Future of Series of the Week/Month?

talk about and vote for the Series of the Week and Month
mizune
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Future of Series of the Week/Month?

Post by mizune » Mar 13th, '10, 18:50

First of all, apologies for the sudden abandonment.
No, the polls will not die. Just gimme a week or two to figure some things out and we will get rolling again.

I've always been a strong believer in these polls (and the VSS program) and I am not quite ready to let them die out yet. However, given this break(down?) in the system I'd like to figure out if anybody has some suggestions on how we would like these polls to run in the future.

In the past, nominations for series was strongly determined by availabiliy of seeders (or rather, the lack of). In light of the changes at D-addicts, it will become nearly impossible to guide all series selection in such a way. Direct nominations always works. I was also thinking of relying more heavily on the seed request forums. Any other suggestions?

It is also obvious that we need more help in organizing and these polls. If anybody wants help out with the listing, organizination, or nomination of series please let me know here. The success of these polls has always been dependent on participation from the community, and it's really no different now. Except now, I'm hoping I can get a little more participation on the backend of things as well.

In the meantime, for those of you straining to help out, I'd like to make a plug for the VSS program (which has also sort of wound down since jholic disappeared, but should be easier to revive...). For those who are unfamiliar with the program, you can read up here. Although jholic is currently MIA, I'll be more than happy to take over the responsibility in his absence to give recognition to those nameless seeders out there. :salut:

Thanks for your patience
Read the D-Addicts FAQ before asking questions.
No movies here, so please don't request. Check the Asian Movie Torrent Links.

kuro570

Post by kuro570 » Mar 13th, '10, 19:24

This may be a bad idea on my part but I know how hard it must have been for jholic to look for older dramas with nearly no seeders and compile a list. Would it be possible to run two phases of this? For example week 1 we give you a list of the complete drama series we possess, say about 1-2 dramas per person.
Then we run a poll of available seeders for dramas listed. After this compile a varied list of dramas based on genres and seeds available.

Week two run poll as we normally do where the voting members vote.

I think this would have the ability of killing 2 birds with one stone since you may have a much general idea of available seeders and not kill yourself trying to look all over the place blind for dramas giving more responsibility to seeders and creating an organized list for everyone. I know this would be take a bit of time to pull off but seems worth it (at least in theory) to me.

Btw I know its impossible to know how many seeders there may be for dramas through the torrent index but how about imposing a rule that no drama add to the tracker within say 6 months may be nominated, that way we could kill off a large amount of new popular dramas with lots of seeds and get the stuff that are dying off or died.
VSS: Warui Yatsura

huyie
Fansub Admin
Fansub Admin

Post by huyie » Mar 14th, '10, 00:19

The problem with maintaining SotW and SotM is that it is hard to get volunteer participants for a sustained period of time as people's circumstances change, become MIA, and move on with life. Someone who has volunteered in the past may not be able to do so for some unfortunate reason (i.e. moved, holidays, hard drive crash, personal, etc...).

As such, it also makes it harder to keep up a working volunteer seeders list to reflect this, and requires a moderator to update the first post of the SotW/SotM seeders page. People are also more hesitant to volunteer as such, knowing that they feel obliged to volunteer indefinitely. Consequently, they will be reluctant to ask a mod to remove their name on the list.

Also an issue for kdramas at least, is that most people don't have a clue what is currently licensed/banned, and what has been available on d-addicts in the past. I have now updated the completed kdrama list and licensed drama list to make it easier for people to work this out. (Sorry, mizune, I have been MIA on the fansub wiki as well, so doesn't help the situation either).

Perhaps moving those relevant SotW/SotM pages to the fansub wiki may be a good long term solution to drum up support? The list of volunteer's names should be started from scratch though (a quick glance and can see that quick a few are MIA). So from a short term prospect that won't help, but volunteers can add or remove their name on the list as they choose, which over time may be help SotW/SotM succeed?

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Mar 14th, '10, 00:53

Starting a new list of volunteers from scratch seems like a good idea. At least the one who is willing to commit can name dramas one is willing to share like this. I think the problem is with the fad over VVS. Some people just go crazy over "Whoa, I'm gonna VVS", but then reality cames and they realize they cannot do this for different reasons.
This is my proposition. I think not so immoral, huh?^^
Popularity? Since I know what it means to be forgotten, I won''t be shaken by it. KNG

saigo_x

Post by saigo_x » Mar 15th, '10, 14:23

The biggest problem with the SOTW/SOTM has been seeding. I can remember a few times where I was the lone seeder and even times when I had to find and download some of the episodes to seed them myself. I'm not sure there is a solution for that. Now with the tracker stats gone it will also be harder to select candidate series as well. When I did the KSOTM polls I started with a nomination thread and picked 4-5 series from there. But even that seemed to draw less participation at the end. :unsure:

mizune
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Post by mizune » Mar 16th, '10, 02:21

I agree that the list of volunteer seeders is probably out of date. I had been thinking about either checking up on each volunteer or cleaning the slate before I went AWOL late last year. However, with our inability to nominate series by the number of seeds, it makes maintenance of such a list less beneficial. Honestly, I maintained the list purely to smiplify selection of series by giving me a single place to check both seeder availability and volunteers. I still think it's a useful tool if you're looking for complete series and where the subs are hidden, but yeah it takes a ton of work.

I have to admit that I'm leaning towards kuro570's idea of making it more of a community driven operation, where individual seeders (or groups of seeders) offer up what they have available. I also like the suggestion to limit the polls to slightly older series (I would actually open up the timespan to 1 yr though). However, I am also wary that there won't be enough volunteers to come forward for each poll. That's the situation that made us start lists for volunteers to begin with. I am willing to give it a try though...

I never have to worry much about getting volunteer seeders for Jdramas, but from what I've seen Cdramas, and to some extent Kdramas, look like they need more support. The burden has always been on one or two ppl, and that isn't entirely fair. :/

k361
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by k361 » Mar 16th, '10, 02:30

I can help seeding, if i have the drama :)

Do i understand correctly: First you want to make a big list of drama and seeder, second make a selection for voting?

huyie
Fansub Admin
Fansub Admin

Post by huyie » Mar 16th, '10, 10:29

Well given that d-addicts no longer has its own bt tracker, it could be useful to reinstate it solely for the purpose of those slated for SotW/SotM only, just so that we have a rough idea on the stats during the SotW/SotM period, and torrents removed/redirect to the publicly available ones afterwards as a new SotW/SotM arrives and old one dies out.
The problem remains on seeder availability. I know Ruroshin isn't a fan of a private tracker, but if say if you were to participate in SotW/SotM, then you would have to nominate one series which you could seed, before gaining access. The problem with this is that those nominated by the seeder will be heavily skewed towards the more popular and widely distributed dramas, leaving the 'rarer' dramas to still remain highly unseeded. This would also not help those new members, as they would be totally excluded. The positive however would be that it would be easier to nominate dramas for polls, as it would be a reflection of those dramas in greater circulation, hence easier to find seeders.
KSotM is not what I'm too worried about, as I have collected kdramas from pre-2007 (mainly from clubbox, hence why I tried to maintain a working d/l list during my clubbox waves/asian waves days), so I can always help to seed these, and bring these back into circulation as the case may be (only problem is I have to get my entire DVD collection off a friend, which is an entirely different issue).
As mizure pointed out, Jdramas are generally well seeded, and getting volunteering seeders shouldn't be a problem.
The main problem was always getting enough seeders for CDrama/HKDrama/TWDrama SotM which was always a struggle at times and still is. This stems from the fact that these torrents would usually reside/linked to other external trackers, hence didn't bring attention compared to those that were available here.

saigo_x

Post by saigo_x » Mar 16th, '10, 15:43

mizune wrote:I have to admit that I'm leaning towards kuro570's idea of making it more of a community driven operation, where individual seeders (or groups of seeders) offer up what they have available. I also like the suggestion to limit the polls to slightly older series (I would actually open up the timespan to 1 yr though). However, I am also wary that there won't be enough volunteers to come forward for each poll. That's the situation that made us start lists for volunteers to begin with. I am willing to give it a try though...
I've hesistated to help with the KSOTM again because I can't fully commit to seeding much less the responsibility of running the polls. Unfortunately my participation on D-Addicts will be erratic for the foreseeable future. I posted my list of KDramas in previous threads and am willing to help with those. I'll keep an eye out to see what happens and how I can help. :salut:

huyie
Fansub Admin
Fansub Admin

Post by huyie » Mar 16th, '10, 22:36

Expanding on kuro570's idea, and given that seeder's situations do come and go, what if say every month, get people to offer a list of what they can seed. Clearly this requires community involvement to get off the ground.

To do this, we create a list of completed dramas in something like google spreadsheet where anyone can edit. Those that can offer to help for the following month can add what they are willing to seed in the adjacent columns. Each new user can create a tally for what they have further to the right, marking it with an X and add their name at the top of the column so we know who's offering. Each new user starts a new column and repeats.

We let people do this for the first two weeks of a month, so that we can sort it out to arrange dramas from the most seeded, to that that have less seeds, and remove those without seeds.

After the two weeks are up, we nominate dramas for polls based on this criteria:
For example, there are 20 dramas available for that month. We sort them from the top 25% (so the 5 most seeded dramas), a middle band in the 50% region (so the 10 dramas in the middle, with a moderate amount of seeders), and lastly those from the bottom 25% (so the 5 dramas with the least amount of seeders, but those seeders we know will be active for that month only).

We can then select 1 drama in the top 25%, 3 dramas in the middle section, and 1 drama in the bottom 25% for a poll. This could either be theme/genre based, how old the torrent was originally released, how old the drama was or completely randomized. What this does is not heavily skew dramas and reduce the burden for seeders in the bottom range, but still giving voters the option of nominating those in the bottom section if they so wish.

We then let people vote for the last 2 weeks, so that we get our SotM nomination. We keep repeating this process for each month.
What this also does is allow a user to take over poll nomination where a mod does become overly busy, since a user will know that the list is active for that month only.

Phillykat

Post by Phillykat » Mar 21st, '10, 07:49

Mizune, I've commented before that I'd be willing to help you. The problem is I probably won't have the dramas. If you need help in organization and checking polls, that's not a problem. Otherwise, someone would have to let me DL the series so I could seed it.

I'm not entirely sure what changes have been made cuz I haven't been around d-addicts, but I think suggestions from those of us that actually participate. Also, it might be beneficial to redo some shows that have already been up if a good number of people request one.

mizune
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Post by mizune » Mar 23rd, '10, 02:13

Everybody, thanks for all the feedback so far.
huyie wrote:Well given that d-addicts no longer has its own bt tracker, it could be useful to reinstate it solely for the purpose of those slated for SotW/SotM only, just so that we have a rough idea on the stats during the SotW/SotM period, and torrents removed/redirect to the publicly available ones afterwards as a new SotW/SotM arrives and old one dies out.
I understand what you are saying, but I see no practical way of determining the actual seed status because of the distributed nature of the torrents. I haven't looked into it yet, but as far as I know, outside of connecting to the actual swarm, there is no good way to know how well seeded a torrent is.

That is why the polls need to be more of a community effort than ever before. Ppl who volunteer need to be good to their word on following up with seeding. On the other hand, this might actually be easier for volunteer seeders remember to seed a series that has won the poll because they nominate the series themselves to begin with. :whistling:

The google spreadsheet idea just seems too complicated to me... I feel it might discourage ppl from volunteering if there is a process involved. I'm leaning more towards having individuals (or groups) offering up what they have, or possibly nominating a series with the hope that somebody will volunteer for a nominated series.

Also, there are several users out there who are willing to seed, but don't want to broadcast it for fear that they will be accosted with seed requests and such in the future. For those ppl, I'd suggest PMing me directly if they have a series (or group series) they would like to nominate to seed. That way, I can make others aware of the nominee without having to compromise the user's anonymity.

Regarding any series that wins the poll....
I'd like to request making new batch torrents (if one doesn't already exist) for series that win the poll. We've made the suggestion before, but it was never really enforced. Now, it seems to make more sense than ever to use batch torrents (since we will have enough problems keeping track of seeding for a series that has won without having to keep track of 10-20 individual torrents).
Phillykat wrote:Mizune, I've commented before that I'd be willing to help you. The problem is I probably won't have the dramas. If you need help in organization and checking polls, that's not a problem. Otherwise, someone would have to let me DL the series so I could seed it.
I see your offer (and I'll actually remember it this time :fear:)...
Once we get a handle on how this new system will work, I'll know what task I can use your help on. :twisted:

So are there any other suggestions I'm missing out on?
If there are, let 'em out asap.
I'll publish a proposed method by the end of this week for ppl to review so we can get the ball moving again...

huyie
Fansub Admin
Fansub Admin

Post by huyie » Mar 23rd, '10, 08:32

mizune wrote:Everybody, thanks for all the feedback so far.

I understand what you are saying, but I see no practical way of determining the actual seed status because of the distributed nature of the torrents. I haven't looked into it yet, but as far as I know, outside of connecting to the actual swarm, there is no good way to know how well seeded a torrent is.
I was thinking of more of the lines of creating new torrents (in particular batch torrents) just for SotM during SotM (say Jem's tracker, for monitoring as an example for peers connected to it). People would always download the new torrents anyway, and can create a direct torrent link as per usual for SotM next to the images in the middle (not necessarily those that are indexed). You could always add the public trackers such as openbittorrent and publicbittorrent as per current arrangements. You could always then add a later torrent after SotM finishes, and remove the SotM one with the monitoring tracker. This won't affect existing users, as the hash would still be the same, and users can still connect through peers through the public trackers to finish off their download.

An example of what the google spreadsheet concept I have here: https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key ... 4cVE&hl=en
(Sorry for the blank rows, was directly copying from the completed drama list).
All the volunteer needs to do is add a 1 next to what they can seed, so that a tally can be created afterwards. Anonymity still remains, since the spreadsheet can be set to allow anyone to edit (not necessarily requiring a login). If a volunteer was to post on the forum what they could seed for a particular month. anyone else could edit the spreadsheet to reflect this anyway.

Phillykat

Post by Phillykat » Mar 24th, '10, 02:44

mizune wrote:Everybody, thanks for all the feedback so far.

Phillykat wrote:Mizune, I've commented before that I'd be willing to help you. The problem is I probably won't have the dramas. If you need help in organization and checking polls, that's not a problem. Otherwise, someone would have to let me DL the series so I could seed it.
I see your offer (and I'll actually remember it this time :fear:)...
Once we get a handle on how this new system will work, I'll know what task I can use your help on. :twisted:
Let me state for the record.. the little devil at the end scares me. :cry:

Psionic

Post by Psionic » Mar 24th, '10, 18:08

Why did we change the format anyway?

the old system was awesome as it was

kuro570

Post by kuro570 » Mar 24th, '10, 18:38

Psionic wrote:Why did we change the format anyway?

the old system was awesome as it was
This is why

http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_82615.htm

Or if your question was about the "old system" of SOTW its because it used to be done with one rule in mind and that was lack of seeds, since its impossible to see how many seeders there are in torrents the "old system" doesn't work any more.

rabbit0900

Post by rabbit0900 » Apr 3rd, '10, 19:11

I've always been a supporter of the series of the week/month.

I've got a large collection of kdrama's stored. The problem I'm having is, there are many different versions of one serie. In the past I not only downloaded them from d-addict but also directly from clubbox and now primarly from aja.

It's a lot of work to check all my drama's against the versions on d-addict. I saw my name for 2 of the nomated series for march. I don't know at the moment of the version I have on disk is the same as the one being offered on d-addict, because it's been a few year that I've downloaded them.

This is something that is holding me back in offering to help seed a serie.

Sorvaseven

Post by Sorvaseven » Apr 8th, '10, 16:38

any news what will happen about the new plan? SOTW is still down :cry:

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Apr 8th, '10, 18:06

rabbit0900 wrote:I've always been a supporter of the series of the week/month.

I've got a large collection of kdrama's stored. The problem I'm having is, there are many different versions of one serie. In the past I not only downloaded them from d-addict but also directly from clubbox and now primarly from aja.

It's a lot of work to check all my drama's against the versions on d-addict. I saw my name for 2 of the nomated series for march. I don't know at the moment of the version I have on disk is the same as the one being offered on d-addict, because it's been a few year that I've downloaded them.

This is something that is holding me back in offering to help seed a serie.
I think the problem with version is not so relevant, the seeder should decide what version is willing to seed, in my opinion. It maybe that not present here, but... And maybe seeding the series as batches would be good?
Popularity? Since I know what it means to be forgotten, I won''t be shaken by it. KNG

Sorvaseven

Post by Sorvaseven » Apr 17th, '10, 15:52

mizune wrote: I'll publish a proposed method by the end of this week for ppl to review so we can get the ball moving again...
... by the end of this week? Now two weeks have elapsed after the deadline :-(

debuf

Post by debuf » Apr 29th, '10, 06:30

Comments, questions and other thoughts from a tech-ignorant guy:

1. I support having new batch torrents for each SotM selection. Seeding long series like Yi San and Happiness is otherwise too time-consuming - unless you have access to mega-upload bandwidth. With all the "hit and run" leechers, it has become near impossible for me.

Suggestion: As I mentioned a while back in the "Suggestions" thread, the new batches should be limited in size to something like 4.1 GB with piece size no greater than 1MB. This would allow people to store a complete batch on a single-sided DVD. Make it easy for people and over time there may be more people willing to participate in seeding torrents.

I have had slight problems with reconstructing batch torrents that span multiple DVDs. On more than few occasions, I've ended up with something just shy of the entire batch (e.g. 99.98% verifiable).

The 1MB piece size limit allows leechers to begin sharing pieces more quickly - and saves a lot of time when there is corrupted data floating around. 512kB would be even better.

2. Is including the subtitle files in the batch generally OK with the fan-sub groups?

3. Is it possible to have a private torrent - (passworded or something) - to spread the batches amongst a select group of people who are willing to assist with the seeding of the SotM selection? Or perhaps a Megaupload limited distribution? I'd bet there are a fair number of people who would be willing to "donate" a portion of their upload bandwidth for a period certain if they could easily get possession of the batch.

In my case - if my math is correct - I could do 2.5+ GB/day with 1/2 of my available bandwidth (33kB/s = 1/2 of 66 kB/s). I don't know that I'd want to commit to doing it ALL the time, but I'd be OK with doing it a few months a year, for example.

[EDIT: Having thought about it a bit more, I guess a pre-download of a batch isn't really necessary. People who want to help seed can just sit in the torrent until they have a few pieces to seed, then limit download and upload bandwidth as they see fit.]

4. I've never done it, so if I'm to participate I have to ask: Can someone point me to a thread or other resource that would give me an idea of what is involved in creating and submitting new batches from existing files? If it's easy enough, I think I'd be willing do it on some of the series I already have - maybe even if they're not designated SotM.

5. Is d-addict keeping current with removing licensed torrents? If the organization is, then I think people would be more likely to participate. For me, that has been one of the primary features of this site. It would worry me BIG TIME if d-addict has stopped removing licensed torrents because it no longer "hosts" the torrents via the now-defunct d-addict tracker.

The good thing about SotM offerings is that - in my experience - there are usually a lot more leechers who are willing to stick around and help seed than you would normally come across in most d-addict swarms. I've recently given up seeding several series because of the prevalence of "hit-and-run" leechers. I think it would be nice if the KSotM became KSotW, actually.

oldguy59

Post by oldguy59 » Jun 6th, '10, 03:33

There's no proposed method yet so I'll add another suggestion. I think SOTW/M, VSS and seed/upload request forum can be combined into a single system to help circulate older dramas. The community updated google spreadsheet idea suggested by huyle could have a column summing the seed requests for each drama. This column would replace the seed/upload forum and the voting for SOTW/M. Another column could sum offers to seed from the community. This would replace the list of volunteer seeders and the nomination for SOTW/M. A third column would contain the dates that the drama would be seeded and would be filled in by any volunteer seeder whenever he wishes to seed. There would be no SOTW/M and the timing would be up to the volunteer as it is for VSS. I'd suggest the current SOTW/M spots on the torrent page be used to advertise the 3 most recent dramas to be seeded with a reminder in the unused slots that seeders are needed if there aren't 3 dramas being seeded. This would alert additional seeders and leechers to join in when a drama gets reactivated. The VSS scroll can be used to scroll all dramas being seeded when there are more than 3. The offer to seed column isn't necessary but it would give seeders an idea whether they'd have help seeding or if they'd have to go it alone. The requests would have to be purged regularly and the offers to seed would also have to cleared occasionally but hopefully a lot of the work would be shifted to the community.

sairyss

Post by sairyss » Jun 10th, '10, 19:41

I would love to see : 마이걸 / Ma-i-geol (My Girl) as part of the poll... I couldn't stop laughing through it and by the end I was so involved with the characters that at times I found myself shooting rubber bands at the tv screen when the plot twisted where I really didn't want it to to go or a character pissed me off lol.

Right now I'm on a medical leave of abscence from work and have some free time on my hands. I don't know how long it will last since we're still waiting for diagnosis but I'd love to help any way that I can. Feel free to pm me to let me know what I can do.

saigo_x

Post by saigo_x » Jun 11th, '10, 17:34

sairyss wrote:I would love to see : 마이걸 / Ma-i-geol (My Girl) as part of the poll...
My Girl is licensed and so could not be nominated for the KSOTM..if it were still running hehe.

saigo_x

Post by saigo_x » Jul 6th, '10, 18:00

oldguy59 wrote:There's no proposed method yet so I'll add another suggestion. I think SOTW/M, VSS and seed/upload request forum can be combined into a single system to help circulate older dramas. The community updated google spreadsheet idea suggested by huyle could have a column summing the seed requests for each drama.
<snip>
</snip>
The requests would have to be purged regularly and the offers to seed would also have to cleared occasionally but hopefully a lot of the work would be shifted to the community.
It sounds like a good idea but someone would have to do the initial work to get the list up and running. I tried my hand once at updating the list of eligible KDramas and it was incredibly time-consuming and a real pain. I've never used Google Docs either. I'm still willing to seed if/when something gets going.

mizune
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Post by mizune » Jul 17th, '10, 06:47

Sorvaseven wrote:
mizune wrote: I'll publish a proposed method by the end of this week for ppl to review so we can get the ball moving again...
... by the end of this week? Now two weeks have elapsed after the deadline :-(
Apologies to all, but due to sudden circumstances, I don't think I will be able to help out anymore. :(

However, this doesn't mean that the polls have to remain dead!!!

I see you guys have continued to discuss in my absence, so if you can come to an agreement on how you want the system to run and who can/will do it, you should be able to contact any mod or admin to help implement it--as long as there is not any major programming that needs to be integrated into to forum (And if they need help implementing whatever is decided on, I am willing to come out of my impending retirement to help get things working again. The mods/admins should know how to contact me.). For the most part, this forum has always been run based on ideas from the users, so this isn't really a change at all. The biggest need is for some volunteers to do the up-front work. After that, it should hopefully run itself.

In any case, good luck to you all! :salut:

Sorvaseven

Post by Sorvaseven » Jul 17th, '10, 14:19

sad to hear about it. maybe an experienced d-addicts member or a moderator can reanimate the "JSoTW". :-(

Phillykat

Post by Phillykat » Jul 21st, '10, 17:11

mizune wrote:
Apologies to all, but due to sudden circumstances, I don't think I will be able to help out anymore. :(

However, this doesn't mean that the polls have to remain dead!!!

I see you guys have continued to discuss in my absence, so if you can come to an agreement on how you want the system to run and who can/will do it, you should be able to contact any mod or admin to help implement it--as long as there is not any major programming that needs to be integrated into to forum (And if they need help implementing whatever is decided on, I am willing to come out of my impending retirement to help get things working again. The mods/admins should know how to contact me.). For the most part, this forum has always been run based on ideas from the users, so this isn't really a change at all. The biggest need is for some volunteers to do the up-front work. After that, it should hopefully run itself.

In any case, good luck to you all! :salut:
Sorry to hear. Best of luck to you

Turbinator

Post by Turbinator » Jul 28th, '10, 03:47

Hi folks, any idea how we are going to carry on the tradition of the Series of the Month?

Turby

peacht
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by peacht » Jul 28th, '10, 05:43

Although I'm not in a position to run SotM I am happy to liaise and help out with anybody who feels up to getting involved. It would be great to get this up and running again.
If you have enjoyed series you found here then please help the community by offering to seed in Series Of The Month

heat6jones

Post by heat6jones » Dec 8th, '10, 18:55

This forum section may as well be closed. Not to be rude or complain, but I've been checking for an update on series of the week over a year now it seems and there's been no update.

It was a great feature and probably accounted for more than half the dramas I watched but it is clearly a thing of the past and closing this would give those waiting for an update a sense of closure.

kuro570

Post by kuro570 » Dec 8th, '10, 19:42

Keeping this forum open gives some ppl the sense of hope xD

Kuraharashizue

Post by Kuraharashizue » Dec 28th, '10, 18:39

Anyone else running a similar service? It's been literally months since I've gotten anything here and I'm going into withdrawal for my Japanese dorama fix.

Setsuna203

Post by Setsuna203 » May 2nd, '11, 14:21

Or at least start to realease new Series of the Months would be cool...

Sorvaseven

Post by Sorvaseven » Aug 16th, '11, 19:52

Kuraharashizue wrote:Anyone else running a similar service? It's been literally months since I've gotten anything here and I'm going into withdrawal for my Japanese dorama fix.
Setsuna203 wrote:Or at least start to realease new Series of the Months would be cool...
done.

ginnikitty

Post by ginnikitty » Jul 11th, '13, 15:26

I don't know if this has actually been suggested, but in this other community I'm a part of they judge you based on your ratio of uploads to downloads, so if you upload enough you eventually get evicted...have any of the mods thought of adopting a similar policy? And that way there would pretty much always be seeders...

And in the cases where there are none, the system remembers who's completed the torrent in the past and sends a private message whenever someone requests a reseed.

I know it's complicated but I thought I'd just put it out there...

saigo_x

Post by saigo_x » Jul 11th, '13, 15:36

ginnikitty wrote:I don't know if this has actually been suggested, but in this other community I'm a part of they judge you based on your ratio of uploads to downloads, so if you upload enough you eventually get evicted...have any of the mods thought of adopting a similar policy? And that way there would pretty much always be seeders...
D-Addicts no longer uses it's own tracker so this is not even possible. Besides, Ruroshin has always made it clear that D-A will always be an open tracker/community without ratios etc.

ginnikitty

Post by ginnikitty » Jul 11th, '13, 15:47

Oh that's cool then, thanks for letting me know :)