The Unofficial Korean Series of the Month September 2008

talk about and vote for the Series of the Week and Month
saigo_x

The Unofficial Korean Series of the Month September 2008

Post by saigo_x » Sep 5th, '08, 21:46

Welcome to the September 2008 Unofficial Korean Series of the Month

As the title says, this is an unofficial poll for Korean Series of the Month. There has not been a new official poll since June, so we are trying to get things going again. Please bear with me as this is my first time running a SoTM poll. :sweat:

Poll ends Friday September 12th 18:00 GMT

Results moved here to avoid mistakes

1% Of Anything [ 15 ]
I'm Sorry, I Love You [ 9 ]
Wonderful Life [ 15 ]
The Bean Chaff Of My Life[ 30 ]
Match Made in Heaven [ 6 ]
Marrying A Millionaire [ 13 ]

The KSOTM procedure is explained in the How KSOTM Works thread.

All candidates have English Subtitles and are available on our tracker.
Please follow the given "DramaWiki" links to look up information about each drama.

Here are the candidates:

1% Of Anything (700MB) .::. 26 episodes .::. DramaWiki
Seeders: Jannah, ladyroake, leeunit, rabbit0900, sabriyahm, yendao, mannymo

I'm Sorry, I Love You (700MB) .::. 16 episodes .::. DramaWiki
Seeders: Access, apples, Chynkinese, darb, gEkO, ilovebinderclips, Jannah, kalau, lilswtangel, MajidB, Misa, NineTails, ookamiki, rabbit0900, rlynxen, SCBet, scy, Shinigami, Silvestre, terrancelam, mannymo, dima

Wonderful Life (700MB) .::. 16 episodes .::. DramaWiki
Seeders: Access, apples, ashitakka, bLaCkNbLuE, dawawa, gEkO, Jannah, leeunit, milleu87, rabbit0900, sabriyahm, SCBet, snowangel414, TragicKingdom

The Bean Chaff Of My Life .::. 16 episodes .::. DramaWiki
Seeders: kazuki, leeunit, yendao

Match Made in Heaven .::. 16 Episodes .::. DramaWiki
Seeders: apples, Jannah, leeunit

Marrying A Millionaire (700MB) .::. 16 episodes .::. DramaWiki
Seeders: rabbit0900, saigo_x, Tosca, yendao

Techie's Edit Note!
I changed the poll settings to run for four (4) days, and I cannot tell if this is four days from Now or 4 days from original posting.
If one member could have a peek at this and tell me, that would be good.
Intention is to end the poll Friday, sept. 12th so we can get on with seeding.
The reason is,
***** :lol: *****
seems to look like a certain winner, so lets hope we can scare up some more voters :lol
Last edited by saigo_x on Sep 11th, '08, 05:53, edited 1 time in total.

techie
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by techie » Sep 5th, '08, 21:53

personally I thought Marrying a millionaire was good up until a bit of tedious repetition ocurred.
My vote goes for something I have no clue about :)
:blink $zipCode = strtoupper($zipCode); // it is not the case of being sensitive... XD

saigo_x

Post by saigo_x » Sep 5th, '08, 21:57

Hehe. Well I listed six candidates (the maximum number listed in previos KSOTM) so hopefully there is enough variety to choose from. Let me know of any problems. I already had to modify the thread subject line because I forgot to add "September 2008"... :whistling:

sosushi2

pick

Post by sosushi2 » Sep 6th, '08, 02:20

It was a toss up between two I haven't seen... Bean Chaff and Match Made in Heaven.
Great selection! :cheers:

oldlady

Post by oldlady » Sep 6th, '08, 02:27

YAY!!! Finally, a new KSotM! Thank you, Thank you saigo_x!
Can someone give their opinions on Bean Chaff and Match Made in Heaven?

techie
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by techie » Sep 6th, '08, 18:41

Bumpety... not sure every member knows this is up yet.

I am not sure since I dont follow much in RL besides my clients failing computers as usual, but I guess many might be busy starting school again.

On the oldlady's question...
I am not sure if there has been much on the front of ratings posted somewhere yet.
Perhaps your best choice is to review the wiki links and search the forum for the threads relaed to discussions.
:blink $zipCode = strtoupper($zipCode); // it is not the case of being sensitive... XD

Marieluna

Post by Marieluna » Sep 7th, '08, 00:19

Wow a new list after a long period! :lol

Wonderful Life is a beautiful drama but already watch it recently :) NOw of all the ones in the list the one that got me interested was 1% of Anything so thats where my votes go to :D

shayla

Post by shayla » Sep 7th, '08, 05:44

I was wondering how long the voting time is on this poll? There is no mentioning of it.
Recently Finished: 1) Rooftop Prince 2) Witch yoo-hee 3) Hana Kimi (japanese 2007 version) 4) mei-chan no shitsuji 5) Absolute boyfriend 6) Birth of the rich 7) Me too flower 8 ) You''re beautiful 9) Six lovestories 10) Protect the boss
Currently Watching:

saigo_x

Post by saigo_x » Sep 7th, '08, 07:08

There is still no set end date for the poll. I wanted to wait a few days and see how the voting went, to see how much interest there was. The ideal result would be that a series takes a commanding lead early. Since that's probably not likely I may set either the 12th or the 14th as the end date so we have enough time to seed. Some of the series are 700MB files so we need to leave enough time to seed.

I noticed the KSOTM volunteer seeding thread was really outdated. :unsure: I'm wondering how many of you out there can seed the series in the poll? I can seed Sorry I Love You, Wonderful Life, and Marrying A Millionaire. I should be able to obtain 1% Of Anything as well. Who out there has The Bean Chaff Of My Life and Match Made In Heaven?

jocutus

Post by jocutus » Sep 7th, '08, 08:10

Nice to see this thread alive again! My vote for 'Bean Chaff'...
Life isn''t that complicated. One sweet memory will do...

husojo

Post by husojo » Sep 7th, '08, 12:12

I noticed the KSOTM volunteer seeding thread was really outdated. Unsure I'm wondering how many of you out there can seed the series in the poll? I can seed Sorry I Love You, Wonderful Life, and Marrying A Millionaire. I should be able to obtain 1% Of Anything as well. Who out there has The Bean Chaff Of My Life and Match Made In Heaven?
I should be able to seed 1% of Anything too, think I haven't deleted it yet.

nitrosmob

vote

Post by nitrosmob » Sep 7th, '08, 16:37

I voted for Match Made in Heaven. Seems a bit interesting and looks to have a decent story.

JohnnyCake8

Post by JohnnyCake8 » Sep 8th, '08, 12:13

my vote goes to "The Bean Chaff Of My Life" :salut: ....
i just hope there are seeders if this series wins.... :blink
curently dl/seed/watch-ing: :salut:
How to meet Perfect Neighbor
Sweet Buns [[[[ patiently waiting ]]]]]
The Devil

Kallista

Post by Kallista » Sep 8th, '08, 12:52

I've seen Marryng a Millionaire and it's totally BORING.
MISA is one of my most favourites drama ever.

Many friends of mine said the ending of 1% is't satisfying at all and... well, to shorten my vote, I chose Wonderful Life.

saigo_x

Post by saigo_x » Sep 9th, '08, 04:11

JohnnyCake8 wrote:my vote goes to "The Bean Chaff Of My Life" :salut: ....
i just hope there are seeders if this series wins.... :blink
Wow it looks like Bean Chaff has taken a big lead. :blink I started downloading both that and 1% Of Anything after seeing them go up quickly in votes. I should be able to get most if not all of Bean Chaff before the poll ends.

[Edit] Just noticed Techie's note. Can anyone verify that the poll is still open? [/Edit]

maria66

Post by maria66 » Sep 10th, '08, 09:57

Match Made in Heaven for me.

techie
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by techie » Sep 10th, '08, 15:38

Since we cant tell if the polls are close dor not here, I will manually close the poll on Friday 18:00 GMT.
In that way we will know for sure it's done then.

(^^) :salut:

edit: Please note, GMT has been moved to somewhere in the Atlantic ocean due to summerheat. (he he... GMT is not Greenwich in the summer. It is Cardiff-30 minutes)
TZ offset by -1
Last edited by techie on Sep 12th, '08, 17:16, edited 1 time in total.

saigo_x

Post by saigo_x » Sep 10th, '08, 18:20

The vote total went from 66 to 69 since last night so I assume it's still open. The Bean Chaff In My Life is still way out in front and with the low number of votes will probably stay there. I may start seeding the first episodes early if I don't see a change in the vote's direction.

Semaru

Post by Semaru » Sep 11th, '08, 03:47

I just voted, so it looks like the poll is still open :) I really enjoyed 1% of anything, but I've already watched it so I voted for Bean Chaff. I can help seed 1% though, if it wins.

saigo_x

Post by saigo_x » Sep 11th, '08, 05:46

Ok, good to know. The vote totals are still a bit low. Hopefully we get a surge at the end. Would have to be pretty big for one of the other series to catch up to Bean Chaff though.
I have 1-6 and 8-10 of Bean Chaff, still working on the others. Hopefully more seeders show up once the poll ends. :sweat:

Updated the first post to list the poll end date.

saigo_x

Post by saigo_x » Sep 12th, '08, 15:48

techie wrote:Since we cant tell if the polls are close dor not here, I will manually close the poll on Friday 18:00 GMT.
Ok, just over 2 hours left before the poll closes. The Bean Chaff Of My Life is still out ahead so I'm going to start seeding that. I still only have 1-11 complete and am working on 12 and 13 at the moment. I made a image for the KSOTM panel on the torrent page as well. :-) I'll keep an eye on the poll though in case there is a sudden reversal in the voting (which has happened in the past :lol ).
Attachments
BC4.jpg
The Bean Chaff Of My Life
BC4.jpg (57 KiB) Viewed 4081 times

techie
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by techie » Sep 12th, '08, 18:00

And the winner is...

The Bean Chaff of My Life... with 30 votes of 88

1% Of Anything [ 15 ]
I'm Sorry, I Love You [ 9 ]
Wonderful Life [ 15 ]
The Bean Chaff Of My Life[ 30 ]
Match Made in Heaven [ 6 ]
Marrying A Millionaire [ 13 ]

The nominations for the next month, October 2008 can be found here
http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_65216.htm

saigo_x

Post by saigo_x » Sep 13th, '08, 01:42

Ok, the easy part is over hehe. :P Now we have to get the thing seeded. I'll try and seed through the night. Thanks to the handful of other initial seeders. :salut: Please seed as much as possible once you've completed. And a special thanks to those peers I see with large share ratios. :notworthy:

P.S. Anyone out there happen to have the complete OST+MV torrent? http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_23936.htm

techie
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by techie » Sep 18th, '08, 00:00

Not your regular Krean series i'd say.
Very funny, not what I had expected coming back in on the scene after so long, and much appreciated I must say. I am surprised the interest is so strong for the seeding but we have a relatively low vote participation.

Very good to see the strong support in here, thanks all D-addicts :lol