groinkcaps shutting down ALL torrents

Talk about the culture and entertainment from Nihon.
User avatar
groink
Posts: 3218
Joined: Mon Dec 08, 2003 3:58 am
Location: Pearl City, Hawaii

groinkcaps shutting down ALL torrents

Postby groink » Tue May 27, 2008 8:57 pm

Some jackass from the Netherlands created an account on Veoh with the name "Groinkk" and are uploading my captures. On every one of my uploads, I stated that I do not want my caps uploaded to any streaming site. And if I did find any, I would shut down groinkcaps.

Well, the time has come... As of right now, I'll be deleting ALL my torrents from the D-Addicts tracker. **** assholes just have a boner to upload someone else's **** regardless of what happens to the rest of the community. I'm not going to sit around and try to comprehend why.

EDIT: I've just now removed all the torrents. I kept two torrents as they're not actually my rips. This does not mean everyone can go nuts and start uploading my caps onto the streaming sites. But even if people did so, at least the videos are not on D-Addicts.

I've been wanting to bail for quite some time, and this is now the time. Uploading can be addicting as I've found. I will never for the rest of my life understand why people have a compulsive need to upload the works of others. Money grubbing assholes like Shinji build mafia-like business models and allow copyrighted material to be streamed off his servers, and to pressure these companies into becoming partners. But impersonating someone else is beyond that of a normal thinking human being. I don't want to be a part of these people's empires. I'll now put the focus I've wasted here back on my company and work on boosting my IT certifications.

--- groink
Last edited by groink on Tue May 27, 2008 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1. Always read FAQs for a given forum before posting.
2. Read the first few posts in a topic before posting.
3. Speak using complete English words.
4. The Internet is international. Respect regional and cultural values.

User avatar
melica37
Posts: 649
Joined: Tue May 09, 2006 5:38 am
Location: The Emerald City

Postby melica37 » Tue May 27, 2008 9:09 pm

That is pretty crazy with that person not only uploading your captures but using your avatar and everything. Some people are not to be believed!

Thanks for all you've shared...

User avatar
Corona
Posts: 205
Joined: Tue Sep 20, 2005 11:19 am
Location: Netherlands

Postby Corona » Tue May 27, 2008 9:29 pm

Is there anyway you could get Veoh to take them down, darn I hate impersonators.

Thanks a lot fellow countryman/woman *not* :cussing:
Image

kikot84
Posts: 8
Joined: Tue May 20, 2008 4:04 am

Postby kikot84 » Thu May 29, 2008 9:49 pm

sad! but thank you so much for everything though. I understand your frustration.

User avatar
Elien
Posts: 204
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2007 8:48 pm
Location: Mordor

Postby Elien » Thu May 29, 2008 10:01 pm

Corona wrote:Is there anyway you could get Veoh to take them down

I wrote about it on the forum there, dont know what happend after :glare:

Thanks Groink for everything 8)
Image
Of course I´m sane, when trees start talking to me, I don´t talk back.

Nanashi No Gonbey
Posts: 975
Joined: Mon Nov 14, 2005 4:25 pm
Location: Oshu , Japan

Postby Nanashi No Gonbey » Thu May 29, 2008 10:53 pm

I for one will be sorry to see you go. You have been a great insperation to me as well to others who decided to support d-addicts.

I wish you nothing but the best in your future projects.

Again Thanks

Nanashi no Gonbey

ooijanice
Posts: 257
Joined: Sun May 09, 2004 12:16 pm

Postby ooijanice » Thu May 29, 2008 11:11 pm

That is sooo sad :-( but you will be still around D -Addicts, right?
Thanks for sharing all your hardwork with us Groink. :salut:
We appreciate your comments and views too you know.
Please dont disappear totally from us. :-)

User avatar
reynardine
Posts: 100
Joined: Thu Jan 11, 2007 8:05 pm

Postby reynardine » Fri May 30, 2008 11:30 am

Man, I'm sorry to hear this. It was your caps of Toshiie to Matsu (that my husband got off of usenet years ago) that first got me hooked on Taiga Dramas, and I've enjoyed the series you've shared with us. It sucks that a few people who can't follow simple rules ruins things for everyone else. Good luck to you.

knuts
Posts: 468
Joined: Sat Aug 13, 2005 8:43 pm

Postby knuts » Sat May 31, 2008 4:29 pm

What?! People will not be able to dl and see Kono Yo No Hate anymore?
What a loss for those people. So sorry to hear you are leaving d-addicts? are you?
I count myself very lucky that I could get and enjoy some of your uploads. Not sure whether I have got them all. Anyway, thank you very much. Aaahhh...are you really leaving us? You can keep posting, right? Who can take your place, with your knowledge and experience?

User avatar
Drazic
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 426
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2006 2:28 pm
Contact:

Postby Drazic » Sat May 31, 2008 5:04 pm

The reason for why you dont want your rips on streaming is a problem you created yourself. You wanting credit for your work and pasting your site over the whole thing.

Let's just assume people from TBS or whatever else dont know about your site or d-addicts and would only know about your rips when it's uploaded on streaming. (highly doubt it). The only way for them to know the rips uploaded on veoh/youtube would be to look at your site url pasted over the whole ep.

But assuming that would be weird, Why would everyone be able to use google except the people from TBS?

I agree that they probably care more about streaming but so far that meant they only removed the streaming. Assuming they dont know about d-addicts/your site without streaming is just weird.

You still did good work but wanting to control everything that happened with your rips just killed it imo. (how would people reply if someone like gryzze didnt allow streaming or people hardsubbing the raws he uploaded? And i know it would be hard to control, it's just an example =P)

User avatar
Hanjae
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 140
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2005 12:54 pm
Contact:

Postby Hanjae » Sat May 31, 2008 5:25 pm

^lol, Netherlands.

The point is, Groink capped them, so they're his caps. If he says don't upload them, then you don't upload them. If he doesn't like them on streaming, then he has a right to say no because he capped them. It's as simple as that.

If *insert name of choice here* decided not to allow streaming or people hardsubbing uploads, then it's his/her decision to make, and leechers like you can either take it or leave it.

pokute
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 1290
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2005 10:15 pm

Postby pokute » Sat May 31, 2008 5:33 pm

I, for one, will NOT be sorry to see you go... You are historically the biggest **** at D-Addicts, and have driven away more people than any other troll in the history of this place. Good riddance!

ethidda
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 625
Joined: Fri Feb 16, 2007 1:51 am
Contact:

Postby ethidda » Sat May 31, 2008 5:46 pm

Hanjae wrote:The point is, Groink capped them, so they're his caps. If he says don't upload them, then you don't upload them. If he doesn't like them on streaming, then he has a right to say no because he capped them. It's as simple as that.

If *insert name of choice here* decided not to allow streaming or people hardsubbing uploads, then it's his/her decision to make, and leechers like you can either take it or leave it.


Yes, and if he wants to throw a tantrum like a 5 year old, he can throw a tantrum like a 5 year old. (And he does quite a good job of it, apparently, even though I had thought that he was a grown man. *shrugs*) He already says that he wanted to stop putting up his caps, so really anything would've been an excuse for him.

Besides a jackass is a jackass... But if groink actually cared about the community as much as he seems to claim he does, then he wouldn't let one jackass dictate for the whole community. There is no such thing as perfection, and asking for every single person in a community to be a certain way... even a simpleton would know that is not feasible, and I had not thought that groink is a simpleton, whatever else he may be.

So now he's going to focus on his bootlegging company, selling his tv captures to make money. May I humbly point out that that is completely illegal? In fact, I know that on d-a, we do not welcome bootleggers and bash them quite venomously. Is groink going to be one of those people now?

User avatar
bugsie
Posts: 576
Joined: Sat Jul 02, 2005 12:16 pm

Postby bugsie » Sat May 31, 2008 6:15 pm

pokute wrote:I, for one, will NOT be sorry to see you go... You are historically the biggest **** at D-Addicts, and have driven away more people than any other troll in the history of this place. Good riddance!

Shouted and Dugged. But I must say, he's only second to the BIGGEST of them all.
Confused? Go FAQ yourself!








Last edited by bugsie on Thu Jun 18, 2006 12:00 am; edited 998 times in total

User avatar
abcd99
Posts: 1565
Joined: Thu Mar 23, 2006 1:57 am
Contact:

Postby abcd99 » Sat May 31, 2008 6:36 pm

Well, I, for one, think that we need some "assholes" in D-A. There are too many newbies and ingrates that don't know their place and these "assholes" are good to keep these folks at bay.

I really do feel groink's pain. I know that good will is often misused by others. In community, we need to give and take. Yet in this community, the "takers" far far far outweigh the "givers". Even so, the "takers" are ingrates. They often insult the "givers" and take the gifts for granted. That's sad.

User avatar
Elien
Posts: 204
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2007 8:48 pm
Location: Mordor

Postby Elien » Sat May 31, 2008 6:38 pm

well, veoh is shut for almost whole europe and arabian countries starting today, so cant tell what will happen next..
Image

Of course I´m sane, when trees start talking to me, I don´t talk back.

User avatar
Keiko1981
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 7910
Joined: Sun Apr 09, 2006 11:27 am
Location: Sweden
Contact:

Postby Keiko1981 » Sat May 31, 2008 6:43 pm

abcd99 wrote:Well, I, for one, think that we need some "assholes" in D-A. There are too many newbies and ingrates that don't know their place and these "assholes" are good to keep these folks at bay.


I agree with this. He may not be liked by everyone but I think it's interesting to hear what he has to say.
I'd like to thank Groink for the dramas that he provied D-Addicts during this time.
Gifted Ones | Twitter | UL @ Nyaa | MyDramaList.com
Subbing: Inochi, Kamisama..., Oshin, Seoul 1945
Where to find dramas & subtitles

User avatar
SSpiegel
Posts: 497
Joined: Fri Oct 26, 2007 10:52 pm
Location: Finland

Postby SSpiegel » Sat May 31, 2008 10:44 pm

pokute wrote:I, for one, will NOT be sorry to see you go... You are historically the biggest **** at D-Addicts, and have driven away more people than any other troll in the history of this place. Good riddance!


While I'm not really into personal attacks like this, I have to agree. I've read his rasist, narrow-minded, "omniscient" and nasty comments all around the forums.

Well, I, for one, think that we need some "assholes" in D-A. There are too many newbies and ingrates that don't know their place and these "assholes" are good to keep these folks at bay.


So, because there are people who aren't familiar how things work and have poor understanding of English and technical matters, the only solution for us is to be nasty to them?
I understand some of them are ignorant leechers that keep demanding and taking, but there are exceptions. "Assholes" don't seem to see the difference.
Image

User avatar
abcd99
Posts: 1565
Joined: Thu Mar 23, 2006 1:57 am
Contact:

Postby abcd99 » Sun Jun 01, 2008 2:03 am

SSpiegel wrote:So, because there are people who aren't familiar how things work and have poor understanding of English and technical matters, the only solution for us is to be nasty to them? I understand some of them are ignorant leechers that keep demanding and taking, but there are exceptions. "Assholes" don't seem to see the difference.


No. It's one of the solutions. It might not be "the best", but it is very expedient. I'm sure those who spouted "please give me the english sub for this drama!" or the like will remember "these assholes" rather fondly. I believe people who aren't familiar on how things work ought to look at Help (FAQ) link first and observe. Those who post comments willy-nilly without reading such instructions, in my humble opinion, deserve the wrath of the community. Though I understand that some friendly reminder would be more than enough, I've seen so many repeat offenders in my two-year tenure in D-Addicts that I arrived to my aforementioned conclusion.

I did cross words with him at some point, mind you, but I believe he is still reasonable in his arguments. I suppose his rather snarky comments should offend no one, except perhaps some rather touchy-feely people.

User avatar
gnossienneslent
Posts: 79
Joined: Thu Mar 06, 2008 7:23 pm
Location: Tokyo
Contact:

Postby gnossienneslent » Sun Jun 01, 2008 7:17 am

Dear GroinKy,

Oh! You didn't tell me you were having a retirement party! I see you have attracted your fair share of detractors, but I can't say it's really undeserved.

Well I was under the assumption that the K was for an alternate for C in caps, or Groin Kaps. Imitation being the highest form of flattery, that would make your Flying Dutchman on Veoh Groin Kaps' Kaps. Seriously, I'm not really sure I understand the indignation. You are upset because someone took something they stored electronically from a free source and is posting them on the internet? Isn't that the same thing you are doing? You are just closer to the source. (It's not like you even have to translate it.) You want to claim ownership of these shows you got for free that belong to someone else? I'm not sure, but I think all those show still belong to TBS, NHK, or whatever station that spent the money to create them, even if they have been broadcast. If you hang onto them for about 50 years they might fall into the public domain and you would have some rights to reproduce and sell them. I read your little site and I can't really tell if you are talking about yourself or someone else. It's really delicious irony.

Except the few people in Somalia or Laos or the few other countries that have not signed international copyright agreement treaties, everyone using this site is something of a thief. But people here frown on people making money on what's available here for free. People volunteer their time to put together subs and volunteer their equipment and connection to give to others. If everyone here took the attitude that you did then this place would fall apart. You were sharing something that people could share with each other, but you didn't want them to share it somewhere else. Ironically you were advocating on another thread that someone with limited monthly downloads should watch the show they want on sites you don't want your caps to be loaded onto.

To be honest, I think you are very jealous of Shinji. You have the technical knowledge to put that together and you have your own content and access to free content that would allow the site to grow. You are even violating copyright laws and distributing content you don't own. You just weren't clever enough to figure out how to keep yourself from getting sued. Get all the little fankids to post to your site and then you only have to take it down when someone notices. Big money for what was free.

I know you have a Hello Kitty habit to support, but selling a 250GB hard drive (which retail for less than US$100 now) for US$500 with a show on it seems silly (sure it's a 300 episode that was the most popular Japanese drama of all time, but still). I mean you were ranting about the markup on shipping that gingertoys2 was making on e-bay from 60 cents to $3. (For those of you slow in math, that's the exact same mark-up.)

I think your behavior and your bootlegging was tolerated because of the contributions you made, but if you have withdrawn those contributions then people here don't have any reason to excuse you. To misquote abcdefg, you, "in my humble opinion, deserve the wrath of the community" if you choose to abandon it. I agree that by seeking recognition and labeling your videos you do as much harm as the person uploading them. If you and everyone else here were a little less egocentric then there would be a better chance at keeping a low profile.

There are plenty of leachers out there and a core group of people that contribute a great deal to this site. If you want to pull out that's fine, but you are delusional to think that you have been betrayed. I think more than anything you've pissed people off by leaving with this kind of attitude.

I'll probably miss you myself, but my masochistic tendencies don't run deep enough to beg.

Much love and kisses from the lucid green fairy
BadasSubs, For the Hello of it™
Selectively recruiting
©Jane Doe
Subject to terms and availability.

SPQd-a

nikochanr3
Posts: 675
Joined: Fri Apr 22, 2005 2:48 am
Location: NY

Postby nikochanr3 » Tue Jun 03, 2008 3:04 pm

Everyone who ever sees me posts now that i love anyone who spends even a fraction of their time posting. And i feel for Groink, i really do. but anyone who saw his posts KNOWS that this was coming, and was planned, even from the first moment they got posted. So i never downloaded, cause i knew Groink would leave, middle fingers in teh air, FTW!

So why i feel Groink is 100% justified in what he's doing i do feel a little for the people who really liked what you posted, don't have it anymore, and had ntohing to do with streaming, and would totally help u if they could.

just my take...
Please visit my homepage! :w00t: [url=http://nikochanr3.blogspot.com/[/url]

AIM me at Nikochanr3 if you like. I''''m bored.

thelefteyeguy
Posts: 44
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2005 6:07 pm

Postby thelefteyeguy » Tue Jun 03, 2008 4:23 pm

looks like the posted videos are no longer displayed on veoh

User avatar
Akiramike
Posts: 1355
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2004 6:55 pm
Location: Melbourne
Contact:

Postby Akiramike » Thu Jun 05, 2008 10:15 pm

Groink, thanks for all the shows you've uploaded over the years. Was hoping you'd finish Under the Same Roof. :( Whatever people's opinion of Groink, he has contributed a lot to English jdorama watchers.
http://hamsapsukebe.blogspot.com - ramblings of a jobless bum

Takekaze
Posts: 99
Joined: Sat Oct 07, 2006 8:13 am

Postby Takekaze » Mon Jun 09, 2008 5:38 am

SSpiegel wrote:So, because there are people who aren't familiar how things work and have poor understanding of English and technical matters, the only solution for us is to be nasty to them?
I understand some of them are ignorant leechers that keep demanding and taking, but there are exceptions. "Assholes" don't seem to see the difference.

You do realize that none of the points you've mentioned is an excuse for the behavior of some of the noobs around?
Not being familiar with how things work? Read the rules, read the FAQs, ask (in a civilized manner).
Poor understanding of English? Sit down and learn it properly. I'm not a native speaker of the English language, I sat down and learned it, period. A couple of years later I'm almost fluent and yes, learning a language properly takes a couple of years. It takes dedication... oh wait, how can I demand dedication, it's one of the modern Seven Sins.
Technical matters? Read the FAQs or ask nicely.

It's all there on the board, just get off your ass and do something yourself. But no, instead people make annoying posts where they scream and moan and then try to excuse themselves with "I'm new". Sorry... no way. I hate people who want everything done by others while showing little to no initiative themselves.

See, that's the problem. There are too many noobs around, but too little newbs. Newbs are a good thing, they ask, they learn, they can grow into good community members when given proper care. Noobs, however, will always stay morons, no matter how long they are around or how many posts they have. And honestly, when I read some of the threads in the subtitle forum, then I must say: who let all the noobs out? Yeah, I stopped being nice to them, because "nice" won't get you anywhere and it won't get the damn point across. Sometimes you have to pull the ugly stick and give someone a damn good thrashing.

Now, as for groink... I'll miss his uploads. Thank you for all those great uploads, groink. But, he stated his own rules, some people don't give a crap about them... well... I understand his reaction. I guess I'd do the same.

Pokute, Keiko1981, abcd99 and bugsie... can I be the biggest **** now? Who do I have to kill for it?

User avatar
blamvitaburst
Posts: 34
Joined: Fri Oct 20, 2006 7:21 pm
Location: USA

Postby blamvitaburst » Mon Jun 09, 2008 9:08 am

To be perfectly blunt, not everyone *can* watch videos outside of streaming sites, and it seems like some subbers are even embracing streaming sites as methods for the distribution of their work. Not that this excuses anyone from stealing someone else's identity or work, but there is a real reason for the popularity of streamed videos that shouldn't just be dismissed offhand. The existence of these streaming sites and the ability for people unconnected to the original subbing/uploading process to post videos on them is something that should be approached with a more levelheaded outlook than you seem to be representative of if a community like this wants to continue to thrive as technology and general internet etiquette evolve through the years.

A fact of life when you're involved in transmitting someone else's original work to other people who do not normally have access to it (as is done here) is that your control over the original product is tenuous and situation-specific at best. You'll have an aneurysm if you let every misuse of the product you've passed along lead to feelings of being personally insulted (especially when the vast majority of the community is still acting in accordance with your demands, respecting your contribution, and so forth). Those who violate the general social contract that has been put in place in terms of how videos are distributed can still be dealt with to some extent through the actions available to any internet user (especially one with the support of an entire internet community like this one).

I also don't understand how you can claim some kind of special ownership over TV captures. I understand subbers wanting to keep their subtitles contained to their chosen means of distribution since it was their hard work that created the subbed file information, but weren't your captures only captures of someone else's subbing work to begin with? I don't remember very well since it's been years since I visited your site, but everything I've read on here and all of my hazy memories leave me with the impression that you're trying to lay claim to something that you did not directly create in any sense, and that now you may possibly sell it on DVD to other people (or have possibly *already* sold it).

If you do plan on selling TV captures on DVDs, then you're pretty much breeching the largely unspoken social contract we have with the original creators of the shows that results in communities like this being allowed to stay active even though they pass other people's original work around without any direct profits being sent back to the original creators. Communities like this do serve the purpose of getting larger audiences involved in what was at one point only a niche interest beyond the country of origin (as was the case for anime, I believe, and isn't that community still allowed to sub and disseminate works that have not yet been "licensed" since it helps distributors gauge market interest?) and, with this in mind, communities largely stay functional in the face of extreme copyright infringement by preventing anyone from profiting through the capturing or subbing of media. You might be doing worse to the community by selling DVDs like this than anyone who casually uploads a video to a streaming website, really, unless my knowledge of the evils of streaming video is lacking.

People stealing other people's online identities *is*, however, something of a big deal since it has to do with personal integrity and so forth, and I can see how that would piss you off. But, you can't possibly be using that as an excuse to sell your TV captures on DVD and think that that's okay, can you?
I know people who professionally caption and subtitle TV shows for television networks, and I doubt they'd be very happy about you laying claim to their work as it *seems* you are doing since they work hard to create a final product just like any subtitling group on *this* website has done, and that does not even speak to how the original production crews of the TV shows would feel in knowing that someone is profiting from their effort in such a way.

Correct me if I'm wrong in saying any of this or if you aren't in fact planning on selling your captures, but that's what it looks like to someone who is largely impartial in terms of this situation and who is stumbling about between these websites looking at the information available.

User avatar
sungie
Posts: 585
Joined: Sun Nov 26, 2006 1:00 pm
Contact:

Postby sungie » Mon Jun 09, 2008 9:31 am

Corona wrote:Is there anyway you could get Veoh to take them down, darn I hate impersonators.


When it's Veoh it's far from being easy. I had issues with STORMY team sub, and it took over a month to get the files down. That was a result of spamming their e-mail and proving the uploader didn't own rights to those vids.

User avatar
Sanrein
Posts: 34
Joined: Sun Mar 09, 2008 1:06 pm
Contact:

Postby Sanrein » Thu Jul 03, 2008 5:47 am

gnossienneslent wrote:Dear GroinKy,

Oh! You didn't tell me you were having a retirement party! I see you have attracted your fair share of detractors, but I can't say it's really undeserved.

Well I was under the assumption that the K was for an alternate for C in caps, or Groin Kaps. Imitation being the highest form of flattery, that would make your Flying Dutchman on Veoh Groin Kaps' Kaps. Seriously, I'm not really sure I understand the indignation. You are upset because someone took something they stored electronically from a free source and is posting them on the internet? Isn't that the same thing you are doing? You are just closer to the source. (It's not like you even have to translate it.) You want to claim ownership of these shows you got for free that belong to someone else? I'm not sure, but I think all those show still belong to TBS, NHK, or whatever station that spent the money to create them, even if they have been broadcast. If you hang onto them for about 50 years they might fall into the public domain and you would have some rights to reproduce and sell them. I read your little site and I can't really tell if you are talking about yourself or someone else. It's really delicious irony.

Except the few people in Somalia or Laos or the few other countries that have not signed international copyright agreement treaties, everyone using this site is something of a thief. But people here frown on people making money on what's available here for free. People volunteer their time to put together subs and volunteer their equipment and connection to give to others. If everyone here took the attitude that you did then this place would fall apart. You were sharing something that people could share with each other, but you didn't want them to share it somewhere else. Ironically you were advocating on another thread that someone with limited monthly downloads should watch the show they want on sites you don't want your caps to be loaded onto.

To be honest, I think you are very jealous of Shinji. You have the technical knowledge to put that together and you have your own content and access to free content that would allow the site to grow. You are even violating copyright laws and distributing content you don't own. You just weren't clever enough to figure out how to keep yourself from getting sued. Get all the little fankids to post to your site and then you only have to take it down when someone notices. Big money for what was free.

I know you have a Hello Kitty habit to support, but selling a 250GB hard drive (which retail for less than US$100 now) for US$500 with a show on it seems silly (sure it's a 300 episode that was the most popular Japanese drama of all time, but still). I mean you were ranting about the markup on shipping that gingertoys2 was making on e-bay from 60 cents to $3. (For those of you slow in math, that's the exact same mark-up.)

I think your behavior and your bootlegging was tolerated because of the contributions you made, but if you have withdrawn those contributions then people here don't have any reason to excuse you. To misquote abcdefg, you, "in my humble opinion, deserve the wrath of the community" if you choose to abandon it. I agree that by seeking recognition and labeling your videos you do as much harm as the person uploading them. If you and everyone else here were a little less egocentric then there would be a better chance at keeping a low profile.

There are plenty of leachers out there and a core group of people that contribute a great deal to this site. If you want to pull out that's fine, but you are delusional to think that you have been betrayed. I think more than anything you've pissed people off by leaving with this kind of attitude.

I'll probably miss you myself, but my masochistic tendencies don't run deep enough to beg.

Much love and kisses from the lucid green fairy



Very well said. I couldn't have done better.

uchinanchuu
Posts: 35
Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2010 2:15 pm
Location: Ryu Kyu

Postby uchinanchuu » Sat Jan 02, 2010 2:49 pm

Dear Groink,

At first I'll give my thanks to you for recording and uploading several taiga dramas.

Secondly I must express my regret about somebody not following the rules. Which resulted in your abrupt 'departure'.

But... I cannot help but to say that simply recording off TV is not 'that' much work. It's actually not much in comparison to the work of fansubbers. These guys have done real 'own' work.

Labeling a TV-Rip of a show which has already been subbed by pros as own work is a little bit too much, don't think? And I'm not yet talking about your selling business. Thus I believe you're quite overreacting. (though i admit it sucks if an impersonator tramples around...)

Now your little business... I actually whould not mind somebody reselling a harddisk with a load of dramas on it, if it's not about profit. Take the price of the harddrive and shippingfees plus a little charge for other expenses like electricity. And maybe little for the wearout of your computerassets. But those charges shouldn't be much more than ten bucks per hd. That whould be a reasonable price.
If you start to make profits it gets far beyond any semi-legal interpretation. Plus that places anybody who shares here and all the fansubbers in jeopardy. BTW... You're paying income-taxes on your business, right?

One could get the thought that at one point in your impressive sharing-career here (for which everybody here is grateful) you've been corrupted and tasted the sweetness of "selling" and "profit". Thus continuing to use d-addicts as platform for advertising your little business while waiting for the right moment to leave. Selling is not sharing.

To make it clear: This is *NOT* an accusation but an expression of my and other's thoughts. Prove us wrong, if we are....

jamarmiller
Posts: 88
Joined: Wed Jul 12, 2006 11:20 pm

Postby jamarmiller » Fri Feb 19, 2010 4:29 am

crap , my son destroyed aout 15 of my disk with this series on it and now Im left with half the series. anyone know where i can download this series so i can patch up the holes?


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests