Where should uploaders post from now on?

Data, images, links, competition and er other stuff are here.

Where should uploaders post from now on?

Nyaa
87%
The Pirate Bay
13%

Total votes: 445

chanpuru

Post by chanpuru » Nov 21st, '14, 10:11

Superis wrote:Hi,

i've never had problems with Asiatorrents though...
If you leave the seeding, the bonus points are coming quickly, if you upload, the ratings increase very high...
in the last days i've made a 10 Gb upload to increase the ratio, and after that downloaded 40 Gb, and tha ratio is still the same. Ok, i seed 6-8 hours a day :)

Peter
If you have good bandwidth, especially if it's symmetric, AT will probably work fine for you. But if you have poor or asymmetric bandwidth, you will find it very hard or even impossible to keep your ratios up. Many people don't have and can't even acquire high enough UL bandwidth to even attract leachers for very long - so they would get shut out.

zorkaz

Post by zorkaz » Nov 21st, '14, 10:19

Asiatorrents has the Bonus Points option though... Even if you can't seed but stay active you can get GB equivalents out of it. And the golden torrents...

chanpuru

Post by chanpuru » Nov 21st, '14, 10:22

cindy25 wrote:does it have to be a torrent site? what about posting direct downloads, such as on warez-bb. it would be easier on the uploaders.

or set up a free blog just for Asian. ?
Why would DDL be easier on the uploaders? Then, for sure, they would have to UL everything... and every version (WITH and BarosG in both 720p and XvidD). That's a lot of uploading. Hopefully, with BT (if they're lucky) than can just post the public torrent file which might already be seeding well (I don't know if that has been the case). On the other hand, if they are posting a DDL they have acquired (batched or even originally encoded), they would have to seed it until the swarm was healthy. Generally, BT is easier all around (ULs, DLs and servers). You also have the advantage of encrypted data exchange.

Superis

Post by Superis » Nov 21st, '14, 10:33

chanpuru wrote:
Superis wrote:Hi,

i've never had problems with Asiatorrents though...
If you leave the seeding, the bonus points are coming quickly, if you upload, the ratings increase very high...
in the last days i've made a 10 Gb upload to increase the ratio, and after that downloaded 40 Gb, and tha ratio is still the same. Ok, i seed 6-8 hours a day :)

Peter
If you have good bandwidth, especially if it's symmetric, AT will probably work fine for you. But if you have poor or asymmetric bandwidth, you will find it very hard or even impossible to keep your ratios up. Many people don't have and can't even acquire high enough UL bandwidth to even attract leachers for very long - so they would get shut out.

Well, might be true, i usually upload with 300-800 kb/s, download with 1-6 Mb/s... :)

lady-leen

Post by lady-leen » Nov 21st, '14, 10:48

that was such a shocking news for all of J-Dama lovers & fans ><
closing down the torrent section but I'm glad the subbers will continue
subbing and sharing their subs here!

and for Nyaa! I think it's a great choice & I'm already familiar with it since I download anime from there
but I'm worried about the bangumis & the big tv shows like shabekuri or best artist and music days, kohaku .. Etc

well they upload the whole show in nyaatorrents too ?
nyaa already shared the whole best artist show for last year!
if they will upload it there it will be a great thing to do!
because DA was the best in putting all these big programs and shared it in one place!

chanpuru

Post by chanpuru » Nov 21st, '14, 11:07

lady-leen wrote:that was such a shocking news for all of J-Dama lovers & fans ><
closing down the torrent section but I'm glad the subbers will continue
subbing and sharing their subs here!

and for Nyaa! I think it's a great choice & I'm already familiar with it since I download anime from there
but I'm worried about the bangumis & the big tv shows like shabekuri or best artist and music days, kohaku .. Etc

well they upload the whole show in nyaatorrents too ?
nyaa already shared the whole best artist show for last year!
if they will upload it there it will be a great thing to do!
because DA was the best in putting all these big programs and shared it in one place!
That's basically the point, except that they would have to be us! Nyaa hasn't blocked dramas, but anime tended to congregate there because nyaa is for anime what D-A was for dramas. Who would go to nyaa for drama when D-A was there? D-A was the best, but Nyaa can work well for what we must have right now (the part we just lost here).

Here's an interesting fact: At the moment, the TOP 10 Live Action Raw downloads on Nyaa are D-A uploads![1] The Wednesday-Thursday uploads that didn't make it on D-A are now accounted for on Nyaa with Pinocchio leading the pack (like it did here on D-A). VampireXxX is posting and tagging [JDrama] (to help with filtering). Hopefully, Misaeng will show up there too, later today, and it might be OK to breath easier again. :thumright:

Edit: [1] I should have said: "Top 10 this week". I measured the past 7 days though D-A uploaders have only been posting the last 2 of them.
Last edited by chanpuru on Nov 21st, '14, 11:51, edited 1 time in total.

castielo

Post by castielo » Nov 21st, '14, 11:45

imo, here's the benefit and downside of open/private tracker.

opentracker (nyaa/tpb)
+everyone could access the torrent and files insinde it (no need to register and worry about ratio, sharing is the purpose right?)
+no extra for torrent hosting, problems when facing takedown notice or migrating site because of legal stuff.
+keep D-A forum alive, maybe gain new members if uploaders give link to D-A in their torrents.
-leeches increased
-lot of stuff uploaded to these opentracker, so kinda hard to find new releases (espc. for new user of nyaa/tpb)

privatetracker (AT or a new made torrent host)
+less leeches or hit'nrun case
(well leeches always be leeches, now they use seedbox)
+easier to maintain and keep track of releases
-invitation and ratio problem
(some isp cutthroat their user UL stream, mine was UL 20-30K/s and DL 1.2-1.4M/s. so bonus point and seedbox are the alt to maintain ratio)
-there are some uploaders who just hate privatetracker :P

with decent seedbox, it's easy to get a ratio 1:2-3 dl/ul when completed a fresh torrent.
so will they seed after that?
personaly i prefer opentracker, leech or seed let the person decide.

only my 2c

chanpuru

Post by chanpuru » Nov 21st, '14, 12:02

castielo wrote:imo, here's the benefit and downside of open/private tracker.

opentracker (nyaa/tpb)
+keep D-A forum alive, maybe gain new members if uploaders give link to D-A in their torrents.
Good point, I have noticed that many uploaders on both Nyaa and TPB put link-backs to their own sites in the info data. D-A uploaders could put link-backs to the wiki here, subtitle groups here, or whatever. There is a special field for "your" web site, but you can add anything in the details area (like here). One thing I especially like is that encoding information is commonly posted there (although we don't usually have that detail).

SG-13

Post by SG-13 » Nov 21st, '14, 12:12

Try http://bitsnoop.com/, I´ve found asian movies and dramas there.
Nyaa can be a good option, but I read (Don´t remember where) that Japanese government are targeting them too.
Last edited by SG-13 on Nov 21st, '14, 12:22, edited 1 time in total.

Japon

Post by Japon » Nov 21st, '14, 12:16

SG-13 wrote:Try http://bitsnoop.com/, I´ve found asian movies and dramas there.
Thanks, I didn't know.

chanpuru

Post by chanpuru » Nov 21st, '14, 12:43

SG-13 wrote:Try http://bitsnoop.com/, I´ve found asian movies and dramas there.
Nyaa can be a good option, but I read (Don´t remember where) that Japanese government are targeting them too.
You most likely read that on torrentfreak and those articles were sourced on Wikipedia. Nyaa had gone offline for nearly a week a few years ago after suffering a DDoS attach directed at various anime sites (that also took down HorribleSubs for a while).

SG-13

Post by SG-13 » Nov 21st, '14, 13:06

chanpuru wrote:
You most likely read that on torrentfreak and those articles were sourced on Wikipedia. Nyaa had gone offline for nearly a week a few years ago after suffering a DDoS attach directed at various anime sites (that also took down HorribleSubs for a while).
Thanks chanpuru, I´m glad to read that.

LuffyNoTomo
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by LuffyNoTomo » Nov 21st, '14, 13:58

i think both places are ok for uploads

i'm still looking for the Akumu-chan movie so i can sub it but i'v not seen anything on it yet
i thought the dvd was coming out November - so maybe someone might rip it but no luck in finding it -- if anyone knows where to get it then i can sub it - it should be the last Akumu-chan related thing
If you enjoy or like my subs, it would be most appreciated if you subscribed for support but dont feel obligated. Thank you! Image

kingofbeer

Post by kingofbeer » Nov 21st, '14, 14:01

kingofbeer wrote:
RetroHelix wrote:..Where do I get more information about this legal service?
That depends. How well can you read Korean?
Not the best but I have used google translate (I know I know) to gain access to a number of Korean and Chinese trackers/forums. More info about these groups home/sites will be greatly appreciated. :-)[/quote]

If you're asking about getting KDramas legally you have to know it isn't free. Regular price is somewhere around 10,000-15,000 won every 3months for unlimited downloads or you can pay by data if you're an extremely light user. Going by data is really only worth it if you're either only going to download the XviD/450p versions of shows or if you only watch like 1-2 shows at a time.
They operate similarily to legal English streams like Dramafever/viki/soompitv. They do provide streams but they also allow you to download everything although streams are the more user friendly option. If you're just pointing a clicking on filenames, you'll probably just end up watching the streams.
In some cases some dramas get exclusive licenses but it's extremely rare. The only shows that got exclusive licences on Korean sites in recent years were Cantabile Tomorrow, Inspiring Generation, Golden Time, Reply 1997, and Brain. Most of these sites also provide Japanese shows too but they usually appear a day or two after the air date because they get added when Korean subtitles are ready. But being a Korean source all show titles are in Korean.
If you go to any major korean broadcaster's website like sbs or kbs they list out the places you can get it legally.

VampireXxX

Post by VampireXxX » Nov 21st, '14, 14:12

LuffyNoTomo wrote:i think both places are ok for uploads

i'm still looking for the Akumu-chan movie so i can sub it but i'v not seen anything on it yet
i thought the dvd was coming out November - so maybe someone might rip it but no luck in finding it -- if anyone knows where to get it then i can sub it - it should be the last Akumu-chan related thing
oopss wrong...i only have sp of the movie =.=
Last edited by VampireXxX on Nov 21st, '14, 14:15, edited 1 time in total.

chuajohn05

Korean Dramas Posting

Post by chuajohn05 » Nov 21st, '14, 14:14

Where should all Korean dramas post? Like Pinocchio episode 3-4? Where should it be post?

Keiko1981
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Korean Dramas Posting

Post by Keiko1981 » Nov 21st, '14, 14:18

chuajohn05 wrote:Where should all Korean dramas post? Like Pinocchio episode 3-4? Where should it be post?
http://www.nyaa.se/?cats=5_0

For dramas "Browse" -> "Live Action"

Pinocchio
http://www.nyaa.se/?page=search&cats=5_ ... =Pinocchio+
Forum Rules

Gifted OnesTwitter MyDramaList.com

Ongoing Projects
Asaki Yumemishi, Inochi, Oshin, Seoul 1945, Takane no Hana

kfanatic

Post by kfanatic » Nov 21st, '14, 16:41

Can anyone give me invites for asiatorrents? I really want to continue seeding and downloading asia dramas
Thanks in advance

whiteadamas

Post by whiteadamas » Nov 21st, '14, 16:45

If only someone could create a simple hidden subpage site for all the torrents that uploaders can just simply upload their new files...........if it's possible.........then all we need is a link.
Last edited by whiteadamas on Nov 21st, '14, 16:49, edited 2 times in total.

bangkhen1021

Post by bangkhen1021 » Nov 21st, '14, 16:45

*0*

lokaanime

Post by lokaanime » Nov 21st, '14, 17:02

I would also need an invite for asiatorrents please, I'll pm my gmail account, thankss :salut:

AyoYura

Post by AyoYura » Nov 21st, '14, 17:19

kingofbeer wrote: If you're asking about getting KDramas legally you have to know it isn't free. Regular price is somewhere around 10,000-15,000 won every 3months for unlimited downloads or you can pay by data if you're an extremely light user. Going by data is really only worth it if you're either only going to download the XviD/450p versions of shows or if you only watch like 1-2 shows at a time.
They operate similarily to legal English streams like Dramafever/viki/soompitv. They do provide streams but they also allow you to download everything although streams are the more user friendly option. If you're just pointing a clicking on filenames, you'll probably just end up watching the streams.
In some cases some dramas get exclusive licenses but it's extremely rare. The only shows that got exclusive licences on Korean sites in recent years were Cantabile Tomorrow, Inspiring Generation, Golden Time, Reply 1997, and Brain. Most of these sites also provide Japanese shows too but they usually appear a day or two after the air date because they get added when Korean subtitles are ready. But being a Korean source all show titles are in Korean.
If you go to any major korean broadcaster's website like sbs or kbs they list out the places you can get it legally.
The whole reason of paying for this "legal" sites would be to download and share them, no?

I'm assuming most of these providers offer 1080p/1080i files, right? I know TVN does.

For those looking for Asiatorrents invites. I have a few to give but will only send them to those that will be re-uploading the files to public trackers so other can get them as well. Do not ask me if you're just going to use it for personal use, sorry.

Vultural

Post by Vultural » Nov 21st, '14, 17:26

For those who do join AT
Please please please read the Rules and FAQ.
Note the strict share ratio.
You must upload as much as you download.
Leechers are frowned upon. No hit n run.
Share.
Keep your seeds active. Even if no one downloads them, you earn a point for every hour of availability.
Hours that can be exchanged to improve your share ratio.

RetroHelix

Post by RetroHelix » Nov 21st, '14, 17:49

kingofbeer wrote: If you're asking about getting KDramas legally you have to know it isn't free. Regular price is somewhere around 10,000-15,000 won every 3months for unlimited downloads or you can pay by data if you're an extremely light user. Going by data is really only worth it if you're either only going to download the XviD/450p versions of shows or if you only watch like 1-2 shows at a time.
Thanks for explaining their business model. I'm interested in such things because they are legal and I don't care if I have to pay for it. So would you mind posting a link?

fanaticgurl
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by fanaticgurl » Nov 21st, '14, 18:02

I tried checking Nyaa but then they don't have 480p version for KDRAMAS/JDRAMAS which I preferred to download. Hopefully, uploaders here could upload all versions :D

chanpuru

Post by chanpuru » Nov 21st, '14, 20:36

fanaticgurl wrote:I tried checking Nyaa but then they don't have 480p version for KDRAMAS/JDRAMAS which I preferred to download. Hopefully, uploaders here could upload all versions :D
When did you last check? VampireXxX has been posting 3 or 4 [JDrama] tagged torrents a day on Nyaa in 480 (although the horizontal is 848, if it matters to you). Most of the new Kdramas these past three days have at least XviD versions posted, too (which were also the lightest versions of them posted here). If you choose "Live Action Raw" from the header's drop-down box (as opposed to the similar link below it, but still near the top of the page) you will be given the option to sub-filter by DL size. Enter 1000 MiB as the size limit (or just slightly lower) and that should bring up more of the 480 and XviDs and almost none of the 720 versions.

fookie

Post by fookie » Nov 21st, '14, 20:49

I'd prefer nyaa. Mostly because that already is my no. 1 source for anime :)
But I also think that the uploaders should decide for themselves where to upload in the future...

Vultural

Post by Vultural » Nov 21st, '14, 21:51

fookie wrote: . . . But I also think that the uploaders should decide for themselves where to upload in the future...
I think you are correct there.
Uploaders will do what they want.
They will not consult us or go through some committee.
We will have to watch, and not whine too much.

chanpuru

Post by chanpuru » Nov 21st, '14, 22:05

Vultural wrote:
fookie wrote: . . . But I also think that the uploaders should decide for themselves where to upload in the future...
I think you are correct there.
Uploaders will do what they want.
They will not consult us or go through some committee.
We will have to watch, and not whine too much.
True, however I think the uploaders enjoy the "community" as much as us, or maybe even more than most. So I think they want to find a good place where they can stay together and we all can continue to participate or contribute in other ways. Even leachers help keep the swarms alive and healthy. :lol

bigmit37

Post by bigmit37 » Nov 21st, '14, 22:56

arakira wrote:
bigmit37 wrote:Does anyone know where to get the Chinese +Japanese hardsubbed versions of the dramas?
I haven't been able to find those versions outside of this site. That uploader was great.
Yyets ?

you only need to sign up at their site

I tried navigating the site through Google Translate but I couldn't figure out how to sign up.
And I also tried looking for dramas but I didn't' have much luck. I'm mainly interested in the Japanese hard subs, if there is another place I could find them.

Thanks!

chanpuru

Post by chanpuru » Nov 22nd, '14, 00:03

To those of you now posting on Nyaa, the track-back links to D-A are working fine in the Information field, but have you noticed the humorous reproachments they are posting in your Torrent descriptions text area instead of the images you've linked? They don't seem to allow hot-linking these from other sites. Instead, their upload script is posting an image in its place that reads: Look at me, I hotlinked to someone's picture. All I got was this lovely image. Isn't it gorgeous? I should think twice before hotlinking to other people's sites without permission, huh?

Edit: They do seem to allow links like src="http://i.imgur.com/H9KV5Q9.jpg" but not those like src="http://wiki.d-addicts.com/static/images ... _Cover.jpg" so apparently only those like the former will work. This isn't listed on their Rules & Help page, however.

2nd Edit: Hah, it looks like that is coming from D-A, not Nyaa. Apparrently this site won't serve it's own images to others. OK, now you know.
Last edited by chanpuru on Nov 22nd, '14, 00:28, edited 2 times in total.

cindy25

Post by cindy25 » Nov 22nd, '14, 00:23

so long as the forum stays up, the community will stay together. where the torrent or megalink is posted is just a matter of clicking a link. I downloaded Massan week 7 from kickass just as I would have here.

as far a paid sites for Korean this is stupid and unnecessary.It is these paid sites that are causing the problems for the free sites

Korean is so very easy to find. if one site is down, another will come up. you may have to learn to join files and use a download extender, but anyone can download a complete episode in 10 min, and convert/join in another 20. and most have hard subs.

the real challenge is Thai or Indian.

mpdrama

Post by mpdrama » Nov 22nd, '14, 00:28

RetroHelix wrote:
Thanks for explaining their business model. I'm interested in such things because they are legal and I don't care if I have to pay for it. So would you mind posting a link?
agree. Would really appreciate a link to appropriate site.

huyie
Fansub Admin
Fansub Admin

Post by huyie » Nov 22nd, '14, 00:36

An example of what kingofbeer was referring to when visiting the broadcaster's website: http://www.mbc-america.com/en/default/A ... U9JnB3ZD0=||

ocha_suki

Post by ocha_suki » Nov 22nd, '14, 01:52

bigmit37 wrote:
arakira wrote:
bigmit37 wrote:Does anyone know where to get the Chinese +Japanese hardsubbed versions of the dramas?
I haven't been able to find those versions outside of this site. That uploader was great.
Yyets ?

I tried navigating the site through Google Translate but I couldn't figure out how to sign up.
And I also tried looking for dramas but I didn't' have much luck. I'm mainly interested in the Japanese hard subs, if there is another place I could find them.

Thanks!
sorry that I clicked a wrong button "friend" instead of "quote" ^^
maybe you want to try this:
http://www.zhuixinfan.com/main.php
just use chrome to register there, in case you need to auto-translate the register form
but I think the site is being down right now :/

dorawan89

Post by dorawan89 » Nov 22nd, '14, 02:06

I've been posting on Nyaa. Tho i gotta say, there are more leechers in Nyaa than in D-addict. They download and stop seeding once download finished. Before this when I posted in D-addict, i can get more than 20 seeders after 1-2 hours of seeding. but in Nyaa, seeders number remain the same, leechers increased. ahh..i love you guys in D-addict that really think of others and continue seeding for others to download.

we really are a community. keep up the spirit, and let's continue spreading the love for jdrama! :)

forweg

Post by forweg » Nov 22nd, '14, 02:06

So is there any way to hide that repugnant shoutbox at nyaa?

One of the nicest things about D-addicts is the community of decent, courteous, civilized folks here. Anime fans and "culture" are not, uh... my cup of tea.

Daigokaujin

Post by Daigokaujin » Nov 22nd, '14, 02:38

How about TokyoTosho, it has "Drama" section, look simple and also has magnet link. Nyaa is not bad but I'm concert about the last Ddos that happen on Nyaa several month ago. Just a suggestion here. Having more option is better. :)

ryu22

Post by ryu22 » Nov 22nd, '14, 03:06

hi. i am from bangladesh i read most of comment many of user syaing about same legal prob. u can try thos one http://www.crazyhd.com/index.php i usually use this site for others torrent.its from bangladesh so i think there will no ban

Alexz80

Post by Alexz80 » Nov 22nd, '14, 03:16

I have 5 invitation for asiatorrents.me interested PM me. Thanks

axelemine

Post by axelemine » Nov 22nd, '14, 03:25

i voted on nyaa~ ^^

tomzero

Post by tomzero » Nov 22nd, '14, 03:32

js192 wrote: Tomzero - I'm usually looking for smapxsmap and jdrama, is Asia Toreents good for that? I was trying to check out their site but it looks like it's down now......
they're good for j-drama. not so much for smapxsmap. since they have ratios, people tend to keep them alive longer too.

And to those who mentioned Tokyo Toshokan...Thanks!!! never heard of it before.

kangxy67

Post by kangxy67 » Nov 22nd, '14, 03:52

js192 wrote:Tomzero - I'm usually looking for smapxsmap and jdrama, is Asia Toreents good for that? I was trying to check out their site but it looks like it's down now......
You can't really find Jap variety on AT. Jpopsuki would be better for that, though it's not up-to-date. Getting membership is a lot harder than AT too.

Keiko1981, would it be possible to list down somewhere (maybe in your first comment?) where the uploaders are uploading to now? I know someone's uploading to nyaa and kickass (once), but I've not had time since to read all the comments to check who else is uploading to what other places there are. It'd be easier for everyone else to check too.

castielo

Post by castielo » Nov 22nd, '14, 04:12

dorawan89 wrote:I've been posting on Nyaa. Tho i gotta say, there are more leechers in Nyaa than in D-addict. They download and stop seeding once download finished. Before this when I posted in D-addict, i can get more than 20 seeders after 1-2 hours of seeding. but in Nyaa, seeders number remain the same, leechers increased. ahh..i love you guys in D-addict that really think of others and continue seeding for others to download.

we really are a community. keep up the spirit, and let's continue spreading the love for jdrama! :)
yeah, tons of leeches on opentracker, also i think some of them will come here looking for subs
well, they are also part of the community :wub:
forweg wrote:So is there any way to hide that repugnant shoutbox at nyaa?

One of the nicest things about D-addicts is the community of decent, courteous, civilized folks here. Anime fans and "culture" are not, uh... my cup of tea.
install addblock plus on firefox/chrome
insert this

Code: Select all

nyaa.se##div[class="content chatbox"]
into addblock+

FF : Filter preferences -> Custom filters
Chrome -> Options -> Add your own filters

Keiko1981
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Keiko1981 » Nov 22nd, '14, 05:29

kangxy67 wrote:Keiko1981, would it be possible to list down somewhere (maybe in your first comment?) where the uploaders are uploading to now? I know someone's uploading to nyaa and kickass (once), but I've not had time since to read all the comments to check who else is uploading to what other places there are. It'd be easier for everyone else to check too.
I can't keep track of where everyone posts. I keep an eye on Nyaa, and will most likely post there myself, for the time being.

I need to get hold of a Nyaa admin/mod. I have tried to stop by their IRC channel but haven't seen anyone online. I'll try again in a couple of hours.

People I've seen posting on Nyaa
daemon erebus - Misaeng, Pinocchio
decaturguy - The King's Face
Heiwa Fansubs - Massan 720p
Over-Time
Taido
TSF-R-Subs - Spanish fansub group
VampireXxX - Massan 480p and other jdramas in 480p
Forum Rules

Gifted OnesTwitter MyDramaList.com

Ongoing Projects
Asaki Yumemishi, Inochi, Oshin, Seoul 1945, Takane no Hana

chanpuru

Post by chanpuru » Nov 22nd, '14, 07:20

forweg wrote:So is there any way to hide that repugnant shoutbox at nyaa?

Yes, the anime group is a coarser crowd. They can spit back an FU just for complementing them, but if you really don't like violence, be sure to look away if a noob asks Coalgirls to post an 8-bit version. :crazy:

anzu23

Post by anzu23 » Nov 22nd, '14, 09:13

bigmit37 wrote:
arakira wrote:
Yyets ?

Reg. YYets': they do have most of the ongoing Jdramas (and quite e few older ones). Navigating the page needs a bit getting-used-to - I'm also lost with Chinese - but try searching via romanized title ("N no tame ni") or via actors name in kanji - this usually works quite well.

mi_sook

Post by mi_sook » Nov 22nd, '14, 09:28

what if we create another website which dedicates itself totally to torrent uploads and has thread like feature? similar to DA
It would be great! I've already started thinking on it but due to my semester exams I wont be able to do much until the mid december.. what a time to shut the torrents section :(
I'll keep working on the website though so until then you can just start posting your torrents on nyaa

Sorvaseven

Post by Sorvaseven » Nov 22nd, '14, 10:15

Thanks for the Links of Interest, Keiko1981. It will be helpful until the community is reorganised :-(

korogui

Post by korogui » Nov 22nd, '14, 11:24

i think that better is a new site how d-addicts... new time to start...
giant loss for dorama fans :cry:

bigmit37

Post by bigmit37 » Nov 22nd, '14, 15:37

anzu23 wrote:
bigmit37 wrote:
arakira wrote: Yyets ?

Reg. YYets': they do have most of the ongoing Jdramas (and quite e few older ones). Navigating the page needs a bit getting-used-to - I'm also lost with Chinese - but try searching via romanized title ("N no tame ni") or via actors name in kanji - this usually works quite well.

Ah! That helps a lot. I used the romanized title and found a bunch of dramas.
When I clicked on it, a bunch of clickable icons popped up, icons of different types of applications, so I clicked on the one that showed the u-torrent symbol.
I was a little hesitant of it being malware but it seems to be downloading a video file so I'm okay.

BTW, I'm not too familar with Google Translate so I was wondering if It's possible to use Google Translate after visiting the site? I usually just google the website site name/address and then just click on the google translate option coinciding with the search result.

Thanks!

uedajirou

Post by uedajirou » Nov 22nd, '14, 16:00

I am still at lost which site we can download OWARAI and VARIETY SHOWS from now on.
(like London heart, ametalk, etc etc)

leimomi

Post by leimomi » Nov 22nd, '14, 16:44

I have a question about protocol....

I have some files that I had downloaded from d-addicts in the past. :D I am currently on asiatorrents.me. If I noticed that they did not have a file, can I upload it there? :O I have not uploaded a file before. Do I need to find the original uploader and ask their permission to upload it there? :scratch:

Yes, they do have a strict policy about ratios. :unsure: They ask that people upload as much as they download. Sometimes, when you download an old file, you end up waiting until others download it from you. :cry: Or, you can donate some money, or use the points you get from being available to upload to bring up your ratio.

Thank you for your attention in this matter. I did not know if there was a protocol for this and wanted to be sure... :wub:

Scorpio8

Post by Scorpio8 » Nov 22nd, '14, 16:55

I downloaded torrents from kickass before d-addicts.
I again find kickass & bitsnoop again now.

frozenbeetle

Post by frozenbeetle » Nov 22nd, '14, 17:23

castielo wrote:

insert this

into addblock+
Sweet! Works like a charm. Thank you! :D

hobbes

Post by hobbes » Nov 22nd, '14, 17:24

For Chinese hardsubbed J-dramas: YYeTs no longer offers torrents on their site so you can try http://www.yayaxz.com/japan_korean_resources

No registration required and you can identify the dramas based on the title picture posted. Once in the selected drama's page, there are usually a few versions available (rmvb or mkv). Click on the icon next to the file name you want which states 磁力 (magnet link).

Here are 2 screenshots with translation to guide your navigation on the site.

To filter your selection a the navigation bars on top:

To get the magnet link when you are on the drama page:

Hope this helps in your quest to continue watching J-dramas!

hobbes

Post by hobbes » Nov 22nd, '14, 18:06

castielo wrote:

insert this

into addblock+
Yes, learned a new trick today! I already had AdBlock+ installed but never played with the custom filters. Thank you!

foradeleh

Post by foradeleh » Nov 22nd, '14, 19:47

If you need an invite to Asiatorrents.me pm an email address. I currently have 6 invites available and enough bonus points to obtain another 24 invites. I mostly download movies from there but you can also find dramas in 480p or 720p and even 1080p quality.

Other options for japanese downloads, some already mentioned: Jpch.tv (DDL site with links for 720p dramas, some popular variety, some travel. Shows are available for download 24 hours after airing), Furransu's site (Google jdramacity) for torrents in 480p but doesn't have all the dramas, AsianDirectDownload for DDL links with various quality (current jdramas have not been updated for a few weeks though), YYeTs and Pssclub (you have to register at this site) for current dramas and movies if you don't mind Chinese subtitles, JPfiles.eu (DDL site that I occasionally use for movies), and a few uploaders on Dailymotion still upload some current dramas and a couple of variety in 720p-ish quality.

Still no site quite like D-Addicts. Thanks to all who maintained this site over the years; you have helped keep my mother a happy and, more importantly, sane woman.

goodpeople

Re: Where should uploaders post from now on?

Post by goodpeople » Nov 23rd, '14, 04:51

Keiko1981 wrote:Where would you like uploaders to post their torrents from now on.

We have two choices.

http://thepiratebay.se/ or http://www.nyaa.se/

With Nyaa dramas would most likely be placed under the category live-action. It looks like Nyaa doesn't have magnet links.

EDIT
I can't keep track of where everyone posts. I keep an eye on Nyaa, and will most likely post there myself, for the time being.

People I've seen posting on Nyaa

daemon erebus - Misaeng, Pinocchio
decaturguy - The King's Face
Heiwa Fansubs - Massan 720p
Over-Time
Taido
TSF-R-Subs - Spanish fansub group
VampireXxX - Massan 480p and other jdramas in 480p

tokyotosho.info use magnet

himekohimura
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by himekohimura » Nov 23rd, '14, 05:52

I also wouldn't mind helping out with a new site. I have lots of old jtv sitting around on my drives.

junpeilover1

Post by junpeilover1 » Nov 23rd, '14, 08:18

Maybe just my suggestion
maybe can post the link of torrent you upload on nyaa like subtitle file in discussion drama session

junpeilover1

Post by junpeilover1 » Nov 23rd, '14, 08:24

I think it will be ok
to share link in discussion session
and it ll be more organised
and every1 still can stay here
Just a suggestion only

Alexz80

Post by Alexz80 » Nov 23rd, '14, 08:27

Invitation is sending for who those requested. Please check your email maybe sometimes goes to spam inbox. Enjoy and please stay seeding. Thanks.

Taido

Post by Taido » Nov 23rd, '14, 14:28

For those who are interested in helping with a new site see Setting up a new torrent site. Who is willing to help?

bigmit37

Post by bigmit37 » Nov 23rd, '14, 17:27

hobbes wrote:
For Chinese hardsubbed J-dramas: YYeTs no longer offers torrents on their site so you can try http://www.yayaxz.com/japan_korean_resources

No registration required and you can identify the dramas based on the title picture posted. Once in the selected drama's page, there are usually a few versions available (rmvb or mkv). Click on the icon next to the file name you want which states 磁力 (magnet link).

Here are 2 screenshots with translation to guide your navigation on the site.

To filter your selection a the navigation bars on top:

To get the magnet link when you are on the drama page:

Hope this helps in your quest to continue watching J-dramas!

Thanks for this! Actually, YYeTs still offers the Japanese Dramas as I was able to get a couple yesterday, however, the site you provided is MUCH easier to navigate!

I'm curious- besides "magnet links" what do the other words mean?
What are the other methods for downloads besides magnet links?
Thanks!

kangxy67

Post by kangxy67 » Nov 23rd, '14, 17:30

Keiko1981 wrote:I can't keep track of where everyone posts. I keep an eye on Nyaa, and will most likely post there myself, for the time being.
Definitely wasnt expecting you to keep track of everyone! Just thought that if there was such a list somewhere, I'm sure everyone else will be glad to help contribute to it if they find someone uploading elsewhere not listed yet. Thanks for that list so far though! :cheers:

momst

Post by momst » Nov 23rd, '14, 19:35

I can't remember who did it and I can't find the message now, but a big thank you to the person who was able to back-up/save some of the torrent links before they disappeared. Thanks for posting the url to all that information.

SunSama

Post by SunSama » Nov 23rd, '14, 22:23

castielo wrote:
SunSama wrote:Thank you for your reply. I was thinking for downloading/torrents
In any event I will try your recommendation with your link to se how it goes. I am not familiar with that website. Any tips will be very much appreciated.

Thanks again.

Sunsama :D
your welcome, glad i can help :-)

click the link of the files you want to download and under the Torrent Description
Ex:

if the file/s extension in the torrent are extension for videos like mp4,mkv,avi etc then it's safe, if the uploader use rar/zip/7zip then use your antivirus to check before extract them.

Thank you very much for this information. It is very helpful.

rootabega

Post by rootabega » Nov 24th, '14, 03:09

bigmit37 wrote:
anzu23 wrote:
bigmit37 wrote:

Ah! That helps a lot. I used the romanized title and found a bunch of dramas.
When I clicked on it, a bunch of clickable icons popped up, icons of different types of applications, so I clicked on the one that showed the u-torrent symbol.
I was a little hesitant of it being malware but it seems to be downloading a video file so I'm okay.

BTW, I'm not too familar with Google Translate so I was wondering if It's possible to use Google Translate after visiting the site? I usually just google the website site name/address and then just click on the google translate option coinciding with the search result.

Thanks!
UH OH, I just saw this on Dramarathon:
YYETS, the go-to Chinese site for tv shows is being investigated for copyright violations and are clearing their collection. Although it’s a Chinese site, YYETS is also one of the main sources for Jdrama vids for D-addicts, so this is like a double whammy.
http://dramarathon.tumblr.com/

stevenG

K-Drama Torrent

Post by stevenG » Nov 24th, '14, 05:04

Where else can i download HD korean TV series?

Can someone help!!

hobbes

Post by hobbes » Nov 24th, '14, 06:30

bigmit37 wrote: Thanks for this! Actually, YYeTs still offers the Japanese Dramas as I was able to get a couple yesterday, however, the site you provided is MUCH easier to navigate!

I'm curious- besides "magnet links" what do the other words mean?
What are the other methods for downloads besides magnet links?
Thanks!
Oops, looks like I have been looking for the wrong files on YYeTs then, since I couldn't find torrents for the dramas I wanted, lol.

The other download methods on that site:

电驴: eMule, i.e. ed2k link. I used eMule back in the mid-2000s but with torrents and the rising popularity of direct downloads, I haven't found a need to install it since then.

迅雷: Xunlei, a Chinese download manager which also supports torrents. This is popular with the Chinese community but I'm picky about the programs I install so I haven't used this before.

旋风: QQ Xuanfeng, another Chinese download manager which I haven't tried before.

乐视TV: a forum at http://bbs.letv.com/forum-671-1.html but registration/reply is required to view the source so I haven't tried this either. There are other Chinese forums I'm more familiar with to get links from.

The rest of the icons are for streaming links and subtitle searches.

jazerati27

Post by jazerati27 » Nov 24th, '14, 14:17

Why don't we have two source? Nyaa and Kickass? so we can share to everyone our love for these series.

MALS_Addicted

Post by MALS_Addicted » Nov 24th, '14, 15:45

Anyway Guys, Where We Can Download oUr favorite Kdrama This Time? Which Site? I really like this d addicted.com site.all My Favorite Drama Is here But Suddenly thIs Things Happen, how Sad. Just let me kNow if U Guys Build A new Site For Us. FIGHTING more Power's. .

kitty10

Post by kitty10 » Nov 24th, '14, 17:03

rootabega wrote: UH OH, I just saw this on Dramarathon:
YYETS, the go-to Chinese site for tv shows is being investigated for copyright violations and are clearing their collection. Although it’s a Chinese site, YYETS is also one of the main sources for Jdrama vids for D-addicts, so this is like a double whammy.
http://dramarathon.tumblr.com/
Crap! :cry: This has been a traumatising few days :-(
:heart: 玉木宏、藤木直人、佐藤健... 大好き! :heart:

blog | mdl

tassyoreo

Post by tassyoreo » Nov 25th, '14, 11:39

please give me the invitation for Asiatorrents