August 2006's CSoTM: Love Contract

talk about and vote for the Series of the Week and Month
habukie
AiRen
AiRen

August 2006's CSoTM: Love Contract

Post by habukie » Aug 3rd, '06, 01:02

Da Jia Hao!

The winner of August's CSoTM is: Love Contract!

[img]http://img115.imageshack.us/img115/699/aii032eh.jpg[/img]
Love Contract
Episodes :: 20
Seeders :: keaixia0jie, Annae, Eathlinn, LadieDrmz, JenEm
:: WIKI ::

Download the torrents here!

Seeders, please seed for the month of August. If for some reason you cannot seed, please let Animetama, Calcifer, or Kai Lien know. Thanks!

Previous Winners:
Feb/March = Lavender
April = My MVP Valentine
May = The Switch
June = Starry Starry Night
July = Mars
August = At The Dolphin Bay
September = Step Into The Past
October=To Get Unstuck In Time
November=The Champion
December= You Are The One
January/February = Romance Of The Three Kingdoms
March = Marmalade Boy
April = Twins Of Brothers
May = Prince Turns To Frog
June = It Started With A Kiss
July = Devil Beside You

Nominate your next series in this thread. Remember series must be on this list and have at least 3 seeders.

Again, more seeders are always needed! There are series people have wanted to nominate, but they do not qualify because they lack seeders, so if you can help, please volunteer!

A BIG Thank you to all the volunteer seeders!

~AiRen
Last edited by habukie on Sep 8th, '06, 04:03, edited 1 time in total.

ypquan2004

Post by ypquan2004 » Aug 3rd, '06, 07:16

I think the next CSOTM should be Green Forest, My Home. Great drama.

jcweex

Post by jcweex » Aug 3rd, '06, 22:02

Is there a torrent for the whole series in a pack?

aznbabygirl6221

Post by aznbabygirl6221 » Aug 3rd, '06, 22:22

aww some of the downloads dont have subs

Fieryshadow

Post by Fieryshadow » Aug 3rd, '06, 22:31

http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_9859.htm <-- subtitles.. find... dl... enjoy...

nijokeem

Post by nijokeem » Aug 4th, '06, 02:43

I loved "Love Contract"

I love both Ariel and Mike He.

[I still need to watch the last episode though, but I haven't brought myself to...
It's too sad, {I choose to belive the sad endings}]

notnice2know

Post by notnice2know » Aug 4th, '06, 17:19

i vote proud of twin :D

fizendalee

Post by fizendalee » Aug 5th, '06, 02:37

I think Meteor Garden 1 should be the next csotm! Never seen it, but I hear good things. Haha. and the boys are cute.

keaiclam

Post by keaiclam » Aug 5th, '06, 18:18

I couldn't recognize Ariel Lin in that picture :P How is her acting in this one? Guess I'll find out :mrgreen: Looking forward to watching it :D

jinalbert

Post by jinalbert » Aug 6th, '06, 02:33

hmmm... wonder if I should.

I'm so tempted to dl this drama...

farha

Post by farha » Aug 6th, '06, 15:57

This drama so great. good chemistry of the main actrors. Ariel lin character is totally the opposite of ISWAK. and the kissing scene :wub: sometimes Ariel & mike really looks like a real couple.

FruitChaat

Post by FruitChaat » Aug 8th, '06, 20:07

is there a reason why the magicians of love isn't on the nomination list of dramas? b/c it has been fully subtitled.....

and in response to th choice of love contract...it wasnt exactly the best drama...i mainly only watched it for mike [cuz he is just so hot] but i skipped every scene tht didnt have mike and ariel..b/c i didnt really enjoy the show itself, however mike and ariel were halarious...especially when they r drunk and are painting the house however the ending...bleh i hated the ending

habukie
AiRen
AiRen

Post by habukie » Aug 9th, '06, 03:35

FruitChaat wrote:is there a reason why the magicians of love isn't on the nomination list of dramas? b/c it has been fully subtitled.....
maybe because it's only been a week or so since the final subs came out? :roll and as for me...i'm not exactly spending all my time watching and waiting until the last sub of a series comes out so that i can put it on the list,. especially when i'm not actively watching the series in question and since i don't need subs in the first place. quite honestly, it'd be helpful if someone just happened to mention it in a thread like this or sent a PM or (the best option) volunteered to seed the series in the aforementioned thread. :mrgreen:

FruitChaat

Post by FruitChaat » Aug 9th, '06, 13:21

o ok, sry i was just browsing the list and i saw tht magicians of love wasn't on it and i've been wanting t see tht so i checked the subtitles thread and saw tht they were completed, i didn't realize tht they had only been completed recently =P

FaDiN

Post by FaDiN » Aug 11th, '06, 16:22

OMG!!!!!! thank you for uploading this drama i never seen it and then i just donwlaoded a few epsodies and I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!! i cna't wait for the next CSOTM!!!!!!! ^-^

putera_iblis

Post by putera_iblis » Aug 12th, '06, 07:35

is this series good to watch? i don't know anything about the actor/actress.... but the pics looks interesting though hehe

XuanC

Post by XuanC » Aug 12th, '06, 22:46

love contract..?!? well i watched lyk the first 6 episode then stopped watching it.. im sry ppl if your a fan of this series.. but to me it was soO boring.. didnt even pay an attention to it..

what made starting watching this series is ariel lin from it started with a kiss and mike he from devil beside you.. i dont think mike he and ariel lin match.. lyk as a couple.. if i offended anyone.. i apologise.. im just being honest.. its really boring... sry..

indayze

Post by indayze » Aug 12th, '06, 23:28

This show will either be enjoyable or mind numbingly boring, depending on the type of dramas you like. Love Contract has it's funny moments but it's definetly a DRAMA. Meaning emotions going haywire etc etc, not like ISWAK at all - other than Ariel Lin, and that girl who plays Xiao Xiao and Xiao Bai XD

But it really is a great show. The relationships develop a lot more realistically than other dramas and the feelings are so.. 100%.
I saw a clip on some show of Mike watching a scene from this drama and he started crying in the show. That's how raw it was. It's a beautiful love story but it takes patience and open minded-ness.

Hmm, basically if you're going in to drool at Mike.. that's okay too cause he's in the swimming team XDD
but it's also a very touching story about insecurities and love. Definetly more focused on relationships than comedy or whatnot.

Mike and Ariel had great chemistry in this <3

Since this recieves so many.. "boring" comments, I was surprised it's the series of the month. :O
Must be more fans yaaay~

endless_cry

The ending???

Post by endless_cry » Aug 13th, '06, 10:36

I saw the series yesterday...it was OK..nothing more or less.....

but what happened in the end..I didn't understand anything???

Did Ken and Xio Feng die???? or did she "wake up" when they were going to commit suicide?? And how in hell did Xiao Bai return from the death???

Oh..I hate when I don't understand the ending!!!!!! :cussing:

nugur

Re: The ending???

Post by nugur » Aug 14th, '06, 00:01

endless_cry wrote:I saw the series yesterday...it was OK..nothing more or less.....

but what happened in the end..I didn't understand anything???

Did Ken and Xio Feng die???? or did she "wake up" when they were going to commit suicide?? And how in hell did Xiao Bai return from the death???

Oh..I hate when I don't understand the ending!!!!!! :cussing:

to me i said she die with mike

make the ending a lil bit better =P

it hink they did that as an "alternate ending" so it wont be that sad

but i gotta admit the ending caught me by surprise cuz it all happen on the last episode

beardpapa

Post by beardpapa » Aug 14th, '06, 00:21

I agree with the other people when they say this drama was ok. It really wasn't that great, even with the dramatical plots. IMO, the character development was weak, so I couldn't really feel the emotional bond b/w the main characters. It could have been better (shrug). Also, I don't think Mike performed so well in this drama. He's good eye candy, but it's not enough for me to be drawn into the movie when he can't act that well

The real ending was the tragic one. The so-called happy ending was just a "what-if" scenario, but that was not the actual ending. In fact, I thought it was pointless for the director to insert that "what-if" ending b/c it didn't do much. A wastet of footage...

endless_cry

Post by endless_cry » Aug 14th, '06, 12:51

nugur wrote:
to me i said she die with mike

make the ending a lil bit better =P

it hink they did that as an "alternate ending" so it wont be that sad

but i gotta admit the ending caught me by surprise cuz it all happen on the last episode
To nugur:
YES!..exactly, everything happened in the last episode...Why??.why did the producer decide," lets make the show more emotional, dramatic, sad..and heartbreaking now".
it's really weird because every other episode was...lame, nothing happened, you couldn't feel anything, and just like that all the emotions that should have been there, from the start are instead in the ending........

beardpapa wrote:I agree with the other people when they say this drama was ok. It really wasn't that great, even with the dramatical plots. IMO, the character development was weak, so I couldn't really feel the emotional bond b/w the main characters. It could have been better (shrug). Also, I don't think Mike performed so well in this drama. He's good eye candy, but it's not enough for me to be drawn into the movie when he can't act that well

The real ending was the tragic one. The so-called happy ending was just a "what-if" scenario, but that was not the actual ending. In fact, I thought it was pointless for the director to insert that "what-if" ending b/c it didn't do much. A wastet of footage...

to beardpapa
Yes, that's what I meant with "OK", you couldn't feel the LOVE between the two of them, and you couldn't even see how it developed from friendship to let's die together. I believe this show could have been a lot better..if the actors would have shown us more emotions...

And the ending..hahah..Ok i get it now..but why in hell did they even bother to make "what-if" scene?? Personally i think the tragic one was better

princess98

Post by princess98 » Aug 17th, '06, 04:09

haha.
i thought this series was boring.ahha
those who like it like it while others dont.ahah

it was a boring drama to me. the storyline is okie atfirst but .um..after the 4th part.ahha. it became boring.hahah :P

yeah. mike's hot eyecandy..i only watched it because i thought the guy was cute.ahha
his acting in this drama is kind of bad esp when he crys ands stuff.ahha. it's kind of funnie..
:pale:

princess98

Post by princess98 » Aug 17th, '06, 04:13

Chinese Paladin is gonna win this month i think.haha. if condo hero isnt finished released.ahha..

:P
my vote---chinese paladin

Psygnius

Post by Psygnius » Aug 18th, '06, 04:22

I was wondering if someone could help me with a translation reference.

I'm pretty sure it's cultural-related, but I was wondering what Mu Tou was saying in Episode 6 after he made a reference to Kai's and Xiao Bai's eye sight. "You two add up to 500. You two!" "Two 250s add up to 500". I don't really get what Mu Tou is saying to the other two. Any help is apprecated.

I am trying to Americanize some of the subtitles and make them a bit more grammatically comprehensible. Although I'm very thankful for the subbers and editors and I have no problems with them, I think some of my friends would find them a little harder to understand. Plus, I think some of the subs are a bit too literal. By that, I just mean minor things such as "Scissors, paper, rock", is too literal. Even though it's exactly what they're saying, the common english way to say it would be "Rock, paper, scissors." Plus I'm planning on editing the sub lengths just so I can add them to DVDs.

If anyone would like me to upload the DVD-ready subs when I am done, I'd be willing to do it.

kar123

Post by kar123 » Aug 18th, '06, 05:07

to me.. it was a very boring drama...
I couldn't bring myself to watch even 30 minutes of it....
even though i enjoy mike he and ariel lin.... meh.. to me the story was just horrible..

DesOk

Post by DesOk » Aug 20th, '06, 11:21

I just finished watching this series yesterday. It started out interesting and seemed to have a good momentum to continue for 20 episodes. I have to say that I definitely liked a few scenes in this show and it was a bit more realistic at times, BUT it seems poorly directed and edited and many of the scenes are boring because they are too long or not needed (in my opinion). There were too many "dream" sequences and they got a bit confusing at times. Also, the acting was poor in many places as well. The plot seems to go in strange directions at times and certain themes in the plot seem forced or fade out throughout the show without resolution.

There were many times I thought I could just give up, but there were many funny and interesting scenes to keep my interest, at least for the first 17 episodes. I had to force myself to watch the last 3 episodes, especially the ending.
It seems too quick and thrown together and out of left field. Totally unrelated to the rest of the series in my opinion. I have to say it was one of the worst endings I've seen. I was caught completely off guard to the ending of episode 19 and on through to the last second of the series. I mean having thier friend die and her become a vegetable was completely stupid to me. The movie sideshow and the other times she switches from being a vegetable and ok is also a bit annoying. And what is it with the mulitple endings, especially the last one? I know others have asked this, but what was the reasoning behind doing this plot twist?
The last 3 episodes really annoyed me and I think I can watch the series again only if I skip them entirely.

The one big plus though was the music. I really liked it and I think it fit the show well, which is strange because the music tended to be better than the actual scene it was used in.

calci

Post by calci » Aug 22nd, '06, 21:07

just finished the serie too.
i don't really agree with desok, cause i really liked that drama, even if the end is a lot to sad for me and i almost couldn't stand it. (i don't know how long i kept crying after the word "the end", but it was long!)
i agree about the music which is really good, and i warn anyone who wish to watch this (especially those like me who started it because of Mike He) : this is really sad, and if you're looking for something like "devil beside you", don't watch love contract!

Kasey Sanada

Unable to find torrents

Post by Kasey Sanada » Aug 25th, '06, 05:35

I've downloaded the first episode of Love Contract, and now I can't seem to find the torrents for the rest of it ;_; Someone please help?

MUSASHI_KEN

Post by MUSASHI_KEN » Aug 27th, '06, 18:12

what about eps. 21,22, and 23???
i dont get it....in the official web says that this drama has 23 episodes, but here and wiki, says 20....
i am confused.....
somebody knows???
thankx^^

MUSASHI_KEN

Post by MUSASHI_KEN » Aug 27th, '06, 18:13

what about eps. 21,22, and 23???
i dont get it....in the official web says that this drama has 23 episodes, but here and wiki, says 20....
i am confused.....
somebody knows???
thankx^^

habukie
AiRen
AiRen

Post by habukie » Aug 27th, '06, 18:15

^^when it aired on tv, it had 23 episodes. however, the version here is 20 episodes because it's the vcd version.

abcd99

Post by abcd99 » Aug 27th, '06, 18:19

Since Return of the Condor Heroes 2006 is complete, I'll nominate it as the September 2006's CSoTM! :D

MUSASHI_KEN

Post by MUSASHI_KEN » Aug 27th, '06, 18:28

oh, i see thanks!!!!!^___^
so, i guess i will not miss nothing important, right?

babyblueangel

Post by babyblueangel » Aug 27th, '06, 18:40

i nominate eternal happiness!

Psygnius

Post by Psygnius » Aug 28th, '06, 07:19

MUSASHI_KEN wrote:oh, i see thanks!!!!!^___^
so, i guess i will not miss nothing important, right?
I think when it was released on DVD, they combined some of the episodes to make the episodes longer on the DVDs, the first few episodes are around 45 minutes each, near the end of the series, they get around to 55 to 59-minute episodes.

I would guess this was what happened. Well, whatever was cut out, must not have been too important. The flow of the story is fine with these 20 episodes.

elsiey

Post by elsiey » Aug 28th, '06, 15:06

lol, er... is it here where we nominate for the next SotM? Er... If it is, I nominate Under the Canopy of Love. XD If this isn't the place, then I'm sorry... x.x
Following: Sapuri - Taiyou no Uta - Smiling Pasta - Silence - Vineyard Man

Fave: Nobuta wo Produce - Bad Family - Silence

Watching: Exhibitions of Firework

neme_chan

Post by neme_chan » Aug 30th, '06, 16:13

May I ask when does the seeding for Love Contract stop? I'm still a little behind with downloading ._.

blue_smurf

Post by blue_smurf » Sep 3rd, '06, 02:41

fizendalee wrote:I think Meteor Garden 1 should be the next csotm! Never seen it, but I hear good things. Haha. and the boys are cute.
I;ve watched it four years ago :whistling: and darn it was and still is the best Taiwanese drama :cheers: and in my opinion, nothing comes close to its phenomenal success :lol No dull moment!!! :thumleft:

habukie
AiRen
AiRen

Post by habukie » Sep 7th, '06, 06:36

check out the September CSOTM: Chinese Paladin