How many Asians here are vegetarians?

The real life drama forum. Discuss your relationships or get to know the other members here.
Arsenal1508

How many Asians here are vegetarians?

Post by Arsenal1508 » Feb 12th, '09, 10:18

Not counting those countries like India...how many Asians here are vegetarians (eat no meat...but dairy/eggs is fine).

I know nobody that is Korean or Japanese that are vegetarians. I know that there are some strict Thai-Buddhists that are vegetarians. But overall...it's this a foreign concept to resist eating meat?

nankasento

Post by nankasento » Feb 12th, '09, 17:22

what about fish? Some vegetarians eat fish and some don't as well. Fish is fine?

Arsenal1508

Post by Arsenal1508 » Feb 12th, '09, 19:23

Nope...fish wouldn't be fine. It was alive.

Vegetarian is someone that doesn't eat any forms of meat. Dairy is fine though.

morserachel

Post by morserachel » Feb 16th, '09, 14:47

As far as I know there are many different types of vegetarians. Some types take dairy products and yet others do not. The reason is dairy products come from animals and if animals are not permissible then its produce should not be permissible. Eggs are normally a no-no because eggs are considered a 'life', same like a fetus is a 'life'. The really strict ones won't even partake strong smelling vegetables like onions, garlic etc.

PocketKiriyama

Post by PocketKiriyama » Feb 16th, '09, 14:57

I was a vegetarian for a few years when I was in middle school. I won't even eat eggs. My parents was crying one time because I was getting skinnier and skinnier. I use to be chubby. Later I found my taste for meat again. I started with eggs, then chickens, then fish and on to beef. Now I'm so much healthier than before and barely get bedridden like back then.

dabogy

Post by dabogy » Jul 15th, '09, 01:26

C'mon don't make it too harsh for your stomach

eat what you like.

anyone can be a vegetarian as long as they don't walk.. hahaha

kimchiramen

Post by kimchiramen » Aug 18th, '10, 17:12

well...okay guys. You can actually lead a very very healthy life as a vegetarian. In fact, I'm a vegan (No animal product lifestyle). For the past 3 years, I've been living juuuuuuuuuuuuuussst fine. The common misconception though, is that people think vegans/vegetarians think highly of themselves and are superior to those who eat meat. SO NOTTT TRUE!!!...I digress. Anyways, I'm a chinese canadian born chick who is a strict vegetarian or as you may, vegan. and proud of it =D

Zealousy

Post by Zealousy » Aug 18th, '10, 18:30

PocketKiriyama wrote:I was a vegetarian for a few years when I was in middle school. I won't even eat eggs. My parents was crying one time because I was getting skinnier and skinnier. I use to be chubby. Later I found my taste for meat again. I started with eggs, then chickens, then fish and on to beef. Now I'm so much healthier than before and barely get bedridden like back then.
You probably weren't eating right, that's why you got sick. When you become a vegetarian, you cannot just leave out meat. You MUST substitute it for something so that you meet your body's needs.

damselsummersky

Post by damselsummersky » Aug 22nd, '10, 07:44

I'm on the process of becoming one. Haven't been eating pork and meat for almost a month now. I'm thinking of which to drop next, poultry or seafood?

Michirumori

Post by Michirumori » Aug 30th, '10, 12:46

Zealousy wrote:You probably weren't eating right, that's why you got sick. When you become a vegetarian, you cannot just leave out meat. You MUST substitute it for something so that you meet your body's needs.
Actually, that's a common misconception... anything you need can be found in the natural non-meat world. You just have to know the right stuff to eat, artificial substitutes and vitamin pills, things like that, aren't actually needed. ^^

kimchiramen

Post by kimchiramen » Aug 30th, '10, 18:15

damselsummersky wrote:I'm on the process of becoming one. Haven't been eating pork and meat for almost a month now. I'm thinking of which to drop next, poultry or seafood?
Poultry. Nutrition wise and ethically wise it is lessl than seafood. Good luck on your gooooaaaaaaaaaal!

devils2l

Post by devils2l » Oct 11th, '10, 15:28

Eat, drink and make merry! As you get older I do wonder what a lot of people are thinking? That they are going to stave off death? Nah! Keep yourself young? Nah! You can't fight aging at all. Biggest problem is things that will strike you down out of the blue...accidents, weird diseases, just plain bad luck....you get the picture. Just try to stay happy.