Vote for June's KSOTM (Jem series have been removed)

talk about and vote for the Series of the Week and Month

What should be the next kSOTM?

Poll ended at May 26th, '04, 04:01

Hotelier
50%
Summer Scent
24%
Winter Sonata
26%

Total votes: 114

puccakiss79
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Vote for June's KSOTM (Jem series have been removed)

Post by puccakiss79 » May 8th, '04, 04:01

Winner will be announced on Sun., May 30th and seeding will begin Mon., May 31st.
Jem's releases have been removed from the poll we appologize for those votes that are wasted but this is out of our hands.

@seeders, thank you for volunteering. Please let me know if I made any mistakes when listing your usernames or if you are unable to seed for the month of June. If you would like to seed please post what series you are able to help with in the "SEEDERS WANTED" thread or pm iceberri. :)

What is the Korean Series of the Month?
kSOTM is a featured series that will have seeding for a month.

Why have a kSOTM?
1. People will know what series is available and have seeds, rather than just waiting and hoping.
2. Seeders that have archived the winning series on DVD/CD's will know which series to pull off of DVD/CD, minimizing troublesome multiple DVD/CD loading.
3. Re-circulates older torrents back into view, and focuses bandwidth and demand toward those specific torrents, rather than having people request series across the board.

How does kSOTM work?
The first two weeks of kSOTW will be dedicated to the first half of the series. The last two weeks of the month would be dedicated to the second half of a series. For each half, the second week of dedicated seeding would be similar to the current SOTW second week; a week for peers to play catch up.

Will torrents from other sites be uploaded or linked to d-addicts?
Only aznV.net torrents will be included w/ other d-addict's completed kdramas. For aznV.net's torrents, f you click on the DL link on the torrent list, it will take you to aznV.net's site where you can d/l the torrents. If Winter Sonata is a winner, we will do the same for the first 6 torrents of that series.

How does a series get selected as a candidate for the poll?
There will be six candidates per poll, each needs to be completed and have enough volunteering seeds. You may nominate candidates for next month's poll in this thread. We have permission to include kdramas from aznV.net's and d-addict's trackers in our poll.

June's Candidates(all candidates are english subtitled)

Hotelier-http://www.koreanwiz.org/drama-hotelier.html
(anh_thanh, aznkoodies, gfngfgf, hakurey, kumukurukuk, miriko, o0Tsukushi0o, puccakiss79)

Summer Scent-http://www.koreanwiz.org/drama-summer.html
(aznkoodies, gfngfgf, in-sung, kboy107, leeunit, mangosteen, ph3412, puccakiss79, Scyth3r, seirin)

Winter Sonata-http://www.koreanwiz.org/drama-winter.html
(aznkoodies, hakurey, gfngfgf, iceberri, kboy107, leeunit, miriko, o0Tsukishi0o, ph3412, puccakiss79)

Good Luck! :w00t:
Last edited by puccakiss79 on Jul 12th, '04, 20:37, edited 7 times in total.

iceberri
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by iceberri » May 8th, '04, 04:03

It looks awesome unni! :w00t: I think *I'm* going to save my vote until the last minute too like you did last time... it can really influence the results sometimes! I guess I'll start working on each of these collages when I have the time... then just have it saved so I can drag it out of my folders whenever one of them win. :D

bludawn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by bludawn » May 8th, '04, 04:09

i voted for the same as last time
shh it's secret tho ^^

maxstlg

Post by maxstlg » May 8th, '04, 04:10

awww..... shucks. Attic Cat is not included :-(

Scyth3r

Post by Scyth3r » May 8th, '04, 04:26

I can help out on Beautiful Days, Bright Girls Success Story, and Winter Sonata also now.... (though I'm not 24/7 like you guys, but rather when I have the time.)

Goooo Beautiful Days! Shin Min Ah!!!! :wub:

nnguyen11490

Post by nnguyen11490 » May 8th, '04, 04:37

I hope Bright Girl wins. I'm currently trying to download episode 5 from jem, but it's taking forever because of no seeders :cry:

kboy107

Post by kboy107 » May 8th, '04, 04:43

nice job with the thread puccakiss79....I can help with summer scent as well as with the winter sonata...but like scyth3r....I can only help at certain times.....

...you saved your vote huh... :glare: ...sneaky....seems like my vote for Bright Girl's success went down the tubes last time...we'll see about this time... 8)
People are like stained glass windows, they sparkle and shine when the sun is out, but when the darkness sets in, true beauty is revealed only if there is light within. - Elizabeth Kubler Rose

puccakiss79
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by puccakiss79 » May 8th, '04, 04:48

kboy107 wrote:nice job with the thread puccakiss79....I can help with summer scent as well as with the winter sonata...but like scyth3r....I can only help at certain times.....
thanks

seeders, don't worry about not being able to constantly seed :) w/ two weeks to share half a series we don't expect anyone to do that and don't feel obligated to either.
kboy107 wrote: ...you saved your vote huh... :glare: ...sneaky....seems like my vote for Bright Girl's success went down the tubes last time...we'll see about this time... 8)
i had to stop myself from adding my 2 cents about each candidate...no more advertising for me...LOL...i said Loving you was going to win in the last thread and it did. :P

will fix pictures

iceberri
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by iceberri » May 8th, '04, 05:00

puccakiss79 wrote:i had to stop myself from adding my 2 cents about each candidate...no more advertising for me...LOL...i said Loving you was going to win in the last thread and it did. :P
LOLOL. Well I think it was more a result that Loving You was released a while ago, (over the summer, methinks?), so a lot of people missed the chance to grab the series. I mean, if you consider all the bashing Loving You went through, I thought BD was going to win for sure! Everyon was commenting "BD was the best series I ever saw" etc etc while Loving You had some of the most extreme opinions ever! xPP
maxstlg wrote:awww..... shucks. Attic Cat is not included :-(
Sorry! We had to make room for Winter Sonata and Summer Scent. Next month, it'll most likely be on rotation again. :)

If you're willing to volunteer to seed for a particular series, PLEASE PM ME, or POST in the "Seeders Wanted for a new kSOTM" thread. That way, I don't have to run around looking for who offered to seed what in the multiple threads that have been created. This will save me some confusion when I edit the thread, so I don't accidentally sign you up for something you don't have. (Sorry for doing that last time. =P) If you could do this, this would help me out a lot! Thanks.

saturn

Post by saturn » May 8th, '04, 05:45

moi miss ROYOW :cry:

Tai8318

Post by Tai8318 » May 8th, '04, 16:10

out of the dramas listed i dunt have Hotelier or Summer Scent so i voted for Hotelier, but it doesnt seem likely to win xD

i can help seed ne of the other series if they win ^^

shirahime

Post by shirahime » May 8th, '04, 16:29

hm dunno where to put my vote, as usual, I've already seen all of them. I might want to rewatch Hotelier since it's in korean audio here............or just for collection.
I think I'll save my vote until the end, sounds like a good thing to do hehe

hakurey

Post by hakurey » May 8th, '04, 16:38

hmmmm everyone seems to be holding onto their votes.
so i'll ask the question "what's the going price for votes in this KSOTM?" :lol
What kind of adult we'll be depends on what it'll leave us.
Where did you steal this sentence from?

kboy107

Post by kboy107 » May 8th, '04, 17:11

hakurey wrote:hmmmm everyone seems to be holding onto their votes.
LOL :lol ....it seems like there will be a last minute rush to the polls on May 29th...or is it the 30th?....My first choice is sort of failing right now, but who knows...by the end of the month it might pull through....I'll have to wait and see
People are like stained glass windows, they sparkle and shine when the sun is out, but when the darkness sets in, true beauty is revealed only if there is light within. - Elizabeth Kubler Rose

iceberri
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by iceberri » May 8th, '04, 19:26

hakurey wrote:hmmmm everyone seems to be holding onto their votes.
so very corrupt! First "artsy" movies, then bidding for votes! :O What'll it be next??
kboy107 wrote:My first choice is sort of failing right now, but who knows...by the end of the month it might pull through....I'll have to wait and see
There's over 3 weeks left. <Anything> can happen in 3 weeks. :)

sel

Post by sel » May 8th, '04, 23:19

sry to ask this question again...is all of this serie will have eng sub...thanks..i luv this site.... :wub:

puccakiss79
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by puccakiss79 » May 8th, '04, 23:32

sel wrote:sry to ask this question again...is all of this serie will have eng sub...thanks..i luv this site.... :wub:
actually, i would say this is a good question because we never specified this yet...June's candidates will have english subtitles. If ppl want to nominate series that have chinese subs instead and there are enough volunteers to seed, we will consider it for the next poll. And we'll just let the voters duke it out in the polls. Thanks for bringing this up...i will update my first post. :)

aNToK
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by aNToK » May 8th, '04, 23:48

The June month is funny for me in a frustrating way. The first time I ordered asian dvds online, I got Bright Girl, Hotelier, Winter Sonata, and My Love Patzzi (along with the Jdrama Fighting Girl, which was crap quality and I still haven't finished watching 5 months later...). Funny, I didn't realize all but one were Korean when I bought them...

I have the Jem release of Beautiful Days I might be able to help seed. Original files, but burned onto cd. I also have the individual episodes AND the 1-10 and 11-20 repack of "Summer Scent" from aznv.net. The repack all have a little black line down the far right side of the screen, while the individual ones don't. Should be the exact same files except the first 3 or 4, but I'm not sure. If it wins, let me know which version we're releasing and I'll help seed.

puccakiss79
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by puccakiss79 » May 8th, '04, 23:51

thanks aNTok, i'm sure i'll be able to find you around somewhere :P

iceberri
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by iceberri » May 9th, '04, 00:25

So aNTok, do you want me to add you onto the list of seeders, or no? :)

aNToK
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by aNToK » May 9th, '04, 02:08

Looks like Beautiful Days is winning big time, so sure. As soon as I finish a few downloads tonight, I'm moving my new innards into my server case to replace the pos that's in there now. (I'm typing this on a "computer" that consists of a mobo sitting on a towel on my desk, a power supply, and a hard drive sitting by my keyboard. Power button is a little Radio Shack switch hanging off the side that I usually use for testing...!!)

So sure, I'll seed Beautiful Days when the time comes!!! I'll just need the torrents to connect to the files when I transfer them back.

Wish I had .avi's for the other series so I can help, but I got them when I was new to all this and never had a need to convert my dvd's!!

ooijanice

Post by ooijanice » May 9th, '04, 12:39

Just to confirm.....so if "Beautiful Days" :wub: win than it's gonna be the KSOTM for June 04 and it will be in English sub. , right ??? Wow...that'll be great. Thanks a million. I just discoved this site & I'm beginng to luv it already.

iceberri
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by iceberri » May 9th, '04, 13:06

ooijanice wrote:Just to confirm.....so if "Beautiful Days" :wub: win than it's gonna be the KSOTM for June 04 and it will be in English sub. , right ??? Wow...that'll be great. Thanks a million. I just discoved this site & I'm beginng to luv it already.
Welcome to d-addicts. :) Glad you find it to your liking already! Yes, you're exactly right. Beautiful Days has english subs, and you can find them over at Jem's site. For more info, refer to the first post of this thread.

bobdoedoe

Post by bobdoedoe » May 9th, '04, 21:16

beautiful days is giving the rest a butt whoopin. Why reseed summer scent when the 2 files are still being seeded at aznv.net?

leeunit

Post by leeunit » May 9th, '04, 23:21

Just because a drama currently has seeds doesn't mean it doesn't deserve the honor of being ksotm!

puccakiss79
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by puccakiss79 » May 10th, '04, 00:27

well, summer scent wasn't on last month's poll so i wanted to see how it would fair out along the other series...it would have been that or Attic Cat...since Attic Cat was no where near winning last month i thought giving SS a run wouldn't hurt. Besides right now, SS 11-20 torrent is number one on top ten torrents needing seeding list. You can't really tell if any of the candidates will be seeded continuously throughout the three weeks of voting.

o0Tsukushi0o

Post by o0Tsukushi0o » May 10th, '04, 01:06

I'm voting for Beautiful Days again.

LITTLEteaPOToo17

vote for kdrama for month of june

Post by LITTLEteaPOToo17 » May 10th, '04, 01:35

i just voted...but it doesn't seen like me intened request is doing so good...maybe it can still come out on top.... :D
LITTLEteaPOToo017

qingniq

Post by qingniq » May 10th, '04, 01:48

looks like it's going to be Beautiful Days, can't wait!
this KSOTM thing's great, so clever! :)
^_^v

babyguh

Post by babyguh » May 10th, '04, 02:24

wow huh this ksotm is so coo i been hea fo a while but stopped fo a while cuz mah comp was crashin but glad its workin again so i could d/l more..hehehebut i wonder y is it only Korean but nothing else or is there and i m missing it well keep up good work and clever ideas hehehe i vooted fo hotelier cuz its a long series that is hard to get all episodes in ...thanx much daddicts...=)

iceberri
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by iceberri » May 10th, '04, 02:38

babyguh -> The current SOTW covers Jdrama. kSOTM actually branched off of SOTW so now we have two running simultaneously. :) Well, actually they're out of phase, so that seeders don't end up seeding two things at once. :P The current kSOTM is Loving You from Jem's site.

babyguh

Post by babyguh » May 10th, '04, 16:09

ooooh haha i didnt kno those pictures at top of torernts was the series of the week and stuff heehh interesting so theres one fo jap and korea koo hehe well i guess the chnese ones dont hav much pepo tryin to get it huh ehehh thanx fo answerin mah question iceberri

leeunit

Post by leeunit » May 10th, '04, 17:46

lol we might as well just end the poll now, beautiful days is winning in a landslide.

kumukurukuk

Post by kumukurukuk » May 10th, '04, 18:15

YOohoo beautiful days, I just have the first episode and it looks like a very intense drama, and OMG I can't wait to see Lee byung hun!!!!!
ImageImageImage

shirahime

Post by shirahime » May 10th, '04, 23:00

kumukurukuk wrote:YOohoo beautiful days, I just have the first episode and it looks like a very intense drama, and OMG I can't wait to see Lee byung hun!!!!!
This babe?
I love her songs :wub:

iceberri
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by iceberri » May 10th, '04, 23:15

Lee Byung Hun is the lead male actor. Lee Jung Hyun is the singer whose pictures you posted. I <3 Lee Jung Hyun's songs... ^____^ My favorite are Dara Dara, Michyo, Nuh, and Wah.

shirahime

Post by shirahime » May 10th, '04, 23:20

I love all her songs but "suri suri masusi" is my all time favorit
I have pretty much all her albums

iceberri
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by iceberri » May 10th, '04, 23:25

I only have one of her albums.. "I Love Natural" and a few select songs I managed to find. Unfortunately, sites like Solid don't really place a great emphasis on Lee Jung Hyun's music.. *sighs* I try to scrape what I can so I have one album in .wma format and a few of her popular songs. =X

I learned about her from my korean friend who owned most of her cds. We were roommates at a summer camp, so basically I spent about 8 weeks listening to a mixture of her favorite korean music. I knew about most of them already, but some artists were new to me: like Lee Jung Hyun and Park Ji Yoon. However, Park Ji Yoon -- I only really like the song 'Adult Ceremony'.

Scyth3r

Post by Scyth3r » May 11th, '04, 05:42

If you like LJH, go to her fan site...

http://www.jhlove.com

You can watch streaming videos of her most popular songs at least and see what else you might like. I <3 LJH as well. Her performances are very entertaining, and her music videos are usually kinda quirky entertaining as well.

shirahime

Post by shirahime » May 11th, '04, 10:34

iceberri wrote:I only have one of her albums.. "I Love Natural" and a few select songs I managed to find. Unfortunately, sites like Solid don't really place a great emphasis on Lee Jung Hyun's music.. *sighs* I try to scrape what I can so I have one album in .wma format and a few of her popular songs. =X

I learned about her from my korean friend who owned most of her cds. We were roommates at a summer camp, so basically I spent about 8 weeks listening to a mixture of her favorite korean music. I knew about most of them already, but some artists were new to me: like Lee Jung Hyun and Park Ji Yoon. However, Park Ji Yoon -- I only really like the song 'Adult Ceremony'.
Oh, I have her albums in mp3, "magic to go to my star" is the best, "I love natural" is also good, one summer album I dont remember the name on and one old album with the song "you" in it. I got them all from chinese mp3 sites a while ago, dont think the site is up any more. I could upload some of the albums here but then d-addicts is only for drama related.... :P

Tai8318

Post by Tai8318 » May 11th, '04, 16:18

i was excited about Beautiful Days cuz Shin Min Ah is in it.. Finding out Lee Jung Hyun was also in it & then discovering Choe Ji Woo really made me fall in love with this drama

this drama is excellent (tho in the end it kinda drags on)..

kumukurukuk

Post by kumukurukuk » May 11th, '04, 18:01

shirahime wrote:
kumukurukuk wrote:YOohoo beautiful days, I just have the first episode and it looks like a very intense drama, and OMG I can't wait to see Lee byung hun!!!!!
This babe?
I love her songs :wub:
I'm not talking about her ..., I'm Talking about the main male character Lee Byung hun
ImageImageImage

Kai Lien
AiRen
AiRen

Post by Kai Lien » May 11th, '04, 19:17

I have seen all of these except for Summer Scent and Beautiful Days. I just voted for Beautiful Days though. Bah, now I'm kinda regretting it. I'm too fickle. Actually I didn't want to vote so soon but last time I was going to vote last minute and I forgot and the contest was over already. he heh.

sleepynim79

hotelier

Post by sleepynim79 » May 12th, '04, 01:41

i hope hotelier wins but i think it probably
won't. :(
to sleep is to live. there is no die.

CtrlV

Re: hotelier

Post by CtrlV » May 12th, '04, 17:53

sleepynim79 wrote:i hope hotelier wins but i think it probably
won't. :(
same here, i voted for that one this time as well as last, oh well, id be happy with beautiful days too, seeing as it is very popular and i havent seen it yet. maybe hotelier will do better next month. winter sonata and summer scents are available all over the place, and i think the reason they arent winning is that most everyone already has them, since they are imo classic ones (at least winter sonata is). ws is what made me want to see hotelier, since everyone says the main lead is a lot better in that one (forgot his name)

mangosteen
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by mangosteen » May 12th, '04, 18:04

I'm sorry. I don't think I can be a seeder for this project until September. I left my school where I used cable for Internet access. My grandparents' house where i'm living now, in summer vacation, has Internet but the speed is :crazy: :-( . I even can't download Loving you anymore. So, I'm sorry you all.

puccakiss79
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by puccakiss79 » May 12th, '04, 18:26

mangosteen wrote:I'm sorry. I don't think I can be a seeder for this project until September. I left my school where I used cable for Internet access. My grandparents' house where i'm living now, in summer vacation, has Internet but the speed is :crazy: :-( . I even can't download Loving you anymore. So, I'm sorry you all.
Don't worry, there are still lots of seeders to keep these series in the poll. I don't think you will be the only one w/ this type of problem...hope you still have a great summer :)

fobster #1

Post by fobster #1 » May 13th, '04, 02:30

Man..I hope Hotelier wins, I saw it in Canto...totally killed it, but the series was still good, hopefully its'll win and I can watch it in KOREAN!!! *crosses fingers* :D

AsianblueX

Post by AsianblueX » May 13th, '04, 22:59

i really think winter sonata or summer scent is the better series(i mean come on winter sonata and summer scent WAS REAAALLLY GOOD IT SHOULD BE WINNING), but i just voted for beautiful days because i didn't see it yet and i want to watch it

is it just me or you guys feel the same?

iceberri
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by iceberri » May 13th, '04, 23:18

Not at all. There are many many series better than Winter Sonata and Summer Scent, but they're just the "classics" that just have gained more fame than the other dramas. If you stick around the kdrama world more and watch them all, you'll begin to see that there are many dramas that each have their own strong points, and their weak points. I disliked Winter Sonata because it was so slow-moving. Beautiful Days and other dramas, IMO, is much much better. :)

kood
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by kood » May 14th, '04, 04:21

Seems I won't be dling a kSOTM next month and voting because I already have all the nominees. Out of the 6, I've only watched 2: Hotelier and Summer Scent.

Hotelier:
Honestly, there were no conflict -- well, barely. Not as much as Summer Scent, which I would have preferred and expected, but Hotelier was mainly about the damn hotel and its issues that it plays off as the star of the drama than the top 3 leads [(GM, Manager Suh, and the lawyer, Kim (I believe)] I thought there were going to be love triangles mixed in with complicated situations, but only to my illusion. It's only two sets of love stories where a guy likes a girl, but she likes another guy, and he likes another girl, who is torn between this guy and another great man.

Bottom line: This is my first time and sorry to say, but I do NOT recommend Hotelier.

Summer Scent:
My first drama series and overall, I enjoyed it. I love not the whole story, but only the first half (episodes 01-10) because the second half (11-20) dragged on about her "secret" and keeping it from her. Honestly, if I was the writer, why the hell would I use that issue as the main plot for the entire second half? I would imagine the replay value with another and better story. Also, another gripe is the ending, it was just abrupt. Obviously and easily, the story could have continued and we, the audience, wished to see the aftermath of all the other characters in the drama. Unlike Winter Sonata, Summer Scent's cast is a younger and more eye appealing to the audience. Then there's the magnificent and jaw-dropping scenery of nature and its backgrounds throughout Summer Scent.

Bottom line: I recommend Summer Scent mainly due to Son Ye Jin.

Below are opinions on dramas of which I have not viewed first-hand.
Beautiful Days - puccakiss79 comments it's her favorite drama and I'm sure it's recommended.
Bright Girl's Success Story - My younger sibling is currently holding all my spindles and ensures it's a hilarious drama so far.
My Love Patzzi - My younger sibling is currently holding all my spindles and ensures it's a hilarious drama so far.
Winter Sonata - My younger sibling have watched the first 4 episodes and stopped because and I quote, "It's just too depressing."

kumukurukuk

Post by kumukurukuk » May 14th, '04, 04:35

I highly recommend Hotelier, I really like the complicated love triangles and the happenings in the hotel was fascinating to watch. Its a feel good drama. and bae yong jun was good enough reason for me to watch it

Summer scent- BLEH, only watched this for song seung hun. the beating of the heart was just....funny.
ImageImageImage

puccakiss79
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by puccakiss79 » May 14th, '04, 04:37

kumukurukuk wrote: Summer scent- BLEH, only watched this for song seung hun. the beating of the heart was just....funny.
puhahaha, i thought the part where ssh was saying "what ever i say, don't turn around" LOL!

philly

Post by philly » May 14th, '04, 21:52

aznkoodies wrote
Bright Girl's Success Story - My younger sibling is currently holding all my spindles and ensures it's a hilarious drama so far.
My Love Patzzi - My younger sibling is currently holding all my spindles and ensures it's a hilarious drama so far.
Winter Sonata - My younger sibling have watched the first 4 episodes and stopped because and I quote, "It's just too depressing."
lol :lol your younger sib sounds likea fun & cheerful person

kood
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by kood » May 14th, '04, 22:10

philly wrote:lol :lol your younger sib sounds likea fun & cheerful person
Yeah, well, she loves drama.

This is a no-contest poll. The winner will be Beautiful Days, since last month's voting was a near win/loss situation, it's natural for those who want it then to want it even more now. By the looks of other dramas as contenders, it's no contest.

Oh, and by the looks of your avator, you seem like a Naruto fan. I'm not as hyped as I just started watching it, but read the manga instead, which, in my opinion, is better than the anime. Currently, in episode 83 (latest), Jiraiya and Naruto is searching for Tsunade, while Itachi appears out of nowhere to collect Naruto. I guess reading the manga spoiled me because I don't look forward to watching Naruto. Still, it's a highly recommended anime.

aNToK
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by aNToK » May 14th, '04, 22:28

I voted for Beautiful Days because it's the only one I'll be able to seed. I enjoyed all of them, except since these were most of the first dramas I watched, I had to get used to the fact that most kdramas don't have particularly strong or dramatic endings. I liked Hotelier, but to this day I disagree with the ending. No spoilers though. Make up your own mind when you get it!!

philly

Post by philly » May 14th, '04, 22:40

aznkoodies wrote
This is a no-contest poll. The winner will be Beautiful Days, since last month's voting was a near win/loss situation, it's natural for those who want it then to want it even more now. By the looks of other dramas as contenders, it's no contest.

Oh, and by the looks of your avator, you seem like a Naruto fan. I'm not as hyped as I just started watching it, but read the manga instead, which, in my opinion, is better than the anime. Currently, in episode 83 (latest), Jiraiya and Naruto is searching for Tsunade, while Itachi appears out of nowhere to collect Naruto. I guess reading the manga spoiled me because I don't look forward to watching Naruto. Still, it's a highly recommended anime.
yeah, i know :) i voted for beautiful days too :D heard it's a good drama

yes i'm a naruto fan. i started watching it about 2 or 3 months ago and i was so hooked that within 4 days i finished 60 eps :crazy: :D i haven't read the manga yet, i guess whichever one people start with (manga/anime) they usually tend to stick to it
i think i stopped watching naruto about ep70 something because i had to study for my ap test :glare: i guess now it's time to catch up :w00t: :lol
i have heard that currently nothing is happening in the manga (latest issue?) hope naruto's storyline won't die out even after the hundreds/thousands/maybe billions of chapters :D :P :D

Flounder

W/ or W/O English sub?

Post by Flounder » May 15th, '04, 04:27

Do these dramas have English subtitle?

kboy107

Re: W/ or W/O English sub?

Post by kboy107 » May 15th, '04, 06:01

Flounder wrote:Do these dramas have English subtitle?
I believe all of the dramas in the KSOTM have eng subs...I know Beautiful days, Winter Sonata, and Summer Scent do, if not then they'll probably be available in the sub thread in the support forum

jaycee05
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by jaycee05 » May 15th, '04, 08:08

kumukurukuk wrote: Summer scent- BLEH, only watched this for song seung hun. the beating of the heart was just....funny.
hahahahaha :lol .....i KNOW!!! summer scent was a real let-down
...anyway I think I gave my vote to My love patzzi, I bought this drama(DVD) at ebay, it cost me like CAD$67, I was new to dramas then, and I started My love Patzzi...I was very impatient and very excited to watch the rest of it so I bought it...the box was really pretty, it was orangy color(produced in Malaysia)...but then, my god...the english subs are just horrible...It's like they got this automatic translator, they plugged in all the words, and voila!, u have eng-rish...so anyway, I was really disappointed, so whenever I look at it, I keep reminding myself how pretty the box is, so I could forget how much money I wasted...so, yah, never finished this drama...Im halfway through it(JEM's releases), and I think it's the funniest and cutest drama I'd seen so far...

Tekkanano

Post by Tekkanano » May 15th, '04, 11:44

I hope My Love Patzzi wins because I like the actress Jang Na Ra, since I really liked Bright Girl. So, I like to see her again in another drama.

leeunit

Post by leeunit » May 15th, '04, 15:31

jaycee, i'm glad you feel that way. i thought my love patzzi was great too. the bickering between jang nara and kim rae won was hilarious!

kboy107

Post by kboy107 » May 15th, '04, 16:10

Tekkanano wrote:I hope My Love Patzzi wins because I like the actress Jang Na Ra, since I really liked Bright Girl. So, I like to see her again in another drama.
If you like her cutsey acting...you should check out her music videos...I haven't seen her dramas yet, but she's adorable in her mvs

Tekkanano

Post by Tekkanano » May 15th, '04, 20:19

kboy107 wrote:
Tekkanano wrote:I hope My Love Patzzi wins because I like the actress Jang Na Ra, since I really liked Bright Girl. So, I like to see her again in another drama.
If you like her cutsey acting...you should check out her music videos...I haven't seen her dramas yet, but she's adorable in her mvs
Thanks for the suggestion! I didn't even know she was a singer, lol!!! I really like her funny acting. And that song Sweet Dream, it's really nice. She's gonna be my first favorite korean singer! :)

HOTELIER14

Post by HOTELIER14 » May 15th, '04, 23:43

I really really liked hotelier and I hope it wins, but that doesn't seem to be the case...I guess I just won't dl KSOTM for June! :cry: Hopefully Hotelier can win in the future.

Scyth3r

Post by Scyth3r » May 16th, '04, 00:17

HOTELIER14 wrote:I really really liked hotelier and I hope it wins, but that doesn't seem to be the case...I guess I just won't dl KSOTM for June! :cry: Hopefully Hotelier can win in the future.
You like Hotelier?! Now thats a surprise. =P

Anyways, I'm watching Beautiful Days right now. I'm not too impressed by it. If you like slow, crying, weak, annoying characters (ala Autumn Tale) this ones for you!

I really hate series that have people cry so much, ESPECIALLY guys. That one streaking tear is so incredibly annoying to me.

I will now cheer Hotelier! Hopefully it can make a comeback.

fobster #1

Post by fobster #1 » May 16th, '04, 02:29

Why don't u guys like Hotelier, I think someone said something about not enough love triangles or something. I have to admit, I was quite disappointed when the manager guy didn't show his feelings to the girl and just wanted her to kinda know, but she only thought they were friends so went to the guy pursuing her. I really liked hotelier, even if it doesn't win, will ppl still seed? After reading these posts..i doubt if hotelier will ever win...so sad.

boosteddc4

Post by boosteddc4 » May 16th, '04, 06:50

beautiful days!!! YEA!!!

Fido

Post by Fido » May 16th, '04, 12:57

Looks like Beautiful days going to WIN :w00t:

q_lam

Post by q_lam » May 16th, '04, 21:53

I hope that My Love Patzzi will also be included because i really want o watcht this K drarm and i was wonderign what does a seeder have to do??? i wouldn't mine sedding for My Love Patzzi but if it requires a computer witha lot of Memory i dun qualify :cry:

q_lam

Post by q_lam » May 16th, '04, 21:56

Also i was on Jem's site it didn't work... i was on it yesterday and it was fine.. but when i went on today to finsih downlaoding my ep2 for My Lvoe Patzzi the site was down or something... :-( :cry:

fobster #1

Post by fobster #1 » May 17th, '04, 00:36

Scyth3r wrote:
HOTELIER14 wrote:I really really liked hotelier and I hope it wins, but that doesn't seem to be the case...I guess I just won't dl KSOTM for June! :cry: Hopefully Hotelier can win in the future.
You like Hotelier?! Now thats a surprise. =P

Anyways, I'm watching Beautiful Days right now. I'm not too impressed by it. If you like slow, crying, weak, annoying characters (ala Autumn Tale) this ones for you!

I really hate series that have people cry so much, ESPECIALLY guys. That one streaking tear is so incredibly annoying to me.

I will now cheer Hotelier! Hopefully it can make a comeback.
I'm also cheering for Hotelier. I watched Beautiful Days and it was ok at first, but then it started to drag and the older brother tried to act soo cool and stuff. Poor Ryu Shi Won. I agree about the crying...I can't stand guys who cry. Anyways...beautiful days is ok, not one my favorite, VOTE FOR HOTELIER! haha
I tried to download Hotelier on this site, but there are no seeders. I hope those who have this series will get the chance to seed for those who are dying to get it :D

kboy107

Post by kboy107 » May 17th, '04, 02:52

q_lam wrote:I hope that My Love Patzzi will also be included because i really want o watcht this K drarm and i was wonderign what does a seeder have to do??? i wouldn't mine sedding for My Love Patzzi but if it requires a computer witha lot of Memory i dun qualify :cry:
All you do is load the torrent file and save it to where you have the already complete episode....your bt client will see it as complete and start to share just as you did when dling it in the first time, except now, you won't be dling, just uling

rsxdragon

Post by rsxdragon » May 17th, '04, 03:22

Well all of those choose are good. i have almost all of them, i'm only missing Hotelier, and Beautiful Days. But i have watch Hotelier already, but i think it was ok. It was not that good like Summer Scent and Winter Sonata. I help seed if u guys need it. Cause i still have it on my computer.

q_lam

Post by q_lam » May 17th, '04, 03:34

NOOOOOOOOO... vote for My Love Patzzi
I LOVE KWAN SanG WOOO