July 2007's CSoTM: Meteor Garden

talk about and vote for the Series of the Week and Month
habukie
AiRen
AiRen

July 2007's CSoTM: Meteor Garden

Post by habukie » Jul 1st, '07, 18:43

Meteor Garden is Chinese Series of the Month for July 2007

June's CSoTM will run from Sunday, July 1st through Tuesday, July 31st.

Episodes :: 27
Seeders :: animetama, babyguh, makino_sanbr, Sevoth, ookamiki, innocent816, titou moony, Annae, dashmoo, Athaclena42, horndogbuddhist
:: WIKI:: Torrent (jem's site) :: Tracker Info (jem's site)

We are in need of seeders, if you would like to volunteer, click here. Please make nominations for next month in this thread. Thanks!
Last edited by habukie on Aug 1st, '07, 05:11, edited 1 time in total.

Jaja

Post by Jaja » Jul 2nd, '07, 01:45

Thanks...
One of my all time favorite drama

viet_la_amour

Post by viet_la_amour » Jul 2nd, '07, 01:51

omgosh!!!! METEOR GARDEN?!! ahhhhhh my favorite Taiwanese drama... ~~^___^~~
Ly Bang Bang :wub:

chickenta

Post by chickenta » Jul 2nd, '07, 04:23

An oldie but a goodie!! Awesome! Thank you!

franchosa

Post by franchosa » Jul 2nd, '07, 07:36

This is my favorite Taiwanese drama. :-)

x_XJules
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by x_XJules » Jul 2nd, '07, 07:51

Yay! such a good drama. it's funny because at the beginning the acting is just horrid but as the drama goes on they actually start to really get the hang of it. still this was my very first drama so i will always love it ^^

Sayumi

Post by Sayumi » Jul 2nd, '07, 09:21

no way >.< I thought this was a bad remake of hana yori dango, they make 'tsukushi''s character look like a **** a bit, I think :( she's not admirable anymore
and it's also taking way too long

viet_la_amour

Post by viet_la_amour » Jul 2nd, '07, 23:10

Sayumi wrote:no way >.< I thought this was a bad remake of hana yori dango, they make 'tsukushi''s character look like a **** a bit, I think :( she's not admirable anymore
remake??
****??
not admirable??
too long?? well, it is a taiwanese drama, usually doesn't end in 9-10 episodes. =)

shosef

Post by shosef » Jul 2nd, '07, 23:36

Sayumi wrote:no way >.< I thought this was a bad remake of hana yori dango, they make 'tsukushi''s character look like a **** a bit, I think :( she's not admirable anymore
well...the good thing about Meteor Garden is the relationship of the lead girl and guy developed...it blossomed...they had real relationship...whereas in the Japanese version (may i add that Meteor Garden came first than Matsujun's Hana Yori Dango) all i saw where the problems...they didn't have the chance to have a relationship...

habukie
AiRen
AiRen

Post by habukie » Jul 3rd, '07, 01:23

just as with itazura na kiss and it started with a kiss, i don't think it's fair to compare hana yori dango and meteor garden. just let each stand on it's own merits or lack thereof. and honestly, jdramas and twdramas are made so differently that it's like apples and oranges. they have the same main plot, but other things give them their own unique flavors. the CSoTM is about seeding older series that people feel are deserving of that. obviously enough people felt like meteor garden deserved to win. and for a lot of people, MG was one of the first twdramas they every watched as well as one of the most memorable. perhaps those who watched HYD first might not agree with that, but please don't make this thread into a comparison one bashing one of the two dramas. i'm not saying that you can't gripe about MG. certainly, there are elements of hilarity in the drama, from jerry's hair to his clothes. but please don't create a HYD vs MG atmosphere in here. thanks!

redsugar

meteor garden once more!!

Post by redsugar » Jul 3rd, '07, 03:02

...love this drama so much :wub:

F4-

Post by F4- » Jul 3rd, '07, 03:12

OMG! nuthing beats Meteor Garden!! Its like the best ever so far that i've seen. FOREVER!!! well... the first season that is. xD i cried hecka.... T___T

viet_la_amour

Post by viet_la_amour » Jul 3rd, '07, 13:28

I agree with Habukie.. I hate it when people compare Taiwanese dramas with Japanese ones... Especially when it comes to Meteor Garden & Hana Yori Dango.....
Ly Bang Bang :wub:

shalaku

Post by shalaku » Jul 4th, '07, 02:44

oh my god..
thank you for make this drama SERIES OF THE MONTH

I'm looking for it for soooo long..

thanks for all seeders...

Zarine

Post by Zarine » Jul 4th, '07, 10:43

I really loved this series. It was my first drama as well. I had read a few of the HYD manga and rather liked the series and got all excited when I learned there was a live action of it.

I liked the fact that it went on for so long. I like Jdramas and everything, but I'm kind of partial to series that go on longer for 10 episodes. I love the fact that Meteor Garden 2 took a subplot of the manga and turned it into its own great series.

Besides, how can you not love all the wonderful boy eye candy?

tracycutie

Post by tracycutie » Jul 4th, '07, 18:05

well my love for meteor garden would be eternal because it was my first asian drama and started my love for asian dramas<3

Jaja

Post by Jaja » Jul 6th, '07, 02:33

There are around 900+++ downloading but it seems only one seeding.

anonymenet

Post by anonymenet » Jul 6th, '07, 03:33

Well if you read dramawiki (http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Hana_Yori_Dango; http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Meteor_Garden_I)
, you will see that meteor garden has been broadcasted 4 years earlier than Hana Yori Dango (2001<2005).
As a conclusion, its is hana yori dango which is more likely a remake of meteor garden..., isn't it ?

To be honest, as soon as I knew that those two drama had the same plot, I decided to no watch meteor garden...

Zarine

Post by Zarine » Jul 6th, '07, 16:04

anonymenet wrote:
Well if you read dramawiki (http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Hana_Yori_Dango; http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Meteor_Garden_I)
, you will see that meteor garden has been broadcasted 4 years earlier than Hana Yori Dango (2001<2005).
As a conclusion, its is hana yori dango which is more likely a remake of meteor garden..., isn't it ?

To be honest, as soon as I knew that those two drama had the same plot, I decided to no watch meteor garden...
They actually don't have the exact same plot. The premise is the same, but Meteor Garden goes more into depth and explores the manga a bit more while adding new stuff.
HYD puts in a few things that Meteor Garden did but, but they left out a whole bunch.

Meteor Garden 2 takes a small plot element of the manga, (a little bit bigger in the jdrama) that of Tsukasa loosing his memory, and makes it into a much larger plot.

It really is worth watching if you liked HYD

DrWorm

Post by DrWorm » Jul 6th, '07, 17:32

anonymenet wrote:
FYI, the Hana Yori Dango manga ran from '92-03, with an anime adaptation in '96-97.

hamanokumko1212

Post by hamanokumko1212 » Jul 7th, '07, 04:41

I have a feeling I'm going to like this...

Taisora

Post by Taisora » Jul 10th, '07, 05:40

Honestly, HYD wasn't THAT amazing as everyone makes it out to be- especially the second season of it. That's just my opinion.. I think it was still great and I have a lot of memories with it, but I'm sure Meteor Garden shouldn't be compared to it- I have yet to see it though I've heard GREAT things about MG. I am going to download and watch it! Here's hoping it won't take a week to download =P And I hope the acting isnt terrible throughout the series =P HYD wasn't the best at first- I'm sure they had more money to spend on the series than MG? I shall find out!

ISWAKrocks

Post by ISWAKrocks » Jul 10th, '07, 10:47

totally LOVED LOVED this drama, it was my first t-drama...awww this brings back all the memories.

~norealism~

Post by ~norealism~ » Jul 11th, '07, 17:54

ISWAKrocks wrote:totally LOVED LOVED this drama, it was my first t-drama...awww this brings back all the memories.
me t00 :D ... this is the 1st t-drama i've watched... eventhough i find this drama interesting, i actually didn't watched meteor garden 2. just some few episodes of it. bcoz the plot is totally heart-wrentching :cry: .

draco

Post by draco » Jul 13th, '07, 05:26

I'm sorry if I'm being a noob/ass for asking this question... but I couldn't find the answer... :cry:

Does this torrent come with an english subtitle or not? cuz in the torrent description it says mandarin subs.... Thank you for clarifying this :-)

~norealism~

Post by ~norealism~ » Jul 13th, '07, 16:02

draco wrote:I'm sorry if I'm being a noob/ass for asking this question... but I couldn't find the answer... :cry:

Does this torrent come with an english subtitle or not? cuz in the torrent description it says mandarin subs.... Thank you for clarifying this :-)
yup... this has an english subtitle on it... :D

teknobabe5

Post by teknobabe5 » Jul 15th, '07, 14:16

the storyline of MG is good....but the guys just weren't cute enough to retain my attention.

no matter what...i think it's best to read the manga. The live actions added in too many twists and turns for my taste.

ISWAKrocks

Post by ISWAKrocks » Jul 15th, '07, 17:58

~norealism~ wrote:
ISWAKrocks wrote:totally LOVED LOVED this drama, it was my first t-drama...awww this brings back all the memories.
me t00 :D ... this is the 1st t-drama i've watched... eventhough i find this drama interesting, i actually didn't watched meteor garden 2. just some few episodes of it. bcoz the plot is totally heart-wrentching :cry: .
awww, so many ppl just didnt watch de 2nd one, i thought the second one was quite good as well. It was slightly too long, bt it was sadder :cry: . happy ending though, yey

roaceica

Post by roaceica » Jul 16th, '07, 17:56

to habukie--can i just ask cuz i am still downloading this drama...i looked up in the drama wiki and it says there are 30 episodes for MG but as i can see from the batch torrent it only has 27 on it. are there any cut scenes from the original 30 episodes that is why it was cut down into 27? thanks!!!

also....to anybody---does anyone know where i can get ni yao di ai(?) and the opening theme song(man singing) in pm3 format so i can put it in my walkman...thanks ever so much!!!

Jaja

Post by Jaja » Jul 17th, '07, 01:14

I got the soundtrack of meteor garden from silentregrets.com

~norealism~

Post by ~norealism~ » Jul 17th, '07, 02:56

ISWAKrocks wrote:awww, so many ppl just didnt watch de 2nd one, i thought the second one was quite good as well. It was slightly too long, bt it was sadder :cry: . happy ending though, yey
Actually, i'm downloading MG2 also. I'll see to it that i will watch it till the very end, dat's 4 sure... :roll

draco

Post by draco » Jul 17th, '07, 07:23

~norealism~ wrote:
draco wrote:I'm sorry if I'm being a noob/ass for asking this question... but I couldn't find the answer... :cry:

yup... this has an english subtitle on it... :D
Good to know!!!

Thanks for clarifying this :salut:

roaceica

Post by roaceica » Jul 17th, '07, 09:26

@ Jaja-thanks so much for telling me. i didn't know that there are others at silentregrets such as mvs and suff...thought there were only dramas there... :roll

habukie
AiRen
AiRen

Post by habukie » Jul 18th, '07, 01:49

roaceica: i think it is cut down from the original to fit the TV. but then again, i can't be sure, since i watched it in the original VCD format (since i don't need subs). maybe someone who has seen both versions can answer your question for you. :-)

backdrop001

Post by backdrop001 » Jul 18th, '07, 05:23

there was another she was in called phantom lover i really wanted to watch but could never find and if i did hopefully it would have english subs

roaceica

Post by roaceica » Jul 18th, '07, 08:07

habukie wrote:roaceica: i think it is cut down from the original to fit the TV. but then again, i can't be sure, since i watched it in the original VCD format (since i don't need subs). maybe someone who has seen both versions can answer your question for you. :-)
thanks again! and thanks for seeding this drama! got to see it again after 2 1/2 years!!!

laurhanna

Post by laurhanna » Jul 19th, '07, 15:26

This serie is english softsub or hardsubbed ?

~norealism~

Post by ~norealism~ » Jul 19th, '07, 23:47

laurhanna wrote:This serie is english softsub or hardsubbed ?
y d0 u need 2 kn0w? anyways.... its hrdsub....

Jaja

Post by Jaja » Jul 20th, '07, 03:24

Your welcome, its the only thing I can do, just inform some sources. :D
Just a few more percentage ti'll I get to see this.
roaceica wrote:@ Jaja-thanks so much for telling me. i didn't know that there are others at silentregrets such as mvs and suff...thought there were only dramas there... :roll

Dagorlad

subs

Post by Dagorlad » Jul 27th, '07, 09:46

I don't see any .srt files or any info in the first post about subs. Are the subs hard coded?

thank you,

D

habukie
AiRen
AiRen

Re: subs

Post by habukie » Jul 28th, '07, 03:29

Dagorlad wrote:I don't see any .srt files or any info in the first post about subs. Are the subs hard coded?

thank you,

D
all of jem's series have english hardsubs unless otherwise stated.