Login Issue? Delete D-addicts cookie from your browser settings and login again.

October's KSOTM - Ireland

talk about and vote for the Series of the Week and Month
MoerkJ
Administrator
Administrator

October's KSOTM - Ireland

Post by MoerkJ » Oct 1st, '05, 09:15

Ireland is Korean Series of the Month for October

:heart: Thank you, volunteers for seeding!! :heart:
Jannah, leeunit, mtlandis, nagai yasumi, |sUiZiD|

Note to all downloaders: Please be extra patient because we don't have only few volunteering seeders this month. Please help our seeders by donating as much upload bandwidth as you can. Please keep seeding as long as you can after your download has finished. Thanks!

All seed requests should be posted in the Ireland seed request thread and not here.

Torrent Information:
Episodes: 16
Source: SDTV-Rip
Video: XViD
Audio: MP3
Subtitles: available on totuta's Ireland homepage
Original Encoder/Releaser: various (iCEDRAMA, hamc, 2DOT, et.al.)

Starring:
  • Lee Na Young as Lee Joong-ah
    Hyun Bin as Kang g**k
    Kim Min Joon as Lee Jae-bok
    Kim Min Jung as Han Shi-yeon
Synopsis:
A westernized Irish adoptee, Joong-Ah inevitably flies back to Korea to confront her past and to see the country she is really from, only to fall in love with her brother, Jae-bok. Their love is painful, as they are never meant to be together as lovers, but merely as brother and sister. The show's message is that there is no such thing as noble innocent love and that love is adversity itself. Therefore, love mustn't be impeded by so-called "destiny" or family, no matter how ironic or difficult the case may seem. Although destiny is cruel and arduous, the two young lovers radiate pure happiness. The show describes how love survives the tragic bondage of family, destiny and romance.

Additional Information:
Last edited by MoerkJ on Oct 3rd, '05, 11:30, edited 1 time in total.

Jannah
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Post by Jannah » Oct 1st, '05, 09:46

Yay, Ireland! :heart: Watched this ages (okay, maybe only a year) ago, but this would be a good chance to watch it again. It's a deep, emotional show so I don't suggest trying to marathon this one.

The subs might be beta but they're actually pretty well done. Remember to thank totuta who subbed this! And do get the OST! It's one of my favourites. I really, really like the pop-rock tunes. If anybody wants me to upload the OST on the tracker (in case you miss downloading it on weekends), I can do so.

*off to copy Ireland to HD*

x_XJules
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by x_XJules » Oct 1st, '05, 10:31

they're brother and sister? :crazy:

Jannah
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Post by Jannah » Oct 1st, '05, 10:44

x_XJules wrote:they're brother and sister? :crazy:
Err, yeah. They didn't know as she had been adopted overseas. Quite screwed up, if you think about it. But there wasn't anything incestuous in the drama.

x_XJules
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by x_XJules » Oct 1st, '05, 10:47

Jannah wrote:
x_XJules wrote:they're brother and sister? :crazy:
Err, yeah. They didn't know as she had been adopted overseas. Quite screwed up, if you think about it. But there wasn't anything incestuous in the drama.
haha, alright alright. i'll give it a try.

kwon
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by kwon » Oct 1st, '05, 11:24

Can't wait to see Hyun Bin in this...

maezhou

Post by maezhou » Oct 1st, '05, 17:45

I'll be watching this because of Hyun Bin. I started to like him after watching Kim San Soon.

shirahime

Post by shirahime » Oct 1st, '05, 19:25

hyunbin is absolutle adorable in this, wonder if I should re-watch..........last time I watched this it was for Kim Min Jun but I ended up falling for hyunbin <33

Jannah
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Post by Jannah » Oct 1st, '05, 23:29

Somehow I think HB looks young & boyish in Ireland compared to in MNKSS...

duckweed

Post by duckweed » Oct 2nd, '05, 11:49

So they are real blood related sliblings ? I watched damo and found the concept rather disturbing :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

Jannah
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Post by Jannah » Oct 2nd, '05, 13:19

duckweed wrote:So they are real blood related sliblings ? I watched damo and found the concept rather disturbing :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:
Yes, they are blood-related siblings. I guess some people find it disturbing, but I think the concept of incest (in both Ireland & Damo) were portrayed tastefully.

Edit: Just occurred to me that that might've been a spoiler!
Last edited by Jannah on Oct 3rd, '05, 02:12, edited 1 time in total.

aiki

Post by aiki » Oct 2nd, '05, 22:56

waah ...... it's a little bit hard for me to accept incest ..... huiih .... Homosexual is OK ... but Incest ?????

dreni

Post by dreni » Oct 3rd, '05, 01:27

they never found out if they are or they aren't i believe

Jannah
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Post by Jannah » Oct 3rd, '05, 02:27

dreni wrote:they never found out if they are or they aren't i believe
If I remember correctly, she found out that they were in fact siblings, but chose to tell everyone else the results turned out negative.

mizune
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Post by mizune » Oct 3rd, '05, 02:38

Holy smokes, I just came in from the forrent page, and did you see how many ppl have already queued up for the later eps of this series?
Wow.... O_o;

MoerkJ
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MoerkJ » Oct 3rd, '05, 11:34

Good news everyone...

The subtitles are now available on totuta's Ireland homepage during the weekdays aswell. Thanks totuta!

pickle9000

Post by pickle9000 » Oct 3rd, '05, 20:33

Thanks for the series, I've just finished the watching the first two episodes and I'm hooked.

Thanks again to all those involved.

...mike

Tao Libra

Post by Tao Libra » Oct 4th, '05, 13:40

aiki wrote:Homosexual is OK ... but Incest ?
You've got to be joking. I really don't understand how you could tolerate the one and not the other.

If you believe that two consenting adults of the same gender – that is, two people who share the same chromosomes – should be allowed to consort with one another, then how can you rationally condemn two consenting adults of different genders merely because they share the same DNA?

If you condemn any one kind of relationship (such as incest), you establish a precedent that "Some relationships CAN be condemned" – which can then be used to justify condemning any other kind of relationship (such as homosexuality).

Either you accept the premise that ALL people should be allowed to live however they want, or you don't. There is no middle ground.

movieaddict

Post by movieaddict » Oct 5th, '05, 05:20

Tao Libra wrote:
You've got to be joking. I really don't understand how you could tolerate the one and not the other.

If you believe that two consenting adults of the same gender – that is, two people who share the same chromosomes – should be allowed to consort with one another, then how can you rationally condemn two consenting adults of different genders merely because they share the same DNA?

If you condemn any one kind of relationship (such as incest), you establish a precedent that "Some relationships CAN be condemned" – which can then be used to justify condemning any other kind of relationship (such as homosexuality).

Either you accept the premise that ALL people should be allowed to live however they want, or you don't. There is no middle ground.
This is a little off topic,

i concur 8) you have to either accept both types of relationships or not accept any of em' at all...as for me i do not agree to both these types of relationship. if you are ok with incest, believe me, you are sick. some people might find this as offensive to homosexuals, but seriously i have nothing against homosexuals. i'm just christian and i think being a homosexual is not sinful but if you engage in homosexual relationships it is, therefore, sinful. there is a clear difference between homosexual orientation and homosexual activity. one is biological which you do not have control over and the other is behavioral, which you do have control over. it is not intended in nature for homosexual relationships, nature's will is for procreation. well, if you are a homosexual christian meaning a true believer,and you find this hard to accept, just know one thing if you truly believe that Jesus is your savior who died for your sins and he is all loving, whether you are a homosexual or not, it shouldn't be thought of as a form ofpunishment or anything and he is not condemning you for it, true believers would have faith that God has a plan for them. :D

And as for non-believers, i pray for you that you will get to know HIM. I'm a christian fanatic sorry to bore you but believe me there is nothing greater than knowing Jesus.

kibana

Post by kibana » Oct 5th, '05, 17:50

what is this one about :scratch: ... :tv: im looking for new shows too watch but i have no clue what too start with so if you want to give me the jist of it what is about and all you know it woudl be muchly appreciated^_^ :mrgreen:

cetok

Post by cetok » Oct 6th, '05, 14:25

oh no ..not brother n sister relationship again..

duckweed

Post by duckweed » Oct 7th, '05, 18:19

Tao Libra wrote:

If you condemn any one kind of relationship (such as incest), you establish a precedent that "Some relationships CAN be condemned" – whicih can then be used to justify condemning any other kind of relationship (such as homosexuality).

Well, you cant have kids with people of the same gender. Even childrens of first cousins are more likely to have problems, let along sliblings .... Hence incest is more universally taboo throughout human history than homosexuality ..

Tao Libra

Post by Tao Libra » Oct 7th, '05, 23:00

duckweed wrote:Well, you cant have kids with people of the same gender. Even childrens of first cousins are more likely to have problems, let along sliblings ....
If you presume to have the right to tell two people who are related that they can't breed just because they have a higher likelihood of passing on genetic flaws to their children, then you'll need to prevent people from breeding for all kinds of other reasons too. In order to be consistent, you'll have to forbid breeding by people who have ANY kind of disease that has a statistical likelihood of being passed on to one's children — such as heart conditions, diabetes or even allergies.

Furthermore, if your only argument against incest is that genetic problems MAY occur in the resulting children, then you have no argument at all if the incestuous couple decides not to have children.
duckweed wrote:Hence incest is more universally taboo throughout human history than homosexuality ..
That's highly debatable; but more importantly, it's irrelevant: The popularity of a taboo has nothing to do with its rationality.

duckweed

Post by duckweed » Oct 7th, '05, 23:27

Tao Libra wrote:
duckweed wrote:Well, you cant have kids with people of the same gender. Even childrens of first cousins are more likely to have problems, let along sliblings ....
If you presume to have the right to tell two people who are related that they can't breed just because they have a higher likelihood of passing on genetic flaws to their children, then you'll need to prevent people from breeding for all kinds of other reasons too. In order to be consistent, you'll have to forbid breeding by people who have ANY kind of disease that has a statistical likelihood of being passed on to one's children — such as heart conditions, diabetes or even allergies.

Furthermore, if your only argument against incest is that genetic problems MAY occur in the resulting children, then you have no argument at all if the incestuous couple decides not to have children.
duckweed wrote:Hence incest is more universally taboo throughout human history than homosexuality ..
That's highly debatable; but more importantly, it's irrelevant: The popularity of a taboo has nothing to do with its rationality.
I just give facts... Homosexuality was accepted in cultures like ancient Greece but you would be hard find to list any culture that accepted incest ...Hence homosexuality was accepted by in some places and never incest. Why lump the two different things together, and use incest as a club to beat up homosexuality ... I am not interested in debating rationality, i just pointing out homosexuality is homosexuality , incest is incest ... This is not the place for it and i wouldnt post any more on this topic

Tao Libra

Post by Tao Libra » Oct 8th, '05, 01:06

duckweed wrote:I just give facts...
No, actually you aren't. You're giving opinions, and you only think they're facts.
duckweed wrote:…you would be hard find to list any culture that accepted incest ...
Wrong again, as I can name at least a dozen right off the top of my head, without even trying hard — Ancient Egypt, to cite just one example, where Phaorohs regularly married their own sisters — and not all of them are "ancient" cultures, either.
duckweed wrote:Why lump the two different things together, and use incest as a club to beat up homosexuality
I haven't done any such thing. In fact, I haven't said a single thing against homosexuality, so don't accuse me of it. All I did was point out that it's irrational to accept homosexuality while condemning incest — and it IS irrational, whether you care to acknowledge it or not.
duckweed wrote:I am not interested in debating rationality…
Yeah, obviously. So stop acting like you're presenting a rational argument, when all you've got is an emotional, reactionary, pseudo-moral assumption.

Bottom Line: The only reason the topic wandered in this direction is that Ireland contains some story elements of an incestuous nature. If you find that sort of thing offensive, then simply DON'T DOWNLOAD IT.

r4mone

Post by r4mone » Oct 8th, '05, 06:05

personally I'm not into the incest relationship.

next month Super Rookie should be the Series of the month! it rocks.

kwon
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by kwon » Oct 8th, '05, 08:19

I can't seem to open the sub files. I've tried it with BSplayer, Cyberlink PowerDVD and with Windows Media Player. Can someone help me?

totuta

Post by totuta » Oct 8th, '05, 10:22

kwon wrote:I can't seem to open the sub files. I've tried it with BSplayer, Cyberlink PowerDVD and with Windows Media Player. Can someone help me?
try GOM player.
http://app.ipop.co.kr/gom/GOMPLAYERSETUP.EXE

kwon
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by kwon » Oct 8th, '05, 14:21

Thanks totuta for your help!

Wwaldo37

Post by Wwaldo37 » Oct 9th, '05, 08:56

Ok 1:30am just finished Ireland...

I'm a little confused if we are trying to obfuscate SPOILERS.

dreni wrote:
they never found out if they are or they aren't i believe
jenna wrote:
If I remember correctly, she found out that they were in fact siblings, but chose to tell everyone else the results turned out negative.

I kind of had that feeling that she may have lied about the DNA results. Lee Jae bok would have to have lied (he had a copy of the report too; as did the hospital that performed the test).
Did they ever make it clear that they were siblings? Did I miss something un-translated by kbfd for example? She did call her mother when she left after informing her of the negative test results. I wish the ending had a little more clarity as to who ended up w/ who...

but I'm glad it had less clarity then WHIBali ;P

There are of course varying levels of prejudice and moral acceptability... one could easily put homosexuality and incest on different levels of acceptability... if one chose (IMHO).
Did she remind anyone else of Tautou in the movie Amelie?

athida

Post by athida » Oct 11th, '05, 22:34

Ireland... Great drama. Good choice of the KSOM. :-)

Gia3000

Post by Gia3000 » Oct 13th, '05, 11:30

Wwaldo37 wrote: Did she remind anyone else of Tautou in the movie Amelie?
YES! I've been thinking this very same thing. It's only because of the haristyle though.

hauwulli

Post by hauwulli » Oct 16th, '05, 02:56

I'm glad this won :) It was a nice drama, good choice.

I'd like to nominate Last Dance is w/ me, but sadly, it's lacking in members who wants to help seed. oh well, maybe in the near future :)

dreni

Post by dreni » Oct 16th, '05, 04:39

Jannah wrote:
dreni wrote:they never found out if they are or they aren't i believe

Hey can you tell me which episode that was?
Thanks!

tem

Post by tem » Oct 29th, '05, 16:32

Is anyone else having trouble with their subtitle timing? Mine seem to show up eons before the characters even say anything, and it makes me lost at times. I'm not sure if it's supposed to be like that or not, but any input would be appreciated. :)

himenajima

Post by himenajima » Oct 31st, '05, 09:52

ok so im up to eps 5
does anyone else find it odd that shes now a doctor. within a week? just wondering if maybe i missed something.
:alcoholic: