Saiyuuki / Journey to the West - sorvani, SakuraG89
33%

Total votes: 176

mizune
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Japanese SoTW Poll (12/24/2006) - Maria / Mariya

Post by mizune » Dec 16th, '06, 06:20

Once again, sorry about the REALLY delayed poll vote this week.
It's just been one of those weeks... :/

Anyhow, since I didn't really have the time to get things organized properly, I'm going to put off the SP pack trial until after the holidays. I apologize if anybody was really looking forward to it, but there are still a couple minor logistical issues I haven't hammered out yet, so....

This'll be a quick poll, so get your votes in by Xmas Eve!

If you're willing to seed any of the series in the poll, please post a reply here or in the JSOTW: Looking For Volunteer Seeders thread or PM any one of the Geinou. There are still several series which don't have any volunteer seeders, so do volunteer for those! The more seeders we have, the more variety there will be in the future JSoTW polls.

Many thanks go out to those seeding the current JSoTW (Yasashii Jikan). Thank you for your support! :salut:

In the now immortal words of thetenken........

PLEASE READ THIS ENTIRE POST. IF YOU DO NOT, YOU MAY BE LIABLE TO THETENKEN'S EXPRESSIONS OF DISPLEASURE.

Taking nominations for the next series of the week. Let me know what you want to add to the poll and I'll add it. From this point forward only series that have a volunteer seeder will be put up into the poll. People can nominate whatever they want, but the series won't become a poll option until there is a volunteer seeder...

PLEASE NOMINATE AND VOTE ONLY FOR THE DRAMAS OFF THE COMPLETED DRAMAS LIST FOUND IN THE JSOTW VOLUNTEER SEEDERS THREAD:
http://www.d-addicts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=23787
(06/14/2004: As of this date, the Series of the Week is now officially only Japanese dramas with English subtitles.)

The nominees are:

Koi Seyo Otome - torrents
Concerto - torrents
Maria - torrents
Saiyuuki / Journey to the West - torrent

Previous Japanese Series of the Week:
Oyaji, Otousan, Koi ga Shitai x3 (Where is Love?), Strawberry on the Shortcake (S.O.S.), Cheap Love, Big Wing, Hotman, Sutaa no Koi, From the Heart, Love Generation, A Sleeping Forest, Story of One Century, Friends, Younger Men, Merry Christmas in Summer, Shota no Sushi, Koibumi/Love Letter, Waterboys, Aoi Tori (Bluebird), Meguri Ai, Konna Koi no Hanashi, One Million Stars Falling From the Sky, News no Onna, Mukodono/My Husband, Food Fight, Heaven's Coins/Hoshi no Kinka, Forbidden Love, My Little Chef, With Love, Shopping Hero, Stand Up!!, 101st Marriage Proposal, Seija no Koushin, Maria/Mariya, Asunaro Hakusho, Summer Snow, Pretty Girls, Trick 1/2/3 (JSoTM), Itsumo Futari De, Tokyo Wankei, Denchi ga kireru made, Koi ga shitai (DVD), Wedding Planner, Suekko chonan ane sannin, Koi wo nan nen sundemasu ka/Dreams of Romance, Beach Boys, Keizoku, Nanisama, News no Onna, Aoi Tori, Midnight Rain, Chakushin Ari, Aishitteiru to itte kure (Say you love me), Dekichatta Kekkon (Shotgun Marriage), From the Heart, Ima, Ai ni Yukimasu, Princess Hiro, Double Kitchen, Joou no Kyoushitsu (Queen's Classroom), Oishii Kankei, Five Spies, Tokyo Wankei, Narita Rikon, Cheap Love, A Sleeping Forest, Merry Christmas in Summer, Konya Hitori no Beddo de, Story of One Century, Searching for My Polestar, Flowers for Algernon, Yasashii Jikan

What is a series of the week? More Info Here
Since there are now a substantial number of torrents on this site, we have implemented a "Series of the Week," where we could dedicate most of the bandwidth to a particular series during that week. This helps in a couple of ways:

1. People will know what series are available and have seeds, rather than just waiting and hoping for them to be seeded at some later date.

2. For those seeders who have DVD burners and have already burnt their collections to DVD/CD, then with the series of the week they know which series can be pulled off of DVD to help seed, minimizing troublesome multiple DVD loading.

3. Constantly re-circulates older torrents back into view, and focuses bandwidth and demand toward those specific torrents, rather than having people request series across the board.

Remember, D-Addicts was started for the community, and being a part of the community means sharing. If you don't share, then everyone loses (refer to JEM's dropping of Cdramas), and a good thing open to all may become a private party.

We take no responsibility for deleting poll entries if there are no seeds. No complaints, as this is a community effort. If the community doesn't want to share, then oh well...

Reminder: You must have at least 10 posts to vote. Go on, kiddies... explore the forum a bit... :)
Last edited by mizune on Dec 27th, '06, 14:52, edited 2 times in total.

iLuvU4eTerniTy

HAHA IM FIRST!

Post by iLuvU4eTerniTy » Dec 16th, '06, 08:10

OMG AM I THE FIRST TO POST? HAHAHA I ALWAYS WANTED TO SAY THIS ON WOOT

melich

Post by melich » Dec 16th, '06, 09:21

It's great Maria is leading! Among all the nominees it's the only not currently being seeded. So I hope more people would vote for it!

alliemon

Post by alliemon » Dec 16th, '06, 09:43

I voted for Maria. Sounds so good~~

marienella_m

Post by marienella_m » Dec 16th, '06, 12:13

let's vote for Maria!!!:)

arabian

Post by arabian » Dec 16th, '06, 12:29

I voted for maria..
Taking break for quite a long time.. :-)

elsiey

Post by elsiey » Dec 17th, '06, 16:01

<b>Koi Seyo Otome</b>!!! 'cause it sounds sooooooo cute!! XDD

Demz

Post by Demz » Dec 17th, '06, 16:29

Voted for Saiyuuki / Journey to the West. I once started this serie but never had time to finish it.

giagurrl

Post by giagurrl » Dec 17th, '06, 19:13

i voted for maria, sounds interesting.

ushiushi

Post by ushiushi » Dec 18th, '06, 02:47

Cool, Saiyuuki is one of my favs and one of the most underrated series out there because everyone keeps comparing it to the 100 Chinese versions. But for someone who has never seen any other version, it's fantastic, engaging and the only action jdrama I know of.

With that said, I voted for Concerto because I always feel sorry for the underdog. ^_^

paopei

vote

Post by paopei » Dec 18th, '06, 08:02

Maria :roll

Catinka

Post by Catinka » Dec 18th, '06, 09:04

my vote goes to "Maria"

sorvani

Post by sorvani » Dec 19th, '06, 04:39

to make sure i was ready to seed, i reloaded the torrents for saiyuuki and ep8 failed the recheck by 1 piece, but other than that i'm solid to seed if it wins.

I voted for Maria simply bcause that is the only show listed i haven't downloaded yet. :) Although i have not watched Koi Seyo Otome or Concerto even though i downloaded them.
Sorvani

RieRie

Post by RieRie » Dec 19th, '06, 16:21

i voted for saiyuuki...i really wanna watch it..

sherriebes

Post by sherriebes » Dec 20th, '06, 04:26

Im voting for saiyuuki
Sherriebes Loves Takuya Kimura
Spread SMAP to Everyone!

Fujia

Post by Fujia » Dec 20th, '06, 09:31

:wub: I vote for "Maria". For you Doc! :thumleft:

drZero

Post by drZero » Dec 20th, '06, 09:33

Go Go Go Maria :lol
Give and you shall receive... :P

polecat1

Post by polecat1 » Dec 20th, '06, 12:06

Let it be MARIA!!!! :roll
It has japanese subs!!! It's so god damn good for japanese learners!!! :-) :thumright:

nerzie

Post by nerzie » Dec 20th, '06, 22:23

it just HAVE to be Maria!

paganfiregoddess

Post by paganfiregoddess » Dec 21st, '06, 07:27

OMG....the series all sound good this week. I'm just getting into jdrama so I haven't seen any of these yet. :O I just don't know what to choose! :sweat:

KaDeBee

Post by KaDeBee » Dec 21st, '06, 10:54

:unsure: What should I do? I've dl-ed and seen all the nominees ... but at last I've voted for Maria too :whistling: ...
Actually want to help you with seeding, but I won't be at home those 2 weeks :-( ... so sorry ...
Anyway, I want to nominate Meguri Ai (Refrain) for the next Flashback JSOTW, at the moment all torrents don't have any seeder ... please, don't let this drama die ...
so, thankyou and ho, ho, ho, Merry Christmas everyone !!

20centuryboy

Post by 20centuryboy » Dec 21st, '06, 11:09

It's tight between Maria and Sayuuki!!

usually the winner is decided on the first day!!! :D
Nankurunai sa!

ap0stat3

Post by ap0stat3 » Dec 23rd, '06, 06:13

sayuuki .... based on anime i guess..

i think i'll vote for Maria. :-)

faith

Post by faith » Dec 24th, '06, 05:12

Saiyuuki.....pretty please

sorvani

Post by sorvani » Dec 24th, '06, 05:18

ap0stat3 wrote:sayuuki .... based on anime i guess..

i think i'll vote for Maria. :-)
Saiyuuki has absolutely nothing to do with the anime, aside from the fact that they are both interpretations of the same chinese tale.
Sorvani

mizune
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Post by mizune » Dec 24th, '06, 21:30

Winner for this Xmas week is Maria!
wow, that race was a lot closer than I was expecting, but... meh...:fear:

Seeders, please feel free to start seeding the series.
And for everybody else, please remember to keep seeding Yasashii Jikan for as long as possible to help out the stragglers...

Um, I'll get around to making a new poll either tonight or tomorrow...
And I think it'll be a Flashback poll since we haven't had one for awhile...

Merry Xmas everybody!
:)