Where should uploaders post from now on?

Data, images, links, competition and er other stuff are here.

Where should uploaders post from now on?

Nyaa
87%
The Pirate Bay
13%

Total votes: 445

LoKa320

Tip on Nyaa

Post by LoKa320 » Nov 26th, '14, 04:30

Not sure if anyone out there still has problems finding their fix on nyaa BUT
This is what I've begun doing:

Go to nyaa
Find a show you are interested in
Click on the title to get the details on the show
Click on the name of the submitter

This will bring up a queried result of everything posted by the submitter.
In my case, I pulled up the query list on VampireXxX and then I've bookedmarked the page.

Hopefully, this will help some people get to what they want fast.

Forever greatful to D-A.
Looking forward to what's happening next!

tboune

Post by tboune » Nov 26th, '14, 04:52

OK NOW I am freaking out. Where am I going to get my FIX? This was the best site ever.

O I C, that's what happened to the Drama tag, that has disappeared. I thought I was doing something wrong.

I already posted that I would like to help with a new site. I am sorry that I am so useless when it comes to these things. I will help in anyway I can.

tboune

Post by tboune » Nov 26th, '14, 05:35

What about AsiaTorrents.me?

victorII

Post by victorII » Nov 26th, '14, 18:26

Some countries are banned from uploading on nyaa site.

gubule

Post by gubule » Nov 26th, '14, 21:13

Hi,

I voted for Nyaa but to be honest I am a bit skeptical about this website's ability to deal with a massive influx of "live action" material . Since there has been some talks about creating a new site to pick up the baton, I am still hopeful that we will be able to transfer most of daddicts resources to a specific website at some point in the future.
Although kickass.to & TPB could also be an option, I am afraid asian dramas would end up buried under the massive influx of western shows & medias .

NB : It would be great to keep an open tracker specifically dedicated to asian dramas, but for those who are willing to accept the discipline of a ratio based private tracker I would also recommend you keep an eye on AvistaZ ( and give it a try when registration opens ). It is in in my opinion and for the time being, one of the best source of asian dramas and variety ( with a subtitles database ).

tassyoreo

Post by tassyoreo » Dec 1st, '14, 13:31

Please tell me where I can download the Japan drama?
Plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Darez

Post by Darez » Dec 1st, '14, 14:28

asiatorrents has opened registration for new users this December. As long as you have good enough upload speed to give back whatever you download, it's a great source for asian drama and movies. Lots of seeders, faster downloads than d-addicts was.

alexreeza

Post by alexreeza » Dec 1st, '14, 14:34

okay, i've been downloading oshin with english sub. now that there are no posts here, where can i find the remaining episodes of oshin. help!!!

tekkichan

Post by tekkichan » Dec 1st, '14, 15:58

i find myself lost in nyaa, it's so disorganized .
i vote both nyaa and kickass because piratebay is blocked in my country

dhisashi

Post by dhisashi » Dec 1st, '14, 22:58

alexreeza wrote:okay, i've been downloading oshin with english sub. now that there are no posts here, where can i find the remaining episodes of oshin. help!!!
Do not fret. I already found out via PM from the uploader that Oshin with subs will be continued, somewhere. I am sure that the uploader is still sorting out the best place to upload and the best way to get the information out to us.

Just be patient.

:-)

iubyont

Post by iubyont » Dec 2nd, '14, 00:39

AyoYura wrote:I here by offer to upload J-Dramas to MEGA, UpToBox, and any other Free & Fast file host. All I need is for the requester to provide me with a link to the torrent or site from where the files can be obtained/retrieved.

Nyaa and Kickass are good trackers (I prefer Nyaa though). Also, I'm surprised by the number of users that aren't familiar with Nyaa. That's my #1 source for ratio-free Anime and live-action series. Just name your files like so and upload them under Live-Action e.g [J-DRAMA]Hero.20xx.Ep01.720p.xx.xx-DoA & [K-DRAMA] My.Secret.Hotel.2014.Complete.HDTV.1080p.x264-DoA for Korean drama and so on...

PS. I'll also help run a new site/index to whoever is up for the challenge *looking at taido*
I'm also surprised that people aren't used to Nyaa, especially the complaints about the lack of the sites organization. Like in your examples, filenames have a common format. If someone wants a specific drama they just have to search for it rather than browse through multiple filters and such.

If you are planning to upload to direct download sites, I would suggest trying Multiup.

robekun

Post by robekun » Dec 2nd, '14, 01:09

dhisashi wrote:
alexreeza wrote:okay, i've been downloading oshin with english sub. now that there are no posts here, where can i find the remaining episodes of oshin. help!!!
Do not fret. I already found out via PM from the uploader that Oshin with subs will be continued, somewhere. I am sure that the uploader is still sorting out the best place to upload and the best way to get the information out to us.

Just be patient.

:-)

FYI, I did find them on the facebook 'oshin' page a couple of years ago. maybe they are still there

cindy25

Post by cindy25 » Dec 2nd, '14, 01:23

asiatorrents is down. anyone know why?

zenith777

Post by zenith777 » Dec 2nd, '14, 02:43

cindy25 wrote:asiatorrents is down. anyone know why?
Maybe they got too many new users since the open registration announcement and the server can't keep up with that.. :P

semi-fly
Upload Addict
Upload Addict

Post by semi-fly » Dec 2nd, '14, 02:46

tekkichan wrote:i find myself lost in nyaa, it's so disorganized .
i vote both nyaa and kickass because piratebay is blocked in my country
How is nyaa confusing? There's a search field you can easily type in the name of what you're looking for?

Worse case scenario is click on Live Action to get a listing of the live action uploads.

An example would be searching for the series Birth of a Beauty which would show the following results:

jlo8

Post by jlo8 » Dec 2nd, '14, 03:40

Both Nya and KickAss will get my vote.

However, my preference lies with Nya simply because it's more like a one-stop site for Japan-related stuff, be it manga or "others".

Furthermore, they have sectioned the torrent site well, unlike KickAss whereby it's a myriad of torrents.

tomzero

Post by tomzero » Dec 2nd, '14, 06:37

i don't think nyaa is confusing, but i'd agree that the layout just doesn't look good. sort of a mess imo. still, you can search for things easily enough.

bigmit37

Post by bigmit37 » Dec 2nd, '14, 19:39

hobbes wrote:
bigmit37 wrote: Thanks for this! Actually, YYeTs still offers the Japanese Dramas as I was able to get a couple yesterday, however, the site you provided is MUCH easier to navigate!

I'm curious- besides "magnet links" what do the other words mean?
What are the other methods for downloads besides magnet links?
Thanks!
Oops, looks like I have been looking for the wrong files on YYeTs then, since I couldn't find torrents for the dramas I wanted, lol.

The other download methods on that site:

电驴: eMule, i.e. ed2k link. I used eMule back in the mid-2000s but with torrents and the rising popularity of direct downloads, I haven't found a need to install it since then.

迅雷: Xunlei, a Chinese download manager which also supports torrents. This is popular with the Chinese community but I'm picky about the programs I install so I haven't used this before.

旋风: QQ Xuanfeng, another Chinese download manager which I haven't tried before.

乐视TV: a forum at http://bbs.letv.com/forum-671-1.html but registration/reply is required to view the source so I haven't tried this either. There are other Chinese forums I'm more familiar with to get links from.

The rest of the icons are for streaming links and subtitle searches.

Looks like this site is down as well.
:(

Peanut

Post by Peanut » Dec 4th, '14, 10:20

Sorry to bother... could anybody help with LJ, please?... I mean, I tried to join a j-drama community and I've been rejected... the reason was something like... 'no user' ... Is that 'cos I've just created the account and I haven't posted anything yet ('cos I have to be in ANY community to be able to post...)? Did I understand right? Waaah It's annoying how picky LJ can be... please... don't migrate there... pleaaaaase :pray: :P

jecartas

Post by jecartas » Dec 5th, '14, 07:41

Does anyone know where to get the Chinese +Japanese hardsubbed versions of the dramas?
I haven't been able to find those versions outside of this site. That uploader was great.
Last edited by jecartas on Dec 13th, '14, 08:34, edited 1 time in total.

arnaldosfjunior

Post by arnaldosfjunior » Dec 6th, '14, 04:31

jecartas wrote:where to get the Chinese +Japanese hardsubbed versions of the dramas?
Same question here. :-(

senere

Post by senere » Dec 7th, '14, 09:23

Darez wrote:asiatorrents has opened registration for new users this December. As long as you have good enough upload speed to give back whatever you download, it's a great source for asian drama and movies. Lots of seeders, faster downloads than d-addicts was.
I also recommend asiatorrents. Didn't even realize that d-addicts had removed torrents untill today. I'm grateful to d-addicts and the uploaders that have kept the site running for so many years, but the time has come to move on.

M!sS DantE

Post by M!sS DantE » Dec 7th, '14, 18:18

i'm so sad :(
where i can find drama again

lullabye

Post by lullabye » Dec 7th, '14, 19:12

Peanut wrote:Sorry to bother... could anybody help with LJ, please?... I mean, I tried to join a j-drama community and I've been rejected... the reason was something like... 'no user' ... Is that 'cos I've just created the account and I haven't posted anything yet ('cos I have to be in ANY community to be able to post...)? Did I understand right? Waaah It's annoying how picky LJ can be... please... don't migrate there... pleaaaaase :pray: :P
People use LJ because they can be picky. Locked communities are usually safeguarding something from prying eyes. How do they know you are safe? Post in your own LJ or at least fill out your user profile and send a message to the community owners asking to join. You can lock your LJ posts to only other LJs you've friended, including communities you've joined, so you also maintain privacy. As an LJ user, if I get a friend request but the message or comment from the requester is missing or suspicious and their LJ is empty, I ignore the request. Everyone has a public post where you are supposed to make an introductory comment.

That said, there are a lot of untended LJ coms. Between MU going down and the Russian attacks on LJ, a lot of people gave up on minding their stores. It's returning to life now, but it's possible you are trying to enter an untended community. If you know the community is active, comment in the public post that you request entry, and be patient.

dhisashi

Post by dhisashi » Dec 8th, '14, 02:58

arnaldosfjunior wrote:
jecartas wrote:where to get the Chinese +Japanese hardsubbed versions of the dramas?
Same question here. :-(
Read the article here:

http://www.quora.com/Is-it-true-that-YY ... -shut-down

Good luck in your search. :-(

ewan05

Tribler

Post by ewan05 » Dec 18th, '14, 13:04

Suggestion:
Uploaders could upload to a channel on Tribler.
Channel-ID: 05cbf8c86141120ef7cba2bde736361632c38f1c

khayali

Post by khayali » Dec 22nd, '14, 07:42

well i have read some comments which say kickass is good place to migrate the uploads but i say they have that dmca issues and i'm a anime uploader most of my uploads get deleted by them without notice so it will not be a good idea to upload in kickass i strongly suggest to upload to nyaa.se it's the only place safe and they recently gone cloud to protect from those ddos attacks and they have licensed stuff or everything so no issues

el_canuck

Re: Where should uploaders post from now on?

Post by el_canuck » Jan 7th, '15, 04:47

I am one of those who first suggested NYAA, but lately something at NY has changed. The uploading of dramas has dropped, Healer, Sweden Laundry and others are either uploaded by (NOP) or not uploaded at all. On NyAA the last Healer stopped at episode 6 even though it is now on episode 10. There are quite a few dramas that are not dependably uploaded at NYAA. I did join Asia Torrents, are these guys run by a police force? Talk about rules and regulations, how did the song go "you don't know what you've got till it's gone".
Miss you D-Addicts. You were a joy. Thanks for the memories and the J & K Drama.

cindy25a

Post by cindy25a » Jan 8th, '15, 11:46

doesn't matter as long as its reliably uploaded. the downloaders will find it. even if you upload to kickass and they remove it, it will still be on mirror sites such as isohunt or lime so not a problem.

Korean series are so easy to find. just google and there are dozens of direct download sites. most with hard subs.

SacredCultivator
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by SacredCultivator » Jan 8th, '15, 18:28

Just thought to chime in that if you need an Invite to AsiaTorrents that you can PM me and I wouldn't mind sharing one with you.

tenkal

Post by tenkal » Jan 8th, '15, 20:12

While waiting for a-addicts to be up and working, I've been going through my HD archive of j-drama and reviving some of my personal favorites at Nyaa in the meantime: http://www.nyaa.se/?user=290741
I'll be adding some series slowly of what I have... Unfortunately, I've observed an 80% of hit and run cases there so better get in the swarm within the first three days of the posting 'cause the swarm is down by 1/4 by that time.

Saam-chan

Post by Saam-chan » Jan 8th, '15, 21:41

[quote="tenkal"]While waiting for a-addicts to be up and working, I've been going through my HD archive of j-drama and reviving some of my personal favorites at Nyaa in the meantime: http://www.nyaa.se/?user=290741
I'll be adding some series slowly of what I have... Unfortunately, I've observed an 80% of hit and run cases there so better get in the swarm within the first three days of the posting 'cause the swarm is down by 1/4 by that time.[/quote]

I am helping you on one litre of tears my friend!

el_canuck

Post by el_canuck » Jan 9th, '15, 02:26

I think you missed my point, I have been downloading dramas since about 2005 from a variety of places (some the victims of the Megaupload problems). I was just pointing out the problems with NYAA (remember the voting), that it was not working as well as when we started using NYAA as an alternative.

hey9

Post by hey9 » Jan 9th, '15, 07:36

Uploaders seem dispersed. Some are using Nyaa, AT, Kickass, others just stopped altogether. This is the worst thing I've seen hit the drama community since I started watching in 2007. There are a bunch of dramas this season I wanna check out and I honestly don't know where I'm gonna find them...

I miss using DA :(

In related news, the people at d-a 2.0 are in need of programmers. You can check updates here: http://d-addicts.tumblr.com/

cindy25a

Post by cindy25a » Jan 9th, '15, 08:01

[quote="hey9"]Uploaders seem dispersed. Some are using Nyaa, AT, Kickass, others just stopped altogether. This is the worst thing I've seen hit the drama community since I started watching in 2007. There are a bunch of dramas this season I wanna check out and I honestly don't know where I'm gonna find them...

In related news, the people at d-a 2.0 are in need of programmers. You can check updates here: http://d-addicts.tumblr.com/[/quote]

use google. if its posted you can find it that way

okitagirl

Post by okitagirl » Jan 11th, '15, 04:38

Finding the dramas to download isn't as difficult as finding out if someone is subbing it. The Fanwiki is gone too and I have no idea where to look. Anyone have any ideas?

saigo_x

Post by saigo_x » Jan 11th, '15, 05:51

[quote="okitagirl"]Finding the dramas to download isn't as difficult as finding out if someone is subbing it. The Fanwiki is gone too and I have no idea where to look. Anyone have any ideas?[/quote]

The Fansub Wiki isn't down, there is just a DNS issue. See here: https://www.d-addicts.com/forums/viewto ... 9&t=160390

paigeyin

Post by paigeyin » Jan 11th, '15, 15:20

Hey hey! I have 7 invites on AT, of anyone want to be invited to the site, let me know via PM, I don't mind sharing them XD

ocremix77

Post by ocremix77 » Jan 11th, '15, 16:14

use kickass.to n request for sub category k-drama ! :D

hey9

Post by hey9 » Jan 11th, '15, 18:42

[quote="cindy25a"][quote="hey9"]Uploaders seem dispersed. Some are using Nyaa, AT, Kickass, others just stopped altogether. This is the worst thing I've seen hit the drama community since I started watching in 2007. There are a bunch of dramas this season I wanna check out and I honestly don't know where I'm gonna find them...

In related news, the people at d-a 2.0 are in need of programmers. You can check updates here: http://d-addicts.tumblr.com/[/quote]

use google. if its posted you can find it that way[/quote]

I do, but it's inconsistent results. jpch.tv has been my go-to source so far. Currently looking for good quality Matching Love SP from 2014 with Becky and Hiraoka Yuta if anyone has seen it around (something better than the miomio version).

el_canuck

Post by el_canuck » Jan 12th, '15, 04:38

I have run into a little problem with (NOP) downloads. I was set to watch (NOP) Pinocchio E16 and tried to find a subtitle that was in
synch and with the little information they give, I gave up. I ended going to a DDL site and downloaded from there, of course the wait was about 2 hours, but I did get a chance to watch the drama. I have episode 17, will see what happens tomorrow. Another little hurdle to jump for my K-Drama addiction. Does anyone know where to get the correct subtitles for the NOP downloads? If (NOP) is uploading the dramas , you would think that they would let us know what subs go with what.

Well I have watched Episode 17, it was fine with the LIMO subs, so it just looks like E16 is screwed up. The script at the beginning of the drama, throws everything off.

UncleAndy

Post by UncleAndy » Jan 14th, '15, 17:14

1) For K-Drama subtitles, I have used SubScene (http://subscene.com/) for years...they seem to have everything.
2) Often enough, available subtitles are out of sync with different versions.....so I use the "Subtitle Workshop v6.0b" program. It's free and easy to use & you can resync/repair a subtitle in under a minute (once you've spent a little time learning to use it).

rogerlucy

Post by rogerlucy » Jan 15th, '15, 03:37

I have been away and I would like to watch week 16 to 17 of hanako to anne,
I tried nyaa and btdigg bit have been bitterly disappointed.Can anyone help?

koshonin

Post by koshonin » Jan 15th, '15, 05:35

[quote="rogerlucy"] I have been away and I would like to watch week 16 to 17 of hanako to anne,
I tried nyaa and btdigg bit have been bitterly disappointed.Can anyone help?[/quote]

resolution? has two complete sets one for 720 one for 480:
http://bitsnoop.com/search/all/Hanako+to+Anne/c/d/1/

these are the ones from DA
[code]
magnet:?xt=urn:btih:
BE144161D24611A4BE578FD70515F79A69ECBDE5 ... Hanako to Anne w14-26 (1280x720, mkv, NGB)
10763C2E6B46799B01758B92FBD21D1F216C8791 ... Hanako to Anne w14-26 (480x272, mp4)
8AF69B6EF644AAAC9692B7DC40D4CCCFFD05080F ... Hanako to Anne w14-26 (848x480, mp4)[/code]

in2sky

Post by in2sky » Jan 16th, '15, 11:13

I would like to discuss the current status of drama uploads, subtitles and so on.

Since d-addicts stopped accepting torrents and moving to the new site format, it seems like the bulk of what we would get before is nowhere to be found, that includes the japanese dramas, but also the subtitles.

I've been checking jdramacity's blog everyday, it's got a few of the new shows, but they won't upload the next episodes if the shows aren't picked up by subbers. So far, no winter 2015 shows have been subbed, and the subbing map hasn't been updated anyway, so there's no way to know what's going to be picked up or not.

Any idea where all the uploaders went? I checked nyaa today, I don't see anything new there.

Let's talk :)

ferri

Post by ferri » Feb 7th, '15, 10:11

Looking for an invitation to asiatorrents. If anyone has one, please send me a PM.

tezuka_eiri

Post by tezuka_eiri » Feb 8th, '15, 16:08

[quote="el_canuck"]I have run into a little problem with (NOP) downloads. I was set to watch (NOP) Pinocchio E16 and tried to find a subtitle that was in
synch and with the little information they give, I gave up. I ended going to a DDL site and downloaded from there, of course the wait was about 2 hours, but I did get a chance to watch the drama. I have episode 17, will see what happens tomorrow. Another little hurdle to jump for my K-Drama addiction. Does anyone know where to get the correct subtitles for the NOP downloads? If (NOP) is uploading the dramas , you would think that they would let us know what subs go with what.

Well I have watched Episode 17, it was fine with the LIMO subs, so it just looks like E16 is screwed up. The script at the beginning of the drama, throws everything off.[/quote]

I'm also looking for subs for NOP downloads.
I downloaded their raw files for Dr Frost but I cannot find correct subs for them.
I've tried SubScene (http://subscene.com) but they just don't match.

Anyone has suggestions on where I can go to download K-Drama subtitles?
Or suggest sites which have raw files and subtitles which match?

Thank you.

ocha_suki

Post by ocha_suki » Feb 10th, '15, 06:56

[quote="tezuka_eiri"]

Thank you.[/quote]

maybe you can try here: http://pastebin.com/g5xDa3fH

tezuka_eiri

Post by tezuka_eiri » Feb 11th, '15, 16:49

[quote="ocha_suki"][quote="tezuka_eiri"]

Thank you.[/quote]

maybe you can try here: http://pastebin.com/g5xDa3fH[/quote]

I tried this link the subs doesn't match NOP's Dr Frost.
So frustrating T_T

Keiko1981
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Keiko1981 » Feb 11th, '15, 16:55

[quote="tezuka_eiri"][quote="ocha_suki"][quote="tezuka_eiri"]

Thank you.[/quote]

maybe you can try here: http://pastebin.com/g5xDa3fH[/quote]

I tried this link the subs doesn't match NOP's Dr Frost.
So frustrating T_T[/quote]
Tutorial on how to resync subtitles.
https://www.d-addicts.com/forums/viewto ... 8#p1392980

LuffyNoTomo
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by LuffyNoTomo » Feb 13th, '15, 06:53

both are good places to place things but when i think of asian stuff i think of Nyaa

also KickAssTorrents is another good place just like Pirate Bay

Swedesamurai

Post by Swedesamurai » Feb 27th, '15, 23:06

I found a lot of Asian torrents at AvistaZ.

It's a site where you have to keep up a good ratio but there are tons of stuff there.

tboune

Post by tboune » Mar 1st, '15, 03:47

[quote="tezuka_eiri"][quote="el_canuck"]I have run into a little problem with (NOP) downloads. I was set to watch (NOP) Pinocchio E16 and tried to find a subtitle that was in

Well I have watched Episode 17, it was fine with the LIMO subs, so it just looks like E16 is screwed up. The script at the beginning of the drama, throws everything off.[/quote]

I'm also looking for subs for NOP downloads.
I downloaded their raw files for Dr Frost but I cannot find correct subs for them.
I've tried SubScene (http://subscene.com) but they just don't match.

Thank you.[/quote]
I also have had the most luck at Subscene

Keiko1981
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Keiko1981 » Mar 1st, '15, 06:15

el_canuck

Post by el_canuck » Mar 2nd, '15, 05:24

I was wondering if anyone was having trouble with the [NOP] uploads on either NYAA or Kickass, the trouble is getting some subs to match up. There is no uniformity in the uploads and without the extensions finding a subtitle can be difficult. Kickass still has the uploaders we are used to while NYAA just seems to have [NOP], I am using Kickass much more and I was one of the ones who thought NYAA was the perfect match way back when we first voted. I am using more DDL also. I have found a great one for hard-subs if anyone wants to know.

dhisashi

Post by dhisashi » Mar 2nd, '15, 06:26

[quote="el_canuck"] I have found a great one for hard-subs if anyone wants to know.[/quote]

Please check your PM.

sinecure

Post by sinecure » Mar 2nd, '15, 14:38

[quote="el_canuck"]I was wondering if anyone was having trouble with the [NOP] uploads on either NYAA or Kickass, the trouble is getting some subs to match up. There is no uniformity in the uploads and without the extensions finding a subtitle can be difficult. Kickass still has the uploaders we are used to while NYAA just seems to have [NOP], I am using Kickass much more and I was one of the ones who thought NYAA was the perfect match way back when we first voted. I am using more DDL also. I have found a great one for hard-subs if anyone wants to know.[/quote]

You do realize [NOP] is just streams ripped directly either from viki or soompi (aka crunchyroll aka kdrama aka whatever they name it next). Considering that most subs are ripped from them and then re-timed to match most often LIMO or WITH or whatever encodes. You would be better off just learning how to re-sync it. Usually it's just one time shift to get it right. Only trouble ones are the cable tv stuff where some encoders leave commercials in and others don't so re-timing is more a chore.

Given that the quality of [NOP] is the same as the re-encoding groups of medium quality, you could just grab those instead as most have subs re-timed and easily available.

Also there are sites that stream with hardcoded subs and very fast at it too. Since quality doesn't seem important to you as you are dealing with NOP stuff. I could suggest a site for that too.. but easy to find ie just google korean drama streaming and you'll start seeing them after seeing the big ones like viki, DF, and such...

whiteadamas

Post by whiteadamas » Mar 3rd, '15, 12:43

[quote="LuffyNoTomo"]
i'm still looking for the Akumu-chan movie so i can sub it but i'v not seen anything on it yet
i thought the dvd was coming out November - so maybe someone might rip it but no luck in finding it -- if anyone knows where to get it then i can sub it - it should be the last Akumu-chan related thing[/quote]

I found the movie at AT and kickass it is written in english title "My Little Nightmare the movie"

Most japanese dramas and movies are in english titles in AT so if you couldn't search it with the japanese title try the english title.

Thank you for the sub in advance

el_canuck

Post by el_canuck » Mar 4th, '15, 18:27

Some NOP is okay, I have gone in and edited the drama, taking the commercials out and then the subs will work, but some NOP dramas start after the network sign-in which then throws the whole video off. I have found something else that is much easier. It is a DDL site, but they are quick and instead of waiting for the subs, I can download the drama or should I say the hardsubbed drama, the next day, most of the time quicker than many of the torrents that I have been downloading for the passed 8 years, for example, I am at this writing, waiting for the soft subs of "Fools Love", but going to this web page I downloaded Fool's Love hardsubbed in english in 7 minutes, can't beat that.

http://pastebin.com/yRkwyqat

Try it, you might like it, it does not give us the freedom to correct grammatical errors or spelling errors like in SRT subs, but it does allow you to transfer the dramas to DVD and store them that way leaving more room on your hard drive.

Anyone who tries it, let me know what you think of it.

sinecure

Post by sinecure » Mar 4th, '15, 21:06

a correction. the videos from that site are softsubs. they are not hardsubbed! they are just embedded within the mkv file. it makes it easier to distribute as it's one file instead of 2. you can easily add your own softsubs of your choice and in your player play whatever version you like. ie. if you wanted another language subtitle like indo or something just download from subscene and call it the same name .srt then when the video plays you just select the other subtitle. also, you can turn off the subs completely if you want just turn it off from your player. if it were hardsubbed then you couldn't turn off the subs.

you can extract the subs if you want. just google mkvextract there is a gui that works within mkvtoolnix. then re-mux to your correct subs if you like. the decision to add subs was to make life easier for the people to download as for some reason many can't seem to re-time subs.

btw, the videos are original encodes and not re-encodes from source like LIMO... so quality is way different than that from re-encoders. basically most come from broadcast source or the best quality source files available. why encodes come out a bit slower than others. it's more about quality/filesize ratio rather than to spit out low quality files or fast low quality files.

el_canuck

Post by el_canuck » Mar 5th, '15, 03:14

Yes, I have used DDL when it was the only and last choice or in the beginning and at first I thought it was another subtitle site like the other pastebin site, then I noticed the en in all of the strips and then when I tried it, I knew this was a great site to pass along to other addicts. I have a friend out in California who has been having trouble with utorrents so I have been downloading and sending them to him, now with this site and the ease, he can do them himself, of course he has me trained so well, he may keep me sending them.

drlightbearer

Post by drlightbearer » Apr 8th, '15, 13:21

hi everyone. those who posted those pastebin links are a great help. thank you so much. now if I can find this one, it would be all good: https://www.d-addicts.com/forums/viewto ... l#p1409509

I know this isn't this thread is all about. I'm also willing to help out reposting stuff I grabbed from d-addicts. thanks eveyrone.

chanpuru

Post by chanpuru » Apr 25th, '15, 11:14

Let me address some of the questions raised recently concerning the NOP uploads to NYAA. NOP just explained (yesterday) the process pipeline. The details are in the comments to the 1080p English Subbed version of the Episode 08 upload for Girl Who Sees Smells. True, they are all WebRips.

I've found the quality of the 1080p versions to be favorably comparable to the 720p HDTV encodes most of us are used to. Note that some of the dramas have SoompiTV subs (which I consider to be the best) re-timed for these versions and muxed into MKV files along with the audio/video streams – perfectly timed and ready to run. An added benefit is that selected dramas are captured without the broadcast title logos, station logos, coming attraction animation overlays or news crawls. That's pretty nice! The subtitles are also in Substation Alpha format which is very beneficial to some of the Japanese dramas that have overlapping signs and subs (be sure your player really renders these – most claim compatibility but don't always handle the sizing, positioning or coloring – so your subs end up looking like Viki's).

If you filter on “nop complete” you'll find complete torrents for many recent Korean and popular Japanese dramas with the English soft subs already muxed-in.

For those that aren't in the “LiveAction Sub” category, the “LiveAction Raw” uploads have the DDL links to re-timed subs (usually Viki's, unfortunately) added to the descriptions AFTER the torrents are already posted (when they become available and get re-timed). Unfortunately, those may not satisfy everyone, and I completely hate Viki subs, but if these later get upgraded to LiveAction Sub versions, the SoompiTV subs will be included in the MKV files. This seems to always be the case for the complete batches when they're posted.

koshonin

Post by koshonin » Apr 25th, '15, 12:04

chanpuru wrote:Let me address some of the questions raised recently concerning the NOP uploads to NYAA. NOP just explained (yesterday) the process pipeline. ....
Thanks for asking NOP and your writeup here.
I gained some insights and very much like NOP's attitude reflected in the answer

chanpuru

Post by chanpuru » Jun 1st, '15, 02:38

Update on subtitles timed for NOP releases at nyaa:

Yesterday, NOP started uploading (as pans) subtitles timed for NOP K-drama and Jdorama releases posted at nyaa under [Live Action - Raw] on subscene. That should make it easier for those who've posted questions here earlier about finding properly timed subs for NOP releases.

But a word of caution concerning the particular k-drama used to begin these:

NOP posts the earliest available RAWs for Producer almost immediately on nyaa, then updates the index when the earliest subs are available (changing the link name to include “subtitles added” and linking them as DDL files in the expanded descriptions). However, later, higher quality videos (at the same resolutions) become available and these are uploaded to nyaa separately as “v2's”, but they're not “fixes”.

This is only being done, currently, for K-drama Producer and Jdorama Orange Marmalade, but it might confuse some. The v2's are not fixes, but the later, higher-quality versions, usually with clean screens (no upper-left drama titles or upper-right station logos, nor the Chyron graphics - coming attraction lower thirds or news crawls that are usually on broadcast captured raws). These also usually include better subtitles as well (the earliest versions might be sourced from Viki while the later versions are sourced from DramaFever or SoompiTV).

NOP still posts muxed mkv versions (with included soft-subs) of select in-progress dramas to [Live Action - Sub] and the complete batches usually go there as well. Muxed mkv versions always include the best subtitles.

ocha_suki

Post by ocha_suki » Jun 1st, '15, 05:23

chanpuru wrote:Update on subtitles timed for NOP releases at nyaa:
This is only being done, currently, for K-drama Producer and Jdorama Orange Marmalade, but it might confuse some.
Orange Marmalade is a KDrama tho :-)

chanpuru

Post by chanpuru » Jun 1st, '15, 07:08

ocha_suki wrote:
chanpuru wrote:Update on subtitles timed for NOP releases at nyaa:
This is only being done, currently, for K-drama Producer and Jdorama Orange Marmalade, but it might confuse some.
Orange Marmalade is a KDrama tho :-)
Oops! Well, see what I mean? :doh:

sayaca

Post by sayaca » Aug 31st, '15, 06:10

So where do uploaders post these days and where can I get Japanese Variety Shows? I miss watching SMAPXSMAP, London Hearts, Itte Q etc. :-(

Keiko1981
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Keiko1981 » Aug 31st, '15, 06:16

sayaca wrote:So where do uploaders post these days and where can I get Japanese Variety Shows? I miss watching SMAPXSMAP, London Hearts, Itte Q etc. :-(
Search at Nyaa. You could also try this.
smapxmedia @ livejournal

Doing a search on Bitsnoop (indexing site) and you'll find some too.
FORUM RULES <- Updated September 2018

Gifted OnesTwitter MyDramaList.com

Ongoing Projects
Asaki Yumemishi, Dairenai, Inochi, Oshin, Seoul 1945

sayaca

Post by sayaca » Sep 1st, '15, 07:49

Thanks, Keiko1981! Too bad there's not newer episodes of variety shows as much.