Tokyo Wankei - yukio, gryzze, shikirocks
25%

Total votes: 319

jholic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

JSoTW (09/18/05) - Itsumo Futari De / Tokyo Wankei

Post by jholic » Sep 4th, '05, 21:42

please note: thetenken seems to be on a summer vacation right now. i will try to take over in his absence. (i'll probably be liable to his expressions of displeasure. :lol )

much thanks to everyone for seeding the current JSoTMonth (TRICK SEASONS 1, 2 & 3).

without further ado, i'll use thetenken's wording........

PLEASE READ THIS ENTIRE POST. IF YOU DO NOT, YOU MAY BE LIABLE TO THETENKEN'S EXPRESSIONS OF DISPLEASURE.

Taking nominations for the next series of the week. Let me know what you want to add to the poll and I'll add it. From this point forward only series that have a volunteer seeder will be put up into the poll. People can nominate whatever they want, but the series won't become a poll option until there is a volunteer seeder...

PLEASE NOMINATE AND VOTE ONLY FOR THE DRAMAS OFF THE COMPLETED DRAMAS LIST:
http://www.d-addicts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3500
(06/14/2004: As of this date, the Series of the Week is now officially only Japanese dramas with English subtitles.)

Last time's runner-ups:

Beautiful Life - http://jdorama.com/drama.36.htm
Denchi Ga Kireru Made - http://jdorama.com/drama.847.htm
Tokyo Wankei - http://jdorama.com/drama.822.htm

Others:
Itsumo Futari De - http://jdorama.com/drama.596.htm

Previous Japanese Series of the Week:
Oyaji, Otousan, Attic Cat, Koi ga Shitai x3 (Where is Love?), Strawberry on the Shortcake (S.O.S.), Cheap Love, Big Wing, Hotman, Sutaa no Koi, From the Heart, Love Generation, A Sleeping Forest, Story of One Century, Friends, Younger Men, Merry Christmas in Summer, Shota no Sushi, Koibumi/Love Letter, Waterboys, Aoi Tori (Bluebird), Meguri Ai, Konna Koi no Hanashi, One Million Stars Falling From the Sky, News no Onna, Mukodono/My Husband, Food Fight, Heaven's Coins/Hoshi no Kinka, Forbidden Love, My Little Chef, With Love, Shopping Hero, Stand Up!!, 101st Marriage Proposal, Seija no Koushin, Maria/Mariya, Asunaro Hakusho, Summer Snow, Pretty Girls, Trick 1/2/3 (JSoTM)

What is a series of the week? More Info Here
Since there are now a substantial number of torrents on this site, we have implemented a "Series of the Week," where we could dedicate most of the bandwidth to a particular series during that week. This helps in a couple of ways:

1. People will know what series are available and have seeds, rather than just waiting and hoping for them to be seeded at some later date.

2. For those seeders who have DVD burners and have already burnt their collections to DVD/CD, then with the series of the week they know which series can be pulled off of DVD to help seed, minimizing troublesome multiple DVD loading.

3. Constantly re-circulates older torrents back into view, and focuses bandwidth and demand toward those specific torrents, rather than having people request series across the board.

Remember, D-Addicts was started for the community, and being a part of the community means sharing. If you don't share, then everyone loses (refer to JEM's dropping of Cdramas), and a good thing open to all may become a private party.

I take no responsibility for deleting poll entries if there are no seeds. No complaints, as this is a community effort. If the community doesn't want to share, then oh well...
Last edited by jholic on Sep 20th, '05, 10:06, edited 3 times in total.

Mythrel

Post by Mythrel » Sep 4th, '05, 22:45

wow I better hurry and get all of trick soon. Wow hard choices. I wanna see the one based off life but there is one that has yukie-san in it... damnit tough choices.

Lowest

Post by Lowest » Sep 5th, '05, 03:40

wow Denchi ga kireru made has Yagira Yuuya in it (won best actor at Cannes), never noticed that before

So I'll go with that :)

(now I must also hurry and get trick :P)

simmic

Re: Japanese Series of The Week Poll - (Ends: 09/18/05)

Post by simmic » Sep 5th, '05, 12:59

Im voting for tokyo wankei!

By the way, Can i please nominate Gokusen for series of the week? Would really like to watch it ^^

unimaginative

Post by unimaginative » Sep 5th, '05, 20:25

voting itsumo futari de hope it wins

p.s. simmic Gokusen S1 currently is being seeded by ppl at least the sars version is

TIticamara

Post by TIticamara » Sep 5th, '05, 21:34

Matsu takako for teh win.

Jeshika-Chan

Post by Jeshika-Chan » Sep 5th, '05, 22:41

One of my dreams is being a writer... So... Reading the storyline of Itsumo Futari De... I had to vote for that drama =D

puremix1

Post by puremix1 » Sep 5th, '05, 23:12

i dont get how to vote, i must not be cool enough

Felguard

Post by Felguard » Sep 5th, '05, 23:20

wheres this choice?

Other : Densha Otoko

miriya52

Post by miriya52 » Sep 6th, '05, 00:07

Itsumo Futari de.

M65

Post by M65 » Sep 6th, '05, 02:38

Even though Tokyo Wankei has Yukie, Itsumo futari de seems to be a lot better.. and has a good cast too... So I'll go with Itsumo futari de.
Last edited by M65 on Sep 6th, '05, 02:47, edited 1 time in total.

Kakashi-sensei

Vote

Post by Kakashi-sensei » Sep 6th, '05, 02:41

Tokyo Wankei all the way!
Yay Yukie!! :wub:

fobster #1

Post by fobster #1 » Sep 6th, '05, 08:13

SOrry, I'm new to J series of the week and I was wondering if a past winner will ever be nominated again. I recently watched Pride and I want to watch anything with Kimura Takuya in it. I see that his other series have won before. Is this possible?

lilyella

Post by lilyella » Sep 6th, '05, 08:20

Itsumo Futari De

Kanpai

Post by Kanpai » Sep 6th, '05, 09:46

I don't have enough posts to vote yet, but if I could...
Itsumo futari de

jholic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by jholic » Sep 6th, '05, 10:00

Felgard: please read the Stickies in this section. 'densha' is not a completed series so it is not eligible.
fobster #1 wrote:I recently watched Pride and I want to watch anything with Kimura Takuya in it. I see that his other series have won before. Is this possible?
yes, past nominees are eligible, but i would need to see several members speak up for it. btw, pride (dvd-rip) is available and SEEDED by jtv as we speak:

http://japan-tv.afraid.org:6969/

i'm also hoping some volunteer seeders will speak up for 'itsumo futari de'. so far, i have no volunteer seeders. :pale:
Use THUMBS UP/DOWN buttons to KEEP or DELETE posts.
If you see SPAM or ABUSE, use the REPORT button.

Pikawoo
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Pikawoo » Sep 6th, '05, 13:16

Is it posible to do more than one?

Maybe two or thre and rotate?

gryzze
Administrator
Administrator

Post by gryzze » Sep 6th, '05, 13:31

Pikawoo wrote:Is it posible to do more than one?

Maybe two or thre and rotate?
Isn't that what we're doing now (one per week)? :blink

Having more than one at the same time would only scatter/confuse the peers and wouldn't be very effective...

fobster #1

Post by fobster #1 » Sep 6th, '05, 17:40

jholic wrote:Felgard: please read the Stickies in this section. 'densha' is not a completed series so it is not eligible.
fobster #1 wrote:I recently watched Pride and I want to watch anything with Kimura Takuya in it. I see that his other series have won before. Is this possible?
yes, past nominees are eligible, but i would need to see several members speak up for it. btw, pride (dvd-rip) is available and SEEDED by jtv as we speak:

http://japan-tv.afraid.org:6969/

i'm also hoping some volunteer seeders will speak up for 'itsumo futari de'. so far, i have no volunteer seeders. :pale:
In that case...I voted for Beautiful Life! :w00t:

sofee

Post by sofee » Sep 6th, '05, 18:25

Itsumo Futari de sounds interesting.

BTW, I would like to nominate Concerto as a candidate for the next JSOTW. I would like to dl and watch the series but it is not seeded now. KimuTaku fans, second my nomination!.

toptoro

Post by toptoro » Sep 6th, '05, 19:00

Vote for Tokyo Wankei :wub:

Hansol

Post by Hansol » Sep 6th, '05, 22:13

Itsumo Futari De. No doubt! Tokyo Wankei isn't very good.

M65

Post by M65 » Sep 6th, '05, 22:43

Hansol wrote:Itsumo Futari De. No doubt! Tokyo Wankei isn't very good.
Most people only seem to be voting for Tokyo Wankei just because Yukie is in it..
sofee wrote:BTW, I would like to nominate Concerto as a candidate for the next JSOTW. I would like to dl and watch the series but it is not seeded now. KimuTaku fans, second my nomination!.
Yeah Concerto/Kyousoukyoku would be a good JSoTW.

Tommy83

Post by Tommy83 » Sep 6th, '05, 23:17

M65 wrote:Most people only seem to be voting for Tokyo Wankei just because Yukie is in it..

Tokyo wankei is good but the storyline follow more towards typical korea love story rather than japan love story. If you don't like korea love story , you are not going to love this one.

Cikamia

Post by Cikamia » Sep 6th, '05, 23:40

I'm voting for Denchi ga kireru made.
I think I need to take a break from Nakama yukie for a while after watching the 3 tricks series..:)

pvzho-daddicts

Post by pvzho-daddicts » Sep 7th, '05, 06:08

Tokyo Wankei seems intersting to me, I'm gonna vote for that.

Hansol

Post by Hansol » Sep 7th, '05, 19:41

M65, That's the thing. Yukie is great in Trick, and Trick is a good Drama. Tokyo Wankei is crap,with or without Yukie.

mikomi

Post by mikomi » Sep 8th, '05, 00:36

Voted for Itsumo Futari De, I love the beginning of the drama, it is sooo sweet.

Tokyo Wankei is not that good a series imo. Watched the first episode and it already bored the heck out of me.
Watching: JIN, Ohitorisama, Liar Game 2

Tommy83

Post by Tommy83 » Sep 8th, '05, 00:45

mikomi wrote:Voted for Itsumo Futari De, I love the beginning of the drama, it is sooo sweet.

Tokyo Wankei is not that good a series imo. Watched the first episode and it already bored the heck out of me.
So, you expect all the drama to have an exciting opening. :lol

Sana

Post by Sana » Sep 8th, '05, 00:55

Itsumo Futari De is good. I like how in the beginning they crush that girls dreams. :P

dochira

Post by dochira » Sep 8th, '05, 01:09

jholic wrote: i'm also hoping some volunteer seeders will speak up for 'itsumo futari de'. so far, i have no volunteer seeders. :pale:
Let me look through my disc archives. I'm sure I have already downloaded this series. If I remember correctly, ep9 was missing from Jem's captures, but there was a replacement. Correct? I'll let you know. :-)

Edit: I do have the episodes. You can put me down as a seeder.

carol^-^

Post by carol^-^ » Sep 8th, '05, 10:41

I vote for Denchi ga kireru made.
Korekara mo yoroshiku!

PistonHonda

Post by PistonHonda » Sep 8th, '05, 21:30

I voted for Itsumo futari de. Saw Tokyo Wankei, it was too boring at the beginning and the ending was a bit weak. :|

ladyroake

mother-daughter

Post by ladyroake » Sep 8th, '05, 21:35

Itsumo Futari De, I downloaded Tokyo Wankei but the storyline was a bit weak and I just couldn't finish it... Korea's The Classic has the same theme but I liked it much better.

shikirocks

Post by shikirocks » Sep 9th, '05, 04:15

I'll seed Itsumo Futari De. My speeds aren't that great now, hopefully there'll be more people seeding.

JadedAngel

Post by JadedAngel » Sep 9th, '05, 04:25

I say "Beautiful Life"! But then, I've been voting for that one for a long time now. :lol

DesOk

Post by DesOk » Sep 10th, '05, 02:41

Itsumo Futari De
This is my vote. Sounds the least depressing of the lot.

DesOk

Post by DesOk » Sep 10th, '05, 02:48

How do you vote anyway? I noticed that most people state Itsumo Futari De but the vote monitor states that another show has the highest votes. Can anyone show me where to vote? Thanks. Like I previously stated, I want to see Itsumo Futari De because I'm tired of tragedies.

jholic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by jholic » Sep 10th, '05, 05:08

dochira & shikirocks: thanks for answering my call. i appreciate it.

DesOk: people can voice their opinions in this thread, but basically, we go by the final numbers on the top.

M65

Post by M65 » Sep 11th, '05, 01:50

Itsumo Futari De is getting close to Tokyo Wankei :w00t:

GundamDX

Post by GundamDX » Sep 11th, '05, 21:07

very close indeed! I voted for Itsumo Futari de.

what happens if it is a tie?

Nyanko

Post by Nyanko » Sep 12th, '05, 00:35

I want to vote for Itsumo Futari De too. Could anyone tell me how to vote? Is it closed already?

gauchet

vote

Post by gauchet » Sep 12th, '05, 01:46

hello! I don't know if I'm where the vote for the jdrama of the week takes place?? anyway I cheer for itsumo futari de!! go go go! see you minasan!

ayahirayama

Post by ayahirayama » Sep 12th, '05, 01:48

Itsumo Futari De has Aya Hirayama in it, so my vote goes to Itsumo Futari De, i hope it wins, it's really a great series, but i think that they should have changed things a little with some of the characters, its sad to me how it ended, i was sad that things didnt work out the way i wanted, but to others they might like how it ended a lot.

ayahirayama

Post by ayahirayama » Sep 12th, '05, 01:53

Nyanko wrote:I want to vote for Itsumo Futari De too. Could anyone tell me how to vote? Is it closed already?
Oh, this happened to me too, to vote you need to have at lease 10 posts, so go post, its best to thank the people who uploaded shows you like or subbed them for you, and by the time you have 10 posts you can vote.

And i think i can seed Itsumo Futari De too, except my computer restarts itself a lot so i dont know how it's going to be, but i'll try

dochira

Post by dochira » Sep 12th, '05, 01:59

jholic wrote:dochira & shikirocks: thanks for answering my call. i appreciate it.
Since voting doesn't end until 9/18, I won't be able to start seeding until Wed...you know why. :-)

kljs

Post by kljs » Sep 12th, '05, 04:44

omg, it's almost a tie now!!! come on people, vote for Itsumo Futari De!!!!!

GundamDX

Post by GundamDX » Sep 12th, '05, 05:07

If it stays like that, which series wins?

jholic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by jholic » Sep 12th, '05, 09:37

a tie?!?? :crazy:

i don't even want to think about it. did thetenken ever have to deal with stress like this?? :lol

kljs

Post by kljs » Sep 12th, '05, 11:52

well, now it's not a tie, but what if it is a tie on the 18th? seed both of them?

shikirocks

Post by shikirocks » Sep 12th, '05, 14:45

Tokyo Wankei --> Very good story and well acted and Nakama Yukie looks absolutely beautifull, the complete opposite from Trick and Gokusen. however the series gets to be too much like a cheap soap opera at times.

Itsumo Futari De --> Light Hearted Comedy, and if you're a fan of Matsu Takako, you'll like this, however the story drags on a bit.

kljs

Post by kljs » Sep 13th, '05, 02:37

yes!!!.....Itsumo Futari De is breaking away!!! I hope it wins!

SusieQ

Post by SusieQ » Sep 13th, '05, 07:46

Tokyo Wankei! TOKYO WANKEI It's only 2 votes behind right now. OOOOoooooOOOOoooo... It's so close! :blink

More Nakama Yukie! ! :D

kljs

Post by kljs » Sep 13th, '05, 08:28

OMG.....Tokyo Wankei race back up to cut Itsumo's lead by 1!!! This is probably going to be a close race!

doctorwho

Post by doctorwho » Sep 13th, '05, 09:28

me vote!

belle83

Post by belle83 » Sep 13th, '05, 12:02

i dun mind which dorama wins... coz i have watch both :lol ... i'll be greatful to be able to watch either one of it..

actually wanna request... can we please add 'Sleeping Forest' in da poll for da next series. i really wanna watch... u cant get da english sub except here. n there're actually many people trying to d/l currently n we are stuck for long time since there's no seeder :-( .... i know this series was once dorama of da week. but would really appreciate if this can be seed again... coz there're many kimutaku's fan hvnt watch dis dorama... hehhe sorry for da long post. thanx a million!!!

p/s: concerto would be fine too... thanx!!

Dweji Kharbi

And the winner is...

Post by Dweji Kharbi » Sep 13th, '05, 19:31

Itsumo Futari de

.........please.

:D

-dk

shinji_kun

Post by shinji_kun » Sep 13th, '05, 23:23

now both Itsumo Futari De and Tokyo Wankei are same after i voted for Itsumo Futari De!!!
pls vote more for Itsumo Futari De!!! :-)

witica

Post by witica » Sep 14th, '05, 00:37

wow, tight race. maybe i'll wait until the last day of voting to make it a tie. lol.

Tommy83

Post by Tommy83 » Sep 14th, '05, 02:16

I hope Itsumo Futari De win since I already watch tokyo wankei ! :D

cityhunter

Tokyo Wankei

Post by cityhunter » Sep 14th, '05, 03:08

Tokyo Wankei - yukio please

M65

Post by M65 » Sep 14th, '05, 03:14

belle83 wrote: actually wanna request... can we please add 'Sleeping Forest' in da poll for da next series. i really wanna watch... u cant get da english sub except here. n there're actually many people trying to d/l currently n we are stuck for long time since there's no seeder :-( .... i know this series was once dorama of da week. but would really appreciate if this can be seed again... coz there're many kimutaku's fan hvnt watch dis dorama... hehhe sorry for da long post. thanx a million!!!
Yeah I've been trying to dl this drama too, and I could only finish 2 eps after 3-4 months now :/

kljs

Post by kljs » Sep 14th, '05, 03:56

wow, the race is really close......Itsumo leading by only 1 vote.

sofee

Post by sofee » Sep 14th, '05, 04:56

I haven't voted. Apart from Beautiful Life which I have dl & watched, I don't feel like dl the others. Can I nominate Sleeping Forest and Concerto for next week/month? Both are poorly seeded. For the former, it is so poorly seeded that I don't bother trying to dl. (Maybe should batch the series as well). For the latter, thanks to batch, I managed to dl up to 40% early this month before the lone seeder disappeared or went to sleep.

piggywiggy

Post by piggywiggy » Sep 14th, '05, 10:15

wondering if i can vote both :P
hehehe.... oh well, my pick is for Tokyo Wankeiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

kljs

Post by kljs » Sep 14th, '05, 13:17

and now it is a draw!!!
come on people...vote for Itsumo!!!

gunjourui
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by gunjourui » Sep 14th, '05, 19:58

wow it's a really close race this week!! I voted for Itsumo Futari De coz Ken-chan is too HOT to miss any series he's in :wub:
guys, vote for Itsumo Futari De!!! :pray:
oh and nominating Utsukushii hito for next week's poll
Image Image
supporting Kanju

auroragb

Post by auroragb » Sep 14th, '05, 20:21

Wow! It's so close! I hope Itsumo futari de wins!!

smartasien

Post by smartasien » Sep 14th, '05, 21:31

Tokyo Wankei!! Yukie all the way!!! WOOO

fobster #1

Post by fobster #1 » Sep 14th, '05, 21:56

M65 wrote:
belle83 wrote: actually wanna request... can we please add 'Sleeping Forest' in da poll for da next series. i really wanna watch... u cant get da english sub except here. n there're actually many people trying to d/l currently n we are stuck for long time since there's no seeder :-( .... i know this series was once dorama of da week. but would really appreciate if this can be seed again... coz there're many kimutaku's fan hvnt watch dis dorama... hehhe sorry for da long post. thanx a million!!!
Yeah I've been trying to dl this drama too, and I could only finish 2 eps after 3-4 months now :/
I want to watch this too!!! I wanna nominate SLeeping Forest, it was once a series of the week, I hope it will be again! I gave up dling it, I guess I'll just be patient til then.

cytodex

Post by cytodex » Sep 14th, '05, 22:15

Itsumo Futari de, please

kljs

Post by kljs » Sep 15th, '05, 09:38

this looks like heading for a draw....

dochira

Post by dochira » Sep 15th, '05, 20:34

jholic wrote:a tie?!?? :crazy:

i don't even want to think about it. did thetenken ever have to deal with stress like this?? :lol
In the event of a tie, would there be a Japanese Series of the Two Week (JSOTTW)? One week would be Tokyo Wankei, and the other would be Itsumo? :unsure:

ajewell

Post by ajewell » Sep 15th, '05, 22:50

I voted for Itsumo Futari de. Tokyo Wankei sounds interesting, but the reviews were pretty negative...

nicpkh

Post by nicpkh » Sep 16th, '05, 01:44

Well I new to D-Addict and i dunno how to vote... well iI vote for Matsu Takako in Itsumo Futari De :D ... Is there any change Mukodono(My Husband) can be a JSoTW?????