Odoru Daisousasen [Kor/Eng Subs] (Complete, Except Specials)

You can find/upload subtitle files for tv drama series here.
Please use the Fansubbing forum to discuss subtitles.
mt877

Odoru Daisousasen [Kor/Eng Subs] (Complete, Except Specials)

Postby mt877 » Fri Nov 26, 2004 1:18 pm

Thanks to DoramaWorks at abmj for doing these subs. The subs are for eps 1 to 11 and are NGN based e-subs in smi format.

-------------------------------------
jholic edit:
* added korean subs for ep12 (ng scenes)

* added korean subs for Odoru Daisousasen Aki no Hanzai Bokumetsu Special (2CD)

* added korean subs for Odoru Daisousasen Saimatsu Tokubetsu Keikai Special (2CD)

* added Eng Subs (Ep 12) by witica

* Converted to SRT format by ednamay: Eps 1-11

* added ENGLISH smi subs for Odoru Daisousasen Saimatsu Tokubetsu Keikai Special (2CD) by silee on pg2
English SMI Subs for CD1
English SMI Subs for CD2

================================================================
Attachments
Odoru Daisousasen 12 NG Scenes.smi
Ep12 - NG Scenes (KoreanSubs)
(12.51 KiB) Downloaded 1085 times
odoru_aki_no.rar
KoreanSubs-Odoru Daisousasen Aki no Hanzai Bokumetsu Special
(37.63 KiB) Downloaded 1127 times
odoru_saimatsu.rar
KoreanSubs-Odoru Daisousasen Saimatsu Tokubetsu Keikai Special
(35.33 KiB) Downloaded 1150 times
DoramaWorks_Odoru Daisousasen1to11.zip
DoramaWorks_Odoru Daisousasen E-Subs (Ep1-11)
(148.56 KiB) Downloaded 2737 times

penguinchris

Postby penguinchris » Fri Mar 18, 2005 10:14 pm

Does anyone know if english subtitles exist for any of the three specials, and episode 12 ("NG Scenes") (Shoka no Kotsu Anzen, Saimatsu Tokubetsu Keikai, and Aki no Hanzai Bokumetsu are the titles of the specials)?

jholic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby jholic » Sat Mar 19, 2005 12:43 pm

as far as i know, subs do not exist for the specials, but i certainly wouldn't mind if someone posted the specials as torrents here. :mrgreen:
Use THUMBS UP/DOWN buttons to KEEP or DELETE posts.
If you see SPAM or ABUSE, use the REPORT button.

penguinchris

Postby penguinchris » Sat Mar 19, 2005 7:42 pm

I'd love to; but if I do upload them, will someone offer to translate?

jholic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby jholic » Tue Mar 22, 2005 6:30 am

penguinchris: can't guarantee it, but if you distribute the raws, then a 'torrent comment' thread is automatically created. perhaps someone would offer to translate in that thread?

penguinchris

Postby penguinchris » Tue Mar 22, 2005 6:42 am

I will perhaps seed the first special soon, including the Korean subtitles, requesting a translation, and if someone agrees to translate then I will upload the rest as well.

I will first, of course, have to figure out what order the specials go in!

BadChase

Odoru Daisousasen Specials

Postby BadChase » Thu Apr 21, 2005 12:16 pm

Hi. I was wondering, now that the Odoru specials are being seeded right now, I was thinking if there is anyone doing a sub on this. It would be highly appreciated, especially from me since I don't speak Japanese and I really love this series!

witica

Postby witica » Mon Aug 15, 2005 1:17 am

ok, so after a two year hiatus from fansubbing i decided to give it one more shot by translating the odoru specials... but my translation skills are 1) quite rusty and 2) i was trying to do a blind translation (just using the korean soft subs) it was harder than anticipated... so i decided to give the translation of just episode 12 a shot. although it was just an outtake episode... so i doubt anyone really cares. and because i was a bit rusty, i tended to adlib a few parts, but overall i think i did ok. and if anybody wants to edit the sections i adlibed, they're more than welcome to.
Attachments
Odoru Daisousasen 12 NG Scenes.smi
English subs
(13.25 KiB) Downloaded 2166 times

Jinx2k5

Postby Jinx2k5 » Mon Aug 15, 2005 10:41 am

Thank you!!!
Please go on with subbing the specials!!! I care very much about it!!
At least please sub the Saimatsu Tokubetsu Keikai Special!
I'd be so thankful. :D

penguinchris

Postby penguinchris » Mon Aug 15, 2005 10:02 pm

Thanks so much! It's taken a long time, but this is good progress towards getting all the specials subbed!

There doesn't seem to be too much talk about this anymore, but be assured there are still plenty of people looking for subs for the specials.

Thanks again!

witica

Postby witica » Tue Aug 16, 2005 1:50 am

penguinchris wrote:Thanks so much! It's taken a long time, but this is good progress towards getting all the specials subbed!

There doesn't seem to be too much talk about this anymore, but be assured there are still plenty of people looking for subs for the specials.

Thanks again!

yea, i'm sure there'd be more interest in the specials. but i'm having trouble with a blind translation. half of the translation makes sense and the other half... well, tends to be a bunch of gibberish. so the only way to possibly finish subbing the series would be to have the specials reseeded or if kent has it, post it on clubbox. in fact the only reason i was able to complete the translation of ep12 is because kent posted it to clubbox. so if you want to thank someone for this translation, thank him.

jholic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby jholic » Tue Aug 16, 2005 9:09 am

witica: thanks for progressing with this. i really appreciate your hard work on this.

please jump on whichever odoru special torrent(s) you need. pm me and let me know which torrent you're on. my upload speed is rather pathetic, but i will do what i can to complete you.

thanks again!

uun

Postby uun » Wed Feb 15, 2006 5:41 pm

thanks to eveybody who participated. subtitles were quite enjoyable

tanteikun

Postby tanteikun » Sat Mar 11, 2006 2:18 pm

Yeah, i would appreciate if someone can sub specials1-3 in english, thanks1

OldBoy

Postby OldBoy » Sat Mar 11, 2006 10:19 pm

There's nothing I want to see subbed more than the Odoru specials. And, there are now 4 tv specials if you include "Odoru Legend - Toubousha Kijima Jouichirou". And, if you want to be really anal you can include the Korean special where Sumire, Mashita and Waku (no Aoshima) go to Korea. It's kind of a bizarre one half Korean travelogue and one half drama, LOL.

nanana_120

Postby nanana_120 » Sun Oct 15, 2006 10:16 pm

Thanks for sub.

ednamay

Postby ednamay » Thu Feb 01, 2007 4:27 pm

I've converted those subs from .smi to .srt. Hope this will be useful.
Attachments
English_srt_Odoru_Daisousasen.rar
Odoru Daisousasen English srt subs
(153.86 KiB) Downloaded 1452 times

stekun

Postby stekun » Fri Sep 14, 2007 3:09 am

Does anyone know if subs for the specials have ever been made and if so, where can one find them?

If they have not already been done, I can probably be talked into giving it a shot myself. I'm watching the first one right now and if it's not too tough (the police-related jargon throws me off sometimes), I'd be willing to do it as long as I'm not stepping on anyone's toes. Reply to this or PM me if you're interested and if there's a demand for it, I'll see what I can do.

jholic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby jholic » Sat Sep 15, 2007 4:10 am

the only person i know who was working on the specials was a member named, witica. it has been over a year, and i have not heard anything. you may want to pm him to see if you can take over the project. if you do not get a response in a week or two, i would say it's safe to go ahead and sub them.

ganbatte!

knuts

Postby knuts » Fri Feb 08, 2008 9:16 pm

stekun wrote:Does anyone know if subs for the specials have ever been made and if so, where can one find them?

If they have not already been done, I can probably be talked into giving it a shot myself. I'm watching the first one right now and if it's not too tough (the police-related jargon throws me off sometimes), I'd be willing to do it as long as I'm not stepping on anyone's toes. Reply to this or PM me if you're interested and if there's a demand for it, I'll see what I can do.

subs for the specials?
I think you would make a lot of people happy, me included of course.

silee

English subs for the first special

Postby silee » Sat Mar 29, 2008 11:24 pm

I guess I should probably mention something here. I'm in the process of subbing the first special. I'm doing a blind translation from Chinese to English and editing using the Korean subs files that come with the torrent. I intend to post the subs here once the first part is finished. If anyone else's planning to post their translation, then I wouldn't bother posting mine. I'm mostly doing it for fun anyway. Just let me know.

Boulayman

Postby Boulayman » Sun Mar 30, 2008 5:49 am

Sugoi, I had given up hope :)

The Shade

Postby The Shade » Wed Jul 30, 2008 11:20 pm

Any update on subbing the specials? I have only discovered this series recently, but have quickly become addicted. The more Odoru I can have (and understand), the better. :w00t:

junior_pansy

Postby junior_pansy » Sun Aug 03, 2008 2:05 am

The Shade wrote:Any update on subbing the specials? I have only discovered this series recently, but have quickly become addicted. The more Odoru I can have (and understand), the better. :w00t:

Hey, you arent the only one :D

Unfortunately there are no eng translations for all the specials...

I wish someone can provide the eng subs for them....

Hope someone picks up this.....

Gambatte ne :salut:

silee

Subs for Odoru Daisousasen Saimatsu Tokubetsu Keikai Special

Postby silee » Sun Oct 26, 2008 4:45 am

So I posted in March about how I was subbing the first special, and now it's October! I actually got 2/3 of the translation done back in March, but real life sidetracked me for awhile. The good news is I did get around to finishing it, and here it is.

A few words about the translation. It was done semi-blindly from Chinese to English. I said 'semi' because I do know a bit of Japanese but not enough to translate the whole thing. I also didn't bother with timing and just edited the Korean subs found here, replacing Korean with English (I hope the original subber wouldn't mind).

I might sub the second special if no one else is doing that one either.
Attachments
Odoru Daisousasen Saimatsu Tokubetsu Keikai Special CD1.SMI
(68.05 KiB) Downloaded 1419 times
Odoru Daisousasen Saimatsu Tokubetsu Keikai Special CD2.SMI
(60.6 KiB) Downloaded 1171 times

htp314

Postby htp314 » Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:17 am

Thanks alot for the subs, really appreciate it. Now I only have to grab the specials, unfortunally there are not many seeders for that particular torrent :-(.

jholic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby jholic » Mon Oct 27, 2008 4:27 am

silee, thanks for working on this! i added your subs to the first page.

no, i don't believe anyone is.

junior_pansy

Re: Subs for Odoru Daisousasen Saimatsu Tokubetsu Keikai Spe

Postby junior_pansy » Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:51 am

silee wrote:So I posted in March about how I was subbing the first special, and now it's October! I actually got 2/3 of the translation done back in March, but real life sidetracked me for awhile. The good news is I did get around to finishing it, and here it is.

A few words about the translation. It was done semi-blindly from Chinese to English. I said 'semi' because I do know a bit of Japanese but not enough to translate the whole thing. I also didn't bother with timing and just edited the Korean subs found here, replacing Korean with English (I hope the original subber wouldn't mind).

To think we can get to enjoy this in Eng subs finally...

Thanks for doing it...

:thumright:

Krabbi

Postby Krabbi » Mon Apr 06, 2009 11:38 am

I also wanted to thank you for the subs. I'm really enjoying this series and the specials. :) thanks!

Psycho_Kenshin

Postby Psycho_Kenshin » Tue May 19, 2009 1:37 am

Thanks for subbing the first special. Cool. 8)

recca_cool

Postby recca_cool » Fri May 22, 2009 12:45 pm

Thank you for subbing the special!

I hope the other specials will be subbed someday by a generous person :D

Silgari

Postby Silgari » Sun Sep 08, 2013 2:08 pm

Thanks for subbing the Special!

Psi

Odoru Daisousasen Early Summer Special (1998) [Eng Subs]

Postby Psi » Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:20 am

Odoru Daisousasen Bangaihen - Wangansho Fukei Monogatari: Shoka no Koutsuuanzen Special <1998>
(踊る大捜査線 番外編 - 湾岸署婦警物語 初夏の交通安全スペシャル)
[Odoru Daisousasen Side Story - Wangan Station Female Officers' Tale: Early Summer Traffic Safety Special]

Disclaimer: First of all, I offer my apologies for any inaccuracies in these subs. The audio quality wasn't brilliant, my own listening skills are a tad rusty, and I didn't have any JP script to fall back on =/. Instead, I had the dubious pleasure of using google translate to convert some of the hard-subbed Korean fansubs (>_>) into Japanese and then translate that Japanese myself [I was actually rather surprised by how decent KR --> JP works when compared to KR/JP --> EN].

Having said that, I am quite confident in the overall accuracy; it's just that more nuance may have been lost than I'd be happy with. If you open up the script with Aegisub, you'll see "commented" lines which highlight areas which could possibly be improved upon.

Recommended raws: Part 1 & Part 2
[I use the word "recommended" quite loosely... These simply happen to be the only ones I could find. If anyone has better raws, do upload them! =P]

The following fonts were used:
    Epson Kyouka & Gyousho; dearJoe 5 Casual [trial]; Cambria; Tahoma
If you’re missing any of them or aren’t sure, please download this font pack and install them.

Special thanks to:
    ap – for the raws
    "quizcaptor?" – for the KR hardsubs
    Taly – for some TL troubleshooting

Boring message from me
Seeing as this special introduces Shinohara Natsumi (who becomes somewhat of a regular later on), it's a shame that this hasn't been subbed until now. Being a "bangaihen" (side story), this doesn't really feature much of the regular crew, but I do think it's an enjoyable watch nonetheless (watch out for the reference to the 1st movie which was released later in the year).

If you come across any issues, do let me know. ^^

~~~~~~~~~~~
And now, here come the TL notes!
You don’t really need them to understand the subs as I tried to keep the script as smooth flowing as possible, but if you want more authenticity or just don’t like my TL, you can change the script yourself after reading the notes =P

Police Organization and Hierarchy
First, some pretty pics regarding ranks etc: Table of Ranks; Rank Insignia; MPD Organization

The depiction of the Japanese police in the series differs somewhat from real life at times, but in this episode, all the ranks/positions quite thankfully reflect reality \o/.

Murder Investigations
Although police stations have their own “Violent Crimes” divisions (as part of the Detective Section), the stations have limited authority when it comes to serious stuff like murder, and this is where HQ staff come in.

The HQ has a much larger “Detective Bureau” and has a whole section devoted to “Violent Crimes” (1st Investigation Section), and from this section, they will send out the relevant “Division(s)” to set up an “investigation headquarters (sousa honbu)” at the local police station, where the local cops support the HQs’ efforts . Of course, there must be someone in charge, and the lead HQ investigator is called “kanrikan”: [investigation] director/supervisor. He is also usually a superintendent (keishi) by rank.

TL changes:
    “Investigation headquarters” can be annoying to work with, so I’ve also called it an “official inquiry”.
    Shinjou is referred to by his rank (superintendent) rather than by his position (director) to make the subs flow better.
Attachments
Odoru Daisousasen Bangai-hen Wangan Police Station - Shoka 2.ass
Part 2 (fixed typo; tweaked timings)
(62.8 KiB) Downloaded 80 times
Odoru Daisousasen Bangai-hen Wangan Police Station - Shoka 1.ass
Part 1 (fixed typo; tweaked timings)
(85.8 KiB) Downloaded 87 times
Last edited by Psi on Tue Jan 13, 2015 7:12 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Avallac'h

Postby Avallac'h » Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:39 am

What a nice surprise!
Thank you very much for you work, Psi!
Looking for volunteers, who want to transcribe subtitles for some old dramas. (Second Chance, Sweet Home and others)
More details here.
My uploads.

DragonSpikeXIII

Postby DragonSpikeXIII » Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:33 am

Thanks a lot, Psi! Thank you so much for your effort!

Saltine

Postby Saltine » Thu Feb 27, 2014 4:37 pm

Many thanks for this surprise, Psi. :salut:

Psi

Postby Psi » Sun Mar 02, 2014 2:11 pm

No problem. ^^

Do let me know if there are any errors etc. I'm always happy to get some feedback.

PS: Also, it would be really great if a mod could update the first post (since it seems jholic is long gone?).

jpfn

Postby jpfn » Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:35 pm

WOW! I never thought this would be subbed. Thanks for subbing this SP! It's greatly appreciated!

Return to “Subtitles”