Login Issue? Delete D-addicts cookie from your browser settings and login again.

JSoTW Poll - 12/11/05 - Koi wo nan nen yasundemasu ka

talk about and vote for the Series of the Week and Month

What series should be the next JSoTW?

Poll ended at Dec 12th, '05, 01:42

DISQUALIFIED :(
36%
Dreams of Romance / Koi wo nan nen sudemasu ka?
42%
Yanpapa
11%
Pretty Girls
11%

Total votes: 195

LittleGreenGrasshopper
Geinou
Geinou

JSoTW Poll - 12/11/05 - Koi wo nan nen yasundemasu ka

Post by LittleGreenGrasshopper » Nov 28th, '05, 01:42

Hi everyone!

Well, it's been almost a month since the GEINOU team has taken over the reigns, and thankfully, we've yet to encounter thetenken's expression of displeasure or jholic's howling scream of sheer terror. So, we'll be continuing on with the JSOTW as usual. If anyone is willing to seed any of the series in the poll, please kindly post a reply here or in the JSOTW: Looking for volunteer seeders thread PM any one of the GEINOU.

A great big thanks to those who are presently seeding the current JSoTW (Suekko chonan ane sannin)! Thank you kindly for your support! :)

In the now immortal words of thetenken........

PLEASE READ THIS ENTIRE POST. IF YOU DO NOT, YOU MAY BE LIABLE TO THETENKEN'S EXPRESSIONS OF DISPLEASURE.

Taking nominations for the next series of the week. Let me know what you want to add to the poll and I'll add it. From this point forward only series that have a volunteer seeder will be put up into the poll. People can nominate whatever they want, but the series won't become a poll option until there is a volunteer seeder...

PLEASE NOMINATE AND VOTE ONLY FOR THE DRAMAS OFF THE COMPLETED DRAMAS LIST:
http://www.d-addicts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3500
(06/14/2004: As of this date, the Series of the Week is now officially only Japanese dramas with English subtitles.)

The nominees are:

Hitonatsu no papa e - http://jdorama.com/drama.760.htm
Dreams of Romance / Koi wo nan nen sudemasu ka? - http://jdorama.com/drama.587.htm
Yanpapa - http://jdorama.com/drama.622.htm
Pretty Girls - http://jdorama.com/drama.626.htm

Previous Japanese Series of the Week:
Oyaji, Otousan, Koi ga Shitai x3 (Where is Love?), Strawberry on the Shortcake (S.O.S.), Cheap Love, Big Wing, Hotman, Sutaa no Koi, From the Heart, Love Generation, A Sleeping Forest, Story of One Century, Friends, Younger Men, Merry Christmas in Summer, Shota no Sushi, Koibumi/Love Letter, Waterboys, Aoi Tori (Bluebird), Meguri Ai, Konna Koi no Hanashi, One Million Stars Falling From the Sky, News no Onna, Mukodono/My Husband, Food Fight, Heaven's Coins/Hoshi no Kinka, Forbidden Love, My Little Chef, With Love, Shopping Hero, Stand Up!!, 101st Marriage Proposal, Seija no Koushin, Maria/Mariya, Asunaro Hakusho, Summer Snow, Pretty Girls, Trick 1/2/3 (JSoTM), Itsumo Futari De, Tokyo Wankei, Denchi ga kireru made, Koi ga shitai (DVD), Wedding Planner, Suekko chonan ane sannin

What is a series of the week? More Info Here
Since there are now a substantial number of torrents on this site, we have implemented a "Series of the Week," where we could dedicate most of the bandwidth to a particular series during that week. This helps in a couple of ways:

1. People will know what series are available and have seeds, rather than just waiting and hoping for them to be seeded at some later date.

2. For those seeders who have DVD burners and have already burnt their collections to DVD/CD, then with the series of the week they know which series can be pulled off of DVD to help seed, minimizing troublesome multiple DVD loading.

3. Constantly re-circulates older torrents back into view, and focuses bandwidth and demand toward those specific torrents, rather than having people request series across the board.

Remember, D-Addicts was started for the community, and being a part of the community means sharing. If you don't share, then everyone loses (refer to JEM's dropping of Cdramas), and a good thing open to all may become a private party.

We take no responsibility for deleting poll entries if there are no seeds. No complaints, as this is a community effort. If the community doesn't want to share, then oh well...

Reminder: You must have at least 10 posts to vote. Go on, kiddies... explore the forum a bit... :)

Jecky

Post by Jecky » Nov 28th, '05, 02:00

first one to post :P i voted for Dreams of Romance / Koi wo nan nen sudemasu ka?. it sounds interesting. hope u will vote on it too :thumright:

Wut

Post by Wut » Nov 28th, '05, 03:11

wow !!

all nominees for JSOTW this week are interesting i can't choose one :glare: .

ok, i choose Dreams of Romance / Koi wo nan nen sudemasu ka? coz Naoko Iijima in it. I love her since Wedding Planner :wub:

KindaMaru

Post by KindaMaru » Nov 28th, '05, 03:59

I've vote for Yanpapa. It sounds interesting most in this month :mrgreen:

SnWa

Post by SnWa » Nov 28th, '05, 04:22

Thanks Team Geinou for continuing to provide us the JSOTW! Your efforts are appreciated!

I would like, though, to second a suggestion that gryzze made in the Wedding Planner thread with regards to ending up with a series with no seeds:
There is one thing that jholic did differently that I think would reduce the chances of this happening again... :-)

Whenever someone offered to seed one of the series, their name was added next to the title (in the poll). That way they felt more or less responsible for that series.

Then if a series won that no one had offered to seed, the runner-up would win instead.
You could use the JSOTW: Looking for volunteer seeders thread to tentatively identify a volunteer, but get confirmation before announcing JSOTW.

There's still no guarantee that the series will be seeded, but hopefully, it reduces the chances of a unseeded JSOTW.

Hope you don't take this as being too critical. Thanks again for your efforts. :-)

summa

Post by summa » Nov 28th, '05, 04:53

lol ill vote for "Hitonatsu no papa e" just because of aya's in it lol and the story sound preety intresting too

steam.boy

Post by steam.boy » Nov 28th, '05, 04:55

I can't decide..so my vote will be the same as the first person that replies...good luck haha

doctorwho

Post by doctorwho » Nov 28th, '05, 04:59

aya win.

kljs

Post by kljs » Nov 28th, '05, 05:03

I have to agree with the good doctor there. Aya for the win!!!!

LightningEmperor

Post by LightningEmperor » Nov 28th, '05, 06:08

hitonatsu no papa is such a boring drama....i tried to watch it but i just couldn't...

hauwulli

Post by hauwulli » Nov 28th, '05, 06:10

Pretty Girls :D

Néa Vanille
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Néa Vanille » Nov 28th, '05, 06:29

I agree. Hitonatsu no Papa e was painfully slow... :crazy: I like Aya too, but not even she could make it interesting for me.

I wonder why Pretty Girls is up again? :lol It was JSotW not that long ago.

Xi@h
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Xi@h » Nov 28th, '05, 07:12

I can't really choose all of them are great. Guess I'll vote for Pretty Girls but Koi wo nan nen sundemasu ka seems very interesting with the beautiful Iijima Naoko and Yada Akiko. Hitonatsu no Papa e would be nice though many of you think it's a bit slow, but the story seems interesting and Yan Papa, huh no synopsis.. I guess it's about a family story.

I give my vote for pretty girls.

LittleGreenGrasshopper
Geinou
Geinou

Post by LittleGreenGrasshopper » Nov 28th, '05, 07:58

Néa Vanille wrote: I wonder why Pretty Girls is up again? :lol It was JSotW not that long ago.
Good question... I was choosing the last one from using the JSOTW VS thread as a reference. Apparently, I didn't put down Pretty Girls as a previous winner :blink. Thanks for the heads-up.

sarit

Post by sarit » Nov 28th, '05, 17:41

i vote for Yanpapa.

Goto fight!

gunjourui
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by gunjourui » Nov 28th, '05, 22:08

voting for Koi wo nan nen sudemasu ka because of Iijima Naoko :-)

TIticamara

Post by TIticamara » Nov 29th, '05, 14:45

I will pass.

kittikun

Post by kittikun » Nov 29th, '05, 21:55

I vote for Dreams of Romance / Koi wo nan nen sudemasu ka?

doramara-ba

Post by doramara-ba » Nov 30th, '05, 07:46

Thank you LittleGreenGrasshopper for allowing 'Dreams of Romance' to be nominated as SOTW! I hope this means that somebody has already contacted you about volunteering to seed it. Ironically, I heard about it by looking at the dramas gingertoys2 sells on eBay (hmm...wonder where those come from, eh?). I suppose that if there aren't any d-addicts left who got it here the first time around, I could buy a copy on eBay and try to seed it, but I'd really hate to have to do that. So many thanks in advance to any volunteer seeders, should 'Dreams of Romance' win.

Snuggle

Post by Snuggle » Dec 1st, '05, 06:11

Didn't Pretty Girls win just a couple of months back?

vivian_lyf

Post by vivian_lyf » Dec 1st, '05, 09:26

I am gonna vote for dreams of romance...

Trebicyem

Post by Trebicyem » Dec 1st, '05, 09:57

Dreams of Romance / Koi wo nan nen sudemasu ka? as well !!
Yada akiko ftw ! :wub:
Seriously xD

Yanpapa is good, I still have it and wouldn't mind seeding it while I sleep but I'd rather something new :x

b4k4m4x

Post by b4k4m4x » Dec 2nd, '05, 04:56

Yanpapa Onegai!!!

:D :-) :D :D :-) :D :-) :D :-) :-) :D :-) :D :-) :D :-) :D :-)

Zanbonzakura
Deactivated

Post by Zanbonzakura » Dec 2nd, '05, 19:39

Hitonatsu no papa e sounds interesting! I vote for it!

ballistic88

Post by ballistic88 » Dec 2nd, '05, 22:37

Hello everyone, semi-new here, but I'm voting for "Dreams of Romance / Koi wo nan nen sudemasu ka?", since I've already seen the others. Plus, how can you beat having Iijima Naoko, Kuroki Hitomi, and Yada Akiko in one show...? Take care, all! (And of course, thank you again to all those who make it possible for all of us fans to be able to watch these dramas!). :salut: :mrgreen:

rukiaichigo
Deactivated

Post by rukiaichigo » Dec 3rd, '05, 08:21

Hitonatsu no papa e gets my vote. Aya rules!

strawhatpirates
Deactivated

Post by strawhatpirates » Dec 3rd, '05, 08:48

already have Yanpapa and pretty girls. 2 left. Hard decision, but Hitonatsu storyline sounds better.

brabu5

Post by brabu5 » Dec 3rd, '05, 10:13

Koi wo nan nen sudemasu ka?

piratecooksanji
Deactivated

Post by piratecooksanji » Dec 3rd, '05, 14:30

anything with aya in it gets my vote. Come on people, vote for Hitonatsu no papa e!

Gabriel

Post by Gabriel » Dec 4th, '05, 06:18

I vote for Hitonatsu no papa e

I like watching Aya Ueto :D

trickyamadaueda
Deactivated

Post by trickyamadaueda » Dec 4th, '05, 06:20

you need 10 posts to qualify for voting!

Yuzuki

Post by Yuzuki » Dec 4th, '05, 13:17

Voted for Dreams of Romance / Koi wo nan nen sudemasu ka? - Koizumi Kyoko looks interesting, aside from the usual Ijima and Akiko... :D

Close poll that I'm seeing.

orihimebleach
Deactivated

Post by orihimebleach » Dec 4th, '05, 17:21

wow. a very close vote!

Darez

Post by Darez » Dec 5th, '05, 07:19

I'm liking the synopsis of Hitonatsu no Papa... but is it that bad as many have said? For those that have watched it, what didn't you like about it?

On the other hand, I like the cast in Dreams of Romance; lots of familiar names.

Not sure which of the two to vote for. :-(

idiotboy

Post by idiotboy » Dec 5th, '05, 11:45

i'd love to vote for Yan Papa (all that Maki Goto goodness), but seeing as i've been trying to download various episodes of Hitonatsu since early August, my vote went to Aya-chan.

kljs

Post by kljs » Dec 5th, '05, 15:40

wow...a very close race....

acidkung

Post by acidkung » Dec 5th, '05, 15:51

still have no idea which one to vote this time...

Néa Vanille
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Néa Vanille » Dec 5th, '05, 17:29

I didn't like Hitonatsu because it was slow. Very slow. Nothing much really happened throughout the whole show and the dialogue was draggy and often very corny. To me, Aya was the only good thing about it.

I'd only vote for it if you absolutely adore Aya.

ballistic88

Post by ballistic88 » Dec 5th, '05, 18:50

Darez wrote:I'm liking the synopsis of Hitonatsu no Papa... but is it that bad as many have said? For those that have watched it, what didn't you like about it?

On the other hand, I like the cast in Dreams of Romance; lots of familiar names.

Not sure which of the two to vote for. :-(
Hmm... can't say it's bad. It's just... well, it doesn't grab your attention or even builds up to it, which is usually the case with other slower starting dramas. I love watching a pretty face, in this case Aya, as much as the next guy but that only served for me to tolerate the show and not necessarily enjoy it. If you really want quality and not just eye candy, then you're probably better off watching Aya's other shows...

Geezer

Post by Geezer » Dec 5th, '05, 20:46

What was wrong with "Papa for one Summer"?

Well, for my money, it was boring. It was poorly written. They had so little material, so little to say about this girl and her biological father that they filled in with second...no... third rate dance numbers performed by the staff of the pub where they hung out. Nice way to fill in 5 of the empty minutes in every episode.

No story, no script... just an excuse to point a camera at Aya to fulfill whatever contract she had with the TV studio.

I like Aya, but this was one of the few shows where I regretted wasting the discs I used to burn it on.

kingfisherman
Deactivated

Post by kingfisherman » Dec 5th, '05, 21:53

like some people here said. Only vote for Hitonatsu if admire Aya. Well, I am one of them. Don't care if the storyline freaking sucks to the depths of hell. Aya > storylines!

MoerkJ
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MoerkJ » Dec 5th, '05, 23:38

I bet there will be a little surprise in the end when we deduct the votes of the cheaters. :mrgreen:

n00bs + cheating = :cussing:

canon05

Post by canon05 » Dec 5th, '05, 23:55

How do they cheat? o_O they differ less than one vote

MoerkJ
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MoerkJ » Dec 6th, '05, 00:20

canon05 wrote:How do they cheat? o_O they differ less than one vote
uhm, please understand that I don't explain here how to cheat.
just one hint... everybody has only one vote... like in real life, mkay? :wink:

The matter is being discussed among the mods at the moment and the person(s) have been contacted. Until the final decision is made the poll won't get fixed.

GTOnizuka

Post by GTOnizuka » Dec 6th, '05, 00:34

i voted dreams of romance seems pretty interesting. :D

mizune
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Post by mizune » Dec 6th, '05, 02:11

MoerkJ wrote: The matter is being discussed among the mods at the moment and the person(s) have been contacted. Until the final decision is made the poll won't get fixed.
Awww... I wanted to spring the news.... :cry:
:whistling:

MoerkJ
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MoerkJ » Dec 6th, '05, 03:34

mizune wrote:Awww... I wanted to spring the news.... :cry:
:whistling:
You can have all the rest of the fun. I leave the beating to the Geinou team. You find all the necessary equipment in the toolshed. :lol

. . ( `_')@=('_'@)
Cheater vs. Team Geinou

gryzze
Administrator
Administrator

Post by gryzze » Dec 6th, '05, 10:53

I'm curious... what show(s) received those votes?

max_phrozen

Post by max_phrozen » Dec 6th, '05, 16:59

Hope my vote make the diffrence :)

wahjie

Hitonatsu no papa e

Post by wahjie » Dec 7th, '05, 07:23

Hitonatsu no papa eHitonatsu no papa eHitonatsu no papa eHitonatsu no papa eHitonatsu no papa eHitonatsu no papa eHitonatsu no papa eHitonatsu no papa eHitonatsu no papa eHitonatsu no papa eHitonatsu no papa eHitonatsu no papa eHitonatsu no papa eHitonatsu no papa eHitonatsu no papa eHitonatsu no papa eHitonatsu no papa eHitonatsu no papa eHitonatsu no papa eHitonatsu no papa eHitonatsu no papa e I VOTE

TomoyoN

Post by TomoyoN » Dec 7th, '05, 10:27

close race... wut happens if theres a tie???

toptoro

Post by toptoro » Dec 7th, '05, 19:03

Vote for Aya :wub:

Gabriel

Post by Gabriel » Dec 8th, '05, 11:33

toptoro wrote:Vote for Aya :wub:
Yes. Please. :thumleft:

neokenzo

Post by neokenzo » Dec 8th, '05, 12:03

I'm going to vote for Aya as well since I feel that the story is much more insteresting :) :D

Phinn

Post by Phinn » Dec 8th, '05, 13:21

Not wishing to adversely affect the vote or anything, but the DVD version of Hitonatsu no Papa e is currently on schedule for release later this month.

As for the criticisms of NatsuPapa, I'd agree that the series takes an interesting concept and goes absolutely nowhere with it for ten episodes, but Aya is so ridiculously pretty in this, it really doesn't matter :wub:

Néa Vanille
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Néa Vanille » Dec 8th, '05, 17:13

WOW, Phinn. The upcoming DVD release looks nice. :D

Isn't this a good reason to vote for Dreams of Romance this month and wait for the DVD release?

mizune
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Post by mizune » Dec 8th, '05, 17:26

Hate to break the news, but Hitonatsu no papa e has been disqualified for ballot box stuffing...In other words, somebody tried to cheat the polls by creating multiple accounts and voting for the same drama.

I'm not going to name them all, but among the fake usernames involved were those posting in these two threads:
http://www.d-addicts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=25718
http://www.d-addicts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=25674

A partial list of the fake users:
strawhatpirates, piratecooksanji, folder5, thresholdplan, orihimebleach, rozenthemaiden, maayagardenofeverything, kingfisherman, ussoptheliar, namithenavigator....well, you get the idea...

In the past, the users have been banned for poll cheating (and yes, we know who the culprit is this time), but since I couldn't find that punishment published anywhere (and against the reccomendations of the other mods), I'm going to let this guy keep his original username and remain anonymous... at least until he gives me reason to do otherwise. I admit that I'm a bit of a believer in giving people a second chance, but everybody is being warned now.... Poll cheating = Banning.

Bottom line: Please don't cheat in the polls!

Thanks

gryzze
Administrator
Administrator

Post by gryzze » Dec 8th, '05, 17:31

I suspected it was "Hitonatsu no papa" because it gained votes so fast... :-)

I don't think the non-cheating Hitonatsu voters need to feel sad, read Phinn's post (a couple posts up) and you'll see what I mean.

Jon Snow

Post by Jon Snow » Dec 8th, '05, 21:04

Maybe next month for Hitonatsu no papa e...
pleaaaaase :-(

Xi@h
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Xi@h » Dec 8th, '05, 21:08

Damn it cheaters.. you got this drama disqualified for the race of JSOTW.

gunjourui
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by gunjourui » Dec 8th, '05, 21:20

exactly!! there won't be any problems with getting it since the DVD version is going to be uploaded but the series won't be announced JSOTW ne

mizune and other mods: good job guys in catching the cheater :clap:

littlemissfab

Post by littlemissfab » Dec 8th, '05, 21:28

that is so sad! man, these people.. it's just right that they should be banned.

can you imagine what else they can do if they cheat on a thing like this??

yt_toshi
Virgin Islands (USA)

Post by yt_toshi » Dec 8th, '05, 21:32

I kind of wonder if this sort of cheating ever happened before on the previous JSOTW winners.

LyLxFaLLiNsTaR

Post by LyLxFaLLiNsTaR » Dec 8th, '05, 23:11

aiyah... anywayz hope the cheating doesn't happen again.. i just go with whichever since i watch whatever is given i don't ask for to much ppl these days are taking advantage of the rights tsk tsk...

carol^-^

Post by carol^-^ » Dec 9th, '05, 00:38

I vote for Dreams of Romance!
I wonder when Meguri ai is going to be on the JSOTW again...
Thanks! itsumo arigatou!

Pikawoo
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Pikawoo » Dec 9th, '05, 06:13

I was thinking of seeding hitonatsu no papa e for a while so I could get dreams of romance over the top. But will this be a reward for cheaters?

Moderators, can I have your adivice on this topic.

Azumi

Post by Azumi » Dec 9th, '05, 07:35

I voted for Hitonatsu too,because I've seen it. My download queue is full and I've busted my bandwidth limit, so... :P

neokenzo

Post by neokenzo » Dec 9th, '05, 08:03

I just cant beleive that someone would bother cheating for something like this LOL :lol :lol :lol
If he/she wanted to see it that badly, why not just ask for it to be seeded.

mizune
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Post by mizune » Dec 9th, '05, 17:37

Pikawoo wrote:I was thinking of seeding hitonatsu no papa e for a while so I could get dreams of romance over the top. But will this be a reward for cheaters?

Pikawoo, I'd say you should do whatever you like... Would it be rewarding the cheater? Maybe... But it would sure make a lot of other people who voted legitimately happy as well.... :)

Don't forget that we have people like feedmeister doing VSS work all the time, so your contribution would be more than welcome whenever you felt like it...

Of course, what with all this cheating business, i got distracted and just realized that we have no volunteer seeds for the inevitable winner this week! :doh:

Somebody please shoot me, I apologize... :sorry:
Uh, I guess it's time to start campaigning? I don't have this title and will be out of town next week, so.... :pray:

And you can bet next time, we're setting up the poll with seeders names beside the entries like jholic used to do.... :glare:
*sigh*

neonkinpatsu
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by neonkinpatsu » Dec 10th, '05, 02:07

Pikawoo wrote:I was thinking of seeding hitonatsu no papa e for a while so I could get dreams of romance over the top. But will this be a reward for cheaters?

Well, yeah, it would reward the cheater(s) because they still get their way....but like mizune said we can't tell ya what to do b/c it's your call :sweat:

However, I would kinda disagree generally w/ such ways. If it's what I think it is, it's almost like bribing to skew the votes to another person's liking. Is it like "If you vote for Dreams of Romance I'll seed Hitonatsu no Papa e"? On 1 hand I think it's helpful b/c 2 series get seeded fully instead of 1, but I kinda think it's sorta....altering some people's originally intended vote to satisfy someone else's desire. I dunno :unsure:

techie
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by techie » Dec 10th, '05, 16:25

Saw the dilemma here... Mizune and AP please check your pm's for more.
Hope we can come up with a good idea on how to prevent these cheats in the future.
I'm thinking of something as I type, and I'll probably drop a line to Ruro or MoerkJ about it too.

Good catch though MoerkJ and company. :thumright:

ayuchan

Post by ayuchan » Dec 10th, '05, 17:04

xD
yay the series I wanted most got voted*_* thx alot

Gabriel

Post by Gabriel » Dec 11th, '05, 14:53

Might as well just create a new poll...

mizune
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Post by mizune » Dec 11th, '05, 17:39

We've got a seeder, but it may be spotty at first so please have some patience...
Thanks ap!!!!

The winner (by default) this week is Koi wo nan nen sundemasu ka? (aka Dreams of Romance)! Now who didn't see that one coming? ^_^;;;

ap

Post by ap » Dec 11th, '05, 19:45

ep 2 is now fully seeded. hopefully it will stay seeded

due to a slight tech glich, i have to delete the torrent for ep 1 and replace it with a new one. what you have already down loaded should still be good. i will seed this after is finish egao no hosoku 2

i'm only gonna seed till there is a couple seeders complete, then go on to the next one. the seeds may out of order, as techie is going to help