Which series should be the next JSoTW?

Poll ended at Apr 2nd, '06, 17:02

Amai Seikatsu - higuma
10%
Ohsama no Resutoran - gryzze
20%
Homework - oldguy59
12%
Aishiteiru to itte kure (Say you love me)
58%

Total votes: 153

mizune
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Japanese SoTW (04/02/06) - Aishitteiru to itte kure

Post by mizune » Mar 19th, '06, 17:02

Poll time! :)

If you're willing to seed any of the series in the poll, please post a reply here or in the JSOTW: Looking For Volunteer Seeders thread or PM any one of the Geinou. There are still several series which don't have any volunteer seeders, so do volunteer for those! The more seeders we have, the more variety there will be in the future JSoTW polls.

A million thanks goes out to those seeding the current JSoTW (Chakushin ari). Thank you for your support! :salut:

In the now immortal words of thetenken........

PLEASE READ THIS ENTIRE POST. IF YOU DO NOT, YOU MAY BE LIABLE TO THETENKEN'S EXPRESSIONS OF DISPLEASURE.

Taking nominations for the next series of the week. Let me know what you want to add to the poll and I'll add it. From this point forward only series that have a volunteer seeder will be put up into the poll. People can nominate whatever they want, but the series won't become a poll option until there is a volunteer seeder...

PLEASE NOMINATE AND VOTE ONLY FOR THE DRAMAS OFF THE COMPLETED DRAMAS LIST:
http://www.d-addicts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3500
(06/14/2004: As of this date, the Series of the Week is now officially only Japanese dramas with English subtitles.)

The nominees are:

Ohsama no Resutoran - info, torrents
Homework - info, torrents
Aishiteiru to itte kure (Say You Love Me) - info, torrent
Amai Seikatsu - info, torrents

Previous Japanese Series of the Week:
Oyaji, Otousan, Koi ga Shitai x3 (Where is Love?), Strawberry on the Shortcake (S.O.S.), Cheap Love, Big Wing, Hotman, Sutaa no Koi, From the Heart, Love Generation, A Sleeping Forest, Story of One Century, Friends, Younger Men, Merry Christmas in Summer, Shota no Sushi, Koibumi/Love Letter, Waterboys, Aoi Tori (Bluebird), Meguri Ai, Konna Koi no Hanashi, One Million Stars Falling From the Sky, News no Onna, Mukodono/My Husband, Food Fight, Heaven's Coins/Hoshi no Kinka, Forbidden Love, My Little Chef, With Love, Shopping Hero, Stand Up!!, 101st Marriage Proposal, Seija no Koushin, Maria/Mariya, Asunaro Hakusho, Summer Snow, Pretty Girls, Trick 1/2/3 (JSoTM), Itsumo Futari De, Tokyo Wankei, Denchi ga kireru made, Koi ga shitai (DVD), Wedding Planner, Suekko chonan ane sannin, Koi wo nan nen sundemasu ka/Dreams of Romance, Beach Boys, Keizoku, Nanisama, News no Onna, Aoi Tori, Midnight Rain, Chakushin Ari

What is a series of the week? More Info Here
Since there are now a substantial number of torrents on this site, we have implemented a "Series of the Week," where we could dedicate most of the bandwidth to a particular series during that week. This helps in a couple of ways:

1. People will know what series are available and have seeds, rather than just waiting and hoping for them to be seeded at some later date.

2. For those seeders who have DVD burners and have already burnt their collections to DVD/CD, then with the series of the week they know which series can be pulled off of DVD to help seed, minimizing troublesome multiple DVD loading.

3. Constantly re-circulates older torrents back into view, and focuses bandwidth and demand toward those specific torrents, rather than having people request series across the board.

Remember, D-Addicts was started for the community, and being a part of the community means sharing. If you don't share, then everyone loses (refer to JEM's dropping of Cdramas), and a good thing open to all may become a private party.

We take no responsibility for deleting poll entries if there are no seeds. No complaints, as this is a community effort. If the community doesn't want to share, then oh well...

Reminder: You must have at least 10 posts to vote. Go on, kiddies... explore the forum a bit... :)
Last edited by mizune on Apr 2nd, '06, 23:42, edited 4 times in total.

gryzze
Administrator
Administrator

Post by gryzze » Mar 19th, '06, 17:11

I'm sorry but I can no longer seed "Ohsama no Resutoran" because I lost it in a disk crash recently. I can still seed all but ep01 & ep11, so if anyone could take care of those two it should work out.

Btw mizune, you forgot to put "Aishiteiru to itte kure" in the poll... :P

mizune
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Post by mizune » Mar 19th, '06, 17:33

^ Gargh... I was getting around to it!! :rambo:
I added the option but forgot to fill it in... ^_^;;;;

This is what happens when you try to do 3 things at once... :P

Sorry to hear about the HD crash... :(
We'll just need to find somebody else to help then... :cheers:

gryzze
Administrator
Administrator

Post by gryzze » Mar 19th, '06, 18:25

mizune wrote:This is what happens when you try to do 3 things at once... :P
I can only handle one thing at a time so I see what you mean... :P
mizune wrote:Sorry to hear about the HD crash... :(
Well it was traumatic at first but I've been able to restore most of it... :-)

I'm voting for "Aishiteiru to itte kure" this time...

mainemanx

Post by mainemanx » Mar 19th, '06, 22:42

Not to be picky but this batch all appear somewhat marginal on resolution/video quality.
P.S. I too just had a hard drive crash and lost both Great White Tower and Orange Days :alcoholic:

groink

Post by groink » Mar 19th, '06, 23:26

mainemanx wrote:Not to be picky but this batch all appear somewhat marginal on resolution/video quality.
You get what you can get. :crazy: Nee?

--- groink
1. Always read FAQs for a given forum before posting.
2. Read the first few posts in a topic before posting.
3. Speak using complete English words.
4. The Internet is international. Respect regional and cultural values.

mainemanx

Post by mainemanx » Mar 20th, '06, 03:01

groink wrote:
mainemanx wrote:Not to be picky but this batch all appear somewhat marginal on resolution/video quality.
You get what you can get. :crazy: Nee?

--- groink
Hai, hai, hai!
Some get Hawaii... others get Northern Maine :cry:
Yes, I am truly appreciative of all the pleasure this site has brought. Thank you groink and all the others :notworthy:

jholic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by jholic » Mar 20th, '06, 04:42

gryzze wrote:I'm sorry but I can no longer seed "Ohsama no Resutoran" because I lost it in a disk crash recently. I can still seed all but ep01 & ep11, so if anyone could take care of those two it should work out.
gryzze: pm me if you need a seed for the ohsama series. i will locate my disc, put it back on my computer and seed it for you. let me know.

20centuryboy

Post by 20centuryboy » Mar 21st, '06, 15:05

No need to worry about ohsama resutoran as it won't be chosen, as usual. :mrgreen:

Milano

suspicious poll

Post by Milano » Mar 21st, '06, 19:16

I'm not so sure that this poll is equal - maybe someone tries to lead it having multiple identities?

It happened with the last poll that two series had the same votes, and in a very short time, three votes were added all together for Chakushin Ari.

:x

I was watching - it looks very suspicious ne?

:cussing:

Maci

Post by Maci » Mar 22nd, '06, 16:39

Wow, we're just a few days into the poll but it looks like it might be time to crank up the seeds for the leader already.
Haven't seen a blowout here for a long time, in fact I can't remember a poll where one series has had more than 50% of the votes. Looks like we might have a majority winner for once.

horndogbuddhist

Post by horndogbuddhist » Mar 23rd, '06, 00:42

could I make a suggestion for a JSOTW although there probably isn't enough seeders....it's gonna be Tiger & Dragon.....

mizune
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Post by mizune » Mar 23rd, '06, 00:44

i'm not terribly surprised at the poll numbers so far...
aishiteiru to itte kure is one of those classic dramas, it was uploaded quite awhile back, and there were absolutely no seeds whatsoever (and virtually no ppl in queue) for any of the torrents when i was checking candidates...
i think ppl just forgot about it or something... :unsure:

the only problem is that we DON'T have a volunteeer seeder for this series yet...

i don't have this drama (heck, i don't even remember it being uploaded), so i really can't help..
:/

the final outcome of this poll will really be based on the generosity of the peer pool, so if anybody has this drama and is willing to seed, i am sure it would be greatly appreciated!!!
:salut:

raider73

Post by raider73 » Mar 23rd, '06, 01:46

horndogbuddhist wrote:could I make a suggestion for a JSOTW although there probably isn't enough seeders....it's gonna be Tiger & Dragon.....
Tiger & Dragon isn't eligible, I think, since subtitles aren't available for all episodes.

canon05

Post by canon05 » Mar 23rd, '06, 04:12

:crazy: ehk! so the horror serie won this month JSOTW. I was scared to see the pic of this month winner.

Voted for Aishiteiru to itte kure :cheers:

jholic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by jholic » Mar 23rd, '06, 05:10

mizune wrote:i don't have this drama (heck, i don't even remember it being uploaded), so i really can't help..
yikes! i don't have this drama either! i hope someone comes along. :pray:

Maci

Post by Maci » Mar 23rd, '06, 05:23

mizune wrote:the only problem is that we DON'T have a volunteeer seeder for this series yet...

i don't have this drama (heck, i don't even remember it being uploaded), so i really can't help..
:/

the final outcome of this poll will really be based on the generosity of the peer pool, so if anybody has this drama and is willing to seed, i am sure it would be greatly appreciated!!!
:salut:
I just recently found this from a different source. I'm not the fastest seeder, so I'll go ahead and get started.
When there is a full copy available besides my own seed, I'll move on to the next one so please stay on to help seed.

I've said it before and I'll say it again . . .
It seems that everytime I throw a full seed out to a group that has been sitting on a torrent for weeks without a full seed I notice the same thing time and time again . . . people don't share. If there isn't a full seed, they just wait on the torrent until a seed appears, and during that time they turn off sharing.

If there is a group of squatters, torrent logic suggests that they should all be stuck at the same % of completion because they have shared the full availability of a certain file. Instead, I often find 5 or 6 downloaders that have totally different % complete figures, indicating that there isn't a whole lot of sharing going on.

Please keep your sharing turned on, and when you complete a file, please keep your seed active. As a bare minimum please wait until you have shared a complete copy of the file, even better to help out until your share % is 200% and the total number of seeds is more than the number of downloaders.

Yoroshiku !

noriko_kawada

Post by noriko_kawada » Mar 23rd, '06, 16:55

I often share until 9G just to get 1-2G because of very slow seed, but sometimes I only share 100M for 500M I got when I got very fast seed (until 1.7MBps) so it finished 10-20 minutes.

ashitakka

Post by ashitakka » Mar 24th, '06, 00:43

I vote Ohsama no Resutoran because i looooooove Yamaguchi Tomoko ^o^ ...why she dont make more dramas? XD

edit: I dont see Gakkou no sensei in the list of "can be nominated" ... there arent anybody with this drama?! i can believe it XD
If there are any..... I would like to NOMINATE Gakkou no sensei ^o^

jholic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by jholic » Mar 24th, '06, 04:23

Maci: i replied to your post in this topic --

http://www.d-addicts.com/forums/viewtop ... &start=225

i chose to post it there, hoping it will benefit others.
Use THUMBS UP/DOWN buttons to KEEP or DELETE posts.
If you see SPAM or ABUSE, use the REPORT button.

Maci

Post by Maci » Mar 24th, '06, 04:58

jholic wrote:Maci: i replied to your post in this topic --
http://www.d-addicts.com/forums/viewtop ... &start=225
i chose to post it there, hoping it will benefit others.
Thanks jholic. I also responded in the other thread.

yt_toshi
Virgin Islands (USA)

Post by yt_toshi » Mar 24th, '06, 06:39

ashitakka wrote:I vote Ohsama no Resutoran because i looooooove Yamaguchi Tomoko ^o^ ...why she dont make more dramas? XD
She's semi-retired after doing Long Vacation :-(
edit: I dont see Gakkou no sensei in the list of "can be nominated" ... there arent anybody with this drama?! i can believe it XD
If there are any..... I would like to NOMINATE Gakkou no sensei ^o^
Read the rules about how dramas get nominated before asking a question like this. :P
D-Addicts is like a library: Most of the resources are there, you just have to search around!

My 1000th post: How to be a Good Fansubber :-)

gibbon
Czech Republic

Post by gibbon » Mar 24th, '06, 10:41

Aishiteiru to itte kure kudasai!
Waa Tokiwa Takako-chan :wub: :lol

steven1973sg

Post by steven1973sg » Mar 24th, '06, 18:13

"Ohsama no Resutoran" please!!! It's been 3 weeks on the voting board but never wins... :-(
I do not want the ending part; I just want the happy part...

gnohz

Post by gnohz » Mar 29th, '06, 01:10

Wow...Great dramas. This SOTW really benefits the jdrama community =)
If possible I would like to nominate for Nyokei Kazoku...:w00t:
If I made commited some mistake or broke any of the rules, I apologise for it :-)

hemilya

Post by hemilya » Mar 29th, '06, 20:55

I voted for Ohsama no Resutoran, but I don't think the situation is gonna change now that there are so many voters for Aishiteiru to Itte Kure. Well... I hope maybe next time Ohsama no Resutoran wins... ))

Melusine

Post by Melusine » Mar 30th, '06, 11:33

Sorry if I post here but I am not sure really where to put it so If it is not at the right place you could move my message without any problem.

The serie of the week Chakushin Ari seems to have the last two episode in raw. Does somebody have the soft sub to go with?

Thanks

gryzze
Administrator
Administrator

Post by gryzze » Mar 30th, '06, 13:11

Melusine wrote:Sorry if I post here but I am not sure really where to put it so If it is not at the right place you could move my message without any problem.

The serie of the week Chakushin Ari seems to have the last two episode in raw. Does somebody have the soft sub to go with?
I'm not sure what you mean because all the torrents are RAW episodes. You can find softsubs for all episodes here:
http://www.d-addicts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=24094

tainted_crimson

Post by tainted_crimson » Mar 31st, '06, 01:21

My vote is definitely for Aishiteiru to itte kure! I hope seeders are found because I've been trying to finish this series for YEARS, but only ever got to see the first 3 episodes (which I stupidly burned to VCD, otherwise I'd be able to help seed those - gomen!)

::crosses fingers and hopes seeders are found!::
恋人は変えても友は変わらない。Even if your lovers change, your friends don’t.
- ラスト♡シンデレラ Last♡Cinderella

Tyranid

Post by Tyranid » Apr 1st, '06, 02:53

Is Friday's Lovers eligible for JSOW? I think all the episodes are subbed. If so I'd like to nominate it.

horndogbuddhist

Post by horndogbuddhist » Apr 1st, '06, 03:08

raider73 wrote:
horndogbuddhist wrote:could I make a suggestion for a JSOTW although there probably isn't enough seeders....it's gonna be Tiger & Dragon.....
Tiger & Dragon isn't eligible, I think, since subtitles aren't available for all episodes.
But still it was worth a try...maybe someone out there will read this and put a rush on the subs...and yes I know that the person who did the subs already is going to finish it but I CAN"T WAIT!!!!! *pouts*
Check me out at www.myspace.com/horndogbuddhist OR www.cyworld.com/ (name wujiaqi0514)

ghofigjong

Post by ghofigjong » Apr 1st, '06, 14:14

is Dekichatta Kekkon (Shotgun Marriage) eligible for nomination? i'm not sure if its tracker is found in d-addicts (its something like jem.d-addicts.com?? im not sure) if it is, i would like to nominate it, though I think it is permanently seeded, its one of my favorite dramas ^_^ and i want to share it with other people.......

yakusoku92

Post by yakusoku92 » Apr 1st, '06, 23:20

about Chakushi Ari, when i clicked on the torrents, they said they were raw but i thought the series of the week only uses serieses with english subs. could someone help me? or are the torrents really subbed

saigo_x

Post by saigo_x » Apr 1st, '06, 23:33

@yakusoku92
You didn't check the Subtitles section of the forum. Look here: http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=24094.

mizune
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Post by mizune » Apr 2nd, '06, 23:20

It looks like Aishitteiru to itte kure has won this week's poll. Thank you Maci for starting off the seed pool early, and if anybody else has this, please join in! Things may be a little slow, but please have patience, we're trying our best here... :salut:

Oh, and don't forget to help other members by seeding Chakushin ari for as long as you can.
Thanks!