Plan for new torrent system - completed

News, Updates and Information about this site.
This section is important, please read it for changes about the site!
Ruroshin
Administrator
Administrator

Plan for new torrent system - completed

Postby Ruroshin » Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:36 am

Read the Shutting down the tracker topic for background information if you don't know whats going on.

I will update this post when each phase of the plan has been completed.

Phase 1: Disable upload link to prevent new torrents being added

Phase 2: Change all existing torrents to use public tracker instead of DA's tracker.

Phase 3: Shut down DA's tracker.

Phase 4: Allow a few days for everyone to redownload the torrents which now points to public trackers.

Phase 5: Relocate the .torrent files to an external caching host and implement magnet links in the event that the caching host is down.

Phase 6: Modify upload code and upload page for new system.

New System: Uploaders will now need to create torrents using public tracker such as http://www.nyaatorrents.org/ etc. The choice is up to the uploader. Also, as long as you do not mark the torrent as private when you create them then modern bt client should also take advantage of DHT and PEX technology which doesn't rely on a tracker.

There will be no more tracking of stats.

The torrent index page will remain as is except without the stats.
Last edited by Ruroshin on Fri Feb 17, 2012 6:27 am, edited 15 times in total.

furransu

Postby furransu » Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:48 am

Because the upload link is removed, how can we create new download threads for the time being?

Do you think you can do a torrents page but without uploading the torrent to the server initially to create the thread? Because I like the format of the torrent page, its very organized.

In other words, the same torrent page just without the "Torrent" column and "Download" links, or maybe uploaders could insert for the Download links their own MU,MF torrent links etc.

Ruroshin
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Ruroshin » Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:51 am

furransu wrote:Because the upload link is removed, how can we create new download threads for the time being?

Do you think you can do a torrents page but without uploading the torrent to the server initially to create the thread? Because I like the format of the torrent page, its very organized.

In other words, the same torrent page just without the "Torrent" column and "Download" links, or maybe uploaders could insert for the Download links their own MU,MF torrent links etc.

I will be making code changes to the upload link on the weekend and then I will re-enable it. So just wait until then.

furransu

Postby furransu » Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:55 am

Ruroshin wrote:
furransu wrote:Because the upload link is removed, how can we create new download threads for the time being?

I will be making code changes to the upload link on the weekend and then I will re-enable it. So just wait until then.

alright thats great :) maybe i can just edit the previous episode page and insert new episode links for the time being :D

Ruroshin
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Ruroshin » Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:15 am

Ok the tracker is now turned off. Start redownloading the torrents to start using the public trackers. This coming Sunday AEST I will start archiving and deleting the torrents.

furransu

Postby furransu » Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:29 am

Ruroshin, you are only going to delete the torrent files right? not their respective threads?

Because I'm planning to redownload the torrents, uploading them to megaupload/mediafire, and editing the 1st post to include these new torrent download links.

Thanks.

Ruroshin
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Ruroshin » Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:13 am

furransu wrote:Ruroshin, you are only going to delete the torrent files right? not their respective threads?

Because I'm planning to redownload the torrents, uploading them to megaupload/mediafire, and editing the 1st post to include these new torrent download links.

Thanks.

Thats right, just the torrent files. The threads can stay although they won't be listed in the torrent page anymore though.

furransu

Postby furransu » Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:22 am

Ruroshin wrote:
furransu wrote:Ruroshin, you are only going to delete the torrent files right? not their respective threads?

Thanks.

Thats right, just the torrent files. The threads can stay although they won't be listed in the torrent page anymore though.

what do you mean by they wont be listen in the torrent page anymore? where will they be located? :O

I thought the torrent page will be modified to allow thread creation without having to upload a torrent file :)

Tsunku

Postby Tsunku » Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:29 am

Ruroshin wrote:

Thanks.

then if nothing won't be listed in the torrent page, why keep it? or am i misunderstanding something?

tokaiz

Postby tokaiz » Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:57 am

Don't forget to also add/generate DHT/Magnet links in the new system when someone adds an external torrent (I hope the new 'add torrent' system allows to paste URL to external location and can fetch some information from it and generate proper download link, too). DHT is pretty usable these days (both in Mainline/uTorrent and Vuze) and it removes requirement for a tracker/ .torrent-File altogether. It's the future, IMHO. :) )

(edit: "fetch important informations", like: size of files, info hash, etc.)

Ruroshin
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Ruroshin » Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:02 am

Tsunku wrote:
Ruroshin wrote:

Thanks.

then if nothing won't be listed in the torrent page, why keep it? or am i misunderstanding something?

old ones won't be, new ones will be.

furransu

Postby furransu » Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:07 am

Ruroshin wrote:
Tsunku wrote:
Ruroshin wrote:

Thanks.

old ones won't be, new ones will be.

so the old ones will need to be reposted in the torrents page again am i right? so its better to start downloading the torrents keep it and reupload them once the new torrents page is up

Ruroshin
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Ruroshin » Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:22 am

tokaiz wrote:Don't forget to also add/generate DHT/Magnet links in the new system when someone adds an external torrent (I hope the new 'add torrent' system allows to paste URL to external location and can fetch some information from it and generate proper download link, too). DHT is pretty usable these days (both in Mainline/uTorrent and Vuze) and it removes requirement for a tracker/ .torrent-File altogether. It's the future, IMHO. :) )

(edit: "fetch important informations", like: size of files, info hash, etc.)

I've read briefly about magnet links + DHT (DHT should be on for all torrents anyway since we were never a private tracker). I would need the user to provide the hash of the file or the .torrent file itself I surpose. Fetching it would ok if the user always provided a fetchable url, some places like MU won't give you that url though. Otherwise I might need the uploader to provide the .torrent file afterall so the process can grab the hash.

I'll have a think about it.
Last edited by Ruroshin on Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ruroshin
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Ruroshin » Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:23 am

furransu wrote:so the old ones will need to be reposted in the torrents page again am i right? so its better to start downloading the torrents keep it and reupload them once the new torrents page is up

yeah.

recca_cool

Postby recca_cool » Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:37 am

I agree to that, we'll have a "clean" fresh start :) and we know what has been "migrated" and what is not.

funnlim

Postby funnlim » Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:50 pm

Could someone please clarify? Do we now redownload the torrent files in the pages they're listed or it doesn't matter as those aren't updated and we have to wait for someone to reupload that torrent file somewhere else?

NickJu

Postby NickJu » Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:18 pm

I'm sorry. This is all over my head. I only recently learned what a torrent file is and how to download and seed. I guess I just want to know what happens to the files we may be downloading at the moment? And after the originator uploads the new file, how do I change the tracker to help re-seed?

Please use small, easy to understand words because I am computer illiterate. Thank you.

Orbity

Postby Orbity » Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:24 pm

NickJu wrote:I'm sorry. This is all over my head. I only recently learned what a torrent file is and how to download and seed. I guess I just want to know what happens to the files we may be downloading at the moment? And after the originator uploads the new file, how do I change the tracker to help re-seed?

Please use small, easy to understand words because I am computer illiterate. Thank you.

NickJu... Whatever drama you have been downloading from D-Addicts recently will have to be updated using the new tracker. What does that mean I hear you say...?

When you downloaded the torrent file from D-Addicts, the tracker was http://d-addicts.net:7979/announce or something similar. The tracker just mentioned has now been shut down and you will need to re-download the torrent file for the dramas you are currently downloading, using the new/public trackers (available from D-Addicts for a few more days). In your torrent program, just open the torrent file and your torrent program should ask if you would like to add 'new trackers' ... say yes. This will enable you to continue to download your drama.

Just redownload the torrent file of the dramas

After this Phase 5 and 6 will kick in but that is irrelevant to you right now.

If you need further explanation just ask.
:D
Last edited by Orbity on Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Orbity

Postby Orbity » Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:32 pm

funnlim wrote:Could someone please clarify? Do we now redownload the torrent files in the pages they're listed or it doesn't matter as those aren't updated and we have to wait for someone to reupload that torrent file somewhere else?

Yes, you can re-download them from D-Addicts for a few more days, (Phase 4).

After the few days has completed the admins will remove/archive all torrent files from D-Addicts completely and move them to an online storage facility where people can download the archive. Note. Just because they are archived doesn't mean they are no good. As mentioned by the Admins... Phase 2 was to covert all existing torrents to use public tracker instead of DA's tracker, that's all.

Orbity

Postby Orbity » Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:33 pm

Out of curiosity... how big is the torrent file archive?

RB

Postby RB » Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:34 pm

funnlim wrote:Could someone please clarify? Do we now redownload the torrent files in the pages they're listed or it doesn't matter as those aren't updated and we have to wait for someone to reupload that torrent file somewhere else?

I just downloaded a torrent file whose page still says the tracker is d-addicts, but the client says it is actually publicbt and openbittorrent. So, I guess you could download the torrent files now (the speed with the new tracker may not be as high as with the old tracker if people are already in a swarm. However, new people won't be able to join the swarm (unless you are sharing another connection with someone in the swarm).

wakopin

Postby wakopin » Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:01 pm

Hey this is great!!! I was trying to DL something and it just refreshed nicely when I re-downloaded the new torrent file. Thanks for your hard work!!!
:w00t: Happiness and light!

k361
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby k361 » Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:35 pm

I changed the tracker (d-addicts.net:7979/announce) in my running seeds to tracker.openbittorrent.com/announce and tracker.publicbt.com/announce. I use transmission, but i think every client has the posibility to add trackers to a torrent.

I got announce and i dont lose the current leecher. It is easier to me then stop and make data verify of running torrents.

I also download about 300 new torrents, to exchange my saved one and make requests easier.

NickJu

Postby NickJu » Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:01 pm

Orbity!!!
Thank you so much for the explanation. I shall give it a try!! And thanks for using easy to understand language.

annieb

torrent missing with new system

Postby annieb » Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:11 pm

I don't understand the new system. There is a torrent that is missing : " The.Spirit.Of.The.Sword" cdrama 27,4g. Where can I find it? Thank you . I am waiting for your solution.
annieb

Orbity

Re: torrent missing with new system

Postby Orbity » Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:26 pm

annieb wrote:I don't understand the new system. There is a torrent that is missing : " The.Spirit.Of.The.Sword" cdrama 27,4g. Where can I find it? Thank you . I am waiting for your solution.
annieb

annieb... A search of The Spirit of the Sword returned the following: http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/torrents ... +all&sort=

Download that and your torrent program will ask you if you want to update the trackers... say YES.

yamatosoul

Postby yamatosoul » Fri Feb 19, 2010 4:48 pm

First, please let me apologize for my lack of torrent knowledge, but I love D-addicts and would like clarification. It's my understanding that all torrents will be tracked elsewhere (not DA) in a few days, but we will still be able access them here at DA. And what we need to do when downloading new torrent files in the future is to "Add" new tracker when asked to do so. Am I understanding this correctly? Thank you.

Orbity

Postby Orbity » Fri Feb 19, 2010 4:54 pm

yamatosoul wrote:First, please let me apologize for my lack of torrent knowledge, but I love D-addicts and would like clarification. It's my understanding that all torrents will be tracked elsewhere (not DA) in a few days, but we will still be able access them here at DA. And what we need to do when downloading new torrent files in the future is to "Add" new tracker when asked to do so. Am I understanding this correctly? Thank you.

In the near future the public Trackers will be by default and one won't have to 'add' new tracker. If you have existing downloads going then what you say is correct. Right now is the transition period.

gixo
Fansubber
Fansubber

Postby gixo » Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:21 pm

Ruroshin wrote:
furransu wrote:so the old ones will need to be reposted in the torrents page again am i right? so its better to start downloading the torrents keep it and reupload them once the new torrents page is up

yeah.

So if we are keeping the torrents page will still be an approver? Although there won't be a torrent on the server anymore an approver might be useful to prevent every crap to be uploaded or double uploads. It might help to keep the torrents page kinda clean. Or doesn't it matter now if there are double ul of the same file since it's not on the tracker anymore.

ghavila1

Postby ghavila1 » Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:25 pm

I would like to know how this change will affect the older torrents. Will they remain up on the "public trackers" indefinitely? Or will they need to be reuploaded individually.
I randomly search out unseeded older shows when my computer is idle and reseed them if I can. Will I still be able to do this or will the files need to be reuploaded?

I have gotten much enjoyment over the years from the dramas I have downloaded from D-addicts, and I guess it is past time that I should express my thanks to the many people at D-addicts and the fansubbers who make it all possible.
Thank you all.

furransu

Postby furransu » Fri Feb 19, 2010 6:11 pm

Basically to keep the old torrents active in the future, users that have uploaded torrents to d-addicts recently are recommended to redownload their torrents (since their trackers have been changed), upload the torrent files to megaupload,mediafire,etc and post them in the new d-addicts torrent page which will be up in a few days.

Its basically just a transfer of the updated torrents to the new d-addicts torrent page :)

yamatosoul

Postby yamatosoul » Fri Feb 19, 2010 6:20 pm

So, will the casual users of this site (not those who create and upload torrents) notice any difference after the transition?

furransu

Postby furransu » Fri Feb 19, 2010 6:28 pm

yamatosoul wrote:So, will the casual users of this site (not those who create and upload torrents) notice any difference after the transition?

perhaps:
1. less torrents available, since maybe only recent torrents will be reposted
2. torrents can only be downloaded from free hosting sites like megaupload/mediafire/etc

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Ethlenn » Fri Feb 19, 2010 7:08 pm

OK, does the trackers depend on the uploader, or are we dealing with fixed trackers? I noticed the two of them, that is why I'm asking. Do we (uploaders) need to find others, or just those two are sufficient?
Popularity? Since I know what it means to be forgotten, I won''t be shaken by it. KNG

annieb

Dear Orbity

Postby annieb » Fri Feb 19, 2010 7:11 pm

Thank you for giving me the link so quickly.
Regards,
annieb

mowgwie

Postby mowgwie » Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:32 pm

Hi, I'm also not so literate when it comes to using torrents. I use Vuze, and when I click on "ADD Tracker" it gives me a place to manually type in the new tracker. How do I do that if I don't know what the new tracker is? How can I find out what the new tracker is for Beautiful Days?

k361
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby k361 » Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:52 pm

mowgwie wrote:Hi, I'm also not so literate when it comes to using torrents. I use Vuze, and when I click on "ADD Tracker" it gives me a place to manually type in the new tracker. How do I do that if I don't know what the new tracker is? How can I find out what the new tracker is for Beautiful Days?

If i resume correct, all current torrentsfile changed the d-addicts tracker by a script to the two tracker http://tracker.openbittorrent.com/announce and http://tracker.publicbt.com/announce
Just add this tracker to your running torrent. You can also redownload the new torrent, verify existing data and restart this torrent.

Starting with the next phases, the uploader of the coming torrents will decided the torrent tracker and post a link where to find the torrent file.

mowgwie

Postby mowgwie » Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:33 pm

Great - thanks a lot - I think I can handle that. I appreciate your help.

LanceSalmo

?? Question ??

Postby LanceSalmo » Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:35 pm

Hi question if all the torrents are going to be uploaded on to like megauploads or something then why not just leave them there for people to meable to get older shows that they might want, Incase some of them shows are not reuploaded to D-addicts. At least they will still be there to dl??

Ruroshin
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Ruroshin » Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:35 pm

Orbity wrote:Out of curiosity... how big is the torrent file archive?

about 2GB but I will break it up into multple archive file so its easier to manage

Ethlenn wrote:OK, does the trackers depend on the uploader, or are we dealing with fixed trackers? I noticed the two of them, that is why I'm asking. Do we (uploaders) need to find others, or just those two are sufficient?

Depend entirely on the uploader. I've suggested 3 choices but you can use whatever tracker you like, its even possible to go trackerless and just use DHT and Peer Exchange as long as your bittorrent client supports it (which most major clients do now).

I know its confusing for some people right now but once the new system is in place you will eventually get used to it.

Romance

Postby Romance » Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:09 pm

hope this wont be the beginning of the end of one of the best sites ever!

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Ethlenn » Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:16 pm

OK, now I know what I needed. Thanks^^

Popularity? Since I know what it means to be forgotten, I won''t be shaken by it. KNG

Ruroshin
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Ruroshin » Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:23 pm

I found a place that lets you cache your torrents, they don't care what it is. I might write a program to put all the old torrents on there that way there's no need to wipe the existing torrents from DA.

cengizhan

What about rss ?

Postby cengizhan » Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:31 pm

i was keeping track of my dramas through rss. How will it be going about rss ? Will we still be notified about about new files through RSS ? :cry:
-
I hope uploaders dont put torrent files to MU or RS they are useless here.

Orbity

Postby Orbity » Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:48 pm

Ruroshin wrote:

about 2GB but I will break it up into multple archive file so its easier to manage

okay great. I eagerly await the format in how you do this as I might just download the whole archive as individually downloading the torrents for each drama series would be a tad time consuming. I do try to look for seed requests and seed if I can, hence my interest.

Doing a great job BTW :thumleft:

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Ethlenn » Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:48 pm

Ruroshin wrote:
I found a place that lets you cache your torrents, they don't care what it is. I might write a program to put all the old torrents on there that way there's no need to wipe the existing torrents from DA.

I think everybody should start to call you a god. :salut:

LanceSalmo

Postby LanceSalmo » Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:59 pm

Ruroshin wrote:

Yeah Yeah Ruroshin that sounds great!! Then the existing torrents will still be there yeh.. That means we want lose any shows right??

Ruroshin
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Ruroshin » Sat Feb 20, 2010 12:20 am

LanceSalmo wrote:
Ruroshin wrote:

Yeah Yeah Ruroshin that sounds great!! Then the existing torrents will still be there yeh.. That means we want lose any shows right??

Thats right, no need for re-upload either.

I've re-enable the upload link. You can continue uploading stuff, the new code is not yet in place but I will do conversion process later. Just start using public tracker.

A.K

Postby A.K » Sat Feb 20, 2010 12:39 am

Ok, I've updated my torrents in my client to add the new trackers and they work correctly.

Now I wonder: I have a new file to upload but I guess I should not do it yet until everything is ready? Or we can begin to upload new files now? We won't be able to check the number of seeders and leechers or a file anymore?

I'm worried about my new upload, I don't really know what to do.

Ruroshin
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Ruroshin » Sat Feb 20, 2010 12:49 am

A.K wrote:Ok, I've updated my torrents in my client to add the new trackers and they work correctly.

Now I wonder: I have a new file to upload but I guess I should not do it yet until everything is ready? Or we can begin to upload new files now? We won't be able to check the number of seeders and leechers or a file anymore?

Go ahead and continue upload like you always have. I will take of the rest.

tepaj

Postby tepaj » Sat Feb 20, 2010 1:56 am

haven't logged in for a long time but do try to keep track of what is going on. thanks for the updates to let us know what is going on though. i don't really understand a lot of the technical stuff going on but support whatever you guys end up doing. this place has really given me the opportunity to enjoy asian dramas. you guys are just wonderful for dealing with all these issues and working hard to find a solution.

furransu

Postby furransu » Sat Feb 20, 2010 2:05 am

Ruroshin wrote:
A.K wrote:Ok, I've updated my torrents in my client to add the new trackers and they work correctly.

so if we upload stuff now (with public trackers), they will also be stored in the new cache you found right? :)

that's good then :)

daihard

Postby daihard » Sat Feb 20, 2010 2:31 am

I read most of the posts in the "Shutting down..." thread and all the posts here, but I am apparently not smart enough to understand the situation, so please bear with me...

From what I've gathered, the downloaders will continue to be able to use the DA torrent index page as the place to find the torrent files (at least the new ones that haven uploaded since the new system has been in place). Am I correct? Correction/clarification would be much appreciated.

aeo

Postby aeo » Sat Feb 20, 2010 2:42 am

This may have been discussed previously but why is d-addicts switching from their own tracker to public tracker?

aeo

Postby aeo » Sat Feb 20, 2010 2:53 am

Never mind. I got the answer by reading the opening thread to your "Shutting down the Tracker" thread. That's too bad. Something similar happened to a bittorrent site and they switched their ISP to some former Soviet Bloc country like Russia and they haven't had any problem since because those countries don't care about receiving complaints from RIAA and stuff.

Ruroshin
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Ruroshin » Sat Feb 20, 2010 3:02 am

furransu wrote:
Ruroshin wrote:

so if we upload stuff now (with public trackers), they will also be stored in the new cache you found right? :)

that's good then :)

Not yet but i will do a mass migrate of them at one point.

Ruroshin
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Ruroshin » Sat Feb 20, 2010 3:03 am

daihard wrote:I read most of the posts in the "Shutting down..." thread and all the posts here, but I am apparently not smart enough to understand the situation, so please bear with me...

From what I've gathered, the downloaders will continue to be able to use the DA torrent index page as the place to find the torrent files (at least the new ones that haven uploaded since the new system has been in place). Am I correct? Correction/clarification would be much appreciated.

The downloaders will not notice much difference other than there is no stats on the torrent page.

b4u2bweird

Postby b4u2bweird » Sat Feb 20, 2010 3:18 am

sorry for asking this silly question

so, if there is no stats on the torrent page. is there any way we can use to see how many seeder/leecher on that torrent?

bad english. sorry for that.

Ruroshin
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Ruroshin » Sat Feb 20, 2010 3:21 am

b4u2bweird wrote:sorry for asking this silly question

so, if there is no stats on the torrent page. is there any way we can use to see how many seeder/leecher on that torrent?

bad english. sorry for that.

you can always download the torrent and your bt client should tell you.

xbatio66

Postby xbatio66 » Sat Feb 20, 2010 3:23 am

hmmmm.. i must say, thanks for your hard work ruroshin!!!!

b4u2bweird

Postby b4u2bweird » Sat Feb 20, 2010 3:30 am

so that is the only way for it.

i ask this because i use my office computer for leech/seed and i usually check them with my mobile phone because i don't have any connection at my home.

and i wanna say thank you for this great great site and wish you all the best.

A.K

Postby A.K » Sat Feb 20, 2010 6:08 am

Ruroshin wrote:

Thanx, worked perfectly.

droozy

Postby droozy » Sat Feb 20, 2010 8:45 am

oh can pls tell me steps on how to download ? Me nuts about tracker stuff etc..Pls teach me the steps to re download again.. are the new torrents up ? Me do not know how to find anymore ... thanks !!!

Orbity

Postby Orbity » Sat Feb 20, 2010 8:58 am

droozy wrote:oh can pls tell me steps on how to download ? Me nuts about tracker stuff etc..Pls teach me the steps to re download again.. are the new torrents up ? Me do not know how to find anymore ... thanks !!!

You know what you did before right...? Do it again. Done.

droozy

Postby droozy » Sat Feb 20, 2010 9:01 am

oh so its the same method ??? Thanks so much !! So brainy !!! ^^
Orbity wrote:
droozy wrote:oh can pls tell me steps on how to download ? Me nuts about tracker stuff etc..Pls teach me the steps to re download again.. are the new torrents up ? Me do not know how to find anymore ... thanks !!!

You know what you did before right...? Do it again. Done.

MitsukaiKuroi

Postby MitsukaiKuroi » Sat Feb 20, 2010 9:27 am

I just have to say that everything that you are doing is amazing to me!!! I have no clue how to do stuff like this and I am SO grateful that there are people like everyone involved here that can! I can not thank you enough for all of your hard work!!! \(^0^)/
Currently Watching :

junior_pansy

Postby junior_pansy » Sat Feb 20, 2010 11:20 am

Thanks ruro for running this system so smoothly..

Just wondering if there's still a way to do RSS feeds?

sallia

Postby sallia » Sat Feb 20, 2010 11:34 am

hi... i don't understand this... what is the meaning? can someone explain to me?

Orbity

Postby Orbity » Sat Feb 20, 2010 11:49 am

sallia wrote:hi... i don't understand this... what is the meaning? can someone explain to me?

D-Addicts are/were receiving "take down' notices. To solve this and prevent it from occurring again, admins have dissolved the D-Addicts Tracker from all torrents posted here. They now use 'Public' trackers instead.

Keiko1981
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Keiko1981 » Sat Feb 20, 2010 11:54 am

I have a question about the uploading torrents after all the stages of starting up the new torrent system are done.

Do I need to re-upload the torrents I've uploaded previously.

How will I do when uploading a new torrent.
1. Create torrent and use Nya's tracker and upload the torrent there?
or
2. Create a torrent and use http://tracker.publicbt.com/announce and/or http://tracker.openbittorrent.com/announce
3. Then upload the actual torrent file to Mediafire where refer to where the torrent can be downloaded (so the MediaFire link will become the "Download" torrent)

Also does the all dramas need to re-uploaded now. (I really feel like a newbie now.) :glare:
If this would be the case I would be willing to help out re-uploading, since I got quite some dramas 'archived'.
If it wouldn't be necessary I will go on with the VSSing of Kita no Kuni kara SPs.
Gifted Ones | Twitter | UL @ Nyaa | MyDramaList.com
Subbing: Inochi, Kamisama..., Oshin, Seoul 1945
Where to find dramas & subtitles

j4v.fansub

Postby j4v.fansub » Sat Feb 20, 2010 12:36 pm

I can help provide a tracker for DA!
Please have a look: http://viet-trend.info/tracker/

Orbity

Postby Orbity » Sat Feb 20, 2010 12:46 pm

Keiko1981 wrote:I have a question about the uploading torrents after all the stages of starting up the new torrent system are done.

Do I need to re-upload the torrents I've uploaded previously.

How will I do when uploading a new torrent.
1. Create torrent and use Nya's tracker and upload the torrent there?
or
2. Create a torrent and use http://tracker.publicbt.com/announce and/or http://tracker.openbittorrent.com/announce
3. Then upload the actual torrent file to Mediafire where refer to where the torrent can be downloaded (so the MediaFire link will become the "Download" torrent)

Also does the all dramas need to re-uploaded now. (I really feel like a newbie now.) :glare:
If this would be the case I would be willing to help out re-uploading, since I got quite some dramas 'archived'.
If it wouldn't be necessary I will go on with the VSSing of Kita no Kuni kara SPs.

# You could use all three trackers if you so want too.

# Not sure on the Uploading of new torrents as Ruroshin has hinted a alternative way of uploading torrent files may have been found. I'm still awaiting to see what becomes of it. The short of it is... is that the whole things IS IN TRANSITION at the current moment. Things will be settled and concrete as soon as possible I'm sure. :)

# Earlier post from Ruroshin:
<quote>
Thats right, no need for re-upload either.

I've re-enable the upload link. You can continue uploading stuff, the new code is not yet in place but I will do conversion process later. Just start using public tracker.
</quote>

recca_cool

Postby recca_cool » Sat Feb 20, 2010 2:55 pm

I am getting a little bit confused here, can you please clarify it to us:

1- No more of redownload/report of "old" torrents, and we can download torrent via "download" link that'll point to the cached storage, correct?
2- New torrents will follow the new system of putting .torrent in MU or wherever?

If that is the case, is it possible to somehow program uploading torrents to that cache automatically and continue like before (except torrent will be hosted elsewhere)?

daihard

Postby daihard » Sat Feb 20, 2010 6:38 pm

Ruroshin wrote:The downloaders will not notice much difference other than there is no stats on the torrent page.

Thanks, Roroshin!

Ruroshin
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Ruroshin » Sat Feb 20, 2010 9:47 pm

junior_pansy wrote:Thanks ruro for running this system so smoothly..

Just wondering if there's still a way to do RSS feeds?

Since we don't track torrents anymore the RSS feed will not work. After the new system is in place I'll see what I can do.

recca_cool wrote:I am getting a little bit confused here, can you please clarify it to us:

1- No more of redownload/report of "old" torrents, and we can download torrent via "download" link that'll point to the cached storage, correct?
2- New torrents will follow the new system of putting .torrent in MU or wherever?

If that is the case, is it possible to somehow program uploading torrents to that cache automatically and continue like before (except torrent will be hosted elsewhere)?

1. yes

2. new torrents will be automatically uploaded to the cache as well so no need for MU etc anymore.

The torrent cache is at http://torrage.com/ and http://zoink.it/ and in addition there will be magnet links. Magnet links do not even need a place to store torrent, the torrent file will be distributed. Some technical info for magnet links
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnet_URI_scheme
http://torrentfreak.com/bittorrents-fut ... ed-091120/

There is one thing about the caches, they delete torrents that are not downloaded in a 6 month period.