47%

Total votes: 195

mizune
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Japanese SoTW 4/16/06 - Shotgun Marriage

Post by mizune » Apr 2nd, '06, 23:44

Here we go again...

If you're willing to seed any of the series in the poll, please post a reply here or in the [url=http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=23787]JSOTW: Looking For Volunteer Seeders[/url] thread or PM any one of the Geinou. There are still several series which don't have any volunteer seeders, so do volunteer for those! The more seeders we have, the more variety there will be in the future JSoTW polls.

A million thanks goes out to those seeding the current JSoTW (Aishiteiru to itte kure (Say you love me)i). Thank you for your support! :salut:

In the now immortal words of thetenken........

PLEASE READ THIS ENTIRE POST. IF YOU DO NOT, YOU MAY BE LIABLE TO THETENKEN'S EXPRESSIONS OF DISPLEASURE.

Taking nominations for the next series of the week. Let me know what you want to add to the poll and I'll add it. From this point forward only series that have a volunteer seeder will be put up into the poll. People can nominate whatever they want, but the series won't become a poll option until there is a volunteer seeder...

PLEASE NOMINATE AND VOTE ONLY FOR THE DRAMAS OFF THE COMPLETED DRAMAS LIST:
http://www.d-addicts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3500
(06/14/2004: As of this date, the Series of the Week is now officially only Japanese dramas with English subtitles.)

The nominees are:

Ohsama no Resutoran - [url=http://jdorama.com/drama.291.htm]info[/url], [url=http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/torrents.php?search=Ohsama+no+Resutoran&type=jdrama&sub=View+all&sort=name]torrents[/url]
Homework - [url=http://jdorama.com/drama.141.htm]info[/url], [url=http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/torrents.php?search=homework&type=&sub=View+all&sort=]torrents[/url]
Amai Seikatsu - [url=http://jdorama.com/drama.25.htm]info[/url], [url=http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/torrents.php?search=amai&type=jdrama&sub=View+all&sort=name]torrents[/url]
Shotgun Marriage (Dekichatta Kekkon) - [url=http://jdorama.com/drama.567.htm]info[/url], [url=http://jem.d-addicts.com:6969/index.html?sort=1&search=shotgun]torrent[/url]

Previous Japanese Series of the Week:
Oyaji, Otousan, Koi ga Shitai x3 (Where is Love?), Strawberry on the Shortcake (S.O.S.), Cheap Love, Big Wing, Hotman, Sutaa no Koi, From the Heart, Love Generation, A Sleeping Forest, Story of One Century, Friends, Younger Men, Merry Christmas in Summer, Shota no Sushi, Koibumi/Love Letter, Waterboys, Aoi Tori (Bluebird), Meguri Ai, Konna Koi no Hanashi, One Million Stars Falling From the Sky, News no Onna, Mukodono/My Husband, Food Fight, Heaven's Coins/Hoshi no Kinka, Forbidden Love, My Little Chef, With Love, Shopping Hero, Stand Up!!, 101st Marriage Proposal, Seija no Koushin, Maria/Mariya, Asunaro Hakusho, Summer Snow, Pretty Girls, Trick 1/2/3 (JSoTM), Itsumo Futari De, Tokyo Wankei, Denchi ga kireru made, Koi ga shitai (DVD), Wedding Planner, Suekko chonan ane sannin, Koi wo nan nen sundemasu ka/Dreams of Romance, Beach Boys, Keizoku, Nanisama, News no Onna, Aoi Tori, Midnight Rain, Chakushin Ari, Aishitteiru to itte kure (Say you love me)

What is a series of the week? [url=http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5810]More Info Here[/url]
Since there are now a substantial number of torrents on this site, we have implemented a "Series of the Week," where we could dedicate most of the bandwidth to a particular series during that week. This helps in a couple of ways:

1. People will know what series are available and have seeds, rather than just waiting and hoping for them to be seeded at some later date.

2. For those seeders who have DVD burners and have already burnt their collections to DVD/CD, then with the series of the week they know which series can be pulled off of DVD to help seed, minimizing troublesome multiple DVD loading.

3. Constantly re-circulates older torrents back into view, and focuses bandwidth and demand toward those specific torrents, rather than having people request series across the board.

Remember, D-Addicts was started for the community, and being a part of the community means sharing. If you don't share, then everyone loses (refer to JEM's dropping of Cdramas), and a good thing open to all may become a private party.

We take no responsibility for deleting poll entries if there are no seeds. No complaints, as this is a community effort. If the community doesn't want to share, then oh well...

Reminder: You must have at least 10 posts to vote. Go on, kiddies... explore the forum a bit... :)
Last edited by mizune on Apr 16th, '06, 18:10, edited 2 times in total.

doink-chan

Post by doink-chan » Apr 3rd, '06, 00:27

I voted for Shotgun Marriage...

Also, I'd like to see Glass no Kamen I/II become a series of the week sometime.

Keeper of hells gate2

Video Quality

Post by Keeper of hells gate2 » Apr 3rd, '06, 01:17

I think Video Quality should start being a consideration when voting. DL the 1st episode of "Say you love me" and I can barely tell female characters from female characters and male charcters from male characters. The C grade is very generous. Captured off of Beta? I guess its better then nothing. Just something to think about when voting. I guess I am just spoiled with the high quality video that we see now.

Keeper of hells gate2

Post by Keeper of hells gate2 » Apr 3rd, '06, 01:31

I think we all know which series is going to win. Kind of surprising that this series doesn't have any seeders. Alot of popular actors in this series.

Néa Vanille
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Néa Vanille » Apr 3rd, '06, 05:01

I think it just takes a few episodes to get used to lower quality. It's true, we're getting spoiled by all the HQ KDrama that looks just awesome (even the 350 MB rips now) but I even get used to Super Nintendo graphics after a few hours. :lol I replayed Final Fantasy VI a while ago, which came out like 11 years ago, and at first, after having played Shadows of the Colossus ( :lol ) I felt like my eyes and ears were getting violated. But, then, after a few hours, I was enjoying the game.

noriko_kawada

Post by noriko_kawada » Apr 3rd, '06, 09:45

This is sad, eventhough "Say you love me" won, there are no seeders!
A winning serial should be replace by the other if no seeders I think.

gnohz

Post by gnohz » Apr 3rd, '06, 09:56

Hi all,
I would like to nominate for Nyokei Kazoku.
Hope it gets on the SOTW list for the next round! ^^

Thanks a lot!

laure_choc

Post by laure_choc » Apr 3rd, '06, 12:52

noriko_kawada wrote:This is sad, eventhough "Say you love me" won, there are no seeders!
A winning serial should be replace by the other if no seeders I think.
Are you kidding?
It's only the 1st day, give it some time. And the episode 1 to 3 have already several seeds. All episodes don't have to be well-seeded the 1st minute of the 1st day, you have 2 weeks of seeding!

Keeper of hells gate2

Post by Keeper of hells gate2 » Apr 3rd, '06, 14:58

Yeah, it usually takes awhile for people to upload a series that they have burned. I remember not to long ago a JSOW took 4 or 5 days to get a seeder for the first few episodes. However, this is the entire point of the JSOW regenerate seeders for the older good series. I mean it would be pretty point less to nominate Gokusen, Denshi Otaka, Nobuta No Produce etc... when you simply can go DL them right now.

acidkung

Post by acidkung » Apr 3rd, '06, 16:02

definitely shortgun Shotgun Marriage :lol

Yoshii

Post by Yoshii » Apr 3rd, '06, 23:22

Katase Nana is my fav. Big ups to Shotgun Marriage :wub:

ghofigjong

Post by ghofigjong » Apr 4th, '06, 10:26

woooot i hope my nomination wins!!! Shotgun Marriage, I do really love to share this series with others..

FaustVIII

Post by FaustVIII » Apr 5th, '06, 07:27

I'm willing to seed Shotgun Marriage (Dekichatta Kekkon) too :-) .

raider73

Post by raider73 » Apr 5th, '06, 11:21

There are 2 seeders right now for Shotgun Marriage so everyone can get a head start on the download. I'm holding out hope for soft subs for the Raw versions since the RAWs usually higher quality than Jem's version but I'm gonna download both versions just to be safe.

TIticamara

Post by TIticamara » Apr 5th, '06, 15:00

Shotgun Marriage gogo

ghofigjong

Post by ghofigjong » Apr 7th, '06, 11:10

im gonna start seeding Shotgun Marriage today for those who wants to DL this series in advance ^_^

groink

Re: Video Quality

Post by groink » Apr 7th, '06, 11:40

Keeper of hells gate2 wrote:I think Video Quality should start being a consideration when voting. DL the 1st episode of "Say you love me" and I can barely tell female characters from female characters and male charcters from male characters. The C grade is very generous. Captured off of Beta? I guess its better then nothing. Just something to think about when voting. I guess I am just spoiled with the high quality video that we see now.
i.e. no 1990's dramas recorded on video tape should be SOTW. What a f**king stupid statement to make. Jesus, kids nowadays...

--- groink

laure_choc

Post by laure_choc » Apr 7th, '06, 12:02

groink wrote:
Keeper of hells gate2 wrote:I think Video Quality should start being a consideration when voting. DL the 1st episode of "Say you love me" and I can barely tell female characters from female characters and male charcters from male characters. The C grade is very generous. Captured off of Beta? I guess its better then nothing. Just something to think about when voting. I guess I am just spoiled with the high quality video that we see now.
i.e. no 1990's dramas recorded on video tape should be SOTW. What a f**king stupid statement to make. Jesus, kids nowadays...

--- groink
What about another solution if the quality is that bad for you? Some raws can be found on clubbox, i don't know the quality, but the size (in Mo) being bigger they may be of a better quality. Take of your time and rewrite the subs from this source to the raw.

I would definitly be sad if the 90's dramas from tape should disappear from the JSotW since that's how I found many of them

paopei

vote

Post by paopei » Apr 7th, '06, 12:08

I vote for shortgun marriage!!!! I really want to see this series. Thankssss :salut:

mizune
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Post by mizune » Apr 8th, '06, 02:16

laure_choc wrote: I would definitly be sad if the 90's dramas from tape should disappear from the JSotW since that's how I found many of them
Believe me, that's not going to happen :roll
Despite what some ppl may think, D-addicts exists to share as many dramas with people as possible. It is not here to provide high quality files. It would be a huge loss if we were to start being elitist and weed out due to "poor video quality".... particularly since pretty much every "poor quality" file are those that were ripped from vhs recordings of subtitled television broadcasts...

People can gripe about quality all they want, but when it comes down to it, the fundamental idea behind D-addicts (and the SoTW) is to provide access to material that would otherwise be unobtainable (or incomprehensible) to the general population...

In general, people need to appreciate the time and effort it takes to capture, rip, or otherwise aquire and upload (or reseed) dramas. These ppl are sharing something new to somebody out there, and even if the result is not the best quality, it is better than nothing...

*bangs cane*
/rant

:fear:

20centuryboy

Post by 20centuryboy » Apr 9th, '06, 12:16

blow the national d-addict anthem ( land of hope and dramas) and raise the flags! :salut:

Karo
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Karo » Apr 10th, '06, 22:47

Hehehe... I'm for shotgun marriage... ^-^
Watched the first three episodes already... And I love it!!! Hahahaha... ^______^
Just great!!!! :cheers:
mizune wrote: People can gripe about quality all they want, but when it comes down to it, the fundamental idea behind D-addicts (and the SoTW) is to provide access to material that would otherwise be unobtainable (or incomprehensible) to the general population...

In general, people need to appreciate the time and effort it takes to capture, rip, or otherwise aquire and upload (or reseed) dramas. These ppl are sharing something new to somebody out there, and even if the result is not the best quality, it is better than nothing...
Just what I am thinking... ^______^
I loooove all the guys who are sharing their stuff... and take so much time to capture it...
:wub:

nitesaint

Post by nitesaint » Apr 12th, '06, 06:58

Wow...clearly Shotgun Marriage will be the Japanese SOTW! Going to download it today.

ilikedramas

Post by ilikedramas » Apr 12th, '06, 08:30

Could , Tokyo Wankei be on one of the future polls???

I try to download but i dont get all the eps..

Please?? :D

20centuryboy

Post by 20centuryboy » Apr 13th, '06, 15:13

(Subliminal image that will influence people's votes on future poles.)

[img]http://images.jeboo.com/program/images/gallery/23/537afa68d6080b265f26a80e602cac04.jpg[/img]

jholic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by jholic » Apr 14th, '06, 03:50

20centuryboy wrote:(Subliminal image that will influence people's votes on future poles.)
not very subliminal, if you ask me! :lol good try, though.
Use THUMBS UP/DOWN buttons to KEEP or DELETE posts.
If you see SPAM or ABUSE, use the REPORT button.

Sukachu
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Sukachu » Apr 14th, '06, 09:39

I voted Shotgun Marriage (too bad the quality of jem is always a bit lower than the raws).

For the next JSOTW perhaps: Ryuuten no Ouhi - Saigo no Koutei - Princess Hiro :unsure: .

earthangel_713

Post by earthangel_713 » Apr 15th, '06, 02:08

Shotgun Marriage all the way. It looks really good!
Watching: Why Why Love and Legend (Four Gods)

mizune
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Post by mizune » Apr 15th, '06, 03:41

I don't know if anybody's noticed, but I updated the [url=http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=23787]JSOTW: Looking For Volunteer Seeders [/url] thread with what's hopefully the most recent list of completed dramas available both here and at JTV and Jem's trackers. It's still a little rough looking, but please check it out!
:salut:

Remember, the more the merrier! :cheers:

huu huu.... I already know what i want to put up for the next poll.... :shhh: :foot:

andrea_p

Post by andrea_p » Apr 15th, '06, 04:28

... could Koukou Kyoushi (1993) maybe be considered as a voting option for the week after Shotgun Marriage?

maneki_neko

Post by maneki_neko » Apr 15th, '06, 18:19

Could Moto Kare also be considered an option for next week?

If not, I'll nominate it for the week after that. =D

Sukachu
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Sukachu » Apr 16th, '06, 00:14

mizune wrote:I don't know if anybody's noticed, but I updated the [url=http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=23787]JSOTW: Looking For Volunteer Seeders [/url] thread with what's hopefully the most recent list of completed dramas available both here and at JTV and Jem's trackers. It's still a little rough looking, but please check it out!
:salut:

Remember, the more the merrier! :cheers:

huu huu.... I already know what i want to put up for the next poll.... :shhh: :foot:
I checked the thread, I think you made a little mistake :unsure: about Tokyo Friends, you typed 4 episodes, but there are 5.

*Hmm, I'm curious what we can vote for the next time.

Jannah
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Post by Jannah » Apr 16th, '06, 04:20

maneki_neko wrote:Could Moto Kare also be considered an option for next week?

The [url=http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic.php?info_hash=7a180133bd626a2a64d0ebd7d487f1732bf6b0ac]batch torrent[/url] is still well-seeded, so no, it won't be in the running for JSoTW anytime soon.

mizune
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Post by mizune » Apr 16th, '06, 14:43

Sukachu wrote: I checked the thread, I think you made a little mistake :unsure: about Tokyo Friends, you typed 4 episodes, but there are 5..
...which is kind of funny since I'm the one who subbed it... ^_^;;;

maneki_neko

Post by maneki_neko » Apr 16th, '06, 16:00

Jannah wrote:
maneki_neko wrote:Could Moto Kare also be considered an option for next week?

The [url=http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic.php?info_hash=7a180133bd626a2a64d0ebd7d487f1732bf6b0ac]batch torrent[/url] is still well-seeded, so no, it won't be in the running for JSoTW anytime soon.
Okay ^^ I think I understand now. Thanks.

penny_01

Post by penny_01 » Apr 16th, '06, 16:25

I'm not sure whether it is okay to ask here or not. If this is impolite, I'm really sorry for that. Please ignore my request ne~ :lol

Is it possible to consider Meguri Ai (refrain) to be option of JSoTW in anytime? It might not be soon. I just want to know the possibility only. :mrgreen: I've been addicted to this series long time ago since JETtv was still alive. I watched it by the name of "Twisted of Fate" but the uploader (ap) used Meguri Ai (Refrain) which I didn't realized before. And since it was picked for JSoTW in late of 2004. So I would like to know the possibility only. Then, I can wait patiently :salut: Many Thanks :wub:

And also Thanks for JSoTW - Say You Love Me, the uploader and friends who chose this serie. I was so impressive of this romantic drama 10 years ago. I watched it when I was in secondary school, not expect to meet this series in any ages coz of its old. But you guys here made my dream come true. Thanks to Ruroshin who uploaded this serie :salut:

mizune
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Post by mizune » Apr 16th, '06, 18:07

Series that have been picked as a SoTW do have the potential of running again. :whistling:
Every now and then, we have a "Flashback" poll that is comprised entirely of past SoTW winners.

Anyhow, the winner this week is Shotgun Marriage (obviously ^_^;;; ).
Thanks to all our seeders for last week's winner, Aishiteru to ittekure! :cheers:
And please continue to seed for as long as possible to help out the stragglers! :salut:

BTW, if somebody wants to make icon for the SoTWs, let me know, b/c I think my handiwork (or lack thereof) is becoming painfully obvious at this point... :fear:
:lol

starz
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by starz » Apr 20th, '06, 13:15

Sorry guys, was wondering if any of you have problems with ep 2 of Shotgun Marriage? Have just finished downloading it. I checked all the episodes and found that I can watch all the episodes except for ep 2 which has no sound. And whever I tried to fast forward the ep 2, BS Player freezes on me. Anyone else has this problem?? :scratch:

Genmai_cha

Post by Genmai_cha » Apr 21st, '06, 14:48

many thanks for the seeders! i was able to download this pretty fast and now i'm helping out with the seeding. the only problem now is to find the time to watch this. :D

Jannah
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Post by Jannah » May 1st, '06, 09:02

Thank you everyone who have been seeding Shotgun Marriage. Do keep the seeding alive for those who're not caught up yet!