Series of the Week 04/07/04 - See SotW 04/12/04 revote

talk about and vote for the Series of the Week and Month

What should be the next series of the week? (x indicates where I cannot seed)

Poll ended at Apr 7th, '04, 07:10

Oyaji
20%
Shopping Hero (x)
18%
S.O.S.
24%
Younger Men (x)
14%
Love Complex (x)
25%

Total votes: 51

thetenken
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Series of the Week 04/07/04 - See SotW 04/12/04 revote

Post by thetenken » Mar 24th, '04, 07:10

PLEASE VOTE IN THE NEW THREAD:
http://www.d-addicts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2745

Alright, taking nominations for the next series of the week. Let me know what you want to add to the poll and I'll add it.

Last time's runner-ups:

Oyaji - http://www.jdorama.com/drama_496.htm
S.O.S. - http://jdorama.com/drama_466.htm
Shopping Hero - http://jdorama.com/drama_707.htm

Just completed:
Younger Men - http://www.jdorama.com/viewtopic_3702.htm and http://www.kikutv.com/shows/younger_men/index.html

Others:
Story of One Century - http://jdorama.com/drama_506.htm (Removed from list because no one volunteered to seed)
Love Complex - http://jdorama.com/drama_492.htm

---

What is a series of the week?
Since there are now a substantial number of torrents on this site, we have implemented a "Series of the Week," where we could dedicate most of the bandwidth to a particular series during that week. This helps in a couple of ways:

1. People will know what series is available and have seeds, rather than just waiting and hoping.

2. For those seeders who have DVD burners and have already burnt their collections to DVD/CD, then with the series of the week you know which series you can pull off of DVD to help seed, minimizing troublesome multiple DVD loading.

3. Constantly re-circulates older torrents back into view, and focuses bandwidth and demand toward those specific torrents, rather than having people request series across the board.

We will be taking votes as to what the next Series of the Week will be. Please only vote on completed series, and not incomplete series, movies, songs, etc. This is primarily for Japanese drama series. Those who propose other types of series should find seeds on their own who will offer to seed for that week.

Remember, D-Addicts was started for the community, and being a part of the community means sharing. If you don't share, then everyone loses (refer to JEM's dropping of Cdramas), and a good thing open to all may become a private party.
Last edited by thetenken on Apr 11th, '04, 00:49, edited 8 times in total.

kood
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by kood » Mar 24th, '04, 07:14

Was the previous voting thread deleted?

I thought we voted already...

thetenken
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by thetenken » Mar 24th, '04, 16:17

Well, it's a series of the week....so the poll changes every two weeks or so. =)

puccakiss79
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by puccakiss79 » Mar 24th, '04, 17:13

Story of One Century sound interesting (i'm finally in the majority this week :D...wonder if it'll stay this way )
Last edited by puccakiss79 on Mar 30th, '04, 22:48, edited 2 times in total.

groink

Post by groink » Mar 24th, '04, 20:17

When is the voting going to end? Younger Men ep11 END should be in the hands of several people by the end of today. So seeing all eps are now on d-addicts, is there any chance of putting this series on the list?

--- groink
1. Always read FAQs for a given forum before posting.
2. Read the first few posts in a topic before posting.
3. Speak using complete English words.
4. The Internet is international. Respect regional and cultural values.

kood
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by kood » Mar 24th, '04, 20:40

^Is it good? Recommended?

I tried searching for it, but the only results were articles about older women and younger men..

groink

Post by groink » Mar 24th, '04, 20:44

aznkoodies wrote:^Is it good? Recommended?

I tried searching for it, but the only results were articles about older women and younger men..
One more person that doesn't read torrent comments.... In each of the episode's comments, you would've seen this link:

http://www.kikutv.com/shows/younger_men/index.html

In addition, JDorama.com has a link dedicated to this series:

http://www.jdorama.com/viewtopic_2841.htm

--- groink

thetenken
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by thetenken » Mar 24th, '04, 21:59

groink wrote:When is the voting going to end? Younger Men ep11 END should be in the hands of several people by the end of today. So seeing all eps are now on d-addicts, is there any chance of putting this series on the list?

--- groink
Done.

beer

Post by beer » Mar 24th, '04, 23:02

Just out of curiosity: what's the current series of the week? Because if it isn't Big Wing then I've missed it. Which leads me to another question - isn't Series of the Fortnight more appropriate?

groink

Post by groink » Mar 24th, '04, 23:51

beer wrote:Just out of curiosity: what's the current series of the week? Because if it isn't Big Wing then I've missed it. Which leads me to another question - isn't Series of the Fortnight more appropriate?
It currently is Big Wing. Technically, the SOTW it isn't a "week" but rather two to three weeks. When Ruroshin completes his coding, the SOTW should once again appear on the main torrent page. Until then, just keep track via the posts.

--- groink

chrysanthemum

Post by chrysanthemum » Mar 25th, '04, 15:38

Younger Men was just completed. What about something older, like Love Complex?

groink

Post by groink » Mar 25th, '04, 22:37

chrysanthemum wrote:Younger Men was just completed. What about something older, like Love Complex?
You see, it's all about LOBBYING!!!! LOL! If you'd like a series to be listed, you need to bring it up with thetenken, then you need to start lobbying for votes at the seed request thread for Love Complex. You can't just wait for things to happen -- you need to make them happen!

--- groink

thetenken
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by thetenken » Mar 25th, '04, 22:57

groink wrote:
chrysanthemum wrote:Younger Men was just completed. What about something older, like Love Complex?
You see, it's all about LOBBYING!!!! LOL! If you'd like a series to be listed, you need to bring it up with thetenken, then you need to start lobbying for votes at the seed request thread for Love Complex. You can't just wait for things to happen -- you need to make them happen!

--- groink
Alright, gonna add it. BTW, the SotW right now is "Where is Love?" but there doesn't seem to be much interest in it...

I will be removing Story of One Century if no one comes forward in the next few days as a seed volunteer...also need a volunteer for Shopping Hero and Love Complex.

chrysanthemum

Post by chrysanthemum » Mar 26th, '04, 08:24

The SOTW is probably just in a slump right now because people don't have the nifty little link that does the searching for them, nor the nifty little link to the forum that tells them what's going on. Even still, I had planned to download the series, but it doesn't appear to be being seeded. That could be the reason for the slump too. No one wants to join a lost cause.

Smiley_18

Post by Smiley_18 » Mar 26th, '04, 08:42

Voted for Story of One Century. :D Even though I have watched it before, I still want to watch it again, since I missed an episode in the middle. :glare:
Currently downloading ~ 1963
Currently watching ~ Beyond The Realm Of Conscience [tvb]

chrysanthemum

Post by chrysanthemum » Mar 26th, '04, 08:56

Lobbying! Great idea, groink! You may regret mentioning that. I've already begun infusing propaganda for the series into the forum. XD I've even changed my avatar for the occasion!

thetenken
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by thetenken » Mar 26th, '04, 15:44

chrysanthemum wrote:The SOTW is probably just in a slump right now because people don't have the nifty little link that does the searching for them, nor the nifty little link to the forum that tells them what's going on. Even still, I had planned to download the series, but it doesn't appear to be being seeded. That could be the reason for the slump too. No one wants to join a lost cause.
Actually, I am seeding the episodes that currently have people downloading...

Enzo

i m sorry

Post by Enzo » Mar 27th, '04, 21:40

how shall we know which drama will be the serie of the week?
you said that it will be wriitten on the torrent page but i can t find it !
thx
ohayoooo !!!

Caine

Love Complex!!!

Post by Caine » Mar 27th, '04, 22:14

Voted for Love Complex. It seems weird enough to be a very good drama:)

groink

Post by groink » Mar 27th, '04, 22:43

I'm glad the SOTW voting exists... It just proves my point even more. People who are begging for Younger Men seeds should really be voting in. However, it just shows that they're really not reading the forums and participating. I'm really really trying to comprehend why they don't... It can only benefit the leechers, y'know? I even posted a message on the seed request thread for YM to come to this thread and vote. So if Younger Men ends up having a very low voting turn-out, I'm no longer going to sympthesize with these leechers, and to hell with seeding the series! They had their chances, and I created the opportunity for them. However, they're too stupid to take advantage of it, or even worse know that the chance even exists!!!!

So once again, if you want Younger Men to be seeded, at least by me, for the next two weeks, you had better vote now and beat out the other series!

--- groink

thetenken
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Series of the Week removals

Post by thetenken » Mar 28th, '04, 06:13

I will be removing Story of One Century if no one comes forward in the next 2 days as a seed volunteer...also need a volunteer for Shopping Hero and Love Complex.

vibius

Re: Series of the Week removals

Post by vibius » Mar 28th, '04, 06:42

thetenken wrote:I will be removing Story of One Century if no one comes forward in the next 2 days as a seed volunteer...also need a volunteer for Shopping Hero and Love Complex.
Oh rats. I was hoping someone might come up with an uncorrupted ep 5.
:cry:

aNToK
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by aNToK » Mar 29th, '04, 08:15

If I had it I'd seed....

Still trying to complete the current (?) sotw with ep 6 of Where is Love? Been open for days with no seeder, and I believe all the other peers have gotten up to the 57.5% I've been at for days now.

Can some kind soul please put up this file for a little while? ep6, ep6, ep6!!!

vibius

Post by vibius » Mar 29th, '04, 10:31

Unofficial Series of the Week:

Since it isn't complete yet, but Love Generation (raw) has been almost completely seeded for the last 2 days. Lofty, lofty!

thetenken
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by thetenken » Mar 29th, '04, 20:57

aNToK wrote:If I had it I'd seed....

Still trying to complete the current (?) sotw with ep 6 of Where is Love? Been open for days with no seeder, and I believe all the other peers have gotten up to the 57.5% I've been at for days now.

Can some kind soul please put up this file for a little while? ep6, ep6, ep6!!!
Er, I seeded episode 6 a few days ago...I'm trying to get the lower eps up to speed...I'll hit up ep 6 later tonight...

aNToK
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by aNToK » Mar 29th, '04, 23:25

thanks for the response thetenken, some kind sould has come in to seed, so go ahead and concentrate on the earlier eps. There's also 3 people at 80% including myself, so I'll keep it open once it's done to help the others finish too. If anyone is in need of any of the other eps, let me know.

frequent flyer

Post by frequent flyer » Mar 29th, '04, 23:55

thetenken wrote:I will be removing Story of One Century if no one comes forward in the next 2 days as a seed volunteer...also need a volunteer for Shopping Hero and Love Complex.
I'll always be on the side of the underdog. Go Shopping Hero!
Yeah, I've got the complete mpeg1 version on one of my drives somewhere.
I haven't watch it yet, but I guess now is good a time as any to watch it.
Sign me up, just hope none of my files are dame desu?

groink

Post by groink » Mar 30th, '04, 00:04

frequent flyer wrote:I'll always be on the side of the underdog. Go Shopping Hero!
Yeah, I've got the complete mpeg1 version on one of my drives somewhere.
I haven't watch it yet, but I guess now is good a time as any to watch it.
Sign me up, just hope none of my files are dame desu?
Great series!!!! I captured Shopping Hero to mpeg-2 just recently (re-aired in Hawaii, ended just this past Saturday), but messed up on episode 5 so I only have a MPEG-1 of that episode. :(

Shopping Paradise!!!!!!!!!!! Let's go shopping!!!!!!!!!!! :)

--- groink

frequent flyer

Post by frequent flyer » Mar 30th, '04, 00:32

groink wrote:[
Great series!!!! I captured Shopping Hero to mpeg-2 just recently (re-aired in Hawaii, ended just this past Saturday), but messed up on episode 5 so I only have a MPEG-1 of that episode. :(

Shopping Paradise!!!!!!!!!!! Let's go shopping!!!!!!!!!!! :)

--- groink
Woo hoo... even better (mpeg-2). :cheers:
Way to go, more volunteers!

chiyoaiki

Post by chiyoaiki » Mar 30th, '04, 10:10

Voted for Story of One Century.

thetenken
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by thetenken » Mar 30th, '04, 22:46

chiyoaiki wrote:Voted for Story of One Century.
Heh, that's a wasted vote, cause I'm taking it off the list right now...

Need a seed for Love Complex, or that's going to go, too.

puccakiss79
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by puccakiss79 » Mar 30th, '04, 22:49

puccakiss79 wrote:Story of One Century sound interesting (i'm finally in the majority this week :D...wonder if it'll stay this way )
wondering is over...lol...maybe i was bad luck for that particular series...puhahaha :unsure:

SOS is now in the lead, i can help seed that.

beer

Post by beer » Mar 30th, '04, 23:02

SOS? I'll rather kill my Hero seeds and seed it instead. Oyaji is the way to go!

Xnite

Post by Xnite » Mar 31st, '04, 02:02

alright S.O.S. is winning! :D

groink

Post by groink » Mar 31st, '04, 02:11

I'm thinking that if someone voted for Story of One Century earlier, he/she/it should be able to vote for a different series now that the Century option has been bleeped from existence (the total # of votes displayed add up). Therefore, voting earlier for that now-defunct'd series shouldn't be a wasted vote.

BTW, 500 POSTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YIPPEE!!!!!!!! :P

--- groink

puccakiss79
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by puccakiss79 » Mar 31st, '04, 02:29

i'd like to revote since mine doesn't count anymore...i'll just wait until the next round and help seed SOS if its the winner...i'd vote for Younger Men since i missed a few episodes including the last wen it aired on KIKU...i'd always forget to change the channel on Monday's after my Kdrama on KBFD!

niko2x

Post by niko2x » Apr 6th, '04, 19:21

you'd figure everyones got sos by now....

Smiley_18

Post by Smiley_18 » Apr 7th, '04, 20:37

Oyaji pls....
Currently downloading ~ 1963
Currently watching ~ Beyond The Realm Of Conscience [tvb]

groink

Post by groink » Apr 7th, '04, 21:13

niko2x wrote:you'd figure everyones got sos by now....
5 years from now, people will still be looking for SOS. BT seeding is an infinite process. It just goes to show that more and more people are getting interested in Japanese dramas, and therefore there will always be a few people at any given point of time looking for what I like to refer to as "the essentials".

--- groink

beer

Post by beer » Apr 7th, '04, 21:38

Hmm, I reseeded S.O.S. this morning and as of tomorrow I'll keep all episodes seeded for at least 10 days.

Oyaji has torrents posted for 6 its 11 episodes. Please revive it.

ophelia

Post by ophelia » Apr 9th, '04, 06:59

Hmm, can someone tell me how to vote? Do I just tell you here which one I prefer or I need to be somewhere else? :unsure:

Thanks
O.L.

redd

Re: Series of the Week 04/07/04 - See SotW 04/12/04 revote

Post by redd » Apr 9th, '04, 15:47

thetenken wrote: Story of One Century - http://jdorama.com/drama_506.htm (Removed from list because no one volunteered to seed)
I wouldnt mind to seed it, I know not much ppl got it.

edit: my version is 6 episodes ? Is there a mistake on http://jdorama.com/drama_506.htm or I got another version ?

vibius

Post by vibius » Apr 9th, '04, 16:56

redd wrote:I wouldnt mind to seed it, I know not much ppl got it.

edit: my version is 6 episodes ? Is there a mistake on http://jdorama.com/drama_506.htm or I got another version ?
I guess it is a little confusing :) It had 3 episodes, each having 2 parts, for a total of 6 shows :)

Do you have an uncorrupted version of the 5th show? That's the one that stumped a lot of people. I couldn't fix it on my system.

Peggy

Story of the Century

Post by Peggy » Apr 10th, '04, 00:13

Too bad about SOTC. I saw this a long time ago on the YV. It was very interesting. I am remembering that Osawa Takao was in this in the middle story. A very interesting plot line.

Sorry I did not see this subject before.

Peggy

redd

Post by redd » Apr 10th, '04, 01:46

vibius wrote:
redd wrote:I wouldnt mind to seed it, I know not much ppl got it.

I guess it is a little confusing :) It had 3 episodes, each having 2 parts, for a total of 6 shows :)

Do you have an uncorrupted version of the 5th show? That's the one that stumped a lot of people. I couldn't fix it on my system.
Well I didnt know since I didnt get to watch it yet, but it does skip, image and sound. I got it here too... I dunno how to fix it tho

seem watchable if you really want to watch it, but it sure doesnt worth to distribute with these skips

ragundo

Post by ragundo » Apr 10th, '04, 09:37

I vote for Oyaji .
I've only downloaded a few episodes, but
it's very very funny.
Spanish - JDrama addict

thetenken
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by thetenken » Apr 11th, '04, 00:49

Please do not vote here. Vote in this thread:

http://www.d-addicts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2745