Korean Series of the Month (MAY)

talk about and vote for the Series of the Week and Month

What series should be the first kSOTM?

Poll ended at May 5th, '04, 04:29

Attic Cat
21
8%
Beautiful Days
65
24%
Bright Girl's Success Story
37
13%
Bright Girl's Success Story
37
13%
Hotelier
20
7%
Loving You
67
24%
My Love Patzzi
28
10%
 
Total votes: 275

iceberri
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 559
Joined: Jan 18th, '04, 15:37
Location: New Jersey

Korean Series of the Month (MAY)

Post by iceberri » Apr 24th, '04, 04:29

NOTICE: If we suspect FOUL PLAY (i.e. multiple accounts) towards favoring a particular series, that series will be eliminated from this month's options! Keep in mind that this is a favor done BY everyone TO everyone, so we are trying our utmost to keep this fair for everybody. Please do not cheat so that the drama you want will win otherwise we will be forced to take more severe measures! There will always be next month.
*********************************************************
Okay, y'all. The first monthly kSOTM is finally here! ^_^ Vote for the series you want seeded. Seeding will start on Monday, May 3rd. The winning drama will be announced on Sunday, May 2nd so seeders can prepare the first half of the series.

Thanks to all who offered to help seed the above dramas, and to nsk who contacted jem and got his permission. This would all not have been possible without everyone's collabarative effort.

What is the Korean Series of the Month?
kSOTM is a featured series that will have seeding for a month.

How does a series become a featured series?
First of all, the series need to be completed and have enough volunteering seeders. Currently, we will poll series for kdramas from d-addicts and jem's sites. We are hoping to use torrents from aznV.net; however, we have not received a reply regarding those torrents.

Why a kSOTM?
Why not, LOL. There are many advantages to a kSOTM!

1. People will know what series is available and have seeds, rather than just waiting and hoping.
2. For those seeders who have DVD burners and have already burnt their collections to DVD/CD, then with the series of the week you know which series you can pull off of DVD to help seed, minimizing troublesome multiple DVD loading.
3. Constantly re-circulates older torrents back into view, and focuses bandwidth and demand toward those specific torrents, rather than having people request series across the board.

How does kSOTM work?
The first two weeks of kSOTW will be dedicated to the first half of the series. The last two weeks of the month would be dedicated to the second half of a series. For each half, the second week of dedicated seeding would be similar to the current SOTW second week; a week for peers to play catch up.

Will torrents from other sites be uploaded or linked?
Jem's torrents will not be uploaded on the d-addicts tracker due to his request. Currently, there's a bug on Jem's site that prevents us from viewing how many seeders and leechers are connected, but we will distribute the seeders evenly so that no torrent will be left unseeded! (At the very least, we will try out best. :))

Why is the kSOTM not a SOTW
Kdrama's are too long to just feature for a week or two. By extending the seeding time over a month period we hope to remedy the following:

1. Give enough time for people to download the complete series because they are longer.
2. Take away some of the load for seeders since they would only concentrate on half of the series at a time.
3. Help the fans that want do download both kdramas and jdramas that are featured series of the SOTW/SOTM.

If you are not listed above to seed but would like to contribute to seeding, please reply to the thread with the names of the series. If you are among the listed seeders and won't be able to seed for any reason, please also reply so we can adjust the poll as needed.

Again, thanks to everyone for helping with the launch of kSOTM, including mods, admin, ops, volunteers and fans. We hope this is a success for all kdrama fans!

This month's candidates:

x. Attic Cat - http://www.koreanwiz.org/drama-cat.html
((Puccakiss79, Scyth3r, kumukurukuk, chisin, miriko, sjinhan, hakurey, In-sung, o0Tsukushi0o, aznkoodies, leeunit, sjinhan, Ang3lHart))
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

x. Beautiful Days - http://www.koreanwiz.org/drama-beautifuldays.html
((iceberri, puccakiss79, aznkoodies, leeunit, nanda, anh_thanh))
ImageImageImage Image

x. Bright Girl's Success Story - http://ch8.mediacorptv.com/shows/drama/view/269/1/.html
((iceberri, in-sung, aznkoodies, nanda, seirin))
ImageImageImageImageImage

x. Hotelier - http://www.koreanwiz.org/drama-hotelier.html
((Puccakiss79, anh_thanh, kumukurukuk, miriko, o0Tsukushi0o, aznkoodies, nanda))
ImageImageImage

x. Loving You - http://www.koreanwiz.org/drama-lovingyoukbs.html
((puccakiss79, leeunit, nanda))
ImageImageImageImageImage

x. My Love Patzzi - http://www.koreanwiz.org/drama-mylovepatsy.html
((iceberri, aznkoodies, nanda, seirin))
ImageImageImage
++++
Thanks puccakiss for helping me with everything, and Ruroshin for the wonderful work on the banner!
Last edited by iceberri on May 2nd, '04, 14:17, edited 11 times in total.

User avatar
kood
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 285
Joined: Feb 29th, '04, 10:07
Location: USA

Post by kood » Apr 24th, '04, 04:31

Loving You

The only series I don't possess.

EDIT: Go Loving You Go!
Last edited by kood on Apr 24th, '04, 21:11, edited 1 time in total.
Status: inactive | life_offline_school_work

User avatar
puccakiss79
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 452
Joined: Jan 22nd, '04, 16:39

Post by puccakiss79 » Apr 24th, '04, 04:31

:w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: i bet it's going to be loving you

the pictures are great iceberri....the most are for my fave kdrama :P

User avatar
thetenken
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 241
Joined: Jan 7th, '04, 05:35
Location: Here.

Post by thetenken » Apr 24th, '04, 04:41

Just to let you know (if you didn't already), Attic Cat was a SotW a few months ago...

bludawn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 87
Joined: Mar 4th, '04, 15:14

Post by bludawn » Apr 24th, '04, 04:42

i've already seen these but lemme break the tie w/ the one i like =D

User avatar
Scyth3r
Posts: 64
Joined: Jan 18th, '04, 20:56

Post by Scyth3r » Apr 24th, '04, 04:50

No All In? Or ROYOW?
I'm just about equal w/ all of them. Who wants to buy my vote? ;)

My bet is on Bright Girl's Success Story winning. =P
Last edited by Scyth3r on Apr 24th, '04, 04:53, edited 2 times in total.

iceberri
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 559
Joined: Jan 18th, '04, 15:37
Location: New Jersey

Post by iceberri » Apr 24th, '04, 04:51

thetenken wrote:Just to let you know (if you didn't already), Attic Cat was a SotW a few months ago...
Yeah, and because of the batch torrent released by gimho, a lot of people also have it to seed. I don't think it'll win anyway. :P
Scyth3r wrote:So we can do JEM torrents now? Or are those not JEM rips?

No All In? Or ROYOW?
I'm just about equal w/ all of them. Who wants to buy my vote? ;)
We got permission from Jem to do it. :) Unfortunately, there's not enough seeders for All In and ROYOW to guarantee a success. =\ Otherwise, you can bet my vote would be going there instead.... Perhaps next month? ^_^

User avatar
puccakiss79
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 452
Joined: Jan 22nd, '04, 16:39

Post by puccakiss79 » Apr 24th, '04, 04:55

Scyth3r wrote:No All In? Or ROYOW?
Those are the two i would vote for!!! Not enough seeders :cry:

User avatar
Scyth3r
Posts: 64
Joined: Jan 18th, '04, 20:56

Post by Scyth3r » Apr 24th, '04, 04:58

Whoops. Should've read the thread more carefully. =P Looks like I didn't get my edit in time. ;)
puccakiss79 wrote:
Scyth3r wrote:No All In? Or ROYOW?
Those are the two i would vote for!!! Not enough seeders :cry:
Same here. Ah well, I will look to get them through trade and I'll post them up if I do.

kdlynn
Posts: 2
Joined: Apr 21st, '04, 15:43
Location: California

Series of the Month

Post by kdlynn » Apr 24th, '04, 05:04

I'm voting for Loving You

User avatar
kboy107
Posts: 18
Joined: Mar 17th, '04, 14:29
Location: So. Cal

Post by kboy107 » Apr 24th, '04, 05:23

sorry guys...I still haven't got my All In cds back... :unsure: ...I'll have to go track my bro down ...try to get them back by the end of this uncoming week...how about I hook up with you puccakiss and set up a seed time since I see you on all the time...then maybe we can get enough seeders for it to make the KSOTM...pm and tell me what you think...

...oh yeah...I vote for Bright Girl's Success

User avatar
puccakiss79
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 452
Joined: Jan 22nd, '04, 16:39

Post by puccakiss79 » Apr 24th, '04, 05:47

kboy107 wrote:sorry guys...I still haven't got my All In cds back... :unsure: ...I'll have to go track my bro down ...try to get them back by the end of this uncoming week...how about I hook up with you puccakiss and set up a seed time since I see you on all the time...then maybe we can get enough seeders for it to make the KSOTM...pm and tell me what you think...
don't feel bad kboy107!!! there are more months to come, so i'm sure you'll get the opportunity to share...thanks for caring though. Anytime someone wants to hook me up w/ kdrama i won't refuse 8) . Thanks.

User avatar
hakurey
Posts: 40
Joined: Dec 9th, '03, 03:23
Location: Australia

Post by hakurey » Apr 24th, '04, 05:50

iceberri excellent work!!!

Bright Girl is my first kdrama and that was over 7mts ago...not sure which i'll vote for???
What kind of adult we'll be depends on what it'll leave us.
Where did you steal this sentence from?

User avatar
nsk
Posts: 21
Joined: Mar 26th, '04, 23:06

Post by nsk » Apr 24th, '04, 06:22

I just checked the discs of All in from my trade, at first I thought it won't be the same w/ the one posted on d-addicts because of the differences in format so I didn't volunteer. But upon closer inspection...looks like they might be from d-a. So if someone could double check on it, I should be able to seed for it. These are the format:

MPG from ep.1-10, 14 and AVI for the rest w/ CIMG subs

Note: I will be away for 4+ months for summer vacation from 10th May to about end of September so...I won't be able to seed during that time (imagine dial up connection doing seeding :lol )

So if it's the same and you guys don't mind waiting, I'm willing to help seed :)

User avatar
puccakiss79
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 452
Joined: Jan 22nd, '04, 16:39

Post by puccakiss79 » Apr 24th, '04, 06:52

nsk wrote:I just checked the discs of All in from my trade, at first I thought it won't be the same w/ the one posted on d-addicts because of the differences in format so I didn't volunteer. But upon closer inspection...looks like they might be from d-a. So if someone could double check on it, I should be able to seed for it. These are the format:

MPG from ep.1-10, 14 and AVI for the rest w/ CIMG subs

Note: I will be away for 4+ months for summer vacation from 10th May to about end of September so...I won't be able to seed during that time (imagine dial up connection doing seeding :lol )

So if it's the same and you guys don't mind waiting, I'm willing to help seed :)
Like i've said we've got lots a dramas to go through :) Thanks nsk. So do you think you would be able to do the announce on Sunday, May 2? I will still remind you if this is okay.

User avatar
amrayu
Administrator
Administrator
Posts: 762
Joined: Dec 19th, '03, 06:30
Location: South Bay
Contact:

Post by amrayu » Apr 24th, '04, 09:12

puccakiss79 wrote:
nsk wrote:I just checked the discs of All in from my trade, at first I thought it won't be the same w/ the one posted on d-addicts because of the differences in format so I didn't volunteer. But upon closer inspection...looks like they might be from d-a. So if someone could double check on it, I should be able to seed for it. These are the format:

MPG from ep.1-10, 14 and AVI for the rest w/ CIMG subs

Note: I will be away for 4+ months for summer vacation from 10th May to about end of September so...I won't be able to seed during that time (imagine dial up connection doing seeding :lol )

So if it's the same and you guys don't mind waiting, I'm willing to help seed :)
Like i've said we've got lots a dramas to go through :) Thanks nsk. So do you think you would be able to do the announce on Sunday, May 2? I will still remind you if this is okay.
i have all of these kdramas on dvd-r, someone here want to seed them? i can send a couple k-dramas (through snail mail) to a seeder. currently too busy with some subbing business. :blink
PM me if anyone wants to seed. :mrgreen:
Follow SARS-Fansubs on Twitter now!
Get up-to-date info on dramas and fansubbing!

User avatar
chromatic
Posts: 10
Joined: Apr 24th, '04, 11:50

Post by chromatic » Apr 24th, '04, 11:53

LOVING YOU :D thanks

bamz
Posts: 2
Joined: Apr 6th, '04, 09:48

Post by bamz » Apr 24th, '04, 13:18

I only have the Attic Cat series(All Eps) to help seeding,
vote for Beautiful Days.

iceberri
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 559
Joined: Jan 18th, '04, 15:37
Location: New Jersey

Post by iceberri » Apr 24th, '04, 13:57

hakurey wrote:iceberri excellent work!!!

Bright Girl is my first kdrama and that was over 7mts ago...not sure which i'll vote for???
Thanks! But most of the credit should really go to Puccakiss who slaved away over it last night as well. :thumright:

@amrayu: thanks for offering to do that! It's very generous of you. btw, a little off-topic.. but where will Gokusen be released, if at all to bt? :)
Last edited by iceberri on Apr 24th, '04, 15:43, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
kboy107
Posts: 18
Joined: Mar 17th, '04, 14:29
Location: So. Cal

Post by kboy107 » Apr 24th, '04, 14:49

iceberri...maybe you should leave up the list of people's kdramas so that the seeds can coordinate with each other...also a list of kdramas that others haven't mentioned and need seeds for...like I never saw Autumn tale up there...just a suggestion

iceberri
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 559
Joined: Jan 18th, '04, 15:37
Location: New Jersey

Post by iceberri » Apr 24th, '04, 15:07

kboy107 wrote:iceberri...maybe you should leave up the list of people's kdramas so that the seeds can coordinate with each other...also a list of kdramas that others haven't mentioned and need seeds for...like I never saw Autumn tale up there...just a suggestion
The list of seeders is directly below the series' name and I do believe that the original kSOTM thread is still up there. If a Jem series does get chosen, pucca and I will PM the seeders regarding which episodes they should focus on. Hopefully, with dividing the number of episodes each person focuses on, will make the entire process more efficient. We will figure it out once it gets elected. ;)

Autumn Tale is not up there because I thought Takez0 and a few of the mods were handling a revamping of the original series with better subs & quality. Once it's finished, as with all other completed series, it will be an option for kSOTM. =)

User avatar
nsk
Posts: 21
Joined: Mar 26th, '04, 23:06

Post by nsk » Apr 24th, '04, 15:22

puccakiss79: Yeap, there shouldn't be a problem for me to do the announce on sunday. Sundays are always great :)

amrayu: very generous of you 8) !!

iceberri & puccakiss79: Great work with the poll! Thanks for all the effort!

ruroshin: Excellent banner! Simply love itt :D !!

User avatar
kboy107
Posts: 18
Joined: Mar 17th, '04, 14:29
Location: So. Cal

Post by kboy107 » Apr 24th, '04, 15:44

sorry iceberri....wasn't looking too closely...faux pas on my part....I heard that they were doing revamping of autumn tale, but wasn't sure what was happening with that...they've already released the softsubbed versions of eps1-3, it's just the subs that they're changing now isn't it?

iceberri
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 559
Joined: Jan 18th, '04, 15:37
Location: New Jersey

Post by iceberri » Apr 24th, '04, 15:57

kboy107 wrote:sorry iceberri....wasn't looking too closely...faux pas on my part....I heard that they were doing revamping of autumn tale, but wasn't sure what was happening with that...they've already released the softsubbed versions of eps1-3, it's just the subs that they're changing now isn't it?
I thought I read something about that but I wasn't too sure if I was hallucinating or not. :P Anyways, the poll has already started so perhaps we'll add a Autumn Tale as an option next month if there's enough seeders/interest. But for now, I think 6 options is good enough, ya? Looks like Bright Girl and Loving You are dueling it out... :blink

User avatar
puccakiss79
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 452
Joined: Jan 22nd, '04, 16:39

Post by puccakiss79 » Apr 24th, '04, 16:18

nsk wrote:puccakiss79: Yeap, there shouldn't be a problem for me to do the announce on sunday. Sundays are always great :)
nice, everything is falling into place so far :D
nsk wrote: iceberri & puccakiss79: Great work with the poll! Thanks for all the effort!
believe me, we're just as excited as you, lol. Thank you for helping with the effort nsk!
nsk wrote:ruroshin: Excellent banner! Simply love itt :D !!
That banner made my weekend!!! it was iceberri's idea to post pictures in the poll and look at the results!!!!! Thanks Ruroshin, the banner is sweet!

Now what should i vote for. I've seen everything...just don't have the Jang Nara Series

neutralidea
Posts: 3
Joined: Apr 11th, '04, 02:49

Post by neutralidea » Apr 24th, '04, 17:10

I vote for "Loving You". Great story...

Thanks for all of you having great ideas of putting pictures and links as movie references. Brilliant idea!!! :wub:

User avatar
miriko
Posts: 139
Joined: Mar 22nd, '04, 05:50
Location: Montreal
Contact:

Post by miriko » Apr 24th, '04, 17:38

I'd like to vote ofr hotelier... but i think i am fidhting a losing battle :-(

iceberri
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 559
Joined: Jan 18th, '04, 15:37
Location: New Jersey

Post by iceberri » Apr 24th, '04, 17:42

miriko wrote:I'd like to vote ofr hotelier... but i think i am fidhting a losing battle :-(
The poll has only just begun! In 10 day's time, who knows what'll happen. :roll If people look at this and say "oh, I want my love patzzi, but it's getting its butt whooped so I won't vote" and you have...say, 5-6 people thinking like that... then My Love Patzzi won't win! Same applies with any other of the choices up there. ^^ Besides, there's always next month. =D

User avatar
mangosteen
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 1370
Joined: Apr 13th, '04, 15:59
Location: California

Post by mangosteen » Apr 24th, '04, 17:42

I heard that Loving You's story is not good. So I vote for My Love Pazzi. But why don't I see Romance? I wanna watch it but no one helps. :-( :-( :cry:

User avatar
puccakiss79
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 452
Joined: Jan 22nd, '04, 16:39

Post by puccakiss79 » Apr 24th, '04, 17:49

mangosteen wrote:I heard that Loving You's story is not good. So I vote for My Love Pazzi. But why don't I see Romance? I wanna watch it but no one helps. :-( :-( :cry:
I enjoyed Loving You, it's a nice summer drama. Jeju island is beautiful. Anyway, no Romance because no seeds...maybe more volunteers will come forward for future kSOTM.

iceberri
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 559
Joined: Jan 18th, '04, 15:37
Location: New Jersey

Post by iceberri » Apr 24th, '04, 17:51

mangosteen wrote:I heard that Loving You's story is not good. So I vote for My Love Pazzi. But why don't I see Romance? I wanna watch it but no one helps. :-( :-( :cry:
A couple dramas that I wanted was also excluded unfortunately from this month's polls. We wanted to have at least 3 seeders who had the completed series ready to seed (not incomplete/currently not in possession). That's why series like All In, ROYOW, Romance, and Since I Met You are not up there.

Winter Sonata and Summer Scent aren't there because we haven't obtained permission from aznv yet about but we're hoping to do so within the next month so it'll be available next month.

I hope this clarifies why some series are up and not others. If you want to see the series that you want up as an option, get volunteer seeders!! It's as simple as that. :)

edit: and on the contrary, I heard Loving You was verry good...

User avatar
hakurey
Posts: 40
Joined: Dec 9th, '03, 03:23
Location: Australia

Post by hakurey » Apr 24th, '04, 17:52

iceberri wrote:
hakurey wrote:iceberri excellent work!!!

Bright Girl is my first kdrama and that was over 7mts ago...not sure which i'll vote for???
Thanks! But most of the credit should really go to Puccakiss who slaved away over it last night as well. :thumright:
Well then thanks to puccakiss also for the great work she's put in and also ruroshin for the banner work.

I'm hearing the other series of the week folks going "hell yeah we'll make ours prettier too" :lol:
What kind of adult we'll be depends on what it'll leave us.
Where did you steal this sentence from?

User avatar
puccakiss79
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 452
Joined: Jan 22nd, '04, 16:39

Post by puccakiss79 » Apr 24th, '04, 17:58

hakurey wrote:
Well then thanks to puccakiss also for the great work she's put in
:)
hakurey wrote:and also ruroshin for the banner work.
LOL, i only asked for a link but i love the banner...attention grabber for sure!
hakurey wrote:I'm hearing the other series of the week folks going "hell yeah we'll make ours prettier too" :lol:
I think it's a great idea. More ppl should participate in the forums and the banner is a nice way to welcome them, IMO. =)

User avatar
shirahime
Posts: 205
Joined: Dec 11th, '03, 20:54
Location: Sweden

Post by shirahime » Apr 24th, '04, 18:00

I've seen all of them, my ranking would be:

1. attic cat, great story, great ppl
2. beautiful day, good story, good ppl
3. bright girl, wicked and fun, different
4. my love patzzi, just bcoz i love KRW
5. hotelier, coz it's better than loving you
6. loving you, so-so
Image

iceberri
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 559
Joined: Jan 18th, '04, 15:37
Location: New Jersey

Post by iceberri » Apr 24th, '04, 18:41

hakurey wrote:I'm hearing the other series of the week folks going "hell yeah we'll make ours prettier too" :lol:
thetenken's just jealous. Image Hehe, just kidding, just kidding! So do I hear some competition? Whoever's post is prettier wins? kSOTM vs. jSOTW? We're sooo gonna win! :lol

Hmmm, just noticed something. Why are we missing a wink smiley? I had to go over to solid's forums to get the smiley I wanted!

User avatar
puccakiss79
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 452
Joined: Jan 22nd, '04, 16:39

Post by puccakiss79 » Apr 24th, '04, 18:45

LOL, i guess i'm a ham for drama, i prefer straight up drama over the comical dramas.

My fave list would put My love patzzi and Attic Cat at the bottom just because the main character's bickering love kaina gets old for me. The other dramas had anger management issues for some of their characters which was great for pucca's short attention span. LOL

Loving You' ending does fall short though. But i thought Eugene did a good job acting (despite all the haters out there) . Maybe i liked it better because i've watched it on KBFD and the episodes ended at more cliffhanger parts. The first time i watched the version jem posted i thought part of the pool scene was cut (the very important part :P ). Episode two starts right before the part that was Korea's and KBFD's cliffhanger for episode one :P . But i guess it doesn't really matter now because when you download all the episodes you probably just watch them together anyway. I liked Lee Yoo Ri's acting as the evil girl in this drama, different from her role in Yellow Hankerchief. :)

I like to see actors play different types of characters. I've finally seen KRW play a more challenging role in Plum Blossom but in My Love Patzii and Attic Cat aren't his roles the same. I still like him and Jang Nara...would love to see her play a different character as well.

*sighs*i'm still pondering my vote :-(

User avatar
sel
Posts: 9
Joined: Dec 13th, '03, 23:04

i vote for my love patzzi

Post by sel » Apr 24th, '04, 19:26

:D i vote for my love patzzi well i seen the first ep at jem....i like it..i hope it get pick...i want to c a comical serie rather tahn "cancer love"....hmm...question..does this serie have eng sub....hope so.... :roll

User avatar
MeaningOfLife
Posts: 10
Joined: Jan 30th, '04, 10:11
Location: USA

Post by MeaningOfLife » Apr 24th, '04, 19:28

I voted for the one with the most screenshots.

User avatar
puccakiss79
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 452
Joined: Jan 22nd, '04, 16:39

Re: i vote for my love patzzi

Post by puccakiss79 » Apr 24th, '04, 19:29

sel wrote::D i vote for my love patzzi well i seen the first ep at jem....i like it..i hope it get pick...i want to c a comical serie rather tahn "cancer love"
not to burst your bubble but my love patzzi includes "cancer love" except its a heart condition, but its still more light hearted than Beautiful Days, my favorite :cry: :-( :) :D
sel wrote:....hmm...question..does this serie have eng sub....hope so.... :roll
yes, they all have subs...hotelier and attic cat have soft subs while the ones from jem's site are hard.

sdtifa
Posts: 1
Joined: Apr 24th, '04, 20:05

Post by sdtifa » Apr 24th, '04, 20:05

definitly LOVING YOU!!!

MoerkJ
Administrator
Administrator
Posts: 1322
Joined: Dec 6th, '03, 08:40
Location: Germany

Post by MoerkJ » Apr 24th, '04, 21:39

argh, those series i already have are leading the poll... and the series i need episodes of are excluded from the poll. luck is not on my side.
:stress:
..:: ( Clubbox | Wiki | FAQ | [url=irc://irc.rizon.net:6667/d-addicts]IRC[/url] ) ::..

Ruroshin
Administrator
Administrator
Posts: 1179
Joined: Dec 6th, '03, 00:57
Been thanked: 1 time

Post by Ruroshin » Apr 24th, '04, 22:46

iceberri wrote: Hmmm, just noticed something. Why are we missing a wink smiley? I had to go over to solid's forums to get the smiley I wanted!

wink added :wink:

gfngfgf
Posts: 3
Joined: Feb 21st, '04, 17:41
Location: Los Angeles

Post by gfngfgf » Apr 24th, '04, 22:52

wow, I actually have all these dramas. I've downloaded a lot, but haven't watched much of it :lol When I'm at college, I have a bandwith limit which makes seeding very difficult, but when I'm at home (last week of May), even though it's only DSL, I'll be sure to help out seeding whichever series wins.

gfngfgf
Posts: 3
Joined: Feb 21st, '04, 17:41
Location: Los Angeles

Post by gfngfgf » Apr 24th, '04, 22:56

puccakiss79 wrote:LOL, i guess i'm a ham for drama, i prefer straight up drama over the comical dramas.

My fave list would put My love patzzi and Attic Cat at the bottom just because the main character's bickering love kaina gets old for me. The other dramas had anger management issues for some of their characters which was great for pucca's short attention span. LOL

Loving You' ending does fall short though. But i thought Eugene did a good job acting (despite all the haters out there) . Maybe i liked it better because i've watched it on KBFD and the episodes ended at more cliffhanger parts. The first time i watched the version jem posted i thought part of the pool scene was cut (the very important part :P ). Episode two starts right before the part that was Korea's and KBFD's cliffhanger for episode one :P . But i guess it doesn't really matter now because when you download all the episodes you probably just watch them together anyway. I liked Lee Yoo Ri's acting as the evil girl in this drama, different from her role in Yellow Hankerchief. :)

I like to see actors play different types of characters. I've finally seen KRW play a more challenging role in Plum Blossom but in My Love Patzii and Attic Cat aren't his roles the same. I still like him and Jang Nara...would love to see her play a different character as well.

*sighs*i'm still pondering my vote :-(
I totally agree with everything you said about "Loving You". The first 6 episodes took me about 2 months to watch because I'd never feel any pressing need to watch the next episode. It was always sorta happy. But then I think right at episode 7 is where it picks up, because I ended up watching the rest of the series to see how it ended.

iceberri
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 559
Joined: Jan 18th, '04, 15:37
Location: New Jersey

Post by iceberri » Apr 25th, '04, 00:01

Ruroshin wrote:
iceberri wrote: Hmmm, just noticed something. Why are we missing a wink smiley? I had to go over to solid's forums to get the smiley I wanted!

wink added :wink:
Thanks for fulfilling my rather childish request. :P Now I can wink all over the place! *spams with winking* No worries.. this smiley will be put to good use! :wink: See what I mean?

duba878
Posts: 5
Joined: Apr 25th, '04, 02:30
Contact:

should be...

Post by duba878 » Apr 25th, '04, 02:32

i think korean drama of the month should be BEAUTIFUL DAYS! it has never been on daddicts before, i don't think.

User avatar
puccakiss79
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 452
Joined: Jan 22nd, '04, 16:39

Re: should be...

Post by puccakiss79 » Apr 25th, '04, 02:40

duba878 wrote:i think korean drama of the month should be BEAUTIFUL DAYS! it has never been on daddicts before, i don't think.
even if it is the kSOTM it won't be uploaded to d-addicts, jem is allowing us to use his torrents as long as we don't upload them here. His other condition is being taken care of by nsk. There really is no need to upload/link his torrents here anyway, you can d/l them from his site.

BTW, BD is my fave kdrama. :thumright:
Last edited by puccakiss79 on Apr 25th, '04, 02:44, edited 1 time in total.

meme
Posts: 18
Joined: Apr 14th, '04, 22:33

Post by meme » Apr 25th, '04, 02:41

im voting for HOTELIER!!

been waiting to see the series for SO SO LONG now :)

leeunit
Posts: 129
Joined: Apr 9th, '04, 16:32

Post by leeunit » Apr 25th, '04, 02:41

ahh looks like beautiful days is making a late run for it!! :lol

iceberri
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 559
Joined: Jan 18th, '04, 15:37
Location: New Jersey

Post by iceberri » Apr 25th, '04, 03:03

It's anybody's game at this point. ^_^

Anyways, I added some more pictures... Once I have the time, I swear I'll make everything look nicer and more . . .even, with better quality pictures! But right now, I'm just putting up whatever the heck I can find. =P

User avatar
xiaryx
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 257
Joined: Dec 15th, '03, 04:06
Location: Cambridge, MA

Post by xiaryx » Apr 25th, '04, 04:21

hehe I am going to join the kdrama frenzy too! Personally my favorite kdrama of all time is still Beautiful Day. Dont miss it if you are just starting to watch korean shows!

iceberri
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 559
Joined: Jan 18th, '04, 15:37
Location: New Jersey

Post by iceberri » Apr 25th, '04, 05:06

xiaryx wrote:hehe I am going to join the kdrama frenzy too! Personally my favorite kdrama of all time is still Beautiful Day. Dont miss it if you are just starting to watch korean shows!
hehehe, like so many others, that's gotta be my favorite too. :wub:
Let's see.. if I had to rate my favorite kdramas that I've seen up there . . .
#1 - Beautiful Days, hands down. I loved the storyline and the acting, and for once, the ending was unique (to the genre of kdramas anyway :P)! I really love cold & heartless Lee Byung Hun... which is perhaps why I absolutely adored the first two thirds of the series, and started goggling my eyes out at the sudden change in character in the last third. Not a good type of goggling, but the series as a whole, was amazing. =)
#2 - Attic Cat - At first, I only watched it for Kim Rae Won, but Jung Dabin really grew on me. ^__^ The supporting actors are alright too; not too shabby, though I think the supporting male lead was a bit too... emotionless. >_>
#3 - Bright Girl - Different and Jang Nara's a little wacky. As usual. But it's inspirational and unlike other kdramas.
#4 - My Love Patzzi - Okie, this was my first kdrama... At the time, I fell in love with it, but then... I started watching others, and err.. I fell out of love with it. ..lol.. Not that it's bad, mind you. Kim Jae and Rae Won are utterly cute in this, and Jang Nara's spunky character makes you laugh a heckuva lot. I just didn't like the ending...

Dude, where did this sudden urge to review dramas come from??? :blink Hmm, I wonder if all these reviews are affecting the vote in the slightest... :unsure:

User avatar
habukie
AiRen
AiRen
Posts: 1364
Joined: Mar 1st, '04, 21:42
Location: away

Post by habukie » Apr 25th, '04, 06:20

well, speaking as someone who hasn't seen ANY of these (yes, i am just getting on the kdrama bandwagon!), these reviews and the links you posted helped me decide which one to vote for. :D it's nice to know which ones are more romantic comedy and which are more drama drama, since i'm partial to a certain genre just like everyone else. :lol

thanks for all your work!

User avatar
Michi
Posts: 14
Joined: Dec 28th, '03, 18:53
Location: Malaysia
Contact:

Post by Michi » Apr 25th, '04, 09:38

ATTIC CAT plssssssssssss

User avatar
Cleo
Posts: 93
Joined: Apr 10th, '04, 12:56
Location: France

Post by Cleo » Apr 25th, '04, 11:03

I vote too for beautiful days!! :) I don't know this serie but it seems pretty cool!

User avatar
neonkinpatsu
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 672
Joined: Dec 20th, '03, 09:32
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Contact:

Post by neonkinpatsu » Apr 25th, '04, 13:10

habukie wrote:well, speaking as someone who hasn't seen ANY of these (yes, i am just getting on the kdrama bandwagon!), these reviews and the links you posted helped me decide which one to vote for. :D it's nice to know which ones are more romantic comedy and which are more drama drama, since i'm partial to a certain genre just like everyone else. :lol

thanks for all your work!
Well, I've seen all but one so I can help with the description for each :mrgreen:

Attic Cat - Romantic comedy, slight drama occasionally. I feel this show was pretty unique because of the subject matter (rich single man living secretly with a poor single girl, but supposedly platonic...causes controversy among those who find out). Highly recommended, I did like this show a whole lot! The bickering can get a little annoying sometimes, but who cares? ;) The soundtrack is um...interesting, hehehe. Yum, Kim Rae Won. :roll Vindictive female character is included, lol. It's high on my list of faves, along with Beautiful Days, Hotelier, Winter Sonata, and Sandglass.

Beautiful Days - One of my favorites, EVER. Lee Byung Hun, need I say more? TEH ACTOR. And hot, too. But that's because I'm a girl...that helps :lol This show is pure drama, I don't remember any comedic elements. This show sucks you in quickly. Lee Jung Hyun is in it, as an aspiring singer. Heh. The soundtrack is great, too. Besides her techno songs, Heaven is probably my favorite Lee Jung Hyun song. I don't like her singing voice much at all so I usually only listen to the techno :lol I feel this is a must see.

Bright Girl - This is not a hardcore favorite of mine. I did like it, but Jang Nara....her character started to irritate me at the end and she looks like jailbait. The ending was like..."huh? WTF?", in my opinion. Jang Hyuk plays a rich jerk, but he's good at it and nice to look at :lol I don't find the story particularly unique. It's worth a watch, though. There's a vindictive female character too....

Hotelier - I thought it was great! It's drama. Something small and funny may happen once in a long while, but it's drama pretty much throughout. The main actress is pretty good, but hasn't starred in much overall, at least not lately. I think everyone should see this one.

Loving You - This drama was ok. Not a favorite, but good. It's not deep drama. There's a vindictive female character...as per usual. Once in a while something funny happens. Like the hose thing, hehehe.

My Love Patzzi - I didn't see this one yet. It has Jang Nara in it and is based on a folk tale or something, with sort of a twist (so I hear). Sounds like it might be a romantic comedy.
Image
Nothing can ruin a career faster than an office party.

Dawb
Posts: 1
Joined: Apr 16th, '04, 05:00

My vote

Post by Dawb » Apr 25th, '04, 16:49

My vote is for Beautiful Days....

kumukurukuk
Posts: 10
Joined: Feb 9th, '04, 09:12
Location: CA

Post by kumukurukuk » Apr 25th, '04, 22:00

i hope beautiful days wins (vote for beautiful days!!!!)
the main guy is hella cute, i wanna watch it

Bright Girls success- I really liked this one this was my first romantic comedy kdrama. I Fell in love with jang hyuk. ever since I watched this I've been a fan. Its really funny and I thought it would be predictable but it wasn't i was really surprised by the story. The bad guy was really scary and the evil girl was really irritating

Attic cat- One of my favorites. The stories and a lot of scenes are super sweet. Made me a fan of kim rae won. after watching this i got the kim rae won fever coz he's soo hot. Kim rae won is soo funny. The other guy didn't act very well but I really like him coz his character was really likable

Loving you- haven't watched it yet, but i will
My love patzzi- haven't watch it , but i will
Last edited by kumukurukuk on Apr 25th, '04, 22:09, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage

User avatar
yujin
Posts: 43
Joined: Mar 8th, '04, 06:30
Location: Home is where the heart is

Post by yujin » Apr 25th, '04, 22:08

Loving you should winnn..it a great drama. Yujin And Park.

bobdoedoe
Posts: 9
Joined: Apr 25th, '04, 19:02

Post by bobdoedoe » Apr 26th, '04, 00:05

is it possible to create multiple accounts for multiple votes? or is it logged as ip? If this was possible, it would make for some unbalanced situations. just wondering

User avatar
shirahime
Posts: 205
Joined: Dec 11th, '03, 20:54
Location: Sweden

Post by shirahime » Apr 26th, '04, 21:10

bobdoedoe wrote:is it possible to create multiple accounts for multiple votes? or is it logged as ip? If this was possible, it would make for some unbalanced situations. just wondering
well if you have the time and the force and realy realy want your drama to win, multiple accounts are possible, logicly since more than one person can share a computer not to mention an ip address.
To avoid 10 accouts from the same ip-address you can use computers at school or in internet cafe ;)
Nothing I would like to waste my time on :glare: I have better stuff to do :lol :lol
Image

iceberri
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 559
Joined: Jan 18th, '04, 15:37
Location: New Jersey

Post by iceberri » Apr 26th, '04, 21:20

Exactly what shirahime said. If people were really desperate, they *could* create multiple accounts, but we're hoping that people won't do that... The series that should win should be the most popular one that represents what everyone wants, but we understand that people often don't have everyone else's best interest in mind. There's nothing that can track or record multiple accounts, so to answer your question, the votes *could* be swayed to favor something at this moment. I'm hoping this isn't the case... but you never know. Besides, the same technique could similarly have been used to sway SOTW, but what really matters is that it gives a chance for older series to be recirculated. Eventually, we're hoping each series will get a shot, but since this is the first time, pucca & I aren't even sure if it's going to work..

Anyways, if you (not referring to you directly) can't be patient enough to wait for your series till next time, then really... I have nothing to say to you. Honestly... creating multiple accounts to sway a vote for something would be really sad. Really really sad.

User avatar
kood
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 285
Joined: Feb 29th, '04, 10:07
Location: USA

Post by kood » Apr 26th, '04, 21:41

Creating multiple accounts could be known because of the logged IP. I'm a regular at another forum and moderators are always on the lookout for leechers who does create multiple accounts to leech faster, but they (moderators) can't ban the IP. In doing so, they'll end up banning the user and others from the state area. I think it's time for the Admin to get rewrite the code or upgrade to a different program to ban just a specific IP or maybe Iceberri's correct and IPs can't be traced from multiple accounts.

EDIT: People, fellow members, Guests, even, lend me your ears. Please, do not create multiple accounts to vote for your favorite series.
Last edited by kood on Apr 28th, '04, 03:55, edited 3 times in total.
Status: inactive | life_offline_school_work

kpop
Posts: 20
Joined: Feb 24th, '04, 18:19

Post by kpop » Apr 27th, '04, 06:59

I wish for "Hotelier" but I guess it's impossible now since it's the least requesting one. I hope "Hotelier" will have a chance to be seeded in near future.

kumukurukuk
Posts: 10
Joined: Feb 9th, '04, 09:12
Location: CA

Post by kumukurukuk » Apr 27th, '04, 21:06

Beautiful days has a better cast than loving you.....so vote for beautiful days
ImageImageImage

User avatar
j0wi3-dude
Posts: 23
Joined: Apr 11th, '04, 00:18
Location: Gouda, Netherlands (1july-31july -> Korea)

Post by j0wi3-dude » Apr 28th, '04, 01:43

i voted for "Loving You"..

The Title only pulled my attraction to vote for it..
soo... my bet goes to "Loving You".. hehhe 8)..
now hoping that my bet becomes true

User avatar
vanggirlie
Posts: 23
Joined: Mar 23rd, '04, 04:46

Post by vanggirlie » Apr 28th, '04, 03:51

i voted for attic cat.

i would really love it if attic cat, story of bright successful girl, or my love patzzi won.

User avatar
Hinakun
Posts: 31
Joined: Mar 22nd, '04, 19:19
Location: California

KSOTW

Post by Hinakun » Apr 28th, '04, 21:56

Iceberri, I dont think removing the series if found out some cheaters on the work w/ multiple accounts. The same can be done if that cheater is doing it to eliminate the series that he/she doest want~~~ the best would be 1 vote per IP

btw, i voted for Attic Cat :P

Ch0c0h0L1c_
Posts: 1
Joined: Apr 25th, '04, 07:59

Post by Ch0c0h0L1c_ » Apr 28th, '04, 23:38

kumukurukuk wrote:Beautiful days has a better cast than loving you.....so vote for beautiful days
but even when the cast it better, the whole story just drags too much in my opinion :unsure: the plot isn't interesting enough and there's not much twist to the story :P

so vote for story of bright and successful girl !! 8) *it's losing* :cry: oh wellz there's always next month

User avatar
pikablueey
Posts: 14
Joined: Apr 15th, '04, 22:23
Location: california

Post by pikablueey » Apr 29th, '04, 05:37

havent seen any of these...but beautiful days has lee byung hun :wub: yay....wish all in was included, only saw a few episodes of all in so far cus no seeders :-(

User avatar
BT-Slut
Posts: 216
Joined: Apr 8th, '04, 09:33
Location: China
Contact:

Re: Korean Series of the Month (MAY)

Post by BT-Slut » Apr 29th, '04, 15:22

iceberri wrote:NOTICE: If we suspect FOUL PLAY (i.e. multiple accounts) towards favoring a particular series, that series will be eliminated from this month's options! Keep in mind that this is a favor done BY everyone TO everyone, so we are trying our utmost to keep this fair for everybody. Please do not cheat so that the drama you want will win otherwise we will be forced to take more severe measures! There will always be next month.
*********************************************************
Suggestion. Perhaps if Ruro could program it so that only people that's had an account for over 2 weeks and have posted at least 20 msgs can vote--to prevent brand new accounts being made to vote.

User avatar
shirahime
Posts: 205
Joined: Dec 11th, '03, 20:54
Location: Sweden

Post by shirahime » Apr 30th, '04, 18:14

If so, I see spam coming but what the heck more spam => more discussions and forum with more life if only the bandwitdh would be unlimited.... :blink
Image

User avatar
o0Tsukushi0o
Posts: 30
Joined: Jan 7th, '04, 22:01
Location: Canada

Post by o0Tsukushi0o » Apr 30th, '04, 18:45

Oh wow, when I voted for Beautiful Days there were only 4 votes. Now it's the one with the most votes.

MoerkJ
Administrator
Administrator
Posts: 1322
Joined: Dec 6th, '03, 08:40
Location: Germany

Post by MoerkJ » Apr 30th, '04, 19:37

to all whose series didn't won the poll:
go to the Request Forum and post your requests there, preferably in the apropriate thread :lol

and as always... good luck!
..:: ( Clubbox | Wiki | FAQ | [url=irc://irc.rizon.net:6667/d-addicts]IRC[/url] ) ::..

User avatar
hakurey
Posts: 40
Joined: Dec 9th, '03, 03:23
Location: Australia

Post by hakurey » May 1st, '04, 03:13

well i put in my vote for Beautiful Days...well just because...i had to vote for something :lol and to break the tie
What kind of adult we'll be depends on what it'll leave us.
Where did you steal this sentence from?

Locked

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest