Massugu Na Otoko [Eng subs] (Ep1) [DROPPED]

You can find/upload subtitle files for tv drama series here.
Please use the Fansubbing forum to discuss subtitles.
AkanZeYo

Massugu Na Otoko [Eng subs] (Ep1) [DROPPED]

Postby AkanZeYo » Mon Jan 18, 2010 6:57 am

Hi guyz.
I decided to start subbing Massugu Na Otoko, since Fukada Kyoko is one of my favorite actress.
Translation was done by me. This wouldn't be possible if it weren't for the japanese timings provided by furransu ( and the torrent file of course ).
Its my first time subbing a dorama and I know that there may be a few mistakes .
I didnt take the time to recheck the errors since i was too lazy ^^ So please don't expect any super high quality!
I understand that dramaniacs are too subbing this dorama so anyone that's patient enough can wait for them if you want better subs.
Also i dont like working with other people so please dont ask me to help out with qc'ing or anything even though its appreciated. :D
I cant guarantee that ill finish this dorama or that ill keep posting regularly new subs, but I'll do my best.

Any comments r welcomed, ; )

Torrents: http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/torrents ... +all&sort=

info: http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Massugu_na_Otoko
http://ktv.jp/man/
Attachments
Massugu na Otoko ep01 (704x396 XviD).srt
(52.78 KiB) Downloaded 2577 times
Last edited by AkanZeYo on Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:48 pm, edited 4 times in total.

furransu

Postby furransu » Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:05 am

thanks for your effort in subbing this drama :D
fukada kyoko is also a favourite of mine :)

and definitely more subbers in d-addicts are always welcome :)

angelayu

Postby angelayu » Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:29 am

wooot..
i love u!! :wub:

u are fast.. :cheers:

sasuke-kun010

Postby sasuke-kun010 » Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:27 am

thanks a lot for subing any new subbers are welcomed :) .

lenrasoon

Postby lenrasoon » Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:50 am

Thank you so much!!

AurionZ

Postby AurionZ » Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:57 pm

Me Love You LOL TY TY TY

carolnonato

Postby carolnonato » Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:04 pm

wah thank you so much!! <3 this drama seems really interesting!

Kumaxell
Fansubber
Fansubber

Postby Kumaxell » Mon Jan 18, 2010 4:23 pm

Thank you so much. So far, this is the only J drama this season that I hadn't fast forward while watching. Fukada Kyoko's character is so adorable in her shameless attitude.

noobee

Postby noobee » Mon Jan 18, 2010 4:26 pm

thanks a lot!
This user's account has been suspended. Because the user has ignore the mod's warnings to not reply with short useless messages, just so a spam link will show up on all his reply messages.

ZemusDS

Postby ZemusDS » Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:07 pm

That's fast. Thank you for doing this!

furransu

Postby furransu » Mon Jan 18, 2010 6:09 pm

watched ep1, its really funny.. i think this will be my favourite drama this season

voth

Postby voth » Mon Jan 18, 2010 6:36 pm

Thanks for subbing the episode for us.

alou

Postby alou » Mon Jan 18, 2010 6:57 pm

Thanks~ I look forward to watching this. :-)

AkanZeYo

Postby AkanZeYo » Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:44 pm

Thanks for the fast replies guys, I really appreciate it.

I'm glad you liked this dorama furransu and I hope you keep posting the japanese subs ~ : )

SouthsideIrish

Re: Massugu Na Otoko[Eng subs] (Ep1)

Postby SouthsideIrish » Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:25 pm

AkanZeYo wrote:I understand that dramaniacs are too subbing this dorama so anyone that's patient enough can wait for them if they want better(I guess) subs.

Ah, I see, I am glad that you can do a much better job translating then our native Japanese speaker. Oh, and we also have one other Japanese speaker, and three others that spend a week on each dorama trying to release the best subs possible. We don't want to have mistakes, which is why I spent most of yesterday adjusting the timings on the Japanese srt so that the in's and out's were the same. Well, I guess we just can't be as good or as fast as you.

Thanks for telling us that.

hey9

Re: Massugu Na Otoko[Eng subs] (Ep1)

Postby hey9 » Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:40 pm

SouthsideIrish wrote:
AkanZeYo wrote:I understand that dramaniacs are too subbing this dorama so anyone that's patient enough can wait for them if they want better(I guess) subs.

Ah, I see, I am glad that you can do a much better job translating then our native Japanese speaker. Oh, and we also have one other Japanese speaker, and three others that spend a week on each dorama trying to release the best subs possible. We don't want to have mistakes, which is why I spent most of yesterday adjusting the timings on the Japanese srt so that the in's and out's were the same. Well, I guess we just can't be as good or as fast as you.

Thanks for telling us that.

What are you talking about? He/she said their subs aren't going to be super high quality and that they didn't check for errors. I didn't see anything in their post insulting Dramaniacs. All I read was that he assumed Dramaniacs would have better subs because you guys are spending more time on them. Way to totally misread a post :|

SouthsideIrish

Postby SouthsideIrish » Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:58 pm

>can wait for them if they want better(I guess) subs.

Really, so I guess our subs might be better? BTW, I really didn't care until I saw the guess. I guess spending a week doing them really isn't going to come close to his subs.

My personal opinion is that there is no reason why we should be working on Massugu na Otoko now as there are other dorama's that need to be subbed. Again, I do not care that someone else is doing this, and I am more than willing to do something else.

alou

Postby alou » Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:43 pm

SouthsideIrish wrote:>can wait for them if they want better(I guess) subs.

Really, so I guess our subs might be better? BTW, I really didn't care until I saw the guess. I guess spending a week doing them really isn't going to come close to his subs.

My personal opinion is that there is no reason why we should be working on Massugu na Otoko now as there are other dorama's that need to be subbed. Again, I do not care that someone else is doing this, and I am more than willing to do something else.

Since your group is obviously so great, maybe your time would indeed be better spent subbing something else. Oh, and just because you spend a week subbing something doesn't make it better.

AkanZeYo

Postby AkanZeYo » Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:47 pm

Hey there Sothsidelrish,

I'm sorry if I happened to insult you and your team, I didn't have any such intention.
I'm just not really familiar with Dramaniacs, and don't really know what kind of job you do.
That's why I wrote the ( I guess ) thing in parenthesis.
I will delete that party anyways, if it bothers you that much. I'm sure you guys will do a much better job since I'm not a native Japanese nor English speaker and you're a team ; )

Didn't want to insult anyone mate.
Considering your post on the torrent file,though, where someone asked if anyone is going to sub this, I felt that you were being a bit rude there.
Quoting you, you wrote: Did you read the first comment? Did you look in the fansub wiki? If you had then you would know that I am timing the episode, and that Dramaniac Fansub is subbing it.

Anyway,
Good lucking with your subs ~

likapoi

Postby likapoi » Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:04 pm

Thank you!!

sawara

Postby sawara » Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:29 pm

I am sorry about our hot tempered timer. He's usually a nice fellow, really!
So please can we all get along now.

@AkanZeYo: O tsukaresama! I personally don't mind you providing the subs. How should I. There are lots of people who greatly appreciate it. Do your best. Maybe you even find someone for QC. (For the future: It's usually considered good manners to contact the people who sub a drama in advance if you intend to sub it too.)

And it'll still be worth to watch the drama once more with our subs.

"I don't want to do well"--Tabuchi Yusaku

furransu

Postby furransu » Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:02 am

AkanZeYo wrote:Thanks for the fast replies guys, I really appreciate it.

I'm glad you liked this dorama furransu and I hope you keep posting the japanese subs ~ : )

i've always been a fan of fukada kyoko dramas, her past recent dramas have been really good except Karei Naru Spy which was terrible. So far from the way it looked in ep1, i love her role the most..

And i'm sure i'll be able to keep posting the jp subs :)

OnlyWish

Postby OnlyWish » Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:12 am

yay thanks, i've been dying to watch one of the new dramas :]

Xanthos

Postby Xanthos » Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:37 am

SouthsideIrish wrote:>can wait for them if they want better(I guess) subs.

What are you being all snobbish at? I do not see a problem with him adding a "I guess" since Dramaniacs' subs for this series is not even out yet. He has nothing to compare to. And you choose to snobbishly assume that Dramaniacs' subs will definitely be better than any independent subbers.

He is even nice enough to inform everyone that dramaniacs is subbing this series too. And you just come in and kick his ass for that.

AkanZeYo wrote:Hi guyz.
I decided to start subbing Massugu Na Otoko, since Fukada Kyoko is one of my favorite actress.
Translation was done by me. This wouldn't be possible if it weren't for the japanese timings provided by furransu ( and the torrent file of course ).
Its my first time subbing a dorama and I know that there may be a few mistakes .
I didnt take the time to recheck the errors since i was too lazy ^^ So please don't expect any super high quality!
I understand that dramaniacs are too subbing this dorama so anyone that's patient enough can wait for them if you want better subs.
Also i dont like working with other people so please dont ask me to help out with qc'ing or anything even though its appreciated. :D
I cant guarantee that ill finish this dorama or that ill keep posting regularly new subs, but I'll do my best.

Any comments r welcomed, ; )

Torrents: http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/torrents ... +all&sort=

info: http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Massugu_na_Otoko
http://ktv.jp/man/

Thanks alot! I'll be following this series.

otaclub

Postby otaclub » Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:07 am

THANKSS FOR THE SUBSS!!!

ellen frances

many thanks

Postby ellen frances » Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:16 am

Hi, Many thanks for this, I am a fan of Sato Ryuta and it's great to see him carry the lead.

The subs were excellent! Keep at it with dramas that you like, because it shows in the quality of the subs. Don't worry about spelling, etc. That takes a way back seat to the clarity of the translations. Well, to me it does :)

Thanks again

ellen frances

Postby ellen frances » Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:28 am

AkanZeYo - I didn't realize there weirdness conflict. So I am writing again to make my comments really clear.

I like the way you subbed this episode and look forward to viewing more episodes with your subs.

I have noticed that teams sometimes get full of themselves because people are so ready to watch something and need the subs to understand what's going on. But often times the team subs are poorly done, especially the last few episodes. It's like they are tired of it the already and want to get onto the next hot drama. They are nasty and rude - sometimes. But we fans don't say much because we really are d-addicts and really want the subs. And they are the only game in town.

So when independents make the effort to sub a drama, it is usually very well done - to the end.
Thanks

lissamae

Postby lissamae » Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:24 pm

I look forward to watching again with subs, thank you for sharing. ( I hope what seems to be a misunderstanding has been cleared up!)

Gai-Jin

Postby Gai-Jin » Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:33 pm

Tqs very much AkanZeYo... love Kyoko Fukada new appearance.. :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: I fall in love with her back again... :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

p/s: there's some spelling mistake.. maybe you can recheck again for others to enjoy the drama :salut: :salut:

fawkesary

Postby fawkesary » Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:22 pm

Man, I like how the southsideirish got flamed for assuming. This is called Quick Butt Rape. The Internet is srs bsns.

Salz

Postby Salz » Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:13 pm

thanks for subbing this drama^^
Kyoko also my fav actress and i also love Sato Ryuta<33

Xanthos

Postby Xanthos » Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:31 am

I've corrected all the spelling mistakes in the sub and am wondering if you are interested.

droozy

Postby droozy » Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:15 am

thanks !!

TabooxNightmare

Postby TabooxNightmare » Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:15 pm

Thank you so much for subbing it! i really enjoyed the first ep and now I can't wait for more *_*

Btw, am I the only one the subs for whom the subs go terribly out of sync after some time (after the scene in the office cantine) ?

Currently watching: 37 Sai de Isha ni Natta Boku ~Kenshuui Junjou Monogatari~, Legal High, ATARU, Papadol!, Toshi Densetsu no Onna

KeiserSoze

Postby KeiserSoze » Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:45 pm

I didn't plan to watch this show but 1st epi was fun to watch :thumleft:
Thank you for subbing this :D
Can't wait for ep 02.

hana_fon

Postby hana_fon » Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:58 pm

thanks ep1

AkanZeYo

Postby AkanZeYo » Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:09 pm

Xanthos wrote:I've corrected all the spelling mistakes in the sub and am wondering if you are interested.

As I wrote on my first topic, I'm not really interested in working with anyone.
But if you already corrected all the spelling mistakes, just send me the file and I would more than happy to upload it.

TabooxNightmare: The subs shouldn't go out of sync. Are you sure you used the torrent file from d-addicts. Sometimes it may be your player fault. Try and watch it at a different player.

Ryutarou

Postby Ryutarou » Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:28 pm

Thank you. It was interesting enough for me to know that the drama involves Sato Ryuta being surrounded by a female cast. I'm happy you decided to sub this.

Giichi

Postby Giichi » Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:04 pm

Hey,
Thanks for subbing this one...
please keep going.
Much appreciate

Peace
Take care.

luckyirish

Postby luckyirish » Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:36 pm

thank you for subbing this!

Xanthos

Postby Xanthos » Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:09 am

AkanZeYo wrote:
Xanthos wrote:I've corrected all the spelling mistakes in the sub and am wondering if you are interested.

As I wrote on my first topic, I'm not really interested in working with anyone.
But if you already corrected all the spelling mistakes, just send me the file and I would more than happy to upload it.

No worries. I'm not asking to work with you behind closed doors. I'll just download them as you release them to edit it.

It's just the spelling anyway. And I needed your permission to attach them here.
Here's the sub.
Attachments
Massugu na Otoko ep01 (704x396 XviD).ass
(68.74 KiB) Downloaded 355 times

itsArtemis

Postby itsArtemis » Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:03 pm

Thank you for the subs. And to Santhos for the spellchecked one! That way I didn't have to do it myself. :D

rodopain

Postby rodopain » Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:04 pm

Thank you for the subs, your work is greatly appreciated! Xanthos too! :)

pani_narcissa

Postby pani_narcissa » Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:17 pm

Thaaaaaaanks! =)

Annessa

Postby Annessa » Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:09 pm

Thanks for the subs!! I understand the hard work and effort needed to create them in the first place, so I just wanted to let you know I appreciate it...

Also, thanks to Xanthos for fixing the errors... I watched the first episode with the original subs, and there were many spelling/grammatical errors and typos. Every few lines or so, there was at least one or more error. I understood it just fine, though.

piston

Postby piston » Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:17 pm

Thanks for subbing this.

zukkoke_iero

Postby zukkoke_iero » Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:51 pm

Thanks for the sub...
just wanna ask...
I downloaded the raw from nomanymore.blogspot.com
but when I played it, the timing isn't fit..t_t
what should I do...?
thanks in advance...

Keiko1981
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Keiko1981 » Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:53 pm

zukkoke_iero wrote:Thanks for the sub...
just wanna ask...
what should I do...?
thanks in advance...

Download the video using the torrent from the DA tracker.
Gifted Ones | Twitter | tumblr | MyDramaList.com
Subbing: Ashita no Yakusoku, Hokuto, Inochi, Oshin, Seoul 1945
Where to find dramas & subtitles

zukkoke_iero

Postby zukkoke_iero » Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:54 pm

Keiko1981 wrote:
zukkoke_iero wrote:Thanks for the sub...
just wanna ask...
what should I do...?
thanks in advance...

Download the video using the torrent from the DA tracker.

yappa, need to re-download again... XD
thank you for your reply ^^

vizardx

Postby vizardx » Sat Jan 23, 2010 3:40 pm

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=IETU3FHD

these subs are re-synced and fixed for the other version. i also have the other version which goes out of sync at about the 25 minute mark, i have fixed them. link above.

hope its ok with op.

SacredCultivator
Fansubber
Fansubber

Postby SacredCultivator » Sat Jan 23, 2010 6:19 pm

^Other version? You mean the 1280x720 res?
Hello!Fansubs is recruiting Translators/Typesetters, PM me for Details

ayekachan06

Postby ayekachan06 » Sun Jan 24, 2010 12:58 am

Wah thanks you are awsome :-)

vizardx

Postby vizardx » Sun Jan 24, 2010 7:28 am

no its not a different resolution.

i think that some people have aquired the raw that probably doesnt have an advert at the 25 minute mark so the subtitles are of sync. im guessing the raw from d-addicts does have the advert.

anyway, if your having sync issues use the file i posted above, if your not having sync issues dont bother, btw i did NOT spell correct the OP's sub file, the spelling and grammer wasnt bad enough for me to bother fixing it anyway.

furransu

Postby furransu » Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:48 pm

just wondering, how are things going with ep2 ? ^^

itsArtemis

Postby itsArtemis » Fri Jan 29, 2010 4:07 pm

furransu wrote:just wondering, how are things going with ep2 ? ^^

I was wondering the same. :-)

And also wondering - if there are two groups/people subbing the same show, where am I going to look for the other group's subs? Will they be posted in a separate thread or not on d-addicts at all? (I seem to remember only one thread per drama is allowed.)

SouthsideIrish

Postby SouthsideIrish » Fri Jan 29, 2010 4:35 pm

I am in the other sub group, and at the moment I have no idea what is going on. The first two episodes are translated, and we were looking for a new editor, but the translator for this is not answering email so either busy or something else is going on. My plan was to release these on a new LJ page along with HS of Real Clothes, since someone else is subbing this here, and to release a batch here, once it is over.

So, nothing much will be happening until we get a new editor. BTW, furransu has offered to do it, but I am still wondering what is going on.

itsArtemis

Postby itsArtemis » Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:06 pm

SouthsideIrish wrote:
So, nothing much will be happening until we get a new editor. BTW, furransu has offered to do it, but I am still wondering what is going on.

Thank you for your reply. :-)

I plan to watch this when all the subs are out. I really like well done subs that are "invisible" to me, so I definitely hope to watch with your subs when they are done. Good luck!! :thumleft:

apithea

Postby apithea » Sat Jan 30, 2010 12:43 pm

thank you

keisuk3

Postby keisuk3 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:14 pm

Hey southside, any update on your groups' subs? Thanks in advance.

SusieQ

Postby SusieQ » Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:15 am

I mean this with the utmost respect to all parties, buuuuut...

This thread is for AkanZeYo's subs, not Dramaniac's. Though I appreciate Dramaniac's update, I think any further questions regarding their subs' status should be sent to them directly, or you could check their fansub wiki page. :-)
<----made of awesome

SouthsideIrish

Postby SouthsideIrish » Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:59 pm

keisuk3 wrote:Hey southside, any update on your groups' subs? Thanks in advance.

You heard him, so either PM me or start a new topic.

recca_cool

Postby recca_cool » Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:27 pm

Thanks AkanZeYo for the subs :)
Also, thanks Xanthos for correcting the minor spelling mistakes :)

Please keep up the good work ^_^ Looking forward to episode 2.

imarkon

Postby imarkon » Sun Feb 14, 2010 2:21 pm

looks like this series is on hold, uh?

furransu

Postby furransu » Sun Feb 14, 2010 2:35 pm

imarkon wrote:looks like this series is on hold, uh?

i guess.. or the user has dropped it.. akanzeyo last online was on January 20th.

imarkon

Postby imarkon » Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:00 am

thats' too bad :<

someother freelance subber needs to pick this up :cry:

bluesilo

Postby bluesilo » Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:46 am

Dramaniac is working on this as well.

wintersonata

Postby wintersonata » Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:39 pm

Please keep up the good work

imarkon

Postby imarkon » Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:39 am

we should patiently wait for dramaniacs :x

SouthsideIrish

Postby SouthsideIrish » Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:01 pm

imarkon wrote:we should patiently wait for dramaniacs :x

Ep 1 has been edited by furransu, so will be released in the next day or two.
Ep 2 is edited, but needs a timing check, guess it will be out by Sunday.
Ep 3 is in translation.

recca_cool

Postby recca_cool » Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:25 am

Create your own subtitle thread :)?

in2sky

Postby in2sky » Sat Feb 20, 2010 8:34 pm

can't wait for 2nd episode's subs... thanks alot!!

SusieQ

Postby SusieQ » Sun Feb 21, 2010 4:34 am

recca_cool wrote:Create your own subtitle thread :)?

I tried suggesting folks stop bringing up Dramaniac's here too (My post was buried). But, it doesn't really seem to matter that much at this point, and I don't think anyone else cares. Some folks will always be demanding subs.

However, I've been concerned that AkanZeYo might feel unappreciated and unwanted, after the stink SouthsideIrish started. I don't presume to know what goes on in his or her life, but I do wonder if that isn't why there have been no updates (and AkanZeYo hasn't even been to DA for a month), or subs for episode 2+. If it were me, I would feel pretty discouraged after being attacked like that. I suggested stopping further Dramaniac updates in this thread in case AkanZeYo should finally appear and feel completely driven out. I also think some folks may be confused, and think this actually is the thread for Dramaniac's subs.

I really appreciated that AkanZeYo took on the project. Despite some spelling errors, they were decent subs for episode 1, considering the speed with which they were released. If I were archiving (which I don't), it would have been easy to correct the errors, though otherwise they didn't bother me.

For the record, I am not trying to put down Dramanaic or their subs. I also appreciate that they are working on this series! I haven't been interested in a series they've subbed before now, but they seem like a good subbing group, despite a some perfectly reasonable delays related to real life. I've been watching dramas for a long time. I am perfectly accustomed to delays and have no complaints whatsoever.

Little disclaimer: I'm not a mod or anything, so what I say is probably worth a grain of salt, and I don't expect anyone to care a lick about what I say or do.
<----made of awesome

jlo8

Postby jlo8 » Sun Feb 21, 2010 8:20 am

I thought the situation could be better managed by SouthsideIrish in a more gentlemanly way. And for the sake of the original subber who started the thread, please leave your updates in your own fansubpage.

ayyy

Postby ayyy » Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:57 am

Thanks!!!

chickenruns

Postby chickenruns » Sun Feb 21, 2010 10:24 am

First I want to thanks AkanZeYo for choosing to sub this drama. And worked so fast on it. I could understand the drama without any problem.

However it seems that AkanZeYo stopped working on the subtitles, which is totally logical after being attacked by a member from another subbing group. I do not understand the subbing-rights system here; why does AkanZeYo have to inform Dramaniac group that she was going to sub this drama since her subtitle was out first ? Do subbers have to register to some organization to sub dramas ? And if Dramaniac announced on their website that they were going to sub this drama, but I did not go and read there, how could I know ? I think Mister Southsideirish is the ridiculous one here who came and totally misread the original post and was in the sulks and attacked AkanZeYo and now he is even using someone's thread for his group's updates - which is not common sense. In short, create your own thread and do not bother other subbers just because they work on the same project as yours.

Return to “Subtitles”