My Little Chef - thetenken, Camui, gwendel, yuki83
20%

Total votes: 244

thetenken
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Japanese Series of the Week 03/07/05 - Forbidden Love

Post by thetenken » Feb 21st, '05, 14:52

PLEASE READ THIS ENTIRE POST. IF YOU DO NOT, YOU MAY BE LIABLE TO MY EXPRESSIONS OF DISPLEASURE.

06/14/2004: As of this date, the Series of the Week is now officially Japanese series only.

Taking nominations for the next series of the week. Let me know what you want to add to the poll and I'll add it. From this point forward only series that have a volunteer seeder will be put up into the poll. People can nominate whatever they want, but the series won't become a poll option until there is a volunteer seeder...

PLEASE NOMINATE AND VOTE ONLY FOR THE DRAMAS OFF THE COMPLETED DRAMAS LIST:
http://www.d-addicts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3500

Last time's runner-ups:

Shopping Hero - http://jdorama.com/drama.707.htm
Forbidden Love - http://www.jdorama.com/drama_250.htm
With Love - http://www.jdorama.com/drama_445.htm
My Little Chef - http://jdorama.com/drama.721.htm

Others:

Previous Series of the Week:

Oyaji
Otousan
Attic Cat
Koi ga Shitai x3 (Where is Love?)
Strawberry on the Shortcake (S.O.S.)
Cheap Love
Big Wing
Hotman
Sutaa no Koi
From the Heart
Love Generation
A Sleeping Forest
Story of One Century
Friends
Younger Men
Merry Christmas in Summer
Shota no Sushi
Koibumi
Waterboys
Aoi Tori
Meguri Ai
Konna Koi no Hanashi
One Million Stars Falling From the Sky
News no Onna
Mukodono/My Husband
Food Fight
Heaven's Coins/Hoshi no Kinka

What is a series of the week?
Since there are now a substantial number of torrents on this site, we have implemented a "Series of the Week," where we could dedicate most of the bandwidth to a particular series during that week. This helps in a couple of ways:

1. People will know what series are available and have seeds, rather than just waiting and hoping for them to be seeded at some later date.

2. For those seeders who have DVD burners and have already burnt their collections to DVD/CD, then with the series of the week they know which series can be pulled off of DVD to help seed, minimizing troublesome multiple DVD loading.

3. Constantly re-circulates older torrents back into view, and focuses bandwidth and demand toward those specific torrents, rather than having people request series across the board.

Remember, D-Addicts was started for the community, and being a part of the community means sharing. If you don't share, then everyone loses (refer to JEM's dropping of Cdramas), and a good thing open to all may become a private party.

I take no responsibility for deleting poll entries if there are no seeds. No complaints, as this is a community effort. If the community doesn't want to share, then oh well...
Last edited by thetenken on Mar 21st, '05, 14:43, edited 2 times in total.
"Is it possible that I have survived somehow until today? What you say seems but a dream dreamed within a dreamer's dream." - Norimori, Tale of the Heike

cococrust
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by cococrust » Feb 21st, '05, 15:41

I really hope My Little Chef can win this time (or soon). I have been waiting for it for the last few polls. Thanks.

JadedAngel

Post by JadedAngel » Feb 21st, '05, 16:26

Forbidden Love of course! Even though the few episodes I've seen and the theme song promises to have me crying my eyes out by the end, I can't wait to see the rest of this! .........But if it can't win I wouldn't mind seeing Little Chef either, being a fan of Abe Hiroshi since his days being in Trick. :D

kimchichan

Post by kimchichan » Feb 22nd, '05, 06:57

I voted Forbidden Love I really hope this can win. Thanks. :D

NatNat

Post by NatNat » Feb 22nd, '05, 07:28

vote for my little chef and I will VSS forbidden love, okie?

ShaolinMunky

Post by ShaolinMunky » Feb 22nd, '05, 14:51

nominating Koi ga Shitai x3 (Where is Love?) for the next series of the week.
How do you like THEM apples??? :)

alvy

Post by alvy » Feb 22nd, '05, 15:13

Let's go With Love! :cheers:
:cheers: "Imouto yo needs to be revived!" :cheers:

ysooe

Post by ysooe » Feb 22nd, '05, 17:00

FORBIDDEN LOVE!!!! DEFINITELY! :)

Yashiro

Post by Yashiro » Feb 22nd, '05, 18:22

Vote for My Little Chef !! :w000t:

Cammie

Post by Cammie » Feb 23rd, '05, 01:04

Forbidden Love!!! :wub:

innocentchica

Post by innocentchica » Feb 23rd, '05, 01:26

in the mood for MY LITTLE CHEF! :D

freak

Post by freak » Feb 23rd, '05, 02:23

forbidden love

Shymsal

Series of the week vote

Post by Shymsal » Feb 23rd, '05, 03:02

I'd like to see My Little Chef, please! :) Thanks!

eki

Post by eki » Feb 23rd, '05, 03:43

FORBIDDEN LOVE!!!!!!!!!!! i've been waiting to see Hideaki in it for soooo long ... i just can't take it anymore ... :lol Plz vote for forbidden love !
ShaolinMunky wrote:nominating Koi ga Shitai x3 (Where is Love?) for the next series of the week.
Can you nominate former series of the week? If yes, i also need the last three episodes of Koi Ga Shitai x 3. I can seed ... -_-; ... my upload speed sucks, but yea, still i can seed the first few episodes.

TIticamara

Post by TIticamara » Feb 23rd, '05, 04:58

cococrust wrote:I really hope My Little Chef can win this time (or soon). I have been waiting for it for the last few polls. Thanks.
Guess we will have to wait for next week again. :pale: :cry:

apples

Post by apples » Feb 23rd, '05, 05:19

hmmmmm.. dunno which one to pick... i'm torn between forbidden love and my little chef.. i'll observe for a little while before casting my vote.

oceansgurlie

Post by oceansgurlie » Feb 23rd, '05, 09:56

i really wanna see forbidden love! the storyline sounds so exciting! plus there have been a lot of people trying to download but no seeders so i'm sure that this would make a lot of people really happy! :D

lilswtangel
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by lilswtangel » Feb 23rd, '05, 11:00

i voted for with love~

i can help reseed Forbidden Love!!!
my blog[/size]

Bakaneko_San

Post by Bakaneko_San » Feb 23rd, '05, 12:01

Forbidden Love gets my vote!

My first post ^_^ But I'm no total newbie though, I have 50+ jdoramas in my collection:)

Gimme a nice welcome and you may get a new grim uploader^_^

Cheers!

SleepyBoi

Post by SleepyBoi » Feb 23rd, '05, 13:42

I'm sorry to be asking this...but how can you get a series you want in JSOTW ? ? ....there are alot of people that want to see PRIDE and i've checked the list of dramas that were already on JSOTW and PRIDE wasn't on it....can we get PRIDE in the mix pretty soon? please please...onegai shimasu :-)

BTW about the topic at hand i chose Forbidden Love...story sounds interesting and has Matsushima Nanako...can't go wrong with that :lol

Carn

Post by Carn » Feb 23rd, '05, 13:53

I'm hungry for some My Little Chef! :lol

Okay, that sounds weird. :blink

eerorikki

Post by eerorikki » Feb 23rd, '05, 17:09

NatNat wrote:vote for my little chef and I will VSS forbidden love, okie?
eh..why not? i throw my vote in for My Little Chef :D

zahiri

Post by zahiri » Feb 23rd, '05, 18:56

my little chef can catch up with forbidden love!!!! come minna root for my li'l chef. :dance:
COOLLAH POK!!

LittleGreenGrasshopper
Geinou
Geinou

Post by LittleGreenGrasshopper » Feb 23rd, '05, 19:24

SleepyBoi wrote:I'm sorry to be asking this...but how can you get a series you want in JSOTW ? ? ....there are alot of people that want to see PRIDE and i've checked the list of dramas that were already on JSOTW and PRIDE wasn't on it....can we get PRIDE in the mix pretty soon? please please...onegai shimasu :-)
I think the reason Pride is not on the list is because it is consistently one of those series that do get seeds. Everytime I look at the tracker stats for this series, there's usually a seed or two for most of the series. Even at this moment, there are seeds for all epsiodes except for episode 2. Then again, that's just my thinking.

Oh, I voted for My Little Chef, seeing that so many people seemed to ask for it in the Shoutbox. Good luck to the MLC fans.

Kai Lien
AiRen
AiRen

Post by Kai Lien » Feb 23rd, '05, 19:53

Welcome Bakaneko_San!! I will help all who wants my little chef and vote for that. Plus it sounds cute :lol

zahiri

Post by zahiri » Feb 23rd, '05, 20:02

True true, Kai Len rules :lol i'll help to no prob, a T1 connection is'nt much but it'll do . GOOO MY Lil Chef!!!! :cheers: WELCOME BAKA NEKO!! Yurushiku Ne.
COOLLAH POK!!

dmorgan

Post by dmorgan » Feb 24th, '05, 01:36

Forbidden Love gets the early lead! Can the little chef out prepare the competition? Stay tuned!! :D

I have already seeded several gig's worth of Heaven's Coins, but appreciate all of the great help! This week's series is moving along!!! 8) I can't take all of the credit. Thank you all for your help. Keep up the good work. :thumright:

odino

Post by odino » Feb 24th, '05, 01:39

Forbidden Love this time ;)

keisuke

Post by keisuke » Feb 24th, '05, 03:34

i'd like to nominate trick!!

Olga_2005

Post by Olga_2005 » Feb 24th, '05, 03:46

Forbidden Love !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-)
~ In the black gloom before my eyes, I saw a straight road leading from me to him. He seemed to glow with white light. That was the effect he had on me. ~

Devilslad

Post by Devilslad » Feb 24th, '05, 05:57

Well I dont seem to able to vote, but I would vote for forbidden love.

Devilslad

ina

Post by ina » Feb 24th, '05, 08:05

You need 10 post to be able to vote, which I have now and I will vote for Forbidden Love.

Superjoe19

Post by Superjoe19 » Feb 24th, '05, 09:27

go forbidden love w00t!
Go Avs Go!

Athos

Post by Athos » Feb 24th, '05, 11:03

I really want <b>Forbbiden love</b>

~Athos~

SleepyBoi

Post by SleepyBoi » Feb 24th, '05, 13:57

LittleGreenGrasshopper wrote:
I think the reason Pride is not on the list is because it is consistently one of those series that do get seeds. Everytime I look at the tracker stats for this series, there's usually a seed or two for most of the series. Even at this moment, there are seeds for all epsiodes except for episode 2. Then again, that's just my thinking.

Oh, I voted for My Little Chef, seeing that so many people seemed to ask for it in the Shoutbox. Good luck to the MLC fans.

Would you happen to have all the eps of PRIDE? and if so where can i get my hands on it i want to see that so bad and it'll complete my most wanted list for j-dramas...i was about to DL the eps on D-addicts but i read that the subs are really horrible...if anyone knows where to get good subs for Pride hit me up ...onegai shimasu :cry:

llljulll

Post by llljulll » Feb 24th, '05, 17:00

oh god! 10 posts...
:cry:

seems I am pretty new here, so maybe the next time I will be able to vote, anyways any will be fine for me, I didn't saw any of them...

but from the synopsis, I will go for my little chef, sounds interesting.

By the way, thanks a lot, I viewed Food Fight and I enjoyed it a lot :w00t:
but I want to see the next 2 extra episodes...

by the way, anyone knows if those 2 extra episodes are available in Tsutaya? (just in case in Tokyo?) , if so , maybe I will be able to rent them... :mrgreen: I will go there these weekend and try to find it.

NatNat

Post by NatNat » Feb 24th, '05, 17:12

MANNNNN

i told you guys i'd help seed forbidden love as a VSS

COME ON MY LITTLE CHEFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

zahiri

Post by zahiri » Feb 24th, '05, 18:06

just two more posts llljulll, just two more!! :dance: and then u can vote for my lil chef! GO MAN GO!! Looks like nanako has shift into over drive there, .. but akiko has some NOS of her own, I'm sure she'll use it at the next......HOLY GOD !!!!!nanako already burst her 5 lit tank..!! too early,, but in the lead none the less. WHAT WILL AKIKO DO NEXT!!! I'm sure she has something up her chef's uniform's sleeve......
COOLLAH POK!!

llljulll

Post by llljulll » Feb 24th, '05, 18:15

Hey sleepyboi!, its weird, I got pride just this week, from jems site I think :blink
still haven't seen it.

I will try to find the place, but now jem's site is down :cry:
You can try to look there later , but I cannot tell anything about the subs yet.
I was watching Hero today and subs are so so... still my japanese is not so good but I know the difference sometimes.

LittleGreenGrasshopper
Geinou
Geinou

Offtopic: Pride

Post by LittleGreenGrasshopper » Feb 24th, '05, 18:28

SleepyBoi wrote: Would you happen to have all the eps of PRIDE? and if so where can i get my hands on it i want to see that so bad and it'll complete my most wanted list for j-dramas...i was about to DL the eps on D-addicts but i read that the subs are really horrible...if anyone knows where to get good subs for Pride hit me up ...onegai shimasu :cry:
I do... and it's the one that can be found here on D-A :). The subs are what some would term "engrish", but the quality of the video is really good (A). The subs really aren't not that bad, seeing that I managed to finish watching the series with it, and understood about 90%+. It just gets a bit confusing when the his/her/him/you/he/she are incorrectly used. Mind you, I believe the subs were taken directly from the retail DVD. As for good subs, well, [fob] released their subbed-version of the series. So far, 6 episodes have been released, and the subtitles are much much nicer than the "engrish" one. You can find the [fob] episodes here.

xiangkc

Post by xiangkc » Feb 24th, '05, 19:23

Forbidden Love please ^_^

cleorosa

Post by cleorosa » Feb 24th, '05, 20:50

vote for my lil chef!!!

wakopin

Post by wakopin » Feb 25th, '05, 02:52

I'd really like to see Kamisama mou sukoshi dake (神様、もう少しだけ) God please give me more time / Precious time with Takeshi Kaneshiro and Kyoko Fukada but I guess no one has it.

I guess I'll vote for Shopping Hero, but they are playing in LA now. Maybe someone could get a fresh tv rip.

I saw Forbidden Love and it was nice, but I just didn't get into it, maybe if it wins, I'll watch again.

Thank you!!! All of you!!!

NatNat

Post by NatNat » Feb 25th, '05, 05:43

I REPEAT

VOTE "MY LITTLE CHEF"

AND I WILL VSS FORBIDDEN LOVE

odino

Post by odino » Feb 25th, '05, 07:46

NatNat wrote:I REPEAT

VOTE "MY LITTLE CHEF"

AND I WILL VSS FORBIDDEN LOVE
calm down, let them vote what they wish...

darji

Post by darji » Feb 25th, '05, 08:00

i would like to nominate Odoru Daisousasen :wub:
Because i lost this great Drama due to a Hardiskcrash :cry:

oceansgurlie

Post by oceansgurlie » Feb 25th, '05, 08:11

NatNat wrote:MANNNNN

i told you guys i'd help seed forbidden love as a VSS

COME ON MY LITTLE CHEFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
hmm, but there isn't a single other person that's seeding forbidden love so even if u vss it might not really help much since there r so many people who r trying to download to no avail.

anyhow, maybe if the series of the week really did rotate every single week then there could be more series put up and then everybody would see what they want eventually.

jholic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by jholic » Feb 25th, '05, 09:07

the jsotw is always such a close race.

i really wanted 'shopping hero', but if NatNat's willing to do a VSS, i can't go against that. i put my vote in for 'my little chef'.

folks: it's like i said in the ksotm, you can't beat a 2-for-1 deal. if you vote for MY LITTLE CHEF, you also get 'forbidden love'. sweet, right?

good luck to 'my little chef'.
Use THUMBS UP/DOWN buttons to KEEP or DELETE posts.
If you see SPAM or ABUSE, use the REPORT button.

SleepyBoi

Re: Offtopic: Pride

Post by SleepyBoi » Feb 25th, '05, 09:25

LittleGreenGrasshopper wrote:
I do... and it's the one that can be found here on D-A :). The subs are what some would term "engrish", but the quality of the video is really good (A). The subs really aren't not that bad, seeing that I managed to finish watching the series with it, and understood about 90%+. It just gets a bit confusing when the his/her/him/you/he/she are incorrectly used. Mind you, I believe the subs were taken directly from the retail DVD. As for good subs, well, [fob] released their subbed-version of the series. So far, 6 episodes have been released, and the subtitles are much much nicer than the "engrish" one. You can find the [fob] episodes here.
LOL i forgot to mention that i have at least 3 eps from FOB. Anyway does the D-addicts version of Pride have soft subs?if not, is there a way to request for that? or is it not possible because they are hard subs? and finally if i end up watching the d-addict version...is it even watchable despite all its problems..i really want to see it with good subs

Bakaneko_San

Post by Bakaneko_San » Feb 25th, '05, 11:00

:cry: 10 posts to be able to vote?? Man, that was not what we wanted :)

Well, I'll just have to wait till next week :)

Kai Lien and Zahiri get creds for courtesy!

ina

Post by ina » Feb 25th, '05, 14:36

And if My Little Chef doesn't win we won't get Forbidden Love either. Maybe it's too much of a risk for all the people who want Forbidden Love. :-)

A better deal would have been if Forbidden Love was seeded already then people wouldn't vote for it.

I have already voted for Forbidden Love because I tried to dl that for two weeks now and am stuck at around 98 % at two episodes and I want them soon to finish watching it. If I had them already I would have voted for something else.

But My Little Chef sounds interesting and I will certainly vote for it the next time around if it doesn't win this time.

RustyKnife

Post by RustyKnife » Feb 26th, '05, 06:15

go! go! My Little Chef. you can do it

can i nominate Fighting girl???

suginamimelody

Post by suginamimelody » Feb 26th, '05, 06:33

I voted for With Love!
I love the songs in this drama :-)

thetenken
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by thetenken » Feb 26th, '05, 07:08

wakopin wrote:I'd really like to see Kamisama mou sukoshi dake (神様、もう少しだけ) God please give me more time / Precious time with Takeshi Kaneshiro and Kyoko Fukada but I guess no one has it.

I guess I'll vote for Shopping Hero, but they are playing in LA now. Maybe someone could get a fresh tv rip.

I saw Forbidden Love and it was nice, but I just didn't get into it, maybe if it wins, I'll watch again.

Thank you!!! All of you!!!
Kamisama just finished...like yesterday. =)

Anyway, I'm pretty sure amrayu has indicated she is re-doing the earlier episodes...
"Is it possible that I have survived somehow until today? What you say seems but a dream dreamed within a dreamer's dream." - Norimori, Tale of the Heike

xKiMix
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by xKiMix » Feb 26th, '05, 08:03

Forbidden Love! Plot sounds interesting, i hope it wins!

jholic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by jholic » Feb 26th, '05, 13:06

thetenken wrote:Kamisama just finished...like yesterday
actually, i believe there is still one more ep to go. but there are several seeds on each torrent, so i don't believe a jsotw is necessary for this series yet.
Use THUMBS UP/DOWN buttons to KEEP or DELETE posts.
If you see SPAM or ABUSE, use the REPORT button.

kittikun

Post by kittikun » Feb 26th, '05, 17:16

With Love !

chamelean75

Post by chamelean75 » Feb 26th, '05, 22:36

i vote for my little chef.

ericf
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by ericf » Feb 26th, '05, 22:50

I nominate To Heart as series of the week. There's been some requests for this recently and it seems to be very sparsly seeded most of the time.
ericf

Misaki_chi

Post by Misaki_chi » Feb 26th, '05, 22:57

With love plz :D

odino

Post by odino » Feb 27th, '05, 00:56

ericf wrote:I nominate To Heart as series of the week. There's been some requests for this recently and it seems to be very sparsly seeded most of the time.
ericf
Well do you have the episodes? And it's not on the list of dramas...

locoditto

my little chef

Post by locoditto » Feb 27th, '05, 06:07

please vote for my little chef.it's such a ccute series.
hello

gunjourui
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by gunjourui » Feb 28th, '05, 00:33

MAJO NO JOUKEN rulezzzz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
it's winning at last :cheers:
Image Image
supporting Kanju

zahiri

Post by zahiri » Feb 28th, '05, 11:34

:shocked: NANIIII! OO NOO! AKIKO CHAN just blew her transmision... can this be the end for her race... ?? Nanako chan meanwhile is unstopable, she's moving at constant speed and reaching the finishing line... :cry: oooo crap my Akiko chan is losing HELPPPP!!!!
COOLLAH POK!!

aznloveable

Post by aznloveable » Feb 28th, '05, 12:21

With Love, WIth Love, WITh Love, WITH Love, WITH LOve, WITH LOVe, WITH LOVE

hmmm lets see, how about With Love?

- Believe -

kyrinda

Post by kyrinda » Feb 28th, '05, 12:23

Forbidden Love :P
Walk with me. Don't walk infront of me I may not follow... Don't behind me I may not lead... but walk beside me and be my friend.

tedohg

Post by tedohg » Feb 28th, '05, 18:28

such a hard choice!! Both With Love and Shopping Hero would be awesome!... guess I would want with love more than anything since I just need 3 more eps. I could help see up to 9... but I am missing 10, 11 and 12.

Shopping Hero I could also help seed eps 1 and 2
Sometimes it just takes a Tedo! ^-^
ImageImage

sze_sze

Post by sze_sze » Feb 28th, '05, 20:45

"forbidden love" also :lol hang in there!!

Shindou-Kun
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Shindou-Kun » Feb 28th, '05, 23:53

VOTE My little Chef :)

Olga_2005

Post by Olga_2005 » Mar 1st, '05, 23:42

Shindou-Kun hum.. are these two guys.. in your pic there..?? :unsure:
~ In the black gloom before my eyes, I saw a straight road leading from me to him. He seemed to glow with white light. That was the effect he had on me. ~

Shindou-Kun
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Shindou-Kun » Mar 2nd, '05, 03:02

My signature picture? Yea, It's Akira and Hikaru from Hikaru no Go. Isn't it cute? :wub:

ina

Post by ina » Mar 2nd, '05, 11:38

Very nice, Shindou-kun! And judging from your nick, you are a big fan. :)

Shindou-Kun
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Shindou-Kun » Mar 2nd, '05, 13:00

Actully.. I took my nick from Gravitation. Shindou Shuichi. I've had it for almost 3 years now.

thetenken
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by thetenken » Mar 3rd, '05, 05:58

Argh, why does everything become a target for shounen ai? =(

freak

Post by freak » Mar 3rd, '05, 13:43

when will the nominated series for the week be posted? Heaven's Coin has been there for more than a week.