Total votes: 78

Kai Lien
AiRen
AiRen

September's CSOTM - Chinese Paladin

Post by Kai Lien » Aug 29th, '06, 22:36

Da Jia Hao!

September's CSOTM is Chinese Paladin!

Seeding for September's Chinese Series of the Month has now started. Seeders, if there is any reason you cannot seed, please PM habukie or Kai Lien. Thanks! :wub: :heart:

The requirements for a CSoTM are that it be a Chinese production (Mainland, Tw, HK, Singapore, etc), complete, English-subbed with at least 3 volunteer seeders, the more the better. For a list of previous csotm winners and Chinese series here.

Look here to find out what a SoTM is here. Nominate a series for the next CSotM in this thread.

We've only got so many qualifying series at the moment, so there will be repeats. Post here or PM Animetama, Kai Lien, Calcifer or habukie if you can help out with any of these, or if you can seed other series for the future.

We are in need of seeders, please help out if you can. Thanks!
The following series could use a few seeders: :wink:

D-A
Blade Heart :: 37 ::
Gods of Honour :: 40 :: LadieDrmz
Hero in Black :: 20 ::
Hua Xiang :: 3 ::
Lethal Weapons of Love and Passion :: 40 ::
Lofty Waters Verdant Bow :: 20 :: Xr8-S
Love Storm :: 21 :: Xr8-S
Magicians Of Love :: 22 :: horndogbuddhist
My Date with a Vampire III :: 40 ::
Peach Girl :: 13 :: JenEm, horndogbuddhist
Real Kung Fu :: 20 ::
Return of the Condor Heroes 1998 :: 40 :: peacht, Kai Lien
Tian Long Ba Bu :: 40 ::
Wind and Cloud 2 :: 30 ::

Completed Chinese Dramas at Jem's Site with English Subtitles
Love At Aegean Sea :: 40 :: Xr8-S
Purple Love :: 40 ::
Reaching For The Stars :: 22 ::
The Proud Twins:: 40 :: Xr8-S
Romance In The City :: 20 ::
Young Justice Bao II :: 40 :: Xr8-S
Young Zhang San Feng :: 40 ::

JTV
Take My Word For It :: 30 ::
Triumph In The Skies :: 40 ::
The Monkey King :: 35 ::

I am proud to announce that we have added JTV's tracker to our csotm. If you want to volunteer any of their c-dramas for the csotm, you know the drill. :salut: I just read that they will be subbing Book & Sword, Gratitude & Revenge! :w00t: :thumleft:
Last edited by Kai Lien on Sep 21st, '06, 08:11, edited 9 times in total.

angeizahoy

Post by angeizahoy » Aug 29th, '06, 22:52

Chinese Paladin! XD

and i think you mean that the voting will end September 5th, and not August 5th...?

NightFox69

Post by NightFox69 » Aug 29th, '06, 23:13

Hey,
I'm with angeizahoy hope that it will be Chinese Paladin! :D

chitato_80

Post by chitato_80 » Aug 30th, '06, 00:45

I want to see My Mighty in Laws !!! but how come it's not one of the choices in the poll ?

Kai Lien
AiRen
AiRen

Post by Kai Lien » Aug 30th, '06, 00:51

*ducks* oops! I fixed it now.

Yeah, I hope My Mighty In-Laws wins too. Or ROCH 98. Go SG dramas! :cheers:

AkumaX
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by AkumaX » Aug 30th, '06, 01:03

My Mighty In-Laws sounds interesting XD

elsiey

Post by elsiey » Aug 30th, '06, 01:36

MY MIGHTY IN-LAWS~!!

Wow, I was totally unaware that this actually has subs to them... o.O w00t~

lmao, I guess I was too late to nominate for September... So, er, if it's okay, I nominate Under the Canopy of Love for next month's series thingy. XD

AzN_InVasian

Post by AzN_InVasian » Aug 30th, '06, 03:53

I vote for Eternal Happiness.

koua_xiong

Post by koua_xiong » Aug 30th, '06, 04:18

i voted CP.. chinese paladin..YEAH!!!

Fieryshadow

Post by Fieryshadow » Aug 30th, '06, 04:31

yay Chinese Paladin :D ill probably seed too just because it was the first drama i ever watched x]

trinityrose

Post by trinityrose » Aug 30th, '06, 20:49

CHINESE PALADIN yeys.

angeizahoy

Post by angeizahoy » Aug 31st, '06, 01:52

honestly, i'll settle for anything winning as long as its not Meteor Garden, lol

Kai Lien
AiRen
AiRen

Post by Kai Lien » Sep 1st, '06, 00:22

I voted for Return of the Condor Heroes 98. Now its tied with Mighty In-laws & Eternal Happiness

Sundial

Post by Sundial » Sep 1st, '06, 06:55

Chinese paladin. =D

elsiey

Post by elsiey » Sep 1st, '06, 15:21

Aw... Chinese Paladin is winning... ^^; Haha, I already have it and it's even airing at where I live right now so... *shrugs* Ah well... Er, My Mighty In-Laws still has a chance! *hopeful*
Following: Sapuri - Taiyou no Uta - Smiling Pasta - Silence - Vineyard Man

Fave: Nobuta wo Produce - Bad Family - Silence

Watching: Exhibitions of Firework

Nausicaa

Post by Nausicaa » Sep 1st, '06, 15:42

Why not a canto drama. it's always mandarin... like to see enternal happiness....

Gi-Ma-Mi
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Gi-Ma-Mi » Sep 2nd, '06, 15:15

can I nominate At the Dolphin Bay for next month

shayla

Post by shayla » Sep 2nd, '06, 16:43

Gi-Ma-Mi wrote:can I nominate At the Dolphin Bay for next month
It's volunteer seeded drama. See the info in the box at the top of torrent page.
Recently Finished: 1) Rooftop Prince 2) Witch yoo-hee 3) Hana Kimi (japanese 2007 version) 4) mei-chan no shitsuji 5) Absolute boyfriend 6) Birth of the rich 7) Me too flower 8 ) You''re beautiful 9) Six lovestories 10) Protect the boss
Currently Watching:

tschibui

eternal happiness

Post by tschibui » Sep 2nd, '06, 19:37

am looking forward seeing "eternal happiness", for am into old time dramas ... and have all the others mentioned allready. even so it looks like its going to be "a chinese paladin" which is very funny, but the caracters in my opinion are to young (at least the male ones) they simply don`t give me the heroic feeling a character should have in ancient dramas. but still a very funny drama which i d allways recomend watching.

so long

tschibui

Ai_Zai_Zai

Post by Ai_Zai_Zai » Sep 3rd, '06, 01:42

go chinese paladin!! =)

elsiey

Post by elsiey » Sep 3rd, '06, 22:47

*ish totally heart-broken* Meteor Garden is actually BEATING My Mighty In-Laws? *coughs* No offense to fans, but I really, really dislike Meteor Garden... x.x And it's even in 3rd place... Gah, I can't stand it if it wins SotM... x.x

Haha, I'd say My Mighty In-Laws for the win, but it doesn't seem to be that way so... I guess I'll just settle for Meteor Garden not winning, eh? ^^;
Following: Sapuri - Taiyou no Uta - Smiling Pasta - Silence - Vineyard Man

Fave: Nobuta wo Produce - Bad Family - Silence

Watching: Exhibitions of Firework

FoxStarwind

Post by FoxStarwind » Sep 4th, '06, 22:25

Umm, why is Chinese Paladin even on this list when it's being well-seeded elsewhere, and when it is readily available for watching on sites like *cough YOU cough TUBE*. And how can it possibly be winning given the above plus the fact that it has an incredibly crappy/ uneccesarily sad ending?? Sorry, but for me, it's shows with endings like that that make it feel a waste of time to watch.

BTW, is My Mighty In-Laws a funny show? Besides Prince Turns Frog and It Started with a Kiss, I've been having tough time finding good quality comedy shows in Mandarin Chinese.

It seems like the votes of most people who have posted in this thread wanted My Mighty In-Laws to win, yet that time waster of a series will win for September. Hopefully My Mighty In-Laws will win for next month. Anyways, my votes to My Mighty In-Laws!

NightFox69

Post by NightFox69 » Sep 5th, '06, 07:56

@FoxStarwind Thnx for giving away the ending :cussing:

FoxStarwind

Post by FoxStarwind » Sep 6th, '06, 01:01

NightFox69: I apologize, but I don't think I really gave away the ending... Just simply using very general terms by describing it as "incredibly crappy/ uneccesarily sad" leaves it very open in that anything could have happened to make it incredibly crappy or uneccesarily sad. Besides, the ending doesn't really fit well with the story either. The TV show producers actually changed the last 1/4 of the storyline from which the original game was based off of.

In any case, my version of a sad ending may be your version of a happy ending. It's all quite subjective really.

Kai Lien
AiRen
AiRen

Post by Kai Lien » Sep 6th, '06, 01:36

FoxStarwind wrote:Umm, why is Chinese Paladin even on this list when it's being well-seeded elsewhere, and when it is readily available for watching on sites like *cough YOU cough TUBE*. And how can it possibly be winning given the above plus the fact that it has an incredibly crappy/ uneccesarily sad ending?? Sorry, but for me, it's shows with endings like that that make it feel a waste of time to watch.

BTW, is My Mighty In-Laws a funny show? Besides Prince Turns Frog and It Started with a Kiss, I've been having tough time finding good quality comedy shows in Mandarin Chinese.

It seems like the votes of most people who have posted in this thread wanted My Mighty In-Laws to win, yet that time waster of a series will win for September. Hopefully My Mighty In-Laws will win for next month. Anyways, my votes to My Mighty In-Laws!
Why would anyone want to watch anything on youtube? The quality sucks big time plus this is a BT site, not a place to watch streaming video. If you haven't noticed there aren't a lot of seeders for the csotm. What other series can we list for the poll? If you want something to be done about it, help out or make some worthy suggestions.

xmz

Post by xmz » Sep 6th, '06, 09:40

Great finaly Chinese paladin made it :D it is really such a great series and the subbing was great so hope everyone will watch it :P

siangsaolong

Post by siangsaolong » Sep 6th, '06, 11:52

FoxStarwind wrote:Umm, why is Chinese Paladin even on this list when it's being well-seeded elsewhere, and when it is readily available for watching on sites like *cough YOU cough TUBE*. And how can it possibly be winning given the above plus the fact that it has an incredibly crappy/ uneccesarily sad ending?? Sorry, but for me, it's shows with endings like that that make it feel a waste of time to watch.

I am glad chinese paladin won
it deserves winning
I don't think it is a crappy series at all
what is wrong with sad ending
why can't a series has such a sad ending if it can express what (I think) it wants to express.
and I think it is a very touching story
all the charactors grow up when time pass
the story shows how important love is
for love you can sacrifice
righteousness and love will save the world
that is why I don't think this is a crappy drama at all
by the way songs are also very good

Barbarella

Post by Barbarella » Sep 6th, '06, 15:53

Hm, i cannot find "My mighty In-Laws".
Does someone know where to find it?
Is there another name for it (figures, since it's chinese, but you know what i mean ;) )?

VietBaka

Post by VietBaka » Sep 9th, '06, 05:51

Good series....gonna seed for awhile =)

bangy

Post by bangy » Sep 10th, '06, 02:53

Not sure where this question should go I'll post it here and in the torrent section:

What is that song called that starts in ep1 at 30M:30S when Ling'er was showing Xiao Yao the little bags that released memories of her last 10 years? I'm not chinese, and I have no clue what the song is saying but I LOVE the beats.

Please let me know the name of the song, or if you know where I can get it and/or translations of it I would reallyyyy appreciate it.

Thanks!!

VietBaka

Post by VietBaka » Sep 10th, '06, 03:21

bangy wrote:Not sure where this question should go I'll post it here and in the torrent section:

What is that song called that starts in ep1 at 30M:30S when Ling'er was showing Xiao Yao the little bags that released memories of her last 10 years? I'm not chinese, and I have no clue what the song is saying but I LOVE the beats.

Please let me know the name of the song, or if you know where I can get it and/or translations of it I would reallyyyy appreciate it.

Thanks!!
http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_14264.htm

track 7

dunno about the translation...

bangy

Post by bangy » Sep 10th, '06, 06:24

would you happen to have this track and be able to send it to me? :roll

VietBaka

Post by VietBaka » Sep 10th, '06, 09:37

bangy wrote:would you happen to have this track and be able to send it to me? :roll
yes i can....let me have your email address.

bangy

Post by bangy » Sep 11th, '06, 21:54

I've PMed you my email address, thanks =)

horndogbuddhist

Post by horndogbuddhist » Sep 16th, '06, 05:09

Hey put me down for Magicians of Love off DA site...yea yea....another one for the seeder...!

ALSO this series ROCKS.....ah Crystal Liu.....*drool*

simmic

Post by simmic » Sep 18th, '06, 14:22

This may be a silly question but I am just wondering... how long do volunteer seeders need to seed for if their series is chosen as series of the month? Would they be expected to have their computer on for the whole month? 24 hours a day? Or whenever they can seed? I would definately like to seed however I have a limit in my internet plan so can probably only seed to to a certain extent.

ChenXiong

Post by ChenXiong » Sep 19th, '06, 20:53

Just though i put my though as well.. can i say i like the series but hate the character? Honestly i really hate the way the story process and the lack of intelligen Xiao Yao has.. this guy can't be honest with himself and plus who would of though such a person could exist.. i mean... honest i though he's a bright and thoughful guy who just lazy.. but as the story process.. he became more and more of a idiots/retard.. lolz and Ah Nu is very annoying the way she acts like a kid.. well just my though since i only watch to eps 12 and it borded me to death after Linger went missing.. hopefully i'll pick up the series and watch again..

Kai Lien
AiRen
AiRen

Post by Kai Lien » Sep 21st, '06, 07:36

simmic wrote:This may be a silly question but I am just wondering... how long do volunteer seeders need to seed for if their series is chosen as series of the month? Would they be expected to have their computer on for the whole month? 24 hours a day? Or whenever they can seed? I would definately like to seed however I have a limit in my internet plan so can probably only seed to to a certain extent.
Not a silly Q. :D There's no seed limit. You can seed as long or as short as you wish to for that month. :salut: It would be nice to seed a copy to a peer. If we are short/low on seeders for a particular series, we will assign different users to seed specific episodes. Anyhoo, we would appreciate any help at all. :P

ChenXiong,
ITA with what you said. That's the same reason why I can't finish the series too. I'm not sure what's worse...his character or Hu Ge's portrayal of Xiao Yao. :whistling:

ChenXiong

Post by ChenXiong » Sep 21st, '06, 21:43

Ok.. you know what scratch what i say up there.. Guess i really have to finish the series to start judging.. lolz.. but to that point what.. what i say is true.. lolz.. anywase.. yea almost finish with the series .. and i amit.. the character did grown up to be more mature which is a good sign else if they didn't i would just give up.. lolz.. anywase.. very nice storyline.. athough can get a bit confusion at time.. anywase.. like it so far..

simmic

Post by simmic » Sep 25th, '06, 01:24

In that case, I have the ICEFISH batch download for Magicians of love and I'll be happy to help seed it ^_^

AkumaX
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by AkumaX » Sep 26th, '06, 05:04

I'm surprised no one said anything about Ep. 8's audio XD

I converted the PCM to CBR MP3 @ 128kbs. File size went from 540mb to 330mb. Yay!

Sebba

Thank you

Post by Sebba » Sep 28th, '06, 19:19

Thank you so much for seeding this totally brilliant series.
Thank you for uploading it again, with improved quality. :cheers:

This was the first ever chinese drama series I saw and I totally fell in love with it, the characters and story. Hu ge is excellent as xiao yao, infact all the actors and actresses portray the characters so well. These days it's rare to find entertainment which also tries to improve your soul aswell as trying to make you laugh/cry, which I did throughout this amazing series.

Thank you again, :thumleft: