35%

Total votes: 60

InTr4nceWeTrust
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Japanese SoTW (9/13/08) - Ame to Yume no Ato ni

Post by InTr4nceWeTrust » Jul 23rd, '08, 16:36

It's up finally...

Many thanks go out to those seeding the current JSoTW (n/a). Thank you for your support! :salut:

VOTE for the next JSoTW above
(This poll will run for one and a half weeks. Enjoy!)
This week's nominees are:
Homework - torrents
Amai Seikatsu - torrents
Ame to Yume no Ato ni - torrents
Big Wing - torrents

NOMINATE future JSoTWs below *UPDATED 2/24/08*

Rules for nominating JSoTWs:
* Please nominate dramas found in the JSoTW Volunteer Seeders Thread
* Nominate only Japanese dramas with English subtitles
* Do not nominate a series that has already been nominated twice
* Only nominate a series if 1 or more episodes have zero seeds

Previous Japanese Series of the Week:
*Note: Repeat nominees will have an asterisk (*) next to the title for each additional nomination.

Oyaji
Otousan
Koi ga Shitai x3 (Where is Love?)
Strawberry on the Shortcake (S.O.S.)
Cheap Love*
Big Wing
Hotman*
Sutaa no Koi
From the Heart
Love Generation
A Sleeping Forest*
Story of One Century
Friends
Younger Men
Merry Christmas in Summer
Shota no Sushi
Koibumi/Love Letter
Waterboys
Aoi Tori (Bluebird)
Meguri Ai
Konna Koi no Hanashi
One Million Stars Falling From the Sky
News no Onna
Mukodono/My Husband
Food Fight
Heaven's Coins/Hoshi no Kinka
Forbidden Love
My Little Chef
With Love
Shopping Hero
Stand Up!!
101st Marriage Proposal
Seija no Koushin
Maria/Mariya
Asunaro Hakusho*
Summer Snow
Pretty Girls
Trick 1/2/3 (JSoTM)
Itsumo Futari De
Tokyo Wankei
Denchi ga kireru made
Koi ga shitai (DVD)
Wedding Planner
Suekko chonan ane sannin
Koi wo nan nen sundemasu ka/Dreams of Romance
Beach Boys*
Keizoku
Nanisama
News no Onna
Aoi Tori
Midnight Rain
Chakushin Ari
Aishitteiru to itte kure (Say you love me)
Dekichatta Kekkon (Shotgun Marriage)
From the Heart
Ima, Ai ni Yukimasu
Princess Hiro
Double Kitchen
Joou no Kyoushitsu (Queen's Classroom)
Oishii Kankei
Five Spies
Tokyo Wankei
Narita Rikon
Cheap Love
Merry Christmas in Summer
Konya Hitori no Beddo de
Story of One Century
Searching for My Polestar
Flowers for Algernon
Yasashii Jikan
Maria/Mariya
Style!
SP Pack (Hatsu Tsubomi / Chichi no Umi, Boku no Sora / Niji wo Kakeru Ouhi / Amagi Goe)
Love & Eros
Le Bel Homme
Remote
Mada Koi wa Hajimaranai
Musashi
100 Tales of Horror
Meguri Ai
Toshishita no Otoko / Younger Men
Saigo no Koi
Suna no Utsuwa
Love Story (TBS)
Busu no Hitomi ni Koishiteru/Ns Aoi
Konna Koi no Hanashi
Suekko Chounan Ane Sannin
Akimahende
Rondo
Ruri no Shima
Shiawase ni Naritai
Egao No Hosoku
Fukigen na Jiin
Ai wa Douda
Oishii Puropozu
Psychometrer Eiji Season 1
Koi Seto Otome
Moto Kare
Kiken na Aneki
Warui Yatsura
First love
Kiraware Matsuko no Issho
======================================================================

What is the Japanese Series of the Week (SoTW)? More Info Here
Due to the substantial number of torrents on this site, we implemented a "Series of the Week," where we could dedicate bandwidth and seeding efforts to a specific series. This helps in several ways:
1. People will know which series was voted and will be seeded, rather than just waiting and hoping for them to be seeded at some later date.
2. For those seeders who have DVD burners and have already burnt their collections to DVD/CD, the series of the week gives them an opportunity to dust off those archives and help seed their favorites.
3. Constantly re-circulates older torrents back into view, and focuses bandwidth and demand toward specific torrents, rather than having people request series across the board.
Remember, D-Addicts was started for the community, and being a part of the community means sharing. If you don't share, then everyone loses (refer to JEM's dropping of cdramas). Bittorrent and DA works much better if you share as others have shared with you.

======================================================================

If you are willing to seed any of the series in the poll, please post a reply here or in the JSoTW: Looking For Volunteer Seeders thread or PM anyone of the mods or admins. There are still several series which do not have volunteer seeders, so any help would be greatly appreciated! The more seeders we have, the more variety we will have in future JSoTW polls!

Reminder: You must have at least 10 posts to vote. Don't start spamming the forum, but this encourages you to get involved in some of those drama discussions!
Last edited by InTr4nceWeTrust on Sep 14th, '08, 03:37, edited 6 times in total.
ありません

SusieQ

Post by SusieQ » Jul 24th, '08, 05:05

Why not just compile a list of all of the losers from the past few months that haven't been a sotw before and use those? Forget what's seeded or not. Even if a series appears to be seeded, people go on and offline all the time and often a "seeded" torrent takes weeks to finish, which is annoying.

Anyways, even if a series IS seeded, but hasn't been a sotw yet, doesn't it deserve the same chance as anything else? The sotw explanation does not say nominees have to have 0-seeders.

InTr4nceWeTrust
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by InTr4nceWeTrust » Jul 24th, '08, 06:45

Well the purpose of the SoTW is to get seeds for a series that isn't seeded. It isn't really a contest to see what show is the most popular. Otherwise I'd always have Hana Yori Dango, Hana Kimi something, and any Johnny's type of show as the nominees.

The info for the SoTW actually says the nominees need to have at least one episode without any seeds. Even then I try to avoid those with only one episode missing a seeder. I usually find that one episode to be seeded shortly after I had last checked it. It's also not really worth having it "forcefully" seeded for a week when it only really takes one seeder a few hours to re-seed it.
ありません

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Jul 24th, '08, 07:49

Not positive about 10 postings but taking a chance.

I just re watched an old drama from 2000 and really liked it

Name is 'BRAND' with Ichigawa Somegoro. Really good cast otherwise and good acting.

Peggy

SusieQ

Post by SusieQ » Jul 24th, '08, 23:55

InTr4nceWeTrust wrote:Well the purpose of the SoTW is to get seeds for a series that isn't seeded. It isn't really a contest to see what show is the most popular. Otherwise I'd always have Hana Yori Dango, Hana Kimi something, and any Johnny's type of show as the nominees.
I wasn't suggesting to turn it into a popularity contest, not at all. I don't think any of the newer, more popular series should be nominees, you've misread me.

What I was trying to say is that it doesn't make much sense to me to avoid the 1-seeder series at all costs, especially if you've run out of 0-seeder series. It does not always take 1 seeder a few hours to reseed a torrent. Sometimes it can take several DAYS because of leechers and bad connections. You know what I meant?

What I was trying to suggest was take some of the losers from the old sotw polls, which AREN'T usually popular series (they lost, after all) and use them even if they have 1 or 2 seeders, but NOT if they are VERY well-seeded.

Like Bokura no Yuuki lost by a HAIR in the last poll, right? Add it to the nominees this week again. Or do a poll that's made up of all the poor "second-place" series that can't seem to win!

My mistake about the rules. I read the original sotw thread, and not the post here. But I think it's a bit of a stupid rule. It should say with "very few seeders" meaning as low as 2.

Semaru

Post by Semaru » Aug 3rd, '08, 23:37

hmm, I don't know if it's been nominated before or not (I'm new ^^;), but Jotei has multiple episodes without seeds, and I'd really like to see it.

Drama wiki page is here: http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Jotei

witica

Post by witica » Aug 9th, '08, 17:31

how about heaven cannot wait. i loved that series but have only been able to get a few of the eps off from the torrents.

saigo_x

Post by saigo_x » Aug 9th, '08, 17:58

Someone requested seeding for Story Of One Century and I see that it doesn't have any seeds. It's also a short series with only 6 episodes.

sswoy

Post by sswoy » Aug 16th, '08, 13:55

is ok to seed for Hyoten 2006

thx.

kusaina

i would like to see Dobutsu no Oisha-san

Post by kusaina » Aug 16th, '08, 14:25

for Dobutsu no Oisha-san this is the link

http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Dobutsu_no_Oisha-san

Kazuya_

Post by Kazuya_ » Aug 27th, '08, 05:12

I would like to nominate Virgin Road. There are no seeds currently.

Thanks!

gokidora

Post by gokidora » Aug 27th, '08, 20:31

Why is there a limit of two nominations per series? Does this mean if series X is nominated twice and loses twice that it will never be JSotW?

hwhh

Post by hwhh » Aug 28th, '08, 02:19

I'd like to second the nomination for Virgin Road and would also like to nominate Home and Away (from the JEM tracker)

sswoy

Post by sswoy » Aug 30th, '08, 17:40

would like to nominate Hanayome to Papa has multiple episodes without seeds. thx

diony

Japanese SoTW

Post by diony » Aug 30th, '08, 19:00

I realise it must be an enormous amount of work to keep the front page updated, but it really would be nice if once something wins & is being seeded that was posted, even if the new poll isn't ready yet. I completely missed the fact that _Double Kitchen_ won and by now a lot of the episodes are no longer being seeded!

Is there any way I could help with this stuff? I'm a homemaker right now, so I have a lot of small chunks of free time...

diony

Semaru

Post by Semaru » Sep 1st, '08, 03:22

I'd also like to nominate Utahime....

ippanjin22

Post by ippanjin22 » Sep 1st, '08, 03:27

RE: * Do not nominate a series that has already been nominated twice

I also feel this requirement does not make sense. Are each of us expected to keep track of how many times each series has been nominated? Couldn't D-Addicts keep track of this for everybody and tally the Nomination Counts on the Volunteer Seeders Thread? Each eligible series on the Thread would then be the ones with a Nomination Count of 0 or 1. When the number of eligible series becomes less than 4, then this requirement should be relaxed to become "Do not nominate a series that has already been nominated THREE times." (Of course, series that are well-seeded should not be nominees.)

I feel that series with two nominations but haven't won SotW should be given priority over series have already won SotW after just one nomination.

If in fact we don't have enough series to get 4 nominees together for a vote on the next SotW, something needs to be done to change the rules, or the SotW is dead. Isn't that better than not having a SotW at all?

Herabignose

Post by Herabignose » Sep 2nd, '08, 03:34

May I nominate a torrent at Jem then? Seikei Bijin :-) Thanks a lot ^^

toyotaku

Post by toyotaku » Sep 2nd, '08, 03:57

ippanjin22 wrote:If in fact we don't have enough series to get 4 nominees together for a vote on the next SotW, something needs to be done to change the rules, or the SotW is dead. Isn't that better than not having a SotW at all?
I agree. Something needs to be changed to remove the stress from the person organizing the polls and to keep the SofW alive. It's more important that series be highlighted on the torrent page and rotated on some regular basis.

I would also add that just because a series has a seed/seeders, that doesn't mean the community at large knows anything about it, especially the new people just discovering the site or jdrama itself. There are a lot of dramas, especially the older ones, I have no clue about. The SofW has been of great benefit to me in making dramas known and readily available. I've missed picking up on those that've won that were previously unknown to me or less appealing for no other reason than I didn't want it bad enough to spend days d/ling a single ep from the one poor, gracious seeder trying to help out. I say change the no seeders rule to something MUCH less limiting (like any that have less than 10 seeders or something) and let's get back to the business of bringing dramas into the light. Every drama is new to someone.

Oh, and another thing that might simplify what can be nominated... how about we simply keep track of what has won in a single calendar year with the rule that they can't be nominated again until the next calendar year?

EDIT: I'm also willing to help out any way needed. I don't work, finished with school, am home and usually on the computer 24/7 with rare exception, and don't have little kiddies to look after (just 2 cats and an undemanding old dad). The only thing I wouldn't be comfortable with is posting up an image in the banner on the torrent page (I suck at graphics).

InTr4nceWeTrust
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by InTr4nceWeTrust » Sep 2nd, '08, 21:21

oh no3z, i broke it : / thanks for all the support, though.

i'll stop failing today and work on un-breaking it by the end of the day

EDIT: Well, with the JSoTW being down for a good while, there are now actually a fair number of shows without seeds. It's a little too late for me to get it done tonight (I get up really early). It'll be up tomorrow while I'm in between clases. Sorry again to everybody. Hopefully the JSoTW can be revived back to its original state. I'll also try to take a look at the rules and make sure they're okay or need changes or anything.
ありません

InTr4nceWeTrust
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by InTr4nceWeTrust » Sep 4th, '08, 06:26

It's finally up. Any nominations in this thread will be taken into account for the next JSoTW.
ありません

Keiko1981
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Sweden

Post by Keiko1981 » Sep 4th, '08, 10:04

Voted for Homework this time.
I had the complete drama downloaded and was watching it, but my HD died.

stoic

Post by stoic » Sep 4th, '08, 16:04

I'd like to nominate haru to natsu for the next SotW. Hope that's alright :)

SusieQ

Post by SusieQ » Sep 4th, '08, 20:20

Ummm... I'm a little annoyed that Double Kitchen never actually got featured on the main torrent page. I don't think anyone even knew about it the whole time either. The whole time since it "won" you left up Kiraware Matsuko no Issho and so one ever really looked at Double Kitchen, because it never got a significant amount of seeders OR leechers. But then again I have been a bit too busy to keep close track.

No offense, but I feel seriously cheated because I wanted to watch it. I've really lost faith in the jsotw...

Now that you've taken out Kiraware Matsuko, will Double Kitchen at least be put in there until this poll finishes?

kuro570

Post by kuro570 » Sep 4th, '08, 21:00

Well at least its back up again. This time around i feel like Ame to yume has a very good premise to work with, this one has my vote ^.^
VSS: Warui Yatsura

nitrosmob

Post by nitrosmob » Sep 5th, '08, 05:08

Homework looks really cool so voted for it.

ippanjin22

Post by ippanjin22 » Sep 5th, '08, 05:15

InTr4nceWeTrust, thank you. I am glad to see the JSotW poll is back.

InTr4nceWeTrust
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by InTr4nceWeTrust » Sep 5th, '08, 05:16

Double Kitchen will not be featured on the torrent page but it has been removed from the list of winners (or rather a two time winner). Thus it is still eligible for future JSoTWs.
ありません

gokidora

Post by gokidora » Sep 5th, '08, 05:26

Yay, "Homework"! Love those early 90's trendy dramas.

InTr4nceWeTrust, thank you for all the work you do keeping JSotW going.

Shinigami

Post by Shinigami » Sep 5th, '08, 23:48

me for Ame to Yume no Ato ni ^_^

makito

Post by makito » Sep 6th, '08, 22:40

I'm voting for Ame to Yume no Ato ni. Seems interesting

Thanks for the SoTW! :)

plain_love

Post by plain_love » Sep 9th, '08, 11:22

i'm voting for ame to yume no atoni too
never watch it, but it seems interesting :pray:
Real life are tough, but i have my own sanctuary