101st Proposal
29%
Rosemary
17%

Total votes: 95

saigo_x

KSOTM November 2008 - Poll

Post by saigo_x » Oct 16th, '08, 19:21

Well there is nothing unofficial about this poll any more.
It is now the third time we run this, after picking up where it was left off, and saigo_x and myself have concluded the deliberations over suitable candidates for the next poll.

So here they are, and some reasoning behind them.

=======================================================FOR THE POLL

Second Proposal 22 eps. (because it was a runner up and deserves a chance)
http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Second_Proposal

Hello! mr. God Ep1-16 (complete, batch) (...just because)
(700MB softsub batch file )
http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Hello%2C_God

101st Proposals 15 eps. (because of count of nominations)
http://wiki.d-addicts.com/101st_Proposal_%28SBS%29

and finally...

Doo Na Bae a.k.a "Rosemary" 18 eps. (...just because)
http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Rosemary

==========================================================================

We considered putting Farewell To Tears. 60 Episodes in here but
we realize it is a) very hard to find seeders to run such a long drama
and b) very few people have that capacity to hold 60 eps on
a small system. Maybe if we get more votes and volunteers
after Christmas when people upgrade hardware, can we consider it again.

In short we need some volunteers to come in and state they can seed such a huge
undertaking before we risk putting it up here again.

==========================================================================

The poll will run for 15 days, until October 31st and then automatically expire.
Keep the votes coming, we know you're normally a few hundred jumping on the shows so feel free to affect the outcome 8)

In summary from the nominations thread, here are the shows
we ended up with to choose candidates from.
==========NOMINATIONS===========================
Legend:
nominated drama [disqualification reason if any]

Hello! mr. God Ep1-16 (complete, batch)
Wuri's Family (JEM tracker) 20 eps.
She is Back (Ice Girl) 16 eps.
Dr. Gang (Dr. Kkaeng) 16 eps.
Farewell To Tears. 60 Episodes
9 End 2 Outs Ep 1-16 (complete, batch)
Doo Na Bae a.k.a "Rosemary" 18 eps.
Let's Go To The Beach! 14 eps.
101st Proposals 15 eps.
Second Proposal 22 eps.
90 Days, Time for Love 16 eps.

==========DISQUALIFIEDS==========================

On Air [too new]
Romance [licensed/Previous Winner July 2004]
Save The Last Dance For Me [Previous winner April 2006/Licensed]
Fashion 70's [Winner January 2008]
Goong [licensed]
Sweet Buns [incomplete/missing subs]
Attachments
320px-SecondProposal.jpg
Second Proposal
320px-SecondProposal.jpg (19.6 KiB) Viewed 9464 times
HelloGod.jpg
Hello Mr God
HelloGod.jpg (241.59 KiB) Viewed 9464 times
300px-101.jpg
101st Proposal (SBS)
300px-101.jpg (43.14 KiB) Viewed 9464 times
300px-Rosmarykbs.jpg
Rosemary
300px-Rosmarykbs.jpg (17.05 KiB) Viewed 9464 times
Last edited by saigo_x on Oct 17th, '08, 18:30, edited 1 time in total.

sabriyahm

Post by sabriyahm » Oct 16th, '08, 21:33

could you et us know how many seeders a show has. When i don't know what show to decide I tend to go with the show with the most seeders.
:wub: :wub:

techie
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by techie » Oct 16th, '08, 21:54

Unfortunately the volunteer seeders thread for KSOTM is way outdataed since many. many months back and it would not be fair to assume that list is up to date.

The best thing we can do, is a) I will re-organize the list into a new thread and b) those who can seed either one of these or more, please post a message in here when voting and we'll get a more accurate result.

...I will then move those over to the new vol seeder list when we finish comiling that too.
:blink $zipCode = strtoupper($zipCode); // it is not the case of being sensitive... XD

alconto

Post by alconto » Oct 17th, '08, 00:24

I may have to withdraw volunteering to seed Hello God. What I have have separate subtitles whereas what's on DA seems to be hardsub'd. My bad.

saigo_x

Post by saigo_x » Oct 17th, '08, 02:23

sabriyahm wrote:could you et us know how many seeders a show has. When i don't know what show to decide I tend to go with the show with the most seeders.
I can seed all of Rosemary and have about half of 101st Proposal and Second Proposal. I'll check on Hello God.
alconto wrote:I may have to withdraw volunteering to seed Hello God. What I have have separate subtitles whereas what's on DA seems to be hardsub'd. My bad.
Actually we were thinking of the 700MB softsub batch file (http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_54380.htm) not the 350MB KDA hardsubs. Most KDA hardsubs are pretty rare.

techie
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by techie » Oct 17th, '08, 18:30

Good you reminded me saigo_x
I added a clarifying note there
:blink $zipCode = strtoupper($zipCode); // it is not the case of being sensitive... XD

bakaneko

Post by bakaneko » Oct 17th, '08, 22:09

I'll be able to seed 101st Proposals! SO ppl vote for it!

sosushi2

Mr. God

Post by sosushi2 » Oct 17th, '08, 22:16

Just put in my vote for Mr. God because I haven't seen it before.

FYI: I was reading the drama wiki on "Second Proposal" and was really surprised to see it described as light, heart warming, and comical. I found it sad and extremely depressing. The wife was treated reallllllly horribly and the mistress was treated like a princess. Just my opinion in case someone was looking for something that IS actually light, heart warming, and comical! :P

saigo_x

Re: Mr. God

Post by saigo_x » Oct 19th, '08, 06:12

sosushi2 wrote:FYI: I was reading the drama wiki on "Second Proposal" and was really surprised to see it described as light, heart warming, and comical. I found it sad and extremely depressing.
Ooh, sounds like my kind of drama hehe. XD

techie
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by techie » Oct 19th, '08, 06:28

Dont yuo dare vote for that saigoo... I need comedy... my life is depressing enough already :P

*LMAO... just kidding...
(sneaks off to look for the super mod button to auto-inverse all of saigo's votes)

sosushi2

A bit more accurate

Post by sosushi2 » Oct 19th, '08, 09:57

Here's a much more accurate description from Crystal's website

A Second Proposal - Korean Drama
Starring: Oh Yeon Soo as "Mi Young", Oh Ji Ho as "Kyung-soo"

This drama is about a married couple, Min Suk and Mi Young, who have known each other for 20 years (since childhood). One day Min Suk meets a woman whom he falls deeply in love with. He steadily becomes irritated with his plain wife and his bored married life. He carries on his affair with a younger, attractive woman. Then one day, Mi Young learns of his affair. She knows that she might lose him, so she tries in all her power to keep him. However, he throws away his wife and children to chase his teenage-boy dream of lust for his mistress. He acknowledges to his wife that he married her based on friendship only and that he's never known love until het met that other woman.... He tells his wife that he only cares for his wife as a friend. Min Suk abandons Mi Young and she's forced to start her life over from rock bottom.

Mi Young

She's been a housewife and stay at home mom for over 10 years. She is a very good cook and loves her husband. She has a kind heart and loves her children very much. Life hasn't been treating her very good and she ultimately reaches the pivotal moment in her life when she hits rock bottom.

Min Suk

He's been a good husband until he met Yung June. Her young looks and popularity captivated his heart. After a one night stand with Yung June, he becomes obsessed with her like a teenage boy in love. He forgets about his responsibilities of being a husband and father. He will throw away his past to obtain Yung June as his future.

Yung June - THE ULTIMATE ****

I really hate her. Of all the dramas I've seen, I hate no one more than her.

Enough said.

Kyung Soo

He was the dorky neighbor next door to Min Suk and Mi Young. He jobhops often and is kind of goofy. However, after seeing Mi Young depressed and stranded, he is concerned of her welfare and befriends her. He becomes the best friend and guardian angel that Mi Young never anticipated. I really love his character and charm.

:whistling: If you have seen "The Person I Love", it's kind of like that except that in this one, the wife is left with nothing and no one. It's not a bad drama, just not a happy one.

shayla

Post by shayla » Oct 19th, '08, 11:52

I have to say I voted for Second Proposal. Of all these Rosemary is the only one I've seen already. The ones that are currently tied, don't really interest me. 101st proposal has an old goofy guy as the main character and Hello God doesn't seem that good to me. So we will see... but never the less I'll watch what ever wins anyways. Hope it won't be as boring as last months drama (Bean chaff).
Recently Finished: 1) Rooftop Prince 2) Witch yoo-hee 3) Hana Kimi (japanese 2007 version) 4) mei-chan no shitsuji 5) Absolute boyfriend 6) Birth of the rich 7) Me too flower 8 ) You''re beautiful 9) Six lovestories 10) Protect the boss
Currently Watching:

bakaneko

Post by bakaneko » Oct 19th, '08, 13:09

hmm

rabbit0900

Post by rabbit0900 » Oct 20th, '08, 20:26

I can help seed the following dramas for the KSOTM of November

- Hello Mr. God (The soft sub version and 7 to 16 for the hardsubbed KDA version)
- 101st Proposal
-For Second Proposal I seem to have a different versions for episode 14 and 18 the rest is the same.

I do hope Rosemary will win, that is the only drama I haven't got, so I voted for that drama.

saigo_x

Post by saigo_x » Oct 22nd, '08, 02:56

rabbit0900 wrote:I can help seed the following dramas for the KSOTM of November
Thank you for volunteering to seed. :salut:
I now have the complete batch of Hello God and all but ep12 of 101st Proposal. I already had all of Rosemary. I also have 1-12 of Second Proposal.

chrysanthemum

Post by chrysanthemum » Oct 26th, '08, 05:00

Rosemary! Rosemary! Because it has Kim Seung Woo! :lol
Currently watching: Huā Yàng Shǎo Nián Shǎo Nǚ

dima
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by dima » Oct 26th, '08, 13:25

Thumbs up for selection! Just voted. Note telling what i voted for, but I can tell what I did not vote for - that would be hello god thing, cause both leads also starred in dasepo girls thing, and that was bad, I mean baaaaa-d.

Can't wait to see what drama gets it this time and start watching! :roll

draks

Post by draks » Oct 27th, '08, 06:34

rosemary sounds like its good

saigo_x

Post by saigo_x » Oct 30th, '08, 02:06

K, well looks like Hello God still has a steady lead. Poll ends in 2 days. I've already started seeding the batch file a bit. I'm ready to seed the other series if there is a sudden reversal though. Keep the votes coming.

Ack! I just realized the poll ends on Friday and I am going to be out of town this weekend. :O

Marieluna

Post by Marieluna » Oct 31st, '08, 09:02

Oh cool I see u have Wurys Family for a posible nomination! Can it really be pick? Im still stuck at 79% and Im willing to seed it for the whole month if its givenb a chance let me know via message so I can keep the tracker up!

In this poll Ill be voting for 101st Proposals I like the actress in 18 vs 29 so I wanna see another drama of hers XP

saigo_x

Post by saigo_x » Oct 31st, '08, 21:07

Ok, well it looks like the poll has closed already. Here are the results:

Hello Mr. God 38% [ 37 ]
101st Proposal 29% [ 28 ]
Rosemary 16% [ 16 ]
Second Proposal 14% [ 14 ]

Total Votes : 95

Here is a link to the torrents for Hello God: http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/torrents ... +all&sort=.
Please note that the volunteer seeders were for the 700MB softsub batch and not the KDA TVRip.
The softsubs can be found in this thread: http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_29763.htm.

And some sample images for the torrent page:
Attachments
HG01.jpg
Sample1
HG01.jpg (54.52 KiB) Viewed 2634 times
HG02.jpg
Sample2
HG02.jpg (58.36 KiB) Viewed 2634 times
HG03.jpg
Sample3
HG03.jpg (63.79 KiB) Viewed 2634 times