Younger Men / Toshishita no Otoko - gryzze, hakuharu, laure_choc
61%

Total votes: 95

mizune
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Japanese SoTW (6/10/2007) - Toshishita no Otoko

Post by mizune » May 28th, '07, 04:16

Theme for this week's picks are older series that have had a REALLY poor history of seeding....
:whistling:

If you're willing to seed any of the series in the poll, please post a reply here or in the JSOTW: Looking For Volunteer Seeders thread or PM any one of the Geinou. There are still several series which don't have any volunteer seeders, so do volunteer for those! The more seeders we have, the more variety there will be in the future JSoTW polls.

Many thanks go out to those seeding the current JSoTM (Meguri Ai). Thank you for your support! :salut:

In the now immortal words of thetenken........

PLEASE READ THIS ENTIRE POST. IF YOU DO NOT, YOU MAY BE LIABLE TO THETENKEN'S EXPRESSIONS OF DISPLEASURE.

Taking nominations for the next series of the week. Let me know what you want to add to the poll and I'll add it. From this point forward only series that have a volunteer seeder will be put up into the poll. People can nominate whatever they want, but the series won't become a poll option until there is a volunteer seeder...

PLEASE NOMINATE AND VOTE ONLY FOR THE DRAMAS OFF THE COMPLETED DRAMAS LIST FOUND IN THE JSOTW VOLUNTEER SEEDERS THREAD:
http://www.d-addicts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=23787
(06/14/2004: As of this date, the Series of the Week is now officially only Japanese dramas with English subtitles.)

The nominees are:

Amai Seikatsu - torrents
Homework - torrents
Younger Men / Toshishita no Otoko - torrent
Nanisama - torrents

Previous Japanese Series of the Week:
Oyaji, Otousan, Koi ga Shitai x3 (Where is Love?), Strawberry on the Shortcake (S.O.S.), Cheap Love, Big Wing, Hotman, Sutaa no Koi, From the Heart, Love Generation, A Sleeping Forest, Story of One Century, Friends, Younger Men, Merry Christmas in Summer, Shota no Sushi, Koibumi/Love Letter, Waterboys, Aoi Tori (Bluebird), Meguri Ai, Konna Koi no Hanashi, One Million Stars Falling From the Sky, News no Onna, Mukodono/My Husband, Food Fight, Heaven's Coins/Hoshi no Kinka, Forbidden Love, My Little Chef, With Love, Shopping Hero, Stand Up!!, 101st Marriage Proposal, Seija no Koushin, Maria/Mariya, Asunaro Hakusho, Summer Snow, Pretty Girls, Trick 1/2/3 (JSoTM), Itsumo Futari De, Tokyo Wankei, Denchi ga kireru made, Koi ga shitai (DVD), Wedding Planner, Suekko chonan ane sannin, Koi wo nan nen sundemasu ka/Dreams of Romance, Beach Boys, Keizoku, Nanisama, News no Onna, Aoi Tori, Midnight Rain, Chakushin Ari, Aishitteiru to itte kure (Say you love me), Dekichatta Kekkon (Shotgun Marriage), From the Heart, Ima, Ai ni Yukimasu, Princess Hiro, Double Kitchen, Joou no Kyoushitsu (Queen's Classroom), Oishii Kankei, Five Spies, Tokyo Wankei, Narita Rikon, Cheap Love, A Sleeping Forest, Merry Christmas in Summer, Konya Hitori no Beddo de, Story of One Century, Searching for My Polestar, Flowers for Algernon, Yasashii Jikan, Maria/Mariya, Style!, SP Pack (Hatsu Tsubomi / Chichi no Umi, Boku no Sora / Niji wo Kakeru Ouhi / Amagi Goe), Love & Eros, Le Bel Homme, Remote, Mada Koi wa Hajimaranai, Musashi, 100 Tales of Horror, Meguri Ai

What is a series of the week? More Info Here
Since there are now a substantial number of torrents on this site, we have implemented a "Series of the Week," where we could dedicate most of the bandwidth to a particular series during that week. This helps in a couple of ways:

1. People will know what series are available and have seeds, rather than just waiting and hoping for them to be seeded at some later date.

2. For those seeders who have DVD burners and have already burnt their collections to DVD/CD, then with the series of the week they know which series can be pulled off of DVD to help seed, minimizing troublesome multiple DVD loading.

3. Constantly re-circulates older torrents back into view, and focuses bandwidth and demand toward those specific torrents, rather than having people request series across the board.

Remember, D-Addicts was started for the community, and being a part of the community means sharing. If you don't share, then everyone loses (refer to JEM's dropping of Cdramas), and a good thing open to all may become a private party.

We take no responsibility for deleting poll entries if there are no seeds. No complaints, as this is a community effort. If the community doesn't want to share, then oh well...

Reminder: You must have at least 10 posts to vote. Go on, kiddies... explore the forum a bit... :)
Last edited by mizune on Jun 16th, '07, 22:15, edited 1 time in total.
Read the D-Addicts FAQ before asking questions.
No movies here, so please don't request. Check the Asian Movie Torrent Links.

ippanjin22

Post by ippanjin22 » May 28th, '07, 08:11

I like the theme. Thanks, mizune!

20centuryboy

Post by 20centuryboy » May 28th, '07, 12:05

Nanisama is in my top 10 of best dramas alongside orange days, ai no uta, sekachuu and a few others. It's the perfect mix for a bittersweet comedy.
Nankurunai sa!

pohgeok

Post by pohgeok » May 29th, '07, 12:00

Younger Men sounds 'interesting'...

Oshizu

Post by Oshizu » May 31st, '07, 18:22

Another great idea for a theme, chiming in with ippanjin22.
My vote's for Nanisama!
As much I'd like to see Toshishita otoko, I've seen two episodes of Nanisama! and now I really want to see the rest.
(And yes, there's one merciful seeder but we downloaders can't connect to him/her so we've all been stuck for days.)

Oshizu

Post by Oshizu » Jun 4th, '07, 02:54

I need to take back what I recently wrote.
Recently, we're connecting very nicely with our one merciful Nanisama! seeder, so we're no longer stuck.
(So now, I'm rooting for Toshishita otoko...)

suzyq24aa

I vote for Toshishita otoko

Post by suzyq24aa » Jun 9th, '07, 01:26

HI Guys;
I'm already seeding Toshishita otoko. Only one problem, I'm at 98,9% for ep. 7-11 and 7.8% for ep 1-6. So if someone will seed the whole thing, I'll keep it up there for a month.
Thanks

gryzze
Administrator
Administrator

Post by gryzze » Jun 9th, '07, 07:42

I will seed once the poll is over.

oldguy59

Post by oldguy59 » Jun 9th, '07, 19:57

Since there doesn't seem to be sufficient interest in Homework to make it SOTW, I'll VSS it. The time period will be 6/10/07 to 6/30/07.

hakuharu

Post by hakuharu » Jun 10th, '07, 08:56

Since I've already seen Toshishita no Otoko - and I liked it, because it has a nice atmosphere ^_^

Voted for Nanisama, because the cast seems to be pretty good :-) Shinohara Ryoko and Takeuchi Yuko :clap:
Ava inspired by Murakami Takashi

chokubi

Post by chokubi » Jun 14th, '07, 05:58

I've watched Nanisama up till ep7. All I can say is that it's one of the best J-dramas Ive seen so far.
Wish the acting of present day J-dramas could be as natural than their predecessors. :whistling:

senakun

Post by senakun » Jun 14th, '07, 15:14

wow.. 3rd win for Younger Men since i joined D-Addicts
. . . . . .

mizune
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Post by mizune » Jun 16th, '07, 22:14

Sorry, for the late update. Things have been... gargh...
Anyhow, Toshishita no Otoko has won this week's poll. I'll let it run a full 2 weeks until the next vote since I don't see anybody seeding it yet. Sorry for the inconvenience, folks!

New poll will be up later today...
Read the D-Addicts FAQ before asking questions.
No movies here, so please don't request. Check the Asian Movie Torrent Links.

InTr4nceWeTrust
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by InTr4nceWeTrust » Jun 29th, '07, 09:59

*GASP* I think this is the show I've been trying to find for the last 5 years or something. If it is, this is the first Japanese I've EVER watched in my LIFE and the reason I found interest in Japanese dramas. Thank you, SOTW.
*downloads*

EDIT: *GASP!!!* this IS the show I've been looking for since forever. *heart* all those that voted for this show
ありません