13%

Total votes: 204

iceberri
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Vote for January's KSOTM!

Post by iceberri » Dec 18th, '04, 03:02

January's KSOTM will run from Monday, January 3rd through Sunday, January 30th
The poll's winner will be announced on January 2nd.

All candidates have English Subtitles and are either on d-addicts', jem's or aznV.net's tracker.
How KSOTM Works

A huge THANK YOU to all the volunteer seeders who make the SOTM possible! Also, thank you to those who, although are not listed as seeders, continue to help seed the series. ^_____^ If you've volunteered already and cannot seed for the month of January, please pm puccakiss79 or me by January 2nd.

If you don't see something that you want to see in the poll, just nominate it in this thread; puccakiss and I will take it into consideration the following month. We've decided to only have 5 candidates for this month's KSOTM, though beginning next month, we may extend the list to include some of the older, already-nominated series. All In and Autumn Tale may be candidates as well, depending on the seeds available.

Lots of hugs and kisses for your efforts! :wub:
Volunteer here!

Questions already answered in the "How KSOTM Works Thread" will be ignored.

Here are the candidates for January....
Beware: Reviews may contain spoilers!

16 episodes, Info; Review I; Review II; Review III
Seeders: aznkoodies, iceberri, in-sung, leeunit, nanda, seirin

16 episodes, Info; Info II;Review
Seeders: aznkoodies, dawawa, leeunit, puccakiss79, stitch, |sUiZiD|, Yoshi8

24episodes, Info (Totuta's site), Info II
Seeders: aznkoodies, darb, dawawa, leeunit, puccakiss79, yoda,

16 episodes (350MB version uploaded by bludawn),Info, Review
Seeders: aznkoodies, Jannah, iceberri, leeunit, Pegasus, sukyong

20 episodes, Info; Review I; Review II; Review III
Seeders: aznkoodies, Frank, gfngfgf, hakurey, iceberri, isuzu, kboy107, leeunit, miriko, o0Tsukishi0o, ph3412, puccakiss79

--- Credits to puccakiss for the banners ---

lolipss
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by lolipss » Dec 18th, '04, 06:48

i hope love letter win for january :P

apples

Post by apples » Dec 18th, '04, 06:56

it's that time of the month again? Oh man, December is flying by so quickly! I haven't even started to download this month's KSOTM.

I have to go for Love Letter. Except for sweet 18, I haven't seen em yet.

Jannah
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Post by Jannah » Dec 18th, '04, 07:31

I think I'll wait until the last minute to vote this time around. None of the nominees really get my attention right now.

techie
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by techie » Dec 18th, '04, 07:34

Winter Sonata try number two :)
Heard good about it and just wanna see what the hype is about so my vote is cast.

kali4niaguy

Post by kali4niaguy » Dec 18th, '04, 08:44

i voted for Love Letter. should've dl'ed Sweet 18 when it was being seeded! :cry:

lbhismyoppa

Post by lbhismyoppa » Dec 18th, '04, 08:47

I voted for Love Letter, it's the only series I haven't watched... people please vote for it tooo!!! :blink :blink :blink
iluvORANGEE!!

ericf
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by ericf » Dec 18th, '04, 09:01

Bright Gitl's Success Story because I've been trying for the last month to downoad it and there are usually no seeders. Just peers. if someone can seed episodes of this series I'd be very happy.
ericf

innocentchica

Post by innocentchica » Dec 18th, '04, 14:51

hum....i say love letter. seems like a good series. :D

WroW
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by WroW » Dec 18th, '04, 15:39

Love letter seems impossible to get so I voted for that one.I hope Bright Gitl's Success Story wins another month.

Ha Ji Won

Post by Ha Ji Won » Dec 18th, '04, 22:32

winter sonata... since i haven't seen it yet :mrgreen: maybe love letter, but it's showing on tv where i live (northern cali). ..

MajidB
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by MajidB » Dec 18th, '04, 22:57

Oh no... I just deleted Love Letter episode 1,2,3,4 and 12 today, and permanently deleted them from recycle bin. I been trying for soo long to download all the episodes, but today i lost hope and gave up.. Now i find that Love Letter may have a chance to win :O :O And if it does, back to downloading again. Anyways, from my point of view, i find Love Letter really good, so my vote goes to love lettter.. * Please Win * :D

|sUiZiD|
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by |sUiZiD| » Dec 18th, '04, 23:39

I dont want to offend anyone, but I have to point something out..... It seems like there is always the same stuff to vote for..... how comes? how do you decide which ones are used on the poll? (should I read the sticky^^)
so long^^

shirahime

Post by shirahime » Dec 19th, '04, 00:19

hm what to vote? I've already watched them all. yeah i would like to know how the choices for the ksotm got picked. :P

iceberri
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by iceberri » Dec 19th, '04, 02:22

shirahime wrote:hm what to vote? I've already watched them all. yeah i would like to know how the choices for the ksotm got picked. :P
usually puccakiss and I choose the candidates for the KSOTM based on how long it's been since the series finished and how many seeds are still left for each episode. We prefer to recycle older unseeded dramas as opposed to the newer just-completed kdramas. That way, people new to the site will still have a chance to check out what has already been offered in the past. If you want something up there, nominate it; puccakiss and I will take it into consideration the next month.

Also, we always include the previous month's runner-up and the ones who have a lot of votes so people will have a chance to vote for it next month. We dumped summer scent because not many people voted for it, but other than that, we just rotate... if one gets elected, another drama usually replaces it the following month. We decided not to this time because we didn't see any dramas that were not on the poll that needed seeding. From next month onwards, we'll take into consideration dramas that have already been ksotms in the past. ^_^

MoerkJ
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MoerkJ » Dec 19th, '04, 06:04

Oh right.. nothing to complain about. KSOTM was invented to give ppl who are new to kdrama and d-addicts the chance to download or complete some good old classics. Look at the list of kdramas in the Completed Drama Projects. Substract the recent KSOTM winners, the recently uploaded dramas, and the dramas that are not so good. Add some good dramas released by jem, jtv and aznV. And voila.. you have your candidates.

If you think that some kdrama is missing, you can nominate it or volunteer for it as a seeder. Maybe it will be added in one of the next KSOTM polls. :mrgreen:
..:: ( Clubbox | Wiki | FAQ | [url=irc://irc.rizon.net:6667/d-addicts]IRC[/url] ) ::..

rainidy
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by rainidy » Dec 19th, '04, 06:20

I voted for Love Letter, since this is the only drama I want to see that I havn't watched yet.

chromatic

Post by chromatic » Dec 19th, '04, 09:10

i hope LOVE LETTER will win.
For people interested in Winter Sonata... i cant understand cause its allready seeded ... i took the whole serie this week.... very easely.... so just take it... ^_^
it doesnt need to be serie of the month its seeded allready. (not by 100 peoples but... mostly seeded...)

GO LOVE LETTER ^_^*

i hope Beautyful Days and Propose will be in the next month polls ^_^

Shinigami

Post by Shinigami » Dec 20th, '04, 09:20

Can I nominate "ALL IN" for the next KSOTM??
It's really hard to find seeder for this KDrama :cry:

For January .. uhmmm .. I don'T know what should I vote :crazy:

lilswtangel
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by lilswtangel » Dec 20th, '04, 09:28

ahhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!! it was a toughie between WS, Love Letter, and Sweet 18. but i chose sweet 18 because it didn't drag and also how there weren't huge moments where i went: "stupid stupid stupid writer..................i'm going to cry because he/she should have been honest...or the timing was sooo bad...or even Stand up for yourself!!!"

and plus....sweet 18's ending was soooo sooo cute!!!!!!!!!! :wub: LDG :wub: :wub:
my blog[/size]

ookamiki

Post by ookamiki » Dec 20th, '04, 10:07

go go love letter !!!!!!!

It's to hard to dl this one, and i really want it.

shirahime

Post by shirahime » Dec 20th, '04, 21:52

iceberri wrote: usually puccakiss and I choose the candidates for the KSOTM based on how long it's been since the series finished and how many seeds are still left for each episode. We prefer to recycle older unseeded dramas as opposed to the newer just-completed kdramas. That way, people new to the site will still have a chance to check out what has already been offered in the past. If you want something up there, nominate it; puccakiss and I will take it into consideration the next month.

Also, we always include the previous month's runner-up and the ones who have a lot of votes so people will have a chance to vote for it next month. We dumped summer scent because not many people voted for it, but other than that, we just rotate... if one gets elected, another drama usually replaces it the following month. We decided not to this time because we didn't see any dramas that were not on the poll that needed seeding. From next month onwards, we'll take into consideration dramas that have already been ksotms in the past. ^_^
icic I guess the ksotm is mostly useful for the new comer than us dinosaurs :lol

iceberri
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by iceberri » Dec 21st, '04, 22:27

shirahime wrote:icic I guess the ksotm is mostly useful for the new comer than us dinosaurs :lol
Well I assume "the dinosaurs" know their way around the site and already HAVE collected everything, knowing how much of a collectaholic some of the people on d-addicts are! :lol :lol

Tekuza

Post by Tekuza » Dec 21st, '04, 22:40

I vote Love Letter coz it looks good and has had good reviews also can wait to watch that :-) Hope the rest can vote for this to be Korean series of the month plz. C'mon ppl make it happen fans of love letter plz support it
ImageImage

|sUiZiD|
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by |sUiZiD| » Dec 22nd, '04, 05:48

iceberri wrote:
shirahime wrote:icic I guess the ksotm is mostly useful for the new comer than us dinosaurs :lol
Well I assume "the dinosaurs" know their way around the site and already HAVE collected everything, knowing how much of a collectaholic some of the people on d-addicts are! :lol :lol

I am one^^ I cant even keep up with all these releases nowadays. Since I started work its very hard for me to watch all these new drama series since I am always exhausted from work and ususly just want to sleep^^ My HDDs are filled with drama series but I am still downloading like a maniac^^ it is called addiction^^ hahaha^^

lilswtangel
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by lilswtangel » Dec 22nd, '04, 09:51

|sUiZiD| wrote:
iceberri wrote:

I am one^^ I cant even keep up with all these releases nowadays. Since I started work its very hard for me to watch all these new drama series since I am always exhausted from work and ususly just want to sleep^^ My HDDs are filled with drama series but I am still downloading like a maniac^^ it is called addiction^^ hahaha^^
as am i, as am i :lol ~

i've been collecting bits and bits around here and there. and when i'm done downloading one serial...and even before the entire series are completed, i'll move on to the next one.

it's so bad that sometimes i wouldn't even have the time to watch all of them.

and periodically, i would have to clean out my hdd just so that i could fit more. but don't worry, i don't change the names of the files just in case others want reseeds.

i'm am totally addicted to D-Addicts...

hahha...i realized i went offtopic here :offtopic: sorry about that.

i see Love Letter is in the lead...and i'm not the least bit sad...because i really liked this drama, too.

good choices iceberri and pucca~!!!!! :P
my blog[/size]

JohnnyCake8

Post by JohnnyCake8 » Dec 22nd, '04, 13:13

sweet 18 pls :P

pockiiee
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by pockiiee » Dec 22nd, '04, 13:24

Voted Love Letter as I've not seen this one yet
chromatic wrote:
GO LOVE LETTER ^_^*

I would also love to see Beaitiful days in the running, I've been trying to complete this series for well over 4 months ;)

o0Tsukushi0o

Post by o0Tsukushi0o » Dec 22nd, '04, 23:00

pockiiee wrote:Voted Love Letter as I've not seen this one yet
chromatic wrote:
GO LOVE LETTER ^_^*

I would also love to see Beaitiful days in the running, I've been trying to complete this series for well over 4 months ;)
Beautiful Days already won the KSOTM. I believe it was back in August.

sYnc

Post by sYnc » Dec 22nd, '04, 23:04

i vote for Bright Girl's Success Story yah go yah

Atomic

Post by Atomic » Dec 23rd, '04, 12:44

lilswtangel wrote:ahhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!! it was a toughie between WS, Love Letter, and Sweet 18. but i chose sweet 18 because it didn't drag and also how there weren't huge moments where i went: "stupid stupid stupid writer..................i'm going to cry because he/she should have been honest...or the timing was sooo bad...or even Stand up for yourself!!!"

and plus....sweet 18's ending was soooo sooo cute!!!!!!!!!! :wub: LDG :wub: :wub:
LOL Sweet 18 didn't drag? Did you watch the same series as I did? Sweet 18 dragged an extra 4 episodes... The last 4 episodes they were just reaching for new plot development.

calla

Post by calla » Dec 23rd, '04, 19:39

My vote's for Winter Sonata!

pockiiee
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by pockiiee » Dec 23rd, '04, 20:01

o0Tsukushi0o wrote:
chromatic wrote:
GO LOVE LETTER ^_^*

Ahh, it figures, It won the month I was away teaching in China, didn't know. Oh well, will complete it one day - :) I voted love letter thins month.

Kai Lien
AiRen
AiRen

Post by Kai Lien » Dec 24th, '04, 00:24

pockiiee wrote:
o0Tsukushi0o wrote:

Ahh, it figures, It won the month I was away teaching in China, didn't know. Oh well, will complete it one day - :) I voted love letter thins month.
Well, I hear that starting next month we can vote for past ksotms. :D Hopefully we can have different options too. Mainly, Autumn Tale and All In. I have yet to get those.

mobes

Post by mobes » Dec 24th, '04, 00:45

I vote for Love letter sounds good :D

voth

Post by voth » Dec 24th, '04, 01:13

Love Letter is my pick

habukie
AiRen
AiRen

Post by habukie » Dec 24th, '04, 02:40

yay! i'm so glad that Love Letter is winning this month since it was a distant third last month. :D

lilpiggi3

Post by lilpiggi3 » Dec 24th, '04, 08:54

Aww ... not many people chose Bright Girl's Successful Story :cry: the plot/summary sounded promising.

mscheerios

Post by mscheerios » Dec 24th, '04, 17:42

Yup, I'll have to go with Love Letter. (Sorry in advance to my roommate! I know you're pulling for Sweet 18) :unsure:

Tekuza

Post by Tekuza » Dec 24th, '04, 17:49

habukie wrote:yay! i'm so glad that Love Letter is winning this month since it was a distant third last month. :D
Yep me too but at the time i really wanted ROYOW to win coz i have never seen it and now i'm like halfway watching it great series and this was what i wouldn't have mind winning as well at least now heaps of ppl voting for it. Please more ppl vote for it looks like 1 great series :w00t: can't wait till Jan.
ImageImage

oct_7

Post by oct_7 » Dec 26th, '04, 00:01

Wow, what a lead for love letter. :P. Good sign. :D.

Regards,

[] [_] [--

Doc

Post by Doc » Dec 26th, '04, 05:42

Yeah it looks like Love Letter is going to win ^_^;

rainidy
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by rainidy » Dec 26th, '04, 05:43

Yay! Love letter is winning. I want to watch this :D

albapeach

Post by albapeach » Dec 27th, '04, 19:52

wah i should watch love letter as well '_';
seems to kick ass lol

chudaps

Post by chudaps » Dec 28th, '04, 02:02

I pick Love Letter too...this was the first series that I looked for in d-addicts, and I still haven't got any episode :lol Good to see lots of people also interested in this series.

lucky

Please help!!!

Post by lucky » Dec 28th, '04, 04:24

I can help seed Love Letter. Can someone please held seed Loving You ep 2-16? Thank you!!!!!

philly

Post by philly » Dec 28th, '04, 18:24

I'll go with Love Letter too, since it's winning and has hope :P :lol Thanks to all the volunteer seeders! :-)

Dandalynn

Post by Dandalynn » Dec 28th, '04, 20:28

can i vote for Bright Girl's Success Story...

I like Jang Nara's acting

sexyhiroki

Post by sexyhiroki » Dec 29th, '04, 06:49

ahw .. i want sweet 18. oh well
i'll just wait next time

mangosteen
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by mangosteen » Dec 29th, '04, 07:05

Only wish to see Sweet 18 and Love Letter but I'll go for Love Letter!

hobbes

Post by hobbes » Dec 29th, '04, 16:14

I voted for Love Letter before reading the posts on who voted for which drama. Wow, Love Letter is in quite a huge lead!

puccakiss79
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by puccakiss79 » Dec 29th, '04, 19:51

Shinigami wrote:Can I nominate "ALL IN" for the next KSOTM??
It's really hard to find seeder for this KDrama :cry:
There's a lot of seeders for All In now so i hope you're able to grab them.

lolipss
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by lolipss » Dec 30th, '04, 05:55

can i nominate bodyguard as a candidate for febuary ksotm?

no seed left on that series pucca :-)
I Want to Watch 'Tell me you love me'!!! :)

puccakiss79
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by puccakiss79 » Dec 31st, '04, 18:34

lolipss wrote:can i nominate bodyguard as a candidate for febuary ksotm?

no seed left on that series pucca :-)
oh already no seeders =( well we can look for volunteer seeders for it in January...butt if not enough people volunteers, we may not be able to add it to the February's poll (we most likely won't start Feb. poll until the middle of Jan so in the mean time we will ask for help :-)

chromatic

Post by chromatic » Jan 1st, '05, 00:26

PROPOSAL would be cool for february too ^_^
By the way Bodyguard was seeded last month... maybe its a little soon to put it on the serie of the month but you could ask for reseed at the appropriate section... i mean if they dont put it in the February selection.

garnet07

Post by garnet07 » Jan 1st, '05, 09:27

YA Actually for next month's (February) can I nominate All In because not all the episodes are being seeded (meaning from episode 1-24 ) plz . Lots of ppl would really like to watch this drama. Especially a d-addict like me . HHEEHE PLZZZ. :roll
Waiting:
J: WatashiGaRenaiDekinaiRiyuu, HimitsuErika, NankyokuTairiku, KaseifuNoMita, NazotokiDinner
K: TreeWithDeepRoots, FlowerShop, Me2Flower
C: InTimeWithYou

WroW
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by WroW » Jan 1st, '05, 12:40

How about Thousand Years of Love as a series of the month?This drama as hard to get.

Jannah
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Post by Jannah » Jan 1st, '05, 15:27

WroW wrote:How about Thousand Years of Love as a series of the month?This drama as hard to get.
It's not been completely English-subbed, so I doubt it'll be nominated until it is.

dima
Fansubber
Fansubber

sweet 18 all the way!

Post by dima » Jan 1st, '05, 19:17

cause it's good and I although I've watched it already I still have the files so I can seed too, when I'm online :)

puccakiss79
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by puccakiss79 » Jan 1st, '05, 20:11

WroW wrote:How about Thousand Years of Love as a series of the month?This drama as hard to get.
Please read the KSOTM How it works thread.

In regards to E-subs...it has never been a requirement that the series needs to be esubbed to be added to the Poll's list; it's just preferred by the majority...if a non-esubbed series gets voted to be a KSOTM then...power to it.
chromatic wrote:PROPOSAL would be cool for february too ^_^
By the way Bodyguard was seeded last month... maybe its a little soon to put it on the serie of the month but you could ask for reseed at the appropriate section... i mean if they dont put it in the February selection.
Well so far i've seen nominations for All In. I agree that since Bodyguard's final eps release was in Dec. it's too soon to add it to the poll; however, we are looking for volunteer seeders for the future. Proposal? hahahaha....we haven't decided anything yet, maybe in a couple of weeks we'll add the poll.

cup-o-noodle

Post by cup-o-noodle » Jan 1st, '05, 23:50

i know that december is already gone but i wanted to know if Ruler of Your Own World will still be seeded in january?

Jannah
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Post by Jannah » Jan 2nd, '05, 05:53

cup-o-noodle wrote:i know that december is already gone but i wanted to know if Ruler of Your Own World will still be seeded in january?
Well, there are usually kind people who'll stick around to seed for the previous month's KSOTM, so don't worry. :-)