Page 1 of 2

Japanese Series of the Week 05/30/05 - Seija no Koushin

Posted: May 16th, '05, 05:19
by thetenken
PLEASE READ THIS ENTIRE POST. IF YOU DO NOT, YOU MAY BE LIABLE TO MY EXPRESSIONS OF DISPLEASURE.

06/14/2004: As of this date, the Series of the Week is now officially Japanese series only.

Taking nominations for the next series of the week. Let me know what you want to add to the poll and I'll add it. From this point forward only series that have a volunteer seeder will be put up into the poll. People can nominate whatever they want, but the series won't become a poll option until there is a volunteer seeder...

PLEASE NOMINATE AND VOTE ONLY FOR THE DRAMAS OFF THE COMPLETED DRAMAS LIST:
http://www.d-addicts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3500

Last time's runner-ups:

101st Marriage Proposal - http://jdorama.com/drama.2.htm
Seija no Koushin - http://jdorama.com/drama.357.htm
Maria - http://jdorama.com/drama.573.htm
denchi ga kireru made - http://jdorama.com/drama.847.htm

Others:

Previous Series of the Week:

Oyaji
Otousan
Attic Cat
Koi ga Shitai x3 (Where is Love?)
Strawberry on the Shortcake (S.O.S.)
Cheap Love
Big Wing
Hotman
Sutaa no Koi
From the Heart
Love Generation
A Sleeping Forest
Story of One Century
Friends
Younger Men
Merry Christmas in Summer
Shota no Sushi
Koibumi
Waterboys
Aoi Tori
Meguri Ai
Konna Koi no Hanashi
One Million Stars Falling From the Sky
News no Onna
Mukodono/My Husband
Food Fight
Heaven's Coins/Hoshi no Kinka
Forbidden Love
My Little Chef
With Love
Shopping Hero
Stand Up!!
101st Marriage Proposal

What is a series of the week?
Since there are now a substantial number of torrents on this site, we have implemented a "Series of the Week," where we could dedicate most of the bandwidth to a particular series during that week. This helps in a couple of ways:

1. People will know what series are available and have seeds, rather than just waiting and hoping for them to be seeded at some later date.

2. For those seeders who have DVD burners and have already burnt their collections to DVD/CD, then with the series of the week they know which series can be pulled off of DVD to help seed, minimizing troublesome multiple DVD loading.

3. Constantly re-circulates older torrents back into view, and focuses bandwidth and demand toward those specific torrents, rather than having people request series across the board.

Remember, D-Addicts was started for the community, and being a part of the community means sharing. If you don't share, then everyone loses (refer to JEM's dropping of Cdramas), and a good thing open to all may become a private party.

I take no responsibility for deleting poll entries if there are no seeds. No complaints, as this is a community effort. If the community doesn't want to share, then oh well...
_________________
"Is it possible that I have survived somehow until today? What you say seems but a dream dreamed within a dreamer's dream." - Norimori, Tale of the Heike

Posted: May 16th, '05, 13:18
by Datcyde
Summer snow is so kool, but I seen jtvs version so how about "denchi ga kireru made" everyone.

Posted: May 16th, '05, 13:19
by Yashiro
Summer snow !! :D

Posted: May 16th, '05, 13:22
by anneyuu
Mariya really seems to be my cup of tea... :P

Posted: May 16th, '05, 14:02
by TIticamara
Oyaji please. :O

Posted: May 16th, '05, 14:14
by Sangwoo-oppa
SEIJA please because there are so few seeders plus who can resist Ryoko Hirosue, ne? I've already seen SUMMER SNOW and I fell in love with Ryoko-chan so I can't wait to see SEIJA this time (hopefully!) :w00t: :mrgreen: Go SEIJA go!!!!

Posted: May 16th, '05, 14:15
by Sangwoo-oppa
to Titcamera,
OYAJI still has seeders, especially for the full batch torrents. I just downloaded a month ago or so and there are still seeders so you can still watch it, ne? :D

Posted: May 16th, '05, 14:28
by Ramsan
Summer Snow is available by jtv, so Seija no Koushin got my vote. denchi ga kireru made sounds interesting, maybe at the next time.

Posted: May 16th, '05, 14:48
by Kumagorou
Seija no Koushin :lol

Posted: May 16th, '05, 15:30
by Gaia
Maria sounds like it could be a nice story...

Posted: May 16th, '05, 17:38
by yo-chan
fuuu~
summer snow *O*

Posted: May 16th, '05, 18:58
by aoi_hana
I'd like to nominate Beach Boys. No seeds, complete and it looks good. Can anyone seed it?

Posted: May 16th, '05, 20:43
by atsai
Denchi ga Kireru made!
I've been stuck on episode 4 since February. -_______-"
88%. ><"

Posted: May 16th, '05, 21:42
by gunjourui
just like last week I'm voting for Seija no Koushin

Posted: May 17th, '05, 01:14
by shikirocks
voting for Seija no Koushin, haven't seen it yet, i heard from friends that Ryoko Hirosue :wub: acted very well in this.

Posted: May 17th, '05, 03:55
by white.raine
I'd like to nominate Last Christmas. I don't know why it hasn't been up before. Oh, but I vote for Summer Snow. It's just too good. :wub:

Posted: May 17th, '05, 04:09
by snell
Nominating Trick series! :-) I wanna watch this but sadly no seeds... :-(

Posted: May 17th, '05, 04:34
by :bunny:
im voting for Seija no Koushin this week :wub:

Posted: May 17th, '05, 05:53
by doramaoni
how do I vote? I don't see any buttons.

Posted: May 17th, '05, 10:05
by gunjourui
doramaoni wrote:how do I vote? I don't see any buttons.
you need to have 10 posts :-)

Posted: May 17th, '05, 10:08
by mallorn
Summer Snow..... :wub:

Posted: May 17th, '05, 10:40
by Shymsal
My vote's for Summer Snow. Thanks!

Posted: May 17th, '05, 11:15
by donna8157
I've become a real dorama hoarder, I already have all the doramas listed in most series of the months now. =x Anyway, I voted for "Seija no Koushin" because although dark and depressing, it is one of the most meaningful and touching JDoramas that I have seen yet. I highly recommend watching it. It's become one of my favorites because of the memorable characters.

Posted: May 17th, '05, 13:56
by nickctn
I'd vote for Seija no Koushin if I were actually allowed to vote...
still need to get my post count up...

Posted: May 17th, '05, 16:45
by p321
vote for Seija no Koushin

Posted: May 18th, '05, 00:37
by Néa Vanille
How about The Ring over at Jem's? Always out of seeds..

Anyways, voted for Seija no Koushin as well.

Posted: May 18th, '05, 05:58
by hiyoko
vote for summer snow ONLY

Posted: May 18th, '05, 07:30
by pookpik
i'd like to see summer snow.it's a good drama.

nominating .... ICE WORLD!

Posted: May 18th, '05, 13:57
by DKaneko
haha is me again... once again i'll nominate ice world.. i really hope somebody can really seed it..

i'll continue voting for summer snow though *smile*

Posted: May 18th, '05, 16:01
by okumasama
Thanks yuki83 for offering to seed Seija and Maria but if they are picked up I'll post new better quality (and 700MB) encodes and delete the old torrents anyway; so no need seeding the old ones. But you can help seeding after finish of course :-)

EDIT : Finally my estimation was not that good and I don't have the time to re-encode the whole series. So I guess I will just seed the old episodes; I hope other people will help too.

Posted: May 18th, '05, 19:41
by eiman
I would like to nominate:

A Sleeping Forest
A Million Stars Falling from the Sky

I've read that these are great and TAKUYA KIMURA is superb as always.

Posted: May 18th, '05, 19:51
by shikirocks
Both have been on the SOTW before. So they can't be on again, or am I wrong?

Posted: May 18th, '05, 19:53
by gunjourui
is it possible to nominate a dorama that has already been SotW?

Posted: May 18th, '05, 20:04
by lilswtangel
Maria please~ :-)

Posted: May 18th, '05, 20:23
by Carn
shikirocks wrote:Both have been on the SOTW before. So they can't be on again, or am I wrong?
It's probably that even if you could nominate them, fewer people would vote for them because those people probably saw them the first time around and want to see other series..

Posted: May 19th, '05, 01:33
by mikomi
I voted for "denchi ga kireru made" because I've heard many good comments about the drama, plus it should be a very emotional and meaningful drama about the value of life. Of course, I won't mind if it doesn't win this time, since I love all the dramas that were nominated so far :D .

Posted: May 19th, '05, 11:13
by hiyoko
please vote for SUMMER SNOW.
waiting for a long time.

Posted: May 19th, '05, 11:35
by pookpik
can i nominate"Remote"?.i love "Koichi & Kyoko".

Posted: May 19th, '05, 14:22
by keaixia0jie
Vote for Summer Snow :roll !!! :P

Posted: May 20th, '05, 12:44
by tyn
Voted for Summer Snow! Cause there MUST be a reason why that serie is listed No.2 in the top 50 at jdorama right???
Keep my fingers crossed. :D

Posted: May 20th, '05, 19:50
by Bakaneko_San
Oh, wow Summer Snow is my fav series, too bad I've alread watched it four times, but if you haven't, vote for it, it rocks^_^

I'll vote for Seija no Koushin because Hirosue Ryoko is in it too, she is my fav actress^_^
Love her in Summer Snow and I know I'll love her in SnK too!

Posted: May 21st, '05, 05:58
by C_U
summer snow

Seija no Koushin

Posted: May 21st, '05, 12:41
by scryed143
I vote for Seija no Koushin

Posted: May 22nd, '05, 02:27
by Sangwoo-oppa
OH WOW :w00t: :mrgreen: SEIJA is in the lead at the moment. WOOHOO, please keep on voting for SEIJA, minna-san! I've heard such awesome things about this series and plus, the cutie Ryoko Hirosue-chan is in here!! All the more reason to vote for SEIJA! I've already seen SUMMER SNOW, too and it's a great series, but haven't seen SEIJA yet. Please vote for SEIJA!! :lol

Posted: May 22nd, '05, 08:16
by theGreat0ne
summmer snow



i can seed it tooo



=]
it was my first asian drama series.... soooo goood

Posted: May 22nd, '05, 22:41
by Néa Vanille
Doesn't Summer Snow have Tsubasa Imai...? Now, THAT's a good reason to vote for it. :D

Posted: May 23rd, '05, 05:06
by xKiMix
Please vote for Summer Snow!!!! :w00t: :w00t:

Posted: May 23rd, '05, 10:50
by andycjw
i really hope seija no koushin will win, always wanted to see that drama.

Posted: May 23rd, '05, 22:11
by amiracle
Well because of the many positive comments & nice review/sysop on jdorama, my interest has gone to Summer Snow :).

Option number 2 looks very nice aswell, but I'd like to see Summer snow first.


Just a small side note: I want to say hi to everybody here! It's my first post after finding out this great site and watching/downloading some stuff. I'm hoping on watching more of this jdorama (and the other ones aswell) since I'm really enjoying them (former anime watcher, yet again ;)).

I'll be voting as soon as I hit the 10+ mark!

Posted: May 23rd, '05, 22:16
by ShaolinMunky
Nominating Koi ga Shitai x3 (Where is Love?) for the next series of the week :pray:

Kimi no tame ni dekiru koto & Asunaro Hakusho

Posted: May 24th, '05, 14:35
by steven1973sg
I'd like to nominate "Kimi no tame ni dekiru koto" and "Asunaro Hakusho". Can someone please seed the English-subtitled versions? Thanks.

Kimi no tame ni dekiru koto & Asunaro Hakusho

Posted: May 24th, '05, 14:36
by steven1973sg
I'd like to nominate Kimi no tame ni dekiru koto and Asunaro Hakusho. Can someone please seed the English-subtitled versions? Thanks.

Posted: May 24th, '05, 14:46
by mikomi
ShaolinMunky wrote:Nominating Koi ga Shitai x3 (Where is Love?) for the next series of the week :pray:
:lol :w00t: Yes, I second that.

I saw you nominating this specific dorama time after time and that caught my attention. So I went and downloaded the first episode (it took me a week to get it >.<) and after watching it, I must say, it was great!! I want to nominate it too for SOTW :w00t: . Miho was so cute in the drama. So thanks to your persistence, I'm able to watch another good Jdrama.

Posted: May 24th, '05, 17:27
by Tao Libra
I'd like to nominate Trick -- all 3 seasons, if that's a fair suggestion; or just season 3 if it's not. ;-)

Posted: May 24th, '05, 18:15
by Bakaneko_San
amiracle wrote:

Just a small side note: I want to say hi to everybody here! It's my first post after finding out this great site and watching/downloading some stuff.
!
Welcome and all:) Hope you'll enjoy this place, I sure do:D

I see my series is still in the lead, nice! Lets increase our lead vith more votes on snk.

Posted: May 24th, '05, 18:23
by amiracle
My vote is on summer snow Right nor, so as soon as i can vote... :)

BTW thanks for your welcome note! i know i will have lots of fun!

Miracle
//u50

Posted: May 24th, '05, 23:36
by Poohbee
I Vote for Sailor Moon Live action :P

hehee.. okay.. maybe it's not that popular.. in that case.. umm what about.. Hero if it is available
http://www.jdorama.com/drama.461.htm

or Strawberry on the shortcake, koi ga shitai x3

Posted: May 25th, '05, 05:47
by ShaolinMunky
mikomi wrote:
ShaolinMunky wrote:Nominating Koi ga Shitai x3 (Where is Love?) for the next series of the week :pray:
:lol :w00t: Yes, I second that.

I saw you nominating this specific dorama time after time and that caught my attention. So I went and downloaded the first episode (it took me a week to get it >.<) and after watching it, I must say, it was great!! I want to nominate it too for SOTW :w00t: . Miho was so cute in the drama. So thanks to your persistence, I'm able to watch another good Jdrama.
yeah its a great series, I manage to catch all of the episodes on TV when it aired here

so I nominate the series over and over again in hopes that people will nominate it also, and yeah I know its been a series of the week before however it was so long ago and D-addicts has grown a lot since then and I believe that this series deserves to be recognized once more, plus the fact that they are dvd rips is a huge plus :-)

p.s.
so far there is three nominations including mine for this series :roll

Posted: May 25th, '05, 17:05
by insyte
I voted for Seija no Koushin because I really want to see how Hirosue Ryoko acts in this dorama.

She was also great and lovable in summer snow. :)

Posted: May 25th, '05, 18:22
by amiracle
I voted on summer snow :).

@insyte: nice avatar you have there :).

Posted: May 26th, '05, 01:19
by insyte
amiracle wrote:@insyte: nice avatar you have there :).
Like your avatar too hehe :)

Posted: May 26th, '05, 04:52
by moonsite
I guess I can't vote. I am new here too. I like to vote for the second one, since I've already seen Summer Snow. But if Summer Snow is picked, I'll help seed.

Posted: May 26th, '05, 05:35
by amiracle
You can vote as soon you have more then 10 posts. Just don't spam the board to get there....:)

Posted: May 26th, '05, 22:43
by johuth
summer snow is good i have seen it twice
I have dvdrips of it the jtv dvdrip all though it is a good series i have it

i have not heard anything about the other series that are up but summer snow is good when does the next week start anyway?

Posted: May 27th, '05, 13:49
by Sangwoo-oppa
YAY SEIJA is currently in the lead!!! :lol :mrgreen: :w00t: I'm sooo genki!!!!!!! As much as I adored SUMMER SNOW, I know that many people have already seen this dorama gem of a series. Plus, there are still many seeders over at JTV, ne? I'm rooting my heart out for SEIJA because

1) Ryoko Hirosue = too cute to miss
2) The storyline sounds refreshing and honest
3) The OST is super nice, too


GO SEIJA GO!! Minna-san, please vote for SEIJA if you haven't already!!!! Arigatou! :P :mrgreen:

nomination

Posted: May 27th, '05, 14:16
by masin
i dun quite know where should i nominate but i would love to see beach boys or hotman to be series of the week

Posted: May 27th, '05, 19:42
by Ca-Binh
Summer Snow please

Posted: May 27th, '05, 20:40
by amiracle
Sangwoo-oppa wrote:...Plus, there are still many seeders over at JTV, ne?
Sangwoo, I checked the jTV website, but only ep . 11 is shared by like 3 users. The rest is 'seed-less'. Are the stats wrong?

Posted: May 28th, '05, 23:29
by insyte
amiracle wrote:
Sangwoo-oppa wrote:...Plus, there are still many seeders over at JTV, ne?
Sangwoo, I checked the jTV website, but only ep . 11 is shared by like 3 users. The rest is 'seed-less'. Are the stats wrong?
check the completed torrent ep 1 - 11 :) Those has seeds :)

Woohoo Seija is winning :)

Posted: May 29th, '05, 08:36
by seiji214
nominate: Lunch Queen and Ikebukuro West Gate Park, two great series in desperate need of seeders!

Posted: May 29th, '05, 17:45
by Consumera
yea the snow thing looks good :)

Posted: May 29th, '05, 20:09
by amiracle
insyte wrote: check the completed torrent ep 1 - 11 :) Those has seeds :)

Woohoo Seija is winning :)
Thanks! I didn't notice it was the complete series :P. Ok my vote now is on Seija too, too bad I can't change my vote ;).

Posted: May 29th, '05, 21:52
by hauwulli
I want to watch Summer Snow..hopefully it could win...=/.

Posted: May 30th, '05, 01:53
by TNF
Come on people, Summer Snow isn't that far behind

Posted: May 30th, '05, 04:47
by aoi_hana
There are seeds on the batch at JTV for Summer Snow. http://japan-tv.afraid.org:6969/index.h ... rch=summer