Lavender [Eng Subs] (Ep 1-8) [DROPPED]

You can find/upload subtitle files for tv drama series here.
Please use the Fansubbing forum to discuss subtitles.
zooey

Lavender [Eng Subs] (Ep 1-8) [DROPPED]

Postby zooey » Tue Jun 12, 2007 1:56 am

Series Info: http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Lavender
Number of episodes: 10
Broadcast Year: 2002

Credits
Raws and original engrish subs uploaded by aNToK - Torrent Link
Spot translations by Kerwin

Subtitle References
Story 1 : Original engrish subtitles and corrected subs by gsrrr
Story 2 : Original engrish subtitles and corrected subs by sweatpea
Story 3 : Corrected english subs by aNToK
Story 4 : Corrected english subs by aNToK
Story 5 : Original engrish subtitles and corrected subs by aNToK and Camcam
Story 6 : Corrected english subs by aNToK
Story 7 : Corrected english subs by aNToK and gsrrr
Story 8 : Original engrish subtitles

Addtional References
- SET TV translations for episode 9,10 & 15

Notes:
- Subtitles for episode recaps and previews were removed.
- Song lyrics for Episodes 4 & 5 removed to avoid confusion from actual dialogue.
- Added translations for scenes covered by timestamps 11:53-12:07 of Story 2 and 18:27 - 18:48 of Story 5, missing from the original release.
- The SET TV Broadcast (15 episodes) featured scenes that were not included in the Dvd version (10 episodes). Most of the omitted scenes are in the last part of the show but have little or no substantial effect on the story.

DISCLAIMER:
These subtitles have the dvd engrish subtitles as a base with the exception of some scenes transcribed from the SET TV broadcast. As such, the accuracy of the translations cannot be guaranteed. The basic objective is just to maintain a coherent narrative in order to provide a more tolerable set of subtitles for the few who wish to enjoy this drama.

STATUS UPDATE:
It's been a year since this project has been started and it's still not finished. After a short stint with a fansubbing group, I think I'm ready to give this the attention that it deserves. Upon reviewing the batch I uploaded, I realized that the timings from the engrish subs were a bit off kilter. Since I'm feeling marvelously anal, I've decided to revise the previous subs released and make sure that the timings are really in sync this time.

Here are the first four episodes of the QCd files. The rest of the episodes are to follow. I'll be taking down the old batch once I've uploaded the new set of subs. As always, feedback would be appreciated.
Attachments
Lavender 1-4.rar
Story 1: For You, I'll Come Back
Story 2: Do You Know What Lavender Symbolizes?
Story 3: Goodbye. The 20th Birthday Promise
Story 4: A Scarred Heart and a Tired Heart
(69.27 KiB) Downloaded 511 times
Ep 8.srt
Lavender English subtitles. Story 8. In sync with dvd-ripped raws provided by aNToK. (files subject to QC)
(51.57 KiB) Downloaded 633 times
Lavender Subtitles 1-7.rar
Lavender English subtitles. Story 1-7 of 10. In sync with dvd-ripped raws provided by aNToK. (files subject to QC)
(114.16 KiB) Downloaded 681 times
Last edited by zooey on Sat Jun 07, 2008 3:08 pm, edited 20 times in total.

jholic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby jholic » Wed Jun 13, 2007 1:22 am

zooey: welcome to the world of fansubbing. i haven't been able to review your subs yet, but i just wanted to compliment you on the information you provided in your first post. most excellent. keep up the great work!
Use THUMBS UP/DOWN buttons to KEEP or DELETE posts.
If you see SPAM or ABUSE, use the REPORT button.

zooey

Postby zooey » Fri Jun 15, 2007 12:16 am

@ jholic : Thanks for the welcome. I just wanted to try make a contribution while I'm on hiatus. Lavender is pretty much a non-invasive and low profile subbing project so I hope I don't botch things up. :-)

And for the handful of people downloading this series, I'll try to keep seeding the files till next month. As usual, any comments to improve on the existing subs will be appreciated.
Last edited by zooey on Fri Jun 15, 2007 1:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

zooey

Postby zooey » Fri Jun 15, 2007 1:33 am

This is going to take a while since this drama is apparently riddled with flashbacks. I still get thrown when some of the characters switch to english or when they say quite a mouthful, consequently making it hard to encapsulate everything in the lines provided. :blink

EDIT: And a year later, I still encounter the same difficulties...
Last edited by zooey on Sat Jun 07, 2008 3:14 pm, edited 5 times in total.

melica37

Postby melica37 » Fri Jun 15, 2007 1:44 am

Thanks a lot for working on this. I have downloaded the video but have never watched them but I will now. :D

drZero

Postby drZero » Fri Jun 15, 2007 1:48 am

im planning to burn another copy of this series, i guess i just have to wait until all edited subs r out.

THANK Ü so much for your effort zooey chan :salut:
Give and you shall receive... :P

zooey

Postby zooey » Sat Jun 16, 2007 2:23 am

@ melica37 and drZero : I hope the revisions were of some help in further appreciating this drama.

The next batch might take a while, since my initial QC person (i.e. my mother) bailed on me. Plus, I might need an insulin shot after some of the saccharine scenes of Ep 6... :glare: Expect them to put in the waterworks after that. Good thing this drama is short. Will try to churn out the rest of the episodes asap but I'll try to make the lines more succinct and avoid typos. Kindly alert me if something is hideously wrong with the subs. Until next time.
Last edited by zooey on Sat Jun 30, 2007 11:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.

kht2015

Postby kht2015 » Wed Jun 20, 2007 1:14 am

Thank you Zooey for the revised subs. It helps a lot and make the whole watching experience more enjoyable. Keep up the good work and we look forward to your next release :cheers:

lovejdorama

Postby lovejdorama » Sun Feb 10, 2008 6:22 am

are the corrected subs for episodes 9 & 10 out already? i hope someone shares them soon.

Return to “Subtitles”