Virgin Road [Eng Subs] (Complete)

You can find/upload subtitle files for tv drama series here.
Please use the Fansubbing forum to discuss subtitles.
ericf
Fansubber
Fansubber

Postby ericf » Sun May 08, 2011 2:07 pm

http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Virgin_Road

Details
Title: バージンロード
Title (English): Virgin Road
Genre: Romance, family drama
Episodes: 11
Viewership ratings: 21.1
Broadcasted by: Fuji TV
Broadcast period: 1997-Jan-06 to 1997-Mar-17
Air time: Monday 21:00
Theme song: Can You Celebrate? by Amuro Namie

Synopsis

To pursue her dreams, Sakurai Kazumi (Wakui Emi) quits her job and goes to New York to study jewelry design, against the objections of her naggy and stubborn but well-meaning father (Takeda Tetsuya). As part of remaking herself, she changes from spectacles to contact lenses, even though she has problems adapting to them. When she accidentally drops her contact lenses, a mysterious man helps prevent them from being stepped on, but he walks away before she can talk to him.

Some years pass, and Kazumi is on a plane home after receiving a letter from her brother Taku saying their father is critically ill. She has morning sickness and has some run-ins on the plane with a sloppily-dressed man, and it is only when she drops her contacts and the man helps her in a similar way that she recognises him (Sorimachi Takashi). She chases after him and asks, "would you like to do some work (arubaito)?" It turns out that Kazumi in her last letter from New York had written that she was in a relationship with someone and that they might soon marry, but since then she has broken up with him, and she didn't want to make her father upset by coming home alone. The man, a freelance journalist named Yoshimi Kaoru, agrees to pretend to be her fiancé.

On reaching home, Kazumi discovers that her father is not actually on his deathbed (he just had minor surgery), and everyone discovers that Taku had written that letter back to Kazumi where their father says he's happy about the relationship. But the biggest shock comes when Kazumi admits that she's pregnant, and that she wants to have the baby...

These subtitles are meant to be used with these files:
http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_80274.htm

English subtitles trascribed from the fansub by TheSog (presented here with permission).
Additional translations by ericf, igarasi, seiya and TRM.
Special thanks to TheSog for subbing this wonderful show.

ericf
Attachments
Virgin Road 1-11.rar
(141.47 KiB) Downloaded 875 times

ZemusDS

Postby ZemusDS » Sun May 08, 2011 2:57 pm

Amazing. This is one of my all-time favorite dramas. I know how hard and time consuming it is to transcribe from hardsub, your efforts are truly appreciated. Wonder how much the CS broadcast differs from the DVD release.

Thank you very much!

melica37

Postby melica37 » Sun May 08, 2011 3:38 pm

I am really excited to watch and glad I waited.
Thanks very much for your efforts! :wub: :wub:

ericf
Fansubber
Fansubber

Postby ericf » Tue May 10, 2011 6:02 pm

There are some cuts to the VHS versions. I haven't really checked how much but I guess it might be between 5 minutes to 20 minutes. Even the files TheSog presented had misssing parts (as in one episode ended in the middle of the last scene and some of those middle episodes are not full episodes (the next episode has the ending and part of the next episode). It was a bit confusing. These files are all conforming to the 46 minute length of regular Jdorama (except for episodes 1 and 11).

Thanks for your comments.
If there are any mistakes in the subs, just tell me what episode and the time and I'll correct them.
ericf

kentuckyfried

Postby kentuckyfried » Mon Sep 12, 2011 1:13 am

THANKS!!

heat6jones

Postby heat6jones » Wed Mar 28, 2012 2:38 am

Thanks a lot.

junior_pansy

Postby junior_pansy » Mon Apr 16, 2012 1:39 pm

ericf wrote:There are some cuts to the VHS versions. I haven't really checked how much but I guess it might be between 5 minutes to 20 minutes. Even the files TheSog presented had misssing parts (as in one episode ended in the middle of the last scene and some of those middle episodes are not full episodes (the next episode has the ending and part of the next episode). It was a bit confusing. These files are all conforming to the 46 minute length of regular Jdorama (except for episodes 1 and 11).

Thanks for your comments.
If there are any mistakes in the subs, just tell me what episode and the time and I'll correct them.
ericf

I must congratulate you for your effort and hard work.

Nothing beats a good script and eye candy Wakui Emi

:salut:

am00339

Postby am00339 » Sun Jul 13, 2014 5:21 pm

Thank you !

dhisashi

Re: Virgin Road [Eng Subs] (Complete)

Postby dhisashi » Fri Aug 14, 2015 1:42 pm

Thank you now that "xaxa" has the RAW on his site.

:D

Return to “Subtitles”