Help with NERO Ultra ver. 7

Discuss technical and geeky things here.
Ninjadik

Help with NERO Ultra ver. 7

Post by Ninjadik » Aug 8th, '06, 03:22

I have been following the guides on how to add hardsubs and burn on to DVD with NERO Ultra ver. 7 and everything works fine except I am having one problem:

I have the hardsubbed file saved as .avi and it shows to be 700mb big, but when I open NERO and add video, that one file takes up the whole disc and it shows it as being 4gb big as well as in MPG format. It doesn't make sense to me because I am looking at the file > properties and its 700MB. How come when I add it, it shows as 4gb and mpeg? I am so lost, please help. Thanks in advance.

bangkok_devious

Post by bangkok_devious » Aug 8th, '06, 15:46

I have that problem too, just add another video file and Nero should ask you if you want to decrease the quality of the video (answer "yes"), just keep doing that and the quality should still be OK.

Ninjadik

Post by Ninjadik » Aug 8th, '06, 17:53

Thank you! So how many episodes could I fit onto a disc without sacrificing too much quality? (700MB per episode). Thanks =]

xl0lxl0lx

Post by xl0lxl0lx » Aug 8th, '06, 19:47

i always do 4 - 4.5 hours. it gets too pixelated if there's more.

Ninjadik

Post by Ninjadik » Aug 8th, '06, 20:33

Thank you :cheers:

a_my_me

Re: Help with NERO Ultra ver. 7

Post by a_my_me » Aug 24th, '06, 07:33

Ninjadik wrote:I have been following the guides on how to add hardsubs and burn on to DVD with NERO Ultra ver. 7 and everything works fine except I am having one problem:

I have the hardsubbed file saved as .avi and it shows to be 700mb big, but when I open NERO and add video, that one file takes up the whole disc and it shows it as being 4gb big as well as in MPG format. It doesn't make sense to me because I am looking at the file > properties and its 700MB. How come when I add it, it shows as 4gb and mpeg? I am so lost, please help. Thanks in advance.
Which part of NERO ULTRA ver 7 can hardsubbed a file? :blink I have that version but I dunno how to make it possible. Your advice will be greatly appreciated :wub: