Home and Away
32%

Total votes: 173

Jannah
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Japanese SoTW Poll (3/19/06) - Chakushin Ari

Post by Jannah » Mar 6th, '06, 15:14

Sorry for the little delay, drama addicts, but here comes the next poll! :)

If you're willing to seed any of the series in the poll, please post a reply here or in the JSOTW: Looking for volunteer seeders thread or PM any one of the Geinou. There are still several series which don't have any volunteer seeders, so do volunteer for those! The more seeders we have, the more variety there will be in the future JSoTW polls.

A million thanks goes out to those seeding the current JSoTW (Midnight Rain). Thank you for your support! :salut:

In the now immortal words of thetenken........

PLEASE READ THIS ENTIRE POST. IF YOU DO NOT, YOU MAY BE LIABLE TO THETENKEN'S EXPRESSIONS OF DISPLEASURE.

Taking nominations for the next series of the week. Let me know what you want to add to the poll and I'll add it. From this point forward only series that have a volunteer seeder will be put up into the poll. People can nominate whatever they want, but the series won't become a poll option until there is a volunteer seeder...

PLEASE NOMINATE AND VOTE ONLY FOR THE DRAMAS OFF THE COMPLETED DRAMAS LIST:
http://www.d-addicts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3500
(06/14/2004: As of this date, the Series of the Week is now officially only Japanese dramas with English subtitles.)

The nominees are:

Ohsama no Resutoran - info, torrents
Chakushin Ari - info, torrents
Home and Away - info, torrent
Amai Seikatsu - info, torrents

Previous Japanese Series of the Week:
Oyaji, Otousan, Koi ga Shitai x3 (Where is Love?), Strawberry on the Shortcake (S.O.S.), Cheap Love, Big Wing, Hotman, Sutaa no Koi, From the Heart, Love Generation, A Sleeping Forest, Story of One Century, Friends, Younger Men, Merry Christmas in Summer, Shota no Sushi, Koibumi/Love Letter, Waterboys, Aoi Tori (Bluebird), Meguri Ai, Konna Koi no Hanashi, One Million Stars Falling From the Sky, News no Onna, Mukodono/My Husband, Food Fight, Heaven's Coins/Hoshi no Kinka, Forbidden Love, My Little Chef, With Love, Shopping Hero, Stand Up!!, 101st Marriage Proposal, Seija no Koushin, Maria/Mariya, Asunaro Hakusho, Summer Snow, Pretty Girls, Trick 1/2/3 (JSoTM), Itsumo Futari De, Tokyo Wankei, Denchi ga kireru made, Koi ga shitai (DVD), Wedding Planner, Suekko chonan ane sannin, Koi wo nan nen sundemasu ka/Dreams of Romance, Beach Boys, Keizoku, Nanisama, News no Onna, Aoi Tori, Midnight Rain

What is a series of the week? More Info Here
Since there are now a substantial number of torrents on this site, we have implemented a "Series of the Week," where we could dedicate most of the bandwidth to a particular series during that week. This helps in a couple of ways:

1. People will know what series are available and have seeds, rather than just waiting and hoping for them to be seeded at some later date.

2. For those seeders who have DVD burners and have already burnt their collections to DVD/CD, then with the series of the week they know which series can be pulled off of DVD to help seed, minimizing troublesome multiple DVD loading.

3. Constantly re-circulates older torrents back into view, and focuses bandwidth and demand toward those specific torrents, rather than having people request series across the board.

Remember, D-Addicts was started for the community, and being a part of the community means sharing. If you don't share, then everyone loses (refer to JEM's dropping of Cdramas), and a good thing open to all may become a private party.

We take no responsibility for deleting poll entries if there are no seeds. No complaints, as this is a community effort. If the community doesn't want to share, then oh well...

Reminder: You must have at least 10 posts to vote. Go on, kiddies... explore the forum a bit... :)

hitoe0

Post by hitoe0 » Mar 6th, '06, 15:19

Chakushin Ari!
Please Seed 99%

Prince of Moles

Post by Prince of Moles » Mar 6th, '06, 15:22

OMG Akashiya Sanma!

I haven't seen this guy in a drama before, gotta see this one.

1 vote for Amai Seikatsu.

noriko_kawada

Post by noriko_kawada » Mar 6th, '06, 15:37

Chakusin Ari is RAW, right?

gryzze
Administrator
Administrator

Post by gryzze » Mar 6th, '06, 15:45

noriko_kawada wrote:Chakusin Ari is RAW, right?
RAW + softsub

All JSoTW are subbed...

noriko_kawada

Post by noriko_kawada » Mar 6th, '06, 16:18

Ok, found the soft-subs. I've downloaded last year when there was no subs. I can help seed, but seems it's hard for Chakusin Ari to win.

tanteikun

Post by tanteikun » Mar 6th, '06, 16:27

it would be nice if someone can seed the current series of the week
midnight rain

Matcatwa1

Hum...

Post by Matcatwa1 » Mar 6th, '06, 16:49

I cannot seed it :-( because I reencoded them in VCD or SVCD because the files where too big for a CD. I guess I was not the only one with that problem.
** VSS ** Always watch for the new ones... 8)

ippanjin22

Post by ippanjin22 » Mar 7th, '06, 02:07

I voted for Amai Seikatsu. H&A is available for dl now thanks to noriko_kawada and others. Looks like this time it could be a close race!

Shindou

Post by Shindou » Mar 7th, '06, 03:07

Really close race shaping up :roll

Voted for Ohsama no Resutoran

neonkinpatsu
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by neonkinpatsu » Mar 7th, '06, 05:17

Trying again for Chakushin Ari :)
Nothing can ruin a career faster than an office party.

idiotboy

Post by idiotboy » Mar 7th, '06, 13:48

i'm voting for Chakushin Ari, but i'm posting here cos i want to express my thanks to Jannah for all her hard work in running the SoTW (and my thanks, too, to everyone and anyone else involved in running them).

so: thanks, Jannah! i really appreciate the SoTW, and the work you do in keeping htem running every fortnight.
:clap:

noriko_kawada

Post by noriko_kawada » Mar 7th, '06, 15:19

Guys, don't vote for Home & Away, it's now seeded you can leech now. Instead, please vote fore Amai Seikatsu :D

Matcatwa1

hummm...

Post by Matcatwa1 » Mar 7th, '06, 16:41

noriko_kawada I guess people (me included) doesn't read the posts before voting, but more than that they doesn't read them after too (me excluded) so I guess a good bunch of them didn't see that Home and Away was already seeded, too bad ! :-(

:salut:

Jon Snow

Post by Jon Snow » Mar 7th, '06, 20:46

I hesitate with "home and away" and "Chakushin ari"...

But finally voted for chakushin ari :mrgreen:

Koshiba

Post by Koshiba » Mar 8th, '06, 00:59

Chakushin Ari and Home And Away both sound really interesting to me.. Hmmm..

Poochy

Re: hummm...

Post by Poochy » Mar 8th, '06, 01:11

Matcatwa1 wrote:noriko_kawada I guess people (me included) doesn't read the posts before voting, but more than that they doesn't read them after too (me excluded) so I guess a good bunch of them didn't see that Home and Away was already seeded, too bad ! :-(
I think it's time to call in the big guns, aka Maci, to solve this problem. :salut:

Maya san

Why not a Taiga Dorama?

Post by Maya san » Mar 8th, '06, 03:24

I'm a big dorama fan, and love the work done by the D-Addicts staff. But for a long time now i am wondering about the possibility of a taiga dorama to enter te votation of the JDOW. I have titles like, musashi and yoshitsune and i am pretty sure that a lot of people would be trilled to watch. There is also other series like, Toshiie to Matsu and Shinsengumi and a lot of others. So i leave my suggestion here. I hoping to read comments from our dorama community. :D

groink

Re: Why not a Taiga Dorama?

Post by groink » Mar 8th, '06, 03:37

You have to remember, now, that in order for a drama to become a nominee, someone must volunteer to seed it. Because of its size (49 eps!), no one's coming forward. It's simple as that.

--- groink
1. Always read FAQs for a given forum before posting.
2. Read the first few posts in a topic before posting.
3. Speak using complete English words.
4. The Internet is international. Respect regional and cultural values.

neonkinpatsu
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by neonkinpatsu » Mar 8th, '06, 03:44

I'm not sure if this thread will be left here or moved. I'm not sure where to move it myself so I'll leave it to another mod to. Anyway, it would be pretty hard to get enough volunteers to seed long series like Taiga dramas. They are usually ~49 eps. JSOTW is for 1 week only, which would mean seeding 7 eps fully per day so enough complete and seed (pass the torch). In my opinion it is not enough time. Maybe the organizers would consider making a JSOTM once in a blue moon for Taiga, but that is up to them as well as getting enough demand and volunteers to help. Unfortunately not everyone's in to Taiga. Well, sometimes more are, if some idol is in it :P

If you are volunteering to seed them, there is a more appropriate thread to do so:

http://www.d-addicts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=23787

Remember, there is always VSS too, which is of course, strictly voluntary. The seeder chooses every part of how it's seeded: when, how much, and for how long.

P.S. - Shinsengumi would probably not be a good candidate as it is in a trial of the Permanent Seeding Project.

EDIT: Those series in question would probably have to be batched too, if they aren't already. Is Yoshitsune even completely uploaded here? I forget, never grabbed it O__o

Maya san

Post by Maya san » Mar 8th, '06, 04:08

You got a point :mrgreen: I ll be glad to help seeding Yoshitsune and Musashi ( this one took me a year and a half to download ). At first i was thinking about sharing it the same way that was done with Trick 1,2 and 3. Maybe in three parts, and taking 3 weeks. I am not sure if it is possible, looks like not. Anyway, i ll gladly seed the series. And i am really happy to have all these good series every week to watch... Thanks!!!

Sabre

Post by Sabre » Mar 8th, '06, 22:47

Ohsama no restaurant!

Ohlala

Post by Ohlala » Mar 8th, '06, 23:02

I vote for Chakushin Ari, but Home and Away seems good too.

Kakashi-sensei

Post by Kakashi-sensei » Mar 8th, '06, 23:59

My friend wants Ohsama no Resutoran

20centuryboy

Post by 20centuryboy » Mar 9th, '06, 13:41

Kakashi-sensei wrote:My friend wants Ohsama no Resutoran
Then tell them to vote because it's still on last position. :crazy:

tzukimine

Post by tzukimine » Mar 9th, '06, 17:45

Home and Away! go go!

steven1973sg

Post by steven1973sg » Mar 9th, '06, 23:55

Ohsama no Resutoran please!!!

It's the 2nd time already...
I do not want the ending part; I just want the happy part...

Koshiba

Post by Koshiba » Mar 10th, '06, 08:01

Well.. Glad I went with my vote for Chakushin Ari since it didn't take long for my Home And Away download to complete.. :unsure:

ippanjin22

Post by ippanjin22 » Mar 10th, '06, 09:03

Chakushin Ari is also already seeded, so why not dl it now, and vote for something that isn't seeded?

Koshiba

Post by Koshiba » Mar 10th, '06, 12:32

ippanjin22 wrote:Chakushin Ari is also already seeded, so why not dl it now, and vote for something that isn't seeded?
It isn't completely seeded and individual episode torrents like that are difficult to download without a steady number of seeds. :x

ippanjin22

Post by ippanjin22 » Mar 11th, '06, 05:11

Koshiba wrote:
ippanjin22 wrote:Chakushin Ari is also already seeded, so why not dl it now, and vote for something that isn't seeded?
It isn't completely seeded and individual episode torrents like that are difficult to download without a steady number of seeds. :x
There is truth in what you say, too. It may be difficult, but not impossible. Each episode has seeders on and off, but likely all can be completed. It is a matter of patience, I suppose. :D

gohan127

Post by gohan127 » Mar 11th, '06, 09:38

i wonder which series comes closest to the ninetailed fox series :-P

20centuryboy

Post by 20centuryboy » Mar 12th, '06, 08:14

gohan127 wrote:i wonder which series comes closest to the ninetailed fox series :-P
This one is Korean right? So it might be difficult to compare.

ilikedramas

Post by ilikedramas » Mar 12th, '06, 18:24

In one of the future voting polls.
Can you have Toshiie And Matsu??
Its almost impossible to download.
Please...

jholic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by jholic » Mar 12th, '06, 22:46

ilikedramas wrote:In one of the future voting polls.
Can you have Toshiie And Matsu??
uh, isn't that the 49 episode one? i don't think that will be on jsotw. more like jsoty. Seed of the YEAR.

noriko_kawada

Post by noriko_kawada » Mar 13th, '06, 04:26

I wonder if Investigator Mariko will be nominated at JSoTW.

neonkinpatsu
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by neonkinpatsu » Mar 13th, '06, 04:28

^That would get sticky.....there were 5 seasons :lol

noriko_kawada

Post by noriko_kawada » Mar 13th, '06, 11:19

We've done before for Trick (hold for 1 month).

sucmanh

Post by sucmanh » Mar 13th, '06, 14:20

i vote for ohsama no resturan. Tomoko Yamaguchi is the best. this one should be good too. Too bad no one seed the serie though.

gohan127

Post by gohan127 » Mar 13th, '06, 20:11

20centuryboy wrote:
gohan127 wrote:i wonder which series comes closest to the ninetailed fox series :-P
:scratch: is there that much a difference between korean and japanese drama? i mean both look asian to me :unsure:

noriko_kawada

Post by noriko_kawada » Mar 14th, '06, 00:00

most of kdrama are soap opera.

neonkinpatsu
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by neonkinpatsu » Mar 14th, '06, 01:32

gohan127 wrote:
20centuryboy wrote:
:scratch: is there that much a difference between korean and japanese drama? i mean both look asian to me :unsure:
Asia is a big continent. Not everything in Asia is the same. :x South Korea and Japan are 2 different countries. [South] Korean and Japanese dramas tend to vary quite a bit.

Prince of Moles

Post by Prince of Moles » Mar 14th, '06, 02:02

I love how Asian is almost a meaningless term. I remember when I was in England, when people said Asian, they basically meant Indian or Pakistani.

Anyone east of the Bosphorus is technically Asian, from Israelis to Indonesians. :P

This is why I prefer the more accurate East Asia when referring to China, Japan, Korea, and Vietnam. :-)

Wut

Post by Wut » Mar 14th, '06, 11:40

may "Say you love me" on the nominee list for next JSOTW ?

gohan127

Post by gohan127 » Mar 14th, '06, 16:47

rofl
owel you're right, from now on i will start saying east Asia instead of just Asia. i don't wanna associate these series with bollywood :crazy:

Smiley_18

Post by Smiley_18 » Mar 15th, '06, 05:26

Chakushin Ari seems like an interesting show.
Currently downloading ~ 1963
Currently watching ~ Beyond The Realm Of Conscience [tvb]

mizune
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Post by mizune » Mar 15th, '06, 06:07

gohan127 wrote: owel you're right, from now on i will start saying east Asia instead of just Asia. i don't wanna associate these series with bollywood :crazy:
There's nothing wrong with Bollywood... :unsure:

Anyhow, what do you mean by "closest to Nine Tailed Fox"?
Are you looking for something that has action? Political intrigue? Fantasy/mythical/sci-fi elements?

I don't want to digress in this thread, but if you wander over to the Jdrama Recommendations thread, I'm sure we can set you up with something....

rosalind

Post by rosalind » Mar 15th, '06, 13:40

It seems that just nominating programmes for Series of the Week generates enough interest in them that they are fairly easy to download anyway. Certainly I downloaded Home and Away and Chakushin Ari in the past couple of weeks. They were both quite good although Chakushin Ari is a bit freaky and scary up until it gets a bit silly at the end. Don't watch it alone late at night!
I can't vote for anything yet though because I have to post 8 more messages first!

Zorktero

Post by Zorktero » Mar 16th, '06, 09:51

I'd like to nominate "Tail of Happiness" and "Perfect Bride" as JSoTW. Hopefully there will be seeders for at least one of them.

Matcatwa1

True

Post by Matcatwa1 » Mar 16th, '06, 19:29

Rosalind said:
It seems that just nominating programmes for Series of the Week generates enough interest in them that they are fairly easy to download anyway.
You are right :thumright: , I use that too to download those non-winner files but this time it is not the case with Amai Seikatsu, too bad. :-(

neokenzo

Post by neokenzo » Mar 17th, '06, 04:22

Home and Away for me :)

ShaolinMunky

Post by ShaolinMunky » Mar 17th, '06, 22:52

Chakushin Ari :whistling:
How do you like THEM apples??? :)

Maci

Post by Maci » Mar 18th, '06, 15:25

Hmmmmmmm . . .
Quick observation on what people should be voting for . . . why they aren't never ceases to amaze me.

Chakushin Ari - well seeded now (53 votes)
Home and Away - well seeded now (52 votes)
Amai Seikatsu - no seeds, but no demand either (only 1 DL now) (29 votes)
Ohsama no Resutoran - no seeds, and heavy demand (5-9 DL now) (28 votes)

The voting shows an exact inverse of what it should be.
Popularity Poll or Seed Request Poll??? :scratch:

Maci

Post by Maci » Mar 18th, '06, 16:55

If Chakushin Ari wins, here are three banners to choose from.
If Home&Away wins, I haven't found any good pics to use yet. Anyone else?

[img]http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e375/ ... Ariani.gif[/img][img]http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e375/ ... inAri1.jpg[/img][img]http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e375/ ... inAri2.jpg[/img]

Koshiba

Post by Koshiba » Mar 18th, '06, 20:45

Maci wrote:Hmmmmmmm . . .
Quick observation on what people should be voting for . . . why they aren't never ceases to amaze me.

Chakushin Ari - well seeded now (53 votes)
Home and Away - well seeded now (52 votes)
Amai Seikatsu - no seeds, but no demand either (only 1 DL now) (29 votes)
Ohsama no Resutoran - no seeds, and heavy demand (5-9 DL now) (28 votes)

The voting shows an exact inverse of what it should be.
Popularity Poll or Seed Request Poll??? :scratch:
I think it's probably because the two most popular ones generated the interest for seeds and downloads. So.. Them getting most of the votes did end up helping.

ippanjin22

Post by ippanjin22 » Mar 18th, '06, 23:09

Since the top two are well seeded, why not dl your choice (or both) now? The purpose has been achieved. In other words, both have already won.

Maci

Post by Maci » Mar 19th, '06, 00:33

Koshiba wrote:I think it's probably because the two most popular ones generated the interest for seeds and downloads. So.. Them getting most of the votes did end up helping.
I agree that high vote getters usually promote early seeding of that nominee. It has been this way for quite some time, so we are often lucky enough to have two winners. However, in the case of Home&Away, it was actually being well seeded before this poll even began, and has been seeded throughout this poll. That means 53 votes could have been spread among the other three.

FelyxSZ

Post by FelyxSZ » Mar 19th, '06, 01:57

not sure if this was said and answerd before , but if two series are tied do both of them win and get seeded?

ippanjin22

Post by ippanjin22 » Mar 19th, '06, 02:08

Maci wrote:
Koshiba wrote:I think it's probably because the two most popular ones generated the interest for seeds and downloads. So.. Them getting most of the votes did end up helping.
I agree that high vote getters usually promote early seeding of that nominee. It has been this way for quite some time, so we are often lucky enough to have two winners. However, in the case of Home&Away, it was actually being well seeded before this poll even began, and has been seeded throughout this poll. That means 53 votes could have been spread among the other three.
Maci has a valid point. H&A was actually a "winner" in the last poll. If it had been me, it would not have been a choice this time around. I propose that both series be removed from nomination after this poll. Maybe a declared tie is the best way to go here. Each series could have a week of glory apiece.

Maci

Post by Maci » Mar 19th, '06, 06:10

FelyxSZ wrote:not sure if this was said and answerd before , but if two series are tied do both of them win and get seeded?
If they are tied for the most votes, it's most likely that they will already be seeded before the poll ends. We have a lot of nice people around here.

CraZyaH
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by CraZyaH » Mar 19th, '06, 10:47

Chakushin Ari
I wanna see that one,but don't think there are enough seeds, glad to see it's got the most votes so far XD

mizune
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Post by mizune » Mar 19th, '06, 16:56

Congratulations to Chakushin Ari for winning this week's SoTW! ...so if seeders will kindly, move onto the new series..... :)
Please remember to help others out by continuing to seed Midnight Rain for as long as possible!
:salut:

Starfire12

Post by Starfire12 » Mar 20th, '06, 20:36

I can't seem to find the subtitles anywhere. Is it hardsubbed?
Just introduce a woman, - Conspiracies succeed; - Of soldiers or their weapons, - There really is no need. - They fought their bloody battles, - And doughty deeds were done; - but in a garden summer house - The victory was won.
Romance of the 3 Kingdoms

LiarLiar
United States of America

Post by LiarLiar » Mar 20th, '06, 20:40

It's soft sub. Look in the the subtitle forum for the subtitle of this series.

kamikase

Post by kamikase » Mar 31st, '06, 14:53

I vote Amai Seikatsu - higuma ^^ :mrgreen: