Login Issue? Delete D-addicts cookie from your browser settings and login again.

July 2009 Unofficial Korean Series Of the Month

talk about and vote for the Series of the Week and Month

What should be the July 2009 KSOTM?

Poll ended at Jun 17th, '09, 04:12

Hwang Jin Yi
36%
I Am Sam
43%
Summer Scent
21%

Total votes: 70

saigo_x

July 2009 Unofficial Korean Series Of the Month

Post by saigo_x » Jun 16th, '09, 04:12

Welcome to the July 2009 Unofficial Korean Series Of The Month
The poll will end on June 30th.

For more information see the following threads: How SOTW/SOTM Works, About Voting for Series of the Week and Month, and Volunteer Seeding for KSOTM (outdated).

All candidates are available on the tracker and have complete English subtitles.
Please follow the "DramaWiki" links for information about each series.

The candidates are:

I Am Sam (700MB) .::. 16 episodes .::. DramaWiki
Seeders:

Hwang Jin Yi (700MB WITHS2) .::. 24 episodes .::. DramaWiki
Seeders: saigo_x

Queen of the Game (700MB HDTVRip, SUN/WITH S2) .::. 20 episodes .::. DramaWiki
Seeders: lucypcng, rabbit0900, sabriyahm

Summer Scent .::. 20 episodes .::. Summer Scent
Seeders: rabbit0900, saigo_x

abohamza

Post by abohamza » Jun 17th, '09, 08:57

i vote for hwang jin yi

majata

Post by majata » Jun 19th, '09, 09:34

Ok, likewise, I vote for Hwang JinYi!!!

kmixhd

Post by kmixhd » Jun 19th, '09, 18:36

I Vote for I AM SAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Marieluna

Post by Marieluna » Jun 21st, '09, 08:15

Hwang JinYi even taught I dont mind if Summer Scent wins also :)

saigo_x

Post by saigo_x » Jun 24th, '09, 02:03

Looks like Hwang Jin Yi and Summer Scent are tied for first with I Am Sam just two votes behind. :) One week to go before the poll closes. I'll be randomly seeding the first episode of each series (1-2 of HJY since it's a batch torrent) so you can download them to preview the series.

majata

Post by majata » Jun 24th, '09, 11:29

thank you saigo_x. I've been waiting for this drama for so long.

saigo_x

Post by saigo_x » Jun 28th, '09, 20:07

Sorry I couldn't seed that last few days like I promised because I had to go out of town unexpectedly. Two more days left until the poll closes. Keep the votes coming.

KenFromChicago

Post by KenFromChicago » Jun 29th, '09, 03:52

:O :blink
Just a warning top those who are voting for Hwang JinYi - it really was one of the most slow-moving irritating K-dramas I've ever seen. The character depicted in the series doesn't even slightly resemble the Hwang Jin- Yi that her poetry suggests and her relationships with her love interests will drive you nuts!

The movie with Song Hye Kyo was far superior in pretty much every way possible.

The choices aren't too good this time around, though.

Hitokiri_Johndoesai

Post by Hitokiri_Johndoesai » Jul 1st, '09, 16:08

"I am Sam" was hilarious. It 's Yang Dong Geun's probably best performance since "Ruler of Your Own World". And Park Min Young is just fabulous; so sweet and beautiful. Each classmate is unique and not just a bystander. A little bit like "The Police Academy" series. :blink

saigo_x

Post by saigo_x » Jul 1st, '09, 16:12

Oops, I forgot this ended last night hehe. :P

The July 2009 Unofficial Korean Series Of the Month winner is I Am Sam. :cheers:

Torrents: http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/torrents ... &sort=date
(Please note that these are multi-tracker torrents so the seed/peer info on the D-Addicts tracker may be misleading.)

Subtitles: http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_63238.htm

Final Poll Results:
I Am Sam 37% [ 30 ]
Hwang Jin Yi 30% [ 25 ]
Summer Scent 18% [ 15 ]
Queen Of The Game 13% [ 11 ]
Total Votes : 81
Attachments
IAmSam.jpg
IAmSam.jpg (59.84 KiB) Viewed 12387 times

Hitokiri_Johndoesai

Post by Hitokiri_Johndoesai » Jul 1st, '09, 16:28

I don't know much about the softsubbed version of "I am Sam". But I remember something about somebody at IdolsUnlimited heavily editing them so they would be English, because the current subtitles at that time were at best "Engrish". So which version are the subtitles at d-addicts?

saigo_x

Post by saigo_x » Jul 1st, '09, 16:34

Dunno about the Idols Unlimited version but the ones in the subtitles forum don't look engrishy to me. I haven't veiwed all of them though. :unsure:

Don't forget to rename the SRT subtitles to match the video files people. :idea:

saigo_x

Post by saigo_x » Jul 2nd, '09, 15:23

Hmm, can anyone downloading I Am Sam give me an idea of how seeding is going? With the swarm spread out across mulitple trackers it's impossible to tell what is going on from my end. Not to mention the torrents keep changing trackers at random hehe.

Also, I guess we should start nominations/requests for the next poll. I posted my list earlier if you want to take a look. Do you think we should recycle the losers from this poll?

debuf

Post by debuf » Jul 4th, '09, 09:11

It's going quite well, saigo. Thanks! Only the last few episodes don't have seeds.

Right now:

Ep 1 - 22 seeds / 27 leechers
Ep 2 - 17 / 38
Ep 3 - 14 / 24
Ep 4 - 15 / 35
Ep 5 - 15 / 26
Ep 6 - 18 / 25
Ep 7 - 21 / 28
Ep 8 - 19 / 26
Ep 9-10 - 15 / 45
Ep 11-12 - 0 / 86 (many stuck at 99.4% - could use some quick help there)
Ep 13-14 - 0 / 79 (many stuck at 96.5% - ditto above)
Ep 15-16 - 0 / 85 (highest at 93.4%, many at 92.5%)

I missed the vote. How about including Rude Woman next time around? I'll try to keep an eye on this forum for the next go-round. I'm really glad you started this up again.

Edit: OK sorry - Rude Woman is not on your list. I can help with a few on your list. Haven't seen any on this poll, so recycling would be fine with me. :P

Hwang Jin Yi looks really good -- I may start taking it down after this one anyway...

saigo_x

Post by saigo_x » Jul 4th, '09, 15:11

Thanks fo the info on the torrents debuf. :salut: I'm working on the last 3 batches right now. I think there is a peer that is either not sharing or reporting bad info because I know I seeded a full copy on the 11&12 torrent. When I started it this morning using super-seed mode it kept kicking me out to normal seeding after a few seconds.

Rude Woman? I'll have to take a look at that series. Unfortunately I can't commit 100% to the KSOTM but I can at least keep it on life support. :P

orionredwing

Post by orionredwing » Jul 5th, '09, 02:39

I was gone for a couple of months and am trying to catch up. Does any1 know where the other KSOTM threads are? I can't seem to find it.

If it's not too early, I nominate / will help seed Boys Over Flowers for Aug 09.

EDIT: Oops, I found another thread mentioning there has been no KSOTM since Feb 09.

saigo_x

Post by saigo_x » Jul 5th, '09, 18:55

Boys Over Flowers is much too new to be considered for the KSOTM. :roll

kobi

Post by kobi » Jul 6th, '09, 12:17

saigo_x wrote:Boys Over Flowers is much too new to be considered for the KSOTM. :roll
Oh so series of the month is only for old dramas that have finished a long time ago?

That's a shame :(

sistergirl

Re: July 2009 Unofficial Korean Series Of the Month

Post by sistergirl » Jul 6th, '09, 12:57

i vote for summer scent

saigo_x

Post by saigo_x » Jul 7th, '09, 04:33

kobi wrote:Oh so series of the month is only for old dramas that have finished a long time ago?

That's a shame :(
Yep. From the "How SOTW/SOTM Works" page:
Background:
As you probably know, many torrents are released on the D-Addicts' tracker. As different series of dramas were completed (and grew older), seeds for them eventually dropped off. Some individuals who completed these dramas were willing to seed older, completed dramas, but were not sure of which ones to seed. It was decided to allow the members of the D-Addicts' community pick and choose a series through a voting system.

Why have a SOTW / SOTM?
1. People will know what series is available and have seeds, rather than just waiting and hoping.
2. Seeders that have archived the winning series on DVD/CD's will know which series to pull off of DVD/CD, minimizing troublesome multiple DVD/CD loading.
3. Re-circulates older torrents back into view, and focuses bandwidth and demand toward those specific torrents, rather than having people request series across the board.

orionredwing

Post by orionredwing » Jul 7th, '09, 19:38

Ah, thanks for clarifying.

I really like the summary of past SOTM in the Wuxia thread. From that list, it looks like about a year before we can seed a new series.

I'll recommend seeding the series again in a few months. I figure as long as there are enough seeders and most importantly, interest, it should be a go once past the new release period.