Japanese Taiga Series of the Month SP (4/8/2007) - Musashi

talk about and vote for the Series of the Week and Month

Which Taiga series should be the next JSoTM?

Toshiie and Matsu - oldguy59 + private seeder
23%
Aoi Tokugawa Sandai
6%
Musashi - higuma
51%
Shinsengumi - BokuWaShinigami
20%

Total votes: 104

mizune
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Japanese Taiga Series of the Month SP (4/8/2007) - Musashi

Post by mizune » Mar 29th, '07, 05:51

Sorry for the delay with the new poll again.
I've been having problems accessing the site from home... :scratch:

Anyhow, the long awaited Taiga SoTM is here!
Once decided on, the seeding period will cover 4 weeks. I know some people have expressed their desire to make it longer, but if the K and CSoTMs can pull it off on occasion, why can't we? :fear:

The selected nominees are among the more sparsely seeded Taigas currently on the tracker, however, we DO NOT have volunteer seeders for all of them! Desperately in need are seeders for Aoi Tokugawa Sandai and Tokimune Hojo. Please PM me if you can help out!

In the case that a series wins without a volunteer seeder, it's going to get bumped to the next choice... :(
meh... i guess we'll see how things go... :fear:

If you're willing to seed any of the series in the poll, please post a reply here or in the JSOTW: Looking For Volunteer Seeders thread or PM any one of the Geinou. There are still several series which don't have any volunteer seeders, so do volunteer for those! The more seeders we have, the more variety there will be in the future JSoTW polls.

Many thanks go out to those seeding the current JSoTW (Mada Koi wa Hajimaranai). Thank you for your support! :salut:

In the now immortal words of thetenken........

PLEASE READ THIS ENTIRE POST. IF YOU DO NOT, YOU MAY BE LIABLE TO THETENKEN'S EXPRESSIONS OF DISPLEASURE.

Taking nominations for the next series of the week. Let me know what you want to add to the poll and I'll add it. From this point forward only series that have a volunteer seeder will be put up into the poll. People can nominate whatever they want, but the series won't become a poll option until there is a volunteer seeder...

PLEASE NOMINATE AND VOTE ONLY FOR THE DRAMAS OFF THE COMPLETED DRAMAS LIST FOUND IN THE JSOTW VOLUNTEER SEEDERS THREAD:
http://www.d-addicts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=23787
(06/14/2004: As of this date, the Series of the Week is now officially only Japanese dramas with English subtitles.)

The nominees are:

Toshiie and Matsu - torrents
Aoi Tokugawa Sandai - torrents
Musashi - torrent
Shinsengumi - torrents
Tokimune Hojo - torrents

Previous Japanese Series of the Week:
Oyaji, Otousan, Koi ga Shitai x3 (Where is Love?), Strawberry on the Shortcake (S.O.S.), Cheap Love, Big Wing, Hotman, Sutaa no Koi, From the Heart, Love Generation, A Sleeping Forest, Story of One Century, Friends, Younger Men, Merry Christmas in Summer, Shota no Sushi, Koibumi/Love Letter, Waterboys, Aoi Tori (Bluebird), Meguri Ai, Konna Koi no Hanashi, One Million Stars Falling From the Sky, News no Onna, Mukodono/My Husband, Food Fight, Heaven's Coins/Hoshi no Kinka, Forbidden Love, My Little Chef, With Love, Shopping Hero, Stand Up!!, 101st Marriage Proposal, Seija no Koushin, Maria/Mariya, Asunaro Hakusho, Summer Snow, Pretty Girls, Trick 1/2/3 (JSoTM), Itsumo Futari De, Tokyo Wankei, Denchi ga kireru made, Koi ga shitai (DVD), Wedding Planner, Suekko chonan ane sannin, Koi wo nan nen sundemasu ka/Dreams of Romance, Beach Boys, Keizoku, Nanisama, News no Onna, Aoi Tori, Midnight Rain, Chakushin Ari, Aishitteiru to itte kure (Say you love me), Dekichatta Kekkon (Shotgun Marriage), From the Heart, Ima, Ai ni Yukimasu, Princess Hiro, Double Kitchen, Joou no Kyoushitsu (Queen's Classroom), Oishii Kankei, Five Spies, Tokyo Wankei, Narita Rikon, Cheap Love, A Sleeping Forest, Merry Christmas in Summer, Konya Hitori no Beddo de, Story of One Century, Searching for My Polestar, Flowers for Algernon, Yasashii Jikan, Maria/Mariya, Style!, SP Pack (Hatsu Tsubomi / Chichi no Umi, Boku no Sora / Niji wo Kakeru Ouhi / Amagi Goe), Love & Eros, Le Bel Homme, Remote, Mada Koi wa Hajimaranai

What is a series of the week? More Info Here
Since there are now a substantial number of torrents on this site, we have implemented a "Series of the Week," where we could dedicate most of the bandwidth to a particular series during that week. This helps in a couple of ways:

1. People will know what series are available and have seeds, rather than just waiting and hoping for them to be seeded at some later date.

2. For those seeders who have DVD burners and have already burnt their collections to DVD/CD, then with the series of the week they know which series can be pulled off of DVD to help seed, minimizing troublesome multiple DVD loading.

3. Constantly re-circulates older torrents back into view, and focuses bandwidth and demand toward those specific torrents, rather than having people request series across the board.

Remember, D-Addicts was started for the community, and being a part of the community means sharing. If you don't share, then everyone loses (refer to JEM's dropping of Cdramas), and a good thing open to all may become a private party.

We take no responsibility for deleting poll entries if there are no seeds. No complaints, as this is a community effort. If the community doesn't want to share, then oh well...

Reminder: You must have at least 10 posts to vote. Go on, kiddies... explore the forum a bit... :)
Last edited by mizune on Apr 8th, '07, 17:44, edited 4 times in total.
Read the D-Addicts FAQ before asking questions.
No movies here, so please don't request. Check the Asian Movie Torrent Links.

groink

Post by groink » Mar 29th, '07, 05:58

You should change Komyo ga Tsuji to Shinsengumi! I haven't completed the uploading of Komyo yet (still have ep47 through 49 to finish), so technically it shouldn't qualify as a SOTM candidate.

--- groink

mizune
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Post by mizune » Mar 29th, '07, 06:03

I thought I saw 49 up on the tracker a couple weeks back.... :scratch:
meh... might have just been me... :fear:

shinsengumi... sure, why not... it's got a fair number of seeds though...

marienella_m

Post by marienella_m » Mar 29th, '07, 06:20

Pls vote for Toshiie to Matsu!!!!!!!!!

ippanjin22

Post by ippanjin22 » Mar 29th, '07, 06:59

Here's my top 3:

1. Musashi
2. Tokimune Hojo
3. Toshiie and Matsu

Squall_Ryuji

Post by Squall_Ryuji » Mar 29th, '07, 11:01

Wah, all historical drama, huh ^^ i've already watched Shingsengumi and Musashi... so, Toshiie to Matsu, pls ^^

paopei

vote

Post by paopei » Mar 29th, '07, 14:20

Toshiie to Matsu, please

AhBBBoy

Post by AhBBBoy » Mar 29th, '07, 14:43

Musashi took me one and half years to download fully cause there were no seeds for long but it was well worth the wait when i finally got it all :thumright:

Animeniac

Post by Animeniac » Mar 29th, '07, 19:08

If Musashi will be chosen will you make a batch torrent?

groink

Post by groink » Mar 29th, '07, 19:21

Animeniac wrote:If Musashi will be chosen will you make a batch torrent?
That would be totally up to the original uploader. No one else - including the moderators - can change it.

--- groink

zetobelt
Argentina

Post by zetobelt » Mar 30th, '07, 02:48

Tough choice. I-ll go with MUSASHI.

arabian

Post by arabian » Mar 30th, '07, 15:12

Shinsengumi..
Taking break for quite a long time.. :-)

Oshizu

Post by Oshizu » Mar 30th, '07, 19:17

How fabulous!
I'd like to vote for the one I haven't seen yet--that would be Aoi Tokugawa sandai.
My second choice would be Hojo Tokimune, which I watched but have been unable to download.
I can help seed for Musashi, Shinsengumi, or Toshiie to Matsu.

mikomi

Post by mikomi » Mar 30th, '07, 23:58

This is awesome! I have never watched a Taiga series because the length of them is quite intimidating and seeds are always few, but I'm totally up for some Taiga series if chances are available. I voted for Musashi, hope that it will win :). Thanks for considering this mods!!!
Watching: JIN, Ohitorisama, Liar Game 2

Fujia

Post by Fujia » Apr 1st, '07, 17:24

:wub: For me are all new! :w00t: But I've keep the more voted!
Is destiny? :thumleft:
Musashi, go!

roshian

Post by roshian » Apr 1st, '07, 18:42

shinsengumi is the best

but since tokimune hojo is the only one i have been unable to terminate, i choose this one

feedmeister

Post by feedmeister » Apr 4th, '07, 05:27

I finally finished watching Toshiie & Matsu so I'm looking forward to Musashi which comes next from a historical point of view.

I learned more about the warring states period by watching T & M than I did from the Japanese history class I am taking.

No matter which Taiga drama you are voting for just remember, they aren't only fun to watch, they'll help you kick butt on Jeopardy in the Japanese history category.

mizune
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Post by mizune » Apr 7th, '07, 17:53

Wow... the poll was a lot more lopsided and in a direction I wasn't expecting... :fear:
(I was thinking Toshiie and Matsu would win, to be honest :p)

groink

Post by groink » Apr 8th, '07, 01:37

mizune wrote:Wow... the poll was a lot more lopsided and in a direction I wasn't expecting... :fear:
(I was thinking Toshiie and Matsu would win, to be honest :p)
I was thinking the exact same thing. Musashi did lousy in Japan, and I even stopped watching it about 1/4 of the way. IMHO, Musashi caused the great Blast NHK with Idols of 2005, when they did the casting for Yoshitsune - another taiga I stopped watching after ep8. NHK tried to boost ratings with Yoshitsune, trying to make a come-back from 2003 (Shinsengumi! was too late, as they started filming while Musashi was still on the air.)

Why Musashi is the most popular taiga among fans outside of Japan is beyond me. Miyamoto Musashi was a great philosopher, but as a person he was very boring. Watching him travel about week after week, with he and Otsu constantly trying to find each other (some guys just aren't cut out to be hooked up with women, ne?) And I'm sure the comb was invented by the 1500s. I mean, someone comb his weave!!!!!!

Maybe Musashi is popular because it is hard to get? That alone tends to attract the attention of Japanese drama leechers, much like how Oshin (another boring but highly-demanded drama) attracts people because of its status as the holy grail of Japanese dramas.

--- groink

mizune
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Post by mizune » Apr 8th, '07, 17:31

Musashi wins the SP Series of the "Month" Poll (technically, it's 4 weeks, but not within the span of a single month, so ehhh)!

Remember to download the NEW, working torrents for eps 28 and 34 that don't have any of the playing issues that were found in the versions originally uplaoded.

(Hmm...Maybe I should delete those torrents)...:fear:

As usual, thanks to those who seeded Mada Koi wa Hajimaranai. :)
Downloaders, please remember to seed for as long as possible to help out others who are a little slower.

We will continue the regular biweekly SoTW polls in a couple weeks. Until then, happy downloading!

BTW, does anybody have a banner they can donate to the main torrent page?
I forgot to make one this week and am not at my home computer now to make one... ^_^;

kaseki

28 and 34

Post by kaseki » Apr 18th, '07, 16:29

mizune

I don't know if Cairn is still visiting D-Addicts, but as primary seeder since June 2005, you have my agreement to kill orignial number 28. I haven't seeded it since it was replaced. I haven't checked the new 34, but if you know it to be good, you have my agreement to kill the original #34 also. Once killed, I will stop seeding it after present leechers finish.

kaseki