One Litre of Tears + SP [Eng Subs] (Complete)

You can find/upload subtitle files for tv drama series here.
Please use the Fansubbing forum to discuss subtitles.
someperson_12345

One Litre of Tears + SP [Eng Subs] (Complete)

Postby someperson_12345 » Thu Dec 18, 2008 1:31 pm

These subs were Machine Translated (by Google Translate), then edited by humans. They are GOOD quality.
(edit: Apparently my source Italian subs were translated from Kioku's (hardcoded) English subs, that's why these softsubs are so similar to the hardcoded version)

Source:
For those who care:
My source for the Italian fan-subs was a torrent named:
1 LITRE OF TEARS [DVDRip Jap softsub ITA][colombo-bt org]

(Machines can translate Italian -> English much better than Japanese -> English, which is why I used those subs.)

The subtitle files were ORIGINALLY named::
1littoru no namida epXX (704x396 DivX511).srt

Sottotitolato in italiano da V-chan / Subtitled in Italian [by] V-chan

I have compiled the ORIGINAL Italian subs into one file; You can download it here:
[url]http://www.mediafire.com/file/hetmj3oznmm/One_Litre_of_Tears[Italian]_[V-Chan]+SP.rar[/url] That file contains all 11 episodes + the special - ALL IN ITALIAN.

The process:
Italian Subs (by "V-chan" ) -> Google Translator (harder than you think) -> Machine translated English Subs -> Edited by Adora2420 -> Good Quality subs

(then used "Notepad++" to find/replace a systematic translating error -
"-->" is accidentally translated to "->")

If you're having trouble with the timings of the subtitles (after the opening scene) (If your using a RAW with different timings)
Try:

Download the freeware program Subtitle Workshop, then you can permanently entire sections of the timings quickly and easily. If your subs have sponsor ads, delay the timings for around 15-20 seconds where the sponsor ads are supposed to take place.

Alternate Timings (The only difference between this and below is Episode 2,3,4 timings)
All Episodes (+ Special). Machine Translated, then Edited. Good Quality and works fine.
(TESTED with RAWs named: [TVBT]One Litre of Tears_Ep_XX_ChineseSubbed.rmvb)

The subtitles are very decent - all things considered.

EVERY Episode (1 - 11) is working and understandable, you can download them below

comments and feedback welcome :D

UPDATE: DEC 2009
(Actually JULY 2010. I'm 7 months late with this news)
There has been High Definition RAWs released (Sesam's) !!
The subtitles have already been re-timed by bwo_j to cator for these changes.
These are for the 1280x720 RAW video. Check page2 for bwo_j's post or use this link: http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/download.php?id=36410 to download directly .
Attachments
One Litre of Tears [Eng Subs] [1-END+SP].rar
All Episodes (+ Special). Machine Translated, then Edited. Good Quality and works fine.

[Synced-For-RAWs-uploaded-on-this-site]

(TESTED with RAWs named: 1littoru no namida epXX (704x396 DivX511).avi)
(210.2 KiB) Downloaded 20534 times
Last edited by someperson_12345 on Sat Jul 10, 2010 6:24 am, edited 27 times in total.

bshater

Postby bshater » Thu Dec 18, 2008 3:09 pm

thanks for your effort someperson. the subtitles are actually decent, better than those bootlegs' subtitles on ebay. if this ever gets completed, i'll put them on the retail dvds and upload them here.

Loony

Postby Loony » Thu Dec 18, 2008 6:32 pm

I think this is useful for those who prefer RAW files and softsubs (like me ^_^). But let me say one thing, as I am Italian and I am fluent in Japanese.
Italian softsubs have many mistakes and are not translated directly from Japanese, but from English subs - Kioku's, I assume. Therefore they are a poor traslation of the original... I wonder what reamains of the original sense, translating them into English using Google! O.o'''

EPISODE 5 IS MISSING, There are no seeds on the torrent who have the fan-sub Sad It's coming as soon as I can get it.

I think it's faster with softsubs, right?
Italian softsubs 1-11
Italian softsubs (special)
Italian softsubs (1280x720 version RAWs)
Hope that helps. ^___^

someperson_12345

Postby someperson_12345 » Fri Dec 19, 2008 1:29 am

First posted UPDATED!

(I cleaned up the first post and remove most of the junk)

ALL 11 EPISODES ARE NOW UP :D
(EDIT: Wasn't true when I wrote this, but now it is)

Loony wrote: I think this is useful for those who prefer RAW files and softsubs (like me ^_^). But let me say one thing, as I am Italian and I am fluent in Japanese.
Italian softsubs have many mistakes and are not translated directly from Japanese, but from English subs - Kioku's, I assume. Therefore they are a poor traslation of the original... I wonder what reamains of the original sense, translating them into English using Google! O.o'''

Yeah, I was wondering if anyone was interested in the originals, I have uploaded the Italian subs I used as a SOURCE.

I prefer RAW + Subs over Hard Coded too, but I'm usually not fussed, but when I get a RAW with NO subs, and there are none on the Net, I'm annoyed :P

Loony wrote:
someperson_12345 wrote:EPISODE 5 IS MISSING, There are no seeds on the torrent who have the fan-sub Sad It's coming as soon as I can get it.

I think it's faster with softsubs, right?
Italian softsubs 1-11
Italian softsubs (special)
Italian softsubs (1280x720 version RAWs)
Hope that helps. ^___^

Thanks, but tried on the same torrent I used yesterday and now there ARE seeds :D.
Like I said I downloaded+translated the missing episode.

I was thinking about machine translating the Special, but i think there is already a (good quality?) English Soft Subs on this site. If there is not, please tell me.
(EDIT: Couldn't find any softsubs, so I machine translated and uploaded it)
Last edited by someperson_12345 on Sun Mar 15, 2009 4:08 am, edited 3 times in total.

Akyoku

Postby Akyoku » Tue Jan 06, 2009 7:40 pm

i watched the hard subbed version by Kioku Fansubs...

anyway, i am looking for softsubs for the special (i have seen the italian subs, but i would like english ones)

thx for any help :)

kompoko

Postby kompoko » Tue Feb 24, 2009 10:41 am

forgive me if i say this,
but there's no the subtitle for episode 07 for the english one
i dunno that if there's sth wrong with my pc and i lost the file
so plz, if anyone have the subtitle for this episode, plz update it for me,
i'll really appreciate

reneinaws

Postby reneinaws » Mon Mar 09, 2009 2:12 am

Kompoko,
I did what someperson_12345 did... I used Google translation (and 3 or 4 others) to make the subs for ep. 7. Just finished them, but I'm not sure how to upload them. Guess I'd better so search for the answer, but it you need it, PM me, I'm sure I can e-mail it to you. Let me know.

Rene

Adora2420

Postby Adora2420 » Mon Mar 09, 2009 4:46 am

I've been working on fixing these subtitles for the past few days. Originally I was just going to try and clean up the English a little, but instead I seem to be retranslating and retiming an awful lot so it is taking me much longer than I'd hoped for. I'm pretty happy with the results so far though!

In regards to episode 7 being missing - the subtitles in the zip that are labeled "Episode 5" are actually the subtitles for episode 7. It's really the subtitles for episode 5 that are missing. I didn't realize that at first and ended up running episodes 5 & 7 through Google translation myself. A surprisingly good idea - thank you someperson! ^-^

If I didn't know any Japanese at all I'd have been happy with these subtitles, but with my limited knowledge I *really* wanted to fix them as much as I could. There are still mistakes, things I couldn't understand clearly, so in those cases I've merely fixed the google translation in order to make it as clear as possible. However, I'm doing my best to retranslate directly from the Japanese instead of the google translated subtitles. Huge thanks still go to V-Chan for the majority of the timing - I despise timing! *^^;* I 've altered it a bit in places to make the English as easy as possible to read though. Thanks also to someperson for the google translations, I'd never have thought of it and would never have attempted this without them.

Anyways, I just finished retranslating episode 7 and decided to upload subtitles for both 5 & 7 right now in case anyone is watching the show and needs them sooner rather than later. I'm not completely done tweaking them yet and will probably upload slightly different versions, along with the rest of the subtitles, when (if?) I finish the series! So grab these only if you're in the middle of the series now~ ^-^

Any input or translation corrections on what I've done would be much appreciated~! :mrgreen:

(Moving these to a final version post below!)
Last edited by Adora2420 on Sun Mar 22, 2009 1:34 am, edited 2 times in total.

someperson_12345

Postby someperson_12345 » Mon Mar 09, 2009 7:21 am

Adora2420 wrote:I've been working on fixing these subtitles for the past few days. Originally I was just going to try and clean up the English a little, but instead I seem to be retranslating and retiming an awful lot so it is taking me much longer than I'd hoped for. I'm pretty happy with the results so far though!

In regards to episode 7 being missing - the subtitles in the zip that are labeled "Episode 5" are actually the subtitles for episode 7. It's really the subtitles for episode 5 that are missing. I didn't realize that at first and ended up running episodes 5 & 7 through Google translation myself.

Yeah, thanks for that - I didn't even notice that episodes were still missing/named wrong :blink (I still havent got around to watching the series through using those subs :-( )

Your doing a good job fixing up the crap translations :D My RAWs are pretty horid with the old timings - I havent tried yours yet but hopefully it will be better.

Theres no point if everyone are independently fixing their own subs up without uploading them. Please PLEASE upload YOUR changes to these subs so that other people can benefit from your hard work
:D

Together we can make One Litre of Tears a complete well translated (andl timed) show :D

Adora2420

Postby Adora2420 » Mon Mar 09, 2009 8:06 am

someperson_12345 wrote:Your doing a good job fixing up the crap translations :D My RAWs are pretty horid with the old timings - I havent tried yours yet but hopefully it will be better.

Together we can make One Litre of Tears a complete well translated (andl timed) show :D

Thanks for the kind words~ ^^ I originally started fixing it just for my own peace of mind, but encouragement is always helpful!! I could pretty easily just watch the show and move on and never worry about the subtitles, but it's really such a touching story... it deserves to be understood! *^^;* I haven't actually let myself finish watching the show yet either, I'm subbing it as I go along so I don't just move on to another show~ ^^;

I didn't upload 1-7 yet because when I finish the series I want to double check everything for consistency, but I *HOPE* to be able to upload fixed copies of the whole show by this weekend.

As for the timing... That really is my weak spot! ^^; I can't stand it! So, it still isn't quite as good as I'd like. I'll probably work on it a bit more before I upload them all.

I'm timing them to the version uploaded on here by chiisana_tantei, which appears to be what the Italian version was timed to. So thankfully I don't have to do a *lot* of work to change things. If it turns out that they don't sync with the raws that you have, since I can't offer to sync them for you without driving myself crazy, I'd be happy to reseed it for you! ^^ Just let me know! In the meantime, I'm off to fix episode 8~! ^-^

Thank you again for the encouragement~!!! :wub:

someperson_12345

Postby someperson_12345 » Mon Mar 09, 2009 8:34 am

Adora2420 wrote:As for the timing... That really is my weak spot! ^^; I can't stand it! So, it still isn't quite as good as I'd like. I'll probably work on it a bit more before I upload them all.

I'm timing them to the version uploaded on here by chiisana_tantei, which appears to be what the Italian version was timed to. So thankfully I don't have to do a *lot* of work to change things. If it turns out that they don't sync with the raws that you have, since I can't offer to sync them for you without driving myself crazy, I'd be happy to reseed it for you! ^^ Just let me know! In the meantime, I'm off to fix episode 8~! ^-^

Thank you again for the encouragement~!!! :wub:

Don't mention it :D

BTW, syncing is now my specialty

My RAWs didnt contain the sponsor message, which ruins on the subs i uploaded oringinally after about 5 minutes. I think you may have had the same problem, and fixed it yourself.

It was a pet peeve which i think stopped me from finishing the series, today I finally got around to syncing the subs i originally uploaded with MY RAWs.
The subs you uploaded (5 and 7) worked fine without any syncing with my RAWs if recall correctly.
I'll upload these here, in case will help anyone. If you could upload what you've done so far, I'll double check to see if we have the same timed RAWs.

FIRST POST UPDATED with my properly synced RAWs (+ eps 5,7 by Adora2420), may not work for everyone - please comment if it does/doesnt.

Good job everyone,
and Adora2420, whenever you think your subs are ready, I will place that as the attached download on the top of the page. When you want it done, just ask :-)

someperson_12345

Postby someperson_12345 » Sun Mar 15, 2009 4:20 am

First posted UPDATED!

The SPECIAL is now available

:D So now all 11 episodes AND the Special are now compiled in ENGLISH in a super-special-awesome-mega-ultimate RAR file!!
:D

(Also, the original italian source files are now properly compiled, so thats all 11 subs (+ special) that were used to create the translation)

Adora2420

Postby Adora2420 » Sun Mar 22, 2009 1:47 am

Okay! I think I am finally done editing the subs for this show! I honestly no longer consider them to be "google" or "machine" translated at this point, and they should be reasonably accurate.

As I mentioned before these are timed to the RAWs uploaded here by chiisana_tantei. All episodes have the sponsor messages, so someperson you may have to resynch every episode again for your files. =( I wanted to fix the timing for you but since I've added some lines that weren't in the other version and things like that I can't figure it out without your raws, which I don't have. ; ; Episode 11 you'll want to be extra careful retiming, as there is a sponsor message in the middle of that show too which will probably throw the timing off at a later point than in most other episodes. ; ;

I haven't fully decided if I am going to fix the SP but most likely I will. Thanks for adding it!! Feel free to add these subs to the top if you want, and/or fix the timing to fit other versions of the RAWs! ^^

This is the first time I've messed with subtitling/translating a show in any way, so don't expect perfection, but I'm very happy with it all things considered! ^^; I hope some people will enjoy the subs! ^^
Attachments
1littoru no namida ep01 (704x396 DivX511).srt
1 Liter Of Tears ~ 01 ~ V2.0
(53.42 KiB) Downloaded 1855 times
1littoru no namida ep02 (704x396 DivX511).srt
1 Liter Of Tears ~ 02 ~ V2.0
(41.79 KiB) Downloaded 1038 times
1littoru no namida ep03 (704x396 DivX511).srt
1 Liter Of Tears ~ 03 ~ V2.0
(40.99 KiB) Downloaded 993 times
1littoru no namida ep04 (704x396 DivX511).srt
1 Liter Of Tears ~ 04 ~ V2.0
(38.54 KiB) Downloaded 884 times
1littoru no namida ep05 (704x396 DivX511).srt
1 Liter Of Tears ~ 05 ~ V2.0
(42.54 KiB) Downloaded 1061 times
1littoru no namida ep06 (704x396 DivX511).srt
1 Liter Of Tears ~ 06 ~ V2.0
(43.98 KiB) Downloaded 873 times
1littoru no namida ep07 (704x396 DivX511).srt
1 Liter Of Tears ~ 07 ~ V2.0
(44.73 KiB) Downloaded 899 times
1littoru no namida ep08 (704x396 DivX511).srt
1 Liter Of Tears ~ 08 ~ V2.0
(38.75 KiB) Downloaded 973 times
1littoru no namida ep09 (704x396 DivX511).srt
1 Liter Of Tears ~ 09 ~ V2.0
(40.07 KiB) Downloaded 822 times
1littoru no namida ep10 (704x396 DivX511).srt
1 Liter Of Tears ~ 10 ~ V2.1
(31.98 KiB) Downloaded 939 times
1littoru no namida ep11 finale (704x396 DivX511).srt
1 Liter Of Tears ~ 11 ~ V2.0
(42.01 KiB) Downloaded 1259 times

someperson_12345

Postby someperson_12345 » Sun Mar 22, 2009 5:02 am

First posted UPDATED!

:DAdora2420's awesome subs are now the primary download:D
(Subs synced for my RAWs are also there tucked away, but everyone seems have the D-addicts uploaded RAW)

Adora2420 wrote:Okay! I think I am finally done editing the subs for this show! I honestly no longer consider them to be "google" or "machine" translated at this point, and they should be reasonably accurate.

I agree :D you did a amazing job with the editing. I updated the first page with your subs (timed to your RAWs)

Adora2420 wrote:As I mentioned before these are timed to the RAWs uploaded here by chiisana_tantei. All episodes have the sponsor messages, so someperson you may have to resynch every episode again for your files.

Don't worry, most of my episodes have been properly synced to yours. I fixed the differences and uploaded mine. Since most people seem to have the same RAWs you do, your timings are now the main download. My ones are in a [Spoiler] tag, if anyone has problems with the timings, they will see my alternative download there. :D

I can't believe how well this has turned out, It started as a quick way for me to understand this show, and now it has become a full blown fansub 8)

Adora2420

Postby Adora2420 » Sun Mar 22, 2009 5:35 am

someperson_12345 wrote:I agree :D you did a amazing job with the editing. I updated the first page with your subs (timed to your RAWs)

Thanks so much for the praise and for adding them to the main post~ :wub: I am really excited that I could help make the show a little easier to enjoy!! I still owe you HUGE thanks as I would never have attempted this project without you sharing what you had done for yourself! ^^

I'm glad to know that retiming wasn't a huge problem for you! I was a little worried about that, since I'm not sure how many people are actually looking around for subs at this point. I'd have been sad if it was still a huge nightmare for you to try and watch! Thank you for sharing your retimed version for the people that do have the raws that you have!! I hope you actually get to watch and enjoy the whole show now~!! It's a good one~ ^-^

I made a minor edit to 1 line in episode 10. I've spent the last week doing minor changes and honestly hoped to be done with them, but the main reason I didn't zip everything was in case I did find more things I want to change. So for the sake of reference everything I uploaded started as V2.0, if you see that number go up I've changed something but any changes should be fairly minor. Watching the series actually inspired me to order her diary, so there's some chance that seeing written Japanese for certain lines will lead me to make more changes in the future, but I am going to try and keep the edits to a minimum!

Although if anyone notices anything they feel should be corrected I'd be quite grateful to know about it and will update as I see fit in that case!! ^-^
Last edited by Adora2420 on Sun Mar 22, 2009 6:14 am, edited 2 times in total.

someperson_12345

Postby someperson_12345 » Sun Mar 22, 2009 6:05 am

Adora2420 wrote: Watching the series actually inspired me to order her diary, so there's some chance that seeing written Japanese for certain lines will lead me to make more changes in the future, but I am going to try and keep the edits to a minimum!

Although if anyone notices anything they feel should be corrected I'd be quite grateful to know about it and will update as I see fit in that case!! ^-^

Update it as much as it needs :D, The only episodes I would have to re sync for myself are 2,3,4, which I can do in a few minutes now (I can sorta remember how much each needs to be delayed to be synced perfectly to mine).

Other than those eps, most of your timings are the same as mine.

I feel now that these subs have been completed, the only thing left to do are maybe those minor edits, but I'm very happy that now anyone, with absolutely no understanding of Japanese can watch this series through and get a very good understanding :D.

Adora2420

Postby Adora2420 » Sun Mar 22, 2009 6:26 am

someperson_12345 wrote:The only episodes I would have to re sync for myself are 2,3,4.

I am glad you don't have to go through too much work~! ^^ If I make any changes in the future I will try and update your version as well, since they should (hopefully) be minor changes I can do without needing to retime anything~ ^^

I looked at the timing text you included in the zip. The second set of sponsor messages in episode 11 occur at 34:37 in the version that I have, so should occur within a minute of that time if they are in your version - which I assume they aren't. Most likely the timing will fall out of sync again in that episode around then for people who aren't using chiisana_tantei's raws. You can search "V-chan" in the sub file to jump directly to that point to fix the timing / remove subtitles there if need be~ ^-^

someperson_12345 wrote:I'm very happy that now anyone, with absolutely no understanding of Japanese can watch this series through and get a very good understanding. :D

I'm really happy about this as well~! :-) It's a good show and deserved a decent set of soft subs! I'm glad that I was able to work on it~ Now I just hope there are still people around with the raws who want to see the show~! :lol

someperson_12345

Postby someperson_12345 » Sun Mar 22, 2009 7:41 am

Adora2420 wrote:I looked at the timing text you included in the zip. The second set of sponsor messages in episode 11 occur at 34:37 in the version that I have, so should occur within a minute of that time if they are in your version - which I assume they aren't. Most likely the timing will fall out of sync again in that episode around then for people who aren't using chiisana_tantei's raws. You can search "V-chan" in the sub file to jump directly to that point to fix the timing / remove subtitles there if need be~ ^-^

I looked again, my subs do contain the second sponsor message on episode 11, it's all good :-). I think most people's subs WOULD contain the second sponsor msg, most subs i have come across usually contain it...

BTW, Don't worry about my subs, I can fix them myself very easily - after all it's just 3 episodes that are different.

bshater

Postby bshater » Sun May 17, 2009 4:16 pm

Thank you someperson, for initiating this whole softsubs project, and Adora for the awesome editing. the subtitles are really good.

As a token of my gratitude, please visit asiandvdclub.org (registration is free) to download this retail series (6 discs) with these softsubs. im not sure if d-addicts permits dvd-r torrent, but if they do, I will upload them onto this tracker after all is done at ADC.

ownagepwnage

Postby ownagepwnage » Sun Nov 15, 2009 11:06 pm

can anyone possibly retime the subtitles for the hd raws posted by sesam??

bluesilo

Postby bluesilo » Mon Nov 16, 2009 1:48 am

I just downloaded the first episode and checked the sub made by the OP.

It's the sponsor messages that throw the timing off. I deleted the commercial messages and then shifted the timing by -15.2 seconds or so (after the sponsor messages) and it seems to work OK (only did a spot check. Haven't watched the episode yet).

I don't know what is the etiquette for modifying other's sub and post it up here.

So I apologize for crossing the line here.
Attachments
1 Litre of Tears ep01 (1280x720 WMV9).srt
(53.09 KiB) Downloaded 665 times

ownagepwnage

Postby ownagepwnage » Mon Nov 16, 2009 3:07 am

yea nvm i figured it out, basically whereever the sponser message is, u delay everything 15s, that should work

Triks

Postby Triks » Sun Nov 22, 2009 2:33 pm

Can anyone re-translate the subtitle for "special" ? Because i think it's abit off and quite difficult to understand what they're saying. :D

And thanks for all this softsub i really appreciate it :-)
Last edited by Triks on Tue Nov 24, 2009 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Visit us HERE

goygakgoy

Postby goygakgoy » Tue Nov 24, 2009 1:15 am

thank u so much..i always watched the small hardsubs...my eyes will not hurt no more.

mtranweezy

Postby mtranweezy » Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:34 pm

ownagepwnage wrote:can anyone possibly retime the subtitles for the hd raws posted by sesam??

yes me too please :-(

bwo_j

Postby bwo_j » Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:01 pm

Subtitles for Sesam's 1 Litre of Tears HD Raws Ep 01-11End

1. Retimed
2. Corrected 'liter' -> 'litre'
3. Corrected 'cel phone' -> 'cell phone'

Special: Original sub timing is correct, juz need someone to step forward n perfect e translation. :-)

Credits to V-chan, Adora2420 & someperson_12345. Please give them (all the subbers & timers) tribute, not me.

If this retimed posting is against e rules, please let me know then I will take it off.
Attachments
1 Litre of Tears (1280x720 RAW) (Ep01-11End).zip
Subtitles for Sesam's 1 Litre of Tears HD Raws Ep 01-11End

Credits to V-chan, Adora2420 & someperson_12345. Please give them (all the subbers & timers) tribute, not me.
(173 KiB) Downloaded 9274 times

mtranweezy

Postby mtranweezy » Thu Dec 17, 2009 7:01 pm

thanks alot to you and them :)!

k361
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby k361 » Wed Dec 23, 2009 11:28 pm

Thank for the subs.

zcold

w00t

Postby zcold » Thu Dec 24, 2009 4:54 pm

thanks for the subs, good thing I checked the second page...was just about to upload my own fixed timed subs for the 1280 RAW..

thanks for this

good thing I only did the first ep.. lol

someperson_12345

Postby someperson_12345 » Sat Jul 10, 2010 6:16 am

It's cool that people have improved the subtitles. Really nice that bwo_j has retimed the subtitles for Sesam's high def RAWs. Thankyou. I'll put a link to your retimed version on the first post of this thread.

I'm sorry to say this was kind of a test - a social experiment. Of course I wanted to see One Litre of Tears with English softsubs - but I also wanted to see if a wiki-style collaborative effort works with translation. And it seems it does. My idea was to have an automated (google) translated subtitle used as a template to reduce the barriers for users to work together and fix up the grammar and retranslate portions, producing a quality translation.

I was really happy to see that people even went one step further and retimed the subtitles when a new HD version was released.

This method can be automated much more, I didn't mind putting in effort to "seed" this translation, since it was a show I enjoyed. But I think it has been shown that there really is a need for a web-based subtitle editor that uses humans to edit a machine translated copy nicely, wiki-style (wiki-style in the sense of collaboration, not in the sense of using crappy editor). I hope somebody makes this in the future, hell maybe I'll have a crack one day. There is a goldmine of already soft-subtitles of Japanese video out there, I'd expect them to be mostly in European languages, Korean and Chinese. These are already timed and (with a really nice interface) can be an easiest way to churn out a machine translated subtitle file, which users then build on and improve. I think YouTube is in a great situation to implement something like this.

Sorry for that rant :lol but I hope it's not lost on you that you have contributed to what will probably one day become a pillar of translating online video.

Anyway thanks again. I hope these sorts of threads will happen more around the internet, translating obscure works to different languages an finally bringing an end to hardcoded-only subtitles once and for all~~!

foxtail

Postby foxtail » Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:11 pm

I've started watching a bit it seemed to be a good one to me, thank you very much for subbing this drama :)

roronoa_fr

Postby roronoa_fr » Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:24 am

thanks ;)

goygakgoy

Postby goygakgoy » Mon Dec 13, 2010 2:41 am

do you guys know where to get raw videos?

Klance88

Postby Klance88 » Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:46 am

Excellent work on subbing this classic jdrama!
Very clean nearly error free subbing!

Balafenn

Postby Balafenn » Sun Mar 18, 2012 2:08 pm

Tried to download the subs from the first comment, and it worked, but when I tried to unzip it, WinRAR told me the file was empty. And no matter how many times I download, it's always the same. Could you please fix this ?
I downloaded the 1 to 11 subs on the other post (from Andora2420), but I'm missing the SP sub.

Eowyn24

Postby Eowyn24 » Mon Jun 11, 2012 4:32 pm

the timing of the subs is awful for ep01 just so you know. I would watch like.. 8mins of then the subs went werid. I had to stop to fix the subs...

k361
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby k361 » Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:59 pm

@Eowyn24: There are different subtitle files (for different RAWs) in this thread.
Did you try them all?

Eowyn24

Postby Eowyn24 » Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:41 pm

k361 wrote:@Eowyn24: There are different subtitle files (for different RAWs) in this thread.
Did you try them all?

Ah yeah sorry. I found the right subs after I had posted my comment. I'm really sorry.

Eowyn24

Postby Eowyn24 » Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:07 pm

bwo_j wrote:Subtitles for Sesam's 1 Litre of Tears HD Raws Ep 01-11End

1. Retimed
2. Corrected 'liter' -> 'litre'
3. Corrected 'cel phone' -> 'cell phone'

Special: Original sub timing is correct, juz need someone to step forward n perfect e translation. :-)

If this retimed posting is against e rules, please let me know then I will take it off.

Do you have any subs for the special episode? The only one I could find is machine translated..
Sorry if I'm being annoying.

unknown12341234

Postby unknown12341234 » Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:41 am

Thank You :)

PN

Postby PN » Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:23 pm

Thanks for these subs

eeto

Postby eeto » Fri May 17, 2013 9:55 am

Thank You!

Kyouki_

Re: One Litre of Tears [Eng Subs] (Complete + SP)

Postby Kyouki_ » Thu Feb 19, 2015 7:21 pm

Thank you so much for subbing this, have put of watching this for so long, but now that I'm watching it I'm grateful for the subs.

greysinister

Postby greysinister » Sun Apr 19, 2015 7:09 pm

Can anyone give me the link to the video? This page: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=79678#p1238493 doesn't have the link to the torrent file. Thank you.

heat6jones

Postby heat6jones » Wed May 11, 2016 3:46 pm

The subtitles on the special are horrible and make no sense. 8)

Hockeyend

Postby Hockeyend » Tue May 17, 2016 10:33 pm

heat6jones wrote:The subtitles on the special are horrible and make no sense. 8)

It shows the huge amount of effort Adora2420 placed on those subs. As an Italian I can still understand the special subs (though at that point I'd just use this version), but basically they need hours of editing, Google mistook a lot of words, especially the ones with hyphens or accented letters.

Return to “Subtitles”