The Price of Greed [Eng Subs] (Ep 1) [DROPPED]

You can find/upload subtitle files for tv drama series here.
Please use the Fansubbing forum to discuss subtitles.
DoReMii

The Price of Greed [Eng Subs] (Ep 1) [DROPPED]

Postby DoReMii » Thu Apr 26, 2007 11:09 am

Title
The Price of Greed

Broadcast

Main Cast
Bosco Wong as Lui To
Sammul Chan as Tsui Fung
Shirley Yeung as Yan Yuet
Kate Tsui as Laam Ping
Kingdom Yuen as Lo Sei Leung
Vivien Yeo
Ben Wong
Sam Chan
Mary Hon
Kwok Fung

Synopsis
Kate plays the daughter of a rich guy. She falls in love with Sammul. Unfortunately for Kate and her father, Sammul is a conman who is only interested in her money and plans to get rid of her and her father after they get married so he can get at the cash.

Bosco plays a police officer, who has a crush on Kate, which is not reciprocated. He is investigating Sammul, but can't quite get enough evidence to bring him to justice.
(DramaWiki)

Click here for RAW

Credits
Episode 1
Translation: Vela
Spot Translation: tiny25
Timing: ccdj
Editing: blush
QC: ccdj
Encoding: ccdj

Hardsubs coming soon! (translotor's notes will be included within the hardsub, but for soft subs, please refer to the notes below)

Translator's notes:

(1) It is common in Chinese to address people by their name plus a family or relatives' title, even if they are not related. However, as English has no equivalent to being addressed in such a way, we will be addressing characters only by their name.

(2) When Mui Mui sings the song 'Shanghai at Night', a place called Lai Wan is mentioned. It is a place that is famous for its delicious congee.

(3) There is a Chinese saying that has been literally translated as "There are criminals that you're not catching, and yet you mistake good people for criminals." where the implied meaning is, "You're wasting your time keeping us here. You should be catching the real criminals out there."

(4) 'Deva Eyes' is the ability to see all forms as explained in 'The seeker's glossary of Buddhism'.
'Mental Telepathy is the ability to know the thoughts of others again, as explained in 'The seeker's glossary of Buddhism'.

(5) Another Chinese saying, literally "If you had hair, would you choose to be balding in patches?!", meaning "It's not like I asked for to be like this."

(6) In explaining how the character for 'Righteousness' is written, she is trying to say "Proclaiming about justice and righteousness will only make you a target to be deceived."

Hosting Permissions
Please DO NOT upload any of our files to any streaming sites such as youtube, google video etc. Also we ask that you DO NOT upload ANY raw avi videos that we have uploaded here on torrents. Link to the torrents and the subtitles thread pages [no hot linking]. However we do welcome hosts [DDL] for all Hardsub editions of what we release, please ask permission first of course.

Enjoy the show!!!

DoReMii Blog
Attachments
PriceofGreed01.RAW.DoReMii.srt
(51.19 KiB) Downloaded 938 times
Last edited by DoReMii on Sat Apr 28, 2007 7:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kirali

Postby Kirali » Thu Apr 26, 2007 11:12 am

YAY!!! Our first Price of Greed release ^_^

Thank you team XD *huggles*

Resie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Postby Resie » Thu Apr 26, 2007 11:21 am

WOOTS! Congrats! Can't wait to see it :wub: Huzzah for another release from us :D

brumisateur

Postby brumisateur » Sun Jun 24, 2007 6:44 pm

고맙습니다

recycle

Postby recycle » Sun Jun 24, 2007 7:19 pm

thanks very much for subbing

skylurv3

help

Postby skylurv3 » Fri Feb 08, 2008 12:58 pm

i have tried downloading the first epi torrent . But somehow, the percentage tt is downloaded for the show still remains at 0%. Any1 pls help?

Puszedli

Postby Puszedli » Fri Feb 08, 2008 4:18 pm

Thanks for the first ep. This drama looks really interesting.
Currently watching: I DO I DO, Rich man, poor woman, GTO, Mikeneko Holmes no Suiri, Omoni Naitemasu

victoriaw

Postby victoriaw » Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:35 pm

Does somebody know where I could find Spanish subtitles for this?
I can't find them !

---------------------------------------
phone interpretation

Return to “Subtitles”