Seito Shokun! [Eng Subs] (Ep 6-10)

You can find/upload subtitle files for tv drama series here.
Please use the Fansubbing forum to discuss subtitles.
bakaman

Seito Shokun! [Eng Subs] (Eps 6-10)

Postby bakaman » Tue May 13, 2008 8:58 am

After looking at the messages here over the past few days, people are saying different things about whether or not it's OK to post just partial subs from a different source. Some people are saying it's ok, others say I must post all of them, not just partial. So I tried looking at the subtitle FAQ, and could find no where that says I must post all the subs from another source (after all, even in normal circumstances, fansub groups usually posts subs one at a time). Therefore I'm going to go ahead and post (at least so far) just the subs for 6-10. If this is wrong and the rules state I must post ALL the subs at once, then please point me to a place in the FAQ or D-Addicts guidelines that states this (as I couldn't find it) and I will comply. In time I will try to post the rest of the subs (1-5) but since 1-5 were done by a fansub group already (and their subs are much better than these) for now I'm going to post 6-10 since that's what I've done. It takes me a little while to rip these subs; it doesn't just take 30 seconds.

A few notes about these subs:
* The subs are NOT great quality (especially the last 3 episodes), but are enough so the viewer knows what's going on.
* If you look at the SRT file, you'll see times where a capital "I" (that's "eye") and a lower-case "l" (that's "el") are mixed up. That's due to the software I use to get the subs from the DVD -- because the subs on the DVD used Ariel font, and in Ariel font, those two letters look exactly alike. So even though in a text situation they are mixed up, if you select "ARIEL" for your font when watching the subs, it'll look just fine.
* I did only the most MINOR editing (basically fixing some names to what they should be).
* It seems there was a different translator for the last 3 episodes, because the quality got worse. Still, as I said, it's good enough to where the viewer knows what's going on.

Enjoy. And when I have time I'll try to rip 1-5 as well... but note there's already much better subs for 1-5 here on D-Addicts.

I also want to thank the group that did episodes 1-5, as well as all the other fansub groups here at D-Addicts who work so hard to help spread J-Drama. It is much appriciated!
Attachments
Seito Shokun! ep07 (1024x576 DivX6).srt
Subs for Seito Shokun Ep 7
(31.95 KiB) Downloaded 3089 times
Seito Shokun! ep08 (1024x576 DivX6).srt
Subs for Seito Shokun Ep 8
(29.52 KiB) Downloaded 3093 times
Seito Shokun! ep09 (1024x576 DivX6).srt
Subs for Seito Shokun Ep 9
(29.81 KiB) Downloaded 3090 times
Seito Shokun! ep10 finale (1024x576 DivX6).srt
Subs for Seito Shokun Ep 10 (finale)
(26.24 KiB) Downloaded 3249 times
Seito Shokun! ep06 (1024x576 DivX6).srt
Subs for Seito Shokun Ep 6.
(37.25 KiB) Downloaded 3438 times
Last edited by bakaman on Wed May 14, 2008 6:00 pm, edited 4 times in total.

WroW
Fansubber
Fansubber

Postby WroW » Tue May 13, 2008 9:59 am

It would certainly be allowed if you post the subs for all the episodes (you dont even have to edit ep1-5). If not it might also be allowed if the subbers allow it but I would take the first route :roll
I for one would be grateful if you could post the subs and I think many others will be too. :-)

jussi

Postby jussi » Tue May 13, 2008 12:24 pm

There was already a thread like this. Someone edited the bad quality subs and released them for ep 6-7. They removed it later because it wasn't allowed.

Of course im intrested in ep 8-10 subs, it it's possible for you to share them. :-)

kuroyuki

Postby kuroyuki » Tue May 13, 2008 1:29 pm

I'm so interested in them, so I'd be so greatful if you upload them ^^

leegyep

Postby leegyep » Tue May 13, 2008 1:41 pm

I am interested too.

WroW
Fansubber
Fansubber

Postby WroW » Tue May 13, 2008 1:51 pm

jussi wrote:There was already a thread like this. Someone edited the bad quality subs and released them for ep 6-7. They removed it later because it wasn't allowed.

Of course im intrested in ep 8-10 subs, it it's possible for you to share them. :-)

Yes because that person posted it in the other thread and didn't post the episodes from the beginning...if done right it is allowed :-)

Milano

Postby Milano » Tue May 13, 2008 7:56 pm

Sure is allowed !
We're waiting for this subs since months ago! Now this thread has lasted too long, it's time to definitely watch the series!

Thanks ! :cheers:

PhY pHy

Postby PhY pHy » Tue May 13, 2008 9:18 pm

I would also be interested...i dont like to keep unfinished dramas unfinished...but
im also gratefull for the subs from episodes 1-5...

bakaman

Postby bakaman » Wed May 14, 2008 5:58 pm

OK, the subs for 6-10 are up now. Please read the notes in the first post.

Below, I'll cut-and-paste my original message (I deleted it from the first post to make that first post cleaner). In time I will try to release 1-5 as well, but it takes time, so for now I'm starting with 6-10 and will work backwards. I don't wish to break the rules here on D-Addicts, but can't seem to find anything in the FAQ that says doing this is wrong. If it is, please post where in the FAQ it says this. So below here is my original post asking about doing this, just for the record.
----

I generally don't post except to thank fansubbers for their hard work, so please have patience. I'm trying to do this the right way.

I have a DVD set for Seito Shokun, but the video quality was horrible on the last few episodes. Because of this, I decided to "rip" just the subtitles from the DVD, turn them into SRT files, and use them with my better quality raws I've had for a while.

So now the reason for this post: would people be interested in these subs? And would it be OK to post them since the series is still technically claimed by a fansub group, even though it's been inactive for a really long time?

Not too long ago someone did something similar for "Jikou Keisatsu 2" so I'm wondering if I should do the same. I don't want to step on anyone's toes though, so if this is a no-no and the Jikou 2 shouldn't have been done, please let me know.

Just a few things:
* If allowed, I would post subs only for the episodes not yet done (currently 6-10).
* The subs are NOT great quality (especially the last 3 episodes), but are enough so the viewer knows what's going on.
* I did only very minor editing (ie, changing the Chinese names back to Japanese names in a few instances). So it doesn't look "professional" but again, it's good enough where the viewer knows what's going on.

I have to say, I really appriciate the 1-5 subs that have been done already, but it's been a long time. I also appriciate the person who ripped the DVD subs for the last Jikou Keistasu 2 episodes when that show stalled, but I don't know if the circumstances on that show (vis-a-vis the fansub group doing it) was different or not. So I will wait a few days to see the comments here. Is it wanted, and OK to do this?

kurainsan

Postby kurainsan » Wed May 14, 2008 7:56 pm

Big thanks for the Subs.

RoninZ

Postby RoninZ » Wed May 14, 2008 8:05 pm

Huge thanks from me as well. I have a friend who's been dying to see it and even "just good enough" subs will allow her to watch it.

jussi

Postby jussi » Wed May 14, 2008 8:14 pm

Wow, thanks! Finally i can watch this drama to it's end. :-)
Also, thanks to Airashii FanSubs for doing the first 5 episodes.

Geezer

Postby Geezer » Wed May 14, 2008 8:27 pm

Thank you very much.

I was considering doing the same thing. You just beat me to it.

I appreciate the work and effort of the first subbing group and thank them from the bottom. But it'll be nice to be able to watch the rest of the series.

JuliaLane

Postby JuliaLane » Thu May 15, 2008 12:15 am

Although I still want to support the original subber of this series, I thank you so much for uploading the subs for the last 6-10 episodes! :)

vinvo

Postby vinvo » Fri May 16, 2008 6:52 pm

thanks a lot.

after so many months this is most welcome :thumright:

kirakira_luv

Postby kirakira_luv » Sat May 17, 2008 3:47 am

thank you so much for fullfill this drama sub!!
81DIVER & Gokusen 3 (≧▽≦)
Image Image

judaico

Postby judaico » Sat May 17, 2008 9:46 pm

very grateful for your hardwork and finishing up the subtitles for episodes 6-10.

:cheers:

mr_iq180

Postby mr_iq180 » Sun May 18, 2008 12:01 pm

kansya shimasu

s_leonhart

Postby s_leonhart » Mon May 19, 2008 4:32 am

thank you very much. ureshii!! you have answered our prayers

kayers

Postby kayers » Thu May 29, 2008 4:21 am

THANKS SOO MUCH!!!!
Ur the best....WOOT!

ruz

Postby ruz » Fri Jun 06, 2008 9:47 am

wow after so long of waiting finally its here..but too bad ive only episode 1-6 movies, anyone can give me mirrors for the rest of the movies? megaupload? mediafire? rapidshare?except torrent ....

H a n a

Postby H a n a » Sat Jul 05, 2008 4:30 pm

finaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaally
I'm so happy now :wub: :wub: :w00t: :w00t:
hontoni arigatu arigatu arigatu :thumright: :thumright:

hybridaero

Postby hybridaero » Wed Jul 09, 2008 1:30 pm

Thank you for your efforts.

superfilthy

Postby superfilthy » Wed Jul 09, 2008 2:07 pm

THANK YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUU <3 much much love *kanata*

Liantasse

Postby Liantasse » Thu Oct 09, 2008 12:20 pm

Hello, bakaman! I can say I am very glad that you posted these subs, since it was very difficult for me to continue working on these episodes: our translators are now in Japan, and a lot of things were going on with me, so it's good that people don't have to wait anymore :)

I have only now found out about this thread, so I came to say thank you, and also to offer help with editing! I would love to work on these subs, if it's all right with you!

I can also provide links for the episodes on MU, so people can view the series even if the torrents aren't seeded.

bakaman

Postby bakaman » Thu Oct 09, 2008 4:50 pm

Liantasse,
No problem. Your subs were so much superior to those, and if you hadn't started subbing the show, a lot less people would be interesting in seeing it.

I give you permission to do whatever you like with them! Please feel free to edit them, repost corrected versions, whatever you like (this goes for anyone too). I no longer have the original discs they came off of (long story) but please feel free to improve on them or do what you like with them. And thanks again for taking up the show in the first place

AsianProjects

Postby AsianProjects » Thu Oct 09, 2008 5:12 pm

Thank you very much!!! <333333
Digital Art | AsianProjects; Fansub
Horikita Maki :wub: ¡¡¡Gracias bebé!!! <33333

ssih

Postby ssih » Sat Nov 01, 2008 7:19 pm

I'd be willing to help with some refinement of the subs. I didn't know if this was appropriate or not, since I'm not really a regular here. But I'm enjoying the show a lot, thanks to the original subs!

The thing is, I don't know Japanese, but I can correct some of the English grammar. Is that ok? If so, where should I post them - just attach it here as a file?

ssih

Postby ssih » Sat Nov 01, 2008 9:00 pm

Quick followup to my last post...

I just did a quick edit of ep 8 (which I just watched). I corrected quite a bit, but there are a few pieces of dialog where I simply don't understand what is being said. I was wondering if I could post the dialog, and maybe someone could rephrase it for me so I understand it.

Example:

3TD has just officially disbanded.

Julia: "Kohei... Not everyone can do that."
Kohei: "I was really thinking so then. See you at school tomorrow."

There's nothing to indicate what Julia is talking about when she says "that".

Another one:

Julia just attempted suicide by trying to jump off the roof.
School principal: "Apart from that, let's figure out what else the school can stretch its limit onto."

I'm completely baffled by that one.

ssih

Postby ssih » Thu Nov 06, 2008 11:50 am

Ok - I guess not...

swing

Postby swing » Tue Dec 16, 2008 3:42 pm

Example:

3TD has just officially disbanded.

Julia: "Kohei... Not everyone can do that."
Kohei: "I was really thinking so then. See you at school tomorrow."

i think that refers to refusing take advantage of horikita even after she brought him to the inn? or maybe thrashing the guy who tried to violate her?

Sawajiri

Postby Sawajiri » Wed May 20, 2009 12:21 pm

bakaman wrote:Liantasse,
I give you permission to do whatever you like with them! Please feel free to edit them, repost corrected versions, whatever you like (this goes for anyone too). I no longer have the original discs they came off of (long story) but please feel free to improve on them or do what you like with them. And thanks again for taking up the show in the first place

Hi! I'm currently viewing Seito Shokun! and actually some subtitles have an acceptable quality, in others I could get that some translations were completely wrong or didn't make sense at all. (For example, when in episode 6 the PTA chairman comes, she said that she came because she was called by Kitashiro-sensei but it is translated as "Kitashiro-sensei is not treating Kohei right.")

So I can't improve their quality to the levels of Airashii fansubs, but at least refine the timing and correct translations as far as I can. ^^
I'm currently working on them, and I'll be releasing them here: http://fansub.d-addicts.com/JDD_fansubs

Of course, I'll add a credit for bakaman too!
And since my english is not perfect, I would also appreciate to hear about grammar or spell errors in my subtitles. Thanks! ^^

recca_cool

Postby recca_cool » Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:18 pm

Before I start watching this series... can anyone let us know the quality of this batch of the subs? Are they machine-translated quality or bootleg quality?

ssih

Postby ssih » Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:41 pm

I've seen some lousy subs in my time. This isn't like that. I can't say that they're perfect, but the show was very enjoyable.

recca_cool

Postby recca_cool » Fri Apr 09, 2010 1:14 am

Alrighty, thanks for the reply mate :) I'll go with your judgement.

Sesam

Postby Sesam » Fri Apr 09, 2010 3:40 pm

Sawajiri wrote:
bakaman wrote:Liantasse,

Hi! I'm currently viewing Seito Shokun! and actually some subtitles have an acceptable quality, in others I could get that some translations were completely wrong or didn't make sense at all. (For example, when in episode 6 the PTA chairman comes, she said that she came because she was called by Kitashiro-sensei but it is translated as "Kitashiro-sensei is not treating Kohei right.")

So I can't improve their quality to the levels of Airashii fansubs, but at least refine the timing and correct translations as far as I can. ^^
I'm currently working on them, and I'll be releasing them here: http://fansub.d-addicts.com/JDD_fansubs

Of course, I'll add a credit for bakaman too!
And since my english is not perfect, I would also appreciate to hear about grammar or spell errors in my subtitles. Thanks! ^^

That's great, could you maybe post here a "heads up" when you have uploaded a new edited sub. So that we know when a new sub has been posted on that page :)

recca_cool

Postby recca_cool » Fri Apr 09, 2010 3:46 pm

@Sesam
I checked his page and it seems there is only episode 6 done back in 2009... not sure the guy is active on this anymore..

Sesam

Postby Sesam » Fri Apr 09, 2010 3:53 pm

recca_cool wrote:@Sesam
I checked his page and it seems there is only episode 6 done back in 2009... not sure the guy is active on this anymore..

Oh I see, I did not notice the date :P, that's a shame. But luckily by bootleg standards these are good, there was just a few lines that didn't make sense.

recca_cool

Postby recca_cool » Fri Apr 09, 2010 4:12 pm

That is reassuring :D

itoshinotegoshi

Re: Seito Shokun! [Eng Subs] (Ep 6-10)

Postby itoshinotegoshi » Sat Nov 14, 2015 11:13 pm

Thank you very much for the subs. :salut: :salut: :salut:
100% JP. Actors/Actresses, JDO lover. I :wub: Yamazaki Kento, Miura H, Mocomichi H, Ichihara Hayato, Takeru Satoh, Matsuda Shota, S.Oguri, Toma, Okada M, Nagase, Mabo, Mukai, Kimutaku, S.Sho, Suda M, Kora K, N.Shuhei, Takenouchi, Higashi, Eguchi, Fukuyama, Nishijima H, Dean Fujioka blah blah!

Return to “Subtitles”