Pangarap na Bituin [Eng Subs] (Ep 1-3)[DROPPED]

You can find/upload subtitle files for tv drama series here.
Please use the Fansubbing forum to discuss subtitles.
CATVduo

Pangarap na Bituin [Eng Subs] (Ep 1-3)[DROPPED]

Postby CATVduo » Sun Oct 14, 2007 7:37 am

Hello, everyone! My sister(Hidden) and I(Lhica) will be subbing the Filipino drama or telenovela Pangarap na Bituin / "Star of my Dream". This will be our first drama to sub, we're newbies, so i hope everyone will be every understanding. We'll try our best to finish episodes as fast as we can.

FYI: Filipino dramas are very long (sometimes more than 100 episodes), however, that's only because they show it every day, except saturdays and sundays, for about 20-30 mins.

Also, i think NOYPI fansubber was planning on subbing this, but since Sana Maulit Muli might be the drama that they're going to sub (based on the poll), we'll be subbing Pangarap na Bituin.

Sarah Geronimo plays Emerald Gomez
Rica Peralejo plays Sapphire Gomez
Maja Salvador plays Ruby Gomez
Jericho Rosales plays Terrence Rodriguez
Cherry Pie Picache plays Alberta Tuazon
Joel Torre plays Cocoy Mendoza
Rio Locsin plays Lena
Pooh plays Pappy Berns Bautista
John Arcilla plays Atty. Benedict Tuazon
Jay-R Siaboc plays Jeffrey Tuazon
Alex Gonzaga plays Chorva Ayala

Pangarap Na Bituin is the latest teleserye that will mirror the reality behind the glitz and glamor of the showbiz world. Rica Peralejo, Sarah Geronimo, and Maja Salvador play the Jewel Sisters, a singing pop trio who will walk the royal yet sometimes rocky road to fame. After the tragedy that left their parents dead, Sapphire (Rica), Emerald (Sarah), and Ruby (Maja) are accidentally separated from one another. But one dream will make their paths cross, and together, they will make music that fans all over the country will deeply adore.

At first, they will all think that their love for one another as sisters will see them through the challenging life as celebrities. But little did they know that there is more to dream than the wealth and glory. Sapphire is willing to do whatever it takes to get ahead. Emerald wants to be with Terrence (Jericho Rosales), but the manipulative manager Alberta (Cherry Pie Picache) will stand against their love. Ruby will battle with her own insecurities to gain the self-esteem she needs.

Pangarap Na Bituin also stars top-notch actors namely Joel Torre, Rio Locsin, John Arcilla, Sandy Andolong, and today's fresh faces JR Siaboc and Alex Gonzaga. Directed by Trina Dayrit and Eric Salud, this new teleserye will feature the best of drama and music. (www.abs-cbn.com)

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I was thinking of a way that people will be able to get the videos, since we're only doing softsub(for now). Therefore, I will be uploading the videos at VEOH. It's the easiest way for me to upload it and the easiest way for you to be able to download it. Download the veohtvbeta first. You can use that to download the video. Don't use the veohPlayer, that software is so big. It will only take around 15-20 mins to download the video... save the softsub... put the sub and the video in the same folder with same names... and you're ready to go. Watch it on Media Player Classic.

Here is our page in VEOH: http://www.veoh.com/users/catvduo
Episodes 1-3 is already in veoh. Have fun watching it!!!

If there are things that we can do to make the subtitles better, We would love to hear your opinions!!!

More pics (courtesy of www.sarahgeronimo.com)

Sapphire(Rica Paralejo)

Emerald(Sarah Geronimo)

Ruby(Maja Salvador)

Terrence(Jericho Rosales)

Terrence and Emerald
Attachments
pangarapnabituin3.ssa
.ssa format
Episode 3. This episode is really sad.
(32.46 KiB) Downloaded 463 times
pangarap2.ssa
.ssa format
Episode 2... still needs to check over it one more time.. but you can def. use it now. Hope you guys like it!
(29.58 KiB) Downloaded 555 times
pangarap1.ssa
.ssa format
Hope you guys like it. Our first drama to sub ever!!
(32.92 KiB) Downloaded 666 times
Last edited by CATVduo on Sat Oct 20, 2007 4:24 pm, edited 6 times in total.
:P CATVduo :D

Subbing: Pangarap na Bituin (Filipino Drama)
Watching: Why Why Love
Favorites so far: Coffee Prince, Hana Kimi, Why Why Love

miklovj7

Who needs this?

Postby miklovj7 » Sun Oct 14, 2007 8:22 am

I saw bits of this so called drama on you tube. Just wanted to see what a filipino's drama was like, wow it really sucks! Everything seem so cheap and lousy. You should put your efforts on something else, really.

CATVduo

Postby CATVduo » Sun Oct 14, 2007 5:58 pm

I appreciate your feedback. can i ask which episode or "bits" did you see, because if it's the first ep during the volcano eruption then i would agree with you, that part looked so fake. Special effects in filipino dramas really need to improve. However, if you continue to watch it the plot gets so much better, especially when the main characters get older. But thats only my opinion. I would love to hear other people's opinion. so that we'll know if we should continue subbing the drama. But for now, we'll really try our best to sub this because we really want to show everyone else that most filipino dramas are really good too... and i think Pangarap na Butuin is too(thats me being bias.. but its the truth).

Thanks,
-Lhica

P.S. the character that plays Terrence (the older one... not the kid) is really HOT! lol.

Wwaldo37

Postby Wwaldo37 » Sun Oct 14, 2007 6:17 pm

Looks interesting (I'll watch anything once... I'm much more selective about what I eat :P)
I was wondering if you can upload the video here on d-addicts as a torrent? I'm not very fond of veoh!$*!#&#$!.

wangbu

Postby wangbu » Tue Oct 16, 2007 10:25 am

Nice to see that you've started subbing too! Yeah, Sana Maulit Muli won the polls, but we gotta find a good raw source (preferably DVD sources) before we can upload them here.

By the way, where do you get your raws? I'm curious if you have good raws for SMM as well. ^_^

Thanks!

Regards,
:goggle: Wang Bu :goggle:
http://fansub.d-addicts.com/Noypi_Fansubs
Currently watching: Densha Otoko, Lalola

swit_thng

Postby swit_thng » Tue Oct 16, 2007 12:31 pm

CATVduo wrote:I appreciate your feedback. can i ask which episode or "bits" did you see, because if it's the first ep during the volcano eruption then i would agree with you, that part looked so fake. Special effects in filipino dramas really need to improve. However, if you continue to watch it the plot gets so much better, especially when the main characters get older. But thats only my opinion. I would love to hear other people's opinion. so that we'll know if we should continue subbing the drama. But for now, we'll really try our best to sub this because we really want to show everyone else that most filipino dramas are really good too... and i think Pangarap na Butuin is too(thats me being bias.. but its the truth).

Thanks,
-Lhica

P.S. the character that plays Terrence (the older one... not the kid) is really HOT! lol.

totally agree with you! right now im hook with this drama. i super love jeffrey and ruby. they are cute. hehe
Certified P.A.C.T.-er (P.inoy A.ddicts C.ommunity T.oh)

Catris

Postby Catris » Tue Oct 16, 2007 5:29 pm

Thanks for subbing this! I've never watched a Filipino series before and am really interested one! ^__^
Trading paused indefinetly... I just can't keep up! ^^;;
Check out my list @ http://www.catris.cjb.net

CATVduo

Postby CATVduo » Wed Oct 17, 2007 2:15 am

Wwaldo37 wrote:Looks interesting (I'll watch anything once... I'm much more selective about what I eat :P)
I was wondering if you can upload the video here on d-addicts as a torrent? I'm not very fond of veoh!$*!#&#$!.

Thanks but... i tried doing that... i don't think it work... ill read over the instruction again. But i have school and work, so maybe during the weekend.. for now, i hope you can use the one in veoh... or maybe someone who has already downloaded it can upload it here in d-addicts. .. i will really appreciate if someone does that.

CATVduo

Postby CATVduo » Wed Oct 17, 2007 2:18 am

swit_thng wrote:
CATVduo wrote:I appreciate your feedback. can i ask which episode or "bits" did you see, because if it's the first ep during the volcano eruption then i would agree with you, that part looked so fake. Special effects in filipino dramas really need to improve. However, if you continue to watch it the plot gets so much better, especially when the main characters get older. But thats only my opinion. I would love to hear other people's opinion. so that we'll know if we should continue subbing the drama. But for now, we'll really try our best to sub this because we really want to show everyone else that most filipino dramas are really good too... and i think Pangarap na Butuin is too(thats me being bias.. but its the truth).

Thanks,
-Lhica

totally agree with you! right now im hook with this drama. i super love jeffrey and ruby. they are cute. hehe

LOL.. i know they are soooo funny. [spoiler]specially when they argue. I love maja.. but jay-r.. i still have to get use to his acting.. his kinda new to the business.. so im trying to be more patient. BTW did you watch today's episode!!! love it!!! during the wedding!! when emerald sang!! ahh i love jericho!i feel so bad for cassie tho.. then for the preview for tomrw... is cassie handing terrence over to emerald?!?![/spoiler]

gerald_tot

Postby gerald_tot » Wed Oct 17, 2007 2:36 am

this could be a start of Filipino Dramas
=) sometimes i watch that show if i get home before 7

CATVduo

Postby CATVduo » Wed Oct 17, 2007 2:39 am

gerald_tot wrote:this could be a start of Filipino Dramas
=) sometimes i watch that show if i get home before 7

you should watch it more often.. especially this week's episodes!!

gerald_tot

Postby gerald_tot » Wed Oct 17, 2007 2:41 am

i know i should but school usually ends about 5:30 and travel time goes to like 2 hours before i get home
but i think i can watch it this week =) other university has there break so going home will be easier

n8NMONSTER

Postby n8NMONSTER » Wed Oct 17, 2007 5:55 am

hahaha, im currently watchin this as well.

the credits for todays episode (the wedding) had a huge spoiler for tmrws!!

good series btw, really loving it. currently downloadin your veoh version to check it out.

Miru2

Postby Miru2 » Wed Oct 17, 2007 7:37 am

i will try to watch it when someone upload the torrent.
we have to respect someone who doing this, even it's not good at least they try.
rather than sit down and watch the movie and complain if the sub is bad.

try harder, practice makes perfect. :thumright: :thumleft:

CATVduo

Postby CATVduo » Wed Oct 17, 2007 11:52 pm

n8NMONSTER wrote:hahaha, im currently watchin this as well.

the credits for todays episode (the wedding) had a huge spoiler for tmrws!!

good series btw, really loving it. currently downloadin your veoh version to check it out.

did you watch today's episode???[spoiler] the wedding... and after that??? i cried at the ending... cassie was so nice!! i really think that terrrence and emerald should just express their feelings to each other... but that can't happen anytime soon.. especially after today's incident... and for the preview... terrence is alberta's son??? ahhh i hope not.. she sooo mean to him and emerald![/spoiler]

CATVduo

Postby CATVduo » Thu Oct 18, 2007 2:11 am

Wwaldo37 wrote:Looks interesting (I'll watch anything once... I'm much more selective about what I eat :P)

Hey... i think i got the torrent working!!! i'll leave my laptop on until like 6:30 am to seed it. I hope it works... if it's not please tell me. but it says "seeding" so it should be doing that. this is my first time seeding something from my own computer.. they said it should be the same as to when you download any torrent and it would say seeding when everything is downloaded..... i'm just saying nonsense here.. LOL... but i really hope it works.

-Lhica :P

n8NMONSTER

Postby n8NMONSTER » Thu Oct 18, 2007 10:00 am

todays episode was wow. o-o.
[spoiler]did you experience any skipping during the karaoke part when cassie was singing? my screen turned blocky/froze for a bit during that part. :C[/spoiler]also, i got your eps to work with the ssa's -after- renaming the extension from wmv to avi. probably cuz my codec, but does it work with yours without renaming?

im helpin with your torrents seeding too btw (with the wmv, ssa extensions). gl with it.

Angelyn

Postby Angelyn » Thu Oct 18, 2007 5:31 pm

thanks for the show, you guys.

as for feedback for that person who had a criticism for the drama, here's a couple thing to consider:

(1) third world country = less money = so less money to spend on special effects for a show that will be shown everyday for months.
(2) it's tv.... and since it's not typically bought as dvd's later on (unlike america) they don't really see much point in spending so much money and effort on it.\
(3) it's not hdtv quality so don't expect it to look or sound like the korean dramas we get from here
(4) philippine movie industry is different in that the majority of the celebrities become celebrities due to familial connections so sometimes it doesn't matter if they have talent or not. if their parents were celebrities (usually those were the talented ones), they probably will be celebrities too. it's not the case with everyone, but it does happen pretty often.

this show has sarah geronimo, who is arguably one of the best recording artists of the philippines at this time so they concentrate on her (the other characters shouldn't be singing actually but what can you do? hahaha)

actually, i'm not a fan of filipino shows and i'm filipino, but just like everywhere else, there are great shows, good shows, bad shows, and extremely horrible shows. there are some extremely horrible shows out there (kokey, imho), but this one happens to be one of the good ones (might even be great, but i reserve my judgment for later)

i actually prefer this show to sana maulit muli because it has better acting. even though the love team from sana maulit muli are adorable, they're not very good at acting. >.<* but then again that's my opinion so take it or leave it.

just my 2 cents ^_^

:thumright:
thanks for the subtitles you guys ^_^ just a question though. i noticed there are parts of the first episode that aren't subtitled. was that intentional or is the subtitle file just not showing it?
Currently watching:
Coffee Prince, Hanazakari no Kimitachi e, Mischievous Princess, My Sister-in-law is 19, & Pangarap na Bituin

Sakuranantogay

Postby Sakuranantogay » Thu Oct 18, 2007 9:35 pm

I'm gonna check this one out for sure:D but god damn I hate filipino actors. They don't look like filipinos!

CATVduo

Postby CATVduo » Fri Oct 19, 2007 12:44 am

Angelyn wrote:thanks for the show, you guys.

as for feedback for that person who had a criticism for the drama, here's a couple thing to consider:

(1) third world country = less money = so less money to spend on special effects for a show that will be shown everyday for months.
(2) it's tv.... and since it's not typically bought as dvd's later on (unlike america) they don't really see much point in spending so much money and effort on it.\
(3) it's not hdtv quality so don't expect it to look or sound like the korean dramas we get from here
(4) philippine movie industry is different in that the majority of the celebrities become celebrities due to familial connections so sometimes it doesn't matter if they have talent or not. if their parents were celebrities (usually those were the talented ones), they probably will be celebrities too. it's not the case with everyone, but it does happen pretty often.

this show has sarah geronimo, who is arguably one of the best recording artists of the philippines at this time so they concentrate on her (the other characters shouldn't be singing actually but what can you do? hahaha)

actually, i'm not a fan of filipino shows and i'm filipino, but just like everywhere else, there are great shows, good shows, bad shows, and extremely horrible shows. there are some extremely horrible shows out there (kokey, imho), but this one happens to be one of the good ones (might even be great, but i reserve my judgment for later)

i actually prefer this show to sana maulit muli because it has better acting. even though the love team from sana maulit muli are adorable, they're not very good at acting. >.<* but then again that's my opinion so take it or leave it.

just my 2 cents ^_^

thanks for the subtitles you guys ^_^ just a question though. i noticed there are parts of the first episode that aren't subtitled. was that intentional or is the subtitle file just not showing it?

thanks.. .i agree with you... however... i think they started making dvds of the teleseryes or dramas now... but of course.. that's after the drama...... yup.. i think i would like this more since they have better actors than sana maulit muli... maybe that's only because kim and gerald are new to the acting industry.. but i have to say. theyre so cute together. and yes.. i don't watch kokey... its just weird.. i think its a show mostly for kids... ryt now im only watching ysabella and pangarap na bituin.. i want to see princessa ng banyera... but they didn't show the beginning here in NY :(

What part was the sub not showing in the first title?

swit_thng

Postby swit_thng » Fri Oct 19, 2007 1:12 am

CATVduo wrote:
swit_thng wrote:

Thanks,
-Lhica

LOL.. i know they are soooo funny. [spoiler]specially when they argue. I love maja.. but jay-r.. i still have to get use to his acting.. his kinda new to the business.. so im trying to be more patient. BTW did you watch today's episode!!! love it!!! during the wedding!! when emerald sang!! ahh i love jericho!i feel so bad for cassie tho.. then for the preview for tomrw... is cassie handing terrence over to emerald?!?![/spoiler]

i first watched jay-r in PDA so im kinda used to it. hehe. i already saw him in person. he is cute. i think. he was with yeng.

[spoiler]cassie died!!! [/spoiler]i wasnt able to watch last night's episode :crazy: i fell asleep due to my endless nights review for exams. haha.

EDITED as requested. haha
Last edited by swit_thng on Fri Oct 19, 2007 1:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

swit_thng

Postby swit_thng » Fri Oct 19, 2007 1:14 am

CATVduo wrote:

just my 2 cents ^_^

thanks.. .i agree with you... however... i think they started making dvds of the teleseryes or dramas now... but of course.. that's after the drama...... yup.. i think i would like this more since they have better actors than sana maulit muli... maybe that's only because kim and gerald are new to the acting industry.. but i have to say. theyre so cute together. and yes.. i don't watch kokey... its just weird.. i think its a show mostly for kids... ryt now im only watching ysabella and pangarap na bituin.. i want to see princessa ng banyera... but they didn't show the beginning here in NY :(

i didnot watch sana maulit muli. hehe. at that time, i prefer maging sino ka man. have you watch kimerald's movie? err. [spoiler]i think its disappointing.[/spoiler]

kokey. hahaha. kokey is cute :lol :lol :lol i watch primetime bida straight. :mrgreen:

CATVduo

Postby CATVduo » Fri Oct 19, 2007 1:15 am

swit_thng wrote:
CATVduo wrote:
swit_thng wrote:

Thanks,
-Lhica

i first watched jay-r in PDA so im kinda used to it. hehe. i already saw him in person. he is cute. i think. he was with yeng.

[spoiler]cassie died!!! i wasnt able to watch last night's episode :crazy: i fell asleep due to my endless nights review for exams. haha.[/spoiler]

ahhhh put it in that spoiler thing... don't let them know... i already did it in this post.. edit yours... quick. LOL... i love terrence!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CATVduo

Postby CATVduo » Fri Oct 19, 2007 1:17 am

swit_thng wrote:
CATVduo wrote:

just my 2 cents ^_^

i didnot watch sana maulit muli. hehe. at that time, i prefer maging sino ka man. have you watch kimerald's movie? err. [spoiler]i think its disappointing.[/spoiler]

kokey. hahaha. kokey is cute :lol :lol :lol i watch primetime bida straight. :mrgreen:

which movie?????? is that the one where they have the same name?? [spoiler]is it disappointing because of their acting... or was the ending like disappointing?[/spoiler]

swit_thng

Postby swit_thng » Fri Oct 19, 2007 1:43 am

ive fallen for you. it was shown last september 26 i think..

[spoiler]its disappointing..wel for me. their acting. the plot. their kissing scene! hahaha[/spoiler]

lunargen

Postby lunargen » Fri Oct 19, 2007 3:28 pm

heheh just dropped by to say good job on everybody who's working to bring this to the d-addicts masses. ^,^ if this series isnt gonna be too long, i might give it a chance. my tagalog is getting blunt what with all the jdramas i watch :lol plus i think i'm ready for some heavy pinoy drama again teeheehee

@sakuranantogay - heehee just totally LOLed at the filipino actors dont look filipino. :lol im just curious, what do they look like then?
Avatar thanks to haiki-chan@livejournal

Angelyn

Postby Angelyn » Sat Oct 20, 2007 1:39 am

CATVduo wrote: what part was the sub not showing in the first title?

it just happens randomly throughout. For example, the part where the bicolanos are talking and there’s a subtitle of it in tagalog but not in English. And then the fighting scene between emerald and sapphire where they’re yelling at each other. That’s all I remember right now.
swit_thng wrote: i didnot watch sana maulit muli. hehe. at that time, i prefer maging sino ka man. have you watch kimerald's movie? err.

oooh! I would LOVE it if someone subbed maging sino ka man. I’m in love with john Lloyd cruz hehehe. He has a boyish charm that I find really appealing. Plus the story’s really good. I don’t know about the second season though. But yeah whatever hehe
who's kimerald? :blink
lunargen wrote: @sakuranantogay - heehee just totally LOLed at the filipino actors dont look filipino. :lol im just curious, what do they look like then?

LoL you beat me to this... i was thinking the same thing haha. but then again, think about it... filipinos are scattered all over the world and are pretty open to marrying into other cultures so it's not surprising that there's no true "filipino" look.
Currently watching:

Coffee Prince, Hanazakari no Kimitachi e, Mischievous Princess, My Sister-in-law is 19, & Pangarap na Bituin

CATVduo

Postby CATVduo » Sat Oct 20, 2007 2:20 am

Angelyn wrote:
CATVduo wrote: what part was the sub not showing in the first title?

it just happens randomly throughout. For example, the part where the bicolanos are talking and there’s a subtitle of it in tagalog but not in English. And then the fighting scene between emerald and sapphire where they’re yelling at each other. That’s all I remember right now.

i just checked it... there were subtitles during the bicolano conversation.... the tagalog in it was included on the video... does this happen to anyone else?. and during the yelling part... when ruby was stopping them? u can't really understand what they're yelling to each other... but thank you for pointing out this problem

Angelyn wrote:
swit_thng wrote: i didnot watch sana maulit muli. hehe. at that time, i prefer maging sino ka man. have you watch kimerald's movie? err.

oooh! I would LOVE it if someone subbed maging sino ka man. I’m in love with john Lloyd cruz hehehe. He has a boyish charm that I find really appealing. Plus the story’s really good. I don’t know about the second season though. But yeah whatever hehe
who's kimerald? :blink

lol.. i that show tooo.. someone started subbing it but they dropped it. i would love to sub it... but i read somewhere that someone is subbing it.. but im not sure. i'll check that one again. i love sam and lloydy in that show. john lloyd is so funny.. especially in ASAP.. theres a time when theyre singing (sam, piolo, john) and it was lipsync... and john lloyd forgot.. so you can saw piolo telling john that its his turn.. anyone saw that?? but yeah.. i love sam and anne in MSKM, especially their quotes like "i never said that i love you" and "yes im a sl*t, but i'm the best sl*t in town",.. it was mean when they said that to each other.. but its classic... another two.. "you don't need to love me back... just please let me love you"-j.b. ahhhhhhh kilig! "j.b. if i haven't said it yet... i want to say it now.. i love you"-celine.... theres also some from jackie and eli quotes but i loved jb-celine more

lunargen wrote: @sakuranantogay - heehee just totally LOLed at the filipino actors dont look filipino. :lol im just curious, what do they look like then?

LoL you beat me to this... i was thinking the same thing haha. but then again, think about it... filipinos are scattered all over the world and are pretty open to marrying into other cultures so it's not surprising that there's no true "filipino" look.
[/quote]

but then again... some american actors don't look american... some japanese actors don't look japanese,.... some korean actors don't look korean... some chinese actors don't look chinese...etc..... it's just disappointing that some people think that if you don't have brownish skin color, with flat nose... or whatever filipinos are "suppose to look like"... they'll just hate them. that's just my opinion.. im sorry if i offended anyone with what i just said.

peace
-lhica

violet

Postby violet » Sat Oct 20, 2007 2:54 am

aaaaaaa..........i love jericho!!!!!!!!!!!!
thankx for subbing dis series....
hope u'll sub other pinoy drama........
or movie...hehehe....
thankx for da sub!!!!

CATVduo

Postby CATVduo » Sat Oct 20, 2007 3:12 am

violet wrote:aaaaaaa..........i love jericho!!!!!!!!!!!!
thankx for subbing dis series....
hope u'll sub other pinoy drama........
or movie...hehehe....
thankx for da sub!!!!

i love jericho toooo!!!!!!!! ur welcome :P

Sakari

Postby Sakari » Mon Oct 29, 2007 7:33 am

EDIT 2007-10-30: As of recently, an advertisement seems to appear as part of every message that is first on its page. As I do not like this, and as this was such a post, I deleted the contents (I don't know how to delete the post itself.)
Last edited by Sakari on Tue Oct 30, 2007 6:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

xylon14

Filipino dramas

Postby xylon14 » Mon Oct 29, 2007 7:54 am

i like your idea of subbing Filipino dramas. i hope you can sub of the others dramas which make a boom in asia lang "PANGAKO SAYO" and many more. i would like to try also sub's some Filipino dramas. :-)

wangbu

Postby wangbu » Mon Oct 29, 2007 2:42 pm

Sakari wrote:A question about the dialogue - why is English used for numbers? In the TV reports on the volcano eruption, say, a reporter would speak Tagalog (I presume) otherwise, but would switch to English to state the number of casualties and the like.

Thank you for the subtitles!

Hi Sakari,

Most Filipinos are fluent English speakers especially in the Metro Manila area. Most Filipinos are more used to speaking numbers in English than in Tagalog because it is easier to say. Numbers spoken in Tagalog could be very long and somewhat inconvenient to be said in fast speech such as in the news.

When numbers are expressed in English in a fast pace like in the news, some people would just speak the numbers as it is instead of the proper language (e.g. 3,270,577 may be said "three-two-seven-zero-five-seven-seven" instead of "three million two hundred seventy thousand five hundred seventy seven". But saying it in the Tagalog language ("tatlong milyon dalawang daan at pitung pong libo, limang daan at pitung pu't pito") is just too long to be mentioned even in normal conversations. :)
:goggle: Wang Bu :goggle:

http://fansub.d-addicts.com/Noypi_Fansubs

Currently watching: Densha Otoko, Lalola

reiyuki

Postby reiyuki » Sat Jun 14, 2008 7:29 pm

wow Sarah Geronimo looks different there o.o
I guess I'll check it out
how many episodes?

Return to “Subtitles”