Vietnamese D-Addicts

speak whatever language you like here.
Arashi_Sol

Post by Arashi_Sol » Jan 4th, '06, 23:22

Hello guys!! :)
I'm new in this forum. so i wanna introduce myself :)

I'm living in Germany, but my parents are from Vietnam. I'm proud of being a vietnamese. I like this language, too. although i think it's kinda difficult...
but anyway, i understand it, can read it and write it. but my writing isn't that great, i make a lot mistakes^^

so greetings from germany!! :)

Calgirl00

Post by Calgirl00 » Jan 4th, '06, 23:51

Hello everyone, I didn't know that we have the Viet community in here. I am so glad that I can find this thread....
I saw a lot of Twanese, korean movies that have the Eng Sub, Spanish Sub, and other language sub too, but is there any Vietnamese sub for those movie???? just my curiosity.
well since we all understand English, then Vietnamese Sub would not necessary, would it? hehehe
well, nice to know we have the vietnamese community in here...

Cuo^i' dda^u` nghie^n mi`nh 45 ddo^. chao` tat ca? moi. nguoi` trong D-addicts.....

AMMYjar

Post by AMMYjar » Jan 5th, '06, 00:44

since everyone seems to introduce her-/himself, I'll just do the same^^
well, I was born in Germany, but my parents are from Vietnam. My mother always told me to be proud of being Vietnamese, but I don't really understand how you can be proud of something you didn't have to work for or didn't achieve yourself? I mean, it is just by chance that I was born to Vietnamese parents. whatever, I'm still glad to be of Vietnamese origin (at least I feel more Vietnamese than German)^^ and I'm glad to find a Vietnames community here.
My mother just loves dramas. Atm, she's really into "It started with a kiss". Unfortunately, her English is ... well ... rather limited, so I have to be her part-time interpreter^^; which is sometimes a little bit annoying^^ What is really weird is that I always translate the words into German first, before looking for the Vietnamese counterpart in my brain ... Also, she's taken up the PC all for herself and I don't get to see other dramas I want to watch or read my precious manga :cry:
seems like I'm becoming annoying again, so I'll stop for now 8)

Calgirl00

Post by Calgirl00 » Jan 5th, '06, 00:53

well, I guess it would be nice to have a vietnamese sub for those drama huh Ammy??? if there are a Vietnamese sub team, I would like to help out too. So.. let me know if there are anything like that... have a wonderful new year... Vietnamese New Year is coming up... so... can't wait to get the red envelope from my parents... heheheh

trucanh21

Post by trucanh21 » Jan 5th, '06, 00:58

hmm well yea that would be very nice if we had viet subs.. but how are we supposed to sub if we dunt understand the language that the drama is originally in?

AMMYjar

Post by AMMYjar » Jan 5th, '06, 01:27

well there are viet subs for "a love to kil" aren't there? my mother was so delighted to see them! (I personally was as well, so I wouldn't have to translate like every sixth word, ne?=D

pinkapple

Post by pinkapple » Jan 5th, '06, 01:33

AMMYjar wrote:well there are viet subs for "a love to kil" aren't there? my mother was so delighted to see them! (I personally was as well, so I wouldn't have to translate like every sixth word, ne?=D
lol, i noe what u mean.its great having the viet subs. before that my mum was bugging me every second asking wat was going now. now i can watch in peace. =DD

Misuki_chan

Post by Misuki_chan » Jan 5th, '06, 01:47

^_^ it's great being viet isn't it...even thou, i don't know how to read viet or write viet, but i can certainly speak it

anyway ^_^ go VIET GO!!!

AMMYjar

Post by AMMYjar » Jan 5th, '06, 01:51

well, for me personally, reading is no big problem. I mean, as long as you can speak Vietnamese it's easy to figure out what's written, ne? the only prob is writing :-(
@pinkapple: yup, I really hope that there will be more vietsubs^^

Black_Lotus

Post by Black_Lotus » Jan 5th, '06, 13:41

hello everybody
agree with AMMYjar , reading is not big problems and if u dunt know what is it just using dictionary . . .and As if you want to imrpove your writting skill , reading the Sub is one of the best ways . Like me now :lol

pinkapple

Post by pinkapple » Jan 5th, '06, 14:05

i find reading to be easy. its not hard. sounding it out is quite easy. my parents made me go to viet school since i was little, every saturday so i dont have any difficulties reading and writing viet.

K.T.Tran

Post by K.T.Tran » Jan 9th, '06, 12:04

pinkapple wrote:i find reading to be easy. its not hard. sounding it out is quite easy. my parents made me go to viet school since i was little, every saturday so i dont have any difficulties reading and writing viet.
lucky. Wish I could've gone to vietnamese school when I was still a child.
Going to take Vietnamese class during spring or summer.....wonder how taking two language classes will bel ike :unsure:

Has anyone been to Hue yet???
My friend might be doing this Teach-In-Hue thing during the summer. She told me I apply to do this as well. I wanna do it, but I wonder if my mom will be ok with it.

Oh yea, bout Hue....one of my other friend told me he's heard rumors of some stuff that happens in Hue....like if you were a gold braclet or something, some people there will try to chop off your hand to get the braclet :crazy:

wild_berry

Post by wild_berry » Jan 9th, '06, 12:22

Trời coi vậy mà nhiều người Việt Nam trong này quá ha.Thật là bất ngờ.
Năm mới tới rồi chúc các đại ca đại tỉ 1 năm mới Dzui Dzẻ và hạnhn phúc tràn trề :lol :lol :lol :lol hè hè.

~shinigami~

Post by ~shinigami~ » Jan 9th, '06, 13:20

wild_berry wrote:Trời coi vậy mà nhiều người Việt Nam trong này quá ha.Thật là bất ngờ.
Năm mới tới rồi chúc các đại ca đại tỉ 1 năm mới Dzui Dzẻ và hạnhn phúc tràn trề :lol :lol :lol :lol hè hè.
:scratch:

Praye

Post by Praye » Jan 10th, '06, 04:31

~shinigami~ wrote:
wild_berry wrote:Trời coi vậy mà nhiều người Việt Nam trong này quá ha.Thật là bất ngờ.
:scratch:
Wild berry was saying: Wow, She/he is surprised to see so many vietnamese peeps in d-addicts. The New Year has come, wishes everyone a New Year filled of joy and happiness.
------
Hello fellow vietnamese d-addicts,
I'm a new member of d-addicts and was happy to find this vietcommunity. I was born and raised in the United States, but I can speak vietnamese fluently, I can read, and write as well. I've been to VN once about four years ago and I liked it. It's an experience that no one should pass up. :D :D

What made the trip really great was front row seats to watch Phuong Thanh and Bang Kieu sing... it was great!

Trias

Post by Trias » Jan 12th, '06, 12:13

Chao ban! Toi la cung la nguoi viet nhung ma viet tieng viet tat bad ;P

Xadoai

Post by Xadoai » Jan 14th, '06, 03:31

wow khong ngo o tren nay cung co Vietnamese forum nua
chao moi nguoi, toi ten la Tuyen (I speak english better than vietnamese)

MaiMunky

Post by MaiMunky » Jan 14th, '06, 03:38

o_O wow... shock lol i'd rather not type vietnamese but chao moi nguoi, co khoe khong? hai tuan nua la nam moi roi ^-^ mai se tro lai va chuc moi nguoi nam moi vui ve!

debstuh

Post by debstuh » Jan 14th, '06, 03:51

--
Last edited by debstuh on Mar 9th, '10, 07:28, edited 1 time in total.

surrealistic-destiny

Post by surrealistic-destiny » Jan 14th, '06, 10:47

Trias wrote:Chao ban! Toi la cung la nguoi viet nhung ma viet tieng viet tat bad ;P
chao!

welcome! don't worry your not the only one...

well I think in my case its sad since I been to Vietnamese school since year 7. ^^;;

yuna67

Post by yuna67 » Jan 14th, '06, 12:47

hello everybody, Im a new member and i'm from france. I don't write vietnameese very well since i have never taken vietnameese lessons but i can read easily. I just took lessons by myself with the vietnameese book my grandparents send me. It can be rather hard at the beginning , but for me it wasn't since i speake vietnameese every day with my parents.

I would like to ask you if somebody know where i can find the chineese drama: "y thien do long ky" or "heavenly sword dragon saber"

niu co link tien viet con toc hen nua !!!!!!!!!

PS: i have not a very good english, i come from france so don't care of the mistake i done

K.T.Tran

Post by K.T.Tran » Jan 15th, '06, 06:34

debstuh wrote:
K.T.Tran wrote:
pinkapple wrote:i find reading to be easy. its not hard. sounding it out is quite easy. my parents made me go to viet school since i was little, every saturday so i dont have any difficulties reading and writing viet.
lucky. Wish I could've gone to vietnamese school when I was still a child.
Going to take Vietnamese class during spring or summer.....wonder how taking two language classes will bel ike :unsure:

Has anyone been to Hue yet???
My friend might be doing this Teach-In-Hue thing during the summer. She told me I apply to do this as well. I wanna do it, but I wonder if my mom will be ok with it.

Oh yea, bout Hue....one of my other friend told me he's heard rumors of some stuff that happens in Hue....like if you were a gold braclet or something, some people there will try to chop off your hand to get the braclet :crazy:
i haven't been to Hue. i don't think i've been outside of saigon when i went back to visit..i remember going to the beach but i don't remember where it was. we took the bus there...it was far...haha are you planning on going back to Hue? my vietnamese isn't so strong either...i'm so bad. lols i'm like umm...domyoujyi tsukasa. x] i try and learn other languages, instead of learning viet. haha

oh wow...that sounds scary..i remember when i went back to vietnam in 8th grade, my aunties who used to live in vietnam were all like take off your necklace...cause vietnamese people are gonna snatch it off your neck. she said..if i wore it and i was on
the xe honda, and if people saw it, they would snatch it!!! :crazy: i'm like :blink got scared as hell. took off my necklace right away and let my mom keep it for safe-keeping..but thankfully i wasn't in Hue. i was in Saigon. lols so i guess its half true that they do try to steal your jewelry. i don't know about the chopping thing but..anythings possible...>_<
Thanks for replying.
I haven't been to Hue before, but I do want to since its a big famous city i guess.
Were you scared when you rode on the xe Honda???
You were a necklace in Vietnam....WUAAH :O
Happy to hear that your mom warned you and kept the necklace in safe keeping :cheers:

I'm as good as Domyoujyi when it comes to writing :roll

The one thing I miss about Vietnam besides the food....is the girls wearing those long dresses. I saw girls in white, blue, green, yellow, light orange, red, pink, and maybe purple......-_____-;;; can't remember this one for sure.
I was told girls who where white were in the 2nd and 3rd yr in high school and the other colors depend on their work.

sunnyvn

Post by sunnyvn » Jan 16th, '06, 00:25

Hi ya all,
I'm new 2 this forum, and actually this is my 1st non-vietnamese forum that I've ever joined. I came to the USA 3yrs ago, and thus my Viet is still good :D. I hope I could still do the same in 20 yrs.
I watched a lot of series, but to be honest I still prefer CDrama over others. My favs are Huan Zhu Ge Ge I & II (Hoàn Châu Cát Cát), another movies, also from Quỳnh Dao's novel, which I don't know the English or Chinese title, "Nỗi Lòng Thấu Trời Xanh", and especially the wuxia series by Chinese directors. The reason why I like them better than KDramas or JDramas is because they deal with a broader picture than just love between a guy and a girl, and their love has a "sacred" meaning to it. What I'm talking about is how they are willing to sacrifice everything for their lover. And I don't think the movies can describe that as well as the novels. I didn't just watched movies. I spent a great part of my time reading the novels, esp those from Kim Dung (Eng: Louis Cha). He wrote novels like "Anh Hùng Xạ Điêu" (The Legend of the Condor Hero) or "Lộc Đỉnh Ký" (The Deer and The Cauldron). I f you read those novels, you would not just love our country and all the things that it can offer, such as food :lol, but also the tradition, the culture from which those novels arise.
So much for the movies and novels. I remembered seeing 1 of the post about ppl asking if all the VNese are related. This is not false entirely. According to 1 of the VNese legend "Trăm trứng trăm con" (Eng Translation: A Hundred Eggs, a hundred Children), all of Vnese have the same ancestor, Lạc Long Quân and Âu Cơ. I learned about this when I was in Elementary school, so I may not remember it well, but its goes like this: Lạc Long Quân, who lives by the ocean, met Âu cơ, who is a mountain fairy. They loved each other and became husband and wife. Âu Cơ was pregnant, and she gave birth to 100 babies. However, becasue Lạc Long Quân and Âu Cơ came from different places, they cannot stay with each other. Threrefore, LLQ took 50 children and went to the ocean, and AC took the other 50 to the mountain, and that's how Vietnam have both people in the plains, by the sea, and on the mountains. LLQ and AC are considered as all VNese's "Cha and Mẹ". Thus we have the term "đồng bào" (from the same egg).
If any1 wants to talk more about this, I'll be happy to follow up. If anything I said wasn't exactly true, I'm really sorry. My point was just to open a new discussion, as well as introducing some other aspect of the movies and VNese culture.
How are you all prepared for Tết, can we share about that 2?
Anyway, I'm a Phạm. The Phạm's didn't have much power, for there wasn't any Phạm King, like Trần, Lê & Nguyễn, but we had a lot of famous scholars throughout the VNese history

hong2221

dfas

Post by hong2221 » Jan 18th, '06, 20:43

Is there a vietnamese list of new series coming out weekly? I don't feel like checking out with my video store, he's a jerk...

debstuh

Post by debstuh » Jan 19th, '06, 10:54

--
Last edited by debstuh on Mar 9th, '10, 07:57, edited 1 time in total.

MaiMunky

Post by MaiMunky » Jan 19th, '06, 22:32

sunnyvn wrote:Hi ya all,
I'm new 2 this forum, and actually this is my 1st non-vietnamese forum that I've ever joined. I came to the USA 3yrs ago, and thus my Viet is still good :D. I hope I could still do the same in 20 yrs.
I watched a lot of series, but to be honest I still prefer CDrama over others. My favs are Huan Zhu Ge Ge I & II (Hoàn Châu Cát Cát), another movies, also from Quỳnh Dao's novel, which I don't know the English or Chinese title, "Nỗi Lòng Thấu Trời Xanh", and especially the wuxia series by Chinese directors. The reason why I like them better than KDramas or JDramas is because they deal with a broader picture than just love between a guy and a girl, and their love has a "sacred" meaning to it. What I'm talking about is how they are willing to sacrifice everything for their lover. And I don't think the movies can describe that as well as the novels. I didn't just watched movies. I spent a great part of my time reading the novels, esp those from Kim Dung (Eng: Louis Cha). He wrote novels like "Anh Hùng Xạ Điêu" (The Legend of the Condor Hero) or "Lộc Đỉnh Ký" (The Deer and The Cauldron). I f you read those novels, you would not just love our country and all the things that it can offer, such as food :lol, but also the tradition, the culture from which those novels arise.
So much for the movies and novels. I remembered seeing 1 of the post about ppl asking if all the VNese are related. This is not false entirely. According to 1 of the VNese legend "Trăm trứng trăm con" (Eng Translation: A Hundred Eggs, a hundred Children), all of Vnese have the same ancestor, Lạc Long Quân and Âu Cơ. I learned about this when I was in Elementary school, so I may not remember it well, but its goes like this: Lạc Long Quân, who lives by the ocean, met Âu cơ, who is a mountain fairy. They loved each other and became husband and wife. Âu Cơ was pregnant, and she gave birth to 100 babies. However, becasue Lạc Long Quân and Âu Cơ came from different places, they cannot stay with each other. Threrefore, LLQ took 50 children and went to the ocean, and AC took the other 50 to the mountain, and that's how Vietnam have both people in the plains, by the sea, and on the mountains. LLQ and AC are considered as all VNese's "Cha and Mẹ". Thus we have the term "đồng bào" (from the same egg).
If any1 wants to talk more about this, I'll be happy to follow up. If anything I said wasn't exactly true, I'm really sorry. My point was just to open a new discussion, as well as introducing some other aspect of the movies and VNese culture.
How are you all prepared for Tết, can we share about that 2?
Anyway, I'm a Phạm. The Phạm's didn't have much power, for there wasn't any Phạm King, like Trần, Lê & Nguyễn, but we had a lot of famous scholars throughout the VNese history

Hello. I'm a Nguyen. Mai Phuong Nguyen. Lol. I feel weird and incorrect saying that. Your story was correct, I've heard it many times. I like the stories of like Tho Dia Cong? I like all of the myths and legends of Asia, they are really interesting. Not sure whether to believe it or not, just like religion. [Sorry, sorry, I don't want to bring up a big debate about that. Everyone has different beliefs, I'm not saying I'm atheist, maybe agnostic. Although, I believe that is the terms are similar.. Nvm.] For Tet, I don't know what I'm doing yet. [Sorry, not putting symbols.] There are always parties/ceremonies that go on and all but I don't usually go. I just celebrate it at home with family. I don't really like going to the 'temples' here. Once a year I go to VN to get a good luck charm and all. The temples here have been... Americanized?
What are you doing for Tet? Eh... I'm just jumping to different topics now. I came to America about 13 years ago. My viet is still good, its just getting a little rusty since I'm learning so many different languages. [I know English, some Spanish, French, taking Latin, and trying to learn Chinese.]
Do you have any other interesting stories you can tell us? Hehe, my mom doesn't tell me them anymore. :P I know, I'm still a little kid. I like Chinese movies the best, after that I think Korean and then Japanese. I like the old fashioned chinese movie with the love stories and those sword and karate fights. ^-^

MaiMunky

Post by MaiMunky » Jan 19th, '06, 22:39

debstuh wrote:
K.T.Tran wrote:
debstuh wrote:
i haven't been to Hue. i don't think i've been outside of saigon when i went back to visit..i remember going to the beach but i don't remember where it was. we took the bus there...it was far...haha are you planning on going back to Hue? my vietnamese isn't so strong either...i'm so bad. lols i'm like umm...domyoujyi tsukasa. x] i try and learn other languages, instead of learning viet. haha

oh wow...that sounds scary..i remember when i went back to vietnam in 8th grade, my aunties who used to live in vietnam were all like take off your necklace...cause vietnamese people are gonna snatch it off your neck. she said..if i wore it and i was on
the xe honda, and if people saw it, they would snatch it!!! :crazy: i'm like :blink got scared as hell. took off my necklace right away and let my mom keep it for safe-keeping..but thankfully i wasn't in Hue. i was in Saigon. lols so i guess its half true that they do try to steal your jewelry. i don't know about the chopping thing but..anythings possible...>_<
Thanks for replying.
I haven't been to Hue before, but I do want to since its a big famous city i guess.
Were you scared when you rode on the xe Honda???
You were a necklace in Vietnam....WUAAH :O
Happy to hear that your mom warned you and kept the necklace in safe keeping :cheers:

I'm as good as Domyoujyi when it comes to writing :roll

The one thing I miss about Vietnam besides the food....is the girls wearing those long dresses. I saw girls in white, blue, green, yellow, light orange, red, pink, and maybe purple......-_____-;;; can't remember this one for sure.
I was told girls who where white were in the 2nd and 3rd yr in high school and the other colors depend on their work.

hey k.t. hehe no problem. ^_^ i haven't heard much about Hue, i guess because i've only been in saigon. haha actually i wasn't scared being on the xe honda. (but i already had my necklace off so i wasn't scared x]) but i think the scary one is the roundabout!! oh my gosh!! theres soo many cars going in circles and circles trying to get to the streets on the right left...do you know what i'm talking about? that roundabout in saigon. now thats freaky. and theres also trucks tOo!!

haha yea i took my necklace off at the airport...puahahaha. your writing is as good as domoujyi. :D

ohh...you like the ao dai's? i felt so bad for the girls cause its so hot, and their on the bicycles going to school. wow...so many colors...are you sure?? lols i know that white ao dai's are high school. hehe your so funny. ^__^ okay. take cares!! =]
Heylo. Lol. I just wanted to reply to this. I love ao dai, I get a new one every year now. This year I got a yellow one. Ao dai has always been for high school I believe. My mom still has a picture of her and her classmates wearing them. I've been to a lot of places in VN, Saigon, VinhLong [Originally born there], Nha Trang, Cam Ranh, Long Xuyen, Sa Dec, Ca Mau, Rach Gia, My Tho, Vung Tau, Tay Ninh... well mainly in the south. Don't really want to go North... conflicts.. communists... can't understand the way they speak since I am nguoi nam. Noi tieng nam. With the jewelry stuff you gotta be safe everywhere. My cousin almost got pick pocketd. She had my medicine in her jacket pocket and it was bulging out and they thought it was money and tried to grab for it and then it caused a big arguement there at the outside market. -_-'

K.T.Tran

Post by K.T.Tran » Jan 22nd, '06, 22:29

MaiMunky wrote: Heylo. Lol. I just wanted to reply to this. I love ao dai, I get a new one every year now. This year I got a yellow one. Ao dai has always been for high school I believe. My mom still has a picture of her and her classmates wearing them. I've been to a lot of places in VN, Saigon, VinhLong [Originally born there], Nha Trang, Cam Ranh, Long Xuyen, Sa Dec, Ca Mau, Rach Gia, My Tho, Vung Tau, Tay Ninh... well mainly in the south. Don't really want to go North... conflicts.. communists... can't understand the way they speak since I am nguoi nam. Noi tieng nam. With the jewelry stuff you gotta be safe everywhere. My cousin almost got pick pocketd. She had my medicine in her jacket pocket and it was bulging out and they thought it was money and tried to grab for it and then it caused a big arguement there at the outside market. -_-'
Thats cool you get one every year. You must've have a lot :mrgreen:
Wow you've been to many cities, I envy you :cry:

I think the furthest north I'd go is to Hue but thats bout it. Don't dare go to north, fraid what kinda conflict me and them communist folks might get into :crazy:

Thats crazy, you're cousin almost got her medicine stolen. Wild :O

Guess whenever going to vietnam, everything on you has to be covered up.
I'm lucky nobody tried to take my backpack away from me while I was there

@Debstuh: You're one brave person. I only went on the xe honda at night when my cousin drove. I'd probably would've been more scared during the day. I bet some of the girls would've laughed at me seeing me all spooked out and sweating bullets :lol

The roundabout.......I think i remember.....what i really remember is that all the cars, kids on bikes, trucks and all just drive how they please to get to their destination :crazy:
was this roundabout inside the city or just as you're about to enter it coming from another city???

dan12

Post by dan12 » Jan 22nd, '06, 22:34

im going to vietnam this year and my parents just bought land their and build a new house that is to be done by the summer so im pretty excited ahha vietnam is a pretty chill place 2 years ago i notice vietnamese girls there are getting pretty cute and hott luckly for me im a viet que whatever the "heo" that suppose to mean but that ur frome america and all the vietnamese girls go nuts cause ur a viet que lol but luckly for me i can understand and speak a lil vietnamese werd lol

www.myspace.com/717_341_3887

K.T.Tran

Post by K.T.Tran » Jan 22nd, '06, 22:45

dan12 wrote:im going to vietnam this year and my parents just bought land their and build a new house that is to be done by the summer so im pretty excited ahha vietnam is a pretty chill place 2 years ago i notice vietnamese girls there are getting pretty cute and hott luckly for me im a viet que whatever the "heo" that suppose to mean but that ur frome america and all the vietnamese girls go nuts cause ur a viet que lol but luckly for me i can understand and speak a lil vietnamese werd lol

Thats cool your parents got land their :cheers:

is that how its spelled??? My uncle was telling me that too. Vietnamese girls there go crazy when they see vietnamese guys from outside vietnam. I was walking through the market place with my mom, aunts, and cousins and the girls there started to talk to me. One ask me how do you say you're handsome and english, so i told her and she said it back to me :lol amazingly she said it very well and clear.

But yea, I saw a lot more cute girls then i expected :O

Hope you have fun in vietnam when you go :mrgreen:

athrunjustice

Post by athrunjustice » Jan 23rd, '06, 03:44

dan12 wrote:im going to vietnam this year and my parents just bought land their and build a new house that is to be done by the summer so im pretty excited ahha vietnam is a pretty chill place 2 years ago i notice vietnamese girls there are getting pretty cute and hott luckly for me im a viet que whatever the "heo" that suppose to mean but that ur frome america and all the vietnamese girls go nuts cause ur a viet que lol but luckly for me i can understand and speak a lil vietnamese werd lol

Grats mate on buyin land n ****, my mum will be comin back this weekend from vietnam and she spent 10k on 2 fishin boats, was goin to buy land n ****, but we dont trust commies etc....

Seriously to tell you the truth i was there 3 years ago, and the term "viet que" is a load of bs, you go there u will see some vietnamese are richer then you. The gurls u see that wants to marry viet ques are usually gold diggers or want to live in a democratic country with freedom to seek better life. If i was a rich vietnamese i rather be in vietname and do nothing all day, if bored go out eat and ride ur motorbike. I dont even think im richer then sum of the intern vietnamese students studyin in my country. Those guys are like filthy rick, just that they dont display it the way they are dressed, but u can really tell if you talk to them. Oh and they are so polite unlike the rude local breed of vietnamese idiots, evey time i talk to them they are like "ANH" OR "EM" when talkin to them, so i feel like i got a chance with these rich fobs.

Ruroshin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ruroshin » Jan 23rd, '06, 03:53

K.T.Tran wrote:
Thats cool your parents got land their :cheers:

is that how its spelled??? My uncle was telling me that too. Vietnamese girls there go crazy when they see vietnamese guys from outside vietnam. I was walking through the market place with my mom, aunts, and cousins and the girls there started to talk to me. One ask me how do you say you're handsome and english, so i told her and she said it back to me :lol amazingly she said it very well and clear.

But yea, I saw a lot more cute girls then i expected :O
yeah becareful of gold diggers there are many, I had a bad experience several years ago but luckily I found out how bad she was before getting too involved. I've learnt my lesson.

Having said that though, there are some very geninuely nice girls over there that don't care where you come from. I met one that was ultra rich, her house in VN is actually better than my house in Australia, it was massive! She took me around a lot without wanting anything in return, had a really good time.

I've been back in VN 3 times although I probably won't go again anytime soon but thats only because of circumstances but if given a chance I wouldn't mind visiting some more.

Praye

Post by Praye » Jan 23rd, '06, 04:04

I think you mean Viet Kieu... not que. but then again I might be mistaken... anywayz, nice myspace page, Dan.

anyhoo, adding to the discussion of cute viet girls in VN, I have some really nice cousins in Vietnam and one was had her emotions toyed with by a viet guy from Australia so the cruelness can go both ways... gold diggers viet girls vs. dogs taking advantage of nice viet girls in VN.

hinako442003
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by hinako442003 » Jan 24th, '06, 23:49

Praye wrote: I think you mean Viet Kieu... not que. but then again I might be mistaken... anywayz, nice myspace page, Dan.
anyhoo, adding to the discussion of cute viet girls in VN, I have some really nice cousins in Vietnam and one was had her emotions toyed with by a viet guy from Australia so the cruelness can go both ways... gold diggers viet girls vs. dogs taking advantage of nice viet girls in VN.
yeah, it's Viet Kieu... term used for Viet living abroad.
it does go both ways... i know buncha folks who blow up their monetary status to fool girls.
about the land thing, land in VN costs like an arm and a leg nowadays. my aunt works for Saigon's real estate agency and she says prices are crazy now... wonder where ppl get money to buy house and cars when salary is like $100 a month.

baco

Post by baco » Jan 25th, '06, 12:32

Hi everyone, I'm new here stumbling to this site while searching for GOONG, the new Kdrama series. I'm crazy a/b Kdramas. GOONG is really good has anyone seen it????

surrealistic-destiny

Post by surrealistic-destiny » Jan 25th, '06, 12:44

baco wrote:Hi everyone, I'm new here stumbling to this site while searching for GOONG, the new Kdrama series. I'm crazy a/b Kdramas. GOONG is really good has anyone seen it????
have you read the manga? thats really good too.

I only seen the first two since I couldn't d/l the third one for some reason =___=;;;

Yul kicks ass!! XDDDDDDDDD yes, I'm more Yul then Shin

MaiMunky

Post by MaiMunky » Jan 25th, '06, 19:34

K.T.Tran wrote:
MaiMunky wrote: Heylo. Lol. I just wanted to reply to this. I love ao dai, I get a new one every year now. This year I got a yellow one. Ao dai has always been for high school I believe. My mom still has a picture of her and her classmates wearing them. I've been to a lot of places in VN, Saigon, VinhLong [Originally born there], Nha Trang, Cam Ranh, Long Xuyen, Sa Dec, Ca Mau, Rach Gia, My Tho, Vung Tau, Tay Ninh... well mainly in the south. Don't really want to go North... conflicts.. communists... can't understand the way they speak since I am nguoi nam. Noi tieng nam. With the jewelry stuff you gotta be safe everywhere. My cousin almost got pick pocketd. She had my medicine in her jacket pocket and it was bulging out and they thought it was money and tried to grab for it and then it caused a big arguement there at the outside market. -_-'
Thats cool you get one every year. You must've have a lot :mrgreen:
Wow you've been to many cities, I envy you :cry:

I think the furthest north I'd go is to Hue but thats bout it. Don't dare go to north, fraid what kinda conflict me and them communist folks might get into :crazy:

Thats crazy, you're cousin almost got her medicine stolen. Wild :O

Guess whenever going to vietnam, everything on you has to be covered up.
I'm lucky nobody tried to take my backpack away from me while I was there

@Debstuh: You're one brave person. I only went on the xe honda at night when my cousin drove. I'd probably would've been more scared during the day. I bet some of the girls would've laughed at me seeing me all spooked out and sweating bullets :lol

The roundabout.......I think i remember.....what i really remember is that all the cars, kids on bikes, trucks and all just drive how they please to get to their destination :crazy:
was this roundabout inside the city or just as you're about to enter it coming from another city???
I must have a lot? Hmm... I don't know. Don't want to boast or brag. ... My dad owns his own company and makes really good money so I don't get the luxury of riding on xe honda. I <3 motorcycles. I might just buy one and a car, both. One for fun, one for work? Lol. But.. we got chauffered over there during the day and when we went to other cities. At night around VinhLong we just rode the xe honda.

What is everyone doing for Tet?

VietStylzz

Post by VietStylzz » Jan 25th, '06, 20:01

oh yeah vietnamese powa!!! =) but i live in france -__- i want come back in my countryyyy -__-"

dan12

Post by dan12 » Jan 25th, '06, 22:35

haha thanks for the comments i was joking saying that ill hook up with a vietnamese girl lol im fine with american girls seirously they can speak english and vietnamese. unless that is i fall in love with a vietnamese girl but thats pretty rare. I just u know want to improve my vietnamese a little bit. but hey whats wrong wiht meeting girls from vietnam lol

baco

Post by baco » Jan 25th, '06, 23:49

I'm more Shin than Yul & dowloading ep3 now cant wait for English sub

baco

Post by baco » Jan 25th, '06, 23:58

dan12 wrote:haha thanks for the comments i was joking saying that ill hook up with a vietnamese girl lol im fine with american girls seirously they can speak english and vietnamese. unless that is i fall in love with a vietnamese girl but thats pretty rare. I just u know want to improve my vietnamese a little bit. but hey whats wrong wiht meeting girls from vietnam lol

:roll nothing wrong with meeting Vietnamese girls when you're there, don't break their hearts. It's a good way of learning Vietnamese:)

babygiirl

Post by babygiirl » Jan 26th, '06, 00:50

It's not that bad. Been to Hue, in my opinion its the most beautiful city in Vietnam. Beautiful gals there too for all those guys who's interest :whistling: beautiful long hair, mostly violet or blue a'o da`i for high school female students. White shirt and blue pants for male students. Female teachers wear a'o da`i also but they get to wear one with designs (flowers and such) whereas female students a'o da`i have to be plan.

Hue^' girls are really gentle and softly spoken :roll (I'm half so I might be just a tad discriminated :whistling: )

Crime rate are not that bad in Hue^' but yeah, you shouldn't wear jewelry around and no purse ! You might get snatch (no wonder whenever my cousin took me go shopping, she emphasis on those clothes that have pockets and such)

Lahhhhh Te^'t is comming ... who's wearing a'o da`i this year ?!?

-bbg

athrunjustice

Post by athrunjustice » Jan 26th, '06, 02:03

arh my mum just got home from vietnam, she was goin to stay for another week cose sum friends from japan a niece was comin over to visit her own family, too bad my mum had to rush back to the country...

K.T.Tran

Post by K.T.Tran » Jan 26th, '06, 02:51

@MaiMunkey:Thats cool you like those xe Honda. I would rather have someone else drive while I'm in Vietnam.....too scared of how they drive over there lol. I definately don't want to drive a motorcycle here in U.S.

For Tet.......GAMBLING :lol

Tet isn't Tet unless you gamble.
Black Jack....Lucky 9.....Texas Hold'em :lol

and I have no idea how to spell it, but that one game with 3 dice and them 6 pictures. Bau?? Cua??? and what not.
Hate how the adults play it in my family....they just keep taking all the money and putting it on something...if they win...they take your money, if they lose, they pay you...but more often then not, they win :x

dan12

Post by dan12 » Jan 26th, '06, 02:59

is hue the middle of vietnam if it is i tried listening to them when i was there and it sounded horrible no offence or anything

vt4lifecuf

Post by vt4lifecuf » Jan 26th, '06, 03:01

i'm new here and my name is Vinh

:D

K.T.Tran

Post by K.T.Tran » Jan 26th, '06, 09:28

dan12 wrote:is hue the middle of vietnam if it is i tried listening to them when i was there and it sounded horrible no offence or anything
I always thought it in the middle of Vietnam, like where VIetnam splits North and South :unsure:

I got two friends that are Hue. One i can understand somewhat when she speaks Vietnamese and the other one.....he speaks it ok..though when we go eat Pho he always makes me order since he doesn't want to speak Vietnamese. His sister though can speak with the Nam accent :O

debstuh

Post by debstuh » Jan 26th, '06, 10:01

--
Last edited by debstuh on Mar 9th, '10, 07:26, edited 1 time in total.

K.T.Tran

Post by K.T.Tran » Jan 26th, '06, 13:34

debstuh wrote:
K.T.Tran wrote:
For Tet.......GAMBLING :lol

Tet isn't Tet unless you gamble.
Black Jack....Lucky 9.....Texas Hold'em :lol

and I have no idea how to spell it, but that one game with 3 dice and them 6 pictures. Bau?? Cua??? and what not.
Hate how the adults play it in my family....they just keep taking all the money and putting it on something...if they win...they take your money, if they lose, they pay you...but more often then not, they win :x

thats so true! haha tet isn't fun without gambling. my family always plays black jack and the dice game. but at least my family is fair. lols my dad's always the nicest when it comes to playing blackjack. at the end of the night, my dad wins the most and he'd give money back to my cousins if they lose =O! haha and we tip at the end of the night to the person who cleans up. haha your family's so mean...lols but when i play, i even out..if i lost 5 bucks, i'd get 5 bucks back at the end...hahaha

and if there is no fire crackers. thats just not tet! haha you gotta have the fire crackers.

what's everyone doing for tet this year? it came so fast!! the past couple of years, its been in february. and this year it happened to land on a sunday. which is okay...though i don't want to go to class on monday. hehe :P i was pondering if i should go to class on friday too. haha x] ditching frenzies!!

K.T. --this is a reply for the last response. haha sorry it took so long. your scared to go on the xe honda? then how do you get from point A to point B? taxi? haha i guess i'm not scared because my auntie's drive so i'm like yay...haha i'm just chiling in the back. but if u sit for a long time, your butt starts to hurts...lols i think the roundabout was like from saigon entering into another area. i'm not really sure..

but there was a time i was scared when i was on the xe honda. you would've been freaked out too! it was like my last week in vietnam and my family wanted to take us to eat. it was cold and rainy-ish that day. i don't even know where we went but it felt far. i saw a beach next to the restaurant. it was like in the middle of nowhere. so after we ate dinner, we left and i hopped onto the xe honda with my cousin. so we were following my uncle. and then somehow we lost my uncle! and so i asked my cousin, do you see them? and he kept driving...and then we ended up on this weird highway with like only cars & trucks and i saw like a manufacture building on the left side. there was like no xe honda's. and it was in the middle of nowhere! and it was night time and i was scared! we were lost of 2 hours!! then i saw a gas station. i was like pull over and get some directions. WE WERE LOSTTTT!!!! no cell phone. no way of contacting family. :cry: and it started raining! then my cousin got directions and we headed home. i was scared!! we were lost...and i thought i'd never get home. stranded! haha then we got home safely an hour later? my family was freaked! & then we told them the story and they laughed! evilll...and my uncles went looking for us...and they got home, their like u guys okay?? puahaha...this was one memorable last week in vietnam for me. x]

it doesn't help when, i'm a little slow and my cousin's a little slow. and i don't know the area. and my cousin doesn't know the area. lols its like 2 turtles, but when the turtle panics, the brain has to go into full speed. :lol and afterwards we all laughed. oh memories..lols lets go do that again! hahaha that was too crazy for me...
WUAH you're family is so nice.

Tet last year, I lost almost what I got from family members....like $100 i think i lost :crazy:

I'm scared of driving over there, I don't mind if my cousin drives me round.

Lost for 2 hrs, I would LOVE to have had that happen to me LOL. I wanna explore more of Vietnam. Happy to hear that you were able to look back on that and laugh about what happened. Lets hope that if that happens again, you won't be lost for that long a period of time :mrgreen:

Praye

Post by Praye » Jan 26th, '06, 20:03

haha.. getting lost in VN, would scare the heck out of me too...

I would NEVER forget the first time i got on xe honda... because they did not tell me how to get off it so I got BURNT by getting off on the wrong side. It was my first day in VN as well.. so I had this huge blister on my ankle for a few days.. it was horrible... Of course, I got laughed at.. sigh .... hehe

lovelywhitetn

Post by lovelywhitetn » Jan 26th, '06, 21:25

woah...Tết of course have to gamble~~~~~~~~ every year, my family usually play black jack..haha..so funny...we sit in a big circle that makes it hard to deal the cards to each individual. We take turn to be the dealer- which..usually the dealer wins a lot. But if i lose all of my money, my dad will give me more~ yay...! Oh yeh, and of course, we also play Bầu Cua Cá Cọp ...hahahha...everyone scream soOH loud for the animal that they pick. Tết is soO much fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chúc Mừng Năm Mới Everybody!!!!!!!! :lol

debstuh

Post by debstuh » Jan 27th, '06, 00:39

--
Last edited by debstuh on Mar 9th, '10, 07:26, edited 1 time in total.

debstuh

Post by debstuh » Jan 27th, '06, 00:41

--
Last edited by debstuh on Mar 9th, '10, 07:27, edited 1 time in total.

debstuh

Post by debstuh » Jan 27th, '06, 00:47

--
Last edited by debstuh on Mar 9th, '10, 07:27, edited 1 time in total.

Praye

Post by Praye » Jan 27th, '06, 04:23

debstuh wrote:
Praye wrote:haha.. getting lost in VN, would scare the heck out of me too...

I would NEVER forget the first time i got on xe honda... because they did not tell me how to get off it so I got BURNT by getting off on the wrong side. It was my first day in VN as well.. so I had this huge blister on my ankle for a few days.. it was horrible... Of course, I got laughed at.. sigh .... hehe
oh my gosh!! you must've been like owwww!!! >___< my auntie's told me which side to get off...do you have a scar?? ahh!! poor you!! family members just wait for us to do something stupid and laugh at us. haha then they be like yep, thats viet kieu for u...haha x]
Well, of course, I first I pretended it was no big deal until I look down later and saw this big ol' blister... and it didn't hurt til it burst and that was painful... I prayed everyday for no scar... and there wasn't a scar... thank god! You know that was the first thing they told everyone when we got back to the States... heh :P

Praye

Post by Praye » Jan 28th, '06, 23:32

Hi everyone,
I just wanna say HAPPY CHINESE-VIETNAMESE NEW YEAR!!!!! CHUC MUNG NAM MUOI !!!!!
HERE'S A PICS OF ME GETTING READY TO GO CELEBRATE :D :D :D :D

athrunjustice

Post by athrunjustice » Jan 29th, '06, 05:12

^^dep gai man :D:D:D

when i was in vietnam i went to gamble, dude didnt even have enough to pay me when i put down 100k dong about 9-10 dollars hahaha, i wouldve beated him up if he had ran away

MaiMunky

Post by MaiMunky » Jan 29th, '06, 17:53

^-^ Chuc Mung Nam Moi

Scandalous

Post by Scandalous » Jan 29th, '06, 21:22

A lil' off topic...

I don't know 'bout u guys, but these thugs are perfect for Paris by Night, or Asia, these guys would definitely expand both shows audiences... :lol :crazy: they definitely would give that Henry (dont know his last name) rapper guy a run for his money...

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 4457001935

:goggle:

dana

Post by dana » Jan 31st, '06, 05:53

This is TET ( Viet new year) in Orange county in California. This is my pic as one of the girls in the Fashion Show. We show our school spirit and perform the Long Dress in the TET NEW YEAR. Yes, my hair look kind of too fashion. Hope I don’t look too weird.

http://community.webshots.com/photo/546 ... 7497gGfzkC

athrunjustice

Post by athrunjustice » Jan 31st, '06, 15:01

in my area they celebrate tet for a month leading up to the main festival, every week a mini festival is held in areas where there is joint chinese-vietnamese high density population. The final one is up in the sticks in bs area, i think i wont be goin to it cose its not worth it, the moron who organised the main event fuckd it up for the last 2 years, last year it was at a temple nobody knew how to get too, now this year they are having it at a racing course sumwhere theres no public transport to get too, so u have to drive there, how lame.

Praye

Post by Praye » Jan 31st, '06, 17:30

athrunjustice wrote:in my area they celebrate tet for a month leading up to the main festival, every week a mini festival is held in areas where there is joint chinese-vietnamese high density population. The final one is up in the sticks in bs area, i think i wont be goin to it cose its not worth it, the moron who organised the main event fuckd it up for the last 2 years, last year it was at a temple nobody knew how to get too, now this year they are having it at a racing course sumwhere theres no public transport to get too, so u have to drive there, how lame.
Just be glad that there's even a celebration. It actually sounds like fun. Here in Pittsburgh, there is NOTHIN' ... there aren't many Asians here and the ones that are here, are working there ass off in some kind of business... I'm Philly and there are mini celebrations there... so i miss those celebration and I miss my family.... I hate Pittsburgh!!!! :x

xxlazybum101xx

Post by xxlazybum101xx » Jan 31st, '06, 18:18

Chuc Mung Nam Moi ppls!!!!

so who got lots of li xi this year?

K.T.Tran

Post by K.T.Tran » Jan 31st, '06, 21:14

xxlazybum101xx wrote:Chuc Mung Nam Moi ppls!!!!

so who got lots of li xi this year?
So far I got $555.....will get like another $100 if lucky on Saturday *mom's side of family*

Spending $300 or so on a new phone. Gambling with some......and the rest goes to savings.

For going to Vietnam again or to help bring cousins from Vietnam over to where I live so they can see how its like :mrgreen:

debstuh

Post by debstuh » Feb 1st, '06, 03:02

--
Last edited by debstuh on Mar 9th, '10, 08:03, edited 1 time in total.

xxlazybum101xx

Post by xxlazybum101xx » Feb 1st, '06, 03:12

^ i agree. its mandatory to share. lol

i only got 130 -_- but last year i got like 80 so yaa. lol. how come ppl always give u less as u get older? i used to get tons when i was little

K.T.Tran

Post by K.T.Tran » Feb 1st, '06, 03:43

xxlazybum101xx wrote:^ i agree. its mandatory to share. lol

i only got 130 -_- but last year i got like 80 so yaa. lol. how come ppl always give u less as u get older? i used to get tons when i was little
really.....I haven't noticed.

Seems like every year is the same amount......though this year in one li xi I only got $5 :blink

From my dad though, I got more once I got out of high school :cheers: Though I'm going to be spending that to pay my credit card bill and gas bill :cry: Damn....If I was a good student and didn't fail my classes, I would've still have Financial Aid $$$$ to use on books and the rest as I please :pale:

@debstuh:I'm planning on getting that new LG phone that my cousin got. Looks like we both like the same phone.....except he got his before me. I'm getting this one because I dropped my old one in the toilet *not on purpose* He paid like $100 or a little more. He got $100 back from rebate. and the other was free sorta say, cuz his 2 yr plan was up or something like that.

debstuh

Post by debstuh » Feb 1st, '06, 08:18

--
Last edited by debstuh on Mar 9th, '10, 08:03, edited 1 time in total.

K.T.Tran

Post by K.T.Tran » Feb 1st, '06, 08:32

debstuh wrote:
@K.T. Tran --ohh and LG phone? is it pretty?? show me a pictureee!! =] how do you drop ur phone in the toilet? was it in your pocket? haha i'm so protective of my phone. the evil part was the first scratch on it wasn't even caused by me. my friend dropped my fone. does that make sense? lols heyy..did you get insurance on your phone? i got my phone for free with a 1 year contract. i did the rebate thing too. i paid $50 then got $50 back. i really like my phone. its a small motorola that came from thailand. so i can put any sim card in it. theres no provider brand for it. i love my phone!! when i take pictures, its come out so clear...='] i want another one like it. but i'll have to see. my plan ends in march.
http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/stor ... reGroup=20
Its the first phone.

dropped it when i took it out of my pocket..... :roll

Thats cool you got a cell phone from thailand :mrgreen:
I was careful with my phone for a couple months and then started dropping it and being careless :|

debstuh

Post by debstuh » Feb 2nd, '06, 17:48

--
Last edited by debstuh on Mar 9th, '10, 08:02, edited 1 time in total.

debstuh

Post by debstuh » Feb 2nd, '06, 17:51

--
Last edited by debstuh on Mar 9th, '10, 08:02, edited 1 time in total.

Praye

Post by Praye » Feb 2nd, '06, 20:05

yeah it does suck... it's kinda weird to call family members over the phone to chuc tet and u don't get the instant li xi afterwards, gotta wait for it in the mail or something... booo
:lol

athrunjustice

Post by athrunjustice » Feb 3rd, '06, 02:44

Damn my mum just came back from vietnam last week, and shes planning to go again in 6months time durin june-july :( maybe with the whole family, free tickets :D:D:D

K.T.Tran

Post by K.T.Tran » Feb 3rd, '06, 07:18

debstuh wrote:
K.T.Tran wrote:
http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/stor ... reGroup=20
Its the first phone.

dropped it when i took it out of my pocket..... :roll

Thats cool you got a cell phone from thailand :mrgreen:
I was careful with my phone for a couple months and then started dropping it and being careless :|
ohh...its huge! its like multi-tasker! while ur on the phone, your texting too! haha it looks like the concept of the sidekick. you can stick it in your pocket, and it'll never fall out! :lol like yep, it stays forever with me. hehe

the phones we can't get over here are so big & sorta ugly. so when i saw my phone. i'm like :w00t: so prettyyyy!! ohh..i was careful too, but last time i forgot about it when i went to the restroom. lols and ran back to get it. x] and i forget its so small and sometimes it falls out in the seat of my car and i get all freaked out.

and i always see you on...d-addict addict. lols i bet your like myspace addict too! don't worry...we're all addicts to something. haha don't you have class? i do...at 11. =[ lets take the day off!!!!!!! x]
Yea that phone is pretty big, but it seems useful to me :mrgreen:

Oh I know what you mean bout phone falling out of pocket. My old one would fall out of my pocket a lot....well i wear basketball shorts that has pockets mostly and those pockets are pretty big :roll I would get out of my car, lock the door, and then walk to class and when I get close to class i realize phone wasn't in my pocket and had to go back to car, which is a pain becaue I had to walk up i don't know how many stairs :blink

I'm not on D-addict as much as I'm on Jdorama. when Jdorama forum goes kinda slow i would check out D-addict and when I do, I just look through all sorts of thread that I haven't looked at before :lol

I don't have a myspace.....i'm one of those very few asians that don't. oh....I blew up my xanga. Didn't find it very useful :lol

K.T.Tran

Post by K.T.Tran » Feb 3rd, '06, 07:21

athrunjustice wrote:Damn my mum just came back from vietnam last week, and shes planning to go again in 6months time durin june-july :( maybe with the whole family, free tickets :D:D:D
again in 6months :O
How does she have the money to go again so soon???

Is she visiting family over there???

Just wondering because when I went back to vietnam my mom had to bring like extra $500 or so to give to family :O

Hopefully you get to go.
Free Ticket :cheers: