Login Issue? Delete D-addicts cookie from your browser settings and login again.

March 2006's CSOTM: Marmalade Boy

talk about and vote for the Series of the Week and Month
animetama
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

March 2006's CSOTM: Marmalade Boy

Post by animetama » Mar 2nd, '06, 17:11

Hi everyone!

The winner of March's CSOTM is: Marmalade Boy

[img]http://img416.imageshack.us/img416/1834/mb6wz.png[/img]
Drama Wiki Info

Starring: Stella Huang, Ken Zhu, Zeng Guocheng, Guo Jingchun

Language: Mandarin
Subtitle: Hardcoded English
Genre: Romantic Comedy
Episodes: 30
Seeders: P0KEY, Mattman, LadieDrmz

Download the torrents here

Previous CSoTM Winners:
Feb/March = Lavender
April = My MVP Valentine
May = The Switch
June = Starry Starry Night
July = Mars
August = At Dolphin Bay
September = A Step into the Past
October = To Get Unstuck in Time
November = The Champion
December = You are the One
January/February = Romance of the Three Kingdoms

If you like having csotm's every month, please help out by volunteering to seed any chinese series you have. :cheers:

Thank you & Happy Downloading!

Snuggle

Post by Snuggle » Mar 2nd, '06, 17:55

I downloaded a couple episodes a few months back and remember that the quality was really bad and the sound was really aweful as well. The sound was also set at a lot higher rate, so whenever I play it, I would scream because it would shock me and hurt my ear drums. Not to mention that the opening song was really bad.

gixo
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by gixo » Mar 2nd, '06, 19:14

Hope it's ok to ask here. is this a tv-ripped version? I just wonder 'cause it has 30 episodes. And when I looked it up on yesasia the Mainland-Version only has 16 episodes. The Taiwan original VCD even consists of 10 episodes only.

Anyway, I think it's great to have enough seeders for CSOTM. Thank you guys. :clap:

tokhoi

Post by tokhoi » Mar 2nd, '06, 19:58

where can we vote for the chinese series of the month? i would like to vote for at the threashold of an era, i think if people are to see good chinese drama's they will have to see that one.

animetama
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by animetama » Mar 3rd, '06, 03:25

As long as there are at least three seeders for a COMPLETED Chinese/HK/Taiwanese Drama that has COMPLETED English/Engrish^;^ Subs.. we will put it in the poll..

Most of the above series^^ are in the thread:
http://www.d-addicts.com/forums/viewtop ... highlight=

cheerio.

LadieDrmz

Post by LadieDrmz » Mar 3rd, '06, 06:10

I remembered that I volunteered to seed this, but the version I have is not the same as the one here on DA... so I'm really sorry! I just checked them, and I only have a few eps that are the same. I'll seed those, but I wish I could help with the others!

aeolus

Post by aeolus » Mar 3rd, '06, 08:14

geez ... i downloaded the first episode it seems pretty funny but video quality sucks :cry:

can't we skip this csotm ??? and put another series in ??

belle83

Post by belle83 » Mar 3rd, '06, 14:57

wahhhh im really looking forward for this series... but yeah the quality is not soo good. but thanx for those who help to seed this..

ermmm just wondering.. is there any CB wt better quality video and wt subs (HS or SB) that i can d/l this series from??.. please if anyone knows... thanx soo much!!

Athaclena42
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Athaclena42 » Mar 3rd, '06, 15:26

If you check out the thread for each episode, a kind soul posted links for each episode on megaupload. I've been downloading them, and the sound quality is a ton better. The video quality is about the same, but definitely watchable, I think. They're also avi. files, not DAT files, so a bit more user-friendly.

liannejoy

Post by liannejoy » Mar 4th, '06, 06:50

HOT DANG!! finally..marmalade boy huh!! :D atta boy Ken!! :thumleft:
yeah..i tried downloading the first ep to check if the files i had were the same with the ones here at DA
but they were really differrent..sorry couldn't help in seeding.

noriko_kawada

Post by noriko_kawada » Mar 4th, '06, 07:47

Stella Huang is very pretty, like Yuna from Final Fantasi.

Mattman

Post by Mattman » Mar 4th, '06, 10:49

Hey, I'm afraid that my versions tend to vary a bit as well, I have versions from Lunachicas, the version uploaded here at d-addicts and maybe two other-fansub groups

persimon_pg

Post by persimon_pg » Mar 4th, '06, 14:42

Hi,
I downloaded the 1st episode and were disappointed with the poor quality. Basically, the picture was blurry and not clear, plus the sound was not that great either. I've seen this series many years ago when it first came out and possibly still have the video tapes for it. I won't continue with my download of this series!

Xi@h
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Xi@h » Mar 6th, '06, 07:49

LOL I'm laughing hard when I see complaints about the video quality. There was a post concerning video quality about Marmalade Boy within the vote poll, I guess you were all impress by the vote numbers and keep voting it instead of going through the thread and read what it has been saying.

That's a lesson to learn. Always read posts before VOTING.

squeakyl

Post by squeakyl » Mar 8th, '06, 01:25

*raises hand meekly*

Yeah, the quality is pretty bad. the DA ones, the DAT VCD rips have better quality translations and subs, but their audio is shat.
The Lunarchicas ones have much better audio, but their subs annoy me, why'd they have to revert to the original japanese names?!

The video I can tolerate, but the audio and subs just get on my nerves.

And yes, I watched them before voting, I mentioned the quality issues in the voting thread. Pity it seems nobody so much as looked twice *shrugs*

But I still don't regret voting for it, the story and humor are awesome!!

habukie
AiRen
AiRen

Post by habukie » Mar 8th, '06, 05:34

^^well, if anybody wants the RAWs, you can find them in murimzizon's clubbox. (translation on page 42 of the Clubboxes with Chinese Series thread) they're .DAT files, so i'm assuming they're VCD-rips.

didia

Post by didia » Mar 8th, '06, 20:34

so, is this drama any good??? i kinda quit after watching the 1st episode a loooong time ago.

angelic.me

Post by angelic.me » Mar 8th, '06, 22:55

habukie wrote:^^well, if anybody wants the RAWs, you can find them in murimzizon's clubbox. (translation on page 42 of the Clubboxes with Chinese Series thread) they're .DAT files, so i'm assuming they're VCD-rips.
Can you give me the link for Clubboxes with Chinese Series? I can't find the link for that thread or see it in the Chinese Entertainment section.

squeakyl

Post by squeakyl » Mar 9th, '06, 00:07

didia wrote:so, is this drama any good??? i kinda quit after watching the 1st episode a loooong time ago.
Personally, I really enjoyed it. If you can get past the audio/video quality from its debut many years ago, I think you'll find the story very funny and amusing.

habukie
AiRen
AiRen

Post by habukie » Mar 9th, '06, 08:47

angelic.me wrote:
habukie wrote:^^well, if anybody wants the RAWs, you can find them in murimzizon's clubbox. (translation on page 42 of the Clubboxes with Chinese Series thread) they're .DAT files, so i'm assuming they're VCD-rips.
Can you give me the link for Clubboxes with Chinese Series? I can't find the link for that thread or see it in the Chinese Entertainment section.
really? it's the third thread that comes up with i do a search in that section for "clubboxes" and it's consistently on the first page. :-)

anyways, here's the direct link. for those interested, please remember, these are RAWs only. so download only if you can watch.

angelic.me

Post by angelic.me » Mar 10th, '06, 18:16

squeakyl wrote:
didia wrote:so, is this drama any good??? i kinda quit after watching the 1st episode a loooong time ago.
Personally, I really enjoyed it. If you can get past the audio/video quality from its debut many years ago, I think you'll find the story very funny and amusing.
I agree. It is very funny and amusing but it's kinda hard to get pass the audio/video quality because it's so in the way.

Chinita_p

Post by Chinita_p » Mar 13th, '06, 23:10

All chapter are this?? the quality is very very bad, sound and video, but i thanks to you for this drama, because i like anime/manga. So, thank you!

mzheng0402

Post by mzheng0402 » Mar 18th, '06, 18:59

this drama sucks, it's just the same as any other chinese drama these days with teh ugly F4 guys in it
its so repetitive

pandaboy

Post by pandaboy » Mar 21st, '06, 14:50

Since there's no nomination for April's Chinese Series of the Month, I would like to nominate:

TW Drama
- Love Storm
- Mars
- Lavender

HKDrama
- Strike at heart
- Twin of Brothers

SGDrama
- Beyond the Axis of Truth 1 & 2
- My Lucky Charm
- A New Life

Feel free to choose any of the above, mods! Sorry if I recommended too many... LOL! Anybody who wants to second any of the above recommendation, please do so... thanks a lot!

mist1105

Meteor Garden please? :D

Post by mist1105 » Mar 25th, '06, 06:32

oOo.. nominations.

I second the Mars nominations.
and I'd like to nominate Meteor Garden.

Since jem doesnt work anymore.. and becuz i'm unsure if they have english subtitles. :) I'm trying to take a little break from Korean dramas.[/b]

pandaboy

Post by pandaboy » Mar 26th, '06, 10:12

Hmm... I wonder why no poll is up yet? We only have 5 days to vote if it's set up now....

Mattman

Post by Mattman » Mar 26th, '06, 10:46

Well, maybe it will start a bit later this time... I don't know

ps. if you nominate a drama, please look at the list of previous CsotM first. Usually only series that have not been selected before can be nominated....

Moenyc2000

Post by Moenyc2000 » Apr 1st, '06, 09:42

I am in the mood for an anicent drama. Last good one was step into the past.

tee668w

Post by tee668w » Apr 6th, '06, 09:21

where is the csotm for april?????

Calcifer
AiRen
AiRen

Post by Calcifer » Apr 6th, '06, 13:59

The poll for April's CSoTM is still up, until Friday, because I put it up late. I'll ask the volunteer seeders if they can seed what wins an extra week into May to compensate. So please vote now!