The King And I [Eng Subs] (Ep 1-12 of 63) [Dropped]

You can find/upload subtitle files for tv drama series here.
Please use the Fansubbing forum to discuss subtitles.
User avatar
Newbie-Forever
Posts: 22
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2007 4:24 pm
Location: MALAYSIA

The King And I [Eng Subs] (Ep 1-12 of 63) [Dropped]

Postby Newbie-Forever » Sat Sep 15, 2007 4:32 pm

Title : The King And I
Genre : Historica
Episodes: 50
Broadcast network: SBS
Broadcast period: 2007-Aug-27 to 2008-Feb
Air time: Mondays & Tuesdays 21:55


Link info : http://wiki.d-addicts.com/The_King_and_I

I just wanna share with you.
Attachments
The.King.And.I.E11.HDTV.XviD-Seattle.srt
(42.84 KiB) Downloaded 1809 times
The.King.And.I.E12.HDTV.XviD-BADATV.srt
(45.54 KiB) Downloaded 2388 times
The.King.And.I.E09.HDTV.XviD-Crystal.srt
(43.97 KiB) Downloaded 1612 times
The.King.And.I.E10.HDTV.XviD-Seattle.srt
(43.73 KiB) Downloaded 1931 times
The.King.And.I.E07.HDTV.XviD-Crystal.srt
(41.86 KiB) Downloaded 1564 times
The.King.And.I.E08.HDTV.XviD-Crystal.srt
(50.39 KiB) Downloaded 1764 times
The.King.And.I.E06.HDTV.XviD-ENTAL.srt
(45.35 KiB) Downloaded 1880 times
The.King.And.I.E04.KOR.HDTV.XVID-ENTAL.srt
(36.82 KiB) Downloaded 1809 times
The.King.And.I.E05.KOR.HDTV.XVID-ENTAL.srt
(39.86 KiB) Downloaded 1758 times
The.King.And.I.E02.HDTV.XviD-JN.srt
(36.77 KiB) Downloaded 1879 times
The.King.And.I.E03.HDTV.XviD-Manila.srt
(43.8 KiB) Downloaded 1877 times
King.and.I.E01.KOR.HDTV.XVID-FORUS.srt
(26.38 KiB) Downloaded 2664 times
Last edited by Newbie-Forever on Tue Oct 23, 2007 8:11 am, edited 9 times in total.

akil
Posts: 47
Joined: Tue May 29, 2007 8:00 am
Location: Netherlands

Postby akil » Sat Sep 15, 2007 4:36 pm

thanks, now I'll get the ep too

cunho
Posts: 148
Joined: Thu Mar 02, 2006 8:48 am

Postby cunho » Sat Sep 15, 2007 4:41 pm

Thank you so much , I didn't know that a subbing team has taken this long serie .

olinon
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2007 5:53 am

Postby olinon » Sat Sep 15, 2007 5:30 pm

Ahhhhhh! I wanted to watch this drama!
Thank you so much for sharing the sub!!!!!

WroW
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 2313
Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2004 3:08 am
Location: Germany

Postby WroW » Sat Sep 15, 2007 5:41 pm

What a great surprise, I really wanted to see this...thank you!!! :-)

User avatar
roaceica
Posts: 492
Joined: Sat Apr 24, 2004 1:37 pm
Location: UK

Postby roaceica » Sat Sep 15, 2007 5:56 pm

thanks so much Newbie-Forever! can i just ask...i don't mean to be demanding or anything..but are you planning on subbing the entire drama? i just don't want to start downloading the avi files but then at the end the subs won't be all released or done... thanks so much again!

Khai77
Posts: 21
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2005 8:35 am

Postby Khai77 » Sat Sep 15, 2007 7:53 pm

Newbie-Forever, thank for subbing this... Actually i really hope that someone could subbing this, And also this is really long drama, i hope that you will gonna finish it... FIGHTING!
Thank!

Hudsonn
Posts: 4587
Joined: Mon Mar 01, 2004 5:50 pm
Location: €urope

Postby Hudsonn » Sat Sep 15, 2007 8:10 pm

Thank you Newbie-Forever!
Image
Heo Yun Mi

Sayumi
Posts: 233
Joined: Thu Apr 27, 2006 1:50 pm
Location: UK

Postby Sayumi » Sat Sep 15, 2007 8:23 pm

wasn't there a movie with the same name, starring jodie foster? just asking :)

divab
Posts: 23
Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2007 4:32 am
Location: USA

Postby divab » Sat Sep 15, 2007 10:22 pm

ahhhhhhhhhhhhh, thank you soo much, i was praying someone would sub this, because this is one drama i would really like to keep it hq along with the 4 gods, thank you again!

User avatar
mily2
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 359
Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2005 8:54 am
Location: CA

Postby mily2 » Sun Sep 16, 2007 2:29 am

thank you so much for taking on this difficult challenge.. you rock!! please continue and you are amazing!! :wub:
Image

User avatar
JOJO2002
Posts: 133
Joined: Sun Apr 29, 2007 9:37 pm
Location: Earth

Postby JOJO2002 » Sun Sep 16, 2007 7:07 am

Thanks bro.. Sorry to call you bro because your name look very interesting. Good job for a ...... Keep Smile.

pastshot
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2007 6:43 pm

Postby pastshot » Sun Sep 16, 2007 6:47 pm

Thanks for the subs!

I took the liberty of editing them so the dialogue is smoother, so if you don't mind, I can post the edited file.

But anyway, thanks again for the subs!

User avatar
Starfire12
Posts: 138
Joined: Thu Jun 03, 2004 7:12 am
Location: Piteå

Postby Starfire12 » Sun Sep 16, 2007 9:07 pm

Great that someone is subbing this series.
Are the subs timed to those episodes seeded on the 1-6 batch torrent?
Just introduce a woman, - Conspiracies succeed; - Of soldiers or their weapons, - There really is no need. - They fought their bloody battles, - And doughty deeds were done; - but in a garden summer house - The victory was won.
Romance of the 3 Kingdoms

whoisme
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Aug 14, 2005 6:50 am

Postby whoisme » Tue Sep 18, 2007 2:20 pm

Thanks very much. Please continue your work till the end. Thanks

WroW
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 2313
Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2004 3:08 am
Location: Germany

Postby WroW » Tue Sep 18, 2007 2:24 pm

Thanks!! :-)

User avatar
elden41
Posts: 585
Joined: Fri Nov 18, 2005 1:23 pm
Location: OC, CA

Postby elden41 » Tue Sep 18, 2007 7:29 pm

Thanks Newbie for your efforts. However, it was extremely difficult for me to understand or complete the first episode so I will pass. But thanks for your generosity and hard work.

divab
Posts: 23
Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2007 4:32 am
Location: USA

Postby divab » Wed Sep 19, 2007 5:01 am

yeah u are up to eppy 3, AJA!!!!!!!!!!! fighting!!! thank you soo much!!!

wujou_mao
Posts: 344
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 2:39 pm
Location: Peterborough UK

Postby wujou_mao » Wed Sep 19, 2007 6:20 am

Sayumi wrote:wasn't there a movie with the same name, starring jodie foster? just asking :)


yes awful film. i can see why the film is banned in Thailand. oh, and the film itself its a remake of a '50 musical called Anna and the king

Rinaldo
Posts: 175
Joined: Fri May 19, 2006 5:51 pm
Location: East of Eden

Postby Rinaldo » Wed Sep 19, 2007 7:26 am

ooo great thanks for the subs :) this show(serial) is great !!! ;)

Miru2
Posts: 10
Joined: Sun Jun 03, 2007 6:53 pm

Postby Miru2 » Wed Sep 19, 2007 3:25 pm

episode 5 already out.
fighting

WroW
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 2313
Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2004 3:08 am
Location: Germany

Postby WroW » Wed Sep 19, 2007 3:28 pm

Thanks...almost caught up with the airing.

User avatar
JOJO2002
Posts: 133
Joined: Sun Apr 29, 2007 9:37 pm
Location: Earth

Postby JOJO2002 » Wed Sep 19, 2007 3:29 pm

I still didn't believe how a single person could made a subbing for this wonderful drama. But i really salute for you NEWBIE-FOREVER. Hope you will sub this till the end

cunho
Posts: 148
Joined: Thu Mar 02, 2006 8:48 am

Postby cunho » Wed Sep 19, 2007 3:47 pm

Thank you so much for your hard work . I'm really grateful for what you do .

arum99
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Jul 25, 2006 3:18 pm

Postby arum99 » Wed Sep 19, 2007 4:09 pm

You are so great. Thank you for sub. I hope you dothis till the end ep.

divab
Posts: 23
Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2007 4:32 am
Location: USA

Postby divab » Wed Sep 19, 2007 7:38 pm

OMG i tip my hat to you, for the amount of effort in time u are putting into this series and u are up to eppy 5, GOD i love you right now!!! thanks so much, AJA!!

User avatar
Rain My Star
Posts: 43
Joined: Wed Aug 16, 2006 10:28 am

Postby Rain My Star » Thu Sep 20, 2007 12:39 am

Thanks very much. Please continue your work till the end. Thanks

giada@
Posts: 66
Joined: Fri Aug 18, 2006 6:36 pm

Postby giada@ » Thu Sep 20, 2007 6:31 am

thanks you soooo much :wub:

omnhom
Posts: 40
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2006 2:20 am

Postby omnhom » Fri Sep 21, 2007 2:29 am

Hi, could you please help me which website can i download first , two and three eppsde to correct the sub? i down load on WITHS2CB doesn't match with your sub. Thanks for yor help.........................

Andais
Posts: 27
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2005 4:48 pm
Location: Michigan, USA

Postby Andais » Fri Sep 21, 2007 2:41 am

wujou_mao wrote:
Sayumi wrote:wasn't there a movie with the same name, starring jodie foster? just asking :)


yes awful film. i can see why the film is banned in Thailand. oh, and the film itself its a remake of a '50 musical called Anna and the king


Actually the Jodie Foster movie is called Anna and the King. The movie from the 50's is called The King and I.

misho
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2007 6:31 am
Location: California

Postby misho » Fri Sep 21, 2007 3:48 am

omnhom wrote:Hi, could you please help me which website can i download first , two and three eppsde to correct the sub? i down load on WITHS2CB doesn't match with your sub. Thanks for yor help.........................

You know if you use gomplayer you can adjust the subtitles' speed to match the speech, so it won't matter which version of the episodes you downloaded http://www.gomplayer.com

Rinaldo
Posts: 175
Joined: Fri May 19, 2006 5:51 pm
Location: East of Eden

Postby Rinaldo » Fri Sep 21, 2007 12:50 pm

oooo the bad guy is the actor that played KING OF BYEO, from JUMONG ;)

omnhom
Posts: 40
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2006 2:20 am

Postby omnhom » Fri Sep 21, 2007 5:09 pm

Thanks Misho biut episode 1, I can't understand at all , the sub and the video can't match therefore I don't know what is going on please tell me what i should do?

misho
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2007 6:31 am
Location: California

Postby misho » Sat Sep 22, 2007 5:46 am

omnhom wrote:Thanks Misho biut episode 1, I can't understand at all , the sub and the video can't match therefore I don't know what is going on please tell me what i should do?
Ok omnhom, once you put the subtitles in gomplayer you can control the speed with <and> (comma and period). You'll see the speed on the top left corner and thus you can adjust the subtitles to the speech :)

wujou_mao
Posts: 344
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 2:39 pm
Location: Peterborough UK

Postby wujou_mao » Sat Sep 22, 2007 8:03 pm

Newbie-Forever, thanks for the quick release subs of the king and i. one question tho, are you a korean living in Malaysia thats learning English or you're a Malay/Chinese that can speak English but learning Korean?

the translation of the subtitles are like the subs from 'Seo Dong Yo and Jewel in the Palace. but hey, at least someone has got them out. but i'd have to pass on your subs as i can't understand the plot

User avatar
JOJO2002
Posts: 133
Joined: Sun Apr 29, 2007 9:37 pm
Location: Earth

Postby JOJO2002 » Sun Sep 23, 2007 4:22 am

Thanks...

Nonbirira
Posts: 177
Joined: Sat May 12, 2007 12:34 pm
Location: Japan

Postby Nonbirira » Sun Sep 23, 2007 4:36 am

Thanks so much! Looks like a great drama! :cheers:

User avatar
joshka69
Posts: 13
Joined: Sun Sep 23, 2007 2:49 pm

Postby joshka69 » Sun Sep 23, 2007 2:53 pm

I noticed these eps are in srt format. How do I open and view these episodes?

misho
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2007 6:31 am
Location: California

Postby misho » Mon Sep 24, 2007 2:45 am

you just drag the srt file in your media player

mei_yee_chan
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat Jul 23, 2005 12:49 pm
Location: Malaysia
Contact:

Postby mei_yee_chan » Mon Sep 24, 2007 3:20 am

Wow! Thanks so much for providing the English subtitles. Keep it up and hopefully you'll be subbing it till the very last episode. ^_^

omnhom
Posts: 40
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2006 2:20 am

Postby omnhom » Sun Sep 30, 2007 10:43 pm

Thanks for the sub I really like this drama, please continue to provide the subtitles to the end. :-)

greenwing
Posts: 142
Joined: Thu Dec 23, 2004 3:42 am

Postby greenwing » Wed Oct 10, 2007 1:35 am

Thanks so much for the subs!!!

User avatar
Newbie-Forever
Posts: 22
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2007 4:24 pm
Location: MALAYSIA

Postby Newbie-Forever » Thu Oct 11, 2007 10:16 am

D-addicts Torrent Link For Episode 7 and 8 ----] http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_53790.htm

omnhom
Posts: 40
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2006 2:20 am

Postby omnhom » Fri Oct 12, 2007 2:53 am

Big thanks for Newbie-Forever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

User avatar
Ssang
Posts: 151
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2006 7:06 am

Postby Ssang » Fri Oct 12, 2007 4:56 am

Wow. I wasn't expecting this.

Thank you very much for all your efforts and your willingness to share, Newbie-Forever.

I like The King And I very much.

Often when I watch it, I feel as though I am watching some kind of highbrow stage drama production.

yorthen
Posts: 54
Joined: Thu Dec 08, 2005 9:59 pm

Postby yorthen » Fri Oct 12, 2007 10:10 pm

Thank you very much Newbie-Forever, I really like The King and I. It is a bit strange that Yi San gets all the attention when this one is just as good. I really hope you will continue working on this series.

User avatar
JOJO2002
Posts: 133
Joined: Sun Apr 29, 2007 9:37 pm
Location: Earth

Postby JOJO2002 » Tue Oct 16, 2007 3:44 am

I already got the permission from newbie forever. So after she post the soft sub, i can upload the HARDSUB version and maybe with X264 and DIVX6 version to

http://clubbox.co.kr/W1S3

Note : First i will up the rest of raw version right here, Wuih it's hard to say because.... around 50 episodes my friends. hahahahaahahaha

Go go go newbie forever, i never assume that newbie forever just a 20 years little cute girl. Hope you not weary to sub this drama. Keep the courage my friend.

User avatar
Newbie-Forever
Posts: 22
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2007 4:24 pm
Location: MALAYSIA

Postby Newbie-Forever » Tue Oct 16, 2007 7:45 am

JOJO plz hurry to upload the rest of episodes, so i can check it at my subs. Lol

User avatar
JOJO2002
Posts: 133
Joined: Sun Apr 29, 2007 9:37 pm
Location: Earth

Postby JOJO2002 » Tue Oct 16, 2007 8:18 am

Hohohoho, plz be patient cutie girl.

User avatar
Newbie-Forever
Posts: 22
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2007 4:24 pm
Location: MALAYSIA

Postby Newbie-Forever » Thu Oct 18, 2007 4:33 pm

For my another project like GALILEO, COUPLE BREAKING [OCN KOREAN MINI SERIES]. JOJO2002 will help me to upload the hardsub version. See you my friends. And wanna said Cheers to jojo2002, thanks for your great helps.

skara
Posts: 261
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2004 11:58 pm

Postby skara » Thu Oct 18, 2007 5:30 pm

Thanks 2 subs.

bleach4ichigo
Posts: 428
Joined: Fri Oct 27, 2006 3:49 pm

Postby bleach4ichigo » Thu Oct 18, 2007 5:32 pm

thanks for ep 9 & 10 :D :thumright:
---==Currently watching==---

omnhom
Posts: 40
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2006 2:20 am

Postby omnhom » Thu Oct 18, 2007 6:25 pm

thanks for the subs

yorthen
Posts: 54
Joined: Thu Dec 08, 2005 9:59 pm

Postby yorthen » Thu Oct 18, 2007 8:00 pm

Thank you for the subtitles.

User avatar
Rain My Star
Posts: 43
Joined: Wed Aug 16, 2006 10:28 am

Postby Rain My Star » Sat Oct 20, 2007 9:50 pm

Thank you very much :wub:

wujou_mao
Posts: 344
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 2:39 pm
Location: Peterborough UK

Postby wujou_mao » Sat Oct 20, 2007 10:08 pm

JOJO2002 wrote:I already got the permission from newbie forever. So after she post the soft sub, i can upload the HARDSUB version and maybe with X264 and DIVX6 version to

http://clubbox.co.kr/W1S3

Note : First i will up the rest of raw version right here, Wuih it's hard to say because.... around 50 episodes my friends. hahahahaahahaha

Go go go newbie forever, i never assume that newbie forever just a 20 years little cute girl. Hope you not weary to sub this drama. Keep the courage my friend.


thanks for your clubbox link. good to see you have Seoul's sad song there, but before i go any further, is the one hardsubbed at your clubbox link the same rip as the DVD of Seoul's sad song you can buy in KL, Malaysia? i found the story was hard to understand cos of the crap english translation spelling / grammer mistakes

User avatar
Ssang
Posts: 151
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2006 7:06 am

Postby Ssang » Sun Oct 21, 2007 9:56 am

Ssang wrote:More fansubs? :O

Image

Kamsamnida!

Image


Thanks Newbie-Forever. :p

User avatar
Newbie-Forever
Posts: 22
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2007 4:24 pm
Location: MALAYSIA

Postby Newbie-Forever » Tue Oct 23, 2007 8:13 am

Hip Hip Hoorayyyy...

bleach4ichigo
Posts: 428
Joined: Fri Oct 27, 2006 3:49 pm

Postby bleach4ichigo » Tue Oct 23, 2007 5:02 pm

thanks for the double release :thumright:
---==Currently watching==---

User avatar
Ssang
Posts: 151
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2006 7:06 am

Postby Ssang » Tue Oct 23, 2007 11:31 pm

Thansk Newbie-Forever for the subs.

There's 1 problem though. The subtitles for episode 11 seem to be off. The timing doesn't synchronize.

Even when I manually delay or forward the subtitle for a few seconds to match it with any one line, the rest of the subs go more out of sync.

Any suggestions?

Subs for episode 12 seems to be fine.

User avatar
flip_warrior
Posts: 38
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2003 9:36 pm
Location: Canada

Postby flip_warrior » Wed Oct 24, 2007 12:27 am

Ssang wrote:Thansk Newbie-Forever for the subs.

There's 1 problem though. The subtitles for episode 11 seem to be off. The timing doesn't synchronize.

Even when I manually delay or forward the subtitle for a few seconds to match it with any one line, the rest of the subs go more out of sync.

Any suggestions?

Subs for episode 12 seems to be fine.


Yeah. I partially corrected the first 7 minutes, but it's certainly not fun watching and having to fix every line. :( It kinda ruins some moments--mini spoilers.

Hopefully someone will release a revision of the subs with perfect timing.

Thanks for the Subs, though. :D
Mada Mada Dane!

bleach4ichigo
Posts: 428
Joined: Fri Oct 27, 2006 3:49 pm

Postby bleach4ichigo » Wed Oct 24, 2007 2:29 am

flip_warrior wrote:
Ssang wrote:Thansk Newbie-Forever for the subs.

There's 1 problem though. The subtitles for episode 11 seem to be off. The timing doesn't synchronize.

Even when I manually delay or forward the subtitle for a few seconds to match it with any one line, the rest of the subs go more out of sync.

Any suggestions?

Subs for episode 12 seems to be fine.


Yeah. I partially corrected the first 7 minutes, but it's certainly not fun watching and having to fix every line. :( It kinda ruins some moments--mini spoilers.

Hopefully someone will release a revision of the subs with perfect timing.

Thanks for the Subs, though. :D


yes the timing doesn't match. hope for a corrected version ^_^
---==Currently watching==---

xxmikeyxx
Posts: 100
Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2005 5:13 pm

Postby xxmikeyxx » Wed Oct 24, 2007 5:38 am

Yes same here too. Was really happy 11-12 sub was release but after watching a few mins of 11 now im kinda >:-[. Hopefully we all get a revise one very soon.

User avatar
flip_warrior
Posts: 38
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2003 9:36 pm
Location: Canada

Postby flip_warrior » Wed Oct 24, 2007 6:04 am

Here is my edited timing of the sub for episode 11. It's not perfect, but it should be much better than the previous version.
Attachments
King.and.I.E11.KOR.HDTV.XViD-Seattle Version 2.srt
(42.84 KiB) Downloaded 343 times
Mada Mada Dane!

xxmikeyxx
Posts: 100
Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2005 5:13 pm

Postby xxmikeyxx » Wed Oct 24, 2007 7:27 am

flip_warrior wrote:Here is my edited timing of the sub for episode 11. It's not perfect, but it should be much better than the previous version.


After revising over and over for about 2 hrs i gotta say I QUIT lol trying to revise it when you can't even understand it in the first place is very hard :P . Just wanted to say thanks for the revise sub it was better then the previous but it still gave me headache :crazy: hopefully sooooooooooon i think :cry:

User avatar
marienella_m
Posts: 710
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2004 4:52 pm

Postby marienella_m » Wed Oct 24, 2007 7:37 am

Newbie-Forever, im really grateful for your subs! i love this drama..it's a must watch! :thumleft: :cheers: :wub:

User avatar
flip_warrior
Posts: 38
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2003 9:36 pm
Location: Canada

Postby flip_warrior » Wed Oct 24, 2007 7:46 am

xxmikeyxx wrote:
flip_warrior wrote:Here is my edited timing of the sub for episode 11. It's not perfect, but it should be much better than the previous version.


After revising over and over for about 2 hrs i gotta say I QUIT lol trying to revise it when you can't even understand it in the first place is very hard :P . Just wanted to say thanks for the revise sub it was better then the previous but it still gave me headache :crazy: hopefully sooooooooooon i think :cry:

Yeah, the translations are really hard to follow. It was hard trying to find the correct line for the correct time. It took lots of trial and error. :(
Mada Mada Dane!

xxmikeyxx
Posts: 100
Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2005 5:13 pm

Postby xxmikeyxx » Thu Oct 25, 2007 7:01 am

Has anyone else tried to revise their own copy of 11 sub? J/W If you have can you please share. 8)

mznakata
Posts: 17
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2007 8:10 am

Postby mznakata » Thu Oct 25, 2007 12:45 pm

i know i ask this question
but i am trying to download the avi file for The.Four.Gods.Special.KOR.070910.HDTV.XviD.Ental-[WITH S2].srt
and the only site i can find are korean one i am not korean so i duno how to read or registered is there another way so i can download this thanks

xxmikeyxx
Posts: 100
Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2005 5:13 pm

Postby xxmikeyxx » Thu Oct 25, 2007 2:09 pm

mznakata wrote:i know i ask this question
but i am trying to download the avi file for The.Four.Gods.Special.KOR.070910.HDTV.XviD.Ental-[WITH S2].srt
and the only site i can find are korean one i am not korean so i duno how to read or registered is there another way so i can download this thanks


First is first your kind of in the wrong thread to start with. And there is a thread made just for Legend/The Four Gods. It would be of more help to you if you posted your question about that drama in there.

User avatar
Ssang
Posts: 151
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2006 7:06 am

Postby Ssang » Thu Oct 25, 2007 8:12 pm

Unfortunately, subtitles for episode 12 don't fare much better.

The timing is OK (except when long lines dart across the screen in a split second), but the main problem is the translation.

I'm sorry to say this but it seems like the translator for these episodes wasn't even trying- and worse was making stuff up along the way.

I hope Newbie-Forever, or anyone generous enough for that matter, takes care to rectify the subtitles eventually.

POSTEDIT: Cross out the above. The translatoins seem to be perfectly fine but the timing is about 34 seconds off. Manually adjusted the timings go out of sync in the same way the ep 11 subs does. Hmm. I think the problem has something to do with framerates...

xxmikeyxx
Posts: 100
Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2005 5:13 pm

Postby xxmikeyxx » Fri Oct 26, 2007 4:38 am

Ssang wrote:Unfortunately, subtitles for episode 12 don't fare much better.

The timing is OK (except when long lines dart across the screen in a split second), but the main problem is the translation.

I'm sorry to say this but it seems like the translator for these episodes wasn't even trying- and worse was making stuff up along the way.

I hope Newbie-Forever, or anyone generous enough for that matter, takes care to rectify the subtitles eventually.

POSTEDIT: Cross out the above. The translatoins seem to be perfectly fine but the timing is about 34 seconds off. Manually adjusted the timings go out of sync in the same way the ep 11 subs does. Hmm. I think the problem has something to do with framerates...


Dido i just watch part of ep 12 and sub for that are better but far from good :-( HELP!!!

Melhior
Posts: 6
Joined: Sat Oct 27, 2007 6:00 pm

Postby Melhior » Sat Oct 27, 2007 8:41 pm

Quick & dirty timing fix for ep11 and 12.

Some lines of translated text was missing in ep11, so all following text was shifted forward. Replaced missing parts with string '123456789'.

In ep12 some long sentences were probably meant to be broken between two lines but weren't - again following lines were shifted forward.

Also made some random minor changes in text that will hopefully go unnoticed and won't affect the original style.
Attachments
The.King.And.I.E12.HDTV.XviD-BADATV_adjusted_timings.srt
(45.41 KiB) Downloaded 329 times
The.King.And.I.E11.HDTV.XviD-Seattle_ajusted_timings.srt
(42.46 KiB) Downloaded 418 times

yorthen
Posts: 54
Joined: Thu Dec 08, 2005 9:59 pm

Postby yorthen » Sun Oct 28, 2007 11:27 am

Melhior: Thank you very much. I had actually started working on ep12 myself but I have only fixed half of it so far. Since you versions seems to be as good as I can make it I will simply use those instead. :cheers:

xxmikeyxx
Posts: 100
Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2005 5:13 pm

Postby xxmikeyxx » Mon Oct 29, 2007 2:39 am

Melhior wrote:Quick & dirty timing fix for ep11 and 12.

Some lines of translated text was missing in ep11, so all following text was shifted forward. Replaced missing parts with string '123456789'.

In ep12 some long sentences were probably meant to be broken between two lines but weren't - again following lines were shifted forward.

Also made some random minor changes in text that will hopefully go unnoticed and won't affect the original style.


Just finishing watching both 11 and 12 for the, i don't know how many times now lost track of how many times i tried to watch and redo the subs. After watching so so so many times i notice most of the places that the subs we're changed :-]D lol. But your a life savior. Thanks for the great subs can't wait for 13 :-).

-Mikey


Return to “Subtitles”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 23 guests