Login Issue? Delete D-addicts cookie from your browser settings and login again.

Japanese Series of the Week - 11/08/04: Aoi Tori

talk about and vote for the Series of the Week and Month

What should be the next series of the week? - denotes seeders

Food Fight - Kanin, Slackey, okumasama, danyowrong
36%
Meguri Ai/Refrain - thetenken, Slackey, danyowrong
21%
Aoi Tori/Bluebird - thetenken, danyowrong
40%
Shopping Hero - chrysanthemum
3%

Total votes: 103

thetenken
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Japanese Series of the Week - 11/08/04: Aoi Tori

Post by thetenken » Oct 25th, '04, 13:33

PLEASE READ THIS ENTIRE POST. IF YOU DO NOT, YOU MAY BE LIABLE TO MY EXPRESSIONS OF DISPLEASURE.

06/14/2004: As of this date, the Series of the Week is now officially Japanese series only.

Taking nominations for the next series of the week. Let me know what you want to add to the poll and I'll add it. From this point forward only series that have a volunteer seeder will be put up into the poll. People can nominate whatever they want, but the series won't become a poll option until there is a volunteer seeder...

PLEASE NOMINATE AND VOTE ONLY FOR THE DRAMAS OFF THE COMPLETED DRAMAS LIST:
http://www.d-addicts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3500

Last time's runner-ups:

Food Fight - http://jdorama.com/drama_487.htm
Meguri Ai/Refrain - http://jdorama.com/drama.256.htm

Others:

Aoi Tori - http://jdorama.com/drama.29.htm
Shopping Hero - http://jdorama.com/drama.707.htm

Previous Series of the Week:

Oyaji
Otousan
Attic Cat
Koi ga Shitai x3 (Where is Love?)
Strawberry on the Shortcake (S.O.S.)
Cheap Love
Big Wing
Hotman
Sutaa no Koi
From the Heart
Love Generation
A Sleeping Forest
Story of One Century
Friends
Younger Men
Merry Christmas in Summer
Shota no Sushi
Koibumi
Waterboys

What is a series of the week?
Since there are now a substantial number of torrents on this site, we have implemented a "Series of the Week," where we could dedicate most of the bandwidth to a particular series during that week. This helps in a couple of ways:

1. People will know what series are available and have seeds, rather than just waiting and hoping for them to be seeded at some later date.

2. For those seeders who have DVD burners and have already burnt their collections to DVD/CD, then with the series of the week they know which series can be pulled off of DVD to help seed, minimizing troublesome multiple DVD loading.

3. Constantly re-circulates older torrents back into view, and focuses bandwidth and demand toward those specific torrents, rather than having people request series across the board.

Remember, D-Addicts was started for the community, and being a part of the community means sharing. If you don't share, then everyone loses (refer to JEM's dropping of Cdramas), and a good thing open to all may become a private party.

I take no responsibility for deleting poll entries if there are no seeds. No complaints, as this is a community effort. If the community doesn't want to share, then you're SOL.
Last edited by thetenken on Nov 29th, '04, 14:51, edited 6 times in total.

nsk

Post by nsk » Oct 25th, '04, 22:34

Wohoo, Aoi Tori is in the poll! Thankz a lot thetenken!! :D

jholic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by jholic » Oct 25th, '04, 22:58

fyi for everybody: aoi tori is also known as "loiseau bleu".

great choice, thetenken.

NiXZe

Post by NiXZe » Oct 25th, '04, 23:54

For my own egoistic self i want to nominate
News No onna!

okumasama

Post by okumasama » Oct 26th, '04, 00:01

:crazy: why is aoi tori there :glare: and why people vote it :cry: I guess I have to wait more to get refrain :unsure:

thetenken
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by thetenken » Oct 26th, '04, 00:46

okumasama wrote::crazy: why is aoi tori there :glare: and why people vote it :cry: I guess I have to wait more to get refrain :unsure:
Told ya the choices are only going to get tougher...maybe next week I'll pick a dud series to run against Refrain, heh.

p6h14

Post by p6h14 » Oct 26th, '04, 03:21

i like NiXZe's idea... news time!! :P
doink doink...

jholic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by jholic » Oct 26th, '04, 22:45

okumasama: since you're helping seed waterboys, i put in a vote for meguri ai for ya! good luck, man!

Zclyh3

Post by Zclyh3 » Oct 26th, '04, 22:58

OH SNAP! BLUEBIRD IS UP? I remember not having the chance to watch this drama on local television! KICK ASS!

Maria

Post by Maria » Oct 27th, '04, 03:08

Uh I nominate Akimahende!!! for the next round :P

chrysanthemum

Post by chrysanthemum » Oct 27th, '04, 04:54

Sano Shiro is in Aoi Tori? I remember him from Food Fight. No comment on the series :scratch: ... but he played his role well. I'll bet he plays the husband in Aoi Tori. The antagonist...

I thought I was looking for angst, but I'm really glad Waterboys won! I watched the movie just a week or two ago. So much fun!

Zetai

Post by Zetai » Oct 28th, '04, 01:49

Meguri ai :D

Danji
Fansubber
Fansubber

Meguri Ai

Post by Danji » Oct 28th, '04, 17:49

Although I voted for Meguri Ai last time, Aoi Tori looks a better choice this round. Next round I'll probably vote for Meguri Ai again.

kinki

Post by kinki » Oct 28th, '04, 20:55

thetenken, you are making it difficult to choose!! i always voted for Meguri ai so far, now Aoi tori, another great drama i wanna watch is in the poll!! :unsure: :unsure: i dunno what to choose now? i wanna watch both :cry:

but, Thank you thetenken for adding aoi tori, i really wanted to watch this. so, if Aoi tori or meguri ai win the poll i will be equally happy!! :wub:

ajinbt

Post by ajinbt » Oct 30th, '04, 03:20

My vote is for Food Fight.......How about Ice World for a future SOTW.

okumasama

Post by okumasama » Oct 30th, '04, 04:57

:O Seems I have to wait even more for Refrain :x Anyway, put me up for seeding Food Fight. Hope everybody is satisfied with Waterboys seeding...

ap

Post by ap » Oct 30th, '04, 18:22

hmmmm, still nothing to vote for. :P

ap

thetenken
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by thetenken » Oct 31st, '04, 03:36

ap wrote:hmmmm, still nothing to vote for. :P

ap
Hehe, what are you waiting for? I figure you already have all the dramas we have on the list. =)

techie
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Nomi-nation... (Is that a whole country drunk?)

Post by techie » Oct 31st, '04, 04:02

Anyhow...

I nominate "Konna koi no hanashi" posted by Neonkinpatsu.

If someone else can re-seed 1 and 2, then I can do 3-14.

Personally I compiled 1 and 2 into one episode and I don't
have the original anymore. /* Gomen ne.

Just let me know from when to when and if it wins. :)

danyowrong

Post by danyowrong » Nov 1st, '04, 01:03

got all of these drama's and will help seed......but i vote for aoi tori since it's sooooooo good. one of my favorite drama's of all time.

lol.....i don't think food fight will ever win :P i thought it sucked anyway

oh ya....i also want to nominate ice world as sotw

techie
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by techie » Nov 1st, '04, 01:07

okumasama wrote::O Seems I have to wait even more for Refrain :x
Do you need all of them or just a few episodes? Just curious here 8)

chrysanthemum

Post by chrysanthemum » Nov 1st, '04, 19:21

Better than Food Fight, but still pretty goofy is Shopping Hero. I thought that series was delightfully fun. I was always looking forward to the next episode. If anyone is interested, I can seed it for SOTW... though I'm sure I changed the file names from when I first downloaded it from d-addicts... and also, I haven't had the time to figure out how to create a torrent and upload something new to the site. But these are easy fixes. I'm not strictly nominating it, since I already have it, but I think it's worth nominating. More so than Food Fight.

Smiley_18

Post by Smiley_18 » Nov 2nd, '04, 16:05

May I request Koukou Kyoushi 1993 for the next series of the week? Thanks.

Carn

Post by Carn » Nov 2nd, '04, 16:14

Shotgun Marriage isn't listed as finished on the list, but it seems to be finished..is it a possible candidate for SotW?

supicha

Post by supicha » Nov 2nd, '04, 16:46

My vote is for Food Fight but I wonder the next series of the week could it be story of one century?

jholic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by jholic » Nov 2nd, '04, 22:51

supicha wrote:My vote is for Food Fight but I wonder the next series of the week could it be story of one century?
story of one century was a sotw previously, so i'm not sure when it can be nominated again.

seira

Post by seira » Nov 2nd, '04, 22:54

i wanted to vote but it seem to be done already.

can i request lunch queen as next drama of week? i want to see that so bad!

thetenken
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by thetenken » Nov 2nd, '04, 22:58

Try voting now.

thetenken
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by thetenken » Nov 2nd, '04, 22:59

Carn wrote:Shotgun Marriage isn't listed as finished on the list, but it seems to be finished..is it a possible candidate for SotW?
Yes, none of the JEM series are listed here, but they are all eligible under the new system. The new system allows one JEM series every other SotW to be nominated.

okumasama

Post by okumasama » Nov 3rd, '04, 07:44

I was thinking that even if Food Fight lose it can be seeded very easily since it's on Jem's tracker and the torrents are already very active. What I mean is when I started seeding waterboys last week, after the inital seed that in fact I just helped some souls to finish from 50%-90% then the torrent would always appear to have seeders. I keep seeding some of the torrents, and change them once a day but they look very steady. So with 4 people ready to seed (3 if you think that danyowrong might seed aoi tori) I think that could be easliy a double drama of the week that would be nice to everybody since they are people that wish both and enought seeders to cover everything...
Well just think about it...

Note: that of course can only happen if both dramas are postd at the front page as drama of the week since if not there will be not enought people knowing about Food Fight's seeding therefore it would be really hard to keep these torrents seedable without some good numbers of people getting them (and become a seeders for a little after).

ShaolinMunky

Post by ShaolinMunky » Nov 3rd, '04, 08:25

nominating Where is Love? (Koi ga shitai x3) for next time :) if its a negative on that because its already been a previous winner then

News no Onna all the way :D

yuki83

Post by yuki83 » Nov 3rd, '04, 10:47

I vote for Food Fight....

Smiley_18

Post by Smiley_18 » Nov 3rd, '04, 19:50

okumasama wrote:I was thinking that even if Food Fight lose it can be seeded very easily since it's on Jem's tracker and the torrents are already very active. What I mean is when I started seeding waterboys last week, after the inital seed that in fact I just helped some souls to finish from 50%-90% then the torrent would always appear to have seeders. I keep seeding some of the torrents, and change them once a day but they look very steady. So with 4 people ready to seed (3 if you think that danyowrong might seed aoi tori) I think that could be easliy a double drama of the week that would be nice to everybody since they are people that wish both and enought seeders to cover everything...

Note: that of course can only happen if both dramas are postd at the front page as drama of the week since if not there will be not enought people knowing about Food Fight's seeding therefore it would be really hard to keep these torrents seedable without some good numbers of people getting them (and become a seeders for a little after).
Hm.. I actually think that this is a great idea, since people then can have more choices of drama to choose from. :D Some of these dramas actaully don't really need the whole two weeks to seed, since they were originally active with people downloading from them, just that they didn't have any seed.

seira

Post by seira » Nov 3rd, '04, 22:19

Smiley_18 wrote:
okumasama wrote:I was thinking that even if Food Fight lose it can be seeded very easily since it's on Jem's tracker and the torrents are already very active. What I mean is when I started seeding waterboys last week, after the inital seed that in fact I just helped some souls to finish from 50%-90% then the torrent would always appear to have seeders. I keep seeding some of the torrents, and change them once a day but they look very steady. So with 4 people ready to seed (3 if you think that danyowrong might seed aoi tori) I think that could be easliy a double drama of the week that would be nice to everybody since they are people that wish both and enought seeders to cover everything...

Hm.. I actually think that this is a great idea, since people then can have more choices of drama to choose from. :D Some of these dramas actaully don't really need the whole two weeks to seed, since they were originally active with people downloading from them, just that they didn't have any seed.
i agree. keep it as drama of the week for about one week, then it will still be seeded for couple weeks to go.

techie
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by techie » Nov 4th, '04, 09:24

ShaolinMunky wrote:nominating Where is Love? (Koi ga shitai x3) for next time :) if its a negative on that because its already been a previous winner then

News no Onna all the way :D

I would not mind seeing that one win too, but since it's already won once, I think there should be some kind of hiatus before it can be nominated again.

Just something for Thetenken and others to come to terms with a plan for I guess.

(still rooting for Konna koi no hanashi though :blink )

barbico

Post by barbico » Nov 5th, '04, 05:59

shopping hero!!!

ocelot67

Post by ocelot67 » Nov 6th, '04, 08:36

shopping hero is one of my favorites!

chiyoaiki

Post by chiyoaiki » Nov 6th, '04, 12:38

May I nominate Shomuni season 1 and 2? Since Jem has just recently completed season 3, it would be nice to have the complete Shomuni set.

timbits

Post by timbits » Nov 6th, '04, 23:24

I nominate wedding planner. http://jdorama.com/drama.661.htm
seems to be a great drama accroding to the comments.

jrudiman

Post by jrudiman » Nov 7th, '04, 13:23

again this week the match is pretty close. looking forward which will win

ShaolinMunky

Post by ShaolinMunky » Nov 7th, '04, 23:22

money on bluebird.

strider777

Post by strider777 » Nov 7th, '04, 23:23

is there any chance that people would seed food fight even if it is not the winning series?

okumasama

Post by okumasama » Nov 7th, '04, 23:50

strider777 wrote:is there any chance that people would seed food fight even if it is not the winning series?
Well I suggested that but if there are no links at the central page there will not be enought people to get it and therefore nobody will keep seeding it after.

Smiley_18

Post by Smiley_18 » Nov 8th, '04, 05:02

Looking at the poll now, it seems that Food Fight and Blue Bird are on a tight edge to victory! :lol Only a differnce of 1 between them, with Food Fight in the lead! :mrgreen:

purple^season

Post by purple^season » Nov 8th, '04, 05:19

:fear: Mukodono 2 ??? :fear:
Haha sorry.. I've watched some of the nominees and I'm not really interested with the other nominees... :P

nsk

Post by nsk » Nov 8th, '04, 05:32

Hmm...its past 12 30 am now...so is Aoi Tori officially the sotw :roll ?

techie
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by techie » Nov 8th, '04, 11:38

nsk wrote:Hmm...its past 12 30 am now...so is Aoi Tori officially the sotw :roll ?

Yippie.. now where's the torrents :)
gotta go hunt them down.
Are they the same that have been posted before or?
(why am I feeling so... so... newbie :crazy: )

thetenken
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by thetenken » Nov 8th, '04, 15:09

We are waiting to do a recount. There may have been voter fraud. We think some people messed with the e-voting in Ohio...

techie
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by techie » Nov 8th, '04, 15:29

thetenken wrote:We are waiting to do a recount. There may have been voter fraud. We think some people messed with the e-voting in Ohio...
Prepares a good 'ole noose of a sturdy piece of CAT-5 and awaits further notice :rambo:

Tekuza

Post by Tekuza » Nov 8th, '04, 21:49

Voting for Aoi Tori/Bluebird coz it looks like a great series well we will have to wait and find out who is the winner :w00t: :w00t: :w00t:

ap

Post by ap » Nov 8th, '04, 22:03

techie wrote:

Yippie.. now where's the torrents :)
gotta go hunt them down.
Are they the same that have been posted before or?
(why am I feeling so... so... newbie :crazy: )
do a search, they are still on the tracker. btw, you should have these, they were posted by lost horizon to abmj a little while back

ap

techie
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by techie » Nov 8th, '04, 22:16

XD I know I should have them... I was just not paying attention back then and now I have to scoot in on the reseed :|

However, I got the torrents and now I'm ready... seed on :w00t:

Chilly the azn

Post by Chilly the azn » Nov 27th, '04, 00:41

are there any english subtitles for aoi tori??? and what's with the english and korean file that with the actual file? please can someone explain

TakayaTakahashi

Post by TakayaTakahashi » Nov 27th, '04, 01:41

They're called softsubs which are basically external subtitles which enable you to choose which subtitle you want to view while watching the raw video file. In this case you can choose to view the raw AoiTori with either english or korean subtitles - whichever you prefer :).

Linux: xine - check under support for my tutorial on how to do this.

Windows: mplayer2.exe works better than the new windows media players, though you need to download vobsub.

Check the FAQ under help for more details.

neonkinpatsu
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by neonkinpatsu » Dec 13th, '04, 03:55

I'm locking this for now since it's kinda old. If it's needed again, just unlock again :lol