Japanese SoTW 3/25/07 - Mada Koi wa Hajimaranai

talk about and vote for the Series of the Week and Month

Which series should be the next JSoTW?

Poll ended at Mar 25th, '07, 19:30

Amai Seikatsu - higuma
9%
Hoshi no Kinka / Heaven's Coins - LittleGreenGrasshopper, lilswtangel, puccakiss79, Lynn Minmei
13%
Mada Koi wa Hajimaranai - oldguy59, groink
41%
Umizaru Evolution - mizune
37%

Total votes: 189

mizune
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Japanese SoTW 3/25/07 - Mada Koi wa Hajimaranai

Post by mizune » Mar 11th, '07, 19:28

An update on time! Who woulda thunk it? :lol :fear:

Rotated out Suiyoubi no Jouji since it looks like there are a few ppl seeding the batch.

As for the series of the month idea, I've decided to make it a Taiga series this time around. Don't worry though, there will be other opportunities to make another SoTM with multiple season shows.

The Taiga SoTM will take place next poll and cover 4 weeks. In the meantime, I'm still looking for more volunteer seeders for some of the older Taigas (e.g. Toshiie and Matsu, Aoi Tokugawa Sandai) to help ease the seeding burden for those who have already volunteered. I'd like to organize the seeding effort into incremental weekly stages to concentrate the seed pool on a smaller number of files at one time. Even so, it's an awful lot of seeding to take place over such a short amount of time, so please PM me if you can help out.

If you're willing to seed any of the series in the poll, please post a reply here or in the JSOTW: Looking For Volunteer Seeders thread or PM any one of the Geinou. There are still several series which don't have any volunteer seeders, so do volunteer for those! The more seeders we have, the more variety there will be in the future JSoTW polls.

Many thanks go out to those seeding the current JSoTW (Remote). Thank you for your support! :salut:

In the now immortal words of thetenken........

PLEASE READ THIS ENTIRE POST. IF YOU DO NOT, YOU MAY BE LIABLE TO THETENKEN'S EXPRESSIONS OF DISPLEASURE.

Taking nominations for the next series of the week. Let me know what you want to add to the poll and I'll add it. From this point forward only series that have a volunteer seeder will be put up into the poll. People can nominate whatever they want, but the series won't become a poll option until there is a volunteer seeder...

PLEASE NOMINATE AND VOTE ONLY FOR THE DRAMAS OFF THE COMPLETED DRAMAS LIST FOUND IN THE JSOTW VOLUNTEER SEEDERS THREAD:
http://www.d-addicts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=23787
(06/14/2004: As of this date, the Series of the Week is now officially only Japanese dramas with English subtitles.)

The nominees are:

Amai Seikatsu - torrents
Hoshi no Kinka / Heaven's Coins - torrents[version 1] or [version 2]
Mada Koi wa Hajimaranai - torrent
Umizaru Evolution - torrents

Previous Japanese Series of the Week:
Oyaji, Otousan, Koi ga Shitai x3 (Where is Love?), Strawberry on the Shortcake (S.O.S.), Cheap Love, Big Wing, Hotman, Sutaa no Koi, From the Heart, Love Generation, A Sleeping Forest, Story of One Century, Friends, Younger Men, Merry Christmas in Summer, Shota no Sushi, Koibumi/Love Letter, Waterboys, Aoi Tori (Bluebird), Meguri Ai, Konna Koi no Hanashi, One Million Stars Falling From the Sky, News no Onna, Mukodono/My Husband, Food Fight, Heaven's Coins/Hoshi no Kinka, Forbidden Love, My Little Chef, With Love, Shopping Hero, Stand Up!!, 101st Marriage Proposal, Seija no Koushin, Maria/Mariya, Asunaro Hakusho, Summer Snow, Pretty Girls, Trick 1/2/3 (JSoTM), Itsumo Futari De, Tokyo Wankei, Denchi ga kireru made, Koi ga shitai (DVD), Wedding Planner, Suekko chonan ane sannin, Koi wo nan nen sundemasu ka/Dreams of Romance, Beach Boys, Keizoku, Nanisama, News no Onna, Aoi Tori, Midnight Rain, Chakushin Ari, Aishitteiru to itte kure (Say you love me), Dekichatta Kekkon (Shotgun Marriage), From the Heart, Ima, Ai ni Yukimasu, Princess Hiro, Double Kitchen, Joou no Kyoushitsu (Queen's Classroom), Oishii Kankei, Five Spies, Tokyo Wankei, Narita Rikon, Cheap Love, A Sleeping Forest, Merry Christmas in Summer, Konya Hitori no Beddo de, Story of One Century, Searching for My Polestar, Flowers for Algernon, Yasashii Jikan, Maria/Mariya, Style!, SP Pack (Hatsu Tsubomi / Chichi no Umi, Boku no Sora / Niji wo Kakeru Ouhi / Amagi Goe), Love & Eros, Le Bel Homme, Remote

What is a series of the week? More Info Here
Since there are now a substantial number of torrents on this site, we have implemented a "Series of the Week," where we could dedicate most of the bandwidth to a particular series during that week. This helps in a couple of ways:

1. People will know what series are available and have seeds, rather than just waiting and hoping for them to be seeded at some later date.

2. For those seeders who have DVD burners and have already burnt their collections to DVD/CD, then with the series of the week they know which series can be pulled off of DVD to help seed, minimizing troublesome multiple DVD loading.

3. Constantly re-circulates older torrents back into view, and focuses bandwidth and demand toward those specific torrents, rather than having people request series across the board.

Remember, D-Addicts was started for the community, and being a part of the community means sharing. If you don't share, then everyone loses (refer to JEM's dropping of Cdramas), and a good thing open to all may become a private party.

We take no responsibility for deleting poll entries if there are no seeds. No complaints, as this is a community effort. If the community doesn't want to share, then oh well...

Reminder: You must have at least 10 posts to vote. Go on, kiddies... explore the forum a bit... :)
Last edited by mizune on Mar 27th, '07, 04:14, edited 2 times in total.

mizune
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Post by mizune » Mar 11th, '07, 19:35

BTW, I volunteered myself to seed Umizaru (b/c I've been too busy to download and watch much stuff these days :(, so I might as well use the b/w to seed something ^_^; ), but I could use some help given the flaky nature of my internet connection... :mrgreen: :whistling:
Any help would be appreciated!

Grc733

Post by Grc733 » Mar 11th, '07, 19:37

I thought I should point out that there is no otion to vote for umizaru, I looked to see but there's only three options up to vote for.
ImageImage

mizune
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Post by mizune » Mar 11th, '07, 19:38

^ :whistling:

Demz

Post by Demz » Mar 11th, '07, 19:59

Mada Koi wa Hajimaranai, bring on anything with Tokiwa Takako on it. Would be nice to watch this while waiting for more subs for Kabachitare.

Grc733

Post by Grc733 » Mar 11th, '07, 20:09

AWWW man I wanted to vote for umizaru.... :(
ImageImage

ippanjin22

Post by ippanjin22 » Mar 11th, '07, 20:43

Here's my order:
1. Amai Seikatsu/ La Dolce Vita (very interesting story, gets my vote)
2. Mada Koi wa Hajimaranai (for Tokiwa Takako and Koizumi Kyoko)
3. Hoshi no Kinka (saw it, would vote for Season 2, though)
4. Umizaru (saw it on TV last year, too recent)

ushiushi

Re: Japanese SoTW Poll - ends 3/25/07

Post by ushiushi » Mar 11th, '07, 21:54

Only 4 weeks for a Taiga? Should be more like 4 months . . that's how long it took me to finish Yoshitsune. :mrgreen:

Hm, about this week's SoTW: a few months ago people on a comm I frequent suddenly went nuts over Remote . . is it really worth checking out or is it just another one of those "lead guy is hot = A++" dramas? :glare:

paopei

vote

Post by paopei » Mar 12th, '07, 03:20

Umizaru

Terryb

Post by Terryb » Mar 12th, '07, 08:10

Mada Koi wa Hajimaranai gets my vote :)

(sadly the dorama I vote for, never gets picketd to be SOTW -__-)

Sukachu
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Sukachu » Mar 12th, '07, 14:43

Would like to nominate Shinsengumi for the upcoming Taiga SoTm.

zetobelt
Argentina

Post by zetobelt » Mar 12th, '07, 22:46

And the winner is... Umizaru! ;)

thtlam

Post by thtlam » Mar 13th, '07, 02:04

Umizaru :D

Aroth

Post by Aroth » Mar 14th, '07, 05:53

hum probably betwen the 2 last one

marienella_m

Post by marienella_m » Mar 14th, '07, 06:17

Umizaru!!! for taiga, i hope it will be Toshiie to Matsu. I agree that taiga seeding should be 4 months, 1 month is too short and there are 49 episodes to download.:)

freecosmo

Post by freecosmo » Mar 14th, '07, 10:08

Mada Koi wa Hajimaranai...... Hope it wins.....

cherrychi

Umizaru please!

Post by cherrychi » Mar 14th, '07, 12:43

I voted for Umizaru! :)

I watched half of the second Umizaru movie a couple of months ago and it was really good! So I'm guessing the drama will be good too, can't wait to watch it :)

arabian

Post by arabian » Mar 14th, '07, 13:02

I'd love to see Umizaru Evolution..
Taking break for quite a long time.. :-)

mizune
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Post by mizune » Mar 15th, '07, 01:38

I would actually vote for Mada Koi wa Hajimaranai , myself... :fear:

drZero

Post by drZero » Mar 15th, '07, 06:15

Mada Koi wa Hajimaranai for me :)
Give and you shall receive... :P

Oshizu

Post by Oshizu » Mar 19th, '07, 20:47

What a fabulous idea to offer Taiga dramas as the JSOtM.
It would be great if the 49 episodes could be batched into six files as in the case of Toshiie and Matsu.
A batch of around 8 files is much more manageable size for uploading and downloading than the humungous Shinsengumi, yet it's much less hassle than handling individual files like Yoshitsune/Musashi.
Would this enable the 49 episodes to be seeded/downloaded for six weeks or so (?) instead of four months? Hmmm...

steven1973sg

Post by steven1973sg » Mar 22nd, '07, 08:29

Umizaru pls!
I do not want the ending part; I just want the happy part...

mallorn

Post by mallorn » Mar 22nd, '07, 11:08

Mada Koi wa Hajiramanai sounds good, so it has my vote!
downloading dramas in secret..... shhhhh!

Currently Watching: Prosecutor Princess, Conspiracy in the Court

Neji-sama

Post by Neji-sama » Mar 22nd, '07, 19:07

Voted for Umizaru =)

yakuruto_kun

Post by yakuruto_kun » Mar 25th, '07, 19:19

I know nuts about any of the nominees, but Mada Koi wa Hajimaranai looks more appealing so it got my vote.

groink

Post by groink » Mar 26th, '07, 07:51

Add me to the Mada Koi wa Hajimaranai volunteer seed list. It is still sitting on my server.

--- groink

mizune
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Post by mizune » Mar 27th, '07, 04:03

Mada Koi wa Hajimaranai is the winner this poll!
If somebody has a 150x150 banner they could donate for Mada Koi, I'll put it up...

Remember to keep seeding the previous SoTW, Remote, for as long as possible.

Next poll will be the Taiga series of the month special!
:)
Read the D-Addicts FAQ before asking questions.
No movies here, so please don't request. Check the Asian Movie Torrent Links.

groink

Post by groink » Mar 27th, '07, 12:33

mizune wrote:If somebody has a 150x150 banner they could donate for Mada Koi, I'll put it up...
Try this one... I took the OST CD's front cover and modified it to fit the theme.

--- groink
Attachments
Mada_JSOTW.jpg
Mada_JSOTW.jpg (29.52 KiB) Viewed 3333 times

mizune
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Post by mizune » Mar 29th, '07, 06:06

thanks for the pic!
Read the D-Addicts FAQ before asking questions.
No movies here, so please don't request. Check the Asian Movie Torrent Links.