Moment in Peking 2005 [Eng Subs] (Ep 1-11 of 44)

You can find/upload subtitle files for tv drama series here.
Please use the Fansubbing forum to discuss subtitles.
Seghal

Moment in Peking 2005 [Eng Subs] (Ep 1-11 of 44)

Postby Seghal » Tue May 15, 2007 1:19 pm

Based on the famous novel "Moment in Peking" By LIN YUTANG.

THE APPEARANCE of a novel of China, written in English but in the authentic manner of the Chinese novelists, is a literary event of the first order, especially when it comes from the author of those famous works, My Country and My People and The Importance of Living.

The scene is a moving panorama of contemporary China, covering nearly forty years, from the terror of the Boxer Rebillion in 1900 to the bitter excitement of the present Japanese invasion, a period of great social change and adjustment in the lives of a teeming humanity.

The story is that of two daughters of a Peking upper middle-class family, the gay, whimsical, soft-voiced Mulan, and the bright-eyed, practical, more womanly Mochow. Around these two chief characters is depicted the intimate family life of an old official family. Three sons and three strikingly contrasted daughter-in-law offer a cross-section of the bewildering modern generation of China. Revealing with tenderness and humor their conflicts and jealousies, their loves and sorrows, the story develops as its theme the dissolution of family disipline and the conflict of the individual and the family.

The author makes no plea for the old ways or for the new. Telling of Chinese people as he has known them, he presents modern China in flesh and blood, carrying a step further the interpretation given in sly and wry comments in his previous books. This is above all a tale of people.

As the author himself says in his preface, "It is a story of how men and woman in the contemporary era grow up and learn to live with one another, how they love and hate and quarrel and forgive and suffer and enjoy, how certain habits of living and ways of thinking are found, and how, above all, they adjust themselves to the circumstances in this earthly life where men strive but the gods rule."

Credits: http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Moment_in_Peking
Official Website: http://www.gt-m.com/movie/jinghua/index.htm

Ripping, Coding, Editing and Uploading: Seghal
Source: DVD
Video Codec: XVid 1.2
Resolution: 640x352
Bitrate: 904-1380 kb/s
Audio: MP3 CBR 128 kb/s
Spoken language: Mandarin
Subtitles: English

In some episode are at the beginning a few seconds of the latter episode. That's because I have edited them after the encoding. For the same is reason the video bitrate and the filesize of the episodes varies.

Because of connection sharing with my roommate I can't guarantee 24/7 seeding. So please be patient with me.

Spell checked subtitles: klick
Last edited by Seghal on Tue Jul 10, 2007 6:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

vanggirlie

Postby vanggirlie » Thu May 17, 2007 9:35 am

thanks for sharing. i've seen a dubbed version of this but i'd like to see the subs.

i feel bad for vicki zhao's characer (mulan). such a good person who goes thru hard times and still stays a good person.
let's love like we've never been hurt before~*~
let's dance like no one is praising us~*~
let's sing like no one is listening to us~*~
let's work like we don't need money for it~*~
let's live like today is dooms day~*~

koulen

Postby koulen » Thu May 17, 2007 2:38 pm

Thank you for sharing... :)

YouShan
Fansubber
Fansubber

Postby YouShan » Thu May 17, 2007 8:45 pm

Nice, a xvid version. I saw this already on TV, really good to watch.

Thanks for the xvid version!

gumbico

Postby gumbico » Sat May 19, 2007 5:35 pm

Big thanks! I love these kinds of dramas!

xingdau

Postby xingdau » Tue May 22, 2007 1:35 am

Thanks a lot. I've been waiting for this series with English subtitle for quite a while

yukio mishima

Postby yukio mishima » Tue May 22, 2007 5:06 pm

thanks!

eli2k

Postby eli2k » Thu May 31, 2007 9:44 pm

Thank you. A friend recommended that I check out this drama. I'm hoping you are encoding 12-44, also? =)

Seghal

Postby Seghal » Thu May 31, 2007 10:02 pm

The second batch should be out in a few days.

kangyuii

Postby kangyuii » Fri Jun 15, 2007 12:47 pm

You're so kind, big thank from me^^

psng

When can we expect the second batch?

Postby psng » Fri Jun 15, 2007 5:39 pm

Great Series!

nedayaj

Postby nedayaj » Sun Jun 17, 2007 4:24 am

Thanks so much! I love this drama. I totally love Mu Lan. She is such a good idol for women these days. Watching her makes me cry and inspires me alot. I hope the next couple episodes come out soon!!

canon05

Postby canon05 » Sun Jun 17, 2007 4:37 am

nedayaj wrote:Thanks so much! I love this drama. I totally love Mu Lan. She is such a good idol for women these days. Watching her makes me cry and inspires me alot. I hope the next couple episodes come out soon!!

Glad I'm not alone. This is indeed a great piece of filmmaking. :-)

Lots of people commented that Mulan such a weak or foolish woman, etc something like that.

nedayaj

Postby nedayaj » Tue Jun 19, 2007 11:27 pm

How can they say Mulan is weak. I really admire her because she had the patient for her husband who cheated on her and remained loyal even though she loved umm... whats his name... But yea. I admire her alot. She is a women who took care of the household and thought about the family instead of herself.

I do understand why they say she is weak. I use to think that women like Mulan was stupid and weak. But then I began to see and realize many thing. Honestly, although Mulan had suffered alot being selfless and thinking about the family, she was still happy for what she had. Unlike people these days, the would never satisfied or happy for what they have.

Mulan is a women I find to be very inspiring, because she still stood up even when her husband, Zeng Sunya cheated on her. She even took good care of his son. Which I admire her for her patients and her intelligence. Sometimes love isn't all about first sight or feelings for each other. It's about the hardship you go through together, supporting each other and having patients to understand and trust. One must start first before the other will see and return.

These days, youth are so impatient, that we want others to do things for us quickly and we tend to give up hope so easily leaving the problem behind instead of solving it. In life what we don't realize is what we have and things around us. We're so into ourselves that we don't care to help others or do little things here and there.

After watching "A moment in Peking", I fell inlove with this drama. I find Mulan to be a great women. Whoever thinks she is weak, is actually the weaker one then her because they cannot imagine themselves doing what she did.

Although Mulan seem to be weak, she is stronger then most people because she is willing to face the hardship and take it slow, letting time pass by to solve problems and supporting people.

Plus Vicki Zhao Wei, playing her role, totally impressed me. I love VICKI, she is still my idol! hehehe... After watching all of her dramas, in "A Moment in Peking", really show how she have grown over the years. She is a great actress and I hope to see her in more dramas soon! *^_^*

canon05

Postby canon05 » Thu Jun 21, 2007 3:54 am

@nedayaj

Well said. I couldn't agree more with you. That's what I thought. I envy your ability to express your thoughts clearly. :-)

Mulan liked Kong Lifu who later married her sister Mochou.

nedayaj

Postby nedayaj » Thu Jun 21, 2007 4:31 pm

Hey, thanks anyways!

Anyways, I only said what I felt and thought. Anyone can express what they think. Like I tell most people, what you say have to come from your heart and how you truely feel. Sometimes it's hard to express, but then taking one step at a time to express is better then not.

Due to my experience and learning to debate, I learn to express myself clearly and communicate. In one's life, communication is the bridge to life, love and etc.

So Canon05, what did you think of A moment in Peking?

canon05

Postby canon05 » Sat Jun 23, 2007 8:58 am

What more can I say...what you said is exactly the same as I was thinking to say. I liked it too. I hope more quality dramas like this will appear.

There is one thing that bothers me -- Mrs. Niu. It seems to me that she didn't do her part very well. If I view her from a different angle, that is probably a part of her character.

nedayaj

Postby nedayaj » Sat Jun 23, 2007 10:57 pm

I agree with you. Ms. Niu, I just thought she was a spoil brat and annoying lady. But then after watching the intereview and seeing the real people explain more about their roles, I felt that Er Xiao Nai Nai could have done a better job a her role. She was good but it seems something was missing that she needed to great.

Part of a spoiler but more discussing:
[spoiler] Gosh now that I look at all three women charcters and the whole entire story, wow these three womens are so pitiful. First Daughter-inlaw is soooo pitiful because her husband died on the night they married, which is horrible. If it was me, I wouldn't know what to do. Being 2nd daughter-in-law, I think they made her too bad. I don't think she is that bad of a character, they just didn't focus how the good things about her. They only made her really bad and wants everything her way. But she is actually very pitiful, because she is married to a useless man, and who doesn't love her. I think that was wrong about her character. They made her too bad, that it was hard to understand her and pity her. You just wanted to smack her. After the interview I saw on youtube, that is only when I realize that she is really pitiful too. I began understanding her character and women like her. Sad... and now Yao Mulan. Dam, she is pitiful too. Her husband cheated on her and had a kid with someone. Dam, I would have left him already, but gosh she is so thoughtful and patient and loving. That is why I love her. She makes me want to continue being a good girl and role model, because of what she went through, she was still a good person. [/spoiler]

I love them all. All three characters. But I do pity Ms. Niu because she screwed up her life.

canon05

Postby canon05 » Sun Jun 24, 2007 3:58 pm

I was talking about her mother. Sometimes her presence ruined the whole scene because her acts were over-reacted. Then I thought that was probably a part of her character. Think about her husband, Mr. Niu who is fat and short while she is thin and tall.

Niu Suyun was a spoiled brat. I couldn't think of her having some good things. If she learned that her family was not nice (like Niu Huaiyu in the beginning), she would have been a good daughter like Manni and Mulan.

TheGreven

Postby TheGreven » Mon Jul 02, 2007 3:15 pm

when will the next episodes be uploaded?

xingdau

Postby xingdau » Mon Jul 09, 2007 2:50 pm

I've done some spell checks of the subtitles, should I upload them here. And I also have another question, which might spoil the story.

[spoiler] In ep 10 during the Pingya funeral, why Mulan recommend not to use the soya sauce in all dishes[/spoiler]

Seghal

Postby Seghal » Mon Jul 09, 2007 8:28 pm

Sorry for the delay. Work and Guild Wars have kept me busy. I'm now cutting the episodes of the second batch and still have to retime the subs. But it shouldn't take much time.

@xingdau: You can upload them here. I will then link to them in the first post.

xingdau

Postby xingdau » Tue Jul 10, 2007 12:44 am

Here are the spell checked subtitles, which were done by using MS spell check tool.
Attachments
Moment.in.Peking.Ep01-11.[DVDRip].spchecked.rar
(176.11 KiB) Downloaded 573 times

TheGreven

Postby TheGreven » Sat Jul 21, 2007 8:27 pm

so how is it going with the newer episodes?

mbr

Postby mbr » Tue Aug 07, 2007 7:27 am

Thanks for another great drama. I'm at 90% done. Please help!

TheGreven

Postby TheGreven » Sun Dec 23, 2007 1:01 pm

So what happened to the rest of the episodes?

KASHINO_REI

Postby KASHINO_REI » Sat Jan 19, 2008 4:34 am

I think you have to be patient, TheGreven! :roll
We are all looking forward to the rest of the drama. right! :thumright:

TheEmperor

Postby TheEmperor » Mon Mar 31, 2008 4:27 pm

I've watched the first episode (completed) and partial completed ones (VLC with skipping, d'oh!), the wedding part is interesting, and to see Mo-chow fled the wedding, her worried parents helpless, Mulan to the rescue -- I can see this is a nice drama though I've not read the book. And wonderful cast (+Vicke Zhao!)..

Guess I've joined the swam late :O ... Currently we are stuck at 97%, please help seed for a little while. Thanks for your time! :-)

Please upload the rest of the episodes!
Advance thanks! :salut: :D

boris7

Postby boris7 » Mon Mar 31, 2008 4:50 pm

Thank you for the file....this is a classic!!!! :cheers: :cheers: :salut:

tepaj

Postby tepaj » Wed Oct 01, 2008 7:08 am

Sooo...this seems like a great drama from what I was able to see of the greatly edited and dubbed version. I couldn't understand some of what was going on because of the poor quality of editing. Anyway, I'm glad it's uploaded here and hopefully it's still being seeded so that I will get all of it. Actually, my parents love this one too and they were complaining about the editing too so I think if I have the time, I will work on the subs so that they can at least understand what is going on. But I'm not that great in my own language so I may give up before I even start. Thanks for posting and hopefully the rest will be uploaded soon.
:heart: ALL FOR THE LOVE OF ASIAN DRAMAS!!! :wub:
avatar icon credits to LJ user carmendove

hhnd

Postby hhnd » Mon Aug 17, 2009 6:01 pm

I will patiently wait for the rest of the drama. I've seen the series dubbed, but nothing matches the voice of the actual actors and actresses. Thank you so much for the work you've done!!!!

faith genesis raven

Postby faith genesis raven » Tue Aug 03, 2010 2:28 pm

Can someone seed this please ? or give megaupload links etc...
Also where can i get the rest of the eps

Thanks

winter_winds

Postby winter_winds » Fri Jan 06, 2012 8:28 am

faith genesis raven wrote:Can someone seed this please ? or give megaupload links etc...
Also where can i get the rest of the eps

Thanks

Here's the MU links --> http://www.vietdownloads.com/showthread.php?t=3187

can somebody continue make this subt....?

Return to “Subtitles”