How often should the Series of the Week / Month take place?

talk about and vote for the Series of the Week and Month

Every week
15%
Every two weeks
51%
Once a month
34%

Total votes: 41

Sorvaseven

Post by Sorvaseven » Aug 20th, '11, 10:29

Please let me know how often should the Japanese Series of the Week / Month take place?

I think every week is too short to find volunteer seeders and i also think that one week is too short for watching a drama.

manchero

series of the fortnight

Post by manchero » Aug 22nd, '11, 08:06

not as catchy, but 2 weeks does seem more manageable

Raida|23

Post by Raida|23 » Aug 24th, '11, 20:24

As OP said, sometimes one week is too short to watch a drama, especially if work/life kicks in. So I voted 2 weeks, seems more reasonable.

k361
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by k361 » Aug 25th, '11, 12:35

I think two weeks is a good choice.

You can consider to make the seeding/voting period from saturday to saturday or halfmonthly (1-15, 16-30/31).

ices56

Post by ices56 » Sep 4th, '11, 19:25

Two weeks is good, and if anybody can, kindly seed the nominated series during the time as well. :)

Sorvaseven

Post by Sorvaseven » Sep 7th, '11, 17:28

It seems every two weeks will win the vote. Nevertheless we need more volunteer seeders to run the SoTW! For the next one i have still no one :(

HAVA-RAVA

Post by HAVA-RAVA » Sep 9th, '11, 19:23

I can seed Be-Bop High School 1-2 RAWs if someone tells me how to create a torrent...

Phillykat

Post by Phillykat » Sep 10th, '11, 08:35

Sorvaseven wrote:It seems every two weeks will win the vote. Nevertheless we need more volunteer seeders to run the SoTW! For the next one i have still no one :(
The problem is people are downloading and disappearing. They're not even seeding to a 1:1 ratio. I don't know if it's selfishness or what, but just because the initial person is still seeding doesn't mean everyone who has grabbed the files should not. I doubt you or anyone else can fix it because most of us who take the time to participate in a thread or vote, seed (at least that's my hope). I've actually told a couple of people who come here less than I do that you are attempting to pump life back into JSotW. I hope that increases participation. Like me they kind of disappeared when all the series of the __ disappeared.

Drazic
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Drazic » Sep 10th, '11, 09:39

Phillykat wrote:
Sorvaseven wrote:It seems every two weeks will win the vote. Nevertheless we need more volunteer seeders to run the SoTW! For the next one i have still no one :(
The problem is people are downloading and disappearing. They're not even seeding to a 1:1 ratio. I don't know if it's selfishness or what, but just because the initial person is still seeding doesn't mean everyone who has grabbed the files should not. I doubt you or anyone else can fix it because most of us who take the time to participate in a thread or vote, seed (at least that's my hope). I've actually told a couple of people who come here less than I do that you are attempting to pump life back into JSotW. I hope that increases participation. Like me they kind of disappeared when all the series of the __ disappeared.
I don't really care myself. I don't even bother checking if the torrents I have are getting hit and run a lot because the main reason I'm doing these torrents is to get the files to people. Ideally they'd also seed but if there are some people who don't then whatever. I have a seedbox and even if nobody seeded I'd probably be able to keep these torrents alive just fine.

For Toubousha however, If I recall correctly it only had me and maybe 2/3 others seeding before it became series of the week and now it has 10 seeders so some people do stay on the torrent to seed. Probably a lot less than the total amount of people who downloaded but that's fine. You kinda need those people too, not having those people is why getting a good ratio can be pretty hard on some private trackers.