Psychometrer Eiji [Eng Subs] (Complete)

You can find/upload subtitle files for tv drama series here.
Please use the Fansubbing forum to discuss subtitles.
gromitt
Fansubber
Fansubber

Psychometrer Eiji [Eng Subs] (Complete)

Postby gromitt » Thu Mar 29, 2007 1:12 am

Drama/story: http://www.jdorama.com/drama.324.htm or drama wiki http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Psychometrer_Eiji

Credits:
Raws provider: battlegirlai
Translated and timed: gromitt
Editor: janettd (?)

Picked up this project in Oct/Nov last year, because I wanted to sub something that has Kohara Yuki in it. There weren't much choices cos he didn't do many dramas, so I picked this one. And all the credits to battlegirlai for sharing these hard-to-find raws :-)

The subs were done hurriedly, so they aren't good at all. I didn't edit or QC the subs because I didn't think I would post them here. So you can expect some blanks here and there, but I think the viewer will still be able to understand the plot. I don't think I have any spare time to re-look the subs so I'm hoping to get gshock99 to help edit them. When that's done, I'll post the edited subs here.
Attachments
Psychometrer Eiji_edited.rar
English subs - Ep 1-10 edited for English/grammar by janettd. Thanks~
(127.49 KiB) Downloaded 2244 times
Psychometrer_Eiji_DRAFT2_subs.rar
English subs (draft copy #2) - Ep 1-10 - Edited Ep 6 & 7 based on leimoni's notes. Thanks~ [PS: haven't been able to contact gshock99 to edit the subs. If anyone is interested to do it, pls PM me.
(131.87 KiB) Downloaded 2722 times
Last edited by gromitt on Fri Feb 15, 2008 2:53 am, edited 5 times in total.

kawaiigarden

Postby kawaiigarden » Thu Mar 29, 2007 8:35 am

Thanks for your hard work, I'll wait for the episodes.
Avancement des projets de KG Fansub:WIKI FR

hakuharu

Postby hakuharu » Thu Mar 29, 2007 8:56 am

I read some of the mangas as scanlations and really liked the story. Looking forward to the live action :wub: Thank you very very much for the subs!!!
Ava inspired by Murakami Takashi

battlegirlai

Postby battlegirlai » Thu Mar 29, 2007 9:13 am

the first episode is still pending ^_^ so hopefully it will be approved soon. but i added the sub thread to the description so everyone will be able to find the subs ^_^ thanks again, gromitt ^_^

it is very much like the manga...if you loved the manga, you will love the tvseries ^_^

hakuharu

Postby hakuharu » Thu Mar 29, 2007 10:00 am

battlegirlai wrote:the first episode is still pending ^_^ so hopefully it will be approved soon. but i added the sub thread to the description so everyone will be able to find the subs ^_^ thanks again, gromitt ^_^

it is very much like the manga...if you loved the manga, you will love the tvseries ^_^

I'm glad to hear this! Thank you again, futaritomo! I'm really looking forward to it - now, I have to run off and clear some space! XD

zeldAIS
Fansubber
Fansubber

Postby zeldAIS » Thu Mar 29, 2007 10:48 am

THANK YOU VERY VERY VERY MUCH!!!

i'm a BIG fan of the scanlations of this - gotta love omanga scanlations for that :)

edit: if it's alright with you - would it be ok to hardsub this? or are there dvd release of the series of this?
"the fansubs/scanlations community must be helping and understanding each other"
"quality fansubs/scanlations takes quality time"
"lazy and nagging leechers makes fansubbers/scanlators assholes"

battlegirlai

Postby battlegirlai » Thu Mar 29, 2007 11:11 am

zeldAIS wrote:edit: if it's alright with you - would it be ok to hardsub this? or are there dvd release of the series of this?

there hasn't been a dvd release of Psychometrer Eiji to my knowledge..but if i am wrong, someone please let me know where to get them from and i will be there in a shot to get some. the raws took me several months of seriously dedicated searching to get the whole set...tho all i am missing now is half of the second season special raw(tho i have the whole thing chinese subbed)

zeldAIS
Fansubber
Fansubber

Postby zeldAIS » Thu Mar 29, 2007 1:18 pm

hmmm - with my searching - there are only vcds of it >_< darnit....

this was one of my first scanlations ever read (about 5-6 years ago) i only got a hit herefrom ebay - though that's ebay. and the description says it has chinese hardsubs like you have...

hmmm - as also with my searching - there are no LD's of it (as i was hoping the infamous manga hongkong dvds converted those LD's into dvds :P)....*sigh*
"the fansubs/scanlations community must be helping and understanding each other"

"quality fansubs/scanlations takes quality time"

"lazy and nagging leechers makes fansubbers/scanlators assholes"

leimomi

Postby leimomi » Fri Mar 30, 2007 3:32 am

:)I've never heard of this drama, but it certainly sounds interesting. Thank you for uploading and the drafts of the translations. It will help a lot towards enjoying this! :cheers:

pikachi

Postby pikachi » Fri Mar 30, 2007 11:33 am

can anyone tell me where to find the raw? i can only find ep1 in the tracker. I really really like the manga so looking forward to the live action!!!!

Magicus

Postby Magicus » Sat Mar 31, 2007 4:51 am

Thanks gromitt and battlegirlai! The show has a style that is very similar to IWGP with the music and direction. I checked the wiki because I was thinking that it was made by the same director and sure enough it was :lol

Looking forward to the rest of it, seems like it's going to be good fun.

battlegirlai

Postby battlegirlai » Sat Mar 31, 2007 10:07 am

episode 2 is now posted

jholic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby jholic » Mon Apr 02, 2007 2:55 am

battlegirlai and grommit: thanks for posting these. i edited the title so that people know the subs could use some editing.
Use THUMBS UP/DOWN buttons to KEEP or DELETE posts.
If you see SPAM or ABUSE, use the REPORT button.

Wwaldo37

Postby Wwaldo37 » Mon Apr 02, 2007 5:21 pm

Thanks for the subs!

I haven't watched this yet but from the description it has something in common w/
the K-Drama I watched last night. The Devil (woman?) the main character is a woman w/ Psychometrery powers. I also watched The Dresden Files (Wizard detective) last night.

battlegirlai

Postby battlegirlai » Mon Apr 02, 2007 6:45 pm

Wwaldo37 wrote:Thanks for the subs!

I haven't watched this yet but from the description it has something in common w/
the K-Drama I watched last night. The Devil (woman?) the main character is a woman w/ Psychometrery powers. I also watched The Dresden Files (Wizard detective) last night.

well, i haven't watched the Devil...but having seen the Dresden Files and having read all the books...Eiji isn't much at all like Dresden...there isn't magic involved...its a psychic gift Eiji has...but its nothing mystical. no demons or spells or anything like that. i hope you enjoy Eiji tho. its more crime mystery than supernatural mystery.

jewelchan

Postby jewelchan » Fri Apr 06, 2007 6:42 am

Thanks so much for subbing this series. I've watched upto episode 4 so far and the subtitle is great. Though there're some missing lines but I don't feel like I miss anything. Great job. :cheers:

Hope you consider subbing Season 2 too. :wub:
A Game About Love Torrent Files & Direct Downloads.

Ruffiela

Postby Ruffiela » Sun Apr 08, 2007 7:17 pm

Thanks battlegirlai and gromitt for providing the subs.

:D

leimomi

Postby leimomi » Thu Apr 12, 2007 5:05 pm

:-) Thank you for the subs! It really helped me understand what was happening.

Two comments, though ...

In the Idol Stalker Case, when they talk about "shita", could it refer to tongue, rather than the lower half of the body? Since they show the blood dribbling from the mouth, but there are no camera angles of lower portion of the body, I think that that is what the murderer is taking as a "souvenir". :unsure:

In Episode 7, about 9-10 minutes into it, they talk about Eiji's former psychometry vision -- rather than "mirror", "meera" probably refers to the "mummy" we saw in episode 6.

Anyways, thank you for all your hard work! :cheers:

grey6432

Postby grey6432 » Mon Apr 16, 2007 11:24 pm

i been searching for this for ages now..........wow....thanks you so much

battlegirlai

Postby battlegirlai » Thu Apr 19, 2007 12:32 pm

Psychometrer Eiji 1-10 is all uploaded now. plenty of seeds all over the place. i hope everyone enjoys the show

and Gromitt, thank you so much again for translating this series. You made a big wish of mine come true when you asked about it. I am forever grateful ^_^

Lady Zhuge

Postby Lady Zhuge » Thu Apr 19, 2007 1:37 pm

Thanks for the subs, gromitt. You're way too modest!

pedang_patah

Postby pedang_patah » Sun Apr 22, 2007 11:44 am

Thank you for the subs!!!!

I'm a big fan of its manga and have a complete set of the manga! 8D Really like it a lot! When i watch kdrama's Mawang/The Devil, i thought this is just the same like Psychometrer Eiji except that it's a girl who has the power. Then i thought why aren't there any Psychometrer Eiji jdrama??? Yesterday i found it in crunchyroll.com and was really surprised!!!! But the guy who's playing Eiji...-.- I don't like it? And Yusuke should be wearing glasses! And Toru! Why doesn't he has a long hair? Nway, the video in the crunchyroll won't play so i couldn't watch the whole thing :( BTW, Toru is way too geeky.. He should be cooler.. Maa.. I don't care.. It's better than nothing at all.

The drama didn't totally follow the manga much. Like Eiji didn't live in a boy's dorm in the manga, but he lived with Emi. He also owned a bike.

Everyone should read the manga as well!

ps: Can anyone upload it in veoh please?

battlegirlai

Postby battlegirlai » Sun Apr 22, 2007 1:44 pm

i'd hafta say.....if the show was exactly like the manga in every way...what would be the point? how boring! i thought the acting was good and i thought the characters were reworked well into the live action. most of the changes that were made from the manga were to cover up the fact that they dont give nearly as much character background and development in the drama as they did in the manga (which they obviously couldn't or the show would have dragged quite badly) . every change makes sense.

i love the manga. i wouldn't change a thing in the manga. I love the live action drama. i wouldn't change a think in the live action either. (even tho i think kohara yuki plays the exact same character in every drama i've seen him in)

pedang_patah

Postby pedang_patah » Sun Apr 22, 2007 2:08 pm

Ahhh... That's Tamiya... I forgot there were 4 of them. Eiji, Toru, Yusuke, Tamiya.....

Yeah it'll be difficult to totally follow the manga. The drama is decent though. There's a 2nd season for this?? 8D

azazil7

Postby azazil7 » Sun Apr 22, 2007 2:24 pm

Thanks for sharing! I really enjoyed the series! :cheers:

battlegirlai

Postby battlegirlai » Sun Apr 22, 2007 11:22 pm

yes, there is a second season and the second season special.

Ebbie28

Postby Ebbie28 » Mon May 07, 2007 11:18 pm

Do anyone know where i can download secound season or where i can watch it..

amarerose

Postby amarerose » Mon Jun 18, 2007 8:22 pm

Hi. Just wanted to say how grateful I am to you for doing this. There aren't many people out there willing to subb such old files. And I can imagine how difficult and tiring subbing must be. But I LOVE Kohara Yuki-san. And thanks to you I could watch him in a drama and actually understand what was it all about. I'm a happy person right now. And I had to thank you for that. Arigatou gozaimashita.

hakuharu

Postby hakuharu » Sat Jul 07, 2007 1:54 pm

Waaa, this is a good series, thanks for the translations. It's really worth watching!! :cheers:

janettd

Postby janettd » Wed Feb 13, 2008 2:14 am

Thanks battlegirlai for exellent Raws of this drama.
And thank you Grommit for the subs.
All ten Ep:s are edited and are in your mail.
Janett

joykimlee

Postby joykimlee » Thu Feb 28, 2008 2:14 pm

Very good dorama that has made me a fangirl of Eiji aka Mabo of Tokio. Arigato gozamashita. Battlegirlai, please consider subbing Season 2. Onegai shimasu.

yunizuka

Postby yunizuka » Thu Feb 28, 2008 2:23 pm

Thanks a lot for the subs and the raw files ! I love the manga and the drama was very good ! I like when the live action is different from the manga because if it were the same, it'll be kinda boring :/
Hope someone will sub season 2 :D
Thanks again !

joykimlee

Postby joykimlee » Thu Mar 27, 2008 3:37 pm

gromitt - Please sub season 2, onegai shimasu. U did a great job subbing season 1, doumo arigato. Really enjoyed Psychometrer Eiji, hontoni subarashii.

battlegirlai

Postby battlegirlai » Thu Mar 27, 2008 5:18 pm

i commiserate with everyone...i'd love to have subs for the second season and special as well. unfortunately, there has been no offer from a translator to take it up. i've left a standing offer.

but please, please, stop asking for subs. its against d-a policy and it might only serve to annoy gromitt who was so wonderful to translate the first season.

Mitani

Postby Mitani » Sun Apr 27, 2008 3:20 pm

battlegirlai wrote:i commiserate with everyone...i'd love to have subs for the second season and special as well. unfortunately, there has been no offer from a translator to take it up. i've left a standing offer.

but please, please, stop asking for subs. its against d-a policy and it might only serve to annoy gromitt who was so wonderful to translate the first season.

well, even tho there might not turn a translator up somewhere soon, would you mind maybe uploading second season? I don't understand japanese that well, but nomatter how little I'll understand in the end I really want to watch the second season of this series ^__^
onegai m(._.)m

vrcatz

Postby vrcatz » Sun Feb 15, 2009 9:41 pm

thx a lot

prestoli

Postby prestoli » Mon Nov 16, 2009 8:24 pm

Thanks for subbing and uploading. It's really great to be able to watch older series like this.

Return to “Subtitles”