How to make hardsub from softsub??

Read the FAQ in here first then post your questions here if it doesn't help you.
ita_wang

How to make hardsub from softsub??

Postby ita_wang » Mon May 19, 2008 4:53 pm

How to make hardsub from softsub?? Thanks.

InTr4nceWeTrust
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby InTr4nceWeTrust » Mon May 19, 2008 11:41 pm

By use program virtualdub.. Welcome.

^_~ check out www.videohelp.com Loads of guides on this kind of thing.
ありません

shep1979

Postby shep1979 » Wed May 21, 2008 2:51 am

This is a post I found from a user here on this forum linking to here:

http://forum.koreandramas.net/topic_541.html

ita_wang

Postby ita_wang » Wed May 28, 2008 9:52 pm

Thank you so much., both of you. :)

link_417

Difficulty loading vid in VirtualDubMod

Postby link_417 » Fri Jun 27, 2008 1:40 am

I'm trying to make my softsubs into hardsubs, but when I try to open the video with VirtualDubMod (or any other version of VirtualDub), I get this message:

"Couldn't locate decompressor for format 'DX50' (unknown). VirtualDub requires a Video for Windows (VFW) compatible codec to decompress video. DirectShow codecs, such as those used by Windows Media Player, are not suitable. Only 'Direct stream copy' is available for this video."

I've tried two different tutorials and couldn't get past this step in either of them. These are .avi files I'm trying to open, by the way.

I've converted soft- to hardsubs using VobSub and VirtualDubMod before, but they were with different videos and on a different computer a couple years ago, so I'm not sure what's going wrong.

Thanks for any help.

robx

Postby robx » Fri Jun 27, 2008 2:49 am

link_417 wrote:I'm trying to make my softsubs into hardsubs, but when I try to open the video with VirtualDubMod (or any other version of VirtualDub), I get this message:

"Couldn't locate decompressor for format 'DX50' (unknown). VirtualDub requires a Video for Windows (VFW) compatible codec to decompress video. DirectShow codecs, such as those used by Windows Media Player, are not suitable. Only 'Direct stream copy' is available for this video."

I've tried two different tutorials and couldn't get past this step in either of them. These are .avi files I'm trying to open, by the way.

I've converted soft- to hardsubs using VobSub and VirtualDubMod before, but they were with different videos and on a different computer a couple years ago, so I'm not sure what's going wrong.

Thanks for any help.

basically you need the codec to decompress it. If you uninstall all your previous installed codec and install cccp, you should be able to load it in vdubmod without problems to encode it. cccp codec has compression and decompression codecs in its package; ffdshow (included in package) should be able to handle most of your codec needs, so good luck.
-- Robx --
My Series
Batched by abcd99:
Face to fate, Great Revival, Huo Yuan Jia, Wing Chun
Status
Retired.

link_417

Postby link_417 » Fri Jun 27, 2008 2:52 pm

Thank you very much, after installing cccp it finally worked! I was very frustrated with this so I really appreciate your help.
:cheers: :thumleft: :w00t:

shawnkun

subtitling softsub to hardsub failure

Postby shawnkun » Tue Jan 13, 2009 7:18 pm

hi, for the past week i have tried many different ways to change subtitles from softsub to hardsub. but i failed. i read like almost all the links i could find on google and yahoo.
but still unable to work. i downloaded all Virtualdubmod, VobSub, Avisynth, Divx and almost everyother thing. But to no avail.
Ok, getting to the point, i tried to put subtitler.vdf into the my plugins file of the virtualdubmod file. but doesnt work when i press videos/filters/add, i couldnt find the word textsub, the only thing i could find is the subtitler by AveryLee and it kinda fails.

i just need to put convert sdf/sub file into the avi file.. but seemed impossible. i tried downloading even all the different codecs, or even uninstall then reinstalling but still cant work. can someone help me? i need to know of a way to put subtitles into the avi file as hardsub because i need to convert into my itouch the single file and its kinda important for me. i need it to spend my daily life><

someone please help me!! any kind souls ? PLEASEEE!

kahuna808

Postby kahuna808 » Tue Jan 13, 2009 7:39 pm

ConvertXtoDvd3

shawnkun

Postby shawnkun » Wed Jan 14, 2009 7:39 am

what u mean by convertXtodvd?

kahuna808

Postby kahuna808 » Wed Jan 14, 2009 7:42 am

shawnkun wrote:what u mean by convertXtodvd?

That is the name of the program "ConvertXtoDvd3". As always do a google search.

shawnkun

Postby shawnkun » Wed Jan 14, 2009 1:33 pm

i did. but what has it got to do with my question.
it doesnt input softsubs into hardsubs at all. i just need to put the subtitles from aseperate file into the video and merge as one file..

Cry5tal

Postby Cry5tal » Wed Jan 14, 2009 2:04 pm

Code: Select all

LoadPlugin("C:\_encode\TextSub\VSFilter.dll")

AviSource("Your_episode_in_avi_format.avi")

TextSub("your_sub_file.srt") # or .ass if you have that too

This doesn't work on IDX/SUB, because it's not a textfile, it's an "image". These are images subtitles. You need to convert that into srt or other.

bmwracer

Postby bmwracer » Wed Jan 14, 2009 2:40 pm

Here's a guide at videohelp.com: http://forum.videohelp.com/topic272736.html :thumright:
If you need me to seed Ueno Juri-chan or Yonekura Ryoko-chan stuff, please PM me. :salut:

Sny

Postby Sny » Wed Jan 14, 2009 4:11 pm

I used the link above ( http://forum.koreandramas.net/topic_541.html ) to convert to hardsub. It worked well. But, I downloaded an avi file (716 mb), after I harsubbed it, became 494 mb (the quality is not good anymore). Is there anyway to keep the avi file to 716 mb?
Thank you!

mt877

Postby mt877 » Wed Jan 14, 2009 4:30 pm

In VDub, under file menu, select File Information... look at the Video Stream Data rate value (example 1800kbps). When you select and configure the video codec for full processing, use the same data rate. I assume the audio is set for "source audio", then by using the same video rate as already discussed, the total size and quality of the re-encoded avi (with subtitle) should be very close to the original avi.
Misaki Ito Fans: Please visit my shared folder to download some CMs and pics of our lovely lady.

bmwracer

Postby bmwracer » Wed Jan 14, 2009 4:44 pm

Sny wrote:I used the link above ( http://forum.koreandramas.net/topic_541.html ) to convert to hardsub. It worked well. But, I downloaded an avi file (716 mb), after I harsubbed it, became 494 mb (the quality is not good anymore). Is there anyway to keep the avi file to 716 mb?
Thank you!

You need to change the quality settings, if there are any available.

I typically use the xVid encoder in VirtualDub and set the quality to 1 (maximum), that's way there's little or no degradation in video quality. :thumright:

EDIT: At the maximum quality setting, the file size does get bigger... Usually double. :sweat:
If you need me to seed Ueno Juri-chan or Yonekura Ryoko-chan stuff, please PM me. :salut:

Sny

Postby Sny » Wed Jan 14, 2009 6:40 pm

Ah.. thank you so much for the info!

bmwracer

Postby bmwracer » Wed Jan 14, 2009 7:34 pm

Sny wrote:Ah.. thank you so much for the info!

Sure thing.... Good luck. :thumright:

Return to “Tech Support”