5%
TAS
2%
WA
5%

Total votes: 219

xploring

Post by xploring » Jan 21st, '09, 05:33

dinmao wrote:Anyone from Melbourne interested in trading jap/krn/chn dramas?
I'm interested. I'm in Melbourne too.

Most of my Japanese dramas are Chinese subtitled but I have a few series with English subtitles too. Would anyone in Australia be interested in trading? Please let me know if you are interested.

Saki

Post by Saki » Jan 21st, '09, 06:29

Skobb wrote:Lol Saki.. As long as you're in Australia, all is good :P
Yeah.. Internet sucks here :(
But I guess it could be worse.. lol
True the internet could be worse...

I don't know about Adelaide, but in Gold Coast today is very hot and humid...sighs :(
I hate the heat :(

Skobb

Post by Skobb » Jan 21st, '09, 06:50

As if! Hot weather is awesome!
Lazing around wearing shorts and a t-shirt..
Warm nights..
Sunset at 9pm ><

But winter is also awesome (I get to wear all my cool clothes ^^), couldn't live without either :P

I'm paying $50 a month for 50gb of downloads (25gb of that is between 1am-7am), and I download at 500-700kb/s.. I would prefer a better cap.. Then I could download HD ^^ But you can't always win aye.. lol

>>> xploring- I have quite a few Japanese dramas, mostly in .avi format and with English subs.. I could burn you a few discs and send them in the post ^^ same goes for anybody here in Australia..
One drama I realllllly want are early (if not all) seasons of Tokumei Kakarichou Tadano Hitoshi and Salaryman Kintaro with English subs..
It's impossible to find subs/seeds for those two dramas :(

Saki

Post by Saki » Jan 21st, '09, 07:10

Skobb wrote:As if! Hot weather is awesome!
Lazing around wearing shorts and a t-shirt..
Warm nights..
Sunset at 9pm ><

But winter is also awesome (I get to wear all my cool clothes ^^), couldn't live without either :P

I'm paying $50 a month for 50gb of downloads (25gb of that is between 1am-7am), and I download at 500-700kb/s.. I would prefer a better cap.. Then I could download HD ^^ But you can't always win aye.. lol

>>> xploring- I have quite a few Japanese dramas, mostly in .avi format and with English subs.. I could burn you a few discs and send them in the post ^^ same goes for anybody here in Australia..
One drama I realllllly want are early (if not all) seasons of Tokumei Kakarichou Tadano Hitoshi and Salaryman Kintaro with English subs..
It's impossible to find subs/seeds for those two dramas :(
Sunset at 9PM?!?
I hate summer time here... :( I rather be in Japan right now, but it would be too cold...
Jeez you download so much~!!
At the moment my download limit is only 6gb and I might be loosing that internet soon... cos it's not mine... so yea no more download for me, so no more Japanese dramas :cry:

Whats a avi format? :unsure:
Oooh, can you please send me some Japanese drama?!? :D
Hmm, :unsure: I haven't seen any of those dramas before...sorry :(

Skobb

Post by Skobb » Jan 21st, '09, 08:08

Haha, are you a student?
Why does everybody I know who recently moved here hate the Australia so much :( lol
Australia's awesome!

Umm, .avi format is what most of the dramas you download from d-addicts are in.. Like.. Video files for your computer.. Not DVDs :P
How do you watch dramas? Or don't you watch them at all now your in Aus?

Saki

Post by Saki » Jan 21st, '09, 08:18

Skobb wrote:Haha, are you a student?
Why does everybody I know who recently moved here hate the Australia so much :( lol
Australia's awesome!

Umm, .avi format is what most of the dramas you download from d-addicts are in.. Like.. Video files for your computer.. Not DVDs :P
How do you watch dramas? Or don't you watch them at all now your in Aus?
Why are you asking me if I'm a student? - I'm not a student, looking for a job at the moment, so hard though... thinking of moving back to Japan, but I don't know yet... it depends if I can find a job here or not.
I've been living on the Gold Coast for almost 16years now, I don't hate it, I just hate the hot weather!

Oh ok, I don't know much about computer... :unsure:
I love watching drama! I used to watch it from crunchyroll.com but they are pretty messed up at the moment :(
I joined this site ages ago, but never used it until today! :D Your the first person I talked to from this site~! :D

Skobb

Post by Skobb » Jan 21st, '09, 08:45

Haha.. It's just when you said that you were from Japan but living here.. I assumed you hadn't been here long, hence me thinking you might be a student..
16 years is agesssss, asides from not being born here, you're about as Aussie as it gets :P

Ahh, well, if you've seen a drama streaming on any other site, chances are the subs and raws came from people on d-addicts :P

Ummm.. You can try Keyhole TV.. It's a program that allows you to watch most the Japanese TV stations on your comp, live too.. If you don;t mind really bad quality and you can understand Jap, it's great :P
I just tune in on a sat or sun night and watch the variety shows.. Don;t understand much, still fun to watch though lol ^^

Do you know any stores in QLD where you might be able to buy the dramas I mentioned before?(with english subs ofcourse)
Adelaide ain't as big as most other cities in Aus.. It's hard to find places that will sell them.. lol
I'd send you the money for them ofcourse, along with all the Jap dramas I have :P

Saki

Post by Saki » Jan 21st, '09, 09:02

Skobb wrote:Haha.. It's just when you said that you were from Japan but living here.. I assumed you hadn't been here long, hence me thinking you might be a student..
16 years is agesssss, asides from not being born here, you're about as Aussie as it gets :P

Ahh, well, if you've seen a drama streaming on any other site, chances are the subs and raws came from people on d-addicts :P

Ummm.. You can try Keyhole TV.. It's a program that allows you to watch most the Japanese TV stations on your comp, live too.. If you don;t mind really bad quality and you can understand Jap, it's great :P
I just tune in on a sat or sun night and watch the variety shows.. Don;t understand much, still fun to watch though lol ^^

Do you know any stores in QLD where you might be able to buy the dramas I mentioned before?(with english subs ofcourse)
Adelaide ain't as big as most other cities in Aus.. It's hard to find places that will sell them.. lol
I'd send you the money for them ofcourse, along with all the Jap dramas I have :P
Yea 16years is pretty long time...I didn't go back to Japan for last 5years before, but I went back to Japan for a week last year~!! It was sooooo fun~!!!! :D
I miss the shops in Japan, all the good technology etc!

I have Keyhole tv on my computer, it's good, my brother like it too. I sometimes use that to watch drama! :) But I'm scared to go over my 6gb download limit so I don't use it a lot...since I don't know how much download I'm using to watch Japanese tv online.

Hmm, I have never bought any Japanese drama's DVD from anywhere before... but maybe in Brisbane they might have something? I used to go to Brisbane everyday to study, but I don't go there anymore...hmm, you really can't find that drama on other websites?
I don't think there is a shops that sells Japanese drama on the Gold Coast though...

Oh ok, I didn't know that most of the videos are from d-addicts lol.
You can also use download helper to download videos too!

knuckles

Post by knuckles » Jan 21st, '09, 09:19

For those Australians having trouble with download limits, it is better to choose a plan that has no download limit. These typically range in price from $150AU to $350AU per month and require an ABN.

In my experience 300 to 350 gigabytes per month is enough to keep up with a fair selection of new Japanese and Korean dramas (720p). There may be times when you want to download older dramas and other things besides dramas, therefore it is better to not have a download limit.

Saki, it is possible to obtain most Japanese dramas from 1995 onwards (and quite a few older dramas too) by using Clubbox.

Skobb

Post by Skobb » Jan 21st, '09, 09:20

I think keyhole uses about 15kb/s.. Umm, if you download a program called NetLimiter it will show you how much of your net your programs are using.

I've looked all over for those dramas.. I think somebody subbed Salarayman Kintaro, but I can't find it anywhere.. And nobody has subbed Tokumei Kakarichou Tadano Hitoshi :(
I can order the DVDs off of the net.. But it's like $100 a season >< That's wayyyyyy too much :|

I might send you some of my drams if you like.. I just have to figure out how to first lol

dorky.w

Post by dorky.w » Jan 21st, '09, 09:23

This has made me think alot about how many people actually are big drama fans.
Wow surprising that Victoria has the most, personally i thought NSW because of its population.

AnimeDad

Post by AnimeDad » Jan 21st, '09, 09:31

Hey, i'm an Aussie too :) From NSW.

I've traded with xploring before.

Skobb

Post by Skobb » Jan 21st, '09, 09:34

knuckles, you're crazy >< lol
Please tell me how to use ClubBox as well?
I can't seem to translate any of the site, and yer.. I'm lost :(

Wow.. NSW people everywhere! Doesn't anybody live in Adelaide? :(

AnimeDad

Post by AnimeDad » Jan 21st, '09, 09:43

Clubbox is a nightmare. There's a thread here somewhere, and you can also google "Clubbox Tutorial" for some good tutorials. But don't expect it to be easy :( Don't bother trying it with any other browser but Internet Explorer: it just won't work.

Saki

Post by Saki » Jan 21st, '09, 09:46

Skobb wrote:I think keyhole uses about 15kb/s.. Umm, if you download a program called NetLimiter it will show you how much of your net your programs are using.

I've looked all over for those dramas.. I think somebody subbed Salarayman Kintaro, but I can't find it anywhere.. And nobody has subbed Tokumei Kakarichou Tadano Hitoshi :(
I can order the DVDs off of the net.. But it's like $100 a season >< That's wayyyyyy too much :|

I might send you some of my drams if you like.. I just have to figure out how to first lol
Oh ok, thanks, I'll try to find that site and download it. :)

Jeez $100? That is so expensive!!!
How old is those drama?

Ok cool! :D What kind of dramas do you have?

AnimeDad

Post by AnimeDad » Jan 21st, '09, 09:51

Hey Saki, you're the same one from JDrama.com,. right?

I have loads of dramas and movies, but I haven't actually watched many of them yet :) But i'm still interersted in trading if anyone has anything I might want, especially if it's hard to get otherwise.

My list: http://www.jidolsource.net/dvd/

Saki

Post by Saki » Jan 21st, '09, 09:53

knuckles wrote:For those Australians having trouble with download limits, it is better to choose a plan that has no download limit. These typically range in price from $150AU to $350AU per month and require an ABN.

In my experience 300 to 350 gigabytes per month is enough to keep up with a fair selection of new Japanese and Korean dramas (720p). There may be times when you want to download older dramas and other things besides dramas, therefore it is better to not have a download limit.

Saki, it is possible to obtain most Japanese dramas from 1995 onwards (and quite a few older dramas too) by using Clubbox.
Wow you download so much in one month~!!! :O I have never download that much before in one month!!
Whats clubbox?

Saki

Post by Saki » Jan 21st, '09, 09:55

AnimeDad wrote:Hey Saki, you're the same one from JDrama.com,. right?

I have loads of dramas and movies, but I haven't actually watched many of them yet :) But i'm still interersted in trading if anyone has anything I might want, especially if it's hard to get otherwise.

My list: http://www.jidolsource.net/dvd/
Yep! I was just thinking that I've seen your name somewhere and that aviator pic... hehe :)
Oh my gosh you have sooooooo many dramas~~~!!!!!! :O

AnimeDad

Post by AnimeDad » Jan 21st, '09, 09:57

I've got a few more posts over there... just signed up here because i'm releasing some subs.

AnimeDad

Post by AnimeDad » Jan 21st, '09, 10:09

Saki wrote: Whats clubbox?
Clubbox is a Korean download "program" (for want of a better word). You sign up for storage for files & upload them (A Clubbox), and there's also a small program anyone can download and use to access the Clubboxes. But it's all in Korean and can be hard to get working. But it's a good place to get stuff you can't get anywhere else.

Saki

Post by Saki » Jan 21st, '09, 10:11

Oh ok, I just start using this site today~! :)
All the dramas are big so it would take ages for me to download...... :(

Well I can't read Korean lol so it's not good for me! hehe

AnimeDad

Post by AnimeDad » Jan 21st, '09, 10:15

Yeah, it's been said plenty of times here how much Aussie internet sucks. I've got good net at work, but I don't like to use it too much for downloading :)

If there's a series you really want to see out of my list, let me know and i'll post you a copy :)

Saki

Post by Saki » Jan 21st, '09, 10:18

I think you shouldn't use your work's internet to download... if someone finds out, you'll get in a lot of trouble!

I miss internet in Japan :( It was soooooo fast and unlimited!! Well I think it was unlimited... I didn't pay so I dunno...

Ok cool~!! Thank you sooooo much~!! :D

AnimeDad

Post by AnimeDad » Jan 21st, '09, 10:24

I've heard that internet access in Japan is the best in the world, and really cheap too :( Figures that Australia's would suck so much. Nobody in government will make a decision to do our internet infrastructure properly. It makes me mad!

Saki

Post by Saki » Jan 21st, '09, 10:34

Really? I didn't know that internet was that good in Japan...I thought it would probably be same as US/Europe etc... but here it just so slow and expensive!!!

They should make it cheaper and unlimited here!! It sux so much!! Everything is so behind here...like technology.

Even the mobile's internet download is unlimited over there now! I used to use a lot of internet on my mobile in Japan and that time it wasn't unlimited so my bill was pretty expensive lol.

AnimeDad

Post by AnimeDad » Jan 21st, '09, 10:40

Well, maybe not the best in the world. But pretty damn good *sigh*

Anyhow, PM me if you want anything from my list. I'm going to try and get some sleep in this heat :(

Saki

Post by Saki » Jan 21st, '09, 10:45

AnimeDad wrote:Well, maybe not the best in the world. But pretty damn good *sigh*

Anyhow, PM me if you want anything from my list. I'm going to try and get some sleep in this heat :(

Ok cool, thank you so much! :D
Thank you for talking too!! :)

Have a nice sleep~!!

xploring

Post by xploring » Jan 21st, '09, 11:16

Wow, it's only been a few hours but there has been like 20 posts in this thread!

I have got ClubBox working, basically by looking at tutorials online... It took me a while, but because there is a search engine for it, I could find almost any series, but a lot of them are without English subs. You will need a stable connection with very few dropouts though, because once the download stops/pauses, it can take hours for it to start again. Download speed is at most 50kB/s, and I could not get the speed-up coupon thing to work.

Search for ClubBox: http://boxfile.co.kr/

Skobb

For those series you are looking for, my suggestion would be to try the trade forum at jdorama.com, there are some experienced traders there with hard-to-get dramas. Even if they are in US, it would certainly be less than $100, if they are willing to trade/distribute.

As for trading with me, can I have a look at what you have? I am pretty much only interested in old series (early 2000 or before). I am writing up a list of what I have, it's not complete but it's pretty close. Almost all of them were sent to me by Anime Dad.
http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key= ... njEw&hl=en
I have a lot of other series but they are Chinese subtitled.

xploring

Post by xploring » Jan 21st, '09, 11:22

http://animedivxonline.com/digisub3.html

Oh, you can get Salaryman Kintaro here.
The prices are affordable, but of course, if you find someone to trade with, then that probably is better. Someone I know has dealt with this site, so they should be trustworthy.

AnimeDad

Post by AnimeDad » Jan 21st, '09, 21:41

xploring wrote: As for trading with me, can I have a look at what you have? I am pretty much only interested in old series (early 2000 or before). I am writing up a list of what I have, it's not complete but it's pretty close. Almost all of them were sent to me by Anime Dad.
xploring, I can't access that spreadsheet. You'll have to find another way of doing it :(

xploring

Post by xploring » Jan 22nd, '09, 00:01

AnimeDad wrote:
xploring wrote: As for trading with me, can I have a look at what you have? I am pretty much only interested in old series (early 2000 or before). I am writing up a list of what I have, it's not complete but it's pretty close. Almost all of them were sent to me by Anime Dad.
xploring, I can't access that spreadsheet. You'll have to find another way of doing it :(
I forgot to share it, it should be ok now, hopefully?
http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key= ... Ad_56KnjEw

AnimeDad

Post by AnimeDad » Jan 22nd, '09, 01:00

xploring wrote:
AnimeDad wrote:
I forgot to share it, it should be ok now, hopefully?
http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key= ... Ad_56KnjEw
Yeah, that works better!

Saki

Post by Saki » Jan 22nd, '09, 03:34

Has anyone here seen the J-drama called "Code Blue"? :unsure:

I've download up to hmm, episode 7 or something, but I haven't watched it before!

theuncontactable
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by theuncontactable » Jan 22nd, '09, 03:50

Saki wrote:Has anyone here seen the J-drama called "Code Blue"? :unsure:

I've download up to hmm, episode 7 or something, but I haven't watched it before!
Yep. It's very good. Lots of blood, guts and the sound of power tools.

Skobb

Post by Skobb » Jan 22nd, '09, 04:19

theuncontactable wrote:Yep. It's very good. Lots of blood, guts and the sound of power tools.
LOL Hostel much?? ;><Ummm>>>xploring - WOW that site is amazing, I might have to try it out :D Thanks ^^

I'll get my list of dramas up in a minute.. I just need to find them all >< lol

theuncontactable
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by theuncontactable » Jan 22nd, '09, 04:29

Umm...It's actually a medical drama, but calling a helicopter emergency rescue service, "Dr Heli" sort of reminds me of a kid's anime.

AnimeDad

Post by AnimeDad » Jan 22nd, '09, 04:46

Yamapi? *grimaces*

Saki

Post by Saki » Jan 22nd, '09, 05:40

Oh ok I'll probably start watching it when it cools down a bit! :D

Anyone been watching tennis?!? :lol

Skobb

Post by Skobb » Jan 22nd, '09, 07:08

It took me a good two hours to compile this list.. ><

I never realised how many incomplete dramas I had!!
I guess it's caused by a delay in subs for a while, then me starting to watching a new drama and completely forgetting about the old one lol

>>>EDIT I left out The Good The Bad & The Wierd :P (Korean Movie)
may be other stuff i left out too.. Pretty sure I got most of it though ^^
Attachments
Asian Dramas-Films.txt
(3.09 KiB) Downloaded 276 times
Last edited by Skobb on Jan 22nd, '09, 09:47, edited 1 time in total.

AnimeDad

Post by AnimeDad » Jan 22nd, '09, 09:34

Just found out my off-peak monthly download allowance has been increased again... up to 54G :O

Skobb

Post by Skobb » Jan 22nd, '09, 09:45

Wow that's huge ><
Lol TPG won't actually increase your limit when they upgrade their plans..
I had to send them letters so that they would 'upgrade' my plan ;>>

xploring

Post by xploring » Jan 22nd, '09, 09:52

Oh, I wish I have 54G a month... But I haven't watched all the stuff I downloaded anyway, so it's alright.

AnimeDad

Post by AnimeDad » Jan 22nd, '09, 09:55

It's 74G including peak limit (midday-midnight). But i'll probably never watch all i've downloaded either :cry:

Skobb

Post by Skobb » Jan 22nd, '09, 10:02

Wow >< who are you with and how much do ya pay?
Last edited by Skobb on Jan 22nd, '09, 10:13, edited 1 time in total.

Saki

Post by Saki » Jan 22nd, '09, 10:09

I have a question...
if I was to download a drama from d-addicts, how am I suppose to do it? :unsure:
Am I meant to use linewire?
I'm a bit confused and unsure cos I never download a drama from this site before... :unsure:

I hope someone can help me...
I would really appreciate if someone can help/teach me~!! :)

Skobb

Post by Skobb » Jan 22nd, '09, 10:22

You download little .torrent files from d-addicts.. This is sort of an information file telling your torrent program where to download the file from.
You open the torrent with a program such as http://www.utorrent.com/download.php <<< this.
Just a warning though.. Most episodes are 400-600MB each.. If you have a 6GB download limit, it's gonna be gone pretty quick ><

Saki

Post by Saki » Jan 22nd, '09, 10:47

Skobb wrote:You download little .torrent files from d-addicts.. This is sort of an information file telling your torrent program where to download the file from.
You open the torrent with a program such as http://www.utorrent.com/download.php <<< this.
Just a warning though.. Most episodes are 400-600MB each.. If you have a 6GB download limit, it's gonna be gone pretty quick ><
Oh ok thank you for the information~!! :D
How come the video is so big? Is it good quality? :unsure:
People should use the program - download helper! That program allow you to download videos.

xploring

Post by xploring » Jan 22nd, '09, 11:03

It's probably easier for you to download from one of those LJ communities, all you have to do is register at livejournal and join the communities, then you can download from direct download sites which is more convenient and faster than using bit torrent.

http://jdorama.com/viewtopic.php?p=756083#756083

Though with only 6G per month, you can only download one series really. Those sizes are normal.

Skobb

Post by Skobb » Jan 22nd, '09, 11:16

They're very good quality :P
A lot of us here watch dramas on their 22 inch monitors (I assume) or they burn them off and watch them on their TVs.. Quality is everything :P
I know about Download Helper, but streaming video from sites like youtube.. No thanks :P

Saki

Post by Saki » Jan 22nd, '09, 11:19

xploring wrote:It's probably easier for you to download from one of those LJ communities, all you have to do is register at livejournal and join the communities, then you can download from direct download sites which is more convenient and faster than using bit torrent.

http://jdorama.com/viewtopic.php?p=756083#756083

Though with only 6G per month, you can only download one series really. Those sizes are normal.
Thank you for that link~! :)
Yea 6gb is too small to download... :( I wish I was in Japan with faster internet and unlimited download...

Saki

Post by Saki » Jan 22nd, '09, 11:24

Skobb wrote:They're very good quality :P
A lot of us here watch dramas on their 22 inch monitors (I assume) or they burn them off and watch them on their TVs.. Quality is everything :P
I know about Download Helper, but streaming video from sites like youtube.. No thanks :P
Really? Jeez that's really good...
I wish I have a lot of download limit so that I can keep on downloading stuff. :(
Hmm, maybe I should ask my sister in law to download videos for me and send them to me...cos she lives in Japan! :D

lol But download helper is easy to use and not as complicate~!! :)
Hmm, I wonder how many people uses download helper to download videos...

Skobb

Post by Skobb » Jan 22nd, '09, 11:53

Does anybody know a way around MegaUpload? I've found season 1 of Salaryman Kintaro on a LiveJournal community.. But MegaUpload keeps saying my download limit is exceeded.. :(

Saki

Post by Saki » Jan 22nd, '09, 12:06

Skobb wrote:Does anybody know a way around MegaUpload? I've found season 1 of Salaryman Kintaro on a LiveJournal community.. But MegaUpload keeps saying my download limit is exceeded.. :(
Are you paying to use megaupload?
You should log out and then long in again.
After that you should able to download vid/mp3 again. <- If this make sense to you... :(
If this doesn't work then hmm, I'm not sure... sorry :(

Skobb

Post by Skobb » Jan 22nd, '09, 12:07

Nah, no way would I pay :P
Mmm, I can sometimes download from megaupload, but most the time I just get all these wierd errors ;>>

xploring

Post by xploring » Jan 22nd, '09, 12:11

With Megaupload, after downloading a certain amount, you need to wait a few hours before you can download again. That's just the way it is. I read that you can use proxy, or the Megaupload download software to get around it, but I couldn't get it working when I tried.

mewific

Post by mewific » Jan 22nd, '09, 12:17

Wow! I didn't know there were Australian addicts! :D I'm such a sucker for downloading. What series are you currently watching? I was really surprised when I learned that internet usage is being shaped according plans at first. Sigh...

Skobb

Post by Skobb » Jan 22nd, '09, 13:51

I figured it out :P
Found a nice lil site for generating premium links for megaupload ^^
And I NEVER use megaupload yet it still says that I'm over my quota.. Some dodgey bug.. oh well..

Ahh, mewific.. Atm I'm watching.. East of Eden, Boys Over Flowers, Change, Scrap Teacher, Bloody Monday, Celeb to Binbo Taro, Hana Yori Dango (yes, the korean version gave me cravings to watch hyd again :P), andddd believe it or not SALARYMAN KINTARO S1 WOOOOTT! Finally found it and with subs ^^

Yer.. I tend to watch a lot of things at once :P

AnimeDad

Post by AnimeDad » Jan 22nd, '09, 20:43

Skobb wrote:Wow >< who are you with and how much do ya pay?
I'm with Exetel. I don't know if they are in SA though.

I find that Bit Torrent can be slow and unreliable. I download a lot from the LJ communities, and also from Veoh (even though a lot of fansubbers hate streaming sites). If you download their client software, you can download high quality versions of the videos. What I do is find the video I want, start the download, and then exit the client. I have Windows Task Sceduler set up to start the client program at midnight, which means it uses my off-peak download quota, which is pretty big, instead of the peak quota. The video resumes downloading as soon as the program starts, and is usually done in a few hours. 8)

Saki

Post by Saki » Jan 22nd, '09, 23:45

Skobb wrote:I figured it out :P
Found a nice lil site for generating premium links for megaupload ^^
And I NEVER use megaupload yet it still says that I'm over my quota.. Some dodgey bug.. oh well..

Ahh, mewific.. Atm I'm watching.. East of Eden, Boys Over Flowers, Change, Scrap Teacher, Bloody Monday, Celeb to Binbo Taro, Hana Yori Dango (yes, the korean version gave me cravings to watch hyd again :P), andddd believe it or not SALARYMAN KINTARO S1 WOOOOTT! Finally found it and with subs ^^

Yer.. I tend to watch a lot of things at once :P
Wow you watch so many dramas at once~!! :O
Don't you get mixed up by watching so many at once?

mewific

Post by mewific » Jan 23rd, '09, 02:38

Wow, a site generating premium links. Good for you! Is there something for rapidshare? HAHAHA!

Wow, you're watching a lot of stuff! I finished Celeb to Binbo Taro, Oh! My Girl, Ryuusei No Kizuna, and Bloody Monday already. They're all good in their own right.

I'm addicted to Boys over Flowers (and yes, I also want to watch HYD, MG, and even try reading the manga!!! :P).

LIke you guys, I also download via veoh and LJ... though releases usually appear first as torrents so I do download torrents as well.

I love TPG, btw!!! :D

Saki

Post by Saki » Jan 24th, '09, 00:30

Hey I have a question for people who knows this site~!! :D

I just got a PM from this person and this person want me to join this fansubbing group (HaroRangers)

Has anyone joined this group before?!? :unsure:
What is this group anyway... :unsure: :scratch:

I hope someone can help me out~!!

AnimeDad

Post by AnimeDad » Jan 24th, '09, 00:43

If you can speak English & Japanese equally well (and it seems you do) you've got skills that any fansub group would love to use. It's up to you if you want to do it. If you ever consider it, i've got a few thigs that I would like subbed ;)

Saki

Post by Saki » Jan 24th, '09, 00:46

So if I was to help them out, how am I suppose to help?

AnimeDad

Post by AnimeDad » Jan 24th, '09, 00:54

I'm guessing you would be translating the dialogue. I've never done that (not enough Japanese) but it would be a matter of listening to a line of dialogue of a drama, pausing it and writing/typing it in English (probably in a text document), then repeating that for the whole episode. Timing of subs is usually done by someone else.

Saki

Post by Saki » Jan 24th, '09, 00:58

Hmm, so I would need to have a lot of spare time and downloading dramas right?

xploring

Post by xploring » Jan 24th, '09, 01:00

Yes, from what I've heard, it usually take at least 3-4 hours to translate one episode.

You can pick drama that you enjoy for subbing though. If it's an old drama you are subbing, maybe you could get it sent to you by snail mail, since you haven't got much of a download quota.
Last edited by xploring on Jan 24th, '09, 01:02, edited 1 time in total.

AnimeDad

Post by AnimeDad » Jan 24th, '09, 01:02

Saki wrote:Hmm, so I would need to have a lot of spare time and downloading dramas right?
I guess so. You could ask what it is they want you to do, I suppose. I know you don't have much download allowance :pale:

Saki

Post by Saki » Jan 24th, '09, 01:07

3-4hours?~?:O

Yea I was just thinking about download limit.... so hmm I probably wouldn't able to help them out... :unsure:

My Japanese is good enough cos I use it everyday and so is my English.
Whenever I watch drama, I sometimes look at that subtitles and some of the subtitle is wrong...

xploring

Post by xploring » Jan 24th, '09, 01:15

That's only for someone who is experienced, newcomer usually takes even longer, and it takes about the same time to do the timing to sync the subtitles with the dialogue. It's a time-consuming process all round.

Yeah, translators are always in shortage, so sometimes the translation are not very good. It's ok if you don't want to do it though.

Saki

Post by Saki » Jan 24th, '09, 01:18

xploring wrote:That's only for someone who is experienced, newcomer usually takes even longer, and it takes about the same time to do the timing to sync the subtitles with the dialogue. It's a time-consuming process all round.

Yeah, translators are always in shortage, so sometimes the translation are not very good. It's ok if you don't want to do it though.
True...
I don't want to say "yea I'll do it" and then give up.....cos that's just stupid... so maybe I shouldn't do it!

AnimeDad

Post by AnimeDad » Jan 24th, '09, 01:36

Hey xploring, maybe we should send Minna Mukashi subs and files to Saki? :D

Only joking Saki ;)

Saki

Post by Saki » Jan 24th, '09, 01:48

AnimeDad wrote:Hey xploring, maybe we should send Minna Mukashi subs and files to Saki? :D

Only joking Saki ;)
What kind of drama is Minna Mukashi? I've never heard it before... :unsure:

AnimeDad

Post by AnimeDad » Jan 24th, '09, 02:19

http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Minna_Mukashi_wa_Kodomo_Datta

It doesn't really explain it well though. It's really about how kids from the city fit in to a country town when they attend the Rural Study Program. It's really good :) xploring and I are doing subs for it - from bad Engrish subs ripped from a Chinese bootleg DVD.

mewific

Post by mewific » Jan 24th, '09, 02:54

Saki, wow! lucky you! I always wish I knew how to speak in Japanese. Makes life easier ne?

AnimeDad and xploring, what are your nationalities? I'm Filipino btw. :)
Last edited by mewific on Jan 24th, '09, 02:58, edited 1 time in total.

mewific

Post by mewific » Jan 24th, '09, 02:57

Minna Mukashi wa Kodomo Datta seems like a good series! I love the leads! I Kuninaka Ryoko is very pretty. I think she shone really well in Celeb to Binbo Taro. Of course-- there's EITA! Is anybody watching VOICE?

Off-topic: Serena won! Yay!