Rules of Love - rabbit0900, sabriyahm, Tasuki
34%

Total votes: 159

mizune
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Korean Series of the Month - Poll Ended 1/03/2010

Post by mizune » Dec 7th, '09, 06:23

Wow, all the previous nominees are now being seeded, so I had to drum up a new list of nominees....
As always, I plead ignorance about most kdramas, so please let me know how if the selections aren't varied enough or if you would like to nominate a series. :fear:

DON'T FORGET TO CHECK OUT THE Korean SOTM: Volunteer Seeders Wanted! Thread AND VOLUNTEER!

Many thanks go out to those seeding the last KSOTM winner ( Hong Gil Dong ). Thank you for your support! :salut:

VOTE for the next KSOTM above
(This poll will run for ~3 weeks. Enjoy!)
This coming month's nominees are:
Eighteen vs Twenty-Nine- torrents
How to Meet a Perfect Neighbor - torrents
La Dolce Vita / Bittersweet Life - torrents
Rules of Love - torrents

Rules for nominating KSOTMs:
* Please nominate dramas found in the Korean SOTM: Volunteer Seeders Wanted! Thread
* Nominate only Korean dramas with English subtitles
* Korean dramas licensed by YA Entertainment are not eligible for nomination (technically, they're not allowed on this site period :fear:)
* Only nominate a series if 1 or more episodes have zero seeds

======================================================================

What is the Korean Series of the Month (SSOTM)? More Info Here
Due to the substantial number of torrents on this site, we implemented a "Series of the Week/Month," where we could dedicate bandwidth and seeding efforts to a specific series. This helps in several ways:
1. People will know which series was voted and will be seeded, rather than just waiting and hoping for them to be seeded at some later date.
2. For those seeders who have DVD burners and have already burnt their collections to DVD/CD, the series of the week gives them an opportunity to dust off those archives and help seed their favorites.
3. Constantly re-circulates older torrents back into view, and focuses bandwidth and demand toward specific torrents, rather than having people request series across the board.
Remember, D-Addicts was started for the community, and being a part of the community means sharing. If you don't share, then everyone loses (refer to JEM's dropping of cdramas). Bittorrent and DA works much better if you share as others have shared with you.

======================================================================

If you are willing to seed any of the series in the poll, please post a reply here or in the Korean SOTM: Volunteer Seeders Wanted! There are still several series which do not have volunteer seeders, so any help would be greatly appreciated! The more seeders we have, the more variety we will have in future KSOTM polls!

Reminder: You must have at least 10 posts to vote. Don't start spamming the forum, but this encourages you to get involved in some of those drama discussions!
Last edited by mizune on Mar 13th, '10, 18:21, edited 1 time in total.
Read the D-Addicts FAQ before asking questions.
No movies here, so please don't request. Check the Asian Movie Torrent Links.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Dec 8th, '09, 00:22

Maybe the next poll would include Hwang Jin Yi? It doesn't have any seeds for most of its episodes.
Popularity? Since I know what it means to be forgotten, I won''t be shaken by it. KNG

cantabileblue

Post by cantabileblue » Dec 8th, '09, 19:38

Ethlenn wrote:Maybe the next poll would include Hwang Jin Yi? It doesn't have any seeds for most of its episodes.
I really agree with you, that is one of the dramas I wish to watch, but its imposible to download, hope people of the series of the month consider that one.
I really enjoy the selection for this series. :cheers:
Thank you guys! :D

RieRie

Post by RieRie » Dec 9th, '09, 14:46

voted for Rules of Love ^^

mizune
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Post by mizune » Dec 11th, '09, 03:17

cantabileblue wrote:
Ethlenn wrote:Maybe the next poll would include Hwang Jin Yi? It doesn't have any seeds for most of its episodes.
I really agree with you, that is one of the dramas I wish to watch, but its imposible to download, hope people of the series of the month consider that one.
As much as I'd like to include it in the next poll, Hwang Jin Yi doesn't have a volunteer seeder signed up for it on the list of eligible series (see this post). Without a potential seeder, we run the risk of having a series win.... but nobody seeding :(. The variety of the polls is directly dependent on ppl willing to commit to sharing. Although series nominated for the polls usually have a "halo effect", with anonymous seeders coming out of the blue to help seed nominated series, before we implemented the volunteer list, we also had the misfortune of having winning series remain seederless. The list helps ensure that there will be a seeder availabel if the series wins. This is also why I am always trying to get ppl to volunteer as a seed for these polls.

So if you can help out, please sign up! :thumleft:

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Dec 11th, '09, 23:36

I can manage to get my hands on Hwang Jin Yi till the next poll, so include it, please, I will seed. Have no idea where should I put this statement, sorry for inconvenience:) :mrgreen:
Popularity? Since I know what it means to be forgotten, I won''t be shaken by it. KNG

cantabileblue

Post by cantabileblue » Dec 20th, '09, 23:06

Ethlenn wrote:I can manage to get my hands on Hwang Jin Yi till the next poll, so include it, please, I will seed. Have no idea where should I put this statement, sorry for inconvenience:) :mrgreen:
Thanks a lot! :cheers:
I hope you can seed this one, in the moment I download, of course Ill help to seed too.
As Mizune point, you need to volunteer for seeding and register in the forum Korean SOTM: Volunteer Seeders Wanted!, in that way it may be able to be selected for next poll
With some luck, perhaps Hwang Jin Yi can win next poll (if is nominated)

nitrosmob

Post by nitrosmob » Dec 21st, '09, 21:11

Rules of Love gets my vote this time. Sounds like an interesting story.

Phillykat

Post by Phillykat » Dec 26th, '09, 07:11

I voted La Dolce Vita. It may be because I'm sleepy but 1 or 2 of the synopses were confusing.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Dec 29th, '09, 17:35

I did, if anyone wants this drama, please make it known, I have all :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
I will seed for you all :mrgreen:

Bzfreak

Post by Bzfreak » Jan 13th, '10, 03:30

hrm... they all sound interesting, but my vote goes to how to meet a perfect neighbor! =) Thanks for seeding everyone~

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jan 13th, '10, 11:16

Yeah, I voted for this also, but it won't happen. BTW, what's wrong with KSOTM?

majata

Post by majata » Jan 26th, '10, 02:04

for those who haven't cast their votes yet, i highly recommend Rules of Love. It's a very nice drama.

Savitri

Post by Savitri » Jan 31st, '10, 19:32

I would like to nominate Marrying a Millionaire

Aihren

Post by Aihren » Jan 31st, '10, 19:40

I would love to see In-soon is Pretty on the next poll

Aeshma

Post by Aeshma » Jan 31st, '10, 20:03

I nominate Loveholic

Kajol89

Post by Kajol89 » Jan 31st, '10, 20:09

I nominate Marrying a millionaire too ^-^

Lovey06

Post by Lovey06 » Feb 1st, '10, 10:13

voted for How to Meet A Perfect Neighbor this Drama is fantastic :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

adigoni

Post by adigoni » Feb 25th, '10, 12:52

Why is it dead this thread?????Please someone reopen it......

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Feb 25th, '10, 16:55

Perhaps we have to wait.

Fantastical

Post by Fantastical » Mar 3rd, '10, 17:08

Ethlenn wrote:Perhaps we have to wait.
(Hands over remote)
I can think of some ways to pass the time y'all

:tv:

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Mar 10th, '10, 12:18

Like what?

So, is the idea of SOTM abandoned?
Just curious^^

Fantastical

Post by Fantastical » Mar 10th, '10, 12:42

Ethlenn wrote:Like what?

So, is the idea of SOTM abandoned?
Just curious^^
I saw straighten out some of the older dead torrents.

You know..those really old ones that no one seeds and delete them.
ANything that is complete put in a single torrent pack be it drama or tv show.

Yannow...some sort of a spring cleaning

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Mar 10th, '10, 12:48

Yeah, I'm into it!

Fantastical

Post by Fantastical » Mar 10th, '10, 13:49

Ethlenn wrote:Yeah, I'm into it!
I bet you do.

So now hopefully people understand why I am trying to grab as many old torrents as I can and repack them into one single torrent.
Cuz if they are just collecting dust never to be seeded again the why have empty torrents t tease people.

saigo_x

Post by saigo_x » Mar 11th, '10, 02:56

Fantastical wrote:I saw straighten out some of the older dead torrents.

I can help with older KDramas. I posted a list last June of the ones I can seed: http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopi ... tm#1197857. I've downloaded more since then but I haven't updated my list in a while.

Fantastical

Post by Fantastical » Mar 11th, '10, 04:01

saigo_x wrote:
Fantastical wrote:I saw straighten out some of the older dead torrents.

I can help with older KDramas. I posted a list last June of the ones I can seed: http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopi ... tm#1197857. I've downloaded more since then but I haven't updated my list in a while.
You sir are the shiznit. :cheers:

Do u think you can pack them up into a single torrent and throw them out there?

Not saying now but I think it would be a lot better if the series that are finished are pu tinto one torrent.
or at least a bath of torrent via 10 eps per torrent or soemthing liek that determined by the size of the complete torent. WHat do y'all think?

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Mar 11th, '10, 21:41

That would do.
But even now, licensed dramas are out of the question. Sad, but true. I have few but they are licensed so I'm not gonna even list them in any case.

Fantastical

Post by Fantastical » Mar 12th, '10, 01:16

Do u know if the list of licensed dramas are up to date, Boss mama?

saigo_x

Post by saigo_x » Mar 12th, '10, 05:34

Fantastical wrote:Do u think you can pack them up into a single torrent and throw them out there?

Not saying now but I think it would be a lot better if the series that are finished are pu tinto one torrent.
or at least a bath of torrent via 10 eps per torrent or soemthing liek that determined by the size of the complete torent. WHat do y'all think?
Well I don't have the time or bandwidth to do them all obviously hehe. I'm usually filling random seed requests but I guess I could do a batch every once in a while upon request. Anything that I have and is still available in the torrent list.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Mar 15th, '10, 06:42

Yeah, there is always a bandwith problem. Plus people usually grab it and close when they done. Really no one is keeping a batch on their pc (I mean 11 GB at least).

Fantastical: list of licensed is found here, they try to update it once in a while:
Click here

Fantastical

Post by Fantastical » Mar 15th, '10, 08:04

Ethlenn wrote:Yeah, there is always a bandwith problem. Plus people usually grab it and close when they done. Really no one is keeping a batch on their pc (I mean 11 GB at least).

Fantastical: list of licensed is found here, they try to update it once in a while:
Click here
aight..I got two series in mind to upload, as soon as I figure out how to make a torrent and upload it and all that jazz.
it's either gonna be

Hometown Legend

in keeping up with the Gumiho theme
a series of 8 one-act dramas. It is the continuation of a classic series of ghost stories which aired first on KBS between 1977 and 1989 and later between 1996 and 1999. This marks the return of the series after nine years.

You know you got first say, E U put up Gumiho. It's the least I can do
http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Hometown_Legends
or
Soul
http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Soul

Ha Na and Doo Na were twin sisters who were very close to each other until Doo Na died a terrible death. One day, the usually bright and energetic Ha Na finds herself changing. She has superhuman strength and can do things that nobody can. Ha Na realizes that Doo Na's spirit has inhabited her body. Shin Ryu, a criminal psychoanalyst, uses Ha Na's powers to kill people that cannot be punished by the law.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Mar 15th, '10, 11:37

Making torrents is easy.
If you can, put both series, one after another. I would say Hometown Legends would be my first choice, but it's up to you.
I have few batches to offer (both J- and K-dramas<godss>). But I guess it's a off-topic now...

adigoni

Post by adigoni » Mar 21st, '10, 15:23

could someone make a new poll as this one seems to be dead????
Last scandal or fantasy Couple could be both in the list

mizune
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Post by mizune » Mar 23rd, '10, 02:14

Please look here for why the polls are not currently running and what we will be doing in the future:
http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_83374.htm

If you've got suggestions, post them there.

Thanks

JohnnyNismo

Post by JohnnyNismo » Apr 17th, '10, 16:17

Lets get more votes for How to Meet a Perfect Neighbor! I want to see this series seeded ASAP.

sairyss

Post by sairyss » Jun 10th, '10, 19:38

I would love to see : 마이걸 / Ma-i-geol (My Girl) as part of the poll... I couldn't stop laughing through it and by the end I was so involved with the characters that at times I found myself shooting rubber bands at the tv screen when the plot twisted where I really didn't want it to to go or a character pissed me off lol.

Do_ra_E_mon

Post by Do_ra_E_mon » Jun 15th, '10, 05:29

:lol :lol :wub: :wub: