Narita Rikon - ippanjin22
43%

Total votes: 182

mizune
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Japanese SoTW Poll - Ends 8/20/06 - Narita Rikon

Post by mizune » Aug 7th, '06, 01:14

There seem to be a fair number of seeds for a bunch of the last contenders, so they've been rotated out... :unsure:
Here's a relatively fresh batch of series that will hopefully get more attention. By the way, ppl are doing such a good job of seeding series that it's getting harder to find nominees for the JSoTW from the Volunteer list! But there are still plenty of series that don't have volunteer seeds for that hellp add to the diversity if somebody with the files would help support them. :)
So, once again....

If you're willing to seed any of the series in the poll, please post a reply here or in the [url=http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=23787]JSOTW: Looking For Volunteer Seeders[/url] thread or PM any one of the Geinou. There are still several series which don't have any volunteer seeders, so do volunteer for those! The more seeders we have, the more variety there will be in the future JSoTW polls.

Many thanks goes out to those seeding the current JSoTW (Tokyo Wankei). Thank you for your support! :salut:

In the now immortal words of thetenken........

PLEASE READ THIS ENTIRE POST. IF YOU DO NOT, YOU MAY BE LIABLE TO THETENKEN'S EXPRESSIONS OF DISPLEASURE.

Taking nominations for the next series of the week. Let me know what you want to add to the poll and I'll add it. From this point forward only series that have a volunteer seeder will be put up into the poll. People can nominate whatever they want, but the series won't become a poll option until there is a volunteer seeder...

PLEASE NOMINATE AND VOTE ONLY FOR THE DRAMAS OFF THE COMPLETED DRAMAS LIST FOUND IN THE JSOTW VOLUNTEER SEEDERS THREAD:
http://www.d-addicts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=23787
(06/14/2004: As of this date, the Series of the Week is now officially only Japanese dramas with English subtitles.)

The nominees are:

Glass Mask I - [url=http://jdorama.com/drama.102.htm]info[/url], [url=http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/torrents.php?search=glass+mask+I+complete&type=&sub=View+all&sort=]torrents[/url]
Family Values - [url=http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Toi_Shinseki_Chikaku_no_Tanin]info[/url], [url=http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/torrents.php?search=family+values&type=jdrama&sub=View+all&sort=name]torrents[/url]
Konya Hitori no Beddo de - [url=http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Konya_Hitori_no_Beddo_De]info[/url], [url=http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/torrents.php?search=konya&type=&sub=View+all&sort=]torrents[/url]
Narita Rikon - [url=http://jdorama.com/drama.274.htm]info[/url], [url=http://jem.d-addicts.com:6969/index.html?sort=1&search=narita+rikon]torrents[/url]

Previous Japanese Series of the Week:
Oyaji, Otousan, Koi ga Shitai x3 (Where is Love?), Strawberry on the Shortcake (S.O.S.), Cheap Love, Big Wing, Hotman, Sutaa no Koi, From the Heart, Love Generation, A Sleeping Forest, Story of One Century, Friends, Younger Men, Merry Christmas in Summer, Shota no Sushi, Koibumi/Love Letter, Waterboys, Aoi Tori (Bluebird), Meguri Ai, Konna Koi no Hanashi, One Million Stars Falling From the Sky, News no Onna, Mukodono/My Husband, Food Fight, Heaven's Coins/Hoshi no Kinka, Forbidden Love, My Little Chef, With Love, Shopping Hero, Stand Up!!, 101st Marriage Proposal, Seija no Koushin, Maria/Mariya, Asunaro Hakusho, Summer Snow, Pretty Girls, Trick 1/2/3 (JSoTM), Itsumo Futari De, Tokyo Wankei, Denchi ga kireru made, Koi ga shitai (DVD), Wedding Planner, Suekko chonan ane sannin, Koi wo nan nen sundemasu ka/Dreams of Romance, Beach Boys, Keizoku, Nanisama, News no Onna, Aoi Tori, Midnight Rain, Chakushin Ari, Aishitteiru to itte kure (Say you love me), Dekichatta Kekkon (Shotgun Marriage), From the Heart, Ima, Ai ni Yukimasu, Princess Hiro, Double Kitchen, Joou no Kyoushitsu (Queen's Classroom), Oishii Kankei, Five Spies, Tokyo Wankei

What is a series of the week? [url=http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5810]More Info Here[/url]
Since there are now a substantial number of torrents on this site, we have implemented a "Series of the Week," where we could dedicate most of the bandwidth to a particular series during that week. This helps in a couple of ways:

1. People will know what series are available and have seeds, rather than just waiting and hoping for them to be seeded at some later date.

2. For those seeders who have DVD burners and have already burnt their collections to DVD/CD, then with the series of the week they know which series can be pulled off of DVD to help seed, minimizing troublesome multiple DVD loading.

3. Constantly re-circulates older torrents back into view, and focuses bandwidth and demand toward those specific torrents, rather than having people request series across the board.

Remember, D-Addicts was started for the community, and being a part of the community means sharing. If you don't share, then everyone loses (refer to JEM's dropping of Cdramas), and a good thing open to all may become a private party.

We take no responsibility for deleting poll entries if there are no seeds. No complaints, as this is a community effort. If the community doesn't want to share, then oh well...

Reminder: You must have at least 10 posts to vote. Go on, kiddies... explore the forum a bit... :)

Chibimitsuki

Post by Chibimitsuki » Aug 7th, '06, 07:01

i think i'll vote for garasu no kamen this time..... been wanting to watch it for a while :)... narita rikon looks interesting too though... hmmm

hakuharu

Post by hakuharu » Aug 7th, '06, 07:12

Hard one... I think garasu no kamen and family values both sound good. Rooting for family values ^_^
Ava inspired by Murakami Takashi

gryzze
Administrator
Administrator

Post by gryzze » Aug 7th, '06, 07:40

mizune, maybe the first option could include Glass Mask II as well?

makoReactor

Post by makoReactor » Aug 7th, '06, 13:41

My vote is Garasu no kamen. The manga was awesome, and I would like to see how they pull off the dorama.

Karo
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Karo » Aug 7th, '06, 21:27

I would really like to watch Glass Mask... ^-^
Sooo.... I hope it will find some more voters! ^^ hehehee.. ^^;

Shindou

Post by Shindou » Aug 7th, '06, 23:26

i'd like to nominate koi ga shitai for the next series of the week :-)

mizune
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Post by mizune » Aug 8th, '06, 22:13

gryzze wrote:mizune, maybe the first option could include Glass Mask II as well?
i guess i could, but last i checked, there were plenty of seeds for the 2nd series, so... ^_^;

sherriebes

Post by sherriebes » Aug 9th, '06, 10:48

I will go for Narita Rikon
Sherriebes Loves Takuya Kimura
Spread SMAP to Everyone!

lennier1

Post by lennier1 » Aug 9th, '06, 15:08

Voted for Narita Rikon.
Too bad Sensei Shiranaino doesn´t have a volunteer seeder. I´d really love to see that show as a JSOTW. Unfortunately I only have the pilot episode. So I wouldn´t be able to help out with the other 11 eps.

TIticamara

Post by TIticamara » Aug 9th, '06, 21:35

Can we please have wedding planner for next week? :whistling:

lennier1

Post by lennier1 » Aug 9th, '06, 23:30

TIticamara wrote:Can we please have wedding planner for next week? :whistling:
Take a closer look at the list up there. Wedding Planner was JSOTW just a few months ago. It´s a great show but I don´t think it´ll become JSOTW so soon again.

raider73

Post by raider73 » Aug 10th, '06, 03:27

I'd like to nominate Haruka 17 as the next JSOTW since the subs were just released by Haruspex but the torrents have no seeds except for the 1st episode.

TIticamara

Post by TIticamara » Aug 10th, '06, 12:00

raider73 wrote:I'd like to nominate Haruka 17 as the next JSOTW since the subs were just released by Haruspex but the torrents have no seeds except for the 1st episode.
Sansei. :cheers:

Catinka

Post by Catinka » Aug 11th, '06, 00:49

my post goes to again "Konya Hitori no Beddo de"

howzitboy

Post by howzitboy » Aug 11th, '06, 19:32

i picked Narita rikon cuz im in the need for more comedy! looks like fun show..

JadedAngel

Post by JadedAngel » Aug 11th, '06, 21:55

Konya Hitori no Beddo de!

japysia

Post by japysia » Aug 12th, '06, 03:10

I'd like to nominate Mada Koi wa Hajimaranai for the next jsotw.
:thumleft: ~ サトラレ ~ 心の声がサトラレる。。。 :thumright:

rico2001
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by rico2001 » Aug 12th, '06, 03:36

Konya Hitori no Beddo de has my vote. :D sounds interesting
SARS-Fansubs Radio
IRC Channel: #SARS-Fansubs on irc.rizon.net

mizune
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Post by mizune » Aug 12th, '06, 03:42

hmmm.... there seems to be a lot of interest in previous SoTWs....
i know the current sotw, tokyo wankei, is an older sotw, but is there interest in having another flashback sotw sometime soon? for those of you who don't know, a flashback poll is when all the sotw choices are previous winners....

what do you guys think? have a flashback on the next poll and which series?

TIticamara

Post by TIticamara » Aug 12th, '06, 03:45

mizune wrote:hmmm.... there seems to be a lot of interest in previous SoTWs....
i know the current sotw, tokyo wankei, is an older sotw, but is there interest in having another flashback sotw sometime soon? for those of you who don't know, a flashback poll is when all the sotw choices are previous winners....

what do you guys think? have a flashback on the next poll and which series?
Finally, you have spoken the wish of the people. I so wanna to watch wedding planner.

mizune
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Post by mizune » Aug 12th, '06, 03:51

TIticamara wrote: Finally, you have spoken the wish of the people. I so wanna to watch wedding planner.
are you saying we're out of touch with the masses? :fear:
:cry:

:lol

TIticamara

Post by TIticamara » Aug 13th, '06, 09:43

mizune wrote:
TIticamara wrote: Finally, you have spoken the wish of the people. I so wanna to watch wedding planner.
are you saying we're out of touch with the masses? :fear:
:cry:

:lol
Thats not what i meant. Pease don't be offended. I love what you are doing. Its just that this is the first time you have indirectly answered my small request because in the past it was just ignored,

kpop

Post by kpop » Aug 13th, '06, 18:23

Where can I make a request to add the title of the series in "Series of the Month" to vote? I'm looking for a JDrama "Ice World" and it's not on the voting list for a long time. Thanks for your help.

lennier1

Post by lennier1 » Aug 13th, '06, 19:11

@TIticamara: I´ll try to seed it but I won´t be of much help alone since I can only spare 60 kb uplink at the moment.

x_XJules
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by x_XJules » Aug 13th, '06, 21:32

mizune wrote:what do you guys think? have a flashback on the next poll and which series?
That's a great idea!!!! :cheers:

mizune
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Post by mizune » Aug 13th, '06, 22:19

kpop wrote:Where can I make a request to add the title of the series in "Series of the Month" to vote? I'm looking for a JDrama "Ice World" and it's not on the voting list for a long time. Thanks for your help.
You can make nominations in this thread, but, to my knowledge, Koori no Sekai/Ice World isn't eligible. Remember that all nominees need to be complete and subtitled in english, and right now, DA only has a couple episodes subbed in english (I think any complete torrents for the series were trimmed a long time ago).
If I'm missing something, by all means, let me know... :scratch:

So.... any other nominees?

TIticamara

Post by TIticamara » Aug 14th, '06, 08:26

lennier1 wrote:@TIticamara: I´ll try to seed it but I won´t be of much help alone since I can only spare 60 kb uplink at the moment.

No, no please don't seed it now. Only seed when its chosen as jstw or else like you have stated, it will be a waste of time since there are like 10-11 episodes around 3-4gig, it is going to take forever to finish because the lack of peers. By the way, thank you for your kind offer.

lennier1

Post by lennier1 » Aug 14th, '06, 11:59

No problem. I seeded it a bit anyway until the other peers got all the necessary parts. So now there should be another complete set of packets out there.

zokken

Post by zokken » Aug 14th, '06, 15:49

voted Family Values

Gabriel

Post by Gabriel » Aug 17th, '06, 09:27

Had to vote for Narita Rikon... I like Eri Fukatsu.. :D

elsiey

Post by elsiey » Aug 17th, '06, 23:12

Narita Rikon~ 'cause it sounds hilarious. XD

sweetsamurai

JSOTW

Post by sweetsamurai » Aug 18th, '06, 08:34

NARITA RIKON - iT sounds the best from all of them! :)

yiuc1

Post by yiuc1 » Aug 20th, '06, 16:09

Family Values looks like it has the fewest seeders, so I vote for that one! :-) Too bad there's absolutely no chance of winning :lol

LittleGreenGrasshopper
Geinou
Geinou

Post by LittleGreenGrasshopper » Aug 21st, '06, 02:41

And the winner of this SoTW poll by quite a far margin is.... Narita Rikon. Hmmm, we may need an image for this one, since I don't think there's one available. Well, if anyone has an image for this drama, it'd be much appreciated... otherwise, I'll see if I can scrounge up something :fear:
Join the VSS. Always on the lookout for good seeders.

Jannah
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Post by Jannah » Sep 4th, '06, 00:11

Many thanks go out to all seeders who helped seed Narita Rikon! Do continue sharing for those who're not caught up yet.