Saigo no Koi [Eng Subs] (Complete)

You can find/upload subtitle files for tv drama series here.
Please use the Fansubbing forum to discuss subtitles.
Haruspex
Fansubber
Fansubber

Saigo no Koi [Eng Subs] (Complete)

Postby Haruspex » Wed Sep 06, 2006 10:06 pm

I am attaching English soft-subtitles for all 11 episodes of 'Saigo no Koi,' (Last Love) which originally aired between July 11th and September 19th, 1997, with a screenplay by Kitagawa Eriko. These subtitles are timed to the avi files originally uploaded by ap.

Resources:

Original Avi files uploaded by ap:
http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/torrents.php?search=saigo+no+koi&type=&sub=View+all&sort=

Japanese Home page for Saigo no Koi:'
http://www.tbs.co.jp/drama_archive/saigonokoi/index-j.html

DramaWiki entry for Saigo no Koi:'
http://wiki.d-addicts.com/index.php?title=Category:JDrama&from=S

JDorama link to ‘Saigo no Koi:'
http://jdorama.com/drama.345.htm

Notes:

1) ‘Saigo no Koi’ aired many years ago on KIKU with English subtitles. However, I don’t have access to those files (if they exist), so I had to start from scratch for my subtitles. As a result, I have no idea how well they match up to, or compare with, the earlier translation. Hopefully someone out there who has seen the KIKU subs can let me know how well they compare someday.

2) In the first episode, there is an insert song. That song is ‘Swallowtail Butterfly,’ performed by the Yen Town Band and sung by lead singer Chara. This song had been featured, along with several other songs by the band, in the movie ‘Swallowtail Butterfly,’ which had been released the year before ‘Saigo no Koi.’ In addtion to the song, there are several homages to the movie in the first couple of episodes of ‘Saigo no Koi,’ so if you have seen the movie, keep an eye out for them. I do recommend seeing the movie if only to watch Jdrama stalwarts such as Watabe Atsuro and Eguchi Yosuke speaking English!

Thanks go to Phoenix for agreeing to review these subtitles before I posted them here. Not only was Phoenix able to pick out most of my more glaring errors, but it forced me to look harder myself. These subs benefited greatly from Phoenix’s efforts. Thanks!

I hope you enjoy the series, “Saigo no Koi” (Last Love)!

Haruspex
Attachments
Saigo no Koi English Subs.zip
Saigo no Koi - Episodes 1 - 11 (Complete) - English Subtitles
(157.56 KiB) Downloaded 3317 times

Vorpal_Blade

Postby Vorpal_Blade » Wed Sep 06, 2006 10:22 pm

Thank you. This was a pleasant suprise to find.

-VB-

Kurusawa

Postby Kurusawa » Wed Sep 06, 2006 10:36 pm

Thanks! Indeed it is a suprise. Now we just need some seeders for the files!
Kurusawa

vis

Postby vis » Wed Sep 06, 2006 10:57 pm

Wow! Awesome XD Thank you Haruspex and Phoenix ^^ This series seem really interesting, even though I'm no fan of Tokiwa ^^;;;; I'll be sure to check it out though!

@Kurosawa: LOL, indeed~~
Credit to beautifulxmess for the lovely avatar/icon.

OldBoy

Postby OldBoy » Wed Sep 06, 2006 10:58 pm

I don't believe this, I don't believe this, I don't believe this.

I don't believe this!

:faint:

Seriously, I don't believe this. The raws have been burning a hole on my hardrive forever.

Nakai-kun here I come baby!!~
Thanks so much.
:salut:

edit:
To show my appreciation for this, and to show how happy I am for seeing subs for this finally (one of my dream subtitles) i'm going to start seeding all eps in a few minutes.

koolaid

Postby koolaid » Thu Sep 07, 2006 1:11 am

Thanks for the subtitles. I always love the work you do, Haruspex. I am looking forward to watching another Takako Tokiwa drama.

marienella_m

Postby marienella_m » Thu Sep 07, 2006 4:02 am

Oh my gosh!!! :w00t:
this is totally unexpected!!!!!!
Thanks a lot Haruspex!!!!!!!!!

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

ladyusagi

Postby ladyusagi » Thu Sep 07, 2006 4:03 am

ahhh omg thank you for this. this is probably the first subtitled nakai drama ever. thank you so much

kernasun

Postby kernasun » Thu Sep 07, 2006 5:22 am

Thanks, another classic saved!

gryzze
Administrator
Administrator

Postby gryzze » Thu Sep 07, 2006 10:08 am

Several Kitagawa Eriko dramas have turned up lately and that makes me really happy... :P

Thanks Haruspex and Phoenix for the subtitles!

Thanks ap for uploading the raws!

And also thanks to OldBoy for reseeding them!

:thumleft:

Nyshal

Postby Nyshal » Thu Sep 07, 2006 3:15 pm

Thank you so much!! I've been wanting to see a Nakai drama for a while now :D This is one of the best surprises ^_^

Haruspex
Fansubber
Fansubber

Saigo no Koi Subtitles

Postby Haruspex » Thu Sep 07, 2006 4:02 pm

Several Kitagawa Eriko dramas have turned up lately and that makes me really happy...

Yes, I'm personally looking forward to her next series, たったひとつの恋 (Tata hitotsu no Koi/Just one Love) http://www.ntv.co.jp/hitotsu/

I may even give it a shot at translating if I have the time (I'm currently working on another series at the moment though, so...)

Haruspex

gryzze
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Saigo no Koi Subtitles

Postby gryzze » Thu Sep 07, 2006 11:46 pm

Haruspex wrote:Yes, I'm personally looking forward to her next series, たったひとつの恋 (Tata hitotsu no Koi/Just one Love) http://www.ntv.co.jp/hitotsu/

Me too... I'm sure I'll love it like all her other dramas.

Haruspex wrote:I may even give it a shot at translating if I have the time (I'm currently working on another series at the moment though, so...)

I heard that dancestar24 is going to sub it, but I'm not sure...

Another series? I'll look forward to it... :-)

Su

Postby Su » Fri Sep 08, 2006 12:03 am

Thank you so much, Haruspex :)

pegsball

Postby pegsball » Sun Oct 08, 2006 2:18 pm

Thanks for the subs! If ANYONE can seed this series....please do! I'm dying to watch the rest!

Phoenix

Postby Phoenix » Mon Oct 09, 2006 7:02 am

In appreciation for Haruspex's generosity in creating soft subs for this series, I'll be seeding Saigo no Koi over the next few days. Episode 1 is now seeding. Thanks Haruspex! :D

pegsball

Postby pegsball » Mon Oct 09, 2006 10:47 am

Phoenix - You STAR!! I'll be looking forward to being able to watch the rest of this series (I hope you are able to gradually seed them all!). To anybody else who wants this series, I'll continue to seed once I grab some more episodes!

oretatsubasa

thanks a lot!

Postby oretatsubasa » Mon Oct 09, 2006 12:58 pm

i can't believe it's finally here. English subs for one of nakai's drama series! Thanks so much! But I haven't downloaded the raws yet. I hope there will be seeders for the other eps too. Thanks to OldBoy, pegsball, and Phoenix for reseeding. Thanks to Haruspex for the subtitles!

* ladyusagi * : this isn't the first nakai drama series i've watched. kiku tv had an english hard subbed series back in the hey day titled "Good News". if you have the chance, please do watch it. it's really good & nakai being a "father" is so sweet.

Thanks again!
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

http://oretatsubasa.livejournal.com
(for media sharing & rantings)

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

kenyu

Postby kenyu » Thu Oct 12, 2006 1:08 pm

Hello everyone! in appreciation to Haruspex (for eng.soft subs), Oldboy, pegsball and Phoenix (for reseeding) pls. also try to help seed (at least for a while) once you finish downloading. I'm also currently helping seed some of the eps. that needs seeding. And we got some files w/c still needs some seeders. So ppl i'm asking for your help if u have the files pls. try to seed for a while so everyone could finish and enjoy this great show!!

Once again thanks to ppl like Haruspex who gave us the eng.soft subs and Phoenix, pegsball and Oldboy for trying to reseed this show!! :cheers:

pegsball

Postby pegsball » Thu Oct 12, 2006 7:40 pm

kenyu wrote:Hello everyone! in appreciation to Haruspex (for eng.soft subs), Oldboy, pegsball and Phoenix (for reseeding) pls. also try to help seed (at least for a while) once you finish downloading. I'm also currently helping seed some of the eps. that needs seeding. And we got some files w/c still needs some seeders. So ppl i'm asking for your help if u have the files pls. try to seed for a while so everyone could finish and enjoy this great show!!

Once again thanks to ppl like Haruspex who gave us the eng.soft subs and Phoenix, pegsball and Oldboy for trying to reseed this show!! :cheers:

I second that! I'm still seeding a couple of the episodes...but haven't been able to complete episodes 9-11 yet. So please do keep seeding for a while!

OldBoy

Postby OldBoy » Thu Oct 12, 2006 10:54 pm

^I'm seeding 9-11 now. I'll try and do it for a while, but there's not much I can do if the few people who are downloading can't connect to me. That happens sometimes.

pegsball

Postby pegsball » Fri Oct 13, 2006 12:10 am

OldBoy wrote:^I'm seeding 9-11 now. I'll try and do it for a while, but there's not much I can do if the few people who are downloading can't connect to me. That happens sometimes.

Arigatou! I've managed to finish 9. And 10 seems to be slowly coming along now.

kenyu

Postby kenyu » Fri Oct 13, 2006 1:47 am

Currently we need seeders for eps.1,2 and 4. Anybody who has them pls. try to help seed them...haven't been able to complete those as well :-( Thanks in advance :salut:
In the mean time i'll continue to seed the other eps. that needs seeding.

Thanks once again Oldboy and pegsball for your continued support in seeding this series! :D

pegsball

Postby pegsball » Fri Oct 13, 2006 10:10 am

Thanks to all who continued seeding (esp. Phoenix!!) - finally managed to complete the series. Yatta! I'm currently seeding a few of the episodes (including the episode 4 that was requested). Thanks again for everyone that helped seed!

kenyu

Postby kenyu » Fri Oct 13, 2006 11:33 am

pegsball wrote:Thanks to all who continued seeding (esp. Phoenix!!) - finally managed to complete the series. Yatta! I'm currently seeding a few of the episodes (including the episode 4 that was requested). Thanks again for everyone that helped seed!

Thanks a lot! Manage to finish episode 4 :D
Hope you could also seed episodes 1 and 2 as well!!

pegsball

Postby pegsball » Fri Oct 13, 2006 12:26 pm

kenyu wrote:Thanks a lot! Manage to finish episode 4 :D
Hope you could also seed episodes 1 and 2 as well!!

Unfortunately episodes 1 & 2 are the only ones I don't have on my hard drive! Gomen ne.

luckysmile20
Fansubber
Fansubber

Postby luckysmile20 » Tue Nov 07, 2006 3:38 am

Thank you, Haruspex!!

I know I'm late, but I want to get all the episodes, and the torrents are dying, with few downloaders and 0 seeders.
Anyone knows whose clubbox has this series?

Thanks!

pegsball

Postby pegsball » Tue Nov 07, 2006 7:08 am

luckysmile20 wrote:Thank you, Haruspex!!

I know I'm late, but I want to get all the episodes, and the torrents are dying, with few downloaders and 0 seeders.
Anyone knows whose clubbox has this series?

Thanks!

I'll seed some episodes over the next couple of days...It won't be constant, but I'll do my best.

luckysmile20
Fansubber
Fansubber

Postby luckysmile20 » Tue Nov 07, 2006 9:22 am

I will keep a look out, thank you!! :D

techie
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby techie » Thu Jul 05, 2007 8:35 pm

Thanks a million Haruspex...

(a bump since its the JSOTW) had a hard time finding this first LOL...
Getting rusty
:blink $zipCode = strtoupper($zipCode); // it is not the case of being sensitive... XD

goygakgoy

Postby goygakgoy » Fri Jul 06, 2007 2:21 am

thx a lot.

lukeandlinda

Re: subs!

Postby lukeandlinda » Sat Jul 07, 2007 12:46 pm

dweji wrote:Ah, thanks so much. Guess I was just gett'in lazy expecting someone to have mentioned them or linked them around the first post or so.

-dweji

:thumright: thank you for the upload and the bandwidth we all appreciate it. but I think dweji has a point, thanks for post but no mention if there are subs linked to this series. there are hundreds of dramas not all of them subbed. it would help with torrents health you you attached it since most would assume the are none the way you posted it . this is only one i had ever seen with no mention of subs when there were some. if it wasn't favorite i wouldn't even have assumed there might be subtitles. they aren't easy to find and if you hadn't post link in response to their question i wouldn't have found. when you do search under this name srt's do not come up. plus person above asked really politely. i don't want to seem ungrateful i do appreciate what your doing an :cheers: thanks for the series. i have attached subs to post to save people time.

link to synopsis

http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Saigo_no_koi[/url]
Attachments
Saigo_no_Koi_English_Subs.zip
subtitles for series
(157.56 KiB) Downloaded 456 times
Last edited by lukeandlinda on Sat Jul 07, 2007 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:mrgreen: "i''''d rather be hated for the person I am, than liked for the person i pretend to be"(Author unknown.)

nokzilla

Postby nokzilla » Mon Jul 09, 2007 7:17 am

Thank you for your kindness! ><~

Geiri

The gift that keeps on giving...

Postby Geiri » Thu Feb 05, 2009 2:06 am

Haruspex-
Thank you very much for the soft subs. I was sitting here, trying to watch a VHS tape of 最後の恋 given to me by a kind Japanese teacher who left town and gave me all her tapes. After one episode, I was moderately lost & decided to see if subs were available for this relatively old dorama. Yes! Years after you posted them and many more years after the original airing, they were here, waiting for me.
Of course, now I've got to transcribe the VHS to digital or try to read along.
Thank you.
ps:The gift that keeps on giving" was an advertising slogan in the 60's for some product that nobody remembers. The slogan has survived.

ZemusDS

Postby ZemusDS » Sat Sep 04, 2010 8:41 pm

Many thanks for subbing this great series. :salut:
I don't have the same raws as uploaded here, but they still synced perfectly.

leonhart3788

Postby leonhart3788 » Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:51 am

Yoh~ I recently completed downloading a couple episodes of the drama, thanks to the kind person who provided the seeding. However, I couldn't understand the avi because it has no english subtitle.

Could you please teach me how to attach the subtitle into the avi?

Thanks a lot. ^_^

leonhart3788

Postby leonhart3788 » Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:20 am

Nevermind my above written request. ^_^ I already figured it out through google. haha

tsutsuchan

Postby tsutsuchan » Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:18 pm

Thank you very much for subbing this drama :-]

dhisashi

Postby dhisashi » Sat Apr 06, 2013 4:08 pm

Thanks for subbing this.

Return to “Subtitles”